PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker signs for Norwich; SFA refuse to transfer his registration

Wotherspiniesta
30-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Steven Whittaker has signed a four year deal with Norwich.

Good luck to him. :aok:

Will be good to see another Hibby from the golden generation strutting his stuff in the best league in the world.

Col2
30-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Good luck to him. Always liked him, gave us 100%. Good move for him.

hibsbollah
30-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Well done Whitty, always seemed like a good guy. Joins the likes of Fletch and Konte from the Mowbray generation who have gone on to play in the best leagues in Europe :agree:

col02
30-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Good move for Steven and thoroughly deserved imho. Was my favourite player when at Hibs as quietly got on with his business and was a good professional.

HibbyAndy
30-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Good luck.Decent signin for Norwich.

Sean1875
30-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Echo everything thats been said so far,always liked him as a player and seems like a good guy, best of luck to him.

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Yep, good luck Steven.

Now that he's left that lot we can follow him with interest again.

Put him in the same boat as Steven Fletcher now and will look out for their results each week.

magpie1892
30-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Oddly, these kind words are not being echoed on swallowswallow...

Hermit Crab
30-06-2012, 12:31 PM

:tee hee: Or on Rangers media, der huns showing their true colours i see http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=224726

Part/Time Supporter
30-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Let me guess, money-grabbing...

:blah: :blah:

welcome to our world

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Is it cos Norwich wear green:greengrin

I wished there was a Muttley s******ing smiley.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2012, 12:46 PM
For his sake I hope he gets played in midfield.

Www1875hfc
30-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Good move for Steven,hope he does well down south.
And also i see Kyle Lafferty has joined FC Sion on a three-year deal ?

Hanny
30-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Is it cos Norwich wear green:greengrin

I wished there was a Muttley s******ing smiley.

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 12:52 PM

Absolute class squire.

Dirkster23
30-06-2012, 12:57 PM
It'll be intereting to see how he does in the EPL. Wonder if this means Norwich will be looking to move on Francomb?

hibeefan95
30-06-2012, 01:04 PM

That one's a strange one for me. :confused:

Www1875hfc
30-06-2012, 01:21 PM
The SFA have refused international clearance for Whittakers transfer, have referred it to FIFA.

weecounty hibby
30-06-2012, 01:42 PM
What was the transfer fee involved? :faf:

Barney McGrew
30-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Great stuff, another one of the golden generation getting his chance in the Premiership :aok:

Makes you wonder how far Scott Brown could have gone if he hadn't taken the Glasgow shilling......

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2012, 01:50 PM
He wont notice the difference down there, they all have 6 fingers on each hand, and are boss eyed too.

Part/Time Supporter
30-06-2012, 01:51 PM
The SFA have refused international clearance for Whittakers transfer, have referred it to FIFA.

The clowns who are supposedly in charge of Scottish football are abandoning any pretence of neutrality now. Hopefully FIFA sort them out.

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2012, 01:53 PM
The clowns who are supposedly in charge of Scottish football are abandoning any pretence of neutrality now. Hopefully FIFA sort them out.

:agree: Is it any wonder non rangers fans are fed up with this whole stitch up? :rolleyes: They are not even trying to hide their complete flouting of any rules each club has signed up to.

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Good move for Whitty. Quality player!!

VickMackie
30-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Lafferty has signed for fc Sion. Hahaha ya stoater!

After all the comparisons with the tramps he signs for them,

johnbc70
30-06-2012, 02:35 PM

What a joke, they don't even know their own rules. What with this and the court case then once this saga is over there should be mass resignations. Actually why wait.

JohnStephens91
30-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Good move for Whittaker and now the facade of the SFA is now beginning to crumble, they are so far from being neutral it is unreal. Hopefully FIFA say no and tell the SFA and Green to **** off.

IWasThere2016
30-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I wish Laffatme had stayed with NewCo personally as he is total kack!

s.a.m
30-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Jane Lewis‏@JaneLewisSport On international clearence, SFA claims it requires permission from both the "old" Rangers and ''new'' Rangers for such clearance to be given

Jane Lewis‏@JaneLewisSport
But they believe the old rangers won't sign so they'd be in dispute. Therefore Fifa will have to step in

number9dream
30-06-2012, 03:46 PM
SFA petrified of any legal action and mired in their own ludicrous red tape.
Old Rangers will be represented by Duffer & Skelps - not sure on what grounds they would object but they are clowns / crooks.
New Rangers certain to object.
Fifa not exactly known for swift, decisive action. Wylde hasn't kicked a ball for Bolton after quitting Rangers.
This sorry tale is going to drag on...

Part/Time Supporter
30-06-2012, 03:53 PM
SFA petrified of any legal action and mired in their own ludicrous red tape.
Old Rangers will be represented by Duffer & Skelps - not sure on what grounds they would object but they are clowns / crooks.
New Rangers certain to object.
Fifa not exactly known for swift, decisive action. Wylde hasn't kicked a ball for Bolton after quitting Rangers.
This sorry tale is going to drag on...

I think the Wylde issue was more to do with the fact he left Rangers after the transfer window shut. He agreed his release with (old) Rangers.

The SFA not taking a view on this is ridiculous though. Rangers are in clear breach of contract with their attempt at forced transfer to the newco. Also, looking at it from the SFA's self-interest, Scotland have WC qualifiers coming up in early September, and they're seriously not going to let Whittaker, Naismith and McGregor play for their new clubs?

whiskyhibby
30-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Jane Lewis‏@JaneLewisSport On international clearence, SFA claims it requires permission from both the "old" Rangers and ''new'' Rangers for such clearance to be given

Jane Lewis‏@JaneLewisSport
But they believe the old rangers won't sign so they'd be in dispute. Therefore Fifa will have to step in

I thought that after liquidation there is no 'old Rangers' so how can they possibly agree to the transfer, sounds like SFA b@ll**** to me

Hibernia Na Eir
30-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Laughfarty to Sion?!! that IS a laugh!!

Hibs7
30-06-2012, 05:29 PM
The SFA are now official a laughing stock, they do not have any balls, after a company is liquidated employees have the choice to do what they want, absolute shambles which only goes to show what idiots run the football in Scotland..... get rid of them and start again.

Lungo--Drom
30-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Part/Time, didn't you know that SFA stands for Scottish Flute Association? :wink:

Here's a picture of them marching to their AGM at Hampden last year...

http://www.the-twelfth.org.uk/images/armagh_true_blues.jpg

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Part/Time, didn't you know that SFA stands for Scottish Flute Association? :wink:

Here's a picture of them marching to their AGM at Hampden last year...

http://www.the-twelfth.org.uk/images/armagh_true_blues.jpgThe SPL were represented there too :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/huncaster.jpg

30-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Good for him. Hopefully there is more players to follow in the coming days/weeks.

CropleyWasGod
30-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought that after liquidation there is no 'old Rangers' so how can they possibly agree to the transfer, sounds like SFA b@ll**** to me

They're not liquidated, and neither are they in liquidation. The company still exists, and is in administration.

Jim44
30-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing FIFA and UEFA taking the SFA to the cleaners, barring them from all international competitions and all European competitions, till they get their house in order.

Lungo--Drom
30-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Excellent DD, I knew it!!! :agree:

The SPL were represented there too :agree:

BarneyK
30-06-2012, 05:51 PM
They're not liquidated, and neither are they in liquidation. The company still exists, and is in administration.

Didn't they transfer the player contracts to Sevco? In which case, how does the Oldco still get a say?

s.a.m
30-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Didn't they transfer the player contracts to Sevco? In which case, how does the Oldco still get a say?

I thought so too. Might be a moot point, though, because Sevco would presumably object to the transfer?

CropleyWasGod
30-06-2012, 05:55 PM

No they didn't. They only transferred the contracts of those who wanted their contracts transferred. The others are, IMO, free agents, but it could be argued that they are still employed by the old company. I am guessing that the SFA have referred things to UEFA for guidance.

However, my post was in response to the belief, held by some, that RFC are liquidated. They aren't.

BarneyK
30-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I thought so too. Might be a moot point, though, because Sevco would presumably object to the transfer?

Aye but it's hardly been out of the blue, you would have thought they would have weighed in before now about the rights of the players to refuse the transfer if it wasn't legit. Not for the first time, the association are making themselves out to be fairly incompetent.

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 05:57 PM
No they didn't. They only transferred the contracts of those who wanted their contracts transferred. The others are, IMO, free agents, but it could be argued that they are still employed by the old company. I am guessing that the SFA have referred things to UEFA for guidance.

However, my post was in response to the belief, held by some, that RFC are liquidated. They aren't.probably just as well because of their own incompetence.

easty
30-06-2012, 05:59 PM

However, my post was in response to the belief, held by some, that RFC are liquidated. They aren't.

If Oldco Rangers own the players, wouldnt that be a violation of FIFA rules in itself? Are third parties allowed to own players? Oldco Rangers arent a football team anymore, they have no place in any football association, so they're in effect a company who own players.

CropleyWasGod
30-06-2012, 06:03 PM
If Oldco Rangers own the players, wouldnt that be a violation of FIFA rules in itself? Are third parties allowed to own players? Oldco Rangers arent a football team anymore, they have no place in any football association, so they're in effect a company who own players.

It could well be. However, since this is a new experience for the SFA, I think they're entitled to ask for guidance. The last thing they want is to make a ruling which is later shown to be against international rules. Once they've established the correct procedure for Whittaker, the others will be straightforward.

s.a.m
30-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Aye but it's hardly been out of the blue, you would have thought they would have weighed in before now about the rights of the players to refuse the transfer if it wasn't legit. Not for the first time, the association are making themselves out to be fairly incompetent.

Pretty sure Charles Green has already threatened the players who were refusing to transfer, and told them he would be pursuing them for breach of contract, and their new clubs for transfer fees. I may just have dreamt that though. :greengrin

To be fair to the SFA (yes.......I know!), the situation is bizarre and complicated, and likely to get messy. I can see why they have asked an external body for guidance.

CropleyWasGod
30-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Pretty sure Charles Green has already threatened the players who were refusing to transfer, and told them he would be pursuing them for breach of contract, and their new clubs for transfer fees. I may just have dreamt that though. :greengrin

To be fair to the SFA (yes.......I know!), the situation is bizarre and complicated, and likely to get messy. I can see why they have asked an external body for guidance.

Agree absolutely.

There are so many threats, explicit and implicit, half-truths, assumptions and ignorance flying around that the SFA have to be sure of their position. Otherwise, they are in for a nightmare of court cases and FIFA sanctions.

Hibs Class
30-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Agree absolutely.

There are so many threats, explicit and implicit, half-truths, assumptions and ignorance flying around that the SFA have to be sure of their position. Otherwise, they are in for a nightmare of court cases and FIFA sanctions.

I also agree. Once the ruling is that the players are free agents (as I expect it to be) that will slam the door shut on green/newco taking the court action he is ranting about today, as to do so would bring more sanctions on newco.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Delighted with that! About time they got involved in this farce.

J-C
30-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Lafferty has signed for fc Sion. Hahaha ya stoater!

After all the comparisons with the tramps he signs for them,

Sion have came into a barrel load of money seemingly, doing a lot of signings at the mo.

basehibby
30-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Good luck to Whitty - I think he'll do very well in the EPL. I don't think he should worry too much about the SFA's weakness - they are clearly sheighting it in case they get barred from the Mount Florida masonic lodge and hence are passing the buck to UEFA. From what I can see Whits is totally within his rights as the football club he signed a contract with no longer exists.

bighairyfaeleith
30-06-2012, 06:50 PM
The oldco holds the contract, however the oldco can't pay his wages so he is free to leave, the oldco has no legal grounds to object unless they can keep paying his wages.

The newco has no say in the matter, they can try and retrospectively sue his new club but this will fail as anyone with any experience of employment law knows the players have the right not to transfer.

3pm
30-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Wonder if Dode Francombe will return?

Billy Whizz
30-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Wonder if Dode Francombe will return?

We've just signed Clancy as a right back

hibsbollah
30-06-2012, 07:32 PM
We've just signed Clancy as a right back

Clancy has played RB, LB and CB, and Fenlon also said hed signed him because of his versatility in playing a range of positions. So I wouldnt rule out Francombe coming back. I liked him,.a proper defender with a good delivery from free kicks and corners.

tamig
30-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Clancy has played RB, LB and CB, and Fenlon also said hed signed him because of his versatility in playing a range of positions. So I wouldnt rule out Francombe coming back. I liked him,.a proper defender with a good delivery from free kicks and corners.

He's highly rated at Norwich though so I'd be surprised if we got him back again.

Sudds_1
30-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Excellent DD, I knew it!!! :agree:

why does he have Laugh out Loud on his sash? :greengrin

mca
30-06-2012, 08:48 PM
why does he have Laugh out Loud on his sash? :greengrin

I noticed that as well.. and while im no a mason.. could it be Lord of the Lodges ....... :faf:

Paisley Hibby
30-06-2012, 09:20 PM
It could well be. However, since this is a new experience for the SFA, I think they're entitled to ask for guidance. The last thing they want is to make a ruling which is later shown to be against international rules. Once they've established the correct procedure for Whittaker, the others will be straightforward.

As much as I'd like to jump on the "SFA are closet Huns" bandwagon, I think you are spot on with this comment. Interesting problem for Green if this goes against him - would he dare take legal action against the SFA?

Cocaine&Caviar
30-06-2012, 09:33 PM

Can't say I saw anything in him that would make me desperate to have him back tbh. Looked to have an alright set piece in him, but that was about it tbh. As for being a proper defender, saw very few tackles made my him.

Jonnyboy
30-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Good luck Whitty :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
01-07-2012, 07:38 AM
I noticed that as well.. and while im no a mason.. could it be Lord of the Lodges ....... :faf:

Not sure why a mason would know anything about the orange order?

Keith_M
01-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Given the length of time that has elapsed since the CVA was rejected, I'd have expected Duff and Phelps to have left/been removed by now and replaced with the liquidators. Any idea why this has not yet happened?

BarneyK
01-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Given the length of time that has elapsed since the CVA was rejected, I'd have expected Duff and Phelps to have left/been removed by now and replaced with the liquidators. Any idea why this has not yet happened?

There's still some money left in the creditors pot? :dunno:

Cabbage East
01-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Steven Whittaker has signed a four year deal with Norwich.

Good luck to him. :aok:

Will be good to see another Hibby from the golden generation strutting his stuff in the best league in the world.

Best league in the world? :faf:

Good luck to Whittaker.

Bostonhibby
01-07-2012, 09:31 AM
For "SFA refuse to transfer his registration" read SFA openly try to render Rangers assistance by creating a helpful precedent if they get away with it. I am becoming more and more disillusioned with Scottish Football by the day, the bias is now openly out there. Good luck to Whittaker, good player with a good attitude and did well for us. Might just go and watch him at Norwich next season.

Bostonhibby
01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
The SPL were represented there too :agree:

Why has the geek in the odd braces got a "Laugh out Loud" badge on the strap of his braces? Is it because he is an erse who is a member of an organisation that invites everyone to have a laugh at their expense?

s.a.m
01-07-2012, 09:41 AM
For "SFA refuse to transfer his registration" read SFA openly try to render Rangers assistance by creating a helpful precedent if they get away with it. I am becoming more and more disillusioned with Scottish Football by the day, the bias is now openly out there. Good luck to Whittaker, good player with a good attitude and did well for us. Might just go and watch him at Norwich next season.

You might be right - there are many accusations that could be levelled against them, but I'm not sure there's anything to be getting on their backs about here. Yet.

They haven't refused to transfer him, as far as I can see. They have been unable to finalise the transfer, because they don't have the agrement of all the parties involved - Charles Green has said that he believes that departing players are in breach of contract (he's probably wrong, but that's neither here nor there, until there's a decision), and will take legal action against them. As a result of the expected transfer disputes involving ex-Oldco players, the SFA have called in FIFA to clarify and arbitrate. Seems sensible to me.

Bostonhibby
01-07-2012, 09:52 AM
You might be right - there are many accusations that could be levelled against them, but I'm not sure there's anything to be getting on their backs about here. Yet.

They haven't refused to transfer him, as far as I can see. They have been unable to finalise the transfer, because they don't have the agrement of all the parties involved - Charles Green has said that he believes that departing players are in breach of contract (he's probably wrong, but that's neither here nor there, until there's a decision), and will take legal action against them. As a result of the expected transfer disputes involving ex-Oldco players, the SFA have called in FIFA to clarify and arbitrate. Seems sensible to me.

:agree: but I still much prefer to take a swipe at the bunch of OF apologists that are the SFA :greengrin

Green does a lot of legal talk but it costs money and he hasn't exactly been forthcoming in that respect so far. He seems to prefer spouting his version of what the law actually is and hoping for the best.

Bristolhibby
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Thing is Oldco is now in breach of Contract for not paying the players.

Hence Witts can walk for nothing.

J

Phil D. Rolls
01-07-2012, 07:31 PM

I'll see to it you get a medal for this!

Keith_M
03-07-2012, 08:34 PM
SFA has now changed it's tune and says the players are all free to find a new club

snooky
03-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Whitty's the proof that you can leave Hibs, go along the M8 AND be a Jambo yet still maintain the respect of Hibs fans.

Good luck in Canarytoon, Steven.

:singing: "It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it"

IWasThere2016
03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Thing is Oldco is now in breach of Contract for not paying the players.

Hence Witts can walk for nothing.

J

And where was the consultation the players would be entitled to? Plus my understanding is under TUPE the players would have the right to turn down the transfer and walk away.