PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian U20 v Alloa 7 July 12 - CANCELLED

Billy
07-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Due to the weather, the match is now off: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120707/u20s-match-cancelled_2262950_2834719

lucky
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
That's my plans snookered, but really not surprising due to Noah being from Scotland

SloopJB
07-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Due to the weather, the match is now off: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120707/u20s-match-cancelled_2262950_2834719

unfortunate, was this an opportunity for PF to look at players?

Might delay things if it was

Billy Whizz
07-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Summer football for you, was the same last year as well, as our game with Barnsley was called off in mid July.

JustSimplyHibs
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Summer football for you, was the same last year as well, as our game with Barnsley was called off in mid July.

That's why we should keep the same season time Aug-May with a break during Jan.

frazeHFC
07-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I never knew we had U20s, i thought the last age group was U19s. Suppose it's better though, gives them an extra year to develop in youth football.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I never knew we had U20s, i thought the last age group was U19s. Suppose it's better though, gives them an extra year to develop in youth football.

All the teams have moved to under 20's this season. I believe they are allowed to use a few over 20's in each game?

frazeHFC
07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
All the teams have moved to under 20's this season. I believe they are allowed to use a few over 20's in each game?

Does it now go U17 -> U19 -> U20?

Eyrie
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I think the u20s replaced the u19s.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 10:48 AM

We have been "blessed" with consecutive summers of huge amounts of water, my golf clubs have hardly been out of the locker....

Billy Whizz
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
We have been "blessed" with consecutive summers of huge amounts of water, my golf clubs have hardly been out of the locker....

Do you remember a few years ago we played a UEFA cup qualifier in July against a Lithuanian team I think, and the pitch was waterlogged. The game should never have been played!

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Do you remember a few years ago we played a UEFA cup qualifier in July against a Lithuanian team I think, and the pitch was waterlogged. The game should never have been played!

Yes FC Vetra I think, had to play as return match was the following week....Sure it was goalless here and lost over there......

.Sean.
07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes FC Vetra I think, had to play as return match was the following week....Sure it was goalless here and lost over there......
1-1 here and 2-1 over there. Went out, O'Connor and Sam Morrow scored.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM

You have a better memory than me Sean, and I was at both games....Must be old age, on my part?:greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-07-2012, 12:40 PM
You have a better memory than me Sean, and I was at both games....Must be old age, on my part?:greengrin

And I actually thought we won the game 6-0, or was that the previous Inter Toto round?

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 12:43 PM
And I actually thought we won the game 6-0, or was that the previous Inter Toto round?

That was Dinaburg from Latvia.....Then knocked out by Odense.......Different season to Vetra...

We lost to Vetra in our first round....

Jamesie
07-07-2012, 01:28 PM
The waterlogged game was definitely against Dinaberg - I know this as I was unable to make the Vetra game a couple of years earlier.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 01:58 PM
The waterlogged game was definitely against Dinaberg - I know this as I was unable to make the Vetra game a couple of years earlier.

My mind playing tricks on me.....I remember Dinaburg in Latvia was scorching hot....For some reason there was a fire engine behind one of the goals......:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 02:09 PM

Waterlogged game definitely Vetra at home 1-1 draw....Found a report which states game played in farcical conditions....Thought I was going daft for a horrible moment.....Thankfully my faith in my memory has been restored....

Billy Whizz
07-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Waterlogged game definitely Vetra at home 1-1 draw....Found a report which states game played in farcical conditions....Thought I was going daft for a horrible moment.....Thankfully my faith in my memory has been restored....

The area of the park between the Famous Five/West was completely waterlogged. If it had been a domestic game it would have been postponed.

Sir David Gray
07-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Waterlogged game definitely Vetra at home 1-1 draw....Found a report which states game played in farcical conditions....

It was both games.

I wasn't at the Vetra Vilnius game as I was away on holiday at the time, however I have read reports on the game which does refer to "torrential downpours" and I think I saw a picture from a newspaper article as well with a player skidding along the grass whilst making a tackle and there being loads of surface water coming up.

However, I was at the game against Dinaburg a couple of years later and the rain that day was horrendous. The ball was struggling to get passed along the ground any more than a few feet and I was just amazed that the game wasn't abandoned.

So you're both correct! :aok:

All in all, it does make a bit of a mockery of the summer football argument, considering that both matches were played in the middle of July and more recent examples of Barnsley last year, which was postponed, and the game at Raith Rovers a few years ago which saw some of the heaviest rain I can ever remember witnessing and was abandoned at half time, both being in July too.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
It was both games.

I wasn't at the Vetra Vilnius game as I was away on holiday at the time, however I have read reports on the game which does refer to "torrential downpours" and I think I saw a picture from a newspaper article as well with a player skidding along the grass whilst making a tackle and there being loads of surface water coming up.

However, I was at the game against Dinaburg a couple of years later and the rain that day was horrendous. The ball was struggling to get passed along the ground any more than a few feet and I was just amazed that the game wasn't abandoned.

So you're both correct! :aok:

All in all, it does make a bit of a mockery of the summer football argument, considering that both matches were played in the middle of July and more recent examples of Barnsley last year, which was postponed, and the game at Raith Rovers a few years ago which saw some of the heaviest rain I can ever remember witnessing and was abandoned at half time, both being in July too.

Remember the Raith game, the road at where Sean Dennis's pub (starks bar), was totally flooded....Driving home was a joy due to huge puddles everywhere....

I can't remember the Dinaburg home game being the same, but must be.....We won that 8-0 on aggregate, and Daugavpils remains one of my best trips ever....

Jones28
07-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Who did we beat 5-0 in Europe? The pitch was waterlogged as well.

CropleyWasGod
07-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Dinamo Zoff.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Dinaburg (Latvia)