PDA

View Full Version : The joke of a club store

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Just went along to the club store from Armadale (a near 50 mile round trip) to buy my home and away shirt using my 2 for 1 voucher only to discover the away shirt in size XL is sold out. There is plenty in stock of the home shirt but none available for the away shirt. 4 weeks before the new season and already Hibs are potentially losing out on much needed revenue really isn't the best plan of action right now.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I am a tad worried now despite the deadline being extended until July 20th as I can't afford any time off work and another 50 mile trip will cost!

matty_f
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Just went along to the club store from Armadale (a near 50 mile round trip) to buy my home and away shirt using my 2 for 1 voucher only to discover the away shirt in size XL is sold out. There is plenty in stock of the home shirt but none available for the away shirt. 4 weeks before the new season and already Hibs are potentially losing out on much needed revenue really isn't the best plan of action right now.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I am a tad worried now despite the deadline being extended until July 20th as I can't afford any time off work and another 50 mile trip will cost!

Should have just bought a large and gone on a diet. :agree:

3pm
07-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Or went a size up and lived like a king?!

Hibercelona
07-07-2012, 12:37 PM
If you were going to be travelling 50 miles, then you should have got in touch with the club first to make sure that they had any left in stock and they would have reserved one for you if they had any left.

The tops have been selling like hotcakes.

Hibercelona

:agree: :greengrin

sbell1875

I'd hardly say I was a big chap but thanks to Puma's erratic sizes since my error of 2 seasons ago I've had to size up to an XL! Strangely though my Newcastle shirt also made by Puma I get away with a size L.

Waxy
The material is pretty stretchy to be fair.

Cabbage East
07-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Sounds like this boys been eating too many hot cakes.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 12:39 PM
If you were going to be travelling 50 miles, then you should have got in touch with the club first to make sure that they had any left in stock and they would have reserved one for you if they had any left.

With better judgement this would have been done!

Have to say though, both shirts look much better in the flesh. A big hats off the club and Puma for 2 very classy and distinctive kits.

Twiglet
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I was in about 20 minutes ago and there was only small and medium out in the mens away. One of the staff asked what size we were lookig for and went out back to look. He came back with an armfull of large and an unopened box. Reckon they've had an unexpected delivery that they've not had a chance to put out yet.

Hibercelona
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
With better judgement this would have been done!

Have to say though, both shirts look much better in the flesh. A big hats off the club and Puma for 2 very classy and distinctive kits.

:agree:

Best ones i've seen in a long time.

3pm
07-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I'd hardly say I was a big chap but thanks to Puma's erratic sizes since my error of 2 seasons ago I've had to size up to an XL! Strangely though my Newcastle shirt also made by Puma I get away with a size L.

Yep 'Puma's erratic sizes'. Found the same with my trousers and shirts for work. Funnily after a diet of beer, pizza and crisps.

Lungo--Drom
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I totally sympathise. I went all the way there from work a few weeks back, humphing ma kit bag from Waverley and the store opening times had all changed. So got all hot and bothered for nothing. A few days later on my day off work I did the 160 mile round trip (starting to sound like the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch) and got my away top. I'm typing this at Paisley some weeks after that, hoping they still have XL home tops in stock otherwise it'll be 160 miles for nothing. To be fair it must be a harder than usual job keeping the right level of stock in the store this summer with no-one knowing what's happening in the bigger picture and people threatening to walk out on Scottish football etc. I reckon Rodders has the shop tills connected to his home PC spreadshseet so he can keep an eye on how stuff is selling :)

danhibees1875
07-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I went down last weekend and there was plenty sizes of both tops avaiable. Despite it being quite busy they were very efficient(and seemed mostly australian :confused: ) too.

:thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM

Yeah same happened to me on Tuesday. As usual they had no idea when the stock would arrive. I just bought an XXL and will keep phoning to see when the XLs arrive and get it swapped.

dazza
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
HI

sbell 1875 sent you a PM mate.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I was in about 20 minutes ago and there was only small and medium out in the mens away. One of the staff asked what size we were lookig for and went out back to look. He came back with an armfull of large and an unopened box. Reckon they've had an unexpected delivery that they've not had a chance to put out yet.

I may have walked past you then! I spoke to the boy that does the shirt printing and he said they've been selling really well and that another shipment has been ordered but they don't know the delivery date yet.

A wee check on the online shop and it says no XL available in the away so at least that appears to be updated regularly. I'm going to keep my eye on that and as soon as I see it is available try and take a sneaky half day from work and head back through!

dazza
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM

YOu ever tried calling the club shop?? They never answer the phones, the shop an the ticket ofice IMO lack miles behind everything else about the club and are a total joke!!!!!

The Green Goblin
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Can u order them online?

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=Gez1875;3287467]QUOTE]

Your words are offensive :(

Hibiza
07-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Thats a bit rough , get one of Colin Steins. We gave the lovely people ( Armadale thistle) a set of strips as part of a transfer deal. They Sent them back because they were green. Dont think Joe Bakers deal was like that.

Lungo--Drom
07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
On ma way home complete wi XL home top. I needed an XL away one so decided just to get the same size for the home. There seemed to be a big push on to make folk get their shirts personalised but with only a handful of signings I couldn't think of what to get put on it, plus DUNGCASTERISACORRUPTW**K wouldn't fit across in one line :faf: One thing I would say is the home top is a fair bit darker than I thought, despite seeing it on the club website. It will go well with my new Sect 43 scarf ;)

Hibiza
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
C'mon. give spbell1875 a break. Prob just a bit angry.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Thats a bit rough , get one of Colin Steins. We gave the lovely people ( Armadale thistle) a set of strips as part of a transfer deal. They Sent them back because they were green. Dont think Joe Bakers deal was like that.

Green is very rarely seen in these parts! It was a pleasure wearing my Hibs shirt to school when I was younger as everyone was an old firm supporter!

Last Armadale match I was at was at home to Broxburn juniors and we lost 1-0 and were woeful.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 03:52 PM
On ma way home complete wi XL home top. I needed an XL away one so decided just to get the same size for the home. There seemed to be a big push on to make folk get their shirts personalised but with only a handful of signings I couldn't think of what to get put on it, plus DUNGCASTERISACORRUPTW**K wouldn't fit across in one line :faf: One thing I would say is the home top is a fair bit darker than I thought, despite seeing it on the club website. It will go well with my new Sect 43 scarf ;)

Forgive my ignorance here but did you get both home and away in XL?

Hibiza
07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Stop behaving like jamboloids and servco.

kaimendhibs
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Aye, me! Ended up getting away top in xxl which drowned me. Will hopefully be able to swap it

Iggy Pope
07-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Reluctantly looked at this thread with it's god-awful title and another opportunity at battering **** out of the shop / staff / Puma kits / Australians. Am I alone though, in being surprised that there is a card-carrying Hibby in Armadale? Good luck hitting the streets when you get your shirt sorted. Then again, maybe the locals will now see Armadale Thistle as a bit closer in the pyramid and forget all about us.....

Iggy Pope
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Green is very rarely seen in these parts! It was a pleasure wearing my Hibs shirt to school when I was younger as everyone was an old firm supporter!

Last Armadale match I was at was at home to Broxburn juniors and we lost 1-0 and were woeful.

All non-green Old Firm 'supporters' then?

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Reluctantly looked at this thread with it's god-awful title and another opportunity at battering **** out of the shop / staff / Puma kits / Australians. Am I alone though, in being surprised that there is a card-carrying Hibby in Armadale? Good luck hitting the streets when you get your shirt sorted. Then again, maybe the locals will now see Armadale Thistle as a bit closer in the pyramid and forget all about us.....

The title of the thread was written within 5 minutes of walking out the shop shirt-less and agitated! I happen to like the shop and have never had any issues with it in any way. My frustration is the fact I could have provided £50+ to my club at a time it would have been really welcomed but I wasn't able to at this time.

Armadale born and bred I am. Mother is from Bathgate and father from Whitburn. Dad, me and my sister are all Hibees and have had numerous season tickets. I'm hoping my next few generations are proud Hibs fans as well.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
All non-green Old Firm 'supporters' then?

At school it was probably closer to 50:50 but on leaving school and seeing the natives it's probably closer to 75:25 in favour of the currant buns. Armadale is crawling with knuckle dragging junkies of the highest rung of the social **** ladder!

Fortunately there isn't many yams!

Iggy Pope
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
The title of the thread was written within 5 minutes of walking out the shop shirt-less and agitated! I happen to like the shop and have never had any issues with it in any way. My frustration is the fact I could have provided £50+ to my club at a time it would have been really welcomed but I wasn't able to at this time.

Armadale born and bred I am. Mother is from Bathgate and father from Whitburn. Dad, me and my sister are all Hibees and have had numerous season tickets. I'm hoping my next few generations are proud Hibs fans as well.

Good for you SB. It can't have been easy and you'll need to be taking your frustrations out somewhere

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Good for you SB. It can't have been easy and you'll need to be taking your frustrations out somewhere

Can't help suspecting the odd ounce of sarcasm here!

Hibiza
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM

correct . prob best alone. Had the misfortune however to be presnt in " The Dale " ... ( long story ) . de rigeur , cheap suit , over a serco top ,white socks, black shoes . a Haggis supper . thats just on the way out. Home of the Scottish " Sons of Wallace " club. numerous penny whistler blowers and general wasters.

Jones28
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I totally sympathise. I went all the way there from work a few weeks back, humphing ma kit bag from Waverley and the store opening times had all changed. So got all hot and bothered for nothing. A few days later on my day off work I did the 160 mile round trip (starting to sound like the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch) and got my away top. I'm typing this at Paisley some weeks after that, hoping they still have XL home tops in stock otherwise it'll be 160 miles for nothing. To be fair it must be a harder than usual job keeping the right level of stock in the store this summer with no-one knowing what's happening in the bigger picture and people threatening to walk out on Scottish football etc. I reckon Rodders has the shop tills connected to his home PC spreadshseet so he can keep an eye on how stuff is selling :)

None of you's got phones like? :confused:

mcvie7
07-07-2012, 04:20 PM
YOu ever tried calling the club shop?? They never answer the phones, the shop an the ticket ofice IMO lack miles behind everything else about the club and are a total joke!!!!!

This is exactly true , I called a few times yesterday and about ten times this morning with no answer at all. I was looking to see if the shop was selling tickets today in the shop for Wednesday , I stay in Dunfermline so I took the chance and went to the shop this morning got my tickets with no problems but I totally agree this is a shocking service.

mcvie7
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
None of you's got phones like? :confused:

You ever tried calling the shop?

Iggy Pope
07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Can't help suspecting the odd ounce of sarcasm here!

Not a bit. I've been unfortunate enough to have been in these parts of Middle Earth / Central Scotland professionally - you have my sympathy and admiration in equal measure and without sarcasm. You've done well just to have the one heid, far less have the undoubted gumption to be a Hibby!

The Green Goblin
07-07-2012, 04:40 PM

1. I am not the OP, so addressing your needlessly insulting comebacks to me was a total waste of your time

2. I did post in an effort to help the OP

It really doesn't take much for people to get a hard time on here, does it?

The Green Goblin
07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Not a bit. I've been unfortunate enough to have been in these parts of Middle Earth / Central Scotland professionally - you have my sympathy and admiration in equal measure and without sarcasm. You've done well just to have the one heid, far less have the undoubted gumption to be a Hibby!

That was going so well...right up to the start of the final sentence :-)

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM

I did get a few looks from folk at high school with only the one head and a mouthful of teeth!

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
1. I am not the OP, so addressing your needlessly insulting comebacks to me was a total waste of your time

2. Unlike you, I did post in an effort to help the OP and possibly help him a) get what he wanted and b) not have another wasted journey. Try that approach next time.

I've got your back too Goblin!

Halifaxhibby
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Sorry u guys have had bother but to be honest i've never had a problem with the shop, granted they run out of stuff all the time but you should be able to reserve a size for the next time they come in?, me and the laddie are pratted after shelling out on season tickets again and i was wondering seeing as we both have vouchers could i get a large and him an adult small off the same voucher? anybody help? just really can't afford it this year.:confused:

Jones28
07-07-2012, 05:05 PM
You ever tried calling the shop?

Nope. But if I was making a long journey under the assumption they had something I would've checked first.

cocopops1875
07-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Im not gonna start having a bash at the shop (though a week after launch we shouldnt be out of stock) one thing when talking about revenue and how the club could plug the gap in cash apparently left by the rangers, i notice there is no real high end items Signed Framed match worn shirts £200 quid probably a clean and cleer £100 profit in that and the will sell not in big numbers but the option has to be there. Also i was saying ( and mentioned on another thread earlier) with the appeal of the home shirt without a sponsor why not knock out 70 or 73 Greatest game in history anniversary shirts for the Christmas market Adult Sizes ,No sponsor, Long sleeves some embroidery round or under the badge with the date or something and sell them at a Premium £70 the beauty being that most folk will have the home shirt but i know plenty would want one of these so in effect selling 2 shirts to the same punter at a time of year when you are starting to bring down the prices of shirts. Just a thought :greengrin

AndyB_70
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM

Where did they say that the 2 for 1 offer had been extended.

Jonnyboy
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Where did they say that the 2 for 1 offer had been extended.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120629/club-unveil-new-home-kit_2262950_2826557

About 2/3 of the way down this article :aok:

The Harp Awakes
07-07-2012, 11:17 PM

Good on you and yer auld man SB. Can't be easy being a Hibby out there. My wife's family are in Seafield/Blackburn and the place is swarming with old huns/new huns:take that

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Was in on Friday and got an xl in both home and away. Also got my season ticket and a fair bit of other merchandise. 600 brick in Paddy's war chest. Thought the whole experience was enjoyable and the staff were very attentive. All this after a 35 mile journey with the same to do going home. No hardship at all IMHO.

Gez1875
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

2. I did post in an effort to help the OP

someday give this guy a fiver so he can go buy a sense of humour........ dont take things so personally!!!

Keith_M
08-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Now that it's been established that the only problem the OP has had with the club shop is that they didn't have a top in his size, could I please request that either the OP renames or deletes this thread.

Some possibilities for renaming the thread are

'Club shop didn't have top in my size'
'I need to go on a diet, cos I'm a fat barsteward'
'I should have phoned the shop first before making a 60 mile round trip for nuthin'

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

sbell1875
08-07-2012, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=keekaboo;3288174]Now that it's been established that the only problem the OP has had with the club shop is that they didn't have a top in his size, could I please request that either the OP renames or deletes this thread.

Some possibilities for renaming the thread are

'Club shop didn't have top in my size'
'I need to go on a diet, cos I'm a fat barsteward'
'I should have phoned the shop first before making a 60 mile round trip for nuthin'

Thanks.

I'm sure everyone is agreement with Puma that you don't need to be a "fat barsteward" to need an XL shirt!

sbell1875
08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Was in on Friday and got an xl in both home and away. Also got my season ticket and a fair bit of other merchandise. 600 brick in Paddy's war chest. Thought the whole experience was enjoyable and the staff were very attentive. All this after a 35 mile journey with the same to do going home. No hardship at all IMHO.

Can you recall if there were a lot of away XL shirts available? I know the store gives you a packaged one when you take it up to the till but do you remember if there were many?

Also, are season ticket cards available for collection? I ask because I have not heard anything from the club or seen anything announced.

Keith_M
08-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm sure everyone is agreement with Puma that you don't need to be a "fat barsteward" to need an XL shirt!

I thought it obvious my post was tongue in cheek. However, your post title is very misleading and unfair on the club shop.

sbell1875
08-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I thought it obvious my post was tongue in cheek. However, your post title is very misleading and unfair on the club shop.

If you read my subsequent replies you will see that I have not had any previous issues with the club shop and that it was titled purely in frustration. The expansion to it a few years ago was welcome but I just think they are missing a few beats with potential revenue.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Can you recall if there were a lot of away XL shirts available? I know the store gives you a packaged one when you take it up to the till but do you remember if there were many?

Also, are season ticket cards available for collection? I ask because I have not heard anything from the club or seen anything announced.
Not a clue, they had what I asked for. Cards in about two weeks I was told.

The Green Goblin
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=The Green Goblin;3287606]

someday give this guy a fiver so he can go buy a sense of humour........ dont take things so personally!!!

The admins deleted your message for being offensive. That's good enough for me.

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Scotmid is a ****ing joke. Nae ****ing tetley again. 8 minute round trip as well.

*******s.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
My laddie went down today and got both shirts size M no problem at all.

His biggest complaint was the guy hogging the fitting room for fifteen minutes trying on both shirts in short sleeve, then sending his wife to get both in long sleeve to try them on before then trying on a training top and various other garments. My laddies fault for waiting and not just trying his shirt on in the shop :greengrin

The voucher offer really is superb value for money and a great idea by Hibs. I gave my voucher away to someone on here though I was tempted to get a shirt and get Scouse Hibee on the back but thought folk on here might hunt me down at ER :wink:

sbell1875
09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Got a reply from the club today and it is bad news I'm afraid.

The club do not expect and will not be placing any further orders for size XL in this seasons away shirt. Whilst I appreciate there has been huge demand for the shirt to not have any plans to order more before the season has even started is a little bit embarrassing.

Not to worry, I will be getting my little sister the white one and I will just have to make do with the home shirt.

Absolutely gutted in all honesty but there is nothing I can do.

dp00
09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I was there today getting my ticket for Wednesday and it was pretty bust but sure there was both sizes available

sbell1875
10-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I was there today getting my ticket for Wednesday and it was pretty bust but sure there was both sizes available

I hunted high and low on Saturday when I was in but no joy. I also aske the boy on the shirt printing who said there was none but a new shipment was expected (which I found out via email from the club is not correct).

There were only 2 rails of away shirt in short sleeve and 2/3 in the long sleeve but only sizes S, M, 3XL etc.

cabbageandribs1875
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM

good on ya young man :aok: