PDA

View Full Version : NHC RVP not singing new Arsenal contract

Sean1875
04-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Breaking news on SSN. Disagrees with Wenger on the way Arsenal should move forward and will not be singing a new deal.

Sunny1875
04-07-2012, 04:27 PM
New challenge ....is he going to sign for Sevco ?

jgl07
04-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Breaking news on SSN. Disagrees with Wenger on the way Arsenal should move forward and will not be singing a new deal.

Is he going to make a song and dance about it?

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:29 PM
AVBs first big signing :agree:

Hainan Hibs
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
He's got one of those faces you would just not tire of smacking. I realise this has nothing to do with the thread topic, butit just makes me dislike the man :greengrin:

The Green Goblin
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Is he going to make a song and dance about it?

I think this means his relationship with the fans will end on a sour note.

.Sean.
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Rangers, done deal.

NAAAAAAAAAAAT

SteveHFC
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
He will end up signing for city

easty
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
He will end up signing for city

Where he'll win trophies, nae chance of winning anything good with arsenal.

Dinnae see how they can have any complaints, he's done well for them and wants to win trophies. Aye he'll get paid a lot when he moves but he wasn't on pennies, or working for his love for the club, at arsenal.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 04:47 PM
With an opportunity of finishing in the top 2 for the next few seasons, we should be going all out.

Hands in both back pockets Mr Petrie. :aok:

Ozyhibby
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Doubt him and Doyle would play well together, it's a no from me.

easty
04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
With an opportunity of finishing in the top 2 for the next few seasons, we should be going all out.

Hands in both back pockets Mr Petrie. :aok:

Nae rapists at Easter Road please Mr Petrie.

Sean1875
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Without RVPs goals last season Arsenal would have finished 16th. Pretty incredible, thought they'd have been doing absolutely everything in their power to keep him.

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Without RVPs goals last season Arsenal would have finished 16th. Pretty incredible, thought they'd have been doing absolutely everything in their power to keep him.

Im not having a go at you in particular, but these kind of stats are pretty meaningless.

Its not as if Arsenal would just have played with 10 men in all those games if they didnt have RVP.

Sean1875
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Im not having a go at you in particular, but these kind of stats are pretty meaningless.

Its not as if Arsenal would just have played with 10 men in all those games if they didnt have RVP.

Well, with Chamakh in his place they may aswell have been :greengrin

Monts
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Well, with Chamakh in his place they may aswell have been :greengrin

Point taken :greengrin

hfc rd
04-07-2012, 05:03 PM
No suprise. The guy wants to win trophies and that is something the gooners can't promise him.

Leishy1995
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sure he's exactly the kind of player PF should be looking at!
The tache should be licking his lips.

TomoHFC
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
if he goes to city he only be there for the money

Monts
04-07-2012, 05:13 PM

Not the trophies and guaranteed champions league then? :confused:

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM

You could say that about any player that goes to city.

RVP doesn't need the extra dosh and will be looking to win some silverware in his career, something that will never occur at makeanarseofitnal.

TomoHFC
04-07-2012, 05:28 PM

RVP doesn't need the extra dosh and will be looking to win some silverware in his career, something that will never occur at makeanarseofitnal.

yes he looking to win trophies but what i heard from sky sports that hes looking to get more money

ScottB
04-07-2012, 05:29 PM

You could say that about any player going anywhere to one extent or another.

He wants to win things, what are the club likeliest to be winning things in England? City.

HibbyAndy
04-07-2012, 05:30 PM
AVBs first big signing :agree:

:hilarious

Now why oh why would RVP sign for Arsenal's bitter rivals?.. It cant be for a step up in class as Spurs haven't finished above Arsenal for the past 16 seasons.

muzzhfc
04-07-2012, 05:31 PM
if we dont sign him up, Petrie HAS to go! FFS Petrie! get it sorted!!

HH81
04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
He will sign for another top 5 side. I predict it will be man city, Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool or Newcastle.

HibbyAndy
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
He will sign for another top 5 side. I predict it will be man city, Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool or Newcastle.

:hilarious

DAVE1875
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I love the song and dance Piers Morgan is making about it on Twitter. Saying stuff like Olivier Giroud & Lukas Podolski aren't good enough replacements. Last time I checked both Giroud & Podolski have won League Titles at their previous clubs. Arsenal have probably forgotten what the Premier league title looks like :faf:

Hibernia&Alba
04-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Fantastic player when fit, but his injury record is a risk and he's no spring chicken. Wherever he goes, he will be demanding huge money, and I would thin only Man City can afford to take that risk.

jgl07
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Since when were Liverpool a top-five side. They are not even a top-seven side!

The only two club who could afford RVP in England are Chelsea and City. That is unless the Manchester Tax Dodgers open the purse strings and pay him with EBTs based in the Cayman Islands.

Real Madrid might be interested. I can't see RVP fitting into the Barcelona style.

I would be surprised to see Bayern or any of the Italian clubs moving for RVP. Maybe City will sign RVP and sell Edin Dzeko to Bayern or Tevez to Real?

I suppose that Arsenal may opt to let him run his contract down but Wenger is tighter than Petrie on financial matters so that looks unlikely.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
As long as he stays in the prem I'll be happy...

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I read somewhere recently he said his family are nicely settled in london, and his kids love the school they are at.

Maybe Chelsea would be favorites if they are interested?

Aldo
05-07-2012, 07:02 AM
I read somewhere recently he said his family are nicely settled in london, and his kids love the school they are at.

Maybe Chelsea would be favorites if they are interested?

Maybe BH but have a sneaky feeling he's
Manchester bound. Would be a good foil for Rooney at Man U.

Just_Jimmy
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
This is a player who is leaving a club who have shown him fantastic loyalty through injury after injury.

They made him captain last season and in return he's given them 1/2 excellent seasons in 8 years.

Now he wants to leave for more money/to win things.

2 points;

1) on a hibs board why are we discussing which team will take him or where he'll go to win things like hes a saint? He's a higher profile version of the cash grabbers that left us to go west season after season. Arsenal are a proper club run financially sound and they are being left behind by club throwing around 'false' money.

2) why do we accept RVP (an employee) has a right to demand the club is run in a way he agrees with?

It wouldn't happen in any other work place - go into work tomorrow and try ot and see?

easty
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
This is a player who is leaving a club who have shown him fantastic loyalty through injury after injury.

They made him captain last season and in return he's given them 1/2 excellent seasons in 8 years.

Now he wants to leave for more money/to win things.

2 points;

1) on a hibs board why are we discussing which team will take him or where he'll go to win things like hes a saint? He's a higher profile version of the cash grabbers that left us to go west season after season. Arsenal are a proper club run financially sound and they are being left behind by club throwing around 'false' money.

2) why do we accept RVP (an employee) has a right to demand the club is run in a way he agrees with?

It wouldn't happen in any other work place - go into work tomorrow and try ot and see?

If Arsenal can take him from Feyenoord why can't a bigger team take him from Arsenal? Career progression you could call it. He owes Arsenal nothing.

Just_Jimmy
05-07-2012, 01:17 PM
If Arsenal can take him from Feyenoord why can't a bigger team take him from Arsenal? Career progression you could call it. He owes Arsenal nothing.

Did Arsenal pay a transfer fee? (I'm asking because I don't know).

Did Scott Brown/Kevin Thomson et al 'owe us nothing'? If a club nurtures a play through numerous injuries and develops them as a player, which arsenal have done in this case, then surely they do owe them something. Even if it is simply to help the club get the highest fee possible if they want to leave.

I am not an Arsenal fan btw, I just hate how we moan at other clubs for taking our players yet we'll sit and discuss higher profile players doing the same thing. RVP criticised his company and boss in public when he made comments about how the club was run, in no other walk of life would he get away with that.

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Signs new 5 year deal!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/van-persie

HH81
08-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Signs new 5 year deal!

He has signed for the champions :agree:

It's not April 1st :wink:

.Sean.
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Signs new 5 year deal!

Fail.

Keith_M
08-07-2012, 03:26 PM
RVP not singing new Arsenal contract

Maybe he doesn't know the tune

:dunno:

Bostonhibby
08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I love the song and dance Piers Morgan is making about it on Twitter. Saying stuff like Olivier Giroud & Lukas Podolski aren't good enough replacements. Last time I checked both Giroud & Podolski have won League Titles at their previous clubs. Arsenal have probably forgotten what the Premier league title looks like :faf:

Gooners got them both as there was no competition for their signatures from the bigger clubs that Arsenal are potentially able to compete with because of their turnover / profitability but don't because the nett profit they make on that turnover is enjoyed but their biggest shareholders and services the stadium debts interest rates. The only way is down whilst this model is in place. The moneys flowing in no doubt about it. One Arsenal fan I know says the FC in their title stands for financial corporation!

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Why sign for a small club lacking all history when you can stay at a big club like Arsenal? Oh aye, money. Good idea.

Iggy Pope
08-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Juventus it must be then.

Iggy Pope
08-07-2012, 06:18 PM

That had me laaaaaaughing!
Almost as funny as following Piers Morgan on Twitter!

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2012, 06:25 PM
If he leaves Arsenal, he either goes to Manchester City and becomes another piece in the Saudi oil money jigsaw, Chelsea to become another piece in the Russian mafia jigsaw, or Manchester United to become another Berbatov. He should retain his hero status at Arsenal or move abroad, IMO.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
So Arsenal nurse him through 5 or 6 injury hit years, he has a couple of really good seasons and decides he can dictate how the club should be run.

I'm not in the least surprised as loyalty has long been dead in football but its no wonder fans feel more and more isolated from players these days.

VickMackie
08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
He is hardly deciding how the club is run.

Ive not read any statements but I guess he's asked for real quality as he doesn't have time to wait year after year for talent to develop the see them piss off.

He's making the correct career move. Irrespective of money.

Would you rather play with Aguero, or benzemas, Of the world and win titles or podolski and nothing!

Pretty Boy
20-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Man Utd make £15M bid.

Could see a Manchester bidding war I think.

Winston Ingram
20-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Man Utd make £15M bid.

Could see a Manchester bidding war I think.

Doubt he'll go for £15m

I dunno how this will pan out. Nasri went for £20m but he is still very young.

He's said he can't see himself playing for another English Club and if Arse sold another player to City it'd be carnage. Barca, Milan & Inter are skint. Juve are interested but I can't seem them having the cash. Madrid's budget seems to be going on Modric and PSG have just signed Ibrahimovic

HH81
20-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Why would you sign for man u when man city are better? Got to go with city. Makes sence.

the_ginger_hibee
20-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Why would you sign for man u when man city are better? Got to go with city. Makes sence.

:agree:

If he stays in England, it's got to be with City.

More cash, more success and playing with half his old mates.

VickMackie
20-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I think it'll be city but hope man u.

YehButNoBut
20-07-2012, 12:29 PM
According to this Man Utd have not made a bid and RVP looking to move to City.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3253765/van-persie-pulls-out-of-arsenal-tour-to-force-manchester

Pretty Boy
20-07-2012, 12:32 PM
According to this Man Utd have not made a bid and RVP looking to move to City.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3253765/van-persie-pulls-out-of-arsenal-tour-to-force-manchester

According the Beeb Arsenal have rejected 3 bids from United, City and Juventus, each of around £15M. Reckon he'll go for about £20M - £25M considering he only has a year left on his contract.

Macaroon
20-07-2012, 02:28 PM
So Arsenal nurse him through 5 or 6 injury hit years, he has a couple of really good seasons and decides he can dictate how the club should be run.

I'm not in the least surprised as loyalty has long been dead in football but its no wonder fans feel more and more isolated from players these days.

It's not everyone. Buffon took a 2 Million euro wage cut at Juventus in order to stay there when they were relegated for match fixing.

That's loyalty :agree:

jgl07
20-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Doubt he'll go for £15m

I dunno how this will pan out. Nasri went for £20m but he is still very young.

He's said he can't see himself playing for another English Club and if Arse sold another player to City it'd be carnage. Barca, Milan & Inter are skint. Juve are interested but I can't seem them having the cash. Madrid's budget seems to be going on Modric and PSG have just signed Ibrahimovic

I cannot see anyone paying much over £15 million for a player approaching 29 with a dodgy injury record who is in the last year of his contract. Arsenal will have the option of hanging on to him and letting him go on a free in 12 months time or for a nominal fee in the January window.

I am not sure if he would be a good signing for City as either Dzeko or Tevez would have to go. United will not pay silly sums for someone who will have no real sell on potential as a four year contract would take him to 33.

Juventus seems to best bet unless Chelsea step in?

Sean1875
15-08-2012, 06:23 PM
SSN just tweeted that Man Utd and Arsenal have agreed a fee for the transfer of RVP.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Transfer agreed subject to medical. Good signing fro United, but he needs to be fit, which is never guaranteed with Van Persie.

Two very good signings with him and Kagawa, but United still need another central midfielder if they're to win back the league

Spike Mandela
15-08-2012, 06:29 PM
SSN just tweeted that Man Utd and Arsenal have agreed a fee for the transfer of RVP.

As someone with a soft spot for Arsenal I would imagine Arsenal fans will go ape****. Wenger better have good replacements for the team next season.

Sean1875
15-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Fee of around £24 million :dizzy:

Aldo
15-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Fee of around £24 million :dizzy:

An absolute bargain if you ask me.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2012, 06:36 PM
As someone with a soft spot for Arsenal I would imagine Arsenal fans will go ape****. Wenger better have good replacements for the team next season.

Arsenal have made 3 great signings this summer.

They should have been to supplement Van Persie though not replace him. Sadly for Arsenal the player has put them in a position by going public. It's either sell him now for a decent fee or have a discontented player who's a boo boy for the fans leave for nowt next summer.

EdinMike
15-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Berbatov got a new team yet !?

Gotta feel sorry for the likes of Macheda, Bébé, hell even Wellbeck !? If Rooney and RVP stay fit all season and you assume Hernandez is back up it's loan season for them or sit about a bench !

But, I couldn't care less, Mon the Shakers ! :agree:

HH81
15-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Poor decision to go to a club on the decline.

SMAXXA
15-08-2012, 07:15 PM

Disagree, if they add one or 2 signings of this quality they will be here and there abouts for all major trophies IMO

Onceinawhile
15-08-2012, 07:17 PM

How do you figure man u are on the decline? I'm not a fan but they've brought in kagawa and rvp and only really lost park. I think they still need at least another midfielder, but would say they have improved.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 07:23 PM
How do you figure man u are on the decline? I'm not a fan but they've brought in kagawa and rvp and only really lost park. I think they still need at least another midfielder, but would say they have improved.

And Vidic will be back, plus Cleverley, and maybe even Fletcher soon. De Gea has settled in now, and the young lads like Smalling and Jones are a year more experienced. The signs are good, but I agree another another central midfielder is required. United should go for someone like Schweinsteiger.

lapsedhibee
15-08-2012, 07:30 PM

:agree: If Fergie retires anytime soon they could struggle to stay in the top four.

Haymaker
15-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Here we go! .net 2012/13 city v united argument!

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Welcome Robby!

GGMU

HH81
15-08-2012, 07:34 PM
GGMU

:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2012, 07:36 PM
:confused:

Glory, Glory Man United.

frazeHFC
15-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Poor move, if he had any ambition he would have gone to a big Spannish club, or City.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Potentially a fantastic signing for United, it will be interesting to see if van Persie can repeat the season he had last year though.

Could be the difference between them getting their title back and City winning two in a row. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Potentially a fantastic signing for United, it will be interesting to see if van Persie can repeat the season he had last year though.

Could be the difference between them getting their title back and City winning two in a row. :agree:

Awww, two in a row.

How cute :blushie:

Sylar
15-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Bit of a no win situation for him really. People would have been questioning his ambition if he turned down someone like Man Utd to stay at an Arsenal side which annually flatters to deceive. On the flip side, they've made some good signings this year and would have been a stronger challenge for the title than they have been of late, particularly if he had stayed.

City haven't strengthened a great deal (though I concede, in the wake of the Euros and then Olympics, I haven't been paying the fullest of attention to comings and goings down south?) and United have brought in a few quality players with no substantial losses. I do fancy United to take the title this year now but a bit like when Rangers strengthened to snatch the title back from Celtc and vice versa, I don't have any invested interest either way.

At £24 million, considering the fees paid for Torres and Carroll last season, it really is good business by United IMO :agree: (in a relative sense).

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 07:49 PM

You could well be right. RVP is a tremendous player but it's whether he can stay fit all season. It's likely the Manchester clubs will take the top two again, and it might even go to the wire again. I'm surprised City have been quiet in the transfer market thus far. I expected to them to spend big again and push home the advantage.

the stig
15-08-2012, 07:50 PM
And Vidic will be back, plus Cleverley, and maybe even Fletcher soon. De Gea has settled in now, and the young lads like Smalling and Jones are a year more experienced. The signs are good, but I agree another another central midfielder is required. United should go for someone like Schweinsteiger.

Schweinsteiger wont leave bayern. He said so after the champions league final.

Sean1875
15-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Will be interesting to see if he turns into a 'Torres-like' player following his big move :agree:

lucky
15-08-2012, 07:52 PM
He will be a great signing. Rooney and RVP as starters with Welbeck and Hernandez as back up. Some forward line.

HH81
15-08-2012, 07:53 PM
You could well be right. RVP is a tremendous player but it's whether he can stay fit all season. It's likely the Manchester clubs will take the top two again, and it might even go to the wire again. I'm surprised City have been quiet in the transfer market thus far. I expected to them to spend big again and push home the advantage.

I think Chelsea might split the Manchester clubs this season with Man u hanging onto 3rd place.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Chelsea might split the Manchester clubs this season with Man u hanging onto 3rd place.

Whilst the prospect no doubt fills you with joy ,I really don't see it. They've lost Drogba and paid big money for a couple of young lads untested in the EPL. I think they'll finish top four.

United will be stronger than last season, City will be a more settled team but now have the pressure of being champions, where everyone wants to beat you each week. It's one of two again for my money.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Bit of a no win situation for him really. People would have been questioning his ambition if he turned down someone like Man Utd to stay at an Arsenal side which annually flatters to deceive. On the flip side, they've made some good signings this year and would have been a stronger challenge for the title than they have been of late, particularly if he had stayed.

City haven't strengthened a great deal (though I concede, in the wake of the Euros and then Olympics, I haven't been paying the fullest of attention to comings and goings down south?) and United have brought in a few quality players with no substantial losses. I do fancy United to take the title this year now but a bit like when Rangers strengthened to snatch the title back from Celtc and vice versa, I don't have any invested interest either way.

At £24 million, considering the fees paid for Torres and Carroll last season, it really is good business by United IMO :agree: (in a relative sense).

They haven't strengthened at all so far.

In fact, Mancini came out a few days ago, spitting his dummy out at the lack of activity down at Eastlands this summer.

I'm sure the Sheikhs will have loved that!

HH81
15-08-2012, 08:14 PM

In fact, Mancini came out a few days ago, spitting his dummy out at the lack of activity down at Eastlands this summer.

Do you think on paper Man u have the better squad now then :confused:

Sylar
15-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Didn't they sign Jack Rodwell? I'm aware he's still young, but he was pretty impressive for Everton last season :agree:

frazeHFC
15-08-2012, 08:38 PM
McGowan getting booed :thumbsup:

Oops wrong thread

Sir David Gray
15-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Didn't they sign Jack Rodwell? I'm aware he's still young, but he was pretty impressive for Everton last season :agree:

:doh: Aye.

Well apart from him, they've not signed anyone! :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
15-08-2012, 09:01 PM
De Gea

Jones-Vidic-Smalling-Baines?

Kagawa-Carrick

Valencia-Rooney-Nank
RVP

GREAT team.

sambajustice
15-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I dont think its that bad for Arsenal, he's 30, one year left on his contract and Arsenal are getting £24m!!!

He's regularly injured with last season probably being his best ever season. Last season probably wont be replicated!

Good business by Wenger I think and can probably bring in another 2 or 3 players with the money gained and wags saved. Wenger isnt a balloon in my opinion.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Do you think on paper Man u have the better squad now then :confused:

I think it's very even, as last season showed.

I think City still have the slightly better squad if I'm being honest but that's only on paper. It's all about how both squads can manage to gel and I would never bet against Manchester Utd winning league titles.

derek0762
15-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Welcome to United RVP GGMU :-))

PISTOL1875
15-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it's very even, as last season showed.

I think City still have the slightly better squad if I'm being honest but that's only on paper. It's all about how both squads can manage to gel and I would never bet against Manchester Utd winning league titles.

If Boaby Manc can get another center half in then he will be pleased and then City can go with that.. Mind you , Rodwell can play in midfield or at the back if needed so its not too bad..

McKenzie
15-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Don't see how United need another cm tbh - Cleverly, Carrick, Kagawa, Fletcher returning, Scholes, Giggs - the list goes on. Anyway, 10/1 for RVP top scorer will do me

hfc rd
15-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Really surprised why folk are saying united are no longer a big club and are a team in decline and will be lucky to finish in the top 4, nevermind compete with city for the league?

FFS, they lost the league title with the last kick of the ball on goal difference to the richest club in the league who invested billions. They had the biggest amount of injuries in the league than any other team with their captain Vidic out at a crucial stage. Do you think united would have lost some of those goals at newcastle, blackburn and everton last season with him and rio at the back? I dont think so. Also Fletcher out with a serious condition that could have seen him retire from football for good. Plus cleverley who was playing fantastic in the midfield before damaging his knee in the Bolton match and being on the sidelines for a large period when he was on top form and had been called up to the national side. Do you think city would run away with the league if Kompany, yaya, silva, aguero etc were out for a large period of time?

HH81
16-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Really surprised why folk are saying united are no longer a big club and are a team in decline and will be lucky to finish in the top 4, nevermind compete with city for the league?

FFS, they lost the league title with the last kick of the ball on goal difference to the richest club in the league who invested billions. They had the biggest amount of injuries in the league than any other team with their captain Vidic out at a crucial stage. Do you think united would have lost some of those goals at newcastle, blackburn and everton last season with him and rio at the back? I dont think so. Also Fletcher out with a serious condition that could have seen him retire from football for good. Plus cleverley who was playing fantastic in the midfield before damaging his knee in the Bolton match and being on the sidelines for a large period when he was on top form and had been called up to the national side. Do you think city would run away with the league if Kompany, yaya, silva, aguero etc were out for a large period of time?

Do Man U do the same thing or is that ok as they have done it for years :confused:

hfc rd
16-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Do Man U do the same thing or is that ok as they have done it for years :confused:

What do you mean? They haven't spent an awful load of cash. I can't remember them spending nearly £100 odd million in a season for players. They have one of the lowest net spend in the league. Nowhere near the amount of cash spent on players like city and Chelsea have spent in the last 2-3 seasons.

Hibs90
16-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Poor from RVP, Poor from the Arsenal board.

Selling once again to a rival.

lapsedhibee
16-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Not sure that they consider themselves rivals to Manchester C and Manchester U at the moment. I think they may be treading water for another couple of years till the Emirates is paid up and will then try to compete properly for EPL title.

Watched their friendly against Cologne at the weekend and they looked a much better team first half with Cazorla/Podolski/Giroud on the pitch than second half with last year's RVP-centric formation, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans oot this season.

easty
16-08-2012, 10:58 AM
What do you mean? They haven't spent an awful load of cash. I can't remember them spending nearly £100 odd million in a season for players. They have one of the lowest net spend in the league. Nowhere near the amount of cash spent on players like city and Chelsea have spent in the last 2-3 seasons.

Aye, Man Utd never spend any money...:rolleyes:

Let's look at the team posted by WUP (I dont think that'll be how they line up, but regardless)

De Gea

Jones-Vidic-Smalling-Baines?

Kagawa-Carrick

Valencia-Rooney-Nank
RVP

GREAT team.

De Gea £17m
Jones £16.5m
Vidic £7m
Smalling £10m
Baines (not signed) so Evra £5.5m
Kagawa £17m
Carrick £14m
Valencia £16m
Rooney £25m
Nani £20m
Van Persie £24m

I've just took those prices from Wikipedia, but I'd imagine they're close enought to being correct.

And that's leaving out the cheap signings of Ferdinand and Berbatov.

Speedy
16-08-2012, 12:13 PM

I disagree. If you switch it round, would you pay £24m, plus wages, to have Van Persie there for 1 season.

I wouldn't, especially when he doesn't want to be there.

J-C
16-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Aye, Man Utd never spend any money...:rolleyes:

Let's look at the team posted by WUP (I dont think that'll be how they line up, but regardless)

De Gea £17m ( real value £10m )
Jones £16.5m ( £7m )
Vidic £7m ( steal )
Smalling £10m ( £5m )
Baines (not signed) so Evra £5.5m
Kagawa £17m ( £10 m )
Carrick £14m ( £8m )
Valencia £16m ( £8m )
Rooney £25m
Nani £20m ( £12m )
Van Persie £24m ( £15m )

I've just took those prices from Wikipedia, but I'd imagine they're close enought to being correct.

And that's leaving out the cheap signings of Ferdinand and Berbatov.

Generally Man U will buy a marquee signing every year with possibly another couple reasonable also, with the over inflated prices this past 2-3 years the real spend is becoming ridiculous. What Man U do is no more than any other very large club, but this past few seasons they've been left behind, paying over inflated prices for British players not worth half the money.

I've put what I think these players would've been sold for if it hadn't been to Man U, prices are always hiked up when selling to the larger clubs, always been the case.

frazeHFC
16-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Great post easty. Very expensive team that. Not really spent ridiculous prices, but still spent a lot.

jgl07
16-08-2012, 01:36 PM
What do you mean? They haven't spent an awful load of cash. I can't remember them spending nearly £100 odd million in a season for players. They have one of the lowest net spend in the league.

Are you serious?

Man United have been breaking transfer records since they signed Denis Law from Torino for £100,000 in the early 1960s.

They spend £34 million on Rio Ferdinand 10 years ago and £19 million for van Nistelroy 11 years ago, not to mention £7 million on Andy Cole in 1995. Then there was Rooney (£26 million for a 20 year old), Carrick (£19 million), Berbatov (£30 million), Young (£20 million) Jones (£16.5 million), Nani (£20 million), and Valencia (£16 million) to name only a few.

More dubious deals were for Veron (£28 million), and Bébé at £7.5 million! Bébé had played a grand total of 26 matches in the Portugese Second Division and signed on a free to a First Division Club but never played for them before being sold to United. He played 2 league matches for United before being sent on loan to Turkey.

After adjusting for the impact on inflation United have certainly outspent City over the last 10 years.

500miles
16-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Great post easty. Very expensive team that. Not really spent ridiculous prices, but still spent a lot.
The difference is, United spent that over a prolonged period of time. Rooney's transfer was well before Man City started throwing money about, and is on that list. It's not comparable. Spending £100 million + over the course of 5 or 6 years is nothing like the manufactured success story of spending well over £300 - 400 million in 3 or 4 years.

It's the difference between buying a team and building one.

jgl07
16-08-2012, 03:05 PM
An absolute bargain if you ask me.

I think it was rather too high for an injury prone 29 year old who will have next to no resale value at the end of his contract. The total package including wages comes to £50 million.

It will be value if he can stay fit and keep his form from last season.

hfc rd
16-08-2012, 03:34 PM
The difference is, United spent that over a prolonged period of time. Rooney's transfer was well before Man City started throwing money about, and is on that list. It's not comparable. Spending £100 million + over the course of 5 or 6 years is nothing like the manufactured success story of spending well over £300 - 400 million in 3 or 4 years.

Hit the nail right on the head. Top post.

hibsbollah
16-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Great bit of business by Wenger. Out goes one 29 year old injury prone striker coming off an admittedly career best season but unlikely to get much better. In come three younger, very highly rated attacking players.

Tynie01011973
16-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Hit the nail right on the head. Top post.

It seems some of the ABU posters on this website seem to think that Manchester United have been the only team who have gone out and bought players over the last few years
thereby securing numerous titles due to their unfathomable wealth which has prevented other teams from competing fairly with the nasty Mancs. :rolleyes:

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/03/29/the-staggering-disparities-of-the-premier-league-top-10-by-net-s/

The truth is that spending in the EPL has rocketed with virtually all clubs forking out fees that would have been seen as obscene a few years ago.....part of the reason is down to the clubs overpricing players as they know clubs have the money from the TV deals.

Unsurprisingly, Manchester City are waaayy ahaead in the spending spree as they have assembled their squad over a short 2-3 season period - but Man Utd [6th in table] Net Spend over the last 5 years is barely 11% of the monies spent by City.

Man Utd have over the years paid large fees to sign selected individuals but this has tended to be done over a period of time rather than signing 5+ players each season
- someone mentioned Wayne Rooney being signed for £26m for a 20 year old - well he was 17yo who has more than repaid that fee over the 7-8 seasons he has been at OT - contrast that with Andy Carroll for £35m - so other teams are paying vast sums for players...some clubs do it wiser than others :greengrin

EdinMike
16-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I'll throw my coin in the hat...

I think it'll be a Torres situation all over again ! Now let me bookmark this so I can say "I telt ya so :na na:" next year !

:greengrin

Eyrie
16-08-2012, 07:00 PM

I'll add that Man Utd have earned the money that they spent through being a successful club on the pitch and commercially astute off it, whilst Man City owe it all to the largesse of a sugar daddy with no interest in the club until he decided to buy it.

HH81
16-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Are man u not the club in the most debt in the premier league?

Wotherspiniesta
16-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Glory, glory Man United!

Glory, glory Man United.

Glory, glory Man United.

As the Reds go marching on on on!!

SMAXXA
16-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Glory, glory Man United!

Glory, glory Man United.

Glory, glory Man United.

As the Reds go marching on on on!!

First post of yours I've agreed with ha

As for folk saying its a great piece of business from wenger etc, a 29 year old bla bla, he is one of the best players around who single handedly carried arsenal last season. I wil go as far as saying that I bet he gets 20 plus goals and. Utd will win the league.

Add another 1 or 2 and they will be laughing.

Another torres ha come on.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2012, 09:16 PM
First post of yours I've agreed with ha

As for folk saying its a great piece of business from wenger etc, a 29 year old bla bla, he is one of the best players around who single handedly carried arsenal last season. I wil go as far as saying that I bet he gets 20 plus goals and. Utd will win the league.

Add another 1 or 2 and they will be laughing.

Another torres ha come on.:faf:

hfc rd
16-08-2012, 09:35 PM
:faf:

You take his goals out from last season and arsenal would have finished in the bottom mid-table. About 16th.

Take nothing away. They have signed some decent players. Podolski, cazorla, giroud. But in the middle of the park they look pretty weak especially if they sell song to barca and also wilshere has been out for over a year and they definitely need to use that RVP cash on bringing in a quality midfielder.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2012, 10:21 PM
It seems some of the ABU posters on this website seem to think that Manchester United have been the only team who have gone out and bought players over the last few years
thereby securing numerous titles due to their unfathomable wealth which has prevented other teams from competing fairly with the nasty Mancs. :rolleyes:

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/03/29/the-staggering-disparities-of-the-premier-league-top-10-by-net-s/

The truth is that spending in the EPL has rocketed with virtually all clubs forking out fees that would have been seen as obscene a few years ago.....part of the reason is down to the clubs overpricing players as they know clubs have the money from the TV deals.

Unsurprisingly, Manchester City are waaayy ahaead in the spending spree as they have assembled their squad over a short 2-3 season period - but Man Utd [6th in table] Net Spend over the last 5 years is barely 11% of the monies spent by City.

Man Utd have over the years paid large fees to sign selected individuals but this has tended to be done over a period of time rather than signing 5+ players each season
- someone mentioned Wayne Rooney being signed for £26m for a 20 year old - well he was 17yo who has more than repaid that fee over the 7-8 seasons he has been at OT - contrast that with Andy Carroll for £35m - so other teams are paying vast sums for players...some clubs do it wiser than others :greengrin

Excellent post there, well researched and analysed.

Past five seasons's net spend - City £430 million, United ( pre RVP ) £47 million. Arsenal £31 million profit.

With wages and other costs, Sheikh Mansoor has put £910 million of his own money into City. During the Same period, the Glazers have taken £550 million out of United in debt re-payments, interest charges and money to the family.

Yet City still only won the league with the last kick of the season. Fergie has done brilliantly to keep United in the mix under the parasites that are the Glazer family.

All comes down to whose money you're spending. Every club would love to have owners like Mansoor or Abramovich, but, as the saying goes, you can only pish wae the c**k you've got.

LeighLoyal
16-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Berbatov on his way to Zenit. Chicah should probably move on also, I'm surprised Arsenal did not make him part of the RVP deal.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2012, 10:50 PM
You can always rely on a Hitler video. This one is good, though a parental warning for industrial language is required.

http://youtu.be/xCWQ1vWVErU

HH81
17-08-2012, 05:36 AM
I'm just pleased our glory hunters on the board have got over becoming Manchester's 2nd team and hope you all get to your first ever game this season.

Been to old Trafford few times if any of you need some help on where to eat, best toliets etc.

hibsbollah
17-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Berbatov on his way to Zenit. Chicah should probably move on also, I'm surprised Arsenal did not make him part of the RVP deal.

Berbatov is a wonderful player, just never seemed to fit into Surraleks plans.

RickyS
17-08-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm just pleased our glory hunters on the board have got over becoming Manchester's 2nd team and hope you all get to your first ever game this season.

Been to old Trafford few times if any of you need some help on where to eat, best toliets etc.

:top marks

Hainan Hibs
17-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Jesus Christ, the EPL hasn't even started and .net has a bore-a-thon thread full of the usual armchair fans

:fenlon

:giruy:

lapsedhibee
17-08-2012, 08:42 AM
You take his goals out from last season and arsenal would have finished in the bottom mid-table. About 16th.

By this logic if Rooney, who also scored a bucketload of goals last season, had been badly injured in the first game of the season and had missed the whole campaign, Manchester U would have finished out of the top four. Do you really think that would have happened? :dunno:

J-C
17-08-2012, 09:10 AM

I already know thanks, my lad was a season ticket holder up until this season ( now a daddy :greengrin ) was at a European game with him last year. :greengrin

calumhibee1
17-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Never understood how people can be so interested in clubs from another country. I'd happily see Arsenal, who I'd say are my favourite English team, going bust to see Hibs score one goal. Some folk almost seem as into there English team as Hibs though which I find bizarre. Each to there own I suppose.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Never understood how people can be so interested in clubs from another country. I'd happily see Arsenal, who I'd say are my favourite English team, going bust to see Hibs score one goal. Some folk almost seem as into there English team as Hibs though which I find bizarre. Each to there own I suppose.

There's a couple that are massively into it. The rest are at the wind up and they all know it.

I'm same as you, I quite like Man Utd because I wanted to support a 'good' English team at school. Nowadays I still look out for their result or watch on sky but I wouldn't pay money to go to Old Trafford or if they lose it doesn't bother me, a Hibs defeat can piss me off for the whole weekend and beyond.

hfc rd
17-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I was born and raised in Manchester and was brought up to support united. I moved to Edinburgh when I was five and had no clue about hibs. My mates at primary wanted me to adopt hibs as my favourite scottish team. I had my first season ticket at ER in 05 until this year as I have now moved back to Manchester because I have a job down there plus got my first ever united season ticket.

So basically, to call me a gloryhunter is pretty wide of the mark as like I said I was born down there and was raised to support united.

Lmc2105
17-08-2012, 10:40 AM
£200,000 a week for a football player who is just about to reach 30, I love football, But c'mon get a grip with the wages!

(Sorry should put reported £200,000 a week on a 4 year deal)

lucky
17-08-2012, 11:25 AM
He is a great signing. But £200k a week is some money. Rooney and RVP is the best forward line in the league. He Could be the difference between United winning the league or finishing second

jgl07
17-08-2012, 11:35 AM
By this logic if Rooney, who also scored a bucketload of goals last season, had been badly injured in the first game of the season and had missed the whole campaign, Manchester U would have finished out of the top four. Do you really think that would have happened? :dunno:

This time last year people were saying much the same about Carlos Tevez and Man City. He had been far and away City's top scorer for the previous two seasons (20 out of 60 and 23 out of 73). He arrived back from international duty at the start of the season unfit and seemingly looking for a transfer. The suggestions were that City would struggle without his goals.

In the event he was AWOL for most of the season but Aguero, Dzeko and Ballotelli more than made up for Tevez's absence.

Hibs90
17-08-2012, 11:39 AM
He is a great signing. But £200k a week is some money. Rooney and RVP is the best forward line in the league. He Could be the difference between United winning the league or finishing second

Disagree, Aguero & Tevez or Torres & Hazard might have something to say.