PDA

View Full Version : NHC Black agrees to sign for newco Huns (merged)

H18sry
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109273-ian-black-agrees-to-rangers-move-depending-on-their-league-status/

Even tho they have a transfer embargo :confused:

Golden Bear
04-07-2012, 11:28 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109273-ian-black-agrees-to-rangers-move-depending-on-their-league-status/

Aside the actual content of the article, does anyone else have difficulty viewing the STV website? It continually jumps and flickers on my screen - regardless of the web browswer that I choose to use.

:confused:

hibee92
04-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Didn't it get taken off?

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Didn't it get taken off?

It was referred back to the SFA, who have still to re-consider it.

However, that was RFC. It remains to be seen whether Seb Coe inherits that embargo.

H18sry
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Didn't it get taken off?

No they are awaiting an appeal date [I think]

IWasThere2016
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Mare farcical goings on .. Black is a cretin for agreeing a move to that lot!

Hibiza
04-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Whole things just a farce. :confused:

TamHibs
04-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I heard it was depending on what league they are in, he hasn't actually signed yet!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2je2qt

Hibiza
04-07-2012, 11:33 AM
App they need a painter

The Baldmans Comb
04-07-2012, 11:33 AM

How can they possibly have a transfer embago if they have only existed for a few weeks though given they don't even have a league to play in or an SFA footballing licence then technically you might be right.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 11:35 AM
It was referred back to the SFA, who have still to consider it.

However, that was RFC. It remains to be seen whether Seb Coe inherits that embargo.

The authorities will brush ovett this technicality, and do all they can to cram as many hun type players into this new club.

Steve20
They'll be in Division 3, so he won't be signing for them.

PatHead
I heard it was depending on what league they are in, he hasn't actually signed yet!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2je2qt

It is (dependant) according to STV. Probably because one of the conditions of staying in the SPL will be that Rangers cannot sign anyone until January.

Cropley10
04-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Didn't it get taken off?

No. The Appeal Tribunal have still not reconvened. They're too scared and obviosuly need to see what happens to Sevco FC.

However this raises a REALLY IMPORTANT point. If The Rangers/Sevco FC want to keep the history of the Club formed in 1872, then they cannot be allowed to walk away from punishments and sanctions related to the old Club.

This would create a situation where an old Club, heavily indebted, guilty of various football related offences (eg taking SFA to CoS) can re-emerge, completely debt and sanction free, by just

For example Pat Fenlon has already been given a 4 match ban for his Cup Final 'salute' to Hertz fans. However Sally has yet to be disciplined for his (outrageous) comments about who the members of the Appeal Tribunal were, even though he knew precisely who they were.

With regards to Black - what a wee s**** he is. Did he have no better offer than some hollow promise from Green? How can Green offer him a contract when he is MILES away from putting a team on any pitch and the new Season starts in 4 weeks.

Maybe he's just getting masses of free publicity.

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 11:39 AM
So you go from the yams and not sure if your getting paid to a club that may not exist and not knowing what league your playing in.

Interesting one Black :rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
04-07-2012, 11:40 AM
They'll be in Division 3, so he won't be signing for them.

Out of interest, why are you so confident of this? To me, that looks like the last thing happening right now.

SteveHFC
04-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Sorry but how the **** are the Huns signing players?.

PS Doncaster is ****

Steve20
04-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Out of interest, why are you so confident of this? To me, that looks like the last thing happening right now.

Well, they're not getting in the SPL. Too many teams have already said they'll vote against them. It also appears alot of SFL clubs have said they will, or have hinted at, voting against them getting into Division 1. The only other option of them getting in, is to be in Division 3.

I don't think many will change their minds, just because Neil Doncaster tries a bit of scaremongering.

JimBHibees
04-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Got to be said he has all the credentials to be a Rangers player.

CorrieHibs
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
We offered him a contract as well but he was holding out Rangers. Said that the Sheffield clubs and Charlton notified interest but didn't offer him a contract.

DH1875
04-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Didn't it get taken off?

Part of the conditions for them getting back in is that they take the embargo. Rather stupid because if they take it, it makes it highly unlikely they'll get out the 1st so what's the point of putting them there. Whole things a joke. Get them sent to the 3rd :agree:.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I understand that Rangers are unable to sign players as they are in administration, soon to be liquidated.
Ian Black has said he would join Sevco which is different.
Waiting until he knows which league they will be in serves purpose to both parties as he wont be drawing wages.

no problem with it, Black is apparantly a rangers fan who wants to play for his club. Others have played for them, kissed the badge and left.

Better pick up those paint brushes Ian.........:wink:

yeezus.
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, they're not getting in the SPL. Too many teams have already said they'll vote against them. It also appears alot of SFL clubs have said they will, or have hinted at, voting against them getting into Division 1. The only other option of them getting in, is to be in Division 3.

I don't think many will change their minds, just because Neil Doncaster tries a bit of scaremongering.

Aye, they'll be in Division 3 and the mighty Stranraer will get promoted! :greengrin

The Green Goblin
04-07-2012, 03:06 PM
The authorities will brush ovett this technicality, and do all they can to cram as many hun type players into this new club.

I got them all, and understood them very wells, even if no-one else did. ;-)

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I got them all, and understood them very wells, even if no-one else did. ;-)

His agent approached Hibs, but we told him to bolt.

Sunny1875
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
App they need a painter

Going to spruce up the big house before Mcewan Fraser start showing around potential buyers. Its always easier to sell a property with a lick of fresh paint

.Sean.
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Ian 'Mr Ambition' Black

:rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
The new Huns trying to sign that wee turd Black with not a penny to their name shows how much of a lesson the Huns have learned here. The shouldn't be allowed in the league, the odious rats.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-07-2012, 04:57 PM
They deserve each other

andrew70
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Hate Hearts with a passion but this doesn't sit right. Hearts cant afford to keep Black, Huns owe Hearts 800k yet Huns agree deal, 'in principle' to sign Black. Totally outta order IMO

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Why would Black sign for them when they are bringing back Gattusso? :greengrin

Col2
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
His agent approached Hibs, but we told him to bolt.

Don't shoot the messenger but Col2 understands we offered him a deal but Sevco offered more. We are 2nd choice and remains to be seen back up
Option for him.

Hermit Crab
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Blacks getting abuse over the road on JKB.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Hate Hearts with a passion but this doesn't sit right. Hearts cant afford to keep Black, Huns owe Hearts 800k yet Huns agree deal, 'in principle' to sign Black. Totally outta order IMO

It is out of order.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club though.

StevieC
04-07-2012, 05:11 PM
"Ian Black has reached an agreement to sign for newco Rangers if the Ibrox club gets a positive outcome on its league status"

Given the outcome of the vote today, that's got to be the shortest signing in history. :faf:

At least Sol Campbell got to play a game when he signed for Notts County!

DarrenSQH
04-07-2012, 05:16 PM
As if you couldn't despise the man any more.

JIm
04-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but Col2 understands we offered him a deal but Sevco offered more. We are 2nd choice and remains to be seen back up
Option for him.

100% correct, we offered, he sat medical, but at time stated he would only sign if there are no other offers on the table. Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd have also made enquiries.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Totally smacks of desperation. Obviously, not one semi decent club came in for him.
He can always paint the place maroon if he doesn't find a club ;)

lapsedhibee
04-07-2012, 06:52 PM
100% correct, we offered, he sat medical, but at time stated he would only sign if there are no other offers on the table. Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd have also made enquiries.

Totally smacks of desperation. Obviously, not one semi decent club came in for him.
He can always paint the place maroon if he doesn't find a club ;)

:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Option for him.

Bolt, as in Usain. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Aye, they'll be in Division 3 and the mighty Stranraer will get promoted! :greengrin

Is it not a bit of a Hun love-in down that neck o the woods?

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2012, 07:30 PM
:boo hoo:

my comment still stands!

tamig
04-07-2012, 07:45 PM

In Stranraer? That's another hibs.net myth.

Littlest Hobo
04-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I fancy McCoist has let Black into a wee secret.

League reconstruction and Rangers back playing top flight football in two seasons.

Makes ye sick but that's what I reckon the reality is.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I fancy McCoist has let Black into a wee secret.

League reconstruction and Rangers back playing top flight football in two seasons.

Makes ye sick but that's what I reckon the reality is.

Has he also let him into the wee secret as to how Sevco are actually going to be able to pay him? :rolleyes:

yeezus.
04-07-2012, 10:46 PM

Big time, Stranraer only get an average home attendance of 370.

99.9% of people are Huns... unfortunately.

ballengeich
05-07-2012, 07:52 AM
There have been stories that Sevco's SFA membership is dependent on acceptance of the disciplinary penalties outstanding for the disrepute charge. The SFA wants them to pay the fine and either accept the transfer embargo or wait for Lord Carloway's group to meet to decide on an alternative punishment. This could be a suspension.

Black at Ibrox isn't a done deal at present.

Hibiza
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Its going to be on a strictly " play as you paint basis".

Pedantic_Hibee
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Blackie said a chance to play for Rangers left him 'overwhelmed with emulsion'.......

ScottB
05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Has he also let him into the wee secret as to how Sevco are actually going to be able to pay him? :rolleyes:

Such things didn't bother him at Hearts...

On a purely funny basis, it would be about as annoyed as the Hearts fans / Rangers fans could get if he ends up with us haha

Judas Iscariot
05-07-2012, 02:10 PM

:top marks

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Blackie said a chance to play for Rangers left him 'overwhelmed with emulsion'.......

He's obviously been made an eggshellent offer. He'll be rolling in it...

Pedantic_Hibee
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Duluxury offers like that don't come along every often and it's not the type of deal he can easily gloss over.

I'll get my two coats......

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Duluxury offers like that don't come along every often and it's not the type of deal he can easily gloss over.

I'll get my two coats......

He's obviously become accustomed to being a high roller.

JohnStephens91
06-07-2012, 06:32 AM
There is a mixture of players who are obviously never going to play for them, players who are truly rotten and also Sectarian pish being spouted regarding fans suggestions. What a bunch of neanderthals. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230328

:lolrangers:

Hibs7
06-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Black is the most disgusting player I have ever set eyes on, this just shows what an ignorant little scrote he is, of he does sign for them I hope he gets a career stopping injury in his first game, I would never have gone back to ER if Hibs had signed this dog dirt of a human.

Iceman1875
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
If what has been said is right and we are his second choice then why is that offer still there? Surely we want players to play for us regardless not because their first choice didn't materialise. I'd like to think PF and RP would withdraw any offer when Rangers do end up in D3.

edinburghhibee
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
:tin hat:

Looks like I am in the minority here but if we were to sign up Black I would be delighted, regardless of what people think of him on here he was Hearts best player last year and is at the top of his game at the moment. He bossed the derbys and that other game unfortunately. We are screaming out for a bit of a dirty player who puts his foot in digs deep and can pick out a pass (See the 2-0 game at tynie last season... Beattie I think scored from his through ball).

:duck:

And the ****bo's across the road will be gutted!:greengrin

Aldo
06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
:tin hat:

Looks like I am in the minority here but if we were to sign up Black I would be delighted, regardless of what people think of him on here he was Hearts best player last year and is at the top of his game at the moment. He bossed the derbys and that other game unfortunately. We are screaming out for a bit of a dirty player who puts his foot in digs deep and can pick out a pass (See the 2-0 game at tynie last season... Beattie I think scored from his through ball).

:duck:

And the ****bo's across the road will be gutted!:greengrin

Nope if we could sign him I'd be more than happy. Annoying little ****er that everyone hates... Nasty ruthless streak... Cannot see it but would be an excellent addition to the team

My opinion mind you

Gatecrasher
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Just another example of how everyone gets shafted royaly when compared to what Rangers have done they get off relitively lightly.

dchibs
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM

I think he have to brush up on a few things if he wants to paint a good picture

Hibercelona
06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Will he be "painting the toon blue" now? What a waste of time painting it maroon. :confused:

Lungo--Drom
06-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Remember when Nadé floored Black for constantly winding him up? For all I slagged Nadé off I was well impressed by the Burger King standing up for himself and decking the ****.

So you go from the yams and not sure if your getting paid to a club that may not exist and not knowing what league your playing in.

Interesting one Black :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
17-07-2012, 06:17 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4433100/Black-Ill-be-a-Div-3-star.html

By RONNIE MacKAY
Published: Today at 00:23
IAN BLACK last night issued a come-and-get-me plea to Ally McCoist — and insisted he would play in the Third Division.

The former Hearts midfielder had agreed to sign for the Rangers newco if they’d been placed into Division One and the transfer embargo was lifted.

That deal was ripped up and declared void once Gers were condemned to the bottom tier. However Black told SunSport he would still contemplate playing for the Ibrox side.

He said: “The contract will be void because it was for playing in the First Division.

“If they want me in the Third Division, then they’ll have to approach me again.

“I don’t have anything else happening at the moment. I’m unemployed right now and looking for a team. I have a family to support, so I need to get back into work.

“I’m open to offers — from Rangers or anybody else. I’ll see how it goes.”

Black slated those players who decided not to stay on and sign for the newco.

He said: “They’ll have there own circumstances surrounding it. But if they were as close to the manager as they said they were, they could have helped Rangers financially by staying on and then being bought.

“That would have helped put the team back on the map. But they didn’t.

“Looking from the outside, I’d maybe have had that respect for the manager and the club.”

:crazy:

Jim44
17-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Black the martyr. I hope signs for them as he's a decent player and having him out of our hair for a few years can't be bad.

Steve20
17-07-2012, 07:55 AM
How can they sign anyone? They're going to have to accept a transfer embargo.

Offside Trap
17-07-2012, 08:04 AM
"Black slated those players who decided not to stay on and sign for the newco.

He said: “They’ll have there own circumstances surrounding it. But if they were as close to the manager as they said they were, they could have helped Rangers financially by staying on and then being bought."

So Ian you'll be signing a new contract with the Jambos at minimum wage for the same altruistic reasons?! Didn't think so....

Diclonius
17-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Isn't Black a Hearts fan?

Why does he care so much about Rangers?

Part/Time Supporter
17-07-2012, 08:14 AM

They can't, but part of the deal that they were trying to negotiate with the SFA was that they would be able to sign players until 31 July, then the 12 month embargo would have kicked in. The vote to put them in SFL3 has collapsed that.

GreenPJ
17-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Do free agents count as a transfer?

Part/Time Supporter
17-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Do free agents count as a transfer?

Yes. Ban is on registration.

Gus Fring
17-07-2012, 11:39 AM
So he's got no offers from anywhere else and he's pinning all his hopes on a 3rd division team with a transfer embargo? Always knew he wasn't right. Stick to the painting, it'll pay more

LeighLoyal
17-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe he should try googling the words transfer and embargo?

Hibercelona
17-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Isn't Black a Hearts fan?

Why does he care so much about Rangers?

Leaked image of Black on his last march.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/flin0i.jpg

:wink:

AlbertK86
17-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Just on STV news he will still sign for sevco if embargo lifted

EdinMike
17-07-2012, 05:18 PM
They can sign or promote under 19's though can't they or did I make that up in the last 5 months of waffle ?

HibbyAndy
17-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Listening to the wee jakeball oan telly he sounds like he has had 1 joint to many.

Hearts ****.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2012, 05:27 PM
black can go jump in the river forth, wae lead boots oan, orrible little jamboid scrote

DH1875
17-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Is he gonna be playing for free then? Sad state of affairs if a rangers in the 3rd division can pay more than SPL clubs, even if it is the Yams. What I don't get is were the newco are getting the money from.

Hibercelona
17-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Is he gonna be playing for free then? Sad state of affairs if a rangers in the 3rd division can pay more than SPL clubs, even if it is the Yams. What I don't get is were the newco are getting the money from.

Could it be possible that sky are secretly loaning them cash in order to help them get back into the SPL as quickly as possible?

It may sound like a far fetched conspiracy. But sky would have a lot to gain by ensuring that they get back into the SPL as quickly as possible.

DH1875
17-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Could it be possible that sky are secretly loaning them cash in order to help them get back into the SPL as quickly as possible?

It may sound like a far fetched conspiracy. But sky would have a lot to gain by ensuring that they get back into the SPL as quickly as possible.

I honestly don't get it though. Say they offer him 5k a week. That's 260k a year. If they sign 10 players then that's 2.6 million and add it to the 5 million a season it costs to run Ibrox and Murray Park a season. Could be up to £30 million just to get them promoted to the SPL. Who's paying that then?

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I honestly don't get it though. Say they offer him 5k a week. That's 260k a year. If they sign 10 players then that's 2.6 million and add it to the 5 million a season it costs to run Ibrox and Murray Park a season. Could be up to £30 million just to get them promoted to the SPL. Who's paying that then?

Even if they are allowed to sign new players, there is no way they could pay him £5k per week. They are already on a staff-cutting exercise.

Part/Time Supporter
17-07-2012, 07:37 PM

No.

It may sound like a far fetched conspiracy.

It is.

But sky would have a lot to gain by ensuring that they get back into the SPL as quickly as possible.

They don't. If they did, they would have been paying the SPL a lot more for its broadcast rights over the last 15 years.

DH1875
17-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Even if they are allowed to sign new players, there is no way they could pay him £5k per week. They are already on a staff-cutting exercise.

But did they no offer him 7k a week to play in the first :confused:. Their honestly no learning anything are they :faf:.

Hibercelona
17-07-2012, 07:51 PM
They don't. If they did, they would have been paying the SPL a lot more for its broadcast rights over the last 15 years.

Why on earth would they payout more than what they can get away with?

SKY want to milk out as much money as possible from TV deals and the SPL is no exception.

As I understand it, SKY rake in about £400,000,000 gross profit a year from its broadcasting deal with the SPL. But in order to achieve these figures, they must have the 2 uglies in the top tier of Scottish Football.

Loaning the newco a couple of million here and there would be nothing compared to the return they would get with new Rangers back in the SPL.

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Strange thinking by IB. He's no world beater, but at 27 he's at the top of his game and is good enough for a mid-table championship side. He'll be 30-31 by the time he gets back in the SPL with the Huns and have squandered the best part of his career in lower leagues. One should also magine, in that environment, that risk of serious injury from somebody even more industrial and less of a footballer than he is, must be pretty high.

Surely his agent could cut him a deal in championship at least as good as anything the Newco Huns could offer?

Bostonhibby
17-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Maybe they are thinking aboot an EBT? Sure he will go for it as everyone else at Ibrox has one and the fitba institutions and HMRc have turned a blind eye to them for years, apparently it's the future. If you save up £5.5m through one you can buy the whole club :greengrin

IanM
24-07-2012, 09:33 AM
premier league football in 4 seasons for them both

DarrenSQH
24-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I thought the transfer embargo was agreed.

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Says a lot about the players to me. I'm sure whatever newco offer them, they would've been able to get elsewhere at a higher level. Maybe these guys would have had a chance to play for their country too, but now they're going to play in the 4th tier of Scottish football!!

Spike Mandela
24-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought the transfer embargo was agreed.

If agreed it will start Sept 1st. Another punishment that isn't a punishment. The football authorities in this country are great aren't they?:rolleyes:

The Sea-gull
24-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Michael Stewart and Dean Shiels are also players they are keen to add.

Iain G
24-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Michael Stewart and Dean Shiels are also players they are keen to add.

Let's play spot the mercenaries then, money wins over career for these guys :agree:

Hibstrooper
24-07-2012, 10:21 AM
If agreed it will start Sept 1st. Another punishment that isn't a punishment. The football authorities in this country are great aren't they?:rolleyes:

Talk is that it is going to be 12 months with a reprieve twice a year in January and July with them getting off a month early in August if they don't sign any players outwith these periods. Apart from that they are going to be really tough with them and impose the ban :agree:

allezsauzee
24-07-2012, 10:34 AM
They've found their level at division 3

LeighLoyal
24-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Hope they sign contracts and the whole lot folds up leaving them in limbo with no dough. Back to the painting and decorating! Maybe Beattie can hold Black's ladder for him?

YehButNoBut
24-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Should the Ibrox side be trying to sign high-profile players with the threat of redundancies hanging over staff at the club?

Does not seem right to me. :no way:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112170-former-hearts-pair-ian-black-and-craig-beattie-to-train-with-rangers/

basehibby
24-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Their ambition simply knows no bounds - almost feel embarassed for them :embarrass:loser::loser:

MrSmith
24-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Can't blame them! Imagine the 'glory run' back to the SPL and becoming Rangers legends? Any pro player right now should seriously consider playing for Rangers at the least. And Potter, will still pick Rangers players for his Scotland team.

Iain G
24-07-2012, 11:17 AM
It just demonstrates to me that Newco haven't learned anything from their Oldco demise, no humility, no sense, and still an over inflated opinion of their place in life.

Get that 1 year full ban in place and let them suffer with whatever rubbish hasn't jumped ship and their U18 team for a season...

SneakersO'Toole
24-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Should the Ibrox side be trying to sign high-profile players with the threat of redundancies hanging over staff at the club?

Does not seem right to me. :no way:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112170-former-hearts-pair-ian-black-and-craig-beattie-to-train-with-rangers/

Its all a money making exercise. New Rangers know fine well that they don't need the calibre of player like Black and Beattie to escape Div 3 and above.

They will sign these types of players, give them 2/3 year contracts on better money than anyone else in the SPL can offer then sell them off in 12months time for a tidy profit. Why else do you think they are sniffing about the likes of Shiels et al?

It absolutely stinks but when you have mercenaries like Black who are purely motivated by money and how much he can get his hands on, its a win win for both player and club.

Its sad to think that even in death, that manky mob from Govan still hold sway over other SPL clubs when it comes to signing players. Depressing.

Jim44
24-07-2012, 11:27 AM
There's a vomit inducing thread on FF on this topic, where Black and Beattie are being elevated to Sainthood (or maybe something like Grandmastehood ) for their services to the cause. No nasty snide references to financial recompense.

Alan62
24-07-2012, 11:35 AM
It's just back to business as usual at Ibrox then, signing players that they can't really afford. Charles Green's strategy is entirely dependent on selling season tickets (and to a lesser extent walk-ups) and generating a huge turnover from the fans. He knows he needs to make some 'marquee' signings to ensure that the old Rangers fans buy into his new Rangers and he has to make these signings before the 'ban' comes into force.

Having said all that, I still think cashflow will be a problem and I also think that their plan to steamroller the leagues may be harder than it looks.

What is clear, however, is that neither the Club (The Rangers) or its fans have learned anything from the past. They're just the same arrogant, cheating bullies they've always been and always will be.

Ross4356
24-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Any pro player right now should seriously consider playing for Rangers at the least.

Your on the wind eh?

VickMackie
24-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I said on another thread that it's an easy choice for them. Pick up SPL level wages, play in the 3rd and become legends for them.

Their careers aren't going up the way anyway so why not. They'll probably get a minimum of two year deals due to the registration ban anyway.

Good choice for some IMO.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I said on another thread that it's an easy choice for them. Pick up SPL level wages, play in the 3rd and become legends for them.

Their careers aren't going up the way anyway so why not. They'll probably get a minimum of two year deals due to the registration ban anyway.

Good choice for some IMO.

Yep, neither would probably get a chance now to play for Rangers if they were in the SPL.

I think we all know they will still be a big club, paying good wages and with good facilities. If the opposition is easier then even better as far as the players are concerned.

It's a bit of a unique situation and some will be keen to get involved and be part of it.

If we had to start again we'd be seeing guys like this who would still play for us as heros as well.

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Yep, neither would probably get a chance now to play for Rangers if they were in the SPL.

I think we all know they will still be a big club, paying good wages and with good facilities. If the opposition is easier then even better as far as the players are concerned.

It's a bit of a unique situation and some will be keen to get involved and be part of it.

If we had to start again we'd be seeing guys like this who would still play for us as heros as well.

Yes but how? Where is the money coming from, how can Rangers afford to pay better wages than the the rest of the SPL given their current state? ST money will not cover the running costs alone, once again are Rangers going to be allowed to spend money they haven't got.
Another thing is that these players will go backwards playing at such a low level every week, they will never be up to pace. You only have to look at the benefit of playing at a higher level ie, Fletcher, O'Connor etc and what it does to your overall fitness and sharpness.

Treadstone
24-07-2012, 01:54 PM
To be fair, both players tried English football and were found wanting , its obvious they both will get similar money at Sevco to England and still be in the papers everyday .

They would rather take the easy option than challenge themselves down south where they would be expected to work harder.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes but how? Where is the money coming from, how can Rangers afford to pay better wages than the the rest of the SPL given their current state? ST money will not cover the running costs alone, once again are Rangers going to be allowed to spend money they haven't got.

I don't know what their other costs are but they will still be getting good attendances compared to SPL clubs. SPL clubs also have costs.

I also don't think they will be signing a lot of players, just a handful on decent money will probably see them fine at that level.

MrSmith
24-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Your on the wind eh?

Nope! Take some time to consider it and you'll come to the same conclusion. Instant legends, tv and media sycophantically showing and praising; national coverage, the great 3 division adventure; coined as the returning heroes to the SPL; it is all there and then some.

JustSimplyHibs
24-07-2012, 02:06 PM
premier league football in 4 seasons for them both

Good bit of business, sign them up on 3 or 4 year contracts for nothing and punt them off in a couple of seasons for some hard cash. In the meantime their young players are training daily with these players that will develop them for their eventual return to SPL.

p.s. they can pay better wages for players as they have followers that back their club by buying merchandise or other commercial products and they will probably shift more season tickets in one day than what Hibs could sell in two seasons.

If Hibs were relegated last season, we would buy league like we done away back in the late 90s just like what SevCo are doing...simples really!!

:giruy: SevCo and to your muppet followers... :flag::pfgwa:flag:

cocopops1875
24-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Nope! Take some time to consider it and you'll come to the same conclusion. Instant legends, tv and media sycophantically showing and praising; national coverage, the great 3 division adventure; coined as the returning heroes to the SPL; it is all there and then some.
All this and the wages that will be on offer certainly a no brainer for some pro's who may have already reached their peak

Jim44
24-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Apparently Skacel is added to their wish list. It certainly would be a hoot if the Jambo trio were to sign for a Div 3 diddy club. I'm not so sure that it will all be plain sailing for the 'stars' of newco. As seasoned professionals, have they really thought through the implications of starting off down at that level. It's a bit like a primary 7 laddie spending years with the local nursery team. The absence of any real challenge will allow rot to set in. If that sounds like a lot of tosh, another way to look at it is that they will be out of our hair for a few years.

Hibiza
24-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Season long deals , Black wants a years worth of brushes and rollers (super ally giving a turps add on), Beattie a years worth of mach 3's ( ally throwing in the shaving foam). :flag: :flag: :flag:

Andy74
24-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Apparently Skacel is added to their wish list. It certainly would be a hoot if the Jambo trio were to sign for a Div 3 diddy club. I'm not so sure that it will all be plain sailing for the 'stars' of newco. As seasoned professionals, have they really thought through the implications of starting off down at that level. It's a bit like a primary 7 laddie spending years with the local nursery team. The absence of any real challenge will allow rot to set in. If that sounds like a lot of tosh, another way to look at it is that they will be out of our hair for a few years.

Until we draw them away in the cup and get put out by a third division team with players getting paid more than ours!

Spike Mandela
24-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Until we draw them away in the cup and get put out by a third division team with players getting paid more than ours!

Scandalous but utterly predictable.

The stench of corruption around Rangers will never disappear.

YehButNoBut
24-07-2012, 04:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/544447_464218663596894_1899758565_n.jpg

:yw::lolrangers:

Beattie looks well overweight.

Jim44
24-07-2012, 04:29 PM

A chance I'm more than happy to take. I'll be happy when the circus leaves town and the rest of us get back to some sort of normality. The bottom line was never going to be more than the humiliation of Div 3. That's become a reality, they were never going to disappear into oblivion and the potential to rebuild, because of their status and financial clout, is something we've just got to live with. The initial attention they receive from the media will soon wear thin as boredom sets in, so let's just enjoy their absence for as long as possible.

Kaiser1962
24-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't know what their other costs are but they will still be getting good attendances compared to SPL clubs. SPL clubs also have costs.

I also don't think they will be signing a lot of players, just a handful on decent money will probably see them fine at that level.

I have pointed out on other threads Andy that Rangers running costs, outwith wages and being "run" (according to Sir Walter) by the bank, averaged over £23m per season.

Without someone putting in substantial sums of money, I cant see how the figures stack up.

Lungo--Drom
24-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Yep, wouldn't be surprised if they appear in East Belfast murals on the gable end of loyalist housing schemes :paranoid: The Hun supporters will laud them as heroes who sacrificed top level football to support the 'loyal cause'

ScottB
24-07-2012, 06:30 PM
It's still a weird one.

Rangers transfer ban will kick in after this window, so unless they go bust again, Black, Beattie, whoever will be stuck there till January 2014. I wouldn't fancy that.

Assuming they are 'committed to the cause' of getting Rangers back to the SPL, Black and Beattie will both be past 30 by then. After 3 straight seasons playing against inferior opposition, will they still be able to cut it at SPL level? I can see them being cut loose by then frankly. Which begs the question, why are Rangers chasing players that will cost far more than they need, or can afford to spend? I accept that the transfer ban may be forcing them to build a squad to compete in the 1st Division, but that can still be done much more cheaply than the amount these two will want, probably more than most SFL3 players wages added together...

Something doesn't add up, unless Green is now willing to put his hand in his pocket a bit in order to actually shift some season tickets?

Spike Mandela
24-07-2012, 06:33 PM
It's still a weird one.

Rangers transfer ban will kick in after this window, so unless they go bust again, Black, Beattie, whoever will be stuck there till January 2014. I wouldn't fancy that.

Assuming they are 'committed to the cause' of getting Rangers back to the SPL, Black and Beattie will both be past 30 by then. After 3 straight seasons playing against inferior opposition, will they still be able to cut it at SPL level? I can see them being cut loose by then frankly. Which begs the question, why are Rangers chasing players that will cost far more than they need, or can afford to spend? I accept that the transfer ban may be forcing them to build a squad to compete in the 1st Division, but that can still be done much more cheaply than the amount these two will want, probably more than most SFL3 players wages added together...

Something doesn't add up, unless Green is now willing to put his hand in his pocket a bit in order to actually shift some season tickets?

..............or Rangers know they will be back in the top tier in two years or less with restructuring and a hand up from sympathetic authorities.

Barney McGrew
24-07-2012, 06:42 PM
You've got to hand it to Sevco's for a bit of forward thinking.

Think of the money they'll save by having a midfielder and odd job man rolled into one wage.

Paisley Hibby
24-07-2012, 07:02 PM
It's still a weird one.

I believe SEVCO are also thinking about the cups. Lots of money and "glory" if they can win those from the 3rd division - especially if they come up against Celtic. If SFL and SFA employ their usual techniques for cup draws you can be sure of at least 2 old firm derbies a season (more if there are replays). And then there is the resurrected Glasgow Cup. :cb

However, I think that from a pure football point of view Black and Beattie are being total fuds by signing for SEVCO.

PJ IronHIbee
25-07-2012, 03:22 PM
..............or Rangers know they will be back in the top tier in two years or less with restructuring and a hand up from sympathetic authorities.

rumour has it that rat boy has been informed that the newco will only be out the top flight for 1 year. Spl 2 anyone with an invitation only. It will be interesting to see how the pars, partick th and livvy of this world would vote this time round. I really hope they would stick to their guns and refuse any approach.

Andy74
25-07-2012, 03:34 PM
It's still a weird one.

They won't be stuck anywhere. The ban would be on incoming registrations.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2012, 09:08 PM
rumour has it that rat boy has been informed that the newco will only be out the top flight for 1 year. Spl 2 anyone with an invitation only. It will be interesting to see how the pars, partick th and livvy of this world would vote this time round. I really hope they would stick to their guns and refuse any approach.

He needs to work on his Maths then. If they're invited to an SPL2 next season, presuming they get promoted to SPL1 in 1 year, they will still be out of the top division for 2 years.

PJ IronHIbee
25-07-2012, 09:52 PM
He needs to work on his Maths then. If they're invited to an SPL2 next season, presuming they get promoted to SPL1 in 1 year, they will still be out of the top division for 2 years.
If a league re-construction does take place next year and an SPL2 is introduced. Don't you think the Newco would be invited to join the top league (assuming its a 14 or 16 team set up)? It would be up to the likes of Dunfermline, Partick Thistle etc (who voted No to the Newco being part of the SFL1) cutting there nose off to spite their face sort of thing. :confused:

:flag:GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2012, 10:53 PM
If a league re-construction does take place next year and an SPL2 is introduced. Don't you think the Newco would be invited to join the top league (assuming its a 14 or 16 team set up)? It would be up to the likes of Dunfermline, Partick Thistle etc (who voted No to the Newco being part of the SFL1) cutting there nose off to spite their face sort of thing. :confused:

:flag:GGTTH

I really can't see how they could put them into the spl1 after all this sporting integrity talk.

woodythehibee
26-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Offered around £7k per week. Ridiculous

Jim44
26-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I would have thought that a new 14 or 16 team SPL 1would have to be made up from the existing SPL teams plus the top teams of Div1. Newco, if they get a license, are nothing more and nothing less than a Div3 minnow till they play themselves into the big boys' company. If they fail to do well in Div 3, (well we can hope) they shouldn't even be considered for a new SPL 2.

AugustaHibs
28-07-2012, 12:05 PM
@RFC_Official: Ian Black has signed a three year contract and @AndyLittle29 has signed a similar deal." The fannys deserve each other.

CraigHibee
28-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Absolutely no ambition at all

hibsmad
28-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Never has a player and club suited each other more.

DAVE1875
28-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Not really that good when you look at it: Won the Scottish Cup playing for Hearts in the SPL one season, played with a bunch of kids in the third division the next

Beefster
28-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't see why folk are getting agitated about this. Black's decided that money is more important that all other considerations. No biggie - we'll see him in three years.

The_Todd
28-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Obviously has no faith in his own ability. 3 years playing lower league SFL football for a team guaranteed 3 back to back promotions when he should be at his prime trying to prove himself at the highest level possible.

It's sad, but that's what money does to the sport.

#FromTheCapital
28-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Couldn't care less what that wee scrote does. Glad that we won't have to suffer him next season at least.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Meanwhile Hibs are giving a trial to Mark Kerr. it's an unfair world right enough.:rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2012, 12:55 PM
As if he'll be at Rangers in 3years. As soon as the embargo is lifted next year he'll be sold for a tidy profit.

Rangers are playing a smart game with the likes of shiels, black et al. Give them decent money for a season, e.g. 6-7k, player is back in the shop window and is sold for a good price once they are allowed to.

It will work for them too.

marinello59
28-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Absolutely no ambition at all

Other than to maximise his earning potential which is what any other Pro footballer would do. Basically.....who cares?

BarneyK
28-07-2012, 12:59 PM
As if he'll be at Rangers in 3years. As soon as the embargo is lifted next year he'll be sold for a tidy profit.

Rangers are playing a smart game with the likes of shiels, black et al. Give them decent money for a season, e.g. 6-7k, player is back in the shop window and is sold for a good price once they are allowed to.

Championship clubs can buy these players for nowt right now though. I cannae see a full season in the SFL3 as a great incentive for some side to part with cash for them next pre-season.

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 01:01 PM

I'm not so sure.

I can't see how a season against 3rd division level opponents will increase a players value, I can only see it causing damage.

And its not like any of them will be playing any Champions league/European football. So I can't see any big names rushing in with the big monies to buy them.

The Falcon
28-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't see why folk are getting agitated about this. Black's decided that money is more important that all other considerations. No biggie - we'll see him in three years.

I'm not convinced we will see him in three years as there a few rugged old pro's lurking around the lower divisions who might just give Black a bit of a rough ride.

I am not particulary concerned about this either and folk should have realised by now that the vast majority of footballers will ply their trade, and swear loyalty to, whoever pays them the most.

Off the bar
28-07-2012, 01:48 PM
what kills me about all this, is that even in div 3 even once broken by the tax man and then liquidated, the hun can still poach players from other spl clubs and pay them more, how the f is that possible?

Jim44
28-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Shiels is about to sign for them today but reading some of the newco comments about Black and Shiels are terrible and hypocritical. One twat was joking about Shiels disability and a lot have declared their hatred for Black but see him as their saviour and a soon to be legend. I get the impression that they feel they are tolerating having to take on non Rangers standard players 'in their moment of need' but will soon get rid of them when they are out of the woods. I've no sympathy for these merceneries however.

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Shiels is about to sign for them today but reading some of the newco comments about Black and Shiels are terrible and hypocritical. One twat was joking about Shiels disability and a lot have declared their hatred for Black but see him as their saviour and a soon to be legend. I get the impression that they feel they are tolerating having to take on non Rangers standard players 'in their moment of need' but will soon get rid of them when they are out of the woods. I've no sympathy for these merceneries however.

I can't believe Shiels is going to them. He should have been one of our top priority signings.

We're screaming out for a player with his ability.

joe breezy
28-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I can't believe Shiels is going to them. He should have been one of our top priority signings.

We're screaming out for a player with his ability.

Not for 7 grand a week though

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Not for 7 grand a week though

Of course not. But did we even attempt a bid for him?

Jim44
28-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I've said it in other posts and I firmly believe that it won't be a bed of roses for the newco players in the lower divisions. Professional footballers, while they can easily have their heads turned by money, have big egos and unless that ego is fed, they will not flourish. Once the novelty and honeymoon is over I wouldn't be surprised if they begin to regret their weakness in signing for them.

Minder
28-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Black's decided that money is more important that all other considerations.

6 grand a week basic, 1 grand a game appearance money plus a grand win bonus. Maybe he can now pay his debts and buy his own car. :greengrin

wheniwas5
28-07-2012, 04:59 PM
there is no way black is on £6/£7 k a week.
he would have been if rangers had got in the 1st division.
apparently on half that figure.

Gala Foxes
28-07-2012, 05:38 PM
if ever there was a marriage made in heaven this is it - Rangers + Ian Black were made for each other, hope he has fun at coatbridge, montrose, brechin, arbroath , elgin etc

Safe in the knowledge they will bin him when they hit the SPL

Minder
28-07-2012, 05:55 PM
there is no way black is on £6/£7 k a week.
he would have been if rangers had got in the 1st division.
apparently on half that figure.

As above from from own mouth.

silverhibee
28-07-2012, 05:57 PM
6 grand a week basic, 1 grand a game appearance money plus a grand win bonus. Maybe he can now pay his debts and buy his own car. :greengrin

And a nice signing on fee to cap it off.

Barney McGrew
28-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Of course not. But did we even attempt a bid for him?

Yes, we did.

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm not so sure.

I can't see how a season against 3rd division level opponents will increase a players value, I can only see it causing damage.

And its not like any of them will be playing any Champions league/European football. So I can't see any big names rushing in with the big monies to buy them.

The talent of a player won't deminish because of the division they play in.

And although the value of the player wonr be as much if they were playing in SPL, regardless of what they are sold on for it is all profit.

Emerald
28-07-2012, 07:43 PM
The talent of a player won't deminish because of the division they play in.

And although the value of the player wonr be as much if they were playing in SPL, regardless of what they are sold on for it is all profit.

I totally disagree with your statement. I was a brilliant footballer but believe me the P I S H that I had to play against brought me down to their level. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :greengrin