PDA

View Full Version : AVB new spurs boss

Monts
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18610066

Stevie Reid
03-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I find it absolutely unbelievable that someone my age has already been manager of 4 clubs, 3 of them being Porto, Chelsea and Spurs.

DH1875
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I find it absolutely unbelievable that someone my age has already been manager of 4 clubs, 3 of them being Porto, Chelsea and Spurs.

A well, at least you've got his money :faf:.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Levy needs his head looked at. Redknapp had Spurs playing some of the best stuff their support has seen in decades, and they have replaced him with someone who will soon stop that nonsense.:confused:

Andy74
03-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Levy needs his head looked at. Redknapp had Spurs playing some of the best stuff their support has seen in decades, and they have replaced him with someone who will soon stop that nonsense.:confused:

Agreed.

Part/Time Supporter
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM

You're getting old

:agree:

Stevie Reid
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Completely agree. Brought in with Spurs in a relegation battle, led them to 8th and got them to the Carling Cup Final and lost on penalties to Man Utd; next season CL qualification at Man City's expense, next season 5th and QF of CL, final season 4th, only missing out on CL due to Chelsea.

Will be amazed and incredibly impressed if AVB can take them to the next level.

lyonhibs
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
That will either be a fantastic appointment, or absolutely woeful. I can't see it being a sort of 6 or 7 out of 10 style appointment.

With it being Spurs we're talking about here, I'm hoping for the latter :agree:

Stevie Reid
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
You're getting old

:agree:

:greengrin

That's what watching Hibs does to you...

bawheid
03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I can see this working out very well for Spurs.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I can see this working out very well for Arsenal.

:wink:

bawheid
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
:wink:

:grr:

Arsenal did ok last year against 'Arry's Spurs if I recall... :wink:

HibbyAndy
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
:grr:

Arsenal did ok last year against 'Arry's Spurs if I recall... :wink:

Aye, Coming fae 2-0 down at the Emirates tae pump them 5-2.

yeezus.
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Surprised, but I'm putting my money on Chelsea winning the league next season. I have a feeling it will go down to the wire with them and Man City, I reckon Spurs will finish about 5th, regardless of who's in charge.

Sean1875
03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
He'll do well there. Spurs are similiar to the Porto team he had, good style of football, and he worked absolute wonders with them, 88% win percentage. Reckon he failed at Chelsea because he was still relatively new to management and the 'old guard' refused to accept him in and adapt to his style. Got faith in you AVB :aok:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
He'll do well there. Spurs are similiar to the Porto team he had, good style of football, and he worked absolute wonders with them, 88% win percentage. Reckon he failed at Chelsea because he was still relatively new to management and the 'old guard' refused to accept him in and adapt to his style. Got faith in you AVB :aok:

What would you class as doing well Sean?

Sean1875
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
What would you class as doing well Sean?

Trophies. And just for the record i didn't agree with the sacking of Harry. However, I do feel AVB is the right man to replace him.

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18610066

This is a huge gamble for Spurs good luck to all parties.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
The English media will make his life hell if he doesn't start off very well.

bingo70
03-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I've got a mate who is a st holder at white hart lane and was very critical of redknapp, I pressumed that was because he was whoring himself for the England job but apparently not so maybe so the decline had started and wanted to nip it in the bud? I've no idea but I'm sure levy and my mate see more of spurs than most of us do on here.

Think avb could be a good appointment, got a good record before Chelsea and I think he got a bum deal there, plus I'm guessing he'll have learned from that experience.

PISTOL1875
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I hope he does really well and sticks it right up that cockney ****** John Terry..

Sergio sledge
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
He got a raw deal at Chelsea because Terry, Drogba and Lampard didn't want to play for him. I think he'll do well at Spurs.

frazeHFC
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Didn't do great at Chelsea but obviously did fantastic at Porto. Will be interesting to see how he does at Spurs, whether he really is a top manager or not.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I hope he does really well and sticks it right up that cockney ****** John Terry..

Me too, but i doubt it very much? Chelsea are spending big again, Arsenal will be their main contestant for 4th this season. My money is on Arsenal.

3pm
03-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Me too, but i doubt it very much? Chelsea are spending big again, Arsenal will be their main contestant for 4th this season. My money is on Arsenal.

Very dependant on RVP staying or going.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Very dependant on RVP staying or going.

Maybe, although Van De Vart wants away, and the guy up front who's name escapes me should be back at Madrid? Ledley King has retired i think, i see Spurs as weaker and in major need of surgery before they challenge for 4th.

PeterboroHibee
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Completely agree. Brought in with Spurs in a relegation battle, led them to 8th and got them to the Carling Cup Final and lost on penalties to Man Utd; next season CL qualification at Man City's expense, next season 5th and QF of CL, final season 4th, only missing out on CL due to Chelsea.

Will be amazed and incredibly impressed if AVB can take them to the next level.

Redknapps a funny one. He has done well, but I get the impression that its almost entirely built on good man management, and technically hes really nothing special (which has its limits). The man management seems to work really well if you are one of his 'favourites', but so many quality players hes brought in (and some who were already there) have been alienated, and at times he really could have used those players. I also think he shouts his mouth off a bit too much in the press, something which it appears Levy finally became fed up with.

Whilst 4th should be considered a good finish for Spurs, they were in a superb position to really push on this year, finishing 3rd (or maybe even higher?) and claiming that CL spot. The fact is, the way they ended the season was a disaster.

I really dont understand the criticism of AVB. Hes still a bit of unknown given that this will only be his 4th year of management, but in that time hes managed to win 4 trophies. He was widely touted during his time at Porto so it could be a very good appointment for Spurs. The main problem he faces is being given enough time to settle in, especially with so many idiots in the media giving him a hard time before hes even started (like Durham on talksport).

Billychaotic182
03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't know why but watching the BBC video on AVB I can't help but think he looks like Steven Pressley