PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen's New Wingers

hibee92
04-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Hate the whole "we've missed out on a player" talk but IMO I wish we had signed this guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18706841?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

Apologies if already posted...

sambajustice
04-07-2012, 11:44 AM
We should maybe make enquiries about the Derry Pelé because he's getting next to no game time these days...

PatHead
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Hate the whole "we've missed out on a player" talk but IMO I wish we had signed this guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18706841?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

Apologies if already posted...

May be a not bad player but his scoring record for Brentford wasn't exactly prolific. Not that sad we missed out on him. Sure PF will have someone lined up.

frazeHFC
04-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Definately missed out! Hayes and McGinn, Aberdeen are going to be very strong.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 12:06 PM

Aberdeen are as deep in the mire as us, probably deeper. Very strong? Only if they sign a lot more players of better quality than those two.

frazeHFC
04-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Aberdeen are as deep in the mire as us, probably deeper. Very strong? Only if they sign a lot more players of better quality than those two.

Ok very strong is a bit exaggerated, but with those 2 on the wing i think it will make a huge difference for them. I'd have done anything for us to get them!

The Sea-gull
04-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Actually quite jealous they have signed McGinn as well as Hayes. They have addressed what was problem areas for them last season - they would have probably beat us in the semi if they had played out and out wingers to provide service for their big strikers - as they did not appear to have any proper wingers on their books.

Signal of intent from Brown as to how they will play next season? Think Hayes plays on the right and McGinn on the left?

These are the sort of standard of players I would hope we will be in for. Getting Dean Shiels plus one or two other creative players would be good.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Actually quite jealous they have signed McGinn as well as Hayes. They have addressed what was problem areas for them last season - they would have probably beat us in the semi if they had played out and out wingers to provide service for their big strikers - as they did not appear to have any proper wingers on their books.

Signal of intent from Brown as to how they will play next season? Think Hayes plays on the right and McGinn on the left?

These are the sort of standard of players I would hope we will be in for. Getting Dean Shiels plus one or two other creative players would be good.

Neither are world beaters but good, solid signings.

Let's hope we can better them.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
I can see them having a far improved season ahead of them.

Lets just hope we are well prepared for the challenge.

With Rangers out on there erse now, we should really be trying to push as far up the table as we can.

Hainan Hibs
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Two good signings, hopefully Pat can sign better.

heretoday
04-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I wonder how Aberdeen would have got on in the final had they beaten us.

Stevie Reid
04-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Good signings on paper, but then I remember being excited about us signing Morais and O'Brien.

Let's see what happens.

yeezus.
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Speaking to a few Aberdeen fans and they reckon that this season CB will have to try and be a bit more attacking anyway - Hayes and McGinn will help. They've been very boring to watch the last couple of seasons.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I think wee kujabi would make a decent winger as he is a horrendous defender

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 02:12 PM

The team getting the pumping would be in red shirts instead of green ones.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Hearts would have still probably won I think.

But confident that it wouldn't have been 5-1 as they would have still at least turned up for the game.

hibee92
04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Ok very strong is a bit exaggerated, but with those 2 on the wing i think it will make a huge difference for them. I'd have done anything for us to get them!

Have to agree. A big lad like Fallon will be creaming himself at having those two on the wings.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Hearts would have still probably won I think.

But confident that it wouldn't have been 5-1 as they would have still at least turned up for the game.

Like they turned up for the semi final you mean?

truehibernian
04-07-2012, 02:31 PM

We had a strikeforce of Derek, Stokes, Nish and Benji - yet we still conceded 5 v St J, 4 at Hamilton, 4 at home v Utd.

Aberdeen may have a stronger front line next season, but they are weaker in midfield and at the back. They will continue to struggle in my opinion as Brown is very defensively minded as a coach even when he has options. Bottom 6 again for me.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Anything is a bit exaggerated too surely? I wouldn't swap both of them for McPake for example.

Two good to average wingers, Hayes done okay in the SPL, McGinn done nothing.

Lets's see where we all are at the end of the window.

I tend to think that anyone who agrees to go to Aberdeen can't have been a target of ours unless it's been some boyhood dream of theirs.

The Sea-gull
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM

Logic says they would have lost as it would be Top 6 v Bottom 6 albeit a better bottom 6 side than us but still murder none the less.

Doubt they would have lost 5-1 but they might have done if they had been reduced to 10 men just after half time. If any yams are reading this, not saying going down to 10 with half a game to play was why we lost but definitely think it was why we lost 5-1 rather than say 3-1.

Hibiza
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
dont worry, just sheep.

hibee92
04-07-2012, 03:07 PM
We had a strikeforce of Derek, Stokes, Nish and Benji - yet we still conceded 5 v St J, 4 at Hamilton, 4 at home v Utd.

Aberdeen may have a stronger front line next season, but they are weaker in midfield and at the back. They will continue to struggle in my opinion as Brown is very defensively minded as a coach even when he has options. Bottom 6 again for me.

Agree with this also. I'm easy pleased.

hibee92
04-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Agree with this also. I'm easy pleased.

:agree:

easty
04-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Niall McGinn is nowt special. He was pretty poor at Celtic whenever I saw him play. Dinnae see how putting him into a worse team is going to make him look a better player.

Hayes will be a good signing for them though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Two full backs that are able to tackle and push up the pitch would snuff out these two in an Aberdeen team. Although they are decent players, they are far from the missing pieces of the jigsaw that will turn the Dons into a top six side, never mind better.

HibbyAndy
04-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Two very very good signing's.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Like they turned up for the semi final you mean?

That game could have went either way, neither team were any great shakes.

But I reckon they would have put up a better fight in the final than we did, as we seem to have a natural tendency to cowar against Hearts whenever we play them.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM

But I reckon they would have put up a better fight in the final than we did, as we seem to have a natural tendency to cowar against Hearts whenever we play them.

What happened in the final was more to do with them having better players than us in nearly every position coupled with an outrageous refereeing decision which turned deserved defeat in to a hammering. Aberdeen were every bit as poor as us last year so there is no evidence to suggest they would have done any better. I hate this tendency of bigging up other clubs whilst doing ourselves down. The green cringe too many of our fans indulge in has to go .

Franck Stanton
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Just my opinion but you could have got 10 supporters from the crowd [along with McPake] and they woulod have put up more of a fight in the final. We had 10 imposters that day and I for one dont want any of them back in a green strip again.

SMAXXA
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM
How can you turn a thread about 2 new signings for the dons into talking about the cup final.....stop tortureing meeeeeee

marinello59
04-07-2012, 07:00 PM
How can you turn a thread about 2 new signings for the dons into talking about the cup final.....stop tortureing meeeeeee

Sorry.:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
05-07-2012, 07:11 AM
States in this mornings metro he's going to be played as a striker with Fallon for the Dons. Makes me feel a lot better...

easty
05-07-2012, 08:07 AM
States in this mornings metro he's going to be played as a striker with Fallon for the Dons. Makes me feel a lot better...

He also said that he's sees no reason why Aberdeen cant challenge Celtic....so not only is he a distinctly average player....he's an idiot too.

Betty Boop
05-07-2012, 12:17 PM
He also said that he's sees no reason why Aberdeen cant challenge Celtic....so not only is he a distinctly average player....he's an idiot too.

McPake said the same thing about Hibs a couple of days ago ! :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/02/james-mcpake-hibs-can-lead-spl-challenge-to-celtic-next-season-86908-23903304/