PDA

View Full Version : Yams I am sober and I really don't mind Hearts

St.Kristopher
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Given the other thread - I thought I would balance things out a little.

I really don't mind Hearts or their fans to be honest. In fact I really don't mind the majority of fans from other clubs. I do pity the guys (and girls) who are Kings of their own armchair and then turn up on a Saturday and spout a bunch of hate filled nonsense.

I am a Hibby through and through but that does not mean I have to hate others who have chosen to support another team. In fact as far as I am aware from speaking with older generations this hatred is a fairly new phenomena. I actually think that this hatred is just fans trying to copy the bile that our friends in the west coast so love,discuss...

Franck Stanton
10-07-2012, 12:51 PM
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion mate but think you will be in a very small minority. IMO prior to the 7-0 game I think most hibs/hearts fans had a degree of tollerance/respect for each other, however, since that game I feel a distinct change in their attitude towards us. They are preoccupied with EVERYTHING Hibernian and spout a lot of vile hatred towards us, [ 80 -90% of their fans songs are about Hibs], and it has been my experience of whenever I am engaged in conversation with one of them it doesn't matter what you are talking about, but within 60/90 seconds they bring up 1902, [recentrly replaced by 5-1], and just wont give it a rest. So, as I say you will be in a minority. Oh and by the way, I HATE them with a passion.

goosefat
10-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I F'N HATE them with a passion.

It's just a game kids. Friendly banter, yes. "" hating with a "passion"...? :dunno:

#FromTheCapital
10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont have a problem with most hearts fans I know. I come from the west side of edinburgh so unfortunately most people I know are Jambos. And with the majority of them it is light hearted banter when it comes to football. But there are a select few of them who are just too arrogant and I cant stand them. It boils over to hatred on derby day when (for the last few years anyway) they beat us.

The football club is a joke, i'm glad that their cutting back so finally we might see a bit less of the arrogance over the next few years. Just really annoys me how they are exactly the same size as us, but have bought themselves 2 scottish cups in the last 6 years. This comes after years and years of mismanagement which is why they had to sell to Romanov in the first place. Seems they have no morals and command very little respect from not only us but most other clubs in scotland.

goosefat
10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
have bought themselves 2 scottish cups in the last 6 years.

Maybe, but we did give them most of their 5 goals in the final completely free of charge. :boo hoo:

Franck Stanton
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM
It's just a game kids. Friendly banter, yes. "" hating with a "passion"...? :dunno:

Yep, it's my opinion and I am entitled to it, as for "just a game". Well we all know what the late great Shanks said about that comment.

Hermit Crab
10-07-2012, 01:26 PM
given the other thread - i thought i would balance things out a little.

I really don't mind hearts or their fans to be honest. In fact i really don't mind the majority of fans from other clubs. I do pity the guys (and girls) who are kings of their own armchair and then turn up on a saturday and spout a bunch of hate filled nonsense.

I am a hibby through and through but that does not mean i have to hate others who have chosen to support another team. In fact as far as i am aware from speaking with older generations this hatred is a fairly new phenomena. I actually think that this hatred is just fans trying to copy the bile that our friends in the west coast so love,discuss...

ltyf :d ;)

chrisski33
10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I hate hearts but wouldnt go as far as hating every fan as know a few and they are cool. Hearts cut backs wont make them less arrogant as they have that 5-1 over us and will let us know it every derby

#FromTheCapital
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe, but we did give them most of their 5 goals in the final completely free of charge. :boo hoo:

Can't deny that. Looking back though, hearts won the cup as soon as beattie scored their pen in the semi. The only reason we got to the final was because of a relatively easy draw in the earlier rounds. ie not one top 6 team

goosefat
10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Yep, it's my opinion and I am entitled to it, as for "just a game". Well we all know what the late great Shanks said about that comment.

Thanks for clearing that up...and, of course, at no point did I say you were not entitled to your opinion. :rolleyes:

I think it's also safe to say that football is certainally not more important than life or death, no matter who said it.

Franck Stanton
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for clearing that up...and, of course, at no point did I say you were not entitled to your opinion. :rolleyes:

I think it's also safe to say that football is certainally not more important than life or death, no matter who said it.

All about opinions mate, obviously means more to some thae it does to others.

#FromTheCapital
10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I hate hearts but wouldnt go as far as hating every fan as know a few and they are cool. Hearts cut backs wont make them less arrogant as they have that 5-1 over us and will let us know it every derby

They will always have that and to be honest it would take something special to ever get revenge for that, but if we start to beat them regularly which isn't impossible then we will definetely see a lot less arrogance.

Cabbage East
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Hate them. Utterly hate them.

frazeHFC
10-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Fannies. Every one of them.

ScottB
10-07-2012, 02:17 PM
I can't stand those who take it too far, of which Hearts seem to have a higher number than most clubs to be fair, but in general I couldn't care in the slightest what any other club bar Hibs gets up to.

Got better things to do with my time than sit around in seething hatred about club x, y or z :wink:

DCI Gene Hunt
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't hate Hertz, in fact I don't hate anybody. I just dislike them. Reasons to dislike Hertz.

Cocky, big-heided, baw-faced, pie-minching, pish-slavering brainless support, all talk with no intelligence.

Trampy minging pish-stained pigeon loft deathtrap of a "stadium". So 1874.

Bogging minging maroon colour, 70s dodgy mining club chic.

Wallace Mercer and his plan. Epic fail.

Vladimir Romanov.

Dumbos Keekboak.

Cheating/diving/fouling players e.g. Suso Santana.

Eric Milligan.

George Foolkes.

Alex Salmond.

Can think of a multitude of other reasons but can't be bothered to list them, I think we all know them anyway.

That said, I enjoy the rivalry between Hibs and Hertz, mostly it's good-homoured banter, as long as it's kept that way :agree:

Gene

Pretty Boy
10-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Hate Hearts as a club but got mates who are yams who are good guys.

Football rivalry on a personal level for me for the most part.

superfurryhibby
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Given the other thread - I thought I would balance things out a little.

I really don't mind Hearts or their fans to be honest. In fact I really don't mind the majority of fans from other clubs. I do pity the guys (and girls) who are Kings of their own armchair and then turn up on a Saturday and spout a bunch of hate filled nonsense.

I am a Hibby through and through but that does not mean I have to hate others who have chosen to support another team. In fact as far as I am aware from speaking with older generations this hatred is a fairly new phenomena. I actually think that this hatred is just fans trying to copy the bile that our friends in the west coast so love,discuss...

I used to think that Hibs fans had a wee bit more class than our Jamboid counterparts but the advent of on line forums and the like disabused me of that notion. They are our oldest and most bitter rivals, that's beyond question. It comes with the territory in sport but there is the matter of taking it too far.

I would say that traditionally it was Rangers that Hibs fans reserved their deepest dislike for. Issues like the sectarianism they espoused and the troubles in Ireland seemed to feed that, as well as the general weedginess and stupidity of their fans.

I think for older guys HIbs and Hearts were like two cheeks of the same Arse. Both Edinburgh teams and much in common (like chronic underachievers, the fact that we all go to the same schools and the like). Maybe the fact that they have had comparitive success in the past couple of decades and dominated the Derby so much since the eighties enhances the bitterness Hibees feel towards them? Either way to hate them is to give them too much importance. I define my football passion by how much I love HIbs, not by how much I hate our biggest rivals.

jane_says
10-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I've always felt more strongly towards the old firm, especially Celtic. I was 1 of 2 hibees in school so grew up with them and have a lot of mates that are jambos. Also work with a few and yeah it's been difficult the last few derbies but if it was Hibs beating Hearts all the time i'd be giving them it tight as well so I don't hold a grudge.
Never got why people wouldn't speak to them or get to know them, they just support a different team. Aye there's a********s in the Hearts support but there's plenty in the Hibs support too.

LeighLoyal
10-07-2012, 06:03 PM
I hate The Rangers and everything than rotten, criminal mob of **** represent. I also hate Craig Thomson because he's a cheat. Hearts are beneath my contempt.

Jones28
10-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Hearts...well they're our cross-city rivals so on match days it's natural to have a bit of animosity towards them, it doesn't stretch to anything beyond that though...for me anyways.

Most Jambo's I know are decent enough guys and I don't have a bad word to say about my Hearts mates.

However I've always had the impression from Hearts fans that they seem to want some sort of Old Firm style rivalry to exist between us - anyone else felt the same?

Always had a genuine hatred for the Old Firm though and people say "hate" is too strong a word - not for them. Cannot stand any of them. I know one decent Celtic fan, that is it. As far as Rangers are concerned I hate them more than anyone.

neilmartinrocks
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I dont like them or their team or their arrogance or their ground....but hate them?

yeah ok you got me there.

Falkirk Hibby
10-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I hate The Rangers and everything than rotten, criminal mob of **** represent. I also hate Craig Thomson because he's a cheat. Hearts are beneath my contempt.

Oi, you've nicked my username! :grr:

StevieC
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion mate but think you will be in a very small minority.

I'm not so sure.

I know lots of people that support other football teams and I don't hate any of them .. at least not for what team they support.
:wink:

Got lots of jambo friends and wouldn't bad mouth them any more than they would me.

fat freddy
10-07-2012, 08:16 PM
we've more in common than some of us would like to admit...we live in a city that isn't too passionate about football due to 52% of the population being incomers..that leaves 48% of us that have had the opportunity to be brought up in a footballing tradition...of that 48% there are only around 20,000 - 25,000 that regulary attend football matches in the city...some watch hearts, some watch hibs...the bottom line is we all love our clubs and we all love football.

Littlest Hobo
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I detest that club and their supporters, does that make me bad?

Hibercelona
10-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I ****ing hate them with every fibre in my body.

So much so, that I should probably seek counciling for it.

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I ****in hate them with all my hatred, and yes, I am a petty *******.

I do hear "its only a game" a lot but in all honesty that saying just pisses me off even more. I hate everything they stand for and the arrogance that flows out of them makes me genuinely livid.

I don't have many Jambo friends and there is a reason for that.

**** them.

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM
The one thing that gets right on my tits is the obsession with what Hibs haven't achieved and all this big team/wee team crap.

King Paddy
10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
I am from an age when i remember being taken to Easter road one week and Tynecastle the next.
One of my best mates is a jambo and it was really hard for me to text him after the cup final, but like the 7-0 i did'nt rub his nose in it and neither did he when we lost 5-1. Don't get me wrong i love it when we beat them but the child in me is nostalgic and can go back to the past with fond memory's of some of their players like Bauld, Wallace, and Gordon Smith. I believe the Wallace Mercer proposed take over of our club changed most Hibs fans perception of our rivals and their is much more animosity today than yesteryear. For me it's the huns i detest and i hope they go down to the third division and remain their.

sadtom
10-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Hate the 'entity' that is hertz but have a number of good hertz mates. Them aside though, the rest can suck my skitters. :wink:
Though i despise der huns and everything associated with them.

I do find it amusing that many say the trouble, tribalism and hatred is a more recent phenomina. When you look back in history there has been soapy bubble since the off. From tales of Hibs fans trying to attack hertz captain Purdie. The mass battles (arguably riots) that occured in the grassmarket/cowgate which were sectarian in nature but could arguably be related to the 2 clubs.
The rise of Protestant Action in the 30's which again would have had social context but would have seen both sets of fans in opposition.
I think the truth is that it became more convivial after the horrors of the 2nd world war as many would have stood side by side. However, i always remember my mum saying that even in the 50's, bigotry was still prevelant for many. She would go with her jambo pal to one anothers home games (as many did back then) and recounts that there were a number of hertz fans back then who did not like the 1 member of the 'terrible' trio (Wardhaugh?) who was a catholic, refusing even to cheer his goals.
I think there has always been an element of hatred and violence between the two clubs and sets fans, much of it sectarian in nature. I would guess that the 'hatred' has 'peaked' and 'troughed' in numbers and ferocity at different points over decades. It's always been there but only at certain times has it been obvious, or regarded as a 'problem'.

NGH
10-07-2012, 11:49 PM
They are extremely irritating. Dunderheided doughballs, to be sure. Mystifyingly successful in derby matches (recently) it must be admitted. Lucky to the point of self-harming frustration at times. Eye-gougingly ugly to watch at times. Cursed with professional football's most emetic team colour. That 'twirly' thing. But hate? No, I'm too grown up for that.

Rangers and Celtic though..........

Iggy Pope
11-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Hate the 'entity' that is hertz but have a number of good hertz mates. Them aside though, the rest can suck my skitters. :wink:
Though i despise der huns and everything associated with them.

I do find it amusing that many say the trouble, tribalism and hatred is a more recent phenomina. When you look back in history there has been soapy bubble since the off. From tales of Hibs fans trying to attack hertz captain Purdie. The mass battles (arguably riots) that occured in the grassmarket/cowgate which were sectarian in nature but could arguably be related to the 2 clubs.
The rise of Protestant Action in the 30's which again would have had social context but would have seen both sets of fans in opposition.
I think the truth is that it became more convivial after the horrors of the 2nd world war as many would have stood side by side. However, i always remember my mum saying that even in the 50's, bigotry was still prevelant for many. She would go with her jambo pal to one anothers home games (as many did back then) and recounts that there were a number of hertz fans back then who did not like the 1 member of the 'terrible' trio (Wardhaugh?) who was a catholic, refusing even to cheer his goals.
I think there has always been an element of hatred and violence between the two clubs and sets fans, much of it sectarian in nature. I would guess that the 'hatred' has 'peaked' and 'troughed' in numbers and ferocity at different points over decades. It's always been there but only at certain times has it been obvious, or regarded as a 'problem'.

An excellent post and familiar with my thoughts. Lest we forget. Interestingly, Johnny Cormack, the notorious Fenian - baiting Protestant Action frontman, was a Leither. The good folk of the Canongate, St Mary's Street and the Coogate gave him a chasing though. Oswald Mosley had Hertz written all over him too....

edinburghhibee
11-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I hate them for 90 minutes... or 94 minutes if their getting beat 4-2 off us :grr:

But I don't hate the fans or club afterwards, afterwards I always go into the local bowling club with my uncle and cousin. Its usually full of jams, unless we win then its fairly quiet. But all in all most are a decent enough bunch.

Celtic and Rangers on the other hand...:casper:

Littlest Hobo
11-07-2012, 03:25 AM
Two players "Skacel + Hartley" = no class.

Those two more than any others over the last 50 years have gone out of their way to wind us up.

Even players of the past like wee Robbo or Gary McKay had more class and respect for the fans.

Hartley always loved to wind is up, banter is one thing but with him I always felt there was more to it. He really didn't like us and he played the part well.

Skacel running towards the Hibs support ( not for the first tine either ) after he scored in the final was utterly classless on his part in my opinion. He's a quality player who is held in high regard, so why he felt he had do this is anyone's guess, Good player but a ****in cock of a man who l wouldn't get sick of punching if he ever crossed my path.

Just two reasons why I detest that lot.

Hibernia&Alba
11-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Hate is a very strong word. We use it to describe things we don't really hate in the true sense but dislike to some degree or another. I wouldn't say I hate them, but I strongly dislike themas a club because that's rivalry. Most of us will know Jambos who are perfectly pleasant, and it would be pathetic to hate a good person for their football team.

Hate, no. Disdain for the club, yes. I wish Hearts nothing but failure and misery :aok:

joe breezy
11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
My grandad supported Hearts - I never met him but my mum says he was the best dad in the world so for him I'll never totally hate Hearts.

But I do hate them at Easter Road for 90 minutes and I can think of a lot of individuals that support them that are very loathsome.

JohnStephens91
12-07-2012, 12:13 AM
I have Hearts supporting friends, they are nice guys, I grew up in a predominantly Hearts area and at my high school I can only name 4 Hibs fans in my year and that is out of around 200 pupils, so obviously I have many friends that are yams. Hell, even one of my friends at school played for Hearts, well he was contracted to them and now plays for Partick.

But don't get me wrong, I absolutely detest the club with every single fibre in my body. I ****ing hate the ***** that aren't even good players, ****ing pieces of ***** like Suso, what a ****ing ****hole. Honestly, I can see why some people may see it as 'just a rivalry' but for me growing up and always being outnumbered was tough. I remember when Dnipro beat us 5-1, I got slagged in PE the next day because I still wore my Hibs top and fisticuffs ensued. Hearing 'since 1902' is horrible, it doesn't get chanted at you when you are at work, but it happens at school. I ****ing hate Hearts, and for the duration of a match my friends become the biggest *****.

Admittedly they have laid off me after the final, but only because I stayed until we got our medals. Staying until then that day really added another level to the ****ing hatred I feel towards that shower of *****. They revel in our misery and their season is defined by not losing against us, without it they are nothing and I ****ing hate that they get so much satisfaction from it. They are a bunch of ****ers and I could smack any one of their players in the face and not feel guilty.

Skacel, Hartley, Fulton, Stamp, McGowan, Cameron, Kirk, Brellier... I could go on and on about what dicks and ***** and ********s from that *****bag club I hate are. For me I do hate and resent them, they are putrid and our rivals and taking my post, which is only the tip of the iceberg, into consideration I know why and so should Hibs fans for those reasons alone.

If we do not change ourselves for August 11th or 12th (depending on TV) and start to hate them with everything we have got then I fear we will be well beaten again. We need to change our mindset and fast.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-07-2012, 05:27 PM
I think the we gave as good as we got with Hartley. In fact, I'd say we gave out alot worse. Anyone remember the guy spitting in Harley's mullet at the Dean Shiels game at PBS? I always thought Hartley took the abuse in good nature and you could argue he has showed alot more class than some Hibs fans.

Same could be said of Skacel although I agree he comes across like a bit of an arse.

I have much more of a problem with Thompson/Rix, Suso (cheat), Black (fanny) and Mikolounus (cheat).

The supporters are generally as good/bad as any others, they only seem worse because they're our rivals and have just pumped as in a cup final.

Someone on here summed it up well a while back when they said, I feel obliged to dislike hearts but Celtic and rangers have had to earn it, or words to that affect.

Squealing pig
13-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Oi, you've nicked my username! :grr:

lol

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Well i'll just be in the minority then, Cause i hate the ***** with a passion and always will believe me.

Hate is a strong word? Aye well ill just hate the ***** for as long as i live. ****in morons the lot of them.

The Tubs
13-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Gary McKay had more class.

If a shell-suited wife-beating hun glory-hunting bigot fae Broomhouse would surely have had more class than Mackay. The on the sole of my shoe is remarkably more respectable than that .

Aldo
13-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Well i'll just be in the minority then, Cause i hate the ***** with a passion and always will believe me.

Hate is a strong word? Aye well ill just hate the ***** for as long as i live. ****in morons the lot of them.

Spot on Andy. Tell you wot tho... You think the OF are bigotted.. The enclosure at the PBS is full of the most bigotted people I have every met and when they play Smellic it's a million times worse than when they play us. No interest in the football just slanderous bigotted songs followed by a few Zieg Heils or 20

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Spot on Andy. Tell you wot tho... You think the OF are bigotted.. The enclosure at the PBS is full of the most bigotted people I have every met and when they play Smellic it's a million times worse than when they play us. No interest in the football just slanderous bigotted songs followed by a few Zieg Heils or 20

:agree:

That wee main stand you refer to would be better suited to a chimpanzee's tea part at Edinburgh Zoo...They have nae intention of watching the game, Just a bigoted Union jack infested cess pitt that is fascinated with the Hibs End and couldn't tell you what is going on in the game as they are mare interested in showing their 7 year old sons how to behave.

That alone is hatred IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 08:41 PM

Can I be in your crew then....I HATE them......

Aldo
13-07-2012, 08:44 PM

That wee main stand you refer to would be better suited to a chimpanzee's tea part at Edinburgh Zoo...They have nae intention of watching the game, Just a bigoted Union jack infested cess pitt that is fascinated with the Hibs End and couldn't tell you what is going on in the game as they are mare interested in showing their 7 year old sons how to behave.

Having work there in numerous occasions that is and always is the centre of attention on match days against OF, us and the sheep. Sess pit of totally word wrong with the game.

Correct bout no intention of watching game. Sure there were a few clips on you tube not so long ago bout the antics of that lot

FranckSuzy
13-07-2012, 08:46 PM

:tsk tsk: Very unfair on apes :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I detest Hearts as a club, I hate their "stadium", I hate their colours and I hate their songs.

But I don't hate individual Hearts fans. I know several of them who are good people so I certainly wouldn't hate them just because they support a different football team from me.

DMR1875
13-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I detest Hearts as a club, I hate their "stadium", I hate their colours and I hate their songs.

But I don't hate individual Hearts fans. I know several of them who are good people so I certainly wouldn't hate them just because they support a different football team from me.

Get Tae Yer Bed!!

.Sean.
14-07-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm absolutely ****ed and let me tell you, I despise those ****ers. Probably hate them even more when I'm sober.

Though I HATE the Old Firm and their glory-hunting East coast shower-ay'bawbags following that wee bit more.