PDA

View Full Version : Fenlons Fighting Fund

spike220
09-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Okay we know that Hibs needs money to recruit more players of decent quality. Has there been any thought to establishing a war chest as such. This is a huge chance we have to really challenge in the league and cups. I know we need to do a bit of building, so why dont we start with quality players. I know it would feel great if we did this and pulled in some good signings. It would have to be a designated bank account we know is going to be used for transfers and bringing in one or two big signings and give us all a wee lift. Does anything like this exsist already?

We could all chuck in twenty quid and if your flush then perhaps a few hundred or a couple of grand.

Please don’t participate in this thread if you are poor. We know you have no money and really don’t want to hear you keep whining about it.:agree:

GGTTH

Iain G
09-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Okay we know that Hibs needs money to recruit more players of decent quality. Has there been any thought to establishing a war chest as such. This is a huge chance we have to really challenge in the league and cups. I know we need to do a bit of building, so why dont we start with quality players. I know it would feel great if we did this and pulled in some good signings. It would have to be a designated bank account we know is going to be used for transfers and bringing in one or two big signings and give us all a wee lift. Does anything like this exsist already?

We could all chuck in twenty quid and if your flush then perhaps a few hundred or a couple of grand.

Please don’t participate in this thread if you are poor. We know you have no money and really don’t want to hear you keep whining about it.:agree:

GGTTH

It does exist, it's called buying a season ticket, as that's where the money for Fenlon's tramsfer / wage budget comes from :agree:

hibsbollah
09-07-2012, 05:22 AM
The next euromillions is a quintuple rollover, 48 million i believe. Buy a ticket, win, persuade family members that Hibs come first and they are getting **** all, problem solved :aok:

joe breezy
09-07-2012, 05:53 AM
It does exist, it's called buying a season ticket, as that's where the money for Fenlon's tramsfer / wage budget comes from :agree:

There might be a lot of people who can't afford £400 or who live outside of Scotland so can't make it to games.

An emotive fundraiser like this could work - it's the kind of thing I was looking for when it looked like Hibs had done the right thing and the kind of thing I'll still be looking for once hun issue resolved.

persevere1875
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Cant or would .Net oversee something like this ? similair to the dons fans fund but with all monies raised going exclusively to Fenlon's budget with some recognition of the fact that anything raised has come direct from fans as an additional fund raiser over and above any season ticket sales.

Does anyone know if the monies/budget fenlon receives also includes the monies required for anything to do with anything else the playing staff require, as a simple example if Fenlon needs fifty footballs does this come direct from his budget or is there one budget for players fees and wages and another budget which isn available for the normal day to day team requirements

R'Albin
09-07-2012, 08:19 AM
The issue is I doubt that we will be able to raise a great deal of money. Even if you managed to get 200fans to chuck in 20quid we'd still only have 4grand which is probably about 2 weeks wages for some of our players.

Decent idea though and I'd happily contribute.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Without wishing to dismiss the idea I'm sceptical about how much could actually be raised.

Surely the similarly priced membership scheme last year was an ideal opportunity for non ST holders to put a few quid in the pot yet the uptake was relatively poor despite a few decent added incentives.

Steve-O
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
They'll get 40 quid off of me for a home top if Rangers go to SFL3. Nowt if they go to Division 1. Simple.

Andy74
09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Without wishing to dismiss the idea I'm sceptical about how much could actually be raised.

Surely the similarly priced membership scheme last year was an ideal opportunity for non ST holders to put a few quid in the pot yet the uptake was relatively poor despite a few decent added incentives.

Nice though overall but not a go-er. We are hard pushed to get people through the doors for games.

There is no way we'd raise more than a few grand which is just a few weeks wages for someone.

What we do need to work on is a sustainable increase in interests in Hibs through encouraging people back and in doing what we can to buy tickets and merchandise.

lucky
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Even if this was massively successful, which it would not be, to have money in a separate account would leave the club wide open when trying to sign players. RP offers McPake £2k a week, his agent says you've got £1m in your war chest I want more and I know you can afforded it. The money would disappear rapidly.

The best way for fans to support the club financially is buying merchandise and paying to attend games.

spike220
09-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Even if this was massively successful, which it would not be, to have money in a separate account would leave the club wide open when trying to sign players. RP offers McPake £2k a week, his agent says you've got £1m in your war chest I want more and I know you can afforded it. The money would disappear rapidly.

The best way for fans to support the club financially is buying merchandise and paying to attend games.

So what your saying is: Plead poverty and tell the players we can t afford to pay them properly... Vlad is that you??? I knew you could help yourself. How are those monkeys of yours?

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 10:12 AM

GGTTH

We have an owner who is flush with money, i have already spent £800 on Hibs for the season ahead and they aint getting any more money from me, let STF stick a couple of million in to the player budget rather than asking the fans to start paying for players.

#FromTheCapital
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Its a good idea, but as a few people have said we probably wouldn't raise any more than a few grand which is nothing in football terms. Might be an idea if we put a collection together for season 2013/14 tho? Paying whatever you can afford over the course of a year. Just a thought

Franck Stanton
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
The next euromillions is a quintuple rollover, 48 million i believe. Buy a ticket, win, persuade family members that Hibs come first and they are getting **** all, problem solved :aok:

my mate who is a jambo just won the National Lottery and gave it to Hearts to buy a player. Says he will again when he wins another tenner, :greengrin

Offside Trap
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Its a good idea, but as a few people have said we probably wouldn't raise any more than a few grand which is nothing in football terms. Might be an idea if we put a collection together for season 2013/14 tho? Paying whatever you can afford over the course of a year. Just a thought

Or, building on that point for 2013/14, and recognising that many fans want to see a better product on the park before committing any further cash, how about a fans' reward based scheme operating throughout 2012/13 season but doesn't release until the end of the season? So some form of mechanism is set-up that says for each Hibs win we contribute £x....or for a draw against a top 6 side we contribute £y....or variants thereof. In order not to reward failure a "hurdle" is set before any payment would be triggered from the Trust...e.g. a minimum total points attained in the season. The end pot could be split 50/50....50% goes to the players that delivered in 2012/2013 season and 50% goes to Pat's Fighting Fund for 2013/14 season. Setting aside the obvious affordability point, it would seem very much like a win/win scenario?

lucky
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
So what your saying is: Plead poverty and tell the players we can t afford to pay them properly... Vlad is that you??? I knew you could help yourself. How are those monkeys of yours?

Look, did not want totally dismiss your daft idea out of hand. But to come back with piss like that is very poor. There is no way on hell any Hibs supporters are going to put even more into the club at the moment. FFS we have lots saying they are boycotting for various different reasons. So your idea is as bad as your attempt at humour. Jog on little boy.

#FromTheCapital
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Or, building on that point for 2013/14, and recognising that many fans want to see a better product on the park before committing any further cash, how about a fans' reward based scheme operating throughout 2012/13 season but doesn't release until the end of the season? So some form of mechanism is set-up that says for each Hibs win we contribute £x....or for a draw against a top 6 side we contribute £y....or variants thereof. In order not to reward failure a "hurdle" is set before any payment would be triggered from the Trust...e.g. a minimum total points attained in the season. The end pot could be split 50/50....50% goes to the players that delivered in 2012/2013 season and 50% goes to Pat's Fighting Fund for 2013/14 season. Setting aside the obvious affordability point, it would seem very much like a win/win scenario?

Another good idea, not rewarding failure, would rather see 100% go to fenlon or whoever is in charge next year tho.
Not sure if supporters of any other club have done something like this before, but I would say it would definitely take a year or so to raise a half decent amount.

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
If the Hibs board read this forum ... as I'm lead to believe they do ... Pat Fenlons 'fighting fund' will currently stand at the sum total of zero.

Like me they must be extremely alarmed at the large number of supporters who seem determined to quit Scottish football if the Zombie Huns end up anywhere apart from division 3 ... even that wont be enough for some it would appear.

So in order to avoid the prospect of being royally ****ed in the backlash Hibs are probably not only afraid to spend any more money at this time, they are probably actively thinking about who they can afford to lay off and still run the club.

From the look of things the pathetic wee bunch of die extremely hards who will be huddled in the one stand that Hibs will need to open next season will not be enough to justify the spending of any more money, which may in the ( it would appear ) not too distant future be required just to keep the club afloat.

I am not joking.

Hibernia&Alba
09-07-2012, 06:24 PM

GGTTH

For a minute there I thought Margaret Thatcher had joined the forum :tee hee:

Many fans already make sacrifices by supporting the club in terms of tickets and merchandise. But if there's a billionaire out there who wants to do their bit, great. It would need big money to be viable.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I've already contributed through two ST's and various other merchandise!