PDA

View Full Version : My oath

theonlywayisup
09-07-2012, 10:27 PM
With the new season due to start in less that four weeks:

I, theonlywayisup, swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-working Hibs players that I support, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
I will apply, for the good of the team, all means of support that are required, avoiding those twin traps of negativity and depression.
I will not be ashamed to say "I am a Hibee", nor will I fail to call in my fellow supporters when the they are needed for my team's recovery.
I will respect the views of other Hibs.net members, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of Hibernian Football Club.
I will remember that I do support a football team, whose poor form may affect my family and economic stability.
I will prevent depression in others, whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
I will remember that I remain a member of the Hibs.net society with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm, for who I feel sorrow for.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and football, be respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of supporting a football club called Hibernian Football Club.

Anyone prepared to sign up to this oath too? We are all lucky to be brought up supporting the Hibs. Our team needs us like never before. Our players may take a few games to get up to speed, especially our new players. Let's get behind them and show how lucky there are to play for Hibernian Football Club.

lyonhibs
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Probably happy to do all of the above, sans the need to sign up to any oaths.

That sort of thing usually ends up in the group ingestion of battery acid in search of a "more enlightened realm" or similar.