PDA

View Full Version : Kids replica shirt

hibsbollah
06-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Ive been to the club shop today to get the new shirt for my wee boy. I have to say the colour looks even better in the flesh (as it were) and especially good without the sponsors name on the front of the kids shirt. The best home shirt i can remember, i hope we stay with the darker green :aok:

madabouthibs
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I went down a couple of weeks ago to get my lad the white one, but I was disappointed there was nothing on the front. I'm hoping he's big enough for a small adult one in green, rather than the rather plain (IMO) large kids one. :agree:

Scott Allan Key
06-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I went down a couple of weeks ago to get my lad the white one, but I was disappointed there was nothing on the front. I'm hoping he's big enough for a small adult one in green, rather than the rather plain (IMO) large kids one. :agree:

The reason there is nothing on the front is that it is alcohol advertising. What I didn't understand is how kids' sizes only go up to age 14. Presumably there really by law should be adult-sized kids' shirts with no sponsor to fit age 17-yr olds? Pedantic, yes, but I do fancy getting an adult-sized shirt without sponsor! :coolhib:

micka_weer
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
My son really wanted one like the players wear, liked how he had "John Crabbies" on his last year as a clever way around the sponsorship issues

sadtom
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
The reason there is nothing on the front is that it is alcohol advertising. What I didn't understand is how kids' sizes only go up to age 14. Presumably there really by law should be adult-sized kids' shirts with no sponsor to fit age 17-yr olds? Pedantic, yes, but I do fancy getting an adult-sized shirt without sponsor! :coolhib:

My lads just got the smallest adult size tops, the largest boys just fits but all it would take is a wee growth spurt and it would be too small.
Despite the fact that my lads are average size and build they are not even 12 for another fortnight.
Not even at high school yet they are supposedly into adult sizes!!! Who are they using as 'size guides'?
Well if nothing else its an early and valuable life lesson for them. 'You will be lied to and fleeced at every opportunity'.:bitchy:

madabouthibs
07-07-2012, 12:45 AM

Yes, I know that, but they got round it last year by adding "John" to the logo. Why has that suddenly become a problem this season I wonder? :confused:

Hibercelona
07-07-2012, 01:02 AM
The sponser rule is ridiculous.

Children see the sponser on all of the players shirts and on all of the adults shirts that they'll see when at the game and walking to the game and even when there isn't even a game on, yet they can't wear a shirt with the sponser logo on it, because it will somehow entice them to go into a shop and buy a bottle of crabbies, which will just get handed over to them without question? :rolleyes:

Absolute nonsense.

cammy07
07-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I asked one of the assistants about the sponser and they said that Crabbies had the choice to either sponser the kids top like last season or the adults short. They went for the adults short.
My Kids like the new style and colour but without the sponser logo they just look like training tops. Sadly they dont want them.

sbell1875
07-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Ive been to the club shop today to get the new shirt for my wee boy. I have to say the colour looks even better in the flesh (as it were) and especially good without the sponsors name on the front of the kids shirt. The best home shirt i can remember, i hope we stay with the darker green :aok:

My friend is a Celtic fan who only ever buys the shirt without the sponsor as they do versions of them every season. It makes a kit stand out so much more and I have to admit I am slightly jealous that we appear to not offer that option these days. This seasons kit being absolutely stunning I think we are missing a beat by not offering an adult version of the shirt minus the sponsorship logo.

cocopops1875
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
My friend is a Celtic fan who only ever buys the shirt without the sponsor as they do versions of them every season. It makes a kit stand out so much more and I have to admit I am slightly jealous that we appear to not offer that option these days. This seasons kit being absolutely stunning I think we are missing a beat by not offering an adult version of the shirt minus the sponsorship logo.

i think its due to the numbers they sell and the clout they have ( so can make demands ) I was talking about this the other week and think the club should do this seasons shirt for Chrismas with no sponsor and some embroidery round/under the badge celebrating "the greatest game in history" limited numbers 70 maybe 73 no sponsor and long sleeves £70 a pop :flag:

hibsbollah
07-07-2012, 07:53 PM

:agree: Agree totally. Some posters above are saying their kids want the sponsors name on it, but personally i think it looks classic without, and id be much more likely to buy an adult shirt without a sponsors name on. I guess the problem for the club is that by offering the plain shirt option you downgrade the value of the sponsorship.

DaveF
07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I have to say the colour looks even better in the flesh ..........The best home shirt i can remember, i hope we stay with the darker green :aok:

I was on holiday down south last week and saw a young kid wearing the full kit. Got to agree it looks fantastic and I will be getting one for me and my son.

An outstanding colour tweak and one we should stick with.

Jonnyboy
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I was on holiday down south last week and saw a young kid wearing the full kit. Got to agree it looks fantastic and I will be getting one for me and my son.

An outstanding colour tweak and one we should stick with.

Absolutely

A proper Hibs green at last :thumbsup:

McHibby
08-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I got a long sleeved kids one which fits perfectly (I might be 31 but being a size 6 female comes in handy at times!!). It looks awesome, very much like the vintage/retro green tops with white sleeves. I love it!!

Malthibby
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Got the home & away shirts for my grandkid & he's running around in the white one this morning, but like others I love this year's shade of green.
Class.
GG

Future17
08-07-2012, 03:37 PM

The ban isn't a law - it's a voluntary gesture by the drinks industry.