PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 1 - Hearts minus 4

HFC_NYC
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
At the close of last season, it was unanimously agreed that the one player we had to get on a new contract was McPake, and we did just that. Conversely, the yams were in agreement that they had to keep hold of Sergio, Black, Beattie and Skacel, all of whom have now left the PBS. The Hibs board must be congratulated on the signing of McPake, but more importantly, are we now seeing a shift in power between the two Edinburgh clubs?

Hainan Hibs
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
After the embarassment of that cup final we'll see a shift in power if we beat them 30+ in a row or beat them 7-0 in a final.

Also for the shift to change we'll have to turn up for once on the pitch.

Franck Stanton
06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Can see where you are coming from mate, but, IMO, willo take more than just the 4 you have named and us signing even the three we have , before we can claim a shift in power. We had so much dead weight at the end of last season we have to get rid of a few more, bring in at least 4 more quality players and then we can start to be a wee bit ambitious.

Billychaotic182
06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
No they are still much much better than us. Will take a lot more than that to be better than them, we too have lost key names like Leigh, Garry and both our keepers

pacorosssco
06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
After the embarassment of that cup final we'll see a shift in power if we beat them 30+ in a row or beat them 7-0 in a final.

Agree Hibs will need to learn to match Hearts in derbies to see a shift in power and hopefully someday will get a chance to atone that horrible day at hampden sometime soon. Still hurting at such a gutless performance and tbh not happy we havent moved on more who started that day. Not the kind of people you want to have hanging around if you ask me.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 06:42 PM
At the close of last season, it was unanimously agreed that the one player we had to get on a new contract was McPake, and we did just that. Conversely, the yams were in agreement that they had to keep hold of Sergio, Black, Beattie and Skacel, all of whom have now left the PBS. The Hibs board must be congratulated on the signing of McPake, but more importantly, are we now seeing a shift in power between the two Edinburgh clubs?

Hearts could play utter dross against us and still win more games throughout the season.

The harsh reality is that it doesn't matter who we play on the field against Hearts, they always turn up, while we fail to turn up at all.

It seems to be that way these days, regardless of what players we have and what players they have.

We don't need to look good on paper, we need to look good for 90 minutes in an Edinburgh Derby.

fat freddy
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=HFC_NYC;3286903]At the close of last season, it was unanimously agreed that the one player we had to get on a new contract was McPake, and we did just that. Conversely, the yams were in agreement that they had to keep hold of Sergio, Black, Beattie and Skacel, all of whom have now left the PBS. The Hibs board must be congratulated on the signing of McPake, but more importantly, are we now seeing a shift in power between the two Edinburgh clubs?

the evening news has an article on the hearts squad tonight...they have listed two potential teams that could be played from their squad of more than 40 players...both the teams listed would comfortably defeat whatever it is we've got at the moment...

a shift in the balance of power?...i'll be happy if we can avoid a relegation battle as ross county are much stronger than dunfermline were last season...our struggles will be in the bottom 6...hearts sadly, will be gunning for second spot.

HFC_NYC
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I was thinking more about the shift in power at boardroom level as opposed to the balance of power on the pitch. We've suffered through the Romanov years of watching Hearts sign any player they fancied with the enticement of huge wages, yet now, they can't afford to keep their best players. Hopefully, a year or two of this will see the power shift East on the pitch.

HibbyAndy
06-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Losing 5-1 in the scottish cup final Hearts will have the bragging rights forever.

You may not like it, But its the harsh reality, We play Hearts, They win.Its ALWAYS been that way.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Losing 5-1 in the scottish cup final Hearts will have the bragging rights forever.

You may not like it, But its the harsh reality, We play Hearts, They win.Its ALWAYS been that way.

Exactly.

We could be sitting comfortably in a top 3 position and Hearts could be sitting rock bottom and they would still find a way of beating us in most of the derbies.

We seem to hold this belief that we'll simply "buy" winning players in the transfer window while failing to realize that a winning attitude comes with the territory itself, no through the transfer window.

As long as we're known as the "losing" club in Edinburgh, it won't matter who we bring in.

fit o' the walk
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
They could pick 11 dummies out of a shop window,put a scabby maroon strip on them and they would probably still beat us. They just ALWAYS seem to want it more than Hibs.:confused:

PatHead
06-07-2012, 07:12 PM
The biggest signings we need to make are professionalism, effort, will to win, guts and a winning mentality. I think Pat knows that and will be working on these signings no matter what players he brings in.

EK_Hibs
06-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Is John Sutton still at the PBS?
If not then they currently have zero 'proven' strikers.

NotoriousLor
06-07-2012, 07:15 PM

And with that attitude we never will, thats half the problem with our club but it doesn't have to be this way. At the end of the day it's just game, the 2 teams are going to be going into this season with almost totaly different teams so why can't we beat them this year? Especially as they are on such a tight budget now, aye the final will always be the bragging rights but let them have it once they are wallowing near the bottom of the leauge and they have spent the cash from ramsdens after trading the cup in lets see how loud they are shouting about it

FifeeHibee
06-07-2012, 07:25 PM

:rolleyes:Sorry Andy, but there's no reality in your comment, harsh or otherwise. Get over that cup final. We lost to a better team (acquired with Hun-like cheating) and the referee in their pocket. And I remember well when we beat them for fun in the seventies and they didn't get a look in. Methinks the tables are turning again!

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I think we spend too much on the squad and should probably cut back a litle and bring somebody in who can get a cheaper squad fired up for games.

I'd much rather see a squad of players who aren't overrated and are fired up, over an overrated and overpriced sqaud that can't even get fired up for one of the clubs biggest games in history.

If other clubs in the SPL can beat Hearts with cheaper squads than ours, then perhaps thats a sign that we've been placing too much emphasis on the squad and not enough on bringing staff in that can motivate and turn average players into winners.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 07:29 PM
And with that attitude we never will, thats half the problem with our club but it doesn't have to be this way. At the end of the day it's just game, the 2 teams are going to be going into this season with almost totaly different teams so why can't we beat them this year? Especially as they are on such a tight budget now, aye the final will always be the bragging rights but let them have it once they are wallowing near the bottom of the leauge and they have spent the cash from ramsdens after trading the cup in lets see how loud they are shouting about it

Because our derby woes go far beyond the calibre of players at both clubs.

They have staff at their club that can fire up every player in their sqaud when it comes to an Edinburgh Derby, which is something we seem to be seriously lacking of.

We can bring in as many new faces as we want. But if there is nobody there to drill into them the meaning of winning an Edinburgh Derby, then it isn't going to make any difference.

They MUST understand the importance of beating Hearts.

Geo_1875
06-07-2012, 07:29 PM

I don't know what age you are but it hasn't always been that way. A number of years ago they decided that it was a good result when they beat us. When they won 2 or 3 in a row they celebrated like it got them a medal. They then went on a couple of longer winning runs and decided they were a bigger club and had a right to beat us. However, at that time we were particularly rotten but still managed to squeeze the occasional draw out of them so they decided to celebrate being unbeaten against us rather than beating us. The year they finished about 10th when we qualified for Europe they were happy because they'd beaten us over the season. They beat us 5-1 in the SC final and called it revenge for a beating we gave them 40 years ago. They measure themselves against us and we give them a reason to get off their sisters in the morning. Do we really want to be more like them?

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't know what age you are but it hasn't always been that way. A number of years ago they decided that it was a good result when they beat us. When they won 2 or 3 in a row they celebrated like it got them a medal. They then went on a couple of longer winning runs and decided they were a bigger club and had a right to beat us. However, at that time we were particularly rotten but still managed to squeeze the occasional draw out of them so they decided to celebrate being unbeaten against us rather than beating us. The year they finished about 10th when we qualified for Europe they were happy because they'd beaten us over the season. They beat us 5-1 in the SC final and called it revenge for a beating we gave them 40 years ago. They measure themselves against us and we give them a reason to get off their sisters in the morning. Do we really want to be more like them?

I don't want us to be like them, I want us to be better than them.

That means showing even more passion, fight and desire in derbies than they do.

I want to be able to approach my local jambos with a head like a hot air balloon and remind them of how much bigger and better we are than them. But currenty things couldn't be any more different. I find myself avoiding jambos at the moment out of sheer embarrassment and shame.

HibbyAndy
06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes:Sorry Andy, but there's no reality in your comment, harsh or otherwise. Get over that cup final. We lost to a better team (acquired with Hun-like cheating) and the referee in their pocket. And I remember well when we beat them for fun in the seventies and they didn't get a look in. Methinks the tables are turning again!

Oh yes there is.

There was 22 in a row..There is now , What 11? 12 in a row?.. Is that not reality?.

And 'get over the cup final'?..Aye like never...5-1 we got humped.. Im not taking that lightly! Not for the next 100 years!!

And i dont remember the 70's as im 35..So my point is valid and stands. We never turn up in Derby's.

HibbyAndy
06-07-2012, 07:46 PM

It's on my profile, And its always been that way pretty much my lifetime. We are beaten before we take to the field against Hearts.

soproni1
06-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't want us to be like them, I want us to be better than them.

That means showing even more passion, fight and desire in derbies than they do.

I want to be able to approach my local jambos with a head like a hot air balloon and remind them of how much bigger and better we are than them. But currenty things couldn't be any more different. I find myself avoiding jambos at the moment out of sheer embarrassment and shame.

Hate all this chat that we need more 'fight' or 'passion'. Me and 10 of my pals could go out and show as much passion as you like but we'd still get humped.

A better gameplan executed by better players will see us win games. Look at the Mowbray/Collins era - we were (for the most part) a better side who dominated games and, goalkeeping errors and one flukey goal from zaliukas at ER aside, got the results our good play deserved.

get a better team on the park and this 'balance of power' will be evened out

Craig_in_Prague
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
under McLeish, Mowbray and partially Collins, I always fancied our chances. We need a MUCH better team.. then we can maybe compete. Similar to our old firm record.. under those mentioned it wasnt too bad..

stantonhibby
06-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh yes there is.

There was 22 in a row..There is now , What 11? 12 in a row?.. Is that not reality?.

And 'get over the cup final'?..Aye like never...5-1 we got humped.. Im not taking that lightly! Not for the next 100 years!!

And i dont remember the 70's as im 35..So my point is valid and stands. We never turn up in Derby's.

Just because you can't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Hate all this chat that we need more 'fight' or 'passion'. Me and 10 of my pals could go out and show as much passion as you like but we'd still get humped.

A better gameplan executed by better players will see us win games. Look at the Mowbray/Collins era - we were (for the most part) a better side who dominated games and, goalkeeping errors and one flukey goal from zaliukas at ER aside, got the results our good play deserved.

get a better team on the park and this 'balance of power' will be evened out

If players don't show any "fight" or "passion", then how on earth can they be "better" players?

You think a little technical ability is going to win us games against teams that beat our players to every ball?

"Fight" and "Passion" comes before anything else whether you like it or not. Without it, it makes no odds how much technical ability a player has.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Just because you can't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Nobody who wasn't there is denying that the 70's were a great time for Hibs.

But you have to understand the frustration of fans who have followed Hibs over the last 30 years and have had to put up with a steady stream of gutless p!sh.

Geo_1875
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
If players don't show any "fight" or "passion", then how on earth can they be "better" players?

You think a little technical ability is going to win us games against teams that beat our players to every ball?

"Fight" and "Passion" comes before anything else whether you like it or not. Without it, it makes no odds how much technical ability a player has.

Unfortunately, for the last 40+ years any Hibs player that shows any fight has found themselves in the referees book and more often than not in the dressing room a long time before his team-mates. Yes they show more fight because they are allowed to. Hibs have always had to actually play football to be allowed to beat them.

HFC_NYC
06-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Back to the case in point, we have a manager who has a good record of success, we're building a new team (with a couple of decent signings so far) and let's face it, it can't get much worse than last season. Meanwhile, over at the PBS, they've appointed a no-mark as manager, can't afford to keep their top players and will probably be paying the wages late again. Surely now is the time for Hibs to stamp their authority on this fixture and restore some pride.

Thecat23
06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Hearts are and have been the better team for years. Why because they pay better wages and bring in better players. As someone posted Hibs turn up but get horsed because the better team usually wins. Granted, not always but most of the time. The comment saying "get over the cup final" is laughable at best. Yeah let's just brush it under the carpet and ignore them right?? Behave eh. If we won 5-1 I'd prob still be AWOL and giving them pelters. So guys stop denying it Hearts record against us says it all they are the better team. Until we buy better or they start buying dross it will continue. I hate that mob as much as the next Hibs fan but man enough to say they are better.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Hearts are and have been the better team for years. Why because they pay better wages and bring in better players. As someone posted Hibs turn up but get horsed because the better team usually wins. Granted not always but most of the time. The comment saying "get over the cup final" is laughable at best. Yeah let's just brush it under the carpet and ignore them right?? Behave eh. If we won 5-1 I'd prob still be AWOL and giving them pelters. So guys stop denying it Hearts record against us says it all they are they better team. Until we buy better or they start buying dross it will continue. I hate that mob as much as the next Hibs fan but man enough to say they are better.

I often read posts on here of people playing the "finance" card...

Sorry, but thie whole idea that our record is so poor against them because they pay more wages than us is complete nonsense.

Teams like St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Killie, Motherwell... etc, pay out even less wages on players than we do, yet their records against Hearts in recent times are far greater than our own.

How do you explain this?

Truth is, Hearts aren't that great. For the wages they've paid out, they should have been clear 3rd place winners last season, but instead they finished 5th, with a 7 point gap between Dundee Utd in 4th.

Out of all the clubs that have remained in the SPL over the last 3 seasons, our record is the worst with 0 (yes 0!) wins against them.

We're gutless, thats the problem. Anybody trying to suggest that the issues lay with the financial differences or elsewhere are fooling themselves.

soproni1
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM

By controlling the ball better, passing the ball better, moving without the ball better, heading the ball better, positioning themselves better, running faster, jumping higher. That is how they are better players, any a**e down Leith links can run about the park attempting to tackle 'hard' and getting angry and aggressive about the game.

Our better teams have all been based on technically sound players, playing with the ball, creating chances and scoring goals. Their heart and passion was never questioned because the football was succesful.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
By controlling the ball better, passing the ball better, moving without the ball better, heading the ball better, positioning themselves better, running faster, jumping higher. That is how they are better players, any a**e down Leith links can run about the park attempting to tackle 'hard' and getting angry and aggressive about the game.

Our better teams have all been based on technically sound players, playing with the ball, creating chances and scoring goals. Their heart and passion was never questioned because the football was succesful.

"Successful football" is "winning football".

As for your comments about running faster and jumping higher. Players won't do these things if they don't have the passion and fight to win the ball back off the oppostion.

There would be no point in players "positioning themselves" better, if nobody in the team shows any fight to win the ball back off the opposition in the first place.

You must first have the ball, before you can actually do anything with the ball.

I'm not saying that technical skill isn't necessary to win games, I know that it is. But what i'm trying to say is that technical skill counts for nothing if your heart isn't in the game.

yeezus.
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM

:agree: I wonder if I'll ever get over the final. As you say, maybe a 7-0 Scottish Cup final victory..

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Sad but true, Andy. That day of infamy will never be forgotten, sadly. We'll need a long run of dominance in the derby to claim any shift in power, but it isn't impossible. They are heading the same way as Rangers due to the reckless ownership of Romanov. Players are leaving and salaries are being slashed as they desperately attempt to avoid the fate of their big brother. We, on the other hand, might just be seeing the shoots of recovery. I think it will be closer next season but we have a long road ahead. At least their days of financial doping are ending and we can compete on level terms.

soproni1
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM
"Successful football" is "winning football".

As for your comments about running faster and jumping higher. Players won't do these things if they don't have the passion and fight to win the ball back off the oppostion.

There would be no point in players "positioning themselves" better, if nobody in the team shows any fight to win the ball back off the opposition in the first place.

You must first have the ball, before you can actually do anything with the ball.

I'm not saying that technical skill isn't necessary to win games, I know that it is. But what i'm trying to say is that technical skill counts for nothing if your heart isn't in the game.

I dont disagree with your points, I just feel that hibs fans and most fans in general dont appreciate the level of skill required to play at a level which we would deem acceptable to us. Simply saying we need more heart and fight about us is irrelevant if the players are not up to that standard to begin with. Which was definitely the case in the last 2 and a half seasons

marinello59
06-07-2012, 10:52 PM

Spot on. Heart and passion should be a given. They beat us because they players with better technical ability and greater tactical awareness.

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 10:52 PM
I dont disagree with your points, I just feel that hibs fans and most fans in general dont appreciate the level of skill required to play at a level which we would deem acceptable to us. Simply saying we need more heart and fight about us is irrelevant if the players are not up to that standard to begin with. Which was definitely the case in the last 2 and a half seasons

Yes, I agree with you there.

But if you look at a player like James McPake for example. The man isn't a tactical genius, but when he goes into a tackle or challenges for it in the air, he makes sure that he wins it, or he'll break his neck trying. The man has a heart of a lion and looks hungry.

If we had 11 players like him on the pitch, we'd be the scariest team to play against in the SPL, instead of everybodies favourites.

I want to see us strike fear into all our opponents. But right now, we're the team that everybody wants to play against.

We're soft touches.

Littlest Hobo
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
They have the bragging rights but it's theirs to lose....

Get ****in intae thum!!

steakbake
07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
We won't turn it around in a season. It will take a few years until we got to the stage that we beat them more often than they beat us consistently over a period of several seasons.

If we beat them to Europe this year, I'd be happy with that. A couple of derby wins would be great. But I think even just that might be expecting too much too soon.

We've got a lot of catching up to do.

Still, if we can get either Adam le Fondre or one of the Showumni brothers, we'll be headed in the right direction.

Archie70
07-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Oh yes there is.

I'm in my 40s and I remember the 70s. looking back results has never been easier, they've got this new thing called Google. Try it and it'll prove one thing, you're point isn't valid. Not by any stretch of the imagination. From 69 to 79 I think they beat us twice. We beat them that often I was scared we'd get to keep them. Just because you don't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen, I can't remember the day I was born but I'm still here! NEVER turn up in derbies is wrong, HAVEN'T for seasons probably nearer the mark, but that's because they've spent more and bought a better calibre of players. They've now lost them, so we'll see who turns up this season!

edinburghhibee
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
At the end of the day hibs owe us the supporters big time, we will have to put up with the singing and gloating from these gimps for years and years to come. The same as what we have given them since 0-7.

even if we beat them 4-0 or 5-0 in the first derby game of the season this year it is only 3 points, they on the other hand ****ed us in front of the whole nation, embarrassed us in the biggest game in either teams history.

I'm 26 years old and I'll never forget that feeling of hurt, embarrassment but mostly anger I feel towards the players who played that day in my team colours. Mcpake aside, but even then he is due us big time for that performance that day, at leased he has the balls to come back and prove his worth!

Anybody saying we should forget that result are nuts, and are hiding there true feelings. any hibs fan who followed hibs over the last few seasons deserved to see us win that but the players bottled it. Embarrassment that lot of them!

Pete
07-07-2012, 02:42 AM
The Scottish cup final was the last game of the season and we've had no other Hibs game since. We've had weeks to think about that game and feel sorry for ourselves with no other games to distract us or think about.

It's time to get over it. They might have more songs to sing but if we beat them in the next game we will have "bragging rights". The last thing I will be thinking about at the next derby is the cup final and I'm sure we aren't simply going to sit down and let them think they've won again before the game has started. Financial reality has hit home with them and after years of fielding strong teams they wont this time.

It's time to realise that we're not up against superior opposition any more! It's pointless dwelling on past results and you're doing yourself no favours.

...and for Pete's sake please don't try to make me feel guilty about being positive. If you're still moping about the cup final or have this feeling that we will never, ever get to their level or achieve what they have then you are the one with the problem.

Onion
07-07-2012, 04:56 AM

No.

Hainan Hibs
07-07-2012, 06:30 AM
If it was all about spending more money and having better players Hearts would be a clear 3rd season after season due to their budget, however as stated before other teams seem to be able to better them with worse budgets than us.

We can talk about the skill McLeish's team had but watch the videos on youtube of Sauzee and Hughes talking about their will to win in derbies, the current lot really couldn't give less of a **** if they tried.

I hate to be overly doom and gloom however that cup final did it for me. Seeing the time, effort and money put into the display and how our fans turned up and backed the team it still sickens me how that team played.

And sorry, will we **** have the bragging rights if we win the next derby, and I'm just glad to be out the country when 3000 gloating yams turn up in the South stand.

I'm away to hide any sharp objects before I get worse:greengrin

Niffy
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM

No.

Remember that Scotland game where the *****y opposition never turned up , and Scotland (for a day or so) were awarded the 3 points....

well if Hearts didn't turn up, they'd still win.

Can't wait to be shown how wrong I am...

lucky
07-07-2012, 08:27 AM
MadVlad has made them a laughing stock but the bottom line he's won 2 Scottish cup and had a crack at the CL. We have had a LC win, training ground, big empty stand and some good balance sheets.
Football is about wining and unfortunately they do neatly all the time against us in the last 10 year's.
Yes they have the bragging rights and will always have it until we win either the SC or league. We as a club need to have the mentally that beating them is everything. The players from the moment they sign should be told that games against them are everything. It's time for the players to much the fans passions and restore some pride back into our club

edinburghhibee
07-07-2012, 10:15 AM
The Scottish cup final was the last game of the season and we've had no other Hibs game since. We've had weeks to think about that game and feel sorry for ourselves with no other games to distract us or think about.

It's time to get over it. They might have more songs to sing but if we beat them in the next game we will have "bragging rights". The last thing I will be thinking about at the next derby is the cup final and I'm sure we aren't simply going to sit down and let them think they've won again before the game has started. Financial reality has hit home with them and after years of fielding strong teams they wont this time.

It's time to realise that we're not up against superior opposition any more! It's pointless dwelling on past results and you're doing yourself no favours.

...and for Pete's sake please don't try to make me feel guilty about being positive. If you're still moping about the cup final or have this feeling that we will never, ever get to their level or achieve what they have then you are the one with the problem.

Peter, not sure if that last paragraph was in response to my post or not but I'll try and answer to it as if it was.

I'm not trying to make anybody feel guilty about being positive, I am fairly positive about the up owning season too. I like the sounds coming out of Easter road this Pre season we seem to be signing decent players. We have our captain back.

However if you believe for one second that you will not be thinking about the final on the first derby or the 2-3 others we'll play then I'm sorry but your wrong like posted above they will fill the south stand and they will sing about nothing other than that game. Whether you like it or not your mind will wander back to hampden.

And I'm not aware of saying we'll never get the chance to beat them in a similar sized game. We will get that chance some day and when we do we must remember the hurt we felt on the 19th. The win will feel so much better. GGTTH!

Hibercelona
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Peter, not sure if that last paragraph was in response to my post or not but I'll try and answer to it as if it was.

I'm not trying to make anybody feel guilty about being positive, I am fairly positive about the up owning season too. I like the sounds coming out of Easter road this Pre season we seem to be signing decent players. We have our captain back.

However if you believe for one second that you will not be thinking about the final on the first derby or the 2-3 others we'll play then I'm sorry but your wrong like posted above they will fill the south stand and they will sing about nothing other than that game. Whether you like it or not your mind will wander back to hampden.

And I'm not aware of saying we'll never get the chance to beat them in a similar sized game. We will get that chance some day and when we do we must remember the hurt we felt on the 19th. The win will feel so much better. GGTTH!

:agree:

They'll never let us forget it, not until we make them feel the same level of hurt or worse.

Anybody saying "forget about it and move on" clearly has no idea what they're in for.

SouthamptonHibs
07-07-2012, 11:30 AM
With players like Stevenson Wotherspoon osborne sroule and Carlis in the team/squad and the fact we havn't signed a decent goalie left back four midfielders and two quality strikers i can't see how the balance off power is shifted! Around 4 weeks to the derby im not confident but will be there to listen to the Jambo's give us it tight for 90mins! C'mon Petrie lets grt snother 6+ quality players signed asap hail hail

07-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Hearts could play utter dross against us and still win more games throughout the season.

The harsh reality is that it doesn't matter who we play on the field against Hearts, they always turn up, while we fail to turn up at all.

It seems to be that way these days, regardless of what players we have and what players they have.

We don't need to look good on paper, we need to look good for 90 minutes in an Edinburgh Derby.

Totally agree, I've been to many derbies over the years where we have had much better players than hearts but they had more heart and desire to win than us therefore they won most. Its the attitude going into derbies that needs the biggest change.

fatbloke
07-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I was in brief conversation with a Hibs legend today, He and others are not convinced by the club, the manager or the players the club is bringing in. That's all.

07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I was in brief conversation with a Hibs legend today, He and others are not convinced by the club, the manager or the players the club is bringing in. That's all.

why?

fatbloke
08-07-2012, 01:50 AM
why?

Apart from McPake they do not inspire, excite or convince him they are good enough. BTW it's rumoured that Skacel is coming back to Swynecastle.

Hibercelona
08-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Apart from McPake they do not inspire, excite or convince him they are good enough. BTW it's rumoured that Skacel is coming back to Swynecastle.

I don't think many fans are inspired either (if any at all).

Finances aren't the problem and I hate it when people say that its the budget that sees us bringing in poor players, when the budget clearly isn't the issue.

It's what we do with the budget thats the issue. We need a complete rehaul of our scouting system, because the scouting system we've had over the last several years is nowhere near good enough.

With the money we spend on the sqaud, it should be top 6 every single season (nothing less is acceptable).

The fact that we've been so far off the mark for so long is a disgrace. We shouldn't compare this season to last season. Anything less than a top 6 finish this season is complete failure (as it should be any season we fail to finish in the top 6).

We need to sign players that will ensure that this happens, but so far i'm not convinced. Until I see us signing more players that play with as much passion and raw determination as JMP, I won't be feeling overly optimistic.

This season is the season to "get things right". There's no better time than now.