PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy

Mango Man
04-07-2012, 02:15 AM
This could be the season he finally shows us what he can do, I had high hopes for him last season, but he only showed it in glimpses, I suppose being surrounded by utter dross didn't help matters, but I do believe he has it in him to be a cracking player for us.

Get intae thum Ozzy!!

:flag:

lord bunberry
04-07-2012, 03:34 AM
This could be the season he finally shows us what he can do, I had high hopes for him last season, but he only showed it in glimpses, I suppose being surrounded by utter dross didn't help matters, but I do believe he has it in him to be a cracking player for us.

Get intae thum Ozzy!!

:flag:

He did look good at times but as you say it didn't help that he was surrounded by dross the jurys still out on him. This season will tell if he is a player or was part of the problem I'm hoping its the former

bighairyfaeleith
04-07-2012, 05:33 AM
yeah can't make my mind up about him, hopefully he will do the biz but I think he needs to be in a much stronger team and we don't have that yet.

Dinkydoo
04-07-2012, 06:04 AM
If he doesn't pick up his game this season then we should get rid. No point in having a player that puts in a performance once a month and looks like he can't be arsed for the other 3 games.

JimBHibees
04-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Personally thought he was woeful in the final and has a lot of improving to do to earn a starting place.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Aye, he is a funny one - does some brilliant things, is a big lad, good touch, but then he just doesn't seem to have that nasty streak that would allow him to impose himself on the game.

For too long we've had players that are nearly allright but the one thing most have lacked is having any sort of all action style.

Claros for me is broadly similar, obvious talent, has played the game at a different pace all his life but maybe doesn't have it to step up and be as aggressive as you need to be in the SPL midfield.

IWasThere2016
04-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Good player IMHO. Needs to add goals to his game.

Aldo
04-07-2012, 08:48 AM

This. It's hard to concentrate on his own game when he has to do the work of 2 players every week. Personally think with the right players around him we would see the best of Ozzy.

yeezus.
04-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not so sure about him. I thought he had good wee spells but he can only work with who he is surrounded by... Hibs shirt has just arrived :greengrin

Stevie Reid
04-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I hope that he improves but he was a massive disappointment last year. I don't buy into the fact that he was poor because he was surrounded by poor players, if he can't stand out in a poor Hibs team that finished 11th in the SPL, he probably just isn't that good.

I have higher hopes for Claros coming good than I do Osbourne. Only marginally though.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Part of the worst midfield in our club's history. He'll be lucky to get a game next season.

Hope he can prove me wrong but he has shown me nothing to suggest that.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Runs as if he is playing in treacle and a member of the most outplayed midfield in the league. If he is still getting a game hopefully he has improved but won't be upset if we never see ANY of last year's midfield ever again.

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I hope that he improves but he was a massive disappointment last year. I don't buy into the fact that he was poor because he was surrounded by poor players, if he can't stand out in a poor Hibs team that finished 11th in the SPL, he probably just isn't that good.

I have higher hopes for Claros coming good than I do Osbourne. Only marginally though.

Part of the worst midfield in our club's history. He'll be lucky to get a game next season.

Hope he can prove me wrong but he has shown me nothing to suggest that.

Runs as if he is playing in treacle and a member of the most outplayed midfield in the league. If he is still getting a game hopefully he has improved but won't be upset if we never see ANY of last year's midfield ever again.

Agree with above, not impressed with him one bit. Soft as putty, and the heart of a midge's tit.....Seems slow when running, always slows down our play when he has the ball.....Was at fault for the 2nd goal at Hampden, losing ball and not tracking back....Infuriating to watch....Would rather we played Sharon Osbourne in our midfield

yekimevol
04-07-2012, 10:42 AM
with a preseason under his belt he might improve :\

DanHFC1875
04-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I really hope Ozzy gets his head down and gives 100%, I do think he has the abiltiy to succeed with the right application and players around him. Will be interesting to see what team we have when the transfer window slams shut!?

DH1875
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
He's dross. Footballs all about opinions and stuff but I honestly can't believe so many of our fans rate him. Even if we don't sign another player this summer he'd be nowhere near my starting 11.

hibIBZ
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
i think he has ability, just needs to show it more often. martin o'neil doesnt hand out 3 year contracts to anybody. think he just needs to get his head down and play to his potential

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I really hope Ozzy gets his head down and gives 100%, I do think he has the abiltiy to succeed with the right application and players around him. Will be interesting to see what team we have when the transfer window slams shut!?

Never understood the saying "he wil be better with better players around him", he played in what can only be described as one of our worst midfields in years, and look pish at best.....IMO of course

DanHFC1875
04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Never understood the saying "he wil be better with better players around him", he played in what can only be described as one of our worst midfields in years, and look pish at best.....IMO of course

I said if he applied himself more and more often... I think hhe would be a good player for us... Of course better players help a player on... Ffs!!

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I said if he applied himself more and more often... I think hhe would be a good player for us... Of course better players help a player on... Ffs!!

That is your opinion Dan, pretty galling IMO is a player who doesn't apply himself....Osbourne certainly falls into that category....He needs to turn into Iniesta overnight, to make me think there is a player in him......

DanHFC1875
04-07-2012, 12:59 PM
That is your opinion Dan, pretty galling IMO is a player who doesn't apply himself....Osbourne certainly falls into that category....He needs to turn into Iniesta overnight, to make me think there is a player in him......

Lol Fair enough. He is on a contract at the club, I do still hold out hope of things coming together for him.. Although whether this actually happens or not, will be clear to see after the side settles down.... Assuming he's in it!

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol Fair enough. He is on a contract at the club, I do still hold out hope of things coming together for him.. Although whether this actually happens or not, will be clear to see after the side settles down.... Assuming he's in it!

Think he will be in midfield alongside Claros and Cairney....Not sure if another midfielder is on Fenlon's target list or not?

DanHFC1875
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I think a keeper and strikers are now priority... Although it is obvious we need strengthening all over the park... Unsure of budget, maybe we are too!! With all the nonsense that is going on!!

DanHFC1875
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Fenlon hhas just confirmed my thoughts from yesterday in todays EEN... Strikers n keeper priority lol

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Fenlon hhas just confirmed my thoughts from yesterday in todays EEN... Strikers n keeper priority lol

PF must have read your post Dan:wink:

JimBHibees
05-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Think he will be in midfield alongside Claros and Cairney....Not sure if another midfielder is on Fenlon's target list or not?

That midfield would scare no team in the league IMO. We need a hard physical midfielder, someone like the St Mirren guy Goodwin we were after but better than him. I would be surprised if PF wasnt looking fro a similar type player.

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
That midfield would scare no team in the league IMO. We need a hard physical midfielder, someone like the St Mirren guy Goodwin we were after but better than him. I would be surprised if PF wasnt looking fro a similar type player.

Hope so Jim, we had one of our weakest midfield's for as long as I can remember last season, and hope PF is successful in making us harder to beat, meaning a tougher spine to our side.....We really need a ball winning midfielder again......

silverhibee
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM

And learn to pass the ball to his own players. :greengrin

Did he score last season, i can't remember if he did.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 02:48 PM
And learn to pass the ball to his own players. :greengrin

Did he score last season, i can't remember if he did.

One against Motherwell away in 4-3 defeat, caused an OG in 3-3 draw with Dundee Utd.

Elephant Stone
05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
He's done nothing to merit a starting place next season, another central midfielder should be a high priority.

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
He's done nothing to merit a starting place next season, another central midfielder should be a high priority.

Agreed

silverhibee
05-07-2012, 02:58 PM
One against Motherwell away in 4-3 defeat, caused an OG in 3-3 draw with Dundee Utd.

:tin hat: on but i hope Osbourne and Stevenson are both not in our midfield next season.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
:tin hat: on but i hope Osbourne and Stevenson are both not in our midfield next season.

I'd be happy enough for Stevenson to play, depending on who else is in there. Can't get excited about the possibility of Osbourne being in the team at all.

Spike Mandela
05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
With current ramifications to finances in Scottish football of the Rangers debacle (though possibly not the armageddon Regan speaks of :rolleyes:) many of us, myself included, may have to rein in our hopes of a completely new midfield for this season. Shame.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Potential team:

GK - tbc

LM - Kujabi?
CH - Hanlon
CH - McPake
RB - Clancy

CM - Stevenson?
CM - Claros?
CM - Ozzy?
AM - Cairny
AM - tbc

ST - Doyle

Who knows? I've not gone for wingers as don't think we have natural ones in the team. Would like to see a 442 with wide players though.

DanHFC1875
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
PF must have read your post Dan:wink:

Let's hope he isn't relying on .net forum posts to sort us out :s
Mind you, a lot of folk seem to think they know everything.... I reckon I was just a lil bit psychic

delbert
05-07-2012, 06:31 PM

Our midfield is quite simply the worst in the SPL bar none, and you only have to cast your mind back to the Final to see why. Soares and Osbourne posted missing and uninterested, as they have been during most of the games they have played for the club, has either of these ball winning superstars ever even put in a tackle?? Not to mention being slower than a fortnight. Claros, did we sign him, has he ever played, I don't think I have ever seen him do anything, I wouldn't recognise him if he walked past me in the street and the trouble is the rest of the Hibs team don't seem to know when he is around either. Stevenson, his main talent and the one he picked up the POTY for, he has the ability to run around, and not much more, but I at least give him credit for putting in as much work in any game he plays in as those 3 other imposters do together. Fenlon at least has started fixing this nightmare with the signing of Cairney and although I agree we need a keeper and a striker, we still to my mind are 3 players short in midfiled. Spain were hailed as visionaries for playing without a striker yet we beat them hands down last year, playing with only half a defence and no midfield. Lets hope Fenlon gets full backing from the board to rectify what at the momnet is still a threadbare and certain bottom 6 team.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Potential team:

GK - tbc

LM - Kujabi?
CH - Hanlon
CH - McPake
RB - Clancy

CM - Stevenson?
CM - Claros?
CM - Ozzy?
AM - Cairny
AM - tbc

ST - Doyle

Who knows? I've not gone for wingers as don't think we have natural ones in the team. Would like to see a 442 with wide players though.

I think that potential line up shows just how much work still needs to be done to strengthen the squad before the end of next month.

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I think that potential line up shows just how much work still needs to be done to strengthen the squad before the end of next month.

:agree:

Quite frightening how short of players Hibs are in every department.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Why has no one mentioned that Makalambay was good enough for Chelsea at the Nou Camp!!!

Sir David Gray
05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
:agree:

Quite frightening how short of players Hibs are in every department.

I know this won't happen but if we want to be challenging up at the top end of the league next season then we must NOT have any of the players who played in THAT game, playing any significant part in our plans for next season, with the exception of James McPake, Leigh Griffiths (if he comes back) and possibly Eoin Doyle.

The other players who played that day, and are still at the club, should be nothing more than back up and substitutes.

I think we need another 7 or 8 new players coming in before the end of August, if we want to have any sort of real improvement next season.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
He's one of our better midfielders but would struggle to get a decent SPL side. If we are going to achieve a top 6 finish, he'll have to either improve or settle for a place on the bench.

Jim44
05-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I think Osbourne could turn out alright. For me Claros is a waste of space and his performance (?) at the final was possibly the worst I've seen from a Hibs player. I think and hope he'll be away by Christmas.

hibsbollah
05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm torn with Ozzy. I liked a lot of what I saw especially early on last season, much better with the ball than without it, good first touch and rarely gave the ball away cheaply. Then as the season wore on his weaknesses became more obvious; lack of physical presence, tendency to disappear from games, not enough runs into the box and rarely played any sort of a killer ball.

I also saw him driving the most ludicrous bling white convertible Merc the week of the final, which annoyed me for no explicable reason. Taste is as important as talent for a club like Hibs :greengrin

Be interesting to see how he does this season.

GreenArmy1875
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
type of player we need to protect with battlers, the boy has no pace but really good on the ball.

JohnStephens91
06-07-2012, 05:55 AM
type of player we need to protect with battlers, the boy has no pace but really good on the ball.

I thought Stevenson was our battler? I'd like to see Osbourne do well, I find it hard to want a player to fail in his career, hopefully he can improve this season with hopefully a better standard of midfielder beside him. I know he has hardly set the world alight but it is his final chance, even to impress another SPL club or a League 1 or 2 club so he can further his career if his improvement is not good enough for us. He has my backing and hopefully he can have a few more fans behind him.

DanHFC1875
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I thought Stevenson was our battler? I'd like to see Osbourne do well, I find it hard to want a player to fail in his career, hopefully he can improve this season with hopefully a better standard of midfielder beside him. I know he has hardly set the world alight but it is his final chance, even to impress another SPL club or a League 1 or 2 club so he can further his career if his improvement is not good enough for us. He has my backing and hopefully he can have a few more fans behind him.

Well said that man, he deserves backing. Let's hope we get the right guys in alongside him or whoever is playing!