PDA

View Full Version : Games for TV....

3pm
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM
...anyone got an idea when they are due to be announced?!

Future17
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM

Need to know who's in the league first...:wink:

3pm
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Need to know who's in the league first...:wink:

I know but they'll still surely be working to a date?!?!

Wheat Hound
05-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Derby prob moved to Sunday??

JustSimplyHibs
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Need to wait until the NewCo SFL decision :aok:

Newco goto Division 3 - no TV deal, no games on TV...thank god
NewCo goto Division 1 - TV Deal for SPL and Div 1...every supporter should boycott games regardless if diehard or not

Ross4356
05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Need to wait until the NewCo SFL decision :aok:

Newco goto Division 3 - no TV deal, no games on TV...thank god

Where did you get that fae?

yeezus.
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Derby prob moved to Sunday??

I need to know this for sure - I'm trying to get the first derby booked off work, I imagine it's the Sunday .. ?

JustSimplyHibs
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Where did you get that fae?

Mate down south and I always thought it was common knowledge, also if you read between the lines you will find the answer.

If NewCo go to Division 1 there will be money available to screen games within this division and the SPL although at a reduced rate than previous seasons as it will be split between the two division. NewCo go to Division 3 there is no money available...wonder why :confused: Sky pull out of Scottish Football :aok:meaning no live games hence why there hasn't been any live game notifications as yet, unlike in the EPL where their fixture lists were produced after SPL.

Personally, i hope SKY do one meaning more fans through the gate creating a better atmosphere in the ground also for people wanting video footage of Hibs, well fingers crossed they sign up to Hibernian TV, giving them more cash to make their service better.

Wheat Hound
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I need to know this for sure - I'm trying to get the first derby booked off work, I imagine it's the Sunday .. ?

yep, me too. Another fine Scottish fitba mess :-(

Ross4356
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Sky pull out of Scottish Football

Sky have never said this mate. But like you I wouldn't be to bothered if they did. I read on here (I think so may be corrected) that Hibs get 5x more money from gate receipts than TV

JustSimplyHibs
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Sky have never said this mate. But like you I wouldn't be to bothered if they did. I read on here (I think so may be corrected) that Hibs get 5x more money from gate receipts than TV

Yeah i know they haven't publicly came out and said this bud however does anyone know their official stance?

An Old Firm game pulled in millions of viewers around the globe for SKY, on par with the top EPL games which is roughly 37 - 40 million viewers worldwide. I did read somewhere that the May 19th Edinburgh derby raked in 3 million more viewers than any old firm game has ever done for SKY, which is brilliant. Potenially if NewCo go to division 3, SKY will be without these figures for 3 to 5 years therefore in business terms for SKY, Scottish football is a waste of time and money to them, which is understandable.

Seriously next Friday, NewCo will be playing Division One football and i just pray to god that supporters from all clubs unite and stay away from the prof. game in Scotland and maybe take in some amatuer games up and down the country. Yes i know this will hurt clubs and maybe send some into administration but hey do we really want to be following a corrupt game?

Put it this way if it was any other club outside the Glasgow two they would be in Div 3 as we type and read!

Am with you, I couldnae give two f**** if they went as i think Scottish Football really needs to get it's house in order from the top of the prof. game to youth football...which is something the SFA should be more concerned with as we are slowly slipping to 100th worst nation in football terms...some folk might not like it but hey you want to be apart of a successful nation or a laughing stock that is just happy go with the flow like we are currently doing.

erin go bragh
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah i know they haven't publicly came out and said this bud however does anyone know their official stance?

An Old Firm game pulled in millions of viewers around the globe for SKY, on par with the top EPL games which is roughly 37 - 40 million viewers worldwide. I did read somewhere that the May 19th Edinburgh derby raked in 3 million more viewers than any old firm game has ever done for SKY, which is brilliant. Potenially if NewCo go to division 3, SKY will be without these figures for 3 to 5 years therefore in business terms for SKY, Scottish football is a waste of time and money to them, which is understandable.

Seriously next Friday, NewCo will be playing Division One football and i just pray to god that supporters from all clubs unite and stay away from the prof. game in Scotland and maybe take in some amatuer games up and down the country. Yes i know this will hurt clubs and maybe send some into administration but hey do we really want to be following a corrupt game?

Put it this way if it was any other club outside the Glasgow two they would be in Div 3 as we type and read!

Am with you, I couldnae give two f**** if they went as i think Scottish Football really needs to get it's house in order from the top of the prof. game to youth football...which is something the SFA should be more concerned with as we are slowly slipping to 100th worst nation in football terms...some folk might not like it but hey you want to be apart of a successful nation or a laughing stock that is just happy go with the flow like we are currently doing.

I follow hibs and will be at the leith san siro next season ,no matter what sfl league the new huns are in .

Hibs voted no and thats good enough for me .

Time for all hi bee's to get behind the team and drive us forward .

ggtth