PDA

View Full Version : Petrie's role in newco discussions (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Yes or no?

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
"The “lucrative” package of reconstruction proposals – with a new Rangers thrown in – was cooked up by SFA chief executive Stewart Regan, vice-president Rod Petrie, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFL chief executive David Longmuir."

Rod Petrie can easily deny this report - if he doesn't we have to assume that it's true.

This means his role in the SFA is a conflict of interest to his role as Hibernian chairman and I believe he should resign.

degenerated
01-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, if true he is no longer a fit and proper person to run a football club

Would be interesting to know if other clubs chairmen were involved as well.

Emerald
01-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Any plans to change or bend the rules to give NEWCO an advantage over anyone else in Scotland is a scandal, its at odds with all sporting integrity. It is even worse to preach it then secretly plan to do the very thing you are preaching against. IF this is true, he simply HAS to go, no ifs or buts.

Gatecrasher
01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
i like a lot of the work he has done at ER but this will make his position at the club untenable imo

zlatan
01-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Any plans to change or bend the rules to give NEWCO an advantage over anyone else in Scotland is a scandal, its at odds with all sporting integrity. It is even worse to preach it then secretly plan to do the very thing you are preaching against. IF this is true, he simply HAS to go, no ifs or buts.

In a nutshell. It's a discussion for another thread on another day but it's incredible how little grief he has got for taking us so far back since 2007. It'll be interesting to see if this'll be the straw to break a few camels backs.

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Any plans to change or bend the rules to give NEWCO an advantage over anyone else in Scotland is a scandal, its at odds with all sporting integrity. It is even worse to preach it then secretly plan to do the very thing you are preaching against. IF this is true, he simply HAS to go, no ifs or buts.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa00qZrSJAtWpmHMlofKu0x0smHiL7q VVopXwmP0knFYBQwiYRbQ

Emerald
01-07-2012, 10:26 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa00qZrSJAtWpmHMlofKu0x0smHiL7q VVopXwmP0knFYBQwiYRbQ

We used to say "more faces than the toon hall clock" but I bet there are few folk scratching there heads with that one :thumbsup:

matty_f
01-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I clicked no thanks to a dodgy mouse, I meant yes.

marinello59
01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes.

Leishy1995
01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
He can't have said no to newco then tried to help them. Hibs should be his only concern or he needs to leave.

PatHead
01-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Take it we are talking about resigning from Hibs rather than SPL board

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
If he's part of this stitch up, then he cant remain in charge at Hibs.

Personally i'm yet to be convinced he has been involved in this, surely he's not that daft? :confused:

JustSimplyHibs
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
NO - Petrie is a businessman who has instilled finacial stability into this club, the man's thinking is probably along the lines off, well we have a 20000 seater stadium that hasn't be filled once and the last visit of Rangers probably saw more of their fans in our ground than Hibby's.

With this in mind that we struggle to get bums on seats, the TV deal in the balance, three years without Rangers or Newco will be damaging...besides whose to say this document doesn't stipulate a one body two division league (the way it should be) with Rangers in the first????

Believe it or not i actually believe he wants Rangers in the 3rd, from day one the guy has made his feelings and the club's feelings clear while there was no comment from other clubs, however, he is apart of decision making panel that involves many other people who all have different viewpoints

Fans of the Scottish game should be more concentrated on pushing for complete reconstruction with a tier system. Time for change!!

Hibercelona
01-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Lets just wait for the facts before carving our blades. :aok:

I voted yes obviously, but have my doubts about his involvement.

SAUZEH
01-07-2012, 10:43 AM

Personally i'm yet to be convinced he has been involved in this, surely he's not that daft? :confused:

My thoughts exactly, but it is easy to put right as a news article can be put up in minutes by Hibs. Of course if true then this is not just RP and doncaster, it is romanov, thomson, milne, brown, et al as well

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM

Personally i'm yet to be convinced he has been involved in this, surely he's not that daft? :confused:That document has be out there for days now and the silence is deafening, anybody that has nae part in it simply has tae come out and say so. Anybody that cannae or winnae has something tae hide IMO. Surely anybody who has spoken out in favour of sporting integrity cannae have a problem with and must speak out against that disgusting attempt at blackmail and bribery.

So come on all you sporting integrity people, lets be having you?

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes or no?

Resign from role at Hibernian of course, there was a limit to word count in the question...

Caversham Green
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
A yes from me.

Rod spoke about sporting integrity being beyond purchase, Regan said they would act without fear or favour and Longmuir claimed there was no chance of 'Newco' ending up in the first division - if they really were involved in preparing that document they now have zero credibility. All should resign from their posts both at the SFA/SFL and in Petrie's case at Hibs. Doncaster is the only one who has been consistent in his approach, but he is so far out of his depth that he should be sacked in any case.

Like Blackpool, I find it hard to believe that all three have been so foolish.

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 10:52 AM
There's been a lack of unequivocal statements. Clyde and Morton have been more convincing...

If Rod wasn't involved he can easily say so. It takes minutes. if he has to have a meeting before he can do this maybe it would take days?

But I see no reason not to tell the fans what his role is in this. This document was one of the worst pieces of bribery I've seen and no-one has denied its authenticity, despite having been in the public domain for days.

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
That document has be out there for days now, anybody that has nae part in it simply has tae come out and say so. Anybody that cannae or winnae has something tae hide IMO. Anybody who is in favour of sporting integrity must speak out against that disgusting attempt at blackmail and bribery.

I agree, maybe he will soon? At the minute he's guilty of nothing, i agree he needs to come out and tell us his part in this, if indeed he had any part in it?

I might be wrong, but i just dont think he's that daft. I cant see him pissing off the entire Hibs support, especially when being so up front about sporting integrity from the beginning.

I hope i'm right?

JustSimplyHibs
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
A yes from me.

Rod spoke about sporting integrity being beyond purchase, Regan said they would act without fear or favour and Longmuir claimed there was no chance of 'Newco' ending up in the first division - if they really were involved in preparing that document they now have zero credibility. All should resign from their posts both at the SFA/SFL and in Petrie's case at Hibs. Doncaster is the only one who has been consistent in his approach, but he is so far out of his depth that he should be sacked in any case.

Like Blackpool, I find it hard to believe that all three have been so foolish.

That's for the SFL clubs too decide :wink:

Hibernian Verse
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
So am I right in saying that people don't believe that Rangers should be in SPL2? what planet are you on? Everyone will get a shot at applying and of course new rangers will get in but they are exactly that - new rangers!

The punishment has been dished out by the SPL chairmen already. There should be no retrospective punishment as that's against the law. New company, new era.

Petrie has sense here, just that people can't see it because of their tinted specs. Rangers WILL be in SPL2 whether Petrie wants it or not, and all the clubs want reconstruction.

We can't have it both ways and it does t really matter as by the time the SPL2 comes into play it's more than likely that the huns will be in the second or even first division.

RELAX.

Jones28
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Give a wee while for things to come out in the open. IF (and thats a big IF - considering Petrie was the guy who first mentioned sporting integrity) he is a part of it then I would wait to see just how big a part it was. If he has played a major role and it becomes reality then yes, his position is untenable.

Hibercelona
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
So am I right in saying that people don't believe that Rangers should be in SPL2? what planet are you on? Everyone will get a shot at applying and of course new rangers will get in but they are exactly that - new rangers!

The punishment has been dished out by the SPL chairmen already. There should be no retrospective punishment as that's against the law. New company, new era.

Petrie has sense here, just that people can't see it because of their tinted specs. Rangers WILL be in SPL2 whether Petrie wants it or not, and all the clubs want reconstruction.

We can't have it both ways and it does t really matter as by the time the SPL2 comes into play it's more than likely that the huns will be in the second or even first division.

RELAX.

No.

Get Rangers to ****.

Caversham Green
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
That's for the SFL clubs too decide :wink:

It shouldn't be though. Longmuir stated that the rules did not allow for an applicant club to be parachuted into Div 1 and gave the impression that he was strongly opposed to such a fix being concocted in the case of Rangers. If he's now the architect of a proposal to carry out that fix his position becomes untenable.

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 11:04 AM

RELAX.There'd be nae talk or threats of SPL 2 or restructuring, that's no tae say it isnae needed but it should be for the right reasons and no tae get them in, anybody else would have been punted by now and this finished months ago. This has **** all tae dae with the good of Scottish fitba and everything tae dae with getting newco huns as far up the leagues as possible and it's a hastily put together ill thought out piece of nonsense full of threats and bribery. New teams start at the bottom. Even if there is an SPL 2 there are clubs out there with far more history and right tae the places than this newco that disnae even exist as a fitba team yet.

The people running (ruining) the game in this country have nae interest of doing the right thing or what's best for the game. Instead they continue to come across as what they are, a bunch of myopic, self interested, gravy train riding shysters and old firm sycophants who couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything but themselves as long as they can still line their ain pockets.

and if you cannae see that maybe it's you that's on a different planet.

JustSimplyHibs
01-07-2012, 11:07 AM
It shouldn't be though. Longmuir stated that the rules did not allow for an applicant club to be parachuted into Div 1 and gave the impression that he was strongly opposed to such a fix being concocted in the case of Rangers. If he's now the architect of a proposal to carry out that fix his position becomes untenable.

I know however, this is the problem with having so many different bodies involved in such a simple game...SPL have said to Newco playing in the top tier, they can apply to the SFL and it is upto them to decided where they play - SPL clubs don't have a say.

That is why this is a great opportunity for fans of the Scottish game to unite and push for complete reconstruction where one body oversees everything and yes this involves Rangers playing in the lower division (their financial clout in the whole Scottish game from youth to pro is too strong for them not to be involved) think about it even if it was just their diehards that went to watch them play in the 3rd division they would still have more season ticket holders than Hibs and the rest of the SPL bar Celtic and Hearts.

Time for complete change forget about this 4 divisions, x amount of different bodies rubbish

Caversham Green
01-07-2012, 11:13 AM

RELAX.

The proposal isn't about getting Rangers into SPL2, it's about letting them into SFL1 for the forthcoming season. There is a bribe of £1m and a series of spurious advantages listed if the SFL clubs agree to this and a threat of SPL2 with complete separation if they don't. It's difficult to see how it could be much sleazier. Whether an SPL2 is desirable or not is debatable, but the idea that they would rush it through before the start of next season purely to accommodate one corrupt club is disgusting.

It's not about punishment any more, Rangers avoided punishment for most of their crimes by pulling the plug on their old company, it's simply about treating the new company in the same way as they would treat any other club in the same position.

Caversham Green
01-07-2012, 11:19 AM
I know however, this is the problem with having so many different bodies involved in such a simple game...SPL have said to Newco playing in the top tier, they can apply to the SFL and it is upto them to decided where they play - SPL clubs don't have a say.

That is why this is a great opportunity for fans of the Scottish game to unite and push for complete reconstruction where one body oversees everything and yes this involves Rangers playing in the lower division (their financial clout in the whole Scottish game from youth to pro is too strong for them not to be involved) think about it even if it was just their diehards that went to watch them play in the 3rd division they would still have more season ticket holders than Hibs and the rest of the SPL bar Celtic and Hearts.

Time for complete change forget about this 4 divisions, x amount of different bodies rubbish

Agree with nearly all of that, but IMO it's too late to start reconstruction for the forthcoming season so the current structure must be adhered to in full rather than concocting some half-arsed plan to assist a club that doesn't deserve any sort of favourable treatment. By all means state that this will be the last season under the current set-up and arrange a better structure for 2013-14 but do it for sporting reasons and above all do it without fear or favour.

Hibernian Verse
01-07-2012, 11:21 AM
and if you cannae see that maybe it's you that's on a different planet.

DD I fully understand the reasons why people want Rangers to be as far down the divisions but we have all been calling for restructure for a while now that I feel we can't complain when it comes to pass. It won't come into play until next season at the earliest, by then I believe Rangers will be in SFL2. They could easily be in the First by the time it actually does come in, by which time we can't turn around and say 'no' because they'll have had two seasons working their way up the leagues.

My point is that if they do that, do you still want them rejected into SPL2? You're calling for punishment, and 3rd Division is the highest punishment bar not getting into the leagues that Scottish Football can give.

And I also understand (Caversham) that people are talking of SPL1, but I will believe that when I see it. Bribes and corruption are merely papertalk just now and I don't buy it.

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
DD I fully understand the reasons why people want Rangers to be as far down the divisions but we have all been calling for restructure for a while now that I feel we can't complain when it comes to pass. It won't come into play until next season at the earliest, by then I believe Rangers will be in SFL2. They could easily be in the First by the time it actually does come in, by which time we can't turn around and say 'no' because they'll have had two seasons working their way up the leagues.

My point is that if they do that, do you still want them rejected into SPL2? You're calling for punishment, and 3rd Division is the highest punishment bar not getting into the leagues that Scottish Football can give.

And I also understand that people are talking of SPL1, but I will believe that when I see it. Bribes and corruption are merely papertalk just now and I don't buy it.

It's not 'punishment' mate. There is no punishment in liquidation. The club have gone into liquidation through their own means.

The only 'punishment' was the transfer ban and fine but that is supposed to be being reviewed.

The consequences of liquidation (not punishment) is that Rangers Football Club is dead.

The owners of Rangers assets have made it clear that they want to start a new club, which is currently called Sevco Scotland I believe.

As a new club they need to be treated the same as any other new club. If they want to join the SFL then any new club would have to apply for the bottom tier.

There is no 'punishment' whatsoever involved.

matty_f
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM

And I also understand (Caversham) that people are talking of SPL1, but I will believe that when I see it. Bribes and corruption are merely papertalk just now and I don't buy it.

There is a huge appetite for change in the Scottish game, but it needs to be done properly. What we have here is a botch job specifically designed to cram newco Rangers back into the top flight at the earliest convenience. It's bulls**t.

Rangers didn't want reconstruction when we were pushing for it recently, in fact, the SPL didn't want reconstruction as apparently it was going to cost too much. Now they want to put it through in a couple of weeks?!

I don't want newco Rangers to be treated worse than any other teams, but I certainly don't think they should be treated any better. It HAS to be equal. A new club has to follow the same process to get into the SFL as a Highland League club that wanted to get into it would.

When newco Rangers' plight is determined and we know where they're ending up, then the various bodies and clubs can get round the table and discuss reconstruction, and newco Rangers - if they're allowed in the league - can have thier say the same as every other club.

virtualhibby
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM
In a nutshell. It's a discussion for another thread on another day but it's incredible how little grief he has got for taking us so far back since 2007. It'll be interesting to see if this'll be the straw to break a few camels backs.

Agreed. He should be gone based on his record at HFC alone. It would seem he is involved due to his position in SPL comittee but he needs a fair hearing on this part.

Caversham Green
01-07-2012, 11:35 AM

That's fair enough if the process is allowed to take it's course in an appropriate timeframe, but the document that we're discussing explicitly proposes Rangers in SFL1 with a payment of £1m from the SPL (which is no more than a bribe IMO) and a threat that if it doesn't happen SPL2 will be formed and the SFL will be cut adrift.

And maybe we should stop talking about punishment - the witch is dead and will soon be burnt by BDO - and start talking about due process. That puts the new Rangers squarely in SFL3.

Hibercelona
01-07-2012, 11:41 AM
It's not 'punishment' mate. There is no punishment in liquidation. The club have gone into liquidation through their own means.

The only 'punishment' was the transfer ban and fine but that is supposed to be being reviewed.

The consequences of liquidation (not punishment) is that Rangers Football Club is dead.

The owners of Rangers assets have made it clear that they want to start a new club, which is currently called Sevco Scotland I believe.

As a new club they need to be treated the same as any other new club. If they want to join the SFL then any new club would have to apply for the bottom tier.

There is no 'punishment' whatsoever involved.

Exactly. :agree:

It's a law of the game and it must be abided.

Rangers are no more, so they can't be "punished". There is now a new company that has been formed and if they want to gain entry into the SFL, then they have to apply for it. End of story.

Coco Bryce
01-07-2012, 11:45 AM
If true, Hibs will be hated by every club in Scottish football with the exception of newco huns.

Dearie me...

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM

And I also understand (Caversham) that people are talking of SPL1, but I will believe that when I see it. Bribes and corruption are merely papertalk just now and I don't buy it.not for the reasons it has and we'll never agree on that.

I want my team tae compete in a sport that at least has some basis in fairness, here we have the perfect opportunity tae achieve and mair besides that, yet these *******s would rather resort tae bribery, blackmail and corruption tae try and maintain the status quo and keep their gravy train rolling. The bribes and blackmail are no just paper talk, that document exists yet naebody seems tae want tae confirm or deny their involvement in it, I wonder why?

Ray_
01-07-2012, 12:16 PM
That document has be out there for days now and the silence is deafening, anybody that has nae part in it simply has tae come out and say so. Anybody that cannae or winnae has something tae hide IMO. Surely anybody who has spoken out in favour of sporting integrity cannae have a problem with and must speak out against that disgusting attempt at blackmail and bribery.

So come on all you sporting integrity people, lets be having you?

Don't know if this is new or not!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2012/06/30/hibs-insist-chief-rod-petrie-has-no-say-over-which-league-rangers-will-play-in-next-season-86908-23902619/

Eyrie
01-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Abso-bleeping-lutely.

For someone who was so quick to public state that sporting integrity is beyond price, Petrie's position at Hibs (and incidentally also at the SFA) would become untenable if he is behind a grubby and unprincipled attempt to ignore the rules by parachuting Sevco 5088 into Division One, complete with the threat to create a SPL2 with the sole aim of including Sevco 5088 should this attempt be rejected by more sensible individuals.

And the failure by Hibs to kill the story with a denial speaks volumes. Simply confirming that we will vote "no" to Huns RIP transferring their SPL share to Sevco and that it is then up to the SFL to decide which league the new club will play in is NOT the same as stating that Petrie is not responsible for this stitch up and that we expect the normal rules to be applied, as indeed Stewart Milne and others have said.

BEEJ
01-07-2012, 12:48 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2012/06/30/hibs-insist-chief-rod-petrie-has-no-say-over-which-league-rangers-will-play-in-next-season-86908-23902619/
It just reiterates the club statement that was on the official site.

Baba O'riley
01-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Abso-bleeping-lutely.

For someone who was so quick to public state that sporting integrity is beyond price, Petrie's position at Hibs (and incidentally also at the SFA) would become untenable if he is behind a grubby and unprincipled attempt to ignore the rules by parachuting Sevco 5088 into Division One, complete with the threat to create a SPL2 with the sole aim of including Sevco 5088 should this attempt be rejected by more sensible individuals.

And the failure by Hibs to kill the story with a denial speaks volumes. Simply confirming that we will vote "no" to Huns RIP transferring their SPL share to Sevco and that it is then up to the SFL to decide which league the new club will play in is NOT the same as stating that Petrie is not responsible for this stitch up and that we expect the normal rules to be applied, as indeed Stewart Milne and others have said.

Exactly. He would have been better taking the Kilmarnock stance of saying finance was more important than integrity from day 1 if that's what he really thinks, and not being a complete and utter hypocrite.

Onion
01-07-2012, 01:09 PM
He should if he has, but he'll never admit to that, so he'll keep schtum and carry on.

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2012, 01:23 PM
I have never been his biggest fan, and often wondered how he could be chairman of us, and vice president of SPL, surely some sort of conflict of interest.....

IF RP had been involved in this shambles of reconstruction, after openly banging the sporting integrity drum, then he will have been hypocritical, and should be removed from Hibs post, however, will he come out and deny it? If he distances himself from the ridiculous proposals then he has been true to his word, I'm not so sure about it all though, it absolutely whiffs.....

Mind you RP and his cohorts should have been hung from lampposts for season of dross, and their shambolic part in the Calderclown scenario.....

silverhibee
01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree, maybe he will soon? At the minute he's guilty of nothing, i agree he needs to come out and tell us his part in this, if indeed he had any part in it?

I might be wrong, but i just dont think he's that daft. I cant see him pissing off the entire Hibs support, especially when being so up front about sporting integrity from the beginning.

I hope i'm right?

He done it with us regarding Calderwood, so don't think it will bother him again to piss us of once more, we except it and just roll over and Big Rod knows that.

Soft touch indeed.

Frazerbob
01-07-2012, 01:47 PM
He should have resigned after the the Calderwood debacle. He should have resigned after the latest farce of a season. He should have resigned after our most embarrassing 90 minutes in our history. There's no way he'll go over this latest farce.

Just_Jimmy
01-07-2012, 02:10 PM
He should have been hounded out for his failures as Hibs chairman time and again. This is the final nail in his coffin however and surely he cannot and will not survive this?

basehibby
01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes or no?

No he should not resign over this - as part of the SPL/SFA/SFL contingent set the task of sorting out the Newco mess it will have been part of his job to put together viable options for the SFL clubs to vote on - given the fevered speculation and debate it was inevitable that these options would include one for parachuting new-huns into Div 1 as well as one for just letting them apply to Div 3. This they have done - but it will be entirely up to the SFL clubs what the actual outcome will be - outlining proposals to be voted upon is a very different thing to advocating them so NO WAY should Petrie resign from Hibs over this.

gramskiwood
01-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Does not deny that he had anything to do with the document in question.:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I voted no.

When this process started, the clear majority of the SPL clubs and Doncaster wanted to fix something that would allow a newco into the SPL, but with deductions of points and prize money. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268) I believe Rod was always opposed to allowing newco into the SPL, but he needed to find a way to get the other clubs to agree to his position. However inadequate and morally questionable this SFL1 / SPL2 "compromise" is, it at least softened the ground and allowed the other clubs to declare their position against newco without seemingly risking the television contract.

Basically what I am saying is that if it wasn't for Petrie, I think "new Rangers" would be playing in the SPL next season. If there's an argument for him to go, it's on much stronger ground in relation to his track record of managerial appointments.

--------
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Abso-bleeping-lutely.

100% AGREED.

Unless I've entirely misunderstood, this document proposes that Sevco5088 should be allowed into SFL Div 1, and the SPL will pay the SFL a million quid to be allowed to televise Sevco5088's Div 1 games via the present Sky contract.

In other words, business as usual.

And if the SFL clubs don't like it, the SPL will set up SPL2, by invitation only, and while they don't actually say it, we can be sure that any club (say, Clyde or Raith Rovers, for example) who weren't good co-operative little boys at the vote regarding Newhuns United's admission to Div One WON'T BE ALLOWED INTO SPL2.

And Mr Rod 'Sporting Integrity' Petrie is one of the guys pushing this at the SFL clubs right now?

Or at least, he hasn't as yet dissociated himself from it?

How different is this from just letting New Rangers back into the SPL now?

I don't know whether I'm more angry about the bending of the rules, the hypocrisy, and the attempt to blackmail the SFL clubs into co-operating, or the fact that Mr Sporting Integrity seems to think all our heads button up the back.

May we assume that STF is also in favour of this 'solution' to the 'Rangers scenario'?

Jim44
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Never read so much ill informed bollocks in my life

Do enlighten us.:greengrin I'm a definite yes. Petrie likes to stay quiet and let others prattle on before coming out with something which sets him up in a good light. I think he's misjudged this situation.

Hibercelona
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM
He should have been hounded out for his failures as Hibs chairman time and again. This is the final nail in his coffin however and surely he cannot and will not survive this?

He'll survive as long as we allow him to survive.

There are too many fans just sitting back and hoping that he'll resign. RP isn't the type of man to do this, he would need to be forced out.

The Falcon
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM

If proper procedures, as far as I understand them to be that is, are followed then Sevco will apply for the vacancy in the SFL which was caused by the team formerley known as Rangers being unable to continue. Everyone moves up one and Sevco bid for votes alaonside Spartans, Cove, Gala and others who may fancy a pop at the leagues. They have put themselves in this position and no one owes them a thing, in fact i would even say the three teams mentioned are more deserving of the empty space than Newhun Ltd.

FWIW I think this document is a sham, cobbled together to satisfy the Michael Johnson's of this world and I would hope Rod, at least, will have predicted the furor it's causing and that there is increasingly little chance, if there was any in the first place, that this will be accepted whilst having the added bonus that even producing the thing limits Sevco's legal options once that rejection takes place. The authorities appear to have bent over backwards to accomodate them and it's their (former) fellow members who are passing judgment on their misdemeanours. Who do they sue then?

I cant see how they will be in any position to compete at all in the coming season.

ancient hibee
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
The readiness of Hibs supporters to always believe the worst of anyone connected to the club is nauseating.If it's not the players it's the manager.If it's not the manager it's the board.Hibs have rightly stated that a decision on where Rangers play is up to others.But for some it's much better to make up stories and use them for their own agendas.Petrie represented the SFA as he is vice president and Ogilvie is barred.The idea that he was busy drawing up a document for Longmuir to send out is bizarre.The SFA has to be involved as they are the controllg body but the SFL will decide.There is no SPL 2 and won't be this season.

Mon Dieu4
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
No he should not resign over this - as part of the SPL/SFA/SFL contingent set the task of sorting out the Newco mess it will have been part of his job to put together viable options for the SFL clubs to vote on - given the fevered speculation and debate it was inevitable that these options would include one for parachuting new-huns into Div 1 as well as one for just letting them apply to Div 3. This they have done - but it will be entirely up to the SFL clubs what the actual outcome will be - outlining proposals to be voted upon is a very different thing to advocating them so NO WAY should Petrie resign from Hibs over this.

i agree with lots you say that in his SFA position he will have been tasked with sorting this out but there is no defence whatsoever for the content of the document, the bullying nature of it and the outright scaremongering

if he had any part of that then he should be thoroughly ashamed and should either quit his SFA post as a point of principal if he was against it

either way he should have the "integrity" to tell us straight

Just_Jimmy
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
He'll survive as long as we allow him to survive.

There are too many fans just sitting back and hoping that he'll resign. RP isn't the type of man to do this, he would need to be forced out.

agreed. Pat called us 'soft touches' as a club. this would be another example of that.

Petrie must go if he is involved in this.

Kojock
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Believe it or not i actually believe he wants Rangers in the 3rd, from day one the guy has made his feelings and the club's feelings clear while there was no comment from other clubs, however, he is apart of decision making panel that involves many other people who all have different viewpoints

Not true, I spoke to Rod Petrie many time in Behind The Goals and he always advocated that we needed Rangers in the SPL because of the money that would be lost to the SPL clubs. He said that the good thing would be that Rangers would be back on our terms and playing to our rules.

I was suprised when he came out with the NO to Newco vote, but it appears that all the time he was scheming behind our backs. IF that is the case then Rod has scored an incredible own goal and should resign immediately.

I have put a lot of faith in Rod over the years and argued his corner many times, but IF TRUE this is a step too far.

leggeto
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
i think he should leave anyway he has done well with the money side over the years but needs to help the manager with funds

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I voted no.

When this process started, the clear majority of the SPL clubs and Doncaster wanted to fix something that would allow a newco into the SPL, but with deductions of points and prize money. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268) I believe Rod was always opposed to allowing newco into the SPL, but he needed to find a way to get the other clubs to agree to his position. However inadequate and morally questionable this SFL1 / SPL2 "compromise" is, it at least softened the ground and allowed the other clubs to declare their position against newco without seemingly risking the television contract.

Basically what I am saying is that if it wasn't for Petrie, I think "new Rangers" would be playing in the SPL next season. If there's an argument for him to go, it's on much stronger ground in relation to his track record of managerial appointments.So that makes it alright then? If what you say is true and Petrie helped achieve a no newco in the SPL by promising tae try and force the hand of SFL clubs by bribing and blackmailing them in tae letting newco in tae division 1. That's every bit as bad, in fact worse than just letting them in tae the SPL and why did he bring integrity in tae it when it's nae such ****in' thing and what it really is is a total ****in' sham.

Here's an idea, how about they get treated the same as any other club would have instead of all the conniving and double dealing. How about doing the right thing by the majority instead of being driven by their own ****in' greed and selfishness.

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
So that makes it alright then? If what you say is true and Petrie helped achieve a no newco in the SPL by promising tae try and force the hand of SFL clubs by bribing and blackmailing them in tae letting newco in tae division 1. That's every bit as bad, in fact worse than just letting them in tae the SPL and why did he bring integrity in tae it when it's nae such ****in' thing and what it really is is a total ****in' sham.

Here's an idea, how about they get treated the same as any other club would have instead of all the conniving and double dealing. How about doing the right thing by the majority instead of being driven by their own ****in' greed and selfishness.

Football politics is just the same as real politics. It's very comforting just to sit in your ideological certainty of whatever it is you or I believe in, but that can not be achieved without manipulating the argument to allow people who are not as certain in their views to come aboard. We should simply continue to argue our position in relation to newco, then judge based upon the outcome.

Kojock
01-07-2012, 03:57 PM

That is the whole point. The Newco mess was easy to deal with, Old Huns no longer exist and as such a vacancy exists in the SPL, a club from SFL 1 should be invited to join the SPL thus filling the SPL vacancy. This creates a vacancy in SFL 3.

Rules are already in place to deal with new entrants to the SFL and any Newco has to apply for the vacancy created by Old Huns demise . All applicants for the vacant position should be considered and whoever fits the criteria will be invited into league three.

There is no requirement for a vote to get New Huns into SPL and this whole sorry mess was created by the SFA SPL themselves because they have bent over backwards to try and keep the cash cow Newco Huns in the top leagues.

The solution to this whole mess was simple. STICK TO THE F****ING RULES

grunt
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
If Rod were to go, who would we have as Chairman?

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
That is the whole point. The Newco mess was easy to deal with, Old Huns no longer exist and as such a vacancy exists in the SPL, a club from SFL 1 should be invited to join the SPL thus filling the SPL vacancy. This creates a vacancy in SFL 3.

Rules are already in place to deal with new entrants to the SFL and any Newco has to apply for the vacancy created by Old Huns demise . All applicants for the vacant position should be considered and whoever fits the criteria will be invited into league three.

There is no requirement for a vote to get New Huns into SPL and this whole sorry mess was created by the SFA SPL themselves because they have bent over backwards to try and keep the cash cow Newco Huns in the top leagues.

But that's the point, the SPL never had any intention of sticking to the rules. Doncaster and other SPL clubs were backing a proposal to make up new rules to allow newcos into the SPL, but with 10 points off for a couple of seasons. Therefore the public pressure and an alternative plan was needed to bring enough clubs around to at least excluding newco from the SPL.

Hopefully the public pressure will be sufficient to reject that plan and we will end up with the result that should have happened all along, ie everyone shuffling up to replace the old Rangers vacancy, with new Rangers applying (along with anyone else who is interested) for the resulting vacancy in SFL3.

01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
If Rod is involved in this in anyway (I do still have my doubts about it though) then all his talk about "sporting integrity" is bull and yes I would no longer deem him right to run Hibernian FC.

leggeto
01-07-2012, 04:17 PM

:thumbsup::rules:

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2012, 04:19 PM

Thats it in a nutshell HSH, no need for any of this bullsh**. The only reason we are still talking about this, is because those at the top do not have the balls to adhere their rules, the rules each club sign up to.

These buggers are so corrupt, they are not even bothering to hide it now. They are more concerned with losing Rangers and their support, they cant see just how many non Rangers fans they are pissing right off?

We have all thought those running the game on our behalf :rolleyes: were corrupt, we now know whatever happens with Rangers that they are, there is no doubt now at all.

Saorsa
01-07-2012, 04:24 PM

The solution to this whole mess was simple. STICK TO THE F****ING RULES:top marks

Thats it in a nutshell HSH, no need for any of this bullsh**. The only reason we are still talking about this, is because those at the top do not have the balls to adhere their rules, the rules each club sign up to.

These buggers are so corrupt, they are not even bothering to hide it now. They are more concerned with losing Rangers and their support, they cant see just how many non Rangers fans they are pissing right off?

We have all thought those running the game on our behalf :rolleyes: were corrupt, we now know whatever happens with Rangers that they are, there is no doubt now at all.:agree: I've no highlighted the on our behalf bit as I believe they've never been running it on our behalf, they've just been running it and running it only tae line their ain pockets.

Cropley10
01-07-2012, 04:29 PM

RELAX.

What a total and utter load of bollox.

SPL2 - whatever that is - is being suggested to allow NewRangers the absolute minimum amount of time away from top-flight football.

RFC went bust owing you, me and every person millions, more disgraceful than that they owe millions to small businesses. They went bust, their assets have been sold for a song, to try and put them beyond the reach of creditors. The purchaser is looking to maximise his profit by selling these assets on. Currently they have 13 players but no league to play in nor license either.

As a result of RFC going bust they have to forego their League share, this isn't a punishment. Other SPL clubs influenced by their fans thought the idea of a Club going just and then reemerging in the same League as unacceptable. This isn't a punishment either.

So far we are STILL waiting for any sort of punishment to be handed down; either for Bringing the Game into Disrepute, taking a football matter to the CoS, not filing Financial Accounts, Dual Payments and so on. The only thing to have happened to them is a 10 point penalty and even that didn't affect their league position.

However we are all constantly being told that their 140 years of history is intact, meaning they walk away from £100m of debt but keep all their titles. AND won't have to accept any punishment either! This is madness.

Rangers used to play in front of 8,000. The last time they were weak Scottish football was strong. There is absolutely no guarantee they will waltz through the Leagues, nor that the fans won't in fact do plenty of walking away.

If Rangers want to reform and be readmitted do it the same way anyone else would. The way Bomber Brown is behaving, the antics of Green and probably Whyte, Sir Walter of Cradigan and everyone else involved on their side in this omnishambles proves that the Hun cannot get their act together. And if they can't get their act together now when they have to what makes anyone think they will mobilise themselves in time to be competitive?

There are far too many assumptions being made, NewRangers have a ton of work to do to even play a fixture never mind getting back to working as the most boring duopoly in world football.

Their demise is every other Clubs gain. Hell mend them.

Oh, and should RP resign if he's behind this document? Of course he should. He's essentially said one thing and done another.

ekhibee
01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I know that Hibs often keep their cards close to the chest, and don't announce things until it is really necessary, and I can appreciate that to a certain extent, particularly when rumours are circulating. But the article by the BBC did not mention any other chairmen doing the 'briefing', just Petrie. For me, now is not the time for Hibs to remain silent on this if Petrie had nothing to do with it. In this case, because there has been no denial by Hibs of the statement, it is only fair to assume that he did indeed brief Charles Green. If that is indeed the case, and at the moment there is no denial to suggest otherwise, then Petrie has not only made his own position untenable, he's responsible for a massive PR disaster that could have lasting consequences for the club. So because I have heard nothing from Hibs to the contrary, I have voted YES.

Beefster
01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I voted no.

Basically what I am saying is that if it wasn't for Petrie, I think "new Rangers" would be playing in the SPL next season. If there's an argument for him to go, it's on much stronger ground in relation to his track record of managerial appointments.

There's an awful lot of ifs, believes and supposition in this post, PTS. I don't believe for a second that, without Rodders, Sevco5088 would be playing in the SPL next season. It was the collective SPL support that made the difference. Make no mistake, without us, even Rodders would have voted them straight back in.

Rodders has ****ed up big-time in this and has come across as a two-faced cretin who has treated the support with contempt. The sooner he realises that, the better.

Dashing Bob S
01-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Petrie is either a stunning hypocrite, or, worse, a damn fool, who has allowed himself to be played by Regan/Doncaster. I'd be more surprised if its the second rather the first. Either way, he should resign.

Cropley10
01-07-2012, 04:42 PM

We don't need a Chairman and a Chief Exec, so there's your answer.

The Green Goblin
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM

Someone else. Preferably untainted by recent shenanigans. RP is not the only human being in the world who could run Hibs.

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
There's an awful lot of ifs, believes and supposition in this post, PTS. I don't believe for a second that, without Rodders, Sevco5088 would be playing in the SPL next season. It was the collective SPL support that made the difference. Make no mistake, without us, even Rodders would have voted them straight back in.

Rodders has ****ed up big-time in this and has come across as a two-faced cretin who has treated the support with contempt. The sooner he realises that, the better.

Okay then, I'll pare it back to what we know.

Hibs have always been insistent that Rangers should be severely punished. Even before Rod's public statement in May (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520), I think everyone who contacted the board about this received a reply to that effect.

The SPL proposed that newcos should be allowed into the SPL, with only a 10 point penalty and possibly a financial deduction (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268) (relatively small beer in Rangers' case). Neil Doncaster publicly argued (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18148989) that there was little or no difference between a newco and agreeing a CVA. The clubs believed at this point newco would be allowed in (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17967968).

Those proposals were then voted down by the clubs (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18263819), who also insisted that any Rangers decision should be taken by full membership rather than the SPL board (dominated by Neil Doncaster and Ralph Topping).

Rangers had their CVA rejected, which turned the newco scenario from hypothesis into reality. The clubs were then faced with a choice: vote for the newco and risk public anger, or vote against and risk the television contract.

After a meeting of the 10 non-OF SPL clubs, most of them (including Hibs) announced within a week that they would vote against newco (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192).

It has since emerged there is now a new SPL plan (with agreement of SFA and SFL executives) for newco Rangers to enter SFL1, or failing that set up an SPL2. We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan.

I just think we need to sit back and reflect on the fact that two months ago it was probable that newco would be allowed into the SPL. Now their best case scenario is first division, with a good chance that can also be prevented if we maintain our unity and pressure on those involved. I don't think getting sidetracked into nitpicking over what Rod Petrie may or may not have done helps in this end. And, as I said before, if there is an argument over whether he should continue as Hibs chairman, it should primarily be based on his track record with Hibs.

adhibs
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
massive pressure needs to be put on petrie to resign, hes a disgrace to hibs. i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was.

most important thing just now tho is to make sure the huns end up in the 3rd division at best

Kojock
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM

It has since emerged there is now a new SPL plan (with agreement of SFA and SFL executives) for newco Rangers to enter SFL1, or failing that set up an SPL2. We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan.

Hibs chairman Rod Petrie has told BBC Scotland that sporting integrity should come before any financial benefit to Scottish Premier League clubs

The two statements are the total opposite and that is what is p1ssing everyone off. So what is it Rod we really want to know. :confused:

--------
01-07-2012, 05:50 PM
the two statements are the total opposite and that is what is p1ssing everyone off. So what is it rod we really want to know. :confused:

exactly.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
massive pressure needs to be put on petrie to resign, hes a disgrace to hibs. i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was.

most important thing just now tho is to make sure the huns end up in the 3rd division at best

So glad you're not my lawyer :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2012, 06:26 PM

I just think we need to sit back and reflect on the fact that two months ago it was probable that newco would be allowed into the SPL. Now their best case scenario is first division, with a good chance that can also be prevented if we maintain our unity and pressure on those involved. I don't think getting sidetracked into nitpicking over what Rod Petrie may or may not have done helps in this end. And, as I said before, if there is an argument over whether he should continue as Hibs chairman, it should primarily be based on his track record with Hibs.

I've been away for a couple of days....Stone Roses :agree:.... so I'm catching up on what's been happening.

Do we know that for certain?

Spike Mandela
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM

What, is there nobody else in the world that could do it?:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
01-07-2012, 06:35 PM
There will be no miracles here.

Lungo--Drom
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes

Seveno
01-07-2012, 06:38 PM

I've been away for a couple of days....Stone Roses :agree:.... so I'm catching up on what's been happening.

We know nothing for certain other than some Press allegations. The same Press that we have been criticising for the duration of this thread. I find the hysteria on the last few pages to be quite embarrassing. To be attacking our own on the basis of so little evidence is quite disgraceful.

RP was the only person to state that sporting integrity must come before financial matters long before them fans revolt and the impact on the sale of STs wad apparent. We should cut him some slack until more emerges.

In any case, Sevco are f***ed and I can't see any form of Rangers playing in any League next season.

Paisley Hibby
01-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Absobloodylutely!! It would mean he is a complete hypocrite. He can **** off if this is true.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
We know nothing for certain other than some Press allegations. The same Press that we have been criticising for the duration of this thread. I find the hysteria on the last few pages to be quite embarrassing. To be attacking our own on the basis of so little evidence is quite disgraceful.

RP was the only person to state that sporting integrity must come before financial matters long before them fans revolt and the impact on the sale of STs wad apparent. We should cut him some slack until more emerges.

In any case, Sevco are f***ed and I can't see any form of Rangers playing in any League next season.

Ok, thanks for that.

So Rod is hanged, drawn and quartered before he's even been arrested? Sounds like par for the course throughout the whole saga. As is my wont, I'll wait for the facts.

Cropley10
01-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Ok, thanks for that.

So Rod is hanged, drawn and quartered before he's even been arrested? Sounds like par for the course throughout the whole saga. As is my wont, I'll wait for the facts.

The OP used the word IF. So it's a hypothetical question. Not sure anyone has hung, drawn or quartered him. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2012, 07:19 PM
The OP used the word IF. So it's a hypothetical question. Not sure anyone has hung, drawn or quartered him. :confused:

Like I said, I am just catching up on things.

I have only read the few posts from today, two of which stand out....

"We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan."

"i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was."

Seems pretty well executed, m'lud. :greengrin

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Like I said, I am just catching up on things.

I have only read the few posts from today, two of which stand out....

"We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan."

"i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was."

Seems pretty well executed, m'lud. :greengrin

Yep the clue is in the word 'if' in the poll question

If he hasn't been involved it will be very easy to come clean

--------
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
There will be no miracles here.

Would not this properly be an ecumenical matter?

grunt
01-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Someone else. Preferably untainted by recent shenanigans. RP is not the only human being in the world who could run Hibs.

What, is there nobody else in the world that could do it?:confused:

It was just a question.

joe breezy
01-07-2012, 09:09 PM

I see what you're saying but that document was so bad that whoever was involved needs to resign immediately

It's a huge matter and needs addressed urgently

DiscoLovinHibee
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I voted Yes as him leaving his post is what we need, but in reality resignation should have been handed in after the Calderwood farce.

If it turns out (and it looks like its true) he was involved in this disgusting statement then he should not resign he should be fired as he is no longer fit enough to be in such an important position at OUR club.

The Green Goblin
01-07-2012, 10:19 PM
It was just a question.

I wasn't having a go, just trying to suggest a (general) answer.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-07-2012, 12:08 AM

It would appear that Rod is not The Resurrection :greengrin

1875godsgift
02-07-2012, 01:04 AM
If I was Rod in his official position within the SFA, bearing in mind Regan is "on holiday", and Doncaster, Green and probably Ogilvie approached me with their latest cunning plan I'd be there going
" Aye that's a brilliant ploy boys, you're dangling a very small carrot behind a thinly veiled threat. That'll get everybody on your side! "
Meanwhile laughing behind my tache knowing that they'd really f****d things up this time ( again ).

basehibby
02-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Have had a better look at the reports and was maybe a bit hasty in giving Rod my backing over this one - the notion of a closed shop SPL2 and it's use as a thinly veiled threat is bang out of order. I'm not against reconstruction for the good of the game as a whole but not just for the benefit of newco huns fc.

Any new set up would have to have an avenue for better teams to gain promotion to it or it would be a non-starter for me and the notion of blocking out teams like Raith Rovers and Falkirk out of spite is just plain evil!

alexedwards
02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Are there seriously folk out there who believe the SFA Vice President was not aware of the contents of this document? :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Are there seriously folk out there who believe the SFA Vice President was not aware of the contents of this document? :rolleyes:

No, but this is the SFA we are talking about.

:greengrin

green glory
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm prepared to give the mousered one the benefit of the doubt.

If one chairman has been in touch with the fans throughout this whole affair it's been Petrie. I'm willing to bet he knew very well these proposals were doomed to failure, as was willing to go along with them in the full knowledge they'd get the reaction they have.

If this is the case he's played a blinder. If not he's seriously misjudged the depth of feeling.

He's the architect of the 'sporting integrity' stance, and I think we should remember that before calling for his moustachioed head.

FitbaFolkKen
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM

But has he been chasing fools gold?.......oh dear!

Sunny1875
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Would that be the Glory hunting successful club diehards, or the pre Sounness and Murray 6K to 8K that turned up once a fortnight at Ipox

Seveno
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm prepared to give the mousered one the benefit of the doubt.

If one chairman has been in touch with the fans throughout this whole affair it's been Petrie. I'm willing to bet he knew very well these proposals were doomed to failure, as was willing to go along with them in the full knowledge they'd get the reaction they have.

If this is the case he's played a blinder. If not he's seriously misjudged the depth of feeling.

He's the architect of the 'sporting integrity' stance, and I think we should remember that before calling for his moustachioed head.

Not so far fetched. We are, afterall, talking about the Harry Potter of negotiations. The man that signed James McPake for nought. :not worth

keithkeith
02-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Not so far fetched. We are, afterall, talking about the Harry Potter of negotiations. The man that signed James McPake for nought. :not worth

Agree

Captain Trips
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
RP if not sooner should have resigned 1 minute after sacking CC, I doubt then he will ever resign.

Bad Martini
02-07-2012, 11:05 PM

Bye bye badman? :greengrin

ginger_rice
03-07-2012, 08:12 AM

No but this is the one he's been waiting for. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM

He may well have signed him for nowt but whats in it for his former club when he is sold next summer for a couple of millions.
On the Petrie document subject, he may have had no choice but to release the document on behalf of others.

Caversham Green
03-07-2012, 09:17 AM

It's distinctly possible that he was aware of it but did not approve of it. If it was produced by a committee of which he was a member and he was outvoted on it there's little he could do (other than possibly resign from the committee) and probably isn't in a position to say much either as things currently stand.

If he approved it then he has no place on the Hibs board IMO, but I think there will be more to come out on that document yet.

Lungo--Drom
03-07-2012, 09:25 AM
From a close study of his tache it could be suggested that he was indeed meant to be the Second Coming...
...in a bad 1970s Swedish porn film, but then he got celestially beamed down to the wrong country and in the wrong decade and became a merchant banker instead.

The Modfather
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
So, did we ever find out what Petrie's role in "that" document was? Or has he, unfortunately, survived another close shave?

Joe Baker II
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Would that be the Glory hunting successful club diehards, or the pre Sounness and Murray 6K to 8K that turned up once a fortnight at Ipox

Rangers average crowd I think you will find was around 27000 the season before Souness arrived.

JimBHibees
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Rangers average crowd I think you will find was around 27000 the season before Souness arrived.

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/club_records_league_attendance.php

25119 still vastly reduced from what they commonly get now.

Joe Baker II
05-07-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/club_records_league_attendance.php

25119 still vastly reduced from what they commonly get now.

Realise you will not believe me but 27k was a typo, I had meant to say 25k though I had not checked stats!

But think this still suggests Rangers will have significantly more ST holders than we will in Division 4 which was original point being made.

JimBHibees
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Realise you will not believe me but 27k was a typo, I had meant to say 25k though I had not checked stats!

But think this still suggests Rangers will have significantly more ST holders than we will in Division 4 which was original point being made.

Of course they will however I think the real crowds will be much less than season ticket sales. It will be interesting to see how much newco reduces the cost to the fans if they do indeed play in Division 3 or wherever.

Andy74
05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
So, did we ever find out what Petrie's role in "that" document was? Or has he, unfortunately, survived another close shave?

It looks like an SFA led proposal which Rod will unfortunately have to be part of as a Vice President and Chair of the Professional Board.

That does not mean he persoanlly agrees with it and there;s no indication he has dreamed it up or led it.

You have to take at face value the very public comments he has made on this subject which the club he chairs has carried through.

Saorsa
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
It looks like an SFA led proposal which Rod will unfortunately have to be part of as a Vice President and Chair of the Professional Board.

That does not mean he persoanlly agrees with it and there;s no indication he has dreamed it up or led it.

You have to take at face value the very public comments he has made on this subject which the club he chairs has carried through.You maybe have to, I dinnae and neither does anybody else.

He cannae claim sporting integrity with Hibs and then be part of an organisation responsible for that disgraceful 'piece of work' full of bribery an threats, whether he agrees with it or not. The two are totally incompatible IMO. How can he claim to be in favour of integrity and then be involved in those devious and underhanded tactics. Anybody who was party tae that document circulated tae the SFL clubs is little better than regan or doncaster as far as I'm concerned.

marinello59
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
You maybe have to, I dinnae and neither does anybody else.

He cannae claim sporting integrity with Hibs and then be part of an organisation responsible for that disgraceful 'piece of work' full of bribery an threats, whether he agrees with it or not. The two are totally incompatible IMO. How can he claim to be in favour of integrity and then be involved in those devious and underhanded tactics. Anybody who was party tae that document circulated tae the SFL clubs is little better than regan or doncaster as far as I'm concerned.

I hope for your sake that Petrie is guilty here because you are obviously going to be gutted if he isn't.

Saorsa
05-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I hope for your sake that Petrie is guilty here because you are obviously going to be gutted if he isn't.Why would I be gutted? If he's no involved, he's no involved, let him come out and say it. I fail tae see how anyone in his position at the SFA could fail tae have known about it. If he's as much in favour of integrity as he claims tae be he surely cannae square that with being part of an organision that's as bent as a nine bob note. People in the SFA and SPL knew about that document, they were either involved in it or at best they gave it their tacit approval by remaining silent about it.

Naebody has denied being involved with that document and naebody has criticised that document, IMO that makes them all equally worthy of suspicion and that includes Petrie.

Beefster
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM

You have to take at face value the very public comments he has made on this subject which the club he chairs has carried through.

If Rodders is a Vice-Chairman in an organisation that has threatened and attempted to blackmail the majority of its members and he disagrees with that course of action, I'd expect him to resign from the post. If he doesn't, I'd assume that he doesn't have much problem with it.

It's fine to stick around when you disagree with a run of the mill decision but when the organisation is taking immoral and unethical action, it's a different matter.

Saorsa
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
If Rodders is a Vice-Chairman in an organisation that has threatened and attempted to blackmail the majority of its members and he disagrees with that course of action, I'd expect him to resign from the post. If he doesn't, I'd assume that he doesn't have much problem with it.

It's fine to stick around when you disagree with a run of the mill decision but when the organisation is taking immoral and unethical action, it's a different matter.:top marks

marinello59
05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Why would I be gutted? If he's no involved, he's no involved, let him come out and say it. I fail tae see how anyone in his position at the SFA could fail tae have known about it. If he's as much in favour of integrity as he claims tae be he surely cannae square that with being part of an organision that's as bent as a nine bob note. People in the SFA and SPL knew about that document, they were either involved in it or at best they gave it their tacit approval by remaining silent about it.

Naebody has denied being involved with that document and naebody has criticised that document, IMO that makes them all equally worthy of suspicion and that includes Petrie.

I can't argue with that.

joe breezy
07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Given the way the SPL is behaving now I find it hard to believe it is all Doncaster on his own...

very sad

Saorsa
07-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Given the way the SPL is behaving now I find it hard to believe it is all Doncaster on his own...

very sad...I doubt it ever has been and the continued silence only points tae that...

I'm_cabbaged
13-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure if this has been posted
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265.
Oh dear....

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 11:45 AM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265.
Oh dear....

That has RP actively involved in briefing Charles "must be kept in the loop" Green :grr:

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 11:46 AM
That has RP actively involved in briefing Charles "must be kept in the loop" Green :grr:

It has him being asked to brief CG.

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Which he has done.

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Which he has done.

Has he?

And did he do it willingly, or under protest?

Northernhibee
13-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I think that I'd want to see Petrie go now.

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Has he?

Yup and dunno (I doubt he'd do much under protest)

Iain G
13-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Hang on, it doesn't say he did brief Green, just that this leaked e-mail was asking him to brief him with his SFA hat on, whether he did or didn't is still speculation.... :agree:

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Hang on, it doesn't say he did brief Green, just that this leaked e-mail was asking him to brief him with his SFA hat on, whether he did or didn't is still speculation.... :agree:

Thanks for your input Rod :wink: :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Yup and dunno (I doubt he'd do much under protest)

I'll accept what you say about the former, although I haven't seen it anywhere.

However, the latter is, for me, the essence of his credibility or otherwise.

PeeJay
13-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh dear....

In a way it is understandable that incompetents like Regan/Doncaster are just pushing forward hoping to force this through, after all, the game in Scotland didn't get into the current state it is in because it was run by men of integrity with a vison of how Scottish football can improve, so no need to expect any integrity from them now. They are fighting a different fight: it has little, if anything, to do with what the fans want and it certainly has nothing to do with sporting integrity - if they win this fight the game is dead, there won't be a second chance further on down the road.

I'm_cabbaged
13-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Has he?

Hilton hotel at the airport?

Peevemor
13-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't see the problem with CG being kept informed.

Although he may or may not be a dodgy character, the fact is that he has nothing to do with what the huns got up to in the past.

It's normal that he did his best to get newhun into the SPL - I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's also normal, out of common courtesy to a fellow 'club' owner, that he be informed of how it's looking the vote (s) may go as well as the feeling among the other clubs.

Petrie briefing CG (keeping him informed) shouldn't be confused with CG giving him instructions.

bawheid
13-07-2012, 12:04 PM

Although he may or may not be a dodgy character, the fact is that he has nothing to do with what the huns got up to in the past.

It's normal that he did his best to get newhun into the SPL - I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's also normal, out of common courtesy to a fellow 'club' owner, that he be informed of how it's looking the vote (s) may go as well as the feeling among the other clubs.

Petrie briefing CG (keeping him informed) shouldn't be confused with CG giving him instructions.

Spot on.

Mikey
13-07-2012, 12:05 PM

It'll be turned into the truth. Like him pocketing the car park money and having the final say on player signings and sales.

hibsbollah
13-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Alex Thompsons latest blog is claiming a leaked Stewart Regan email set out the plan and timetable to get the Huns into 1st division and in it he asks Rod Petrie to breif Charles Green on what is happening.

I feel our chairman is playing us all for fools. By clearly being part of the cut up of Scottish football

Just because Regan has asked Petrie to BRIEF Charles Green on something (which is part of his job as vp of the league) it does not follow that Petrie is doing anything favouring the huns, playing anyone for fools, or being in any way sleekit. Im not sure what youre accusing him of:dunno:

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Why should Petrie get involved though? Seriously he should have **** all to do with it as it could have a direct effect on Hibs. Some fans think he's now involved in helping them drop to div 1. Others don't.. Fact is if he just left it alone and let others deal with it we wouldn't be bothered. He should have stayed clear simple as that.

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll accept what you say about the former, although I haven't seen it anywhere.

However, the latter is, for me, the essence of his credibility or otherwise.

I think the 'credible' thing to do would to refuse to meet Green or resign personally.

The 'consultation' with Green had NO place in the grand scheme of things as neither the SPL vote nor the SFL vote had taken place.

This is about dealing with Rangers not deadling for Rangers.

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Briefing Green shouldn't be confused with the right thing to do either!

Paisley Hibby

The issue is that CG was being given inside information on the evil plan being hatched by the numpties in charge of Scottish football. This information was not being shared with the other clubs because it involved trying to back them into a corner so they would vote as instructed. Petrie was able to brief CG because he would have been involved in the drawing up of that evil plan. That for me is the problem with Petrie's position.

CropleyWasGod
Why should Petrie get involved though? Seriously he should have **** all to do with it as it could have a direct effect on Hibs. Some fans think he's now involved in helping them drop to div 1. Others don't.. Fact is if he just left it alone and let others deal with it we wouldn't be bothered. He should have stayed clear simple as that.

In his SFA role. That's the SFA, who pay (some of? all of? ) his wages.

Jack
13-07-2012, 12:14 PM
The issue is that CG was being given inside information on the evil plan being hatched by the numpties in charge of Scottish football. This information was not being shared with the other clubs because it involved trying to back them into a corner so they would vote as instructed. Petrie was able to brief CG because he would have been involved in the drawing up of that evil plan. That for me is the problem with Petrie's position.

We dont know what information was being given by RP, just that he was asked to brief CW.

Saorsa
13-07-2012, 12:14 PM
In his SFA role. That's the SFA, who pay his wages.Sorry but if his principles favour sporting integrity he shouldnae be working for an organisation that has neither. IMO the two are incompatible. Or is it that his principles are no as important tae him as his position at the SFA.

Just Alf
13-07-2012, 12:15 PM
@alextomo: Another curio from the Regan leaked email. Point "1. The Rangers FC will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect..

@alextomo: "...and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC." Odd since they cannot be relegated. And shows SFA have decided in advance of today's vote

and

@TonyMcKelvie: @alextomo That's what sunk the plan Alex. There was no mechanism in the SPL Rules to make that happen. Someone inside the SPL scuppered it.

Assuming Rod is consistent it wouldn't surprise me if the "someone" was him!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0quakx

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2012, 12:17 PM

His SFA role will be unpaid.

I think Rod would argue he was meeting Green as a representative of the SFA, rather than Hibs. The problem is that everyone and their dog knows Petrie is the boss at Hibs and has read or heard his pronouncements on newco.

I think this reflects more the problem of having club officials on SFA / SPL / SFL boards, it creates a clear conflict of interest where the SFA might be wanting one thing (Rangers to enter at as high a level as possible) and Hibs might be wanting another (Rangers to enter at the bottom, because that's what most of our fans want). You can't reconcile or ignore that conflict.

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 12:18 PM

It's a conflict of interest though. He's voted no so he should not be involved, whether he's getting paid or not. He should have stepped down after voting.

Weir7
13-07-2012, 12:21 PM

I think Rod would argue he was meeting Green as a representative of the SFA, rather than Hibs. The problem is that everyone and their dog knows Petrie is the boss at Hibs and has read or heard his pronouncements on newco.

I think this reflects more the problem of having club officials on SFA / SPL / SFL boards, it creates a clear conflict of interest where the SFA might be wanting one thing (Rangers to enter at as high a level as possible) and Hibs might be wanting another (Rangers to enter at the bottom, because that's what most of our fans want). You can't reconcile or ignore that conflict.
SFA posts are paid. Over the years when there were lots of committee's it was a nice earner

MrSmith
13-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I would like to hear what Rod Petrie has to say about his perceived part in this Machiavellian plot before I stone him.

To me, at this moment in time, I would rather believe that this was part of his duties at the SFA and had to deliver this news. We could also look at Rod doing this due to him being in a position where he could still shape 'sporting integrity' from within. Meaning that, if he did resign, then there would be no contest to this despicable set-up constructed by Doncaster, Reagan and, don't forget, man of many roles ... Ogilvy!

So, come on Rod, after today please respond with your view on it all ...

Andy74
13-07-2012, 12:24 PM
It's a conflict of interest though. He's voted no so he should not be involved, whether he's getting paid or not. He should have either stepped down after voting.

This issue isn't the only thing Rod will ever do in his role at the SFA. It would be a bit ridiculous to step down due to any conflict.

I know Rod spent time with one of the Groups at the forum earlier in the week and they seemed to be convinced over exactly what his throughts were on all this and that Hibs is uppermost in his mind.

The Group I was in was also told some of the background of Rod getting landed with this as others in the key SFA positions had either gone on holiday or disappeared!

Rod is helping administer some of this, he isn't leading it and there's no way that turning it the other way he is doing anyhting for the benefit of Rangers.

Captain Trips
13-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I would like to hear what Rod Petrie has to say about his perceived part in this Machiavellian plot before I stone him.

To me, at this moment in time, I would rather believe that this was part of his duties at the SFA and had to deliver this news. We could also look at Rod doing this due to him being in a position where he could still shape 'sporting integrity' from within. Meaning that, if he did resign, then there would be no contest to this despicable set-up constructed by Doncaster, Reagan and, don't forget, man of many roles ... Ogilvy!

So, come on Rod, after today please respond with your view on it all ...

That would be fair but Maybe Rod should have been concentrating all his efforts on Hibs over last few years and maybe we might not have been as p1ss poor as we have and he wouldnt be involved in any carry on with other role.

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 12:26 PM
That would be fair but Maybe Rod should have been concentrating all his efforts on Hibs over last few years and maybe we might not have been as p1ss poor as we have and he wouldnt be involved in any carry on with other role.

Trust me. He canny pass, he canny tackle, and couldny finish a fish supper. :greengrin

Saorsa
13-07-2012, 12:27 PM

So, come on Rod, after today please respond with your view on it all ...I'd liked tae have heard before today, no the denials of being involved or the it wisnae mes' if it all goes pear shaped. regan and doncaster obviously are in it up tae their necks but the silence from others within the SPL raises suspicion.

jonty
13-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Sorry but if his principles favour sporting integrity he shouldnae be working for an organisation that has neither. IMO the two are incompatible. Or is it that his principles are no as important tae him as his position at the SFA.
And after years of moaning about not going back to ER because of Petrie and never buying a ST, you year in and year out, buy a ST.
Not everything is as easy as it seems :greengrin

Why didnt Regan refer to Rod as RP? If there's some issue between them, I wouldnt be surprised if Regan has deliberately picked RP becasue of his integrity stance.

It'll all come out in the wash - eventually.

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 12:30 PM
This issue isn't the only thing Rod will ever do in his role at the SFA. It would be a bit ridiculous to step down due to any conflict.

I know Rod spent time with one of the Groups at the forum earlier in the week and they seemed to be convinced over exactly what his throughts were on all this and that hibs is uppermost in his mind.

Thew Group I was in was alo told some of the background of Rod getting landed with this as others in the key SFA positions had either gone on holiday or disappeared!

Rod is helping administer some of this, he isn't leading it and there's no way that turning it the other way he is doing anyhting for the benefit of Rangers.

With all respect Andy the first paragraph is rubbish. This is the biggest change Scottish football has ever seen. If a chairman votes on a team to dropped out their division then in no way should he be near the "briefing of Geeen process". All because folk are on hol etc.. That's laughable at best.

I'm not saying he has helped master some plan to help the huns. I'm simply saying it should not have been him doing it, that should be the job of someone on the SFA, who isn't a chairman. It's having an effect on the support as you can clearly see!

MrSmith
13-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I'd liked tae have heard before today, no the denials of being involved or the it wisnae mes' if it all goes pear shaped. regan and doncaster obviously are in it up tae their necks but the silence from others within the SPL raises suspicion.

Don't get me wrong! I don't get the love in either but, this time, I feel we need to give Rod the benefit due to this bungling lot (SPL/SFA) of two faced back stabbing establishment sycophants who are a virus on and in Scottish football.

MrSmith
13-07-2012, 12:32 PM
And after years of moaning about not going back to ER because of Petrie and never buying a ST, you year in and year out, buy a ST.
Not everything is as easy as it seems :greengrin

Why didnt Regan refer to Rod as RP? If there's some issue between them, I wouldnt be surprised if Regan has deliberately picked RP becasue of his integrity stance.

It'll all come out in the wash - eventually.

My view too.

Andy74
13-07-2012, 12:34 PM
With all respect Andy the first paragraph is rubbish. This is the biggest change Scottish football has ever seen. If a chairman votes on a team to dropped out their division then in no way should he be near the "briefing of Geeen process". All because folk are on hol etc.. That's laughable at best.

I'm not saying he has helped master some plan to help the huns. I'm simply saying it should not have been him doing it, that should be the job of someone on the SFA, who isn't a chairman. It's having an effect on the support as you can clearly see!

If you think it's rubbish I will bow to your knowledge on what has been going on.

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 12:40 PM
If you think it's rubbish I will bow to your knowledge on what has been going on.

Andy I wasn't having a go.. I'm sure you can see my point. Your defending Petrie and that's fine. I'm telling you what I and along with some others may be thinking. I'm not accusing him of anything but I think it's clear he should not be involved. Replying back with comments like that is pretty childish.

Andy74
13-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Andy I wasn't having a go.. I'm sure you can see my point. Your defending Petrie and that's fine. I'm telling you what I and along with some others may be thinking. I'm not accusing him of anything but I think it's clear he should not be involved. Replying back with comments like that is pretty childish.

I think you desribed what I has said as 'rubbish'?

Hibiza
13-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Give the tache a break , we doing ok.

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I think you desribed what I has said as 'rubbish'?

I was referring more to the Hol thing that Petrie says not your post. I do think that is rubbish what he's said. There are many folk on the board that could have done this job.

Out of interest would you have preferred him to not be involved or you happy at how it's been done? I'd just have been happy for Petrie to have said how it could effect his club if he was to keep Green informed. Surely you understand that?

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-07-2012, 12:52 PM
He should resign full stop...:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I asked RP directly on Tuesday if he had any involvement with the SFL document. The answer was no.......No doubt some will be sceptical and tell me RP was lying....

Andy74
13-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I was referring more to the Hol thing that Petrie says not your post. I do think that is rubbish what he's said. There are many folk on the board that could have done this job.

Out of interest would you have preferred him to not be involved or you happy at how it's been done? I'd just have been happy for Petrie to have said how it could effect his club if he was to keep Green informed. Surely you understand that?

To have a view on that we'd need to know what has been preepared, by whom and what the intention was. We don't know any of those things. I di, however, hear from Hibs the other night that Rod was just being asked to help adminster part of this whilst others at the SFA weren't around. That's a long way from leading or influencing anything and I don't think there is any conflict.

Hibs are in the SPL, their engagement ended when the club voted no.

Whay bodies like the SFL and SFA do now is up to them and Rod as part of the SFA has to play some role in that.

Rod's stance on integrity has been pretty clear, his role in whatever is talking place now is administrative.

I don't beleive Rod would do anyhting to work against Hibs interests and I'm more encouraged with Rod in there than I would be with most other club officials.

Evidently those that mistrust rod will see an entirely different side of this but it's one they would have to make up because nothing pohnts to it and it fact it points against everything he has said on it so far.

Beefster
13-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Making repeated losses, having repeatedly poor seasons and just avoiding relegation in the last one, a succession of failed managers - yup, he's doing a grand job.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 01:08 PM
To have a view on that we'd need to know what has been preepared, by whom and what the intention was. We don't know any of those things. I di, however, hear from Hibs the other night that Rod was just being asked to help adminster part of this whilst others at the SFA weren't around. That's a long way from leading or influencing anything and I don't think there is any conflict.

Whay bodies like the SFL and SFA do now is up to them and Rod as part of the SFA has to play some role in that.

Rod's stance on integrity has been pretty clear, his role in whatever is talking place now is administrative.

I don't beleive Rod would do anyhting to work against Hibs interests and I'm more encouraged with Rod in there than I would be with most other club officials.

Evidently those that mistrust rod will see an entirely different side of this but it's one they would have to make up because nothing pohnts to it and it fact it points against everything he has said on it so far.

I have never been RP's biggest fan Andy, but felt the other night, he answered everything (even the awkward ones) that were asked to him....He struck me as being sincere, and having Hibs best interests at heart....I will cut him some slack now

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 01:10 PM

Fully agree none of us know the details what is really been said and done. I was just asking if you thought Petrie should be involved? I know his role but if he's been pushed into taking this role then that in itself isn't fair on him. If not I think it's a poor judgement.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2012, 01:47 PM
I have never been RP's biggest fan Andy, but felt the other night, he answered everything (even the awkward ones) that were asked to him....He struck me as being sincere, and having Hibs best interests at heart....I will cut him some slack now

I wonder if Rod was making sure nothing dodgy WOULD be allowed to go on? I wonder if he thought, its better for me to be on the inside of this, rather than resign and be on the outside?

I could be wrong, but Petrie has been consistant, maybe he's been one of the main voices against parachuting them into div 1, and been working his magic from inside this fiasco?

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder if Rod was making sure nothing dodgy WOULD be allowed to go on? I wonder if he thought, its better for me to be on the inside of this, rather than resign and be on the outside?

I could be wrong, but Petrie has been consistant, maybe he's been one of the main voices against parachuting them into div 1, and been working his magic from inside this fiasco?

:agree:

None of us know the full ins and outs of this. Let's judge it on what actually happens. If Sevco start as a new club in SFL3, or Rangers re-start in SFL3, I'm fine with that. It's what I would expect to happen to Hibs if (for example) the Mercer takeover had succeeded. As for Rod, he really should be judged on his management of Hibs first and foremost.

iainm1875
13-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Rod Petrie's priority is Hibs.

If there is an chance to improve the league set up in Scotland then it should be taken. If Sevco are helped in the process then that is unfortunate however we shouldn't let this chance pass by only to spite Sevco.

JimBHibees
13-07-2012, 05:20 PM

Personally think that the whole shebang has been a carefully worked out plan to mitigate the fallout re Rangers. I would also include Doncaster and Regans role in this in terms of giving the impression of helping them as far as possible. Lets not overstate this that there was massive potential for huge fallout overall all of this. Petrie IMO will have been one of the key movers in all of this. Bottom line is there have been 2 votes and they have both overwhelmingly went the way that most fans in Scotland wanted.

Steve-O
13-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Just a pity this has all been tainted by Petrie's involvement in the Div 1 plan...

matty_f
13-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Just a pity this has all been tainted by Petrie's involvement in the Div 1 plan...

What was his specific involvement? I haven't read any details other than he met Green in an SFA capacity (which I presume he was bound to do, given his role there).

I'm not seeing how that taints it from a Hibs perspective.

Steve-O
14-07-2012, 05:23 AM
What was his specific involvement? I haven't read any details other than he met Green in an SFA capacity (which I presume he was bound to do, given his role there).

It appears to me that he was quite a big 'player' in the plan to get them into Division 1, given that he was tasked with briefing Green about the whole thing. I doubt he'd have done that had he not agreed with it.

Winston Ingram
14-07-2012, 05:43 AM

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

He met Green to put the Div 1 proposal. I the anger people feel towards Rod is the same as mine, it's because after 2 solid statements about the importance of integrity, he then pissed all over it by fronting the Div 1 proposal.

If integrity was that important to him he would have had nothing to do with it

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2012, 06:14 AM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

He met Green to put the Div 1 proposal. I the anger people feel towards Rod is the same as mine, it's because after 2 solid statements about the importance of integrity, he then pissed all over it by fronting the Div 1 proposal.

If integrity was that important to him he would have had nothing to do with it

Does this not come back to the "two hats" he wears? Maybe if we understood more precisely his SFA role things would be a lot clearer.

What if the SPL chairmen are either liars or realised that afterall they didn't want things to go as fR as Div3 for financial reasons? In other words they were forced by fan power against their first instinct of self interest ? Could it be that Rods integrity view therefore was actually in the minority but due to his role had to go with the majority and deliver the proposal.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2012, 06:17 AM
And btw should this question not be resign from Hibs/SFA
/both?

And one final point how do you change or influence the SFA if you're not on the outside?

Stonewall
14-07-2012, 06:40 AM
It appears to me that he was quite a big 'player' in the plan to get them into Division 1, given that he was tasked with briefing Green about the whole thing. I doubt he'd have done that had he not agreed with it.

You may be right that Petrie was a big player in the plan to get Rangers into Division 1 but it's equally likely that the collective view of the SFA Board was to have them in SFL 1 and he was going along with this.

There is also the point that in order to get all the SPL clubs to agree to Rangers not being re-admirred to the SPL, it is a least possible that a trade off was agreed whereby they would be allowed into SFL 1. A dangerous assumption as it turned out.

Either way I don't think you can draw any conclusions as to Petrie's actual view on the matter.

Eyrie
14-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I think we can.

Petrie is the second Vice President of the SFA and Chairman of the Professional Board. If he wasn't on board with the Division One proposal/SPL2 threat then he would make a poor choice to liase with Green. There are six other members of the SFA Board and nine on the Professional Board (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560) who could have done so instead.

Petrie has been exposed as a hypocrite by his own actions, and I'm someone who is generally supportive of his work at Hibs.

AlbertK86
14-07-2012, 10:04 AM
He should have been away from Hibs years ago anyway.

The Rangers debacle has distracted from his failure to progress as a club.

Poor poor leader who has now been exposed as a devious liar

alexedwards
14-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Never been better - it's all downhill from the heady heights of the cup final at Hampden - gaun yersel Rod yer a maestro. :cb

IWasThere2016
14-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I think many are missing the point - WTF was Green being briefed by anyone? Before any votes!

It stinks IMHO and any SPL2 moves would prove this conclusively.

Part/Time Supporter
15-07-2012, 06:27 AM
I think many are missing the point - WTF was Green being briefed by anyone? Before any votes!

At that point, Green would have been hoping to get into the SPL. The point of the briefing would be to tell him that this wasn't going to happen but there was a proposal to put them in SFL1 instead.

It stinks IMHO and any SPL2 moves would prove this conclusively.

I'd agree with you if there are any further moves. They've made a proposal, and it's been democratically rejected by the SFL. Where's the harm in that?

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 06:36 AM
If Petrie is involved in this farce..then yes he must go...but Vladimer Romamov said some months ago the the hierarchy running Scottish football were crooks and they were corrupt and dark forces were at work.

I laughed thinking It's only a mad vlad rant...he's still mad but he was correct.

Part/Time Supporter
15-07-2012, 07:18 AM
If Petrie is involved in this farce..then yes he must go...but Vladimer Romamov said some months ago the the hierarchy running Scottish football were crooks and they were corrupt and dark forces were at work.

I laughed thinking It's only a mad vlad rant...he's still mad but he was correct.

That will be the same Romanov who only pledged to vote against newco after he had been advised of this plan?

Onion
15-07-2012, 07:25 AM
The Newco saga has been so badly managed by the SFA/SPL, that the key players will never be trusted again and that probably includes Petrie. Whether they had a key role in devising the crooked SPL2 deal or not, the "assumption of guilt" is enough to damage their reputations.

In the same way Hibs had to clear out the majority of those responsible for the worst result/perfomance in a Cup Final, the SFA/SPL need to have a mass clear out to cleanse the place and get rid of the stench that's hanging over Hampden. Petrie should either resign from his role in the SPL or resign from his role at Hibs. I'd prefer both.

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 07:34 AM
That will be the same Romanov who only pledged to vote against newco after he had been advised of this plan?

The same man who's been saying for years that Scottish football chiefs are corrupt....reading the papers this morning he appears to be right.

I expect tomorrows meeting to go in the direction on Rangers....

The Falcon
15-07-2012, 07:38 AM
The same man who's been saying for years that Scottish football chiefs are corrupt....reading the papers this morning he appears to be right.

I expect tomorrows meeting to go in the direction on Rangers....

Like all the rest that were expected to go in the direction of (the club formerly known as) Rangers?

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Like all the rest that were expected to go in the direction of (the club formerly known as) Rangers?

So why is the SPL 2 issue on the agenda tomorrow.. the decision to vote then into division 3 is over....or should be over...tomorrow meeting should only be about who takes Rangers place in the SPL.

Part/Time Supporter
15-07-2012, 07:56 AM
So why is the SPL 2 issue on the agenda tomorrow.. the decision to vote then into division 3 is over....or should be over...tomorrow meeting should only be about who takes Rangers place in the SPL.

Speculation, not fact. (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/disgusted-chairmen-call-for-sfa-chief-stewart-regan-to-stand-down-1-2412833)

Such feeling has prompted speculation that the SPL 2 plan could yet be revived at tomorrow’s SPL agm but Hearts managing director David Southern cast doubt on that last night. “Anything’s possible for discussion but certainly nothing has been mentioned to us as a club that that is on the agenda for discussion,” Southern said.

hibsdaft70
15-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Rod was told to confidentially keep Charles Green up to date on how the SFA was going to, corruptly in my view, pave the way for Newco to go to Division 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9400788/Rangers-in-crisis-SFA-chief-Stewart-Regan-could-become-latest-casualty-in-saga-after-email-leak.html

hibsdaft70
15-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Not sure if the above link will work?

down-the-slope
15-07-2012, 08:12 AM
(reffering to origional poll) The document sent to SFL clubs was an SFL document sent by them to their clubs

Antifa Hibs
15-07-2012, 08:36 AM
The leaked email...

Dear all,

Many thanks for your contribution and support over the last two weeks in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.

I was hugely encouraged with where we got to last night on a long and tiring phone call and I thank all of you for your efforts to move this issue forward. I thought it would be helpful if I summarised where I think we are:

1. The Rangers Football Club will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC.

2. The television rights for Rangers FC matches in the SFL will be purchased by the SPL for the sum of £1m as a one-off fee for the season 2012/2013.

3. The two leagues will merge into a single league body - The Scottish Professional Football League - effective season 2013/14 - with a working party set up immediately involving representatives from the SPL, SFL and (if required) the Scottish FA to plan the integration of the two bodies - people, rules, rebranding, commercial considerations and so on.

4. A new Board of Directors will be appointed to govern the single league. The make up of this Board will consist of an Independent Chairman, CEO, 3 representatives from the Premier League, 2 representatives from the Championship/Leagues 1 & 2 and 2 Independent Non-Executive Directors.

5. Play-offs will be introduced immediately with the first matches taking place at the end of the coming season 2012/2013.

6. Enhanced parachute payments will be implemented from the end of the season 2012/2013 to soften the landing for club(s) relegated from the Premier League.

7. A revised all-through distribution model will be put in place to provide: a) An all-through distribution model for clubs 1-22 and a minimum guarantee for 20 clubs in Leagues 1 & 2, equivalent to what they would earn under the current settlement agreement.

8. A Pyramid System will be put in place which open up the bottom of League 2 effective from the end of season 2013/2014 with the first opportunity for promoted clubs to enter the league being 2014/15 thus allowing for licensing to take place.

9. Consolidation below the Third Division to take place to create a Lowland & Highland League structure effective 2014/15 with appropriate play-offs and promotion/relegation to be put in place. Clubs to be briefed that the previous season 2013/2014 will involve the opportunity to enter play-offs for the first time.

In terms of actions/timings I think the following needs to happen in this coming week:

A) A joint statement today from all 3 bodies confirming that productive discussions have taken place on a new blueprint for Scottish football. Consultation will continue over the next two weeks with a view to clubs getting together week commencing 2nd July to try and agree the way forward. (D Broadfoot to provide this and circulate to DL/ND for approval)

B) Rod P / Jim B to finalise the all-through financial model by Wednesday this week latest.

C) Neil / David to finalise the detail on Governance, Commercials and Play-Offs (ideally Monday/Tuesday) and incorporate these, plus the financials in B) above into a legally binding Heads of Terms 'draft' for presentation to each league body w/c 2nd July.

D) DL to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan and also arrange an all club meeting w/c 2nd July

E) ND to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post 4th July. Subject to approval all bodies (including Newco) to sign legal documentation.

I) Agree joint communication strategy

J) In parallel to A-D above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are 'no surprises' and there is a general acceptance of the plan plus all of the other conditions discussed e.g. transfer embargo, fines, repayment of football debt, waiving rights to legal challenge, acceptance of relegation and so on.

K) Andrew to ensure our check list of disclosures relating to Newco and Fit & Proper Person criteria are delivered by 2nd july. The Board will need these plus the Heads of Terms above in order to complete this plan.

The Scottish FA Board have agreed to provide a one-off restructuring budget of £1m on condition the above plan is delivered.

I hope this covers everything.

Speak soon....now off to the airport!

Regards

Stewart

:cb

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 08:44 AM
So the Sunday Mail article confirms ROD'S part in SFA corrupt plan to get NEWCO back into SPL ASAP

This power crazy man has yet again been involved in devious behind the scenes goings on.

Mr Petrie time to go from SFA and Hibs .... Untrustworthy as opposed to the pillar of sporting integrity he makes himself out to be

hibsdaft70
15-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Rod was told to confidentially keep Charles Green up to date on how the SFA was going to, corruptly in my view, pave the way for Newco to go to Division 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9400788/Rangers-in-crisis-SFA-chief-Stewart-Regan-could-become-latest-casualty-in-saga-after-email-leak.html

Aparently I'm out of date, there's an even more explosive one that is being released/leaked later today. Follow @alextomo (Alex Thomson from C4 News) on twitter to find out what it says.

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Speculation, not fact. (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/disgusted-chairmen-call-for-sfa-chief-stewart-regan-to-stand-down-1-2412833)

We won't have to wait long eh... before the facts are out

alexedwards
15-07-2012, 09:34 AM

Think you will find Hearts & Dundee United have made firm statements about an SPL2.

The Falcon
15-07-2012, 09:41 AM
So the Sunday Mail article confirms ROD'S part in SFA corrupt plan to get NEWCO back into SPL ASAP

This power crazy man has yet again been involved in devious behind the scenes goings on.

Mr Petrie time to go from SFA and Hibs .... Untrustworthy as opposed to the pillar of sporting integrity he makes himself out to be

So why didnt he vote them in when he had the chance? And do you think, in regard to Hibs, that Petrie is acting alone?

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 09:48 AM

These newspapers you are quite willing to hang your hat on, also had old rangers being taken over by billionaire Craig White, a rich man with money off the radar.

Why would you believe anything these rags tell you, especially when they have lied all the way through this fiasco?

Saorsa
15-07-2012, 09:55 AM
These newspapers you are quite willing to hang your hat on, also had old rangers being taken over by billionaire Craig White, a rich man with money off the radar.

Why would you believe anything these rags tell you, especially when they have lied all the way through this fiasco?I dinnae need tae read papers tae believe he could be involved. He's nae stranger tae pushing his own agenda against the wishes of the fans. Remember doncaster's and the OF's 10 team league that 98% of fans didnae want?

The Falcon
15-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Why would you believe anything these rags tell you, especially when they have lied all the way through this fiasco?

Totally agree.

And if you put all the buff, bluster and posturing aside are Rangers, or are they not, in the position all of us would have wanted?

A position where a lot of those that are complaining bitterly now, told us would never happen.

Onion
15-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Because the expected stitch-up didn't play out as the SFA/SPL expected. Remember, there were a number of meetings between the SFA/SPL & SFL even before the SPL voted to keep Newco out. IMHo there would have been assurances given by Longmuir that the SFL Chairmen would fall into line if the threat/bride was big enough. As it happened, the pressure that the SPL clubs came under from fans was just as great on SFL clubs.

Then there was the arrogance of Rangers (Malcolm Murray's catastrophic presentation to SFL clubs), the bungled SFA powerpoint deck, and Regan's Armagedongate Speech completely swung the vote against these incompetents. So in summary, had the SFA and NewHuns not completely ballsed it up, there is a good chance that Newco would have been sitting in SFL1 today.

Regan and Doncaster know no shame. And I don't for one minute accept Greene and McCoists "we're happy to be put wherever the SFL want us" con. They are all working away in the background on Plan Z - get the NewHuns into an SPL2.

Just Alf
15-07-2012, 10:17 AM

I've done outside broadcasting for tv (mainly) and the papers and can totally confirm that the Sun and Daily Rangers both put their own spin on stuff even if it's the total opposite of what was ACTUALLY intended taking the tone of what's being said... The quotes are always 100% correct but they cherry pick them and add their own words which can change the meaning. The other rags are similar but not normally to the same extent.

Re RP... I've seen no proof that he's not been consistent all through this.

He's publicly come out on the integrity side of things, and in fact, you can argue that he's shown even more of that as number 2 at the SFA. This is just my opinion as non of us have the whole story, but, if RP had integrity I can easily see him arguing "our" position at the SFA and whatever the outcome present that as part of his SFA role to the key people involved.

Let's see where Sevco end up.

Onion
15-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Petrie's record of saying "No" to meetings he should be no where near isn't great :wink:

The Falcon
15-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Petrie's record of saying "No" to meetings he should be no where near isn't great :wink:

Despite the outcome of said meeting?

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Have u seen the leaked e-mail ???? !!!!!!

Kind o backs it up does it not !!!!!!

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Because the expected stitch-up didn't play out as the SFA/SPL expected. Remember, there were a number of meetings between the SFA/SPL & SFL even before the SPL voted to keep Newco out. IMHo there would have been assurances given by Longmuir that the SFL Chairmen would fall into line if the threat/bride was big enough. As it happened, the pressure that the SPL clubs came under from fans was just as great on SFL clubs.

Then there was the arrogance of Rangers (Malcolm Murray's catastrophic presentation to SFL clubs), the bungled SFA powerpoint deck, and Regan's Armagedongate Speech completely swung the vote against these incompetents. So in summary, had the SFA and NewHuns not completely ballsed it up, there is a good chance that Newco would have been sitting in SFL1 today.

Regan and Doncaster know no shame. And I don't for one minute accept Greene and McCoists "we're happy to be put wherever the SFL want us" con. They are all working away in the background on Plan Z - get the NewHuns into an SPL2.

100% agree and IF reports are correct the idiots running our game are meeting Sky senior boses today to talk about newhuns not being in the SPL and the financial impact on our game.

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2012, 10:35 AM

Kind o backs it up does it not !!!!!!

Have you seen it? Or have you just seen what the Mail has printed?

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Have you seen it? Or have you just seen what the Mail has printed?

Ok so it has been basxxxxxxised then ?

Think that will turn out to be the actual e- mail as copied by another poster earlier

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Ok so it has been basxxxxxxised then ?

I have no idea.

The point I am making is similar to BH's, and backed up by Sir Alf. One can't just assume that what is in the print media is 100% reliable, especially when for weeks we have been lambasting them for their alleged biased agenda.

calamitus
15-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Kind o backs it up does it not

Don't really see the problem with a meeting if RP was telling Green 'You're not getting back into the SPL, so going down that path's a waste of everyone's time. Some people want to get you into div1,but that's up to the SFL.'
Part of corporate life is having meetings with people you don't particularly like, to give messages you don't particularly agree with.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2012, 11:00 AM
It is amazing how we can believe what is written in these rags when it suits the agenda but when it comes to something we don't want to hear, it is rubbish. These rags sell to the mhankie wheegies. They have an agenda, and believe me it is not pro Hibs or Petrie at the minute.

degenerated
15-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I have no idea.

The point I am making is similar to BH's, and backed up by Sir Alf. One can't just assume that what is in the print media is 100% reliable, especially when for weeks we have been lambasting them for their alleged biased agenda.

Alex Thomson has typically proved to be a beacon of light in his reporting on this farce, also someone that is not reporting from the same standpoint as the rest of the media on this one. He has published what he claims to be the leaked email, verbatim. And I'm inclined to believe the authenticity of it.
It also shows that Petrie was not just briefing sevco, which in itself is bad enough, but involved in the financial modelling of the new set up.
As far as I can see he is complicit in this and in a rare error of judgement has been caught with his pants down. That being the case, and like regan, Doncaster et al, he should fall on his sword before he does any more damage.

Hibercelona
15-07-2012, 11:03 AM
It is amazing how we can believe what is written in these rags when it suits the agenda but when it comes to something we don't want to hear, it is rubbish. These rags sell to the mhankie wheegies. They have an agenda, and believe me it is not pro Hibs or Petrie at the minute.

Why doesn't Petrie just come out and say what needs to be said then?

All it would take is a quick 5 minute statement uploaded to the official website.

The silence is deafening at the moment.

grunt
15-07-2012, 11:06 AM
The point I am making is similar to BH's, and backed up by Sir Alf. One can't just assume that what is in the print media is 100% reliable, especially when for weeks we have been lambasting them for their alleged biased agenda.I believe it. Alex Thomson's posted it in his blog, and it's the same as in the Telegraph and other papers. Certainly the journos believe it to be the real thing. The issue is that it records an instruction to RP to talk to Green, but it doesn't record how he received said instruction, nor the way in which he interpreted it. We've had earlier on this thread stories of RP meeting Green, so that ties in with the email. But we don't know what he said, nor whether it had any impact on the outcome.

I like RP, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems clear he's now under some pressure to clarify his role.

grunt
15-07-2012, 11:09 AM
It also shows that Petrie was not just briefing sevco, which in itself is bad enough, but involved in the financial modelling of the new set up. He's good with figures. Possibly the only one on the SFA Board who is, so I'd expect him to be involved with any forecasting being done.

hibiedude
15-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Everyone has an Agenda...even Hibs.net members... People change the meaning of a story to fit in with thier reply

Caversham Green
15-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I think one of the key points in the leaked email is Regan asking RP to make sure there are 'no surprises' (his quotes).

I would imagine this refers back to the twitching corpse of Rangers taking the transfer embargo to a civil court. Thus Regan is asking Rod to go and lay down the law to Green - 'The SFA are prepared to allow your club into SFL 1 but only if you accept the following sanctions'. Rod would be chosen because he was the strongest negotiator available, and possibly because he had been most vocal about sporting integrity so wouldn't give Green much wriggle room. Whether or not he was personally agreeable to the scheme remains to be seen - if he wasn't that would make his negotiating position that much stronger.

Rod has stated unequivocally that he was not involved in the document that is referred to in the OP of this thread, and I'm prepared to believe him. Whether or not he was a willing party to this scheme remains to be seen. This is another fence for me to sit on, and I'm staying up here until I know more facts about his involvement rather than speculation.

degenerated
15-07-2012, 11:14 AM
He's good with figures. Possibly the only one on the SFA Board who is, so I'd expect him to be involved with any forecasting being done.

The key word in your post is involved.

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I think one of the key points in the leaked email is Regan asking RP to make sure there are 'no surprises' (his quotes).

I would imagine this refers back to the twitching corpse of Rangers taking the transfer embargo to a civil court. Thus Regan is asking Rod to go and lay down the law to Green - 'The SFA are prepared to allow your club into SFL 1 but only if you accept the following sanctions'. Rod would be chosen because he was the strongest negotiator available, and possibly because he had been most vocal about sporting integrity so wouldn't give Green much wriggle room. Whether or not he was personally agreeable to the scheme remains to be seen - if he wasn't that would make his negotiating position that much stronger.

Rod has stated unequivocally that he was not involved in the document that is referred to in the OP of this thread, and I'm prepared to believe him. Whether or not he was a willing party to this scheme remains to be seen. This is another fence for me to sit on, and I'm staying up here until I know more facts about his involvement rather than speculation.

I am with you on that fence, Cav. Budge up.

I am also intrigued by the alleged tasking of RP to do the financial modelling. What did that report come up with? If it's properly done, it probably had a number of scenarios and outcomes. How many of those have been leaked? Are we only hearing about the doomsday scenario, or did the modelling also suggest (as many believe, on here and elsewhere) that the hit on the SPL might not be so nasty?

HibsNibs
15-07-2012, 11:18 AM

All it would take is a quick 5 minute statement uploaded to the official website.

:agree: Exactly.

grunt
15-07-2012, 11:21 AM
The key word in your post is involved.
I would think the SFA has a responsibility to consider the potential financial implications of Rangers' demise on the game in Scotland. It is part of their role. So I'm ok with Rod being "involved" in that exercise because he's shown through his management of Hibs that he's good at it. As CG says, we're all jumping to conclusions about RP's role based on a brief email - we have no insight at all into how he performed his role, other than our knowledge of how he operates at Hibs and what he has publicly stated.

Is there room on that fence for me?

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I am with you on that fence, Cav. Budge up.

I am also intrigued by the alleged tasking of RP to do the financial modelling. What did that report come up with? If it's properly done, it probably had a number of scenarios and outcomes. How many of those have been leaked? Are we only hearing about the doomsday scenario, or did the modelling also suggest (as many believe, on here and elsewhere) that the hit on the SPL might not be so nasty?

Make room for another, until this is over and everything comes out in the open, i will reserve my opinion on this till then. I have seen no quotes or heard anything that directly involves Petrie doing anything underhand.

He could be doing his best to make sure nothing like this does happen, and working from inside the operation gives him a better chance to do so?

Kaiser1962
15-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Make room for another, until this is over and everything comes out in the open, i will reserve my opinion on this till then. I have seen no quotes or heard anything that directly involves Petrie doing anything underhand.

He could be doing his best to make sure nothing like this does happen, and working from inside the operation gives him a better chance to do so?

I hope its a wall!

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2012, 11:29 AM

I heard you're a fatso... get yer ain fence. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I heard you're a fatso... get yer ain fence. :greengrin

:faf: I have been known to like a scotch pie or two. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
15-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Petrie would be the obvious choice in that his club, Hibs, have been shown (if reports are to be believed)to be the least effected by Rangers demise. I believe Traynor said something along the lines that "it was ok for him" to take the moral high ground. He is also a renowned, and respected, negotiator and would have been quite clear in his dealings with Green.

I also do not think that Petrie will be working independently of Farmer or the Hibs board on this one. STF may not actually care, or know who Rangers/Sevco are, but I would imagine he will have been fully involved, particularly in Rod's/Hibs "sporting integrity" stance.

I also think, as others have stated, that this may be going pretty much as Rod hoped it would. Its certainly went as we had hoped it would, more or less.

MrSmith
15-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Couldn't agree more.

That mail is so full of ambiguity rendering it, for me, nothing more than an attempt at covering his (Regans) backside! See it everyday at work!

It is to Rod and others with an intent for them to do or instruct them to do, whether this has been done or not, is up for speculation?? As I said earlier, this is an epic Machiavellian plot being played out by idiots in charge who still have their noses in the trough! I would rather have Rod there 'shaping' than not! I trust him more than the tossers from the west!

hibsbollah
15-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Alex Thomson has typically proved to be a beacon of light in his reporting on this farce, also someone that is not reporting from the same standpoint as the rest of the media on this one. He has published what he claims to be the leaked email, verbatim. And I'm inclined to believe the authenticity of it.
It also shows that Petrie was not just briefing sevco, which in itself is bad enough, but involved in the financial modelling of the new set up.
As far as I can see he is complicit in this and in a rare error of judgement has been caught with his pants down. That being the case, and like regan, Doncaster et al, he should fall on his sword before he does any more damage.

Rod falling on his sword with his pants down throws up all sorts of unpleasant images. Thats the danger of mixing your metaphors :greengrin

Rods resignation would at least mean hibs fans would no longer confuse his dual peripatetic roles, which is part of the current confusion.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Everyone has an Agenda...even Hibs.net members... People change the meaning of a story to fit in with thier reply

False generalization I am afraid.

Seveno
15-07-2012, 12:05 PM
The issue of whether or not Rod should resign is irrelevant. He is there to run the Club on behalf of STF and no big decisions are made without the owner's approval.

We wouldn't be around but for STF so I really think we should quieten down before we piss him off.

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Why doesn't Petrie just come out and say what needs to be said theRn?

exactly .... And why is that ??

Part/Time Supporter
15-07-2012, 12:39 PM

There is no need for a statement because the next SPL meeting is tomorrow.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2012, 12:39 PM
exactly .... And why is that ??

Maybe he doesn't read the rags or hibs.net so is not aware he has a case to answer :confused:

Eyrie
15-07-2012, 12:49 PM
There is no need for a statement because the next SPL meeting is tomorrow.
Hasn't stopped Dundee United and Hearts making their position public.

Probably the best defence of Petrie's involvement, although I'm not ready to join the throng on that fence without a clear statement from our club.

Just Alf
15-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Hope this fence gets a wee bit wider so ma big fat bahookie can get comfortable :-/

down-the-slope
15-07-2012, 03:06 PM
The issue of whether or not Rod should resign is irrelevant. He is there to run the Club on behalf of STF and no big decisions are made without the owner's approval.

We wouldn't be around but for STF so I really think we should quieten down before we piss him off.

You like most don't understand the set up then. Rod has no excecutive role at Hibs these days

Jim44
15-07-2012, 03:36 PM
In situations like this I would tend to fall back on the old maxim, 'Better the devil you know.' I've never been a huge fan of Petrie but I just want to see Hibs and the SPL get back to some sort of normality. I wish the same for all the other SPL clubs as on-going friction can only be bad, particularly for the well-being of the ones who are on a financial shoogly peg.

Saorsa
15-07-2012, 03:45 PM
In situations like this I would tend to fall back on the old maxim, 'Better the devil you know.' I've never been a huge fan of Petrie but I just want to see Hibs and the SPL get back to some sort of normality. I wish the same for all the other SPL clubs as on-going friction can only be bad, particularly for the well-being of the ones who are on a financial shoogly peg.and whos fault is it it's on going? the SFA, the SPL and it's member clubs? If they all just stuck tae the rules instead of coming up with dodgy schemes and inventing new rules it would have been done months ago. They have themselves tae blame for this dragging on and naebody else.

Seveno
15-07-2012, 04:10 PM
You like most don't understand the set up then. Rod has no excecutive role at Hibs these days

i am well aware of that and I know the reasons why. I also know that STF would not allow anything of real significance to happen without his approval.

brydekirk
15-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Rod Petrie's priority is Hibs.

If there is an chance to improve the league set up in Scotland then it should be taken. If Sevco are helped in the process then that is unfortunate however we shouldn't let this chance pass by only to spite Sevco.

Agree

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Agree

Football can and indeed needs to change, each and every club should benefit, but it should not be rushed through without proper consultation, just because one club wants it now.

down-the-slope
15-07-2012, 04:48 PM
i am well aware of that and I know the reasons why. I also know that STF would not allow anything of real significance to happen without his approval.

:aok: Fair Do's (wasn't getting at you just things get repeated and repeated that are incorrect and then are treated as if they are true)

I agree that the owner - and rightly - would not let things of significance occur that he was against.

Beefster
15-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Good old Rodders saying one thing in public but doing another in private. He would have made a brilliant MP.

down-the-slope
15-07-2012, 04:59 PM
What I do hope happens is

the dust settles
we get on with playing football...with NewCo in Div 3
and then have a real debate and supporter consultation througout the season
aim of new administration and league set up for 2013/14
fair distribution of monies
3 leagues that are each bigger maybe 14/14/14
proper pyramid with regional leagues below 3rd tier
relegation / promotion and play offs at all levels