PDA

View Full Version : So who else is looking forward to the new season?

greenlex
30-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Naw me neither. I am very disinterested at the moment. I dont know if its still cup final blues. I dont know if its the last two seasons overall performances. I dont know if Ive been battered into submission over this Newco pish.

I just cant get enthused about it in the slightest.

Not even the best strip in well over a decade has my juices flowing. This is not like me at all. Usually hyper within about two weeks of the previous football season finishing. Maybe a few decent signings will get my mojo back.
Fingers crossed.

VickMackie
30-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I was really looking forward to a shake up of Scottish football until this BS about SFL 1 happened.

PISTOL1875
30-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Naw me neither. I am very disinterested at the moment. I dont know if its still cup final blues. I dont know if its the last two seasons overall performances. I dont know if Ive been battered into submission over this Newco pish.

Not even the best strip in well over a decade has my juices flowing. This is not like me at all. Usually hyper within about two weeks of the previous football season finishing. Maybe a few decent signings will get my mojo back.
Fingers crossed.

THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..

Hibercelona
30-06-2012, 10:59 AM
I think its going to be another poor season with more new faced journeymen, while clubs that payout fractions less than we do look forward to their gifted 3 points against us.

Before somebody busts me for being pessimistic, i'm only basing this on the evidence of the last several years.

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 11:00 AM
THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..

Oh **** yes, if only the club felt this way.
As per usual we will bend over to be spanked yet again.

Hearts will be a much weakened team but I'll wager their still up for the game more than us.

If we can sign four or five decent quality players ( McPake ) as our captain I think we can maybe start to turn the tables on our City rivals.

I worry that we won't sign the type of player we need though and that things will stay as they are.

Fully expect groundhog day against Hearts at ER.

matty_f
30-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Fingers crossed.

I'm toiling as well, have to say.

I think we need to see some signing soon, and decent..no... good signings at that.

I'm also a sucker for hearing the soundbites and that, so a couple of good interviews and statements of intent from Pat Fenlon will probably get the enthusiasm going again.

At the moment, I'm more devestated at where we are and how bad things are at the club. Really just want to do something about it so we can all enjoy going to the football again, and so Hibernian can be successful.

Hiber-nation
30-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Fingers crossed.

Yep I'm exactly the same. Its finally sunk in that watching Hibs is just not enjoyable any more and I can't forsee any change in that. A combination of things I suppose - last few seasons' performance, the Cup Final, the Board not able to come up with any solutions other than continually pleading for fans to buy STs to fund players, the apathy, the hunco pish, the general lack of quality of Scottish fita etc. etc.

The only thing that would get me excited would be the signing of a player with real quality who would get us off our seats. Not gonny happen though is it?

hibeefan95
30-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh **** yes, if only the club felt this way.
As per usual we will bend over to be spanked yet again.

Hearts will be a much weakened team but I'll wager their still up for the game more than us.

If we can sign four or five decent quality players ( McPake ) as our captain I think we can maybe start to turn the tables on our City rivals.

I worry that we won't sign the type of player we need though and that things will stay as they are.

Fully expect groundhog day against Hearts at ER.

:agree: Completely agree with all of this.

Barney McGrew
30-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I know I'll very much be in the minority, but I'm actually strangely looking forward to it. Saturdays are boring already and we're not even into July yet. We're going to get a few signings, preseason starts soon and the thought of a Hun free league is very much a positive too.

Watching Hibs is in the blood.

Col2
30-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I am the same. Never felt as fed up re Hibs as I have since going to games in last 20 years. Even when relegated or mercer summer at least we had some passion and hope.

Being really brutal we have no players of any real note, nobody that would get you excited to watch, a manager who has made very very little progress and looks on face value out of his depth, a board of directors with zero ideas or leadership and fans like me who for first season in a long long time have decided not to renew, not because we can't be bothered or afford it but because we just don't enjoy it and this is our way of protesting.

Add in the Sevco debacle and latest disgraceful Div 1 attempt and it's a desperate state of affairs.

Col2
30-06-2012, 11:24 AM
My only caveat is.....it CAN change around very quickly but it is ALL about what is on the park in terms of quality and results.

nonshinyfinish
30-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I know I'll very much be in the minority, but I'm actually strangely looking forward to it. Saturdays are boring already and we're not even into July yet. We're going to get a few signings, preseason starts soon and the thought of a Hun free league is very much a positive too.

Me too.

A month ago I was delighted that the season was over, now as always I'm ganting on the new one starting. It'll probably be pish again, but you never know, you just never know...

Iain G
30-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Happy to join your minority, new season, new hopes and dreams, new players, if I didn't still have a positive outlook at this time of year, when you can put behind you the trials and tribulations of (another) not so good season and look forward to the upcoming year, then (especially from so far away!) I would wonder what the real point in me still supporting Hibs was, especially that I only ever get to a few games every few years when I venture home!

This close season is a re-birth again for Hibs, and this time it's a potential re-birth for Scottish football if everyone holds together. :agree:

And yet again, in a manager we put our trust and expectations and dreams and a massive dollop of hope that he can get it right on the park where many have failed recently, so over to you Pat and the rest of the management and players.

I can already imagine the first strains of Hector Nicol over the Easter Road tannoy system for that first home game.... :greengrin

frazeHFC
30-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Not at all! Bit fed up of Scottish football right now. Once the huns are in the 3rd division i will start getting more excited though.

PISTOL1875
30-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Not at all! Bit fed up of Scottish football right now. Once the huns are in the 3rd division i will start getting more excited though.

Another reason why I have no interest in the forthcoming season is partly to o with all the Rangers issue. I can't believe the SFA are going to bend the rules to suit them and put them in the 1st division instead of them playing in the 3rd where they should rightly end up..

jamie-fairbairn
30-06-2012, 11:50 AM
3 words.....Bring It On!!!

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

hibiedude
30-06-2012, 12:00 PM
As some have said I expect the same rubbish that's been feed to us week in week out for the last 2-3 seasons..... At least some of the wage thievs have been booted out.

davhibby
30-06-2012, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;3280449]THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..[/QUOTE/]
That's a brilliant attitude to take into next season. If the fans turn up to the hearts game then we can just outsing them and you won't need to listen to them also we will have a new team by then and hearts have lost half their team so you don't know what will happen:pfgwa

Gatecrasher
30-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I cant wait. Bring it on, Assuming the SFL clubs do the right thing i cant wait to get to ER and see the start of our turnaround and Paddy will give us a club to be proud of.

c31
30-06-2012, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE
That's a brilliant attitude to take into next season. If the fans turn up to the hearts game then we can just outsing them and you won't need to listen to them also we will have a new team by then and hearts have lost half their team so you don't know what will happen[/QUOTE]

An so have we, Doherty, McPake, Soares, Griffiths, O'Connor to name just a few and with no money to sign any better that that I'm afraid we are still there for the taking. Unless we sign 7 or 8 class players it's going to be a very long season.

offshorehibby
30-06-2012, 12:20 PM
God, i clicked on this thread think i was going to get some cheer, i'm now thinking of sticking my head in the oven.

I always look forward to a new season. As somebody above said, new beginning, new hope, no huns. Roll on the 5th.

GGTTH

Billychaotic182
30-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Am looking forward to it as I have a love for football. As for being excited about watching hibs? Not so much as I look at that team that we have right now and it gives me the fear of going down. I don't even think the signing of McPake will make me confident of staying up. We need 6 or 7 new players who can hit the ground running. Just hope we can put the last few seasons behind us

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Not too fussed just now to be honest.

However first league match I'll be rarin to go.

Looking forward to the game at Grangemouth before I go on hols, just for being different.

BEEJ
30-06-2012, 12:47 PM
God, i clicked on this thread think i was going to get some cheer, i'm now thinking of sticking my head in the oven.

Before you do .......

... buy yourself a season-ticket for ER!

You know it makes sense. :greengrin

Stevie Reid
30-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I am a wee bit.

**** knows why.

Famous5forever
30-06-2012, 01:10 PM

I Feel the same the opening 2 fixtures i think will yeald us zero points its all a bit depressing just thinking about next season fingers crossed Murray wins today at least you can get excited about the tennis when one of our own is still in there.

andyf5
30-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm looking forward to

a fresh squad of players who will play as our new manager wants
the professionalism that will be displayed by the new regime at East Mains
regular games on a Saturday at 3 when the tv deal falls
playing in a league of teams living within their means
seeing what the section 43 folk dream up for this season - biggest improvement to match atmosphere imho
playing in a weakened league as all teams cost cut
the first home game as the previous evidence says we will lose
seeing what the new board & fans inititive comes up with
the New Year game
going to the football with my son with our first season tickets together

I'm hoping

we will do well given our healthier financial situation
for Europe next year
we can beat the Hearts

:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Looking forward to Berlin if I can secure the funds!

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I cant wait, its always the same after a couple of weeks without Hibs. Only 19 days before i get to see us again. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Right in the balance for me. Poor PF is in the same position as all other managers, so many of the supporters of clubs up and down the country have lost confidence in our footballing administrators and want to ensure that they do the right thing in the Huns saga, that all preparations by managers are pretty much academic for most of us right now.

PJ IronHIbee
30-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Feeling more optimistic now that mcpake has signed on the dotted line.

PJ IronHIbee
30-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Pedantic_Hibee
30-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I would say you're doubly optimistic..... ;)

HibbyAndy
01-07-2012, 09:56 PM

Utterly delighted Mcpake has signed , Fantastic news, But lets no kid ourselves, We need another 6 quality players in AT LEAST..none of this quantity pish, Its quality we need.

We have enquired about Dean Shiels, This would trump any summer signing IMO.

greenlex
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Sheila's signing would grab my attention. Along with several others please.

Dinkydoo
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Starting to get excited, but the excitement will fade if we don't bring in some more quality players over the next few weeks.

Hibernia&Alba
02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm always stupid enough to be excited by a new season. I love the anticipation of starting with a clean slate. As a Hibs fan this optimism usually lasts a maximum of three games before my weekends are ruined again.

But you just never know. I tell myself this every summer!

Just_Jimmy
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I am. First time for a while I'll be able to go regular due to changing jobs etc, no Huns in the league (regardless of where they end up, we won't see them this season) so I'm looking forward to it.

Lungo--Drom
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Luckily our headmaster refused to let us learn Gorganian back when I was at school. He told us one day after morning prayer that it would only lead us to follow an immoral path through life if we learned to speak the same language as T.H.E.M.

lucky
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Got to be looking forward to it. When was the last time we were guaranteed to split the Old Firm. Mon the Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
If Hibs dont sign at least three of the Spanish team, start charging £5 to get in and put a full statement on the website as to why SPL football isnt as good as the EPL then I'm finished.

Not to mention Zombie Huns simply must be in the West Glasgow pub league at the start of the 12/13 season.

If none of this happens then its Netherdale for me on a Saturday to watch Gala RFC who play in a lovely shade of maroon.

:greengrin

Franck Stanton
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
may well be in the minority but....Yes, I am getting excited about the new season. Bring it on I say. Wee Pat will have signed a good few quality players and have them playing his brand of football. Cant wait, wish it was starting this Saturday. Lets face it, this season cant be any worse than the last two now can it ? No, not with the 3 signings we have already made - with the prospect of more to come, [ hopefully Deano is one of them }, C'mon the Hibbys

:flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::flag:

hibsbollah
02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
:hilarious:

I love this thread. And they say the Scots are miserable bassas...

Hibrandenburg
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
It'll be a long dreary season without Rangers paying us a visit. The league just won't be the same without them.

basehibby
03-07-2012, 12:33 AM
The signing of McPake is very encouraging - it was plain for all to see that he's exactly the type we've been crying out for and the fact that Fenlon has been backed sufficiently to secure him is a positive signal from the board. Cairney and Clancy also both look like decent signings but there's a hell of a lot of work to be done by Fenlon yet.

Nevertheless, I'm encouraged and can feel a tingle of anticipation starting to develop :greengrin

jgl07
03-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I can't focus at all on the coming season and will not do so until Newhuns are consigned to the dustbin of history (or to the next best thing SFL3).

Once the SFL have told them to take a jump on Tuesday and the SPL give the thumbs down on Thursday, leaving the SFA to administer the last rites; no doubt things will change.

Cameron1875
03-07-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm very confused about next season. Rangers must be in 3rd division and if they aren't then its plain to see that Scottish Football is corrupt. However if Petrie thinks just signing Mcpake will solve everything then he is mistaken. A player of the standard of Mcpake is the least we should expect surely? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but it said it all when we kicked off last season with murray, thornhill an stevenson in the middle of the park.

Hainan Hibs
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm holding back any excitement until I see what squad we have for the new season. Last season, especially that final, hopefully signaled that almost no one in that team deserves to be even at ER nevermind in the starting 11.

From what I've heard Pat knows what's to be done, and the early signs are positive, but the 3 signings so far must only be the beginning. If Pat puts together a no nonsense team for the start of the season I'll let loose the excitement, but if we're looking at the prospect of Sproule playing RM and Stevenson or Osbourne acting as makeshift Left Mid's again then I'm setting up a tent in the Doom and Gloom camp:greengrin

Steve20
03-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Looking at our squad, not at all. However I am hoping we will bring in enough players to improve us, then I might start looking forward to it.

marinello59
03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm very confused about next season. Rangers must be in 3rd division and if they aren't then its plain to see that Scottish Football is corrupt. However if Petrie thinks just signing Mcpake will solve everything then he is mistaken. A player of the standard of Mcpake is the least we should expect surely? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but it said it all when we kicked off last season with murray, thornhill an stevenson in the middle of the park.

Best you avoid the press today where in a series of interviews, all exclusive of course, our chairman explains ''Why signing McPake has solved everything.''
He then goes on to suggest that we all hug a hun. But worst of all at no point does he use the phrase ''Sporting integrity.'' The man is evil.

Saorsa
03-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Best you avoid the press today where in a series of interviews, all exclusive of course, our chairman explains ''Why signing McPake has solved everything.''
He then goes on to suggest that we all hug a hun. But worst of all at no point does he use the phrase ''Sporting integrity.'' The man is evil.Sarcasm, don't you just love it?

Of course the man is a complete saint who is incapable of going against what the fans want and pushing his own agenda and of chasing the money. Remind me again, what was the name of that guy who was one of the main protagonists pushing for doncaster's, and the OF's 10 team league that naebody including 90+ % of supporters including those of the club he's suppose tae represent wanted.

marinello59
03-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Sarcasm, don't you just love it?

Of course the man is a complete saint who is incapable of going against what the fans want and pushing his own agenda and of chasing the money. Remind me again, what was the name of that guy who was one of the main protagonists pushing for doncaster's, and the OF's 10 team league that naebody including 90+ % of supporters including those of the club he's suppose tae represent wanted.

I have said already regardless of the whole Rangers thing Petrie is past his sell by date. I have also said that if he is behind moves to force Rangers in to SFL1 then his position is untenable. However I forgot that humour is now officially frowned on when it comes to discussing the whole Hunco situation. How about I edit my post to simply read, ''SPORTING INTEGRITY.''

Phil MaGlass
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I am not looking forward to the new season, I will if newco are put where they should be, 3Div. Will find out soon enough wether I am finished with Scottish fitba/joke forever, I cannot support a game I put thousands into just to find out its corrupt to the core, again

"SPORTING INTEGRITY"

Iain G
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I have said already regardless of the whole Rangers thing Petrie is past his sell by date. I have also said that if he is behind moves to force Rangers in to SFL1 then his position is untenable. However I forgot that humour is now officially frowned on when it comes to discussing the whole Hunco situation. How about I edit my post to simply read, ''SPORTING INTEGRITY.''

Maybe you need to be less subtle with the "funny" bits, perhaps a smiley or two may help, maybe a smiley of someone standing on a rake and it hitting them in the face or a man carrying a plank on his shoulder turning around and constantly hitting his mate, that would do it and should be obvious enough... :greengrin

marinello59
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Maybe you need to be less subtle with the "funny" bits, perhaps a smiley or two may help, maybe a smiley of someone standing on a rake and it hitting them in the face or a man carrying a plank on his shoulder turning around and constantly hitting his mate, that would do it and should be obvious enough... :greengrin

It would also be much funnier than anything I have ever posted on here. :greengrin

offshorehibby
03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Before you do .......

... buy yourself a season-ticket for ER!

You know it makes sense. :greengrin

Had my season ticket bought in April

yeezus.
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm looking forward to it - I think our first two games will give us a real taster of what's to come.