PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen fans for sporting integrity

Phil MaGlass
06-07-2012, 11:42 AM
sent to me by a mate.

http://aberdeenfansforsportingintegrity.blogspot.co.uk/

The intention is to get a ball rolling amongst all SPL clubs (with the exception of Sevco) for the fans to contribute a small amount to SFL clubs who have had the balls to stand up to the bullying.

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Aberdonians offering to put their hands in their pockets. Pass the smelling salts! They're tighter than two coats of paint.

Saorsa
06-07-2012, 11:50 AM
sent to me by a mate.

http://aberdeenfansforsportingintegrity.blogspot.co.uk/

The intention is to get a ball rolling amongst all SPL clubs (with the exception of Sevco) for the fans to contribute a small amount to SFL clubs who have had the balls to stand up to the bullying.What a great idea, I wonder if any of the organiser type people on here (of which I aint one :greengrin ) could dae something similar. I'd be willing tae chip in. :agree:

Mikey
06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice idea but I'd be more inclined to look after No.1 to be honest. Hibs are hardly flush with cash themselves.

Thecat23
06-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice idea but I'd be more inclined to look after No.1 to be honest. Hibs are hardly flush with cash themselves.

This.

PatHead
06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Snap, look after Hibs first but I would like to see SPL clubs play friendlies against these clubs to help with fundraising rather than games against foreign opposition at Grangemouth.

Sylar
06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I personally don't think it's a good idea.

The clubs of the SFL are more than capable of making their decisions in a balanced and fair manner. Some will consider the financial gain they could have from Rangers entering their division and others will see the morally questionable act of allowing them to enter straight into division one.

The decision can be made without any financial "handout" they might receive (sounds a little like "bribery" to me) from fans of SPL clubs. As it is fan contributions, any amount raised divvied up between all the clubs who have already said and will say no, is likely to be a very paltry figure indeed and hardly likely to provide sufficient motivation to change their minds (which in most cases, will be determined).

Saorsa
06-07-2012, 12:09 PM

The clubs of the SFL are more than capable of making their decisions in a balanced and fair manner. Some will consider the financial gain they could have from Rangers entering their division and others will see the morally questionable act of allowing them to enter straight into division one.

The decision can be made without any financial "handout" they might receive (sounds a little like "bribery" to me) from fans of SPL clubs. As it is fan contributions, any amount raised divvied up between all the clubs who have already said and will say no, is likely to be a very paltry figure indeed and hardly likely to provide sufficient motivation to change their minds (which in most cases, will be determined).They were perfectly capable of that without the threats and blackmail fron the SFA/SPL

frazeHFC
Maybe Hibs could lend them money and then demand it back in time. If clubs can't repay in cash they give us their players etc, so we are like the mafioso of Scotland. Just an idea.

Saorsa
Nice idea but I'd be more inclined to look after No.1 to be honest. Hibs are hardly flush with cash themselves.Hibs will get my money if/when that newco dinnae end up in the 1st division in spite of the threats and blackmail from the SFA/SPL. If that club end up anywhere but the 3rd division then as far as I'm concerned it's the SFA, SPL and member clubs who were either involved with or tacitly approved of those threats and blackmail that are at fault. If the decision made is the wrong one then efter this donation naebody involved with Scottish fitba will see another brass farthing fae me.

If there's nae support for it here I will donate through the Aberdeen fund.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 12:20 PM

While i'm not in favour of this, looking after No1 is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Greed is whats taken over the whole game, a FAIR distribution of any money that comes into the game should be the way forward for our country's national sport.

For too long now, we have had every piece of legislation thats come in, heavily in favour of the old firm. We have a small window of time now, where every rule in the rule book can be ripped up and rewritten for the benefit of ALL the clubs, not just two.

Yes we should be looking after No1, but not to the detriment of the WHOLE game, as has been the case for far too long.

DC_Hibs
06-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Fair play to Aberdeen for coming up with an idea whether or not it is taken up. Supporters of all teams including SFL should have joined together a long time ago to address issues such as communicating with their clubs pre vote, raising the SFA underhand/illegal tactics with Uefa and also entering into discussions with Sky/ESPN based on the threat of thousands of subscription cancellations from Jock fitba fans.

It just seems that none of the fan groups or websites took the initiative although individuals communications have had a decent impact.

If I thought this idea from Aberdeen would be embraced by enough fans to make a different I would contribute.

My idea would be that fans of any SPL club with an away game at Kilmarnock should instead visit the likes of Clyde, Raith Rovers or their local teams perhaps with appropriate steps being taken to be able to measure the benefit to the club/s on that day. Defend Killie all you want but they will be punished due to their muggins owner!

We play Killie 22/12 which doesn't seem to coincide with any SFL games.

jonty
06-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Fair play to Aberdeen for coming up with an idea whether or not it is taken up. Supporters of all teams including SFL should have joined together a long time ago to address issues such as communicating with their clubs pre vote, raising the SFA underhand/illegal tactics with Uefa and also entering into discussions with Sky/ESPN based on the threat of thousands of subscription cancellations from Jock fitba fans.

It just seems that none of the fan groups or websites took the initiative although individuals communications have had a decent impact.

If I thought this idea from Aberdeen would be embraced by enough fans to make a different I would contribute.

My idea would be that fans of any SPL club with an away game at Kilmarnock should instead visit the likes of Clyde, Raith Rovers or their local teams perhaps with appropriate steps being taken to be able to measure the benefit to the club/s on that day. Defend Killie all you want but they will be punished due to their muggins owner!

We play Killie 22/12 which doesn't seem to coincide with any SFL games.

Pop into your local SFL clubs shop that day, and buy something (ie tshirt and mug).
Nice xmas present for someone :greengrin

bingo70
I still don't understand why sfl clubs would be worse off from this, I'm obviously missing something but surely they'd be better off as 4 games a season against the new Huns would increase there gates?

jonty
I still don't understand why sfl clubs would be worse off from this, I'm obviously missing something but surely they'd be better off as 4 games a season against the new Huns would increase there gates?

Doncaster is threatening to withhold (as I understand it) a legally binding £2m payment to the SFL.

R'Albin
06-07-2012, 12:38 PM

The decision can be made without any financial "handout" they might receive (sounds a little like "bribery" to me) from fans of SPL clubs. As it is fan contributions, any amount raised divvied up between all the clubs who have already said and will say no, is likely to be a very paltry figure indeed and hardly likely to provide sufficient motivation to change their minds (which in most cases, will be determined).

Totally :agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Doncaster is threatening to withhold (as I understand it) a legally binding £2m payment to the SFL.

As i said in other threads, this clown has lied threatened and bullied at every corner. Why is he even allowed to do this without being approached from the chairmen and their legal teams?

In fact why is he being allowed to do this at all, he works for the SPL?

aDONis
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
We're not talking about transforming clubs finances, we're looking to help in a little way. As I understand it, in 24 hours it had raised a little over £750.

I think Raith Rovers got £200 for sponsoring the mascot, sponsoring a Clyde player came to about £130, and it looks like Morton will have a players sponsored as well.

All benefits for sponsorship (i.e. RR sponsorship includes a strip) goes to local kids, and any excess is to go to an anti-bullying charity http://www.beatbullying.org/.

Sorry Ed if this is seen as spamming, not my intention.

Yours
aDONis

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
We're not talking about transforming clubs finances, we're looking to help in a little way. As I understand it, in 24 hours it had raised a little over £750.

I think Raith Rovers got £200 for sponsoring the mascot, sponsoring a Clyde player came to about £130, and it looks like Morton will have a players sponsored as well.

All benefits for sponsorship (i.e. RR sponsorship includes a strip) goes to local kids, and any excess is to go to an anti-bullying charity http://www.beatbullying.org/.

Sorry Ed if this is seen as spamming, not my intention.

Yours
aDONis

This sort of thing should be publicised.

It is heartening to see such acts of kindness from fans in the game.....Well done to you guys:aok:......I really believe that Scottish Football will thrive, and fans will pull together, as long as we see integrity, and don't get taken for mugs......

Jonnyboy
06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
My view is that if football fans want to chip in with a few bob that they wouldn't otherwise be spending on Hibs, then why the hell not?

bighairyfaeleith
06-07-2012, 08:52 PM
My view is that if football fans want to chip in with a few bob that they wouldn't otherwise be spending on Hibs, then why the hell not?

exactly, I'll be chipping in, I think it's a great idea. I will whole heartedly support any team that comes out and does the right thing in regards to this mess. They may not be my team, but I will show them support in one way or another.

If the huns go any higher than div 3 I'm finished with Scottish football.

This is not about supporting hibs, it's about the whole of Scottish football.

Jonnyboy
06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
exactly, I'll be chipping in, I think it's a great idea. I will whole heartedly support any team that comes out and does the right thing in regards to this mess. They may not be my team, but I will show them support in one way or another.

If the huns go any higher than div 3 I'm finished with Scottish football.

This is not about supporting hibs, it's about the whole of Scottish football.

They want to join Div 3 so I say, let them!

Saorsa
06-07-2012, 09:53 PM
They want to join Div 3 so I say, let them!That disnae suit the gravy train riders though.

aDONis
07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I was thinking, some of you guys may know the lad that has organised this. He did a lot of the collecting on aberdeen-mad for Dnipro Kids when Aberdeen tied up with Hibs before going out there for the Waffa game.

Anyhoo!

I just thought I'd give you his latest update;

"

re: Support For Turnbull Hutton
Quick update, apologies for not getting back to folks who have emailed in the last 24 hours, I've literally had 100s of emails in the last couple of days, I hope to communicate with all new enquirers tomorrow.

We now have about 100 people who have pledged to contribute. Over £1000 has been contributed thus far.

We have confirmed we'll sponsor Roary Rover and I've now agreed with Clyde that we'll sponsor both a home and away shirt there. The communication from Clyde was fantastic. I won't reveal the content but I can assure you, their position on how Scottish Football is currently being governed and how we should use this crisis to make progress is music to our ears. If their passion is shared with the majority of clubs then I have a lot of faith in our game moving forward from this.

Thanks for the support, I must say I was expecting a handful of folk to get in touch but it's clear there is huge feeling, across all clubs, Rangers included, that positive change can come from this."

Oh and if ye like yer tunes, he runs a good blog. http://northeastbeast.blogspot.co.uk/

All the best for next season, I think there's a good chance you'll rise to 10th, but we'll still be edging you in 8th (assuming Dundee or Pars don't make too many waves). :rolleyes: :aok:

Yours
aDONis

VickMackie
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
How do you donate?

aDONis
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
The blog is here, and details for paypal etc are on the site.

aberdeenfansforsportingintegrity.blogspot.co.uk (http://aberdeenfansforsportingintegrity.blogspot.co.uk/)

Unfortunately it's Aberdeen branded, but I'm sure they won't turn away your money. :greengrin

Best of luck.

Yours
aDONis

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I must be thick.

I can't see anything in the article other than an address for further information. I'm on an iPhone.

It should be obvious how to donate... People, like me, will be too lazy to email for the details!

marinello59
08-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Hibs will take a heavy financial hit no matter what the outcome of this is. Any spare cash I spend on Fitba this season will be heading their way. Any attempt, no matter how well meaning , to drive a wedge between clubs who we perceive to vote the way we ''all'' want will ultimately be counter productive. Can we object to undue pressure bring brought to bear on SFl chairman whilst fans propose rewarding some SFL clubs and punishing others? A slight smell of hypocrisy there.:devil::devil::devil:

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Hibs should set up a method of getting additional funds from fans who want to contribute. In sure if would make a few thousand or more. Could be the difference between getting a player we want.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Hibs should set up a method of getting additional funds from fans who want to contribute. In sure if would make a few thousand or more. Could be the difference between getting a player we want.

I said this a few years ago during Mowbrays time at the club. I believe when filling in the season ticket forme, there should be a box you can tick to add £10 - £20 or any amount you wish to add onto the price the season ticket is for that season.

Its a cheap way of raising extra funds that will go towards new signings, as all money raised from ST sales go straight to Pat Fenlon.

I have no idea if it would raise much, but it might?

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I said this a few years ago during Mowbrays time at the club. I believe when filling in the season ticket forme, there should be a box you can tick to add £10 - £20 or any amount you wish to add onto the price the season ticket is for that season.

Its a cheap way of raising extra funds that will go towards new signings, as all money raised from ST sales go straight to Pat Fenlon.

I have no idea if it would raise much, but it might?

It probably wouldn't raise that much but more than nout. Would be a good way for overseas fans to contribute.

Hainan Hibs
08-07-2012, 03:08 PM
It probably wouldn't raise that much but more than nout. Would be a good way for overseas fans to contribute.

:agree: Living abroad so won't be able to contribute as much as I'd like, a fund would be a good way to contribute during these times.