PDA

View Full Version : Question FAO Salt & Sauzee

SneakersO'Toole
04-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Was it yourself who sent off the email to every SFL club prior to yesterdays meeting? If so, would you happen to still have the list of email addresses used for each club.

With in now common knowledge that a vote will take place next week between SFL clubs, I think its imperative that we try reach out to as many of these clubs as possible. We (fans of all clubs) simply cannot stand by and let them consider and possibly accept donkeyheid's propoganda and imaginary facts and figures.

We MUST keep the pressure on from all angles and although the unthinkable could still happen, I would rather say I tried to make a difference.

Hibbyradge
04-07-2012, 08:05 AM
I think that clearly orchestrated attempts to manipulate clubs could have the opposite effect to the one the manipulators desire. Some of the reactions to the bullying by the SPL/SFL/Media are proof of that.

Club chairmen will (mostly) be influenced by 3 things:

1. Their own values and sense of fairness
2. The views of their own fans
3. Their own financial calculations

I imagine that of the club chairmen who are still unsure, some may resent being deliberately manipulated by fans of Rangers "enemies".

SneakersO'Toole
04-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I think that clearly orchestrated attempts to manipulate clubs could have the opposite effect to the one the manipulators desire. Some of the reactions to the bullying by the SPL/SFL/Media are proof of that.

Club chairmen will (mostly) be influenced by 3 things:

1. Their own values and sense of fairness
2. The views of their own fans
3. Their own financial calculations

I imagine that some of the club chairmen who are still unsure, some may resent being deliberately manipulated by fans of Rangers "enemies".

It completely depends on how you put across you message. If you go in all guns blaring stating Doncaster is a corrupt clown and Rangers are the devil etc etc then yeah, you won't get far.

However if you are emphatic to their situation and put across a message that delivers a view from the other side of Doncasters lies and scaremongering without the need to manipulate (which is exactly what they are getting from the governing bodies), then it might resonate with one or two.

Ultimately you have nothing to lose sending an email if you have the time and desire to do so.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Was it yourself who sent off the email to every SFL club prior to yesterdays meeting? If so, would you happen to still have the list of email addresses used for each club.

With in now common knowledge that a vote will take place next week between SFL clubs, I think its imperative that we try reach out to as many of these clubs as possible. We (fans of all clubs) simply cannot stand by and let them consider and possibly accept donkeyheid's propoganda and imaginary facts and figures.

We MUST keep the pressure on from all angles and although the unthinkable could still happen, I would rather say I tried to make a difference.

Bad idea.

I think the clubs will know the facts and figures better than any football fan.

They'll be well aware that there has been a lot of s****talk going on.

PatHead
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I would hope that Hibs wouldn't be influence by a random Brechin City fan getting in touch, far less from a supporter of a "bigger" club like Servco 5088. Time would be better spent trying to get friends who are supporters of these clubs to contact them. IMHO