PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Fancy a shot at sports media/journalism whilst promoting youth football?

bob12345
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Hibees,

Do you dream of being the next Chick Young or Jim Traynor? :faf:

Youth Football Scotland are a social enterprise dedicated to enhancing the experience & confidence of young players around the country, improving participation in the sport and using football as a vehicle for education/employability.

Ahead of the 2012/13 season we are holding recruitment evenings across Scotland (with one in Edinburgh), looking for people to join our revamped journalism, video, radio and photography teams. The roles are voluntary but have a great deal of potential personal benefits (including certification through the Saltire Awards) as well as knowing you're making a difference to the future generations of aspiring players.

No great deal of experience is required, just enthusiasm. No regular commitment is needed, just a willingness to get involved. Right now our team has budding sports media professionals on the cusp of making it, high school students doing their work experience and people who just want to do a bit of volunteering and think watching football would be a fun way to go about it. Everyone really.

If this sounds like something that may interest you I'd encourage you to hit the link below and come along to one of our informational evenings. If you can't make any of them, we'd still like to hear from you.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if anyone wants to PM or reply with any questions, I'd be glad to answer.

http://youthfootballscotland.co.uk/recruitment

http://youthfootballscotland.co.uk/images/stories/events/recruitmentpostermini.jpg

givescotlandfreedom
05-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Have you heard from the young Irish boy who made a report on the cup final? Quite a few of us were very impressed with his standard and enthusiasm.

bob12345
05-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Have you heard from the young Irish boy who made a report on the cup final? Quite a few of us were very impressed with his standard and enthusiasm.

Yeah, I saw it too, was excellent. Tried tweeting him but no response, will definitely give it another shot and think it would be great to find a character or two like that from here.

JohnStephens91
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
You should try e-mailing the head of journalism at Napier university, Kate Smith, to get it e-mailed round everyone on the course. It would have been something I would have done, but I have another project in the pipeline

Centre Hawf
06-07-2012, 12:36 AM
I've been slowly getting some experience in the field of Sports Journalism for my University application for next year, so i think i will check this out thank you.

bob12345
08-07-2012, 10:42 PM
You should try e-mailing the head of journalism at Napier university, Kate Smith, to get it e-mailed round everyone on the course. It would have been something I would have done, but I have another project in the pipeline

Done with a great response, thanks!

And Centre Hawf, please do, let us know if you have any questions and hopefully see you along at the Edinburgh night.