PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper Situation.

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Do we have one yet, or will we see one of the younger goalies in goal for us on Wednesday night, and still only one main striker as well, will it be a case of letting the younger lads getting a run out.

Need a goalkeeper soon. Like today would be good.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Do we have one yet, or will we see one of the younger goalies in goal for us on Wednesday night, and still only one main striker as well, will it be a case of letting the younger lads getting a run out.

:agree: The offer we've made to Broon won't have him in a hurry to sign up. We MUST get a move on with signings IMHO.

brydekirk
09-07-2012, 01:26 PM

So whats his name ?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Tomas Cerny, ex Hamilton, still a free agent.

Decent keeper who would be in our price range I'd assume. Surely someone on the coaching or scouting staff at Hibs are aware of him.

Andy74
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
:agree: The offer we've made to Broon won't have him in a hurry to sign up. We MUST get a move on with signings IMHO.

I'm sure they will do something now you've mentioned it. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
09-07-2012, 01:44 PM
We are in talks with Ben Williams.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
We are in talks with Ben Williams.

Was he the guy at Crewe?

Chuck Rhoades
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Was he the guy at Crewe?

Yes and Colchester.

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
So whats his name ?

Don't know that's why i am asking, doubt Brown will stay on if he is being offered a wage cut, so we go in to Wednesdays game with the young lad Antell, i hope his confidence isn't shattered in our first friendly game.

Wee should have had a goalkeeper signed by now. :aok:

Andy74
09-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't know that's why i am asking, doubt Brown will stay on if he is being offered a wage cut, so we go in to Wednesdays game with the young lad Antell, i hope his confidence isn't shattered in our first friendly game.

Which one in particular?

Aldo
09-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Tomas Cerny, ex Hamilton, still a free agent.

Decent keeper who would be in our price range I'd assume. Surely someone on the coaching or scouting staff at Hibs are aware of him.

Did he no sign for CSKA from somewhere last week??

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Did he no sign for CSKA from somewhere last week??

Just saw that, signed for CSKA Sofia.

Wonder If we where interested. We should have been imo.

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Which one in particular?

A good one.

Aldo
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
The Ben Williams rumour is doing the rounds on the bounce at the Mo??

aazza91
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm happy enough at the moment, have full faith in the manager to get a good goalie in before the start of the SPL. I don't care if we play a few pre season games with Antel or Grant in goals if it means we have more time to find a better keeper. No point rushing in signing a goalie for a pre season game.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm happy enough at the moment, have full faith in the manager to get a good goalie in before the start of the SPL. I don't care if we play a few pre season games with Antel or Grant in goals if it means we have more time to find a better keeper. No point rushing in signing a goalie for a pre season game.

Disagree.

We absolutely must get off to a good start next year and that means having a settled side going into the opening weeks of the season and that means letting the players gel in the pre season. That's what a pre season is for.

The importance of a good goalkeeper can't be underestimated. Obviously we shouldn't rush and sign someone just for the sake of it but equally getting a first choice keeper in must be a priority.

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM

Prettyboy has said it for me, our two goalies contracts ran out this season, our scouting network of scouts should have been looking for a goalie a while back as there was the possibility that we may lose our 2 keepers at the end of the season, it should have been top of the list, NEED A GOALKEEPER, we have lost one and the other looks like he may be on his way too if he can't agree new terms with the club.

cocopops1875
09-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Stack still kicking about edinburgh (devil smiley)

IWasThere2016
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm sure they will do something now you've mentioned it. :greengrin

Nah .. let's wait. After all recent seasons have been such a success :rolleyes:

“If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got” :wink:

Andy74
09-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Nah .. let's wait. After all recent seasons have been such a success :rolleyes:

“If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got” :wink:

Graeme Smith was signed on 1st January remember.

Andy74
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Prettyboy has said it for me, our two goalies contracts ran out this season, our scouting network of scouts should have been looking for a goalie a while back as there was the possibility that we may lose our 2 keepers at the end of the season, it should have been top of the list, NEED A GOALKEEPER, we have lost one and the other looks like he may be on his way too if he can't agree new terms with the club.

I don't think anyone would disagree but it's about getting the right one, I don't think there's much point telling everyone what should or should not have been done by now when we all know, surely, it's not quite as simple as that.

If we have learned anyhting it's that too many signings at Hibs in recent years seem to have been done for the sake of it or were not the right type of characters to fit what we need at the club overall. I'd rather the defining things were how good they are and the type of character they are than on what date they arrive here.

As noted above if getting them in early was the mark of a successful goalkeeper signing then Grame Smith would have been one of the best.

Billychaotic182
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Did I not read something on here about us going fr Ben Amos on loan

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Did I not read something on here about us going fr Ben Amos on loan

No chance.

Steve Bruce desperate to take him to Hull.

Interestingly Hull have just released Adriano Basso, ex Bristol City keeper, who used to be pretty decent but at 38 not sure how good he still is.

AlbertK86
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM

What scouting network !!

The guy who is in charge but doesn't seemingly scout !!

Andy74
09-07-2012, 04:52 PM
What scouting network !!

The guy who is in charge but doesn't seemingly scout !!

Ah, the latest great Hibs.net myth that has been explained a hundred times and still exists!

Sean1875
09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
No chance.

Steve Bruce desperate to take him to Hull.

Interestingly Hull have just released Adriano Basso, ex Bristol City keeper, who used to be pretty decent but at 38 not sure how good he still is.
That not the ex-yam who was like 6'8 or something?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
That not the ex-yam who was like 6'8 or something?

Na the yam guy was Anthony Basso.

Not a bad keeper if i remember rightly but caught a bad dose of Vlad flu and ended up in the French 4th division or something.

hibsbollah
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Maka please. Chelsea wouldnt have wanted him if he didnt have talent :agree:

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Maka please. Chelsea wouldnt have wanted him if he didnt have talent :agree:

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Graeme Smith was signed on 1st January remember.

Did the manager actually watch him though or was it another Ed De Donkey?

IWasThere2016
09-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think anyone would disagree but it's about getting the right one, I don't think there's much point telling everyone what should or should not have been done by now when we all know, surely, it's not quite as simple as that.

If we have learned anyhting it's that too many signings at Hibs in recent years seem to have been done for the sake of it or were not the right type of characters to fit what we need at the club overall. I'd rather the defining things were how good they are and the type of character they are than on what date they arrive here.

As noted above if getting them in early was the mark of a successful goalkeeper signing then Grame Smith would have been one of the best.

Did we need Smith? Did we have others - or just kids (as we have today)?

Andy74
10-07-2012, 02:12 PM

Happy now?

silverhibee
10-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Happy now?

Glad Pat is reading my posts. :aok:

Now a Striker or two Pat. :cb

Are you happy now.

Andy74
11-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Glad Pat is reading my posts. :aok:

Now a Striker or two Pat. :cb

Are you happy now.

Not really, a couple of wingers and at least one striker and I'd be getting there!

--------
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Not really, a couple of wingers and at least one striker and I'd be getting there!

Narrow the pitch, and spend the money on a couple of big strikers and a midfield UGG or two ...