PDA

View Full Version : Proclaimers on Saturday

big-mo
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Just in case you missed it, the Proclaimers are playing at Ian Murray's 'farewell to the fans' event on Saturday night (7th July). There will be tickets available on the door on the night, £20 a head.
Bar/doors opens 8:30. Venue- Corn Exchange, Newmarket Rd, Slateford.

Updated list of Auction items -

LOT 1
UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH CURTIS STIGERS – Two tickets for Curtis Stiger’s Opening Night Concert at Le Monde, George St, Edinburgh on Monday 23 July 2012. Includes Dinner and the opportunity to meet Curtis Stigers pre show.

LOT 2
IAN MURRAY – Framed Match worn signed strip from Ian’s last ever Hibs game (v ICT 15 May 2012) and Framed Photograph of Ian Murray, Patrick Viera and Robert Pires signed by all 3 players

LOT 3
GOLF – FOURBALL AT ARCHERFIELD INCLUDING LUNCH AT THE CLUBHOUSE

LOT 4
MANCHESTER UNITED – Two tickets to Old Trafford to a Category B game of your choice (View the game from North Stand in leather padded seats, free match programme and access to Kit Room Lounge pre and postmatch) Also Signed Manchester United Strip by 2012/13 first team squad

LOT 5
LE MONDE EXPERIENCE – A Champagne Dinner for Two and Overnight Accommodation inc Full Breakfast and Edinburgh’s trendiest Hotel, Le Monde

LOT 6
TENNIS – THE MURRAY BROTHERS – Framed Match worn signed jerseys from Andy and Jamie Murray

LOT 7
IAN MURRAY TESTIMONIAL MATCH MEMORABILLIA – Framed Match worn signed Patrick Viera Boot, Framed Match worn signed Captains Armbands (Ian Murray and Russell Latapy), Framed Hibs Legends and then Current Team Photograph (over 25 signatures) and Hibs Strip signed by Ian Murray, Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires

LOT 8
THE PROCLAIMERS – Two tickets to Proclaimers Sell Out Show on Friday 23 November 2012 at Edinburgh Playhouse including VIP Backstage Passes, 2 signed Copies of Proclaimers latest CD, Like Comedy and 1 x Hibs Home Strip and 1 x Hibs Away Strip signed by Charlie and Craig

If you would like to bid for any of these items, please PM me with your bid and a note of which item you are after.

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
What's the script with this mate? Just a Proclaimers gig?

big-mo
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
What's the script with this mate? Just a Proclaimers gig?
This is the second part of Ian Murray's testimonial dinner,
Pt II of the evening includes Ian Murray being interviewed by Grant Stott, comedian Russ Williams and then the Procs, with their band, will play for an hour or so.

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 08:10 PM
This is the second part of Ian Murray's testimonial dinner,
Pt II of the evening includes Ian Murray being interviewed by Grant Stott, comedian Russ Williams and then the Procs, with their band, will play for an hour or so.
What time do we get in and how would I get a ticket?

nonshinyfinish
05-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Framed Match worn signed Patrick Viera Boot

How do you frame a boot?

scoopyboy
05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
How do you frame a boot?

I would either build a frame and then put the boot in it or build a frame around the boot.

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
How do you frame a boot?

I assume it's a glass display case.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I would either build a frame and then put the boot in it or build a frame around the boot.

Doah!

big-mo
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
What time do we get in and how would I get a ticket?

Entry at approx 10pm, tickets either from the corn exchange beforehand or on the door from 8:30pm.

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Entry at approx 10pm, tickets either from the corn exchange beforehand or on the door from 8:30pm.
Perfect.Can we get to the bar inside the Corn Exchange from half 8?

big-mo
05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I assume it's a glass display case.

It comes in a flat back, bubble front plastic, wall mountable case.

Stantons Angel
07-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Perfect.Can we get to the bar inside the Corn Exchange from half 8?

PLEASE read the original post (see below) and see the official site or numerous previous posts regarding this.

It will answer all your questions.

"Just in case you missed it, the Proclaimers are playing at Ian Murray's 'farewell to the fans' event on Saturday night (7th July). There will be tickets available on the door on the night, £20 a head.
Bar/doors opens 8:30. Venue- Corn Exchange, Newmarket Rd, Slateford."

California-Hibs
07-07-2012, 09:47 AM
This sound's like a really good night, might talk the auld man into coming along with me! :thumbsup:

HibeeSince82
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Is anybody else wearing a Hibs top tonight? Or is it just casual ?

.Sean.
07-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm on my way up. Looking forward to it!

Tom Hart RIP
08-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Brilliant night.
Lawrie Reilly, Jackie Macnamara, Kano , Keith Wright, Micky Weir, Gordon Rae, Jim Mcarthur, Rod Petrie all there to support Ian. Didn't notice any of current squad so maybe Pat has cut out the bevvying.
Proclaimers were fantastic and as usual SOL brought the house down.
Well done Graeme Cadger and the committee

cocopops1875
08-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Well done, I didn't go but wasn't one who grudged him his testimonial year. What did the future Wimbledon champs match worn shirt go for ?

marinello59
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I wasn't there but the texts and pic I was sent as the night progressed had me green with envy. Sounds like a superb night was had by all.

.Sean.
08-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Never got to see the comedian. That was pretty poor.

big-mo
08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Well done, I didn't go but wasn't one who grudged him his testimonial year. What did the future Wimbledon champs match worn shirt go for ?

The 2007 and hopefully 2012 Wimbledon champions shirts went for £800. The Proclaimers tickets and back stage passes went for £1,000.

.Sean.
08-07-2012, 09:50 AM
The 2007 and hopefully 2012 Wimbledon champions shirts went for £800. The Proclaimers tickets and back stage passes went for £1,000.
What happened with Russel Kane? We didn't get to see him which was dissapointing. Proclaimers were good nonetheless.

cocopops1875
08-07-2012, 01:09 PM

Thats a fantastic sum of money :not worth whoever paid that though in a few hours it could be a great investment GGTAM :greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
08-07-2012, 01:34 PM

800 quid.

Tom Hart RIP
08-07-2012, 07:30 PM
There's an article about the event in The Edinburgh Reporter sports section. Some good photos As well.
Table 18 looked as if they had a good time.

Albion Hibs
09-07-2012, 11:28 AM
There's an article about the event in The Edinburgh Reporter sports section. Some good photos As well.

Thanks for the tip, filled in a few blanks i.e. what the place actually looked like...I seem to have drunk away those memories!!

Was a great night, well done to the testimonial committee for yet another great event. Was also very good to see so many past players at the event and fair play to Rod and Scott for coming along.

Bring on tomorrow, this is one of those two day hangovers!!

gillythehibby
09-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Guys I was there and it was a mate of mine who paid for the Murray shirts. That's me 3rd fae the left slightly bevvied. :greengrin

Top night and the proclaimers outsanding:thumbsup:

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2012/07/hibs-fans-say-farewell-to-club-captain-ian-murray/

gillythehibby
09-07-2012, 05:52 PM

Tom see my post #26. Yer right we did have a good time. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Guys I was there and it was a mate of mine who paid for the Murray shirts. That's me 3rd fae the left slightly bevvied. :greengrin

Top night and the proclaimers outsanding:thumbsup:

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2012/07/hibs-fans-say-farewell-to-club-captain-ian-murray/

Is that Roman Romanov on your left😄