PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of the chicken and egg money v players issue

matty_f
30-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I've got a question for those that could get a season ticket but are choosing not to until they see a product on the park worth the money, or see signs that the board are doing their bit for it.

At what point would you accept that the Board have done enough to justify you parting with your cash?

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Good quality players in key positions.

A leader we can relate too, who leads by example.

The small chance there might actually be some entertainment on show.

Not much to ask in my opinion.

I could have said.....

A team that's capable of a top three finish. ( that's what we should be )

A team that is capable of winning things. ( not a hope )

A team that is capable of spanking the ****s...( .. Not in my lifetime sadly )

Some seem happy to wallow in mediocrity, I'm not.

I realise it's going to take time but we must not keep making the same mistakes, we must start to put things right on and off the park.

If I was to see some of these things I might be tempted to buy a ST.

As it stands there isn't a hope in hell I'll buy one.

Put a team on the park and people will come.

silverhibee
30-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I have parted with my cash for me and my son for ST for the new season ahead.

I would like to see at least five new players in the team for next season.

VickMackie
30-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Other - Can't afford one. Will get to as many games as I can.

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I've gone with other but I'll no post my reason again in case I upset a few people :rolleyes:

G-Reg
30-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Reason for choosing Other:

I will be at most games this season PATG but i'm currently priced out of the ST and wasn't in a position to get the payment plan at the time. It's just unfortunate our club is using seasonn ticket money to bolster the squad. I just hope the PATG money I put in last year helped the pot this year.

matty_f
30-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I've got a question for those that could get a season ticket but are choosing not to until they see a product on the park worth the money, or see signs that the board are doing their bit for it.

At what point would you accept that the Board have done enough to justify you parting with your cash?

I've gone with other but I'll no post my reason again in case I upset a few people :rolleyes:

It's alright DD, the poll wasnae really for you! :wink:

marinello59
30-06-2012, 11:07 AM

How many times? Watching the match from your own pitch side jacuzzi whilst a lycra clad Rod Petrie feeds you grapes just isn't going to happen.
(I can see why some would find this upsetting though.)

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 11:12 AM
How many times? Watching the match from your own pitch side jacuzzi whilst a lycra clad Rod Petrie feeds you grapes just isn't going to happen.
(I can see why some would find this upsetting though.):greengrin

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 11:18 AM
It's alright DD, the poll wasnae really for you! :wink:oops must have misread that :greengrin I thought it was a public poll :wink: and there was an option for other :wink:

:greengrin

VickMackie
30-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I am pissed off at Scottish football and don't want to spend my money watching corrupt bs but I'll still go to some games but only for the day out.

leggeto
30-06-2012, 08:55 PM
renewed my 3 season tikets in april,well im not going to watch anyone else am i,it would drive me mad not knowing the score when not there,but we do need a decent keeper:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

Paisley Hibby
30-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Voted "other" because I've already bought one :greengrin

DH1875
30-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Me too :thumbsup:.

Seveno
30-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I renewed mine in April. I have faith in PF, besides, it's in my DNA.

JohnStephens91
30-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Got mine way back on the first day we were able to get season tickets for this coming season. Love the club so much, I was PATG for 3 seasons due to work and my boss said next season is fine to go to all the Hibs games. Couldn't resist it really, especially at £95 for a student in the FF lower.

Jones28
30-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Other

Been working on this principle for a couple of seasons now, ie without my money the team cannot be helped to develop. However this season is different as I am now priced at £400 for a ticket in the West Stand, coupled with travelling costs it about doubles by the time I take this into account. I will go to games- it's in the blood - but not every home game that's all. I went to 2 away games last season (Dunfermiline and SCSF) and enjoyed them far more than any home game last season bar Dunfermiline at home.

frazeHFC
30-06-2012, 10:50 PM

It won't upset me, i know exactly what you mean. :agree:

DIE HUNS, DIE!

frazeHFC
30-06-2012, 10:51 PM
(I can see why some would find this upsetting though.)

:faf: :top marks

Hibspirational
01-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Other - A season ticket for £400 is just too expensive now, I'll get to as many games as I can, and might think about a half season ticket later in the season.

PatHead
01-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Newco in 3rd division. Then I'll join.

Winston Ingram
02-07-2012, 05:30 AM
I'll buy an ST the moment Sevco are treated the same as any newco club applying to the league.

If they get into Division 1 Scottish Football will get nothing more from me.

As for signings, I accept nothing extravagant will arrive at ER in the current climate.

HH81
02-07-2012, 07:40 AM
At what point would you feel you could justify buying a season ticket?

If i moved closer to Edinburgh.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 07:43 AM
There's nothing the club can do now to get me to renew.

I want to see an improvement on the park and if I start enjoying myself at games again ill maybe get a half season ticket

MB62
02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Going to miss three home games due to holidays and therefore it just isn't value for money.

down-the-slope
02-07-2012, 08:27 AM

and me x 2

very glad I did invest as its been used very wisely on James McPake....

:devil:

Saorsa
02-07-2012, 08:28 AM

If i moved closer to Edinburgh.dinnae dae that! :bitchy:

Allant1981
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I voted wont change my mind, i can afford one but really dont want to, yip i know all season ticket money goes towards the squad but i like to pick and choose what games i go watch, i also went to almost every away game last season rather than home as i felt the atmosphere was better and it was a more enjoyable day/night out

HH81
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
dinnae dae that! :bitchy:

I can see why you have over 5000 posts in 3 years now :wink:

I just go for the quality in mine :greengrin

ps - you would like me to move up there really :agree:

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM

If i moved closer to Edinburgh.

Simple answer= move closer to the Capital. :greengrin

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 12:31 PM

ps - you would like me to move up there really :agree:

You could come to my local for a few beers HH.

Don't think you you would get away with talking about egg chasing crap though. :cb :greengrin

Saorsa
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM

ps - you would like me to move up there really :agree:aye like all those quality posts in those manure threads :na na: :hilarious

lucky
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
When the Rangers saga broke, everyone said kick them out the SPL or they were boycotting Hibs. The SPL kick them out now OUR fans want to boycott OUR games over a decision that they don't have a vote in. If the SFL change their rules it will be them that has allowed Rangers into Div 1 not Hibs

Phil MaGlass
02-07-2012, 02:17 PM
When the Rangers saga broke, everyone said kick them out the SPL or they were boycotting Hibs. The SPL kick them out now OUR fans want to boycott OUR games over a decision that they don't have a vote in. If the SFL change their rules it will be them that has allowed Rangers into Div 1 not Hibs

Aye and that will in no doubt have nothing to do with the threats of setting up a SPL2 or bribing the SFL to a tune of a million, with oor own Rod supposedly at the helm,nothing to do with Hibs, aye right.

matty_f
02-07-2012, 05:33 PM
There's nothing the club can do now to get me to renew.

I want to see an improvement on the park and if I start enjoying myself at games again ill maybe get a half season ticket

Essentially this option then: See how we start once the season is under way? :wink:

Houchy
02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I've gone for "other", I'd like them to sign a player or two with decent proven quality and show some ambition, rather than signing players on the chance that they may turn out to be ok (when 9/10 times recently, they turned out to be gash). IIRC, the last player we bought and fitted the above criteria was Bamba, who we then sold on for a decent profit. If we signed a good player or two like McCabe and Alexander from Rangers, I be a lot more optomistic than them bringing back the likes of Sproul or some guy from Partick. Now before anyone jumps down my thoat about him, I've never seen him play so I'm not slagging the guy off and yes I know Ian Wright played for a Pub Team before he signed for Arsenal etc but I just think we need to show ambition by signing some inspirational players.

Edit: I also think that if things got worse (How could they really get that much worse?), If it was caused by the board having a speculative punt and spending an extra million or so, the supporters would recognise that and would still be more likely to "give something back".

Bill Milne
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Voted "other" as I bought mine ages ago!!