PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland signs Steven Fletcher for £12M

Pages : [1] 2

Scooter
29-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Wolves reject a £5m bid from Sunderland for Steven fletcher

Lmc2105
29-06-2012, 06:48 AM
How much did wolves get him for? Vastly improved since then, just the kind of striker sunderland have been crying out for!

Cocaine&Caviar
29-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Burnley paid £3m
Wolves paid £6m
Sunderland to pay...

Judas Iscariot
29-06-2012, 07:27 AM
He'll go for around 8

PeterboroHibee
29-06-2012, 08:02 AM
How much did wolves get him for? Vastly improved since then, just the kind of striker sunderland have been crying out for!

In a team with good wingers and people who can deliver a ball (eg Larsson), Fletcher could score plenty of goals. I know Wolves got relegated, but £5 millions a bit cheeky for a player they spent £6-7 million on 2 years ago. Hes improved since then and has established himself as a solid Premiership striker.

Just_Jimmy
29-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I think wolves paid 7.5m.

Diclonius
29-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Good. Don't want him anywhere near the Mackems.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I said that after Wolves got relegated that it would be interesting to see how far up the Premiership he got this time. Sunderland would be a great move for him.

Iceman1875
29-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Surely Steven fletcher could aim higher than Sunderland in the premier league? I don't think he would look out of place in a top 6 premiership team...

Stevie Reid
29-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Surely Steven fletcher could aim higher than Sunderland in the premier league? I don't think he would look out of place in a top 6 premiership team...

I think he will get there eventually.

HH81
29-06-2012, 09:15 AM
If your going to sign for a north east club it would have to be Newcastle.

Just_Jimmy
29-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Newcastle wont pay that kind of money for a squad player. They are in talks for luke de jong, still have cisse and ba as well as ameobi, best (going).

Sunderland chuck money about, fletch is a good player but there is no way in this world he's worth 9million ish considering newcastle paid 9m for cisse.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Newcastle wont pay that kind of money for a squad player. They are in talks for luke de jong, still have cisse and ba as well as ameobi, best (going).

Sunderland chuck money about, fletch is a good player but there is no way in this world he's worth 9million ish considering newcastle paid 9m for cisse.

36 goals in 82 starts whilst playing for relegated Premiership clubs - he's easily worth that much.

Just_Jimmy
29-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Fletch is a good player. I think hes got a bit to go before id be paying 9m for him tho. In this climate which top sides would pay that money and give him game time?

Hed be a great fit for everton but they dont have the cash. I also think hed be a good signing or liverpool but they have invested to much in carrol and suarez.

I think sunderland may be the only club that would be willing to pay the cash and give him playing time. I hope not tho.

SMAXXA
29-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Get your cash on sunderland getting relegated if he goes there.......he's a bogey I'm telling you lol

Stevie Reid
29-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Fletch is a good player. I think hes got a bit to go before id be paying 9m for him tho. In this climate which top sides would pay that money and give him game time?

Hed be a great fit for everton but they dont have the cash. I also think hed be a good signing or liverpool but they have invested to much in carrol and suarez.

I think sunderland may be the only club that would be willing to pay the cash and give him playing time. I hope not tho.

That would be no bad thing - a big club with a very good manager.

His scoring ratio in the EPL is excellent, easily worth £9M in that environment - plus, given that Wolves paid £7M for him and he's been a success, they're hardly likely to sell for less.

Just_Jimmy
29-06-2012, 10:24 AM
That would be no bad thing - a big club with a very good manager.

His scoring ratio in the EPL is excellent, easily worth £9M in that environment - plus, given that Wolves paid £7M for him and he's been a success, they're hardly likely to sell for less.

Hence i brought the 9m valuation up. Sunderland wouldnt be a bad fit but i dont want to not like fletch so i hope not.

southsider
29-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Sunny1875
29-06-2012, 04:19 PM
He'll go for around 8

For a player who is not even quoted in the national set-up

HibbyAndy
29-06-2012, 05:18 PM

SF Is easily worth 9 million in today's market, When you think of huddies like Andy Carroll going for 35 million SF is a snip.

VickMackie
29-06-2012, 05:30 PM
For a player who is not even quoted in the national set-up

That probably makes him more valuable.

More rest time and less chance of gettin injured on international football. However, probably gives him more time to down jagers the way he's always going on on twitter!

givescotlandfreedom
29-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Do we have a clause to get more dosh on all future transfers or just the first one?

brog
29-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Would that be the same Newcastle that paid £7mm for Carl Cort 12 years ago?? :greengrin There are dozens of examples of players who couldn't lace Fletch's boots who've gone for £7mm + in the last decade. I think Wolves will get close on £10mm for Fletch though I agree your general thoughts that Sunderland are the most obvious purchasers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Was hoping The Hammers might've put in a bid for him.

Winston Ingram
29-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Wolves reject a £5m bid from Sunderland for Steven fletcher

£5m is laughable. He'll go for double that

Winston Ingram
29-06-2012, 08:18 PM

His You'll Never Walk Alone Tattoo will go down a storm there

G-Reg
29-06-2012, 08:46 PM
If your going to sign for a north east club it would have to be Newcastle.

I'd love to see this but the only way it would happen is if Mr SportsDirect/shrewd.businessman.com gets a good offer for one of his Senegal lads and needs a replacemet

Spike Mandela
29-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Good player but Premier League jinx. Every team he plays for gets relegated.

Jonnyboy
29-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Good player but Premier League jinx. Every team he plays for gets relegated.

C'mon McGlynn - get him signed :greengrin

TomoHFC
29-06-2012, 08:58 PM
i would take him to be honest looks a great player but was unlucky with wolves from a sunderland fan

goosefat
29-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Just imagine what his price tag would be if he could use his right foot...

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Cisse was worth £9m when Newcastle bought him, he's since gone on to do very well. Whats his worth now, maybe double?

Fletcher went to Burnley for £4m from us, He improved and moved to Wolves for £7.5m. He's again improved playing for Wolves, so £9m seems about right to me.

Wilson
29-06-2012, 10:13 PM

More I expect.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Wolves would've been able to hold out for a bigger fee if they were still in the EPL. Premiership sides will know they can sign him for less now that they have dropped a division.

Hibercelona
30-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Come on Rod, get them bids in! :aok:

Somebody had to say it.

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Come on Rod, get them bids in! :aok:

Somebody had to say it.

Unfortunately, I hear from a friend that it's a done deal he's heading Ibrox, like so many other Hibs players have done.

God, it feels so good to read that bull**** for once!

Andy74
30-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Why are Sunderland buggering about a few days before pre season when he's been on their wanted list since last season? ;)

hibeefan95
30-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Always liked Fletch. Really hope he gets the move he's after.

cad
15-07-2012, 05:55 AM
See Fletch could be on the move ,Sunderland up`d their bid from £8 to £10 million no bad for one peg eh ,do Hibs gain anything from this sale if it goes through .

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/333039/Sunderland-set-to-bid-10m-for-Wolves-striker-Steven-Fletcher

Tynie01011973
15-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Ehmm...........Not even the Tache would have been able to negotiate a 'Sell On' clause for someone who may be sold on for a second time since leaving Hibs

:rolleyes:

cad
15-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Ehmm...........Not even the Tache would have been able to negotiate a 'Sell On' clause for someone who may be sold on for a second time since leaving Hibs

I thought that , but you gotta ask , as my granny used to say shy bairns get nae sweeties , know what I mean :wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 09:13 AM
See Fletch could be on the move ,Sunderland up`d their bid from £8 to £10 million no bad for one peg eh ,do Hibs gain anything from this sale if it goes through .

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/333039/Sunderland-set-to-bid-10m-for-Wolves-striker-Steven-Fletcher

Surely not, we were told he was not worth anywhere near that amount? :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-07-2012, 11:57 AM
When it comes to the EPL, what players are worth and what teams will pay for them, and the amount that they actually go for do not seem to be linked to each other. If you look that price that Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll, then anything in terms of single figures [ <10 Million ] would appear to be the going rate for squad fillers.

VickMackie
15-07-2012, 12:57 PM
EVeryone knows AC isn't worth 35 million, Liverpool even knew it.

It was purely because they got 50 million and had hours left to sign a striker. It was a one off scenario!

dangermouse
15-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I was in Stoke this week and talking to a club official in the shop about who they would like to sign and Fletcher is top of the list. Whether they get him or not is another story.

Jonnyboy
15-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I was in Stoke this week and talking to a club official in the shop about who they would like to sign and Fletcher is top of the list. Whether they get him or not is another story.

Aye but would Fletch want to work in the shop? :greengrin

Springbank
15-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Aye but would Fletch want to work in the shop? :greengrin

Haha in a Shan summer of doom and depression this is my favourite cheer-me-up post!

Part/Time Supporter
30-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Sunderland now bidding £10M. Wolves hoping for a bigger offer from Villa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19048370

Mikeystewart
30-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Sunderland now bidding £10M. Wolves hoping for a bigger offer from Villa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19048370

Does anyone know what if any the transfer sell on clause is worth? Is it a percentage of every sale or was it a one off from the Burnley to wolves move?

Part/Time Supporter
30-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know what if any the transfer sell on clause is worth? Is it a percentage of every sale or was it a one off from the Burnley to wolves move?

Dunno. According to that BBC report, Burnley have a 15% of profit clause in any sale by Wolves, which would be £450K to Burnley if Wolves take the £10M offer. I wonder if Rod will argue that Hibs are due a cut of the additional amount paid to Burnley? We are not talking about vast amounts, but it would still be ~£60K to Hibs if it is due.

I think this would also make Fletcher the most expensive Scottish player (>Gordon and Hutton £9M). Unless I'm forgetting something blindingly obvious.

:greengrin

Jim44
30-07-2012, 08:29 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that these sell-on clauses generally only apply to the first transaction.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Benji was a better player. Fletcher would never make it at a high level because of his lack of a right foot.

Another couple of Hibs.net facts.

3pm
30-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Benji was a better player. Fletcher would never make it at a high level because of his lack of a right foot.

To be fair, I don't think too many predicted Fletcher doing as well as he has.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 08:42 PM
To be fair, I don't think too many predicted Fletcher doing as well as he has.

Agreed not many did but I always did.

The guy had bags of natural talent and was a worker. A brilliant combination.

It was obvious to me he was stagnating big time towards the end of his time at Hibs and needed a decent move to a higher level to really kick on.

Delighted he's done well and proved his many doubters wrong.

HibbyAndy
30-07-2012, 08:42 PM

Nae lack about it, Fletch never had a right foot.

rcarter1
30-07-2012, 08:51 PM

I also seem to remember Fletcher getting slated for not being the answer (For us!), when he had a marginal game at the age of 17. Great to see a player kick on. Hopefully Caldwell and the other young guys have the same drive. If they can progress this season, we could do alright this season. Any hard man midfielders in the young crowd? :dunno:

VickMackie
30-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought there was something in place that a small percentage of transfer fees always have to filter down to the lowest level of football now?

Is that correct?

The Modfather
30-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Best of the "Golden Generation" by a country mile.

Neither Riordan or O'connor are in the same bracket as Fletch. They must both be looking at his career and wondering what might have been themselves if they had chose to act like professional athletes. Instead of a life that has taken them to being unable to outrun a policeman, spell a fake name, or get fit enough for a trial (one of the rare ones that doesn't end up in a ban from a nightclub), after drifting like a journeyman for the last few years.

offshorehibby
30-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I also seem to remember Fletcher getting slated for not being the answer (For us!), when he had a marginal game at the age of 17. Great to see a player kick on. Hopefully Caldwell and the other young guys have the same drive. If they can progress this season, we could do alright this season. Any hard man midfielders in the young crowd? :dunno:

They will only kick on if they are not subjected to the same nonsense as top class strikers like Fletcher was subjected to. Not Hibs class ma frigin ass. Fletcher had class written all over him and so do our current crop.

BEEJ
30-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that these sell-on clauses generally only apply to the first transaction.
That's my understanding. Otherwise the original selling club would end up having a part ownership in the player for the rest of his career.

First deal only. Thereafter what sell-on clause is in place is between clubs two and three - in this case Burnley and Wolves.

essexhibee
31-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Apparently now rejected a £12mill bid so O'neill is going to offer Connor Wickham on loan aswell.

Will this make Fletch the most expensive Scottish player? Class act. Legend. :agree:

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Apparently now rejected a £12mill bid so O'neill is going to offer Connor Wickham on loan aswell.

Will this make Fletch the most expensive Scottish player? Class act. Legend. :agree:

And yet not rated highly enough by the Scotland manager :rolleyes:.

Happy to see him doing well. Hes really pushed on since his time at Hibs, and seems to be highly rated down South. Hes only 25 as well, if he does well if he ends up at the likes of Sunderland, could end up at a really top club!

hibeemikey21
31-07-2012, 07:42 AM
I thought there was something in place that a small percentage of transfer fees always have to filter down to the lowest level of football now?

Is that correct?

You may be right actually! I remember when real Madrid bought mohammadou diarra from Lyon for £20m or so, and some wee Malian team made a killing from it

Hainan Hibs
31-07-2012, 07:50 AM
And yet not rated highly enough by the Scotland manager :rolleyes:.

Oi! We've got plenty of fire power in Jamie Mackie and Craig Mackail-Smith to fire us along the Road to Rio:greengrin

Great to see Fletcher do well, hopefully he gets a good move and when Levein is out on his arse after the inevitable rubbish start to the qualifying campaign Fletcher can start firing them in for Scotland.

Lost_Mackem
05-08-2012, 01:08 AM

:confused:

Sunderland is a big club with ambitions of eventually (hopefully) playing European football, how much higher could he aim?

Formerely one of England's greatest club's, we have the potential to be up there again.

Big_Franck
05-08-2012, 01:47 AM

Sunderland is a big club with ambitions of eventually (hopefully) playing European football, how much higher could he aim?

Formerely one of England's greatest club's, we have the potential to be up there again.

A team that is likely to finish top half? Sunderland are most likely to be somewhere between mid table to fighting against relegation next season. Don't get me wrong, Sunderland wouldn't be a bad move for Fletcher, but with a bit of luck he could sign for a better side. Like Newcastle.

Lost_Mackem
05-08-2012, 02:08 AM
A team that is likely to finish top half? Sunderland are most likely to be somewhere between mid table to fighting against relegation next season. Don't get me wrong, Sunderland wouldn't be a bad move for Fletcher, but with a bit of luck he could sign for a better side. Like Newcastle.

Newcastle have Ba and Cissé who both outscored the lanky Scot last season aswell as generally being better players.

Don't get me wrong I would be very happy with the signing of Fletcher but I wouldn't go above £12m.

We seem to have reigned in the spending compared to previous years and it looks as though the emphasis has now been placed on running the club at a profit given the only news that seems to come out of SAFC these days is the announcement of lucrative new sponsorship deals. Hardly surprising, even though we have a billionaire owner I don't think we can expect him to be forking out £30m every year to cover our losses.

I think Sunderland is about as high as Fletcher can aim, of the clubs currently in the bracket above us I think they all have better players. Fletcher would also suit the way we play... which is pretty **** tbf, I always thought MON's teams played good football?

Haymaker
05-08-2012, 02:18 AM
I always thought MON's teams played good football?

He has always played effective football, never really seen any team of his play good football.

jacomo
05-08-2012, 03:12 AM
His You'll Never Walk Alone Tattoo will go down a storm there

Brendan Rodgers should buy Fletcher to replace Carroll. He's a better player.

jacomo
05-08-2012, 03:18 AM

No you don't.

The upper end of the English league is determined by spending power - Sunderland have nowhere near the revenues needed to establish themselves amongst the big boys.

dchibs
05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Leigh Griffith tweeted me and told me he was lazy.:greengrin

Lost_Mackem
05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
[/B]

No you don't.

The upper end of the English league is determined by spending power - Sunderland have nowhere near the revenues needed to establish themselves amongst the big boys.

Yet...

We have just secured the most lucrative sponsorship deal in the club's history, its worth around the same amount as Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered.

SAFC have a fabulous history, the sixth most successful football club in England when it comes to league titles having won more than the likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester City.

The club never played outside the top flight for an unbroken 68 years, we were the last club able to claim we had only ever played top flight football.

The fanbase is there aswell which was proved under Peter Reid when the SoL was packed to the rafters every week with nearly 50,000 crammed in. Gates have fallen to around the 40,000 mark due to the tough financial times many families are experiencing in the North East but thats still hugely impressive given how long the club has been in the doldrums with only one major trophy since the war and numerous seasons spent outside the top flight.

ScottB
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Yet...

We have just secured the most lucrative sponsorship deal in the club's history, its worth around the same amount as Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered.

SAFC have a fabulous history, the sixth most successful football club in England when it comes to league titles having won more than the likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester City.

The club never played outside the top flight for an unbroken 68 years, we were the last club able to claim we had only ever played top flight football.

The fanbase is there aswell which was proved under Peter Reid when the SoL was packed to the rafters every week with nearly 50,000 crammed in. Gates have fallen to around the 40,000 mark due to the tough financial times many families are experiencing in the North East but thats still hugely impressive given how long the club has been in the doldrums with only one major trophy since the war and numerous seasons spent outside the top flight.

History means little in the Premiership these days, having an owner willing to spend hundreds of millions a season is all that counts.

Sunderland would be a good move for Fletch, if he can do well there then a bigger move could present itself. His scoring record for teams that were relegation candidates makes me think in a decent side he could push on to around the 20 goal mark this season.

lobster
07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/07/sunderland-12m-steven-taylor-wolves

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
why would we still get something :confused:

lobster
07-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Petrie may have made an erse of the recent appointments but surely his forte is finance and that would include putting a percentage clause on sell-ons for Fletcher. Surely? Hopefully?

Craig_in_Prague
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM
you might get a sell on clause with his 1st transfer but not everyone thereafter!

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
although we have a sports contract expert on our books (cant remember her name) i would be totally amazed if we were entitled to a fee from his 3rd different club since he left us :cb

offshorehibby
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Why would Hibs get a percentage from somebody that Wolves owned.

Sean1875
08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
He's just posted on Twitter that he has handed in a transfer request. Won't be a Wolves player much longer.

derek0762
08-08-2012, 04:21 PM
SF has just tweeted that he has handed in a transfer request not a happy bunny oops didn't see the post above

easty
08-08-2012, 04:29 PM
you might get a sell on clause with his 1st transfer but not everyone thereafter!

You're probably right, but say Hibs had a sell on clause with Burnley for 10% of the profit Burnley made on a transfer, if Burnley then sold him on with a similar sell on clause, wouldnt we be due 10% of their 10%? Seeing as whatever they get would still be profit on the original transfer?

Sweet Left Peg
08-08-2012, 04:50 PM
You're probably right, but say Hibs had a sell on clause with Burnley for 10% of the profit Burnley made on a transfer, if Burnley then sold him on with a similar sell on clause, wouldnt we be due 10% of their 10%? Seeing as whatever they get would still be profit on the original transfer?

Exactly. It would not surprise me if Rodders had a finger in any profit Burnley made from a future sale, as part of the deal. Provided Burnley were not so short sighted as to agree to a straight cash sale to Wolves, then it is not outwith the realms of possibility that Hibs would get a cut. I have no idea whatsoever if this clause was put in, but if I was selling a player like Fletch, then it has got to be worth a shot...

LeighLoyal
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Exactly. It would not surprise me if Rodders had a finger in any profit Burnley made from a future sale, as part of the deal. Provided Burnley were not so short sighted as to agree to a straight cash sale to Wolves, then it is not outwith the realms of possibility that Hibs would get a cut. I have no idea whatsoever if this clause was put in, but if I was selling a player like Fletch, then it has got to be worth a shot...

I'm not sure if Hibs will pick something up due to us being his formative club, no need for clauses.

Levein will look an even bigger carrot than he already is if Fletcher signs a mega EPL deal and starts banging them in. Levein, GTF.

Spudster
08-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I always thought MON's teams played good football?
:shocked:

one day maybe...
14-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Wolves turn down another bid for him from an un-named club

Twiglet
14-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Wolves turn down another bid for him from an un-named club

I hope they don't keep rejecting offers and he ends up missing a move to a premiership club.

Sodje_18
14-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Newcastle have Ba and Cissé who both outscored the lanky Scot last season aswell as generally being better players.

Don't get me wrong I would be very happy with the signing of Fletcher but I wouldn't go above £12m.

We seem to have reigned in the spending compared to previous years and it looks as though the emphasis has now been placed on running the club at a profit given the only news that seems to come out of SAFC these days is the announcement of lucrative new sponsorship deals. Hardly surprising, even though we have a billionaire owner I don't think we can expect him to be forking out £30m every year to cover our losses.

I think Sunderland is about as high as Fletcher can aim, of the clubs currently in the bracket above us I think they all have better players. Fletcher would also suit the way we play... which is pretty **** tbf, I always thought MON's teams played good football?
When you have players like Cabeye, Tiote and Ben Arfa I cant imagine it'd be hard outscoring a Wolves player. Fletcher is a very good player and I think your comparison of him might be a bit unfair. Do I think he can do better than Sunderland? Yes, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good move for him. However I don't think Sunderland can reach as high as you suggested in another post... the EPL is just a money game now and I can't see how Sunderland can compete with the finances of other clubs in the top 6.

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Lots of Talk of Fletch going to Sunderland. Wolves looking for 15 Million. Will Hibs receive a % of sell on fee. Anyone know. :flag:

Haymaker
19-08-2012, 07:34 PM
No.

Edinburgh Green
19-08-2012, 07:40 PM
No, we sold him to Burnley, not Wolves.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-08-2012, 07:46 PM
If we did (which I doubt) it would be a %age of the sell on clause that Burnley had so would be nothing to get excited about.

£15m for Fletcher? Good player and done well since leaving us but 15m seems excessive (was Suarez not around 20m?, sure there are other better examples). I guess it's s sign of the times and that a player is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Northernhibee
19-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Pricey for a player our national manager isn't interested in. :rolleyes:

Speedy
19-08-2012, 07:59 PM
If we did (which I doubt) it would be a %age of the sell on clause that Burnley had so would be nothing to get excited about.

£15m for Fletcher? Good player and done well since leaving us but 15m seems excessive (was Suarez not around 20m?, sure there are other better examples). I guess it's s sign of the times and that a player is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Andy Carroll was £35m, it's all relative.

hibeemikey21
19-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Andy Carroll was £35m, it's all relative.

Same price as cazorla at £15m. I know who I'd rather have!

Iggy Pope
19-08-2012, 08:15 PM

That can only enhance his value

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Dont get me started about Harry Potter, the Man is a clown. Fletch is quite right not wanting to play under him, Anyway its imiterial Levine NEVER picks Hibees or EX Hibees.:aok:

TomoHFC
19-08-2012, 08:24 PM
i'm also a sunderland fan and to be honest i don't fletcher going to sunderland

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Dont get me started about Harry Potter, the Man is a clown. Fletch is quite right not wanting to play under him, Anyway its imiterial Levine NEVER picks Hibees or EX Hibees.:aok:

Caldwell and Miller to start off the list of ex-hibbies.

fat freddy
19-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Caldwell and Miller to start off the list of ex-hibbies.

whitaker and brown..

LeighLoyal
19-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Liverpool or Arsenal could do with Fletcher, good for 20 goals in a decent team. As for Levein, the clown should be hauled in over Fletcher and told to sort it out. As a France 98 veteran, I want Scotland to go to Brazil and Fletcher will be as key to us as Gallagher was to that team. Jordan Rhodes and these other kids are not going to do it.

Baader
19-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Jordan Rhodes is a goal machine! He will be a top goalscorer for Scotland and will be in the Prem soon enough - he's got his heid screwed on... Fletch should definitely be starting for his country though.

Levein is a Hibs hating idiot who should have been sacked after the embarrassment against the Czech Republic. I am not remotely interested in our national side until we ditch this 3rd divsion picking clown...

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2012, 09:31 PM
i noticed fletch wasn't even in the squad for wolves in their defeat at Leeds yesterday, is he injured ? or wolves not risking injury ?

Twiglet
19-08-2012, 09:32 PM
i noticed fletch wasn't even in the squad for wolves in their defeat at Leeds yesterday, is he injured ? or wolves not risking injury ?

Had an ankle injury according to the BBC.

Cocaine&Caviar
19-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Jordan Rhodes is a goal machine! He will be a top goalscorer for Scotland and will be in the Prem soon enough - he's got his heid screwed on... Fletch should definitely be starting for his country though.

English.

The likes of Russell & Griffiths before him, actual Scots.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2012, 09:41 PM

ta :aok:

Northernhibee
19-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Do we know if Jordan Rhodes would play for us in the WC qualifiers? Even if he's played for us in friendlies, he could still play for England. If he plays in the WC qualifiers, then he can't.

Hope so, if Potter GetsTF then a Fletcher/Rhodes strikeforce would be superb.

down-the-slope
19-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Amazing how many injuries happen to players in transfer windows who have been subject of speculation...and a silent auction is ongoing....:rolleyes:

woodythehibee
Do we know if Jordan Rhodes would play for us in the WC qualifiers? Even if he's played for us in friendlies, he could still play for England. If he plays in the WC qualifiers, then he can't.

Hope so, if Potter GetsTF then a Fletcher/Rhodes strikeforce would be superb.

100% playing for Scotland. He feels Scottish, supports Scotland and wants to play Scotland. He's a good lad! :agree:

Haymaker
Jordan Rhodes has stated many, many times that he considers himself Scottish, not English. He was born in Oldham and lived in Ipswich as a young lad but still considers himself Scottish. He was genuinely thrilled when he was called up for the first team. It isn't like he is some player who found out his granny had a taste of haggis and jumps in the team.

LeighLoyal
19-08-2012, 09:50 PM
English.

Johnny Russell and Fletcher would be good. As you say, Rhodes, 100% English, not even a Granny to call on.

Beefster
19-08-2012, 10:28 PM
English.

Johnny Russell and Fletcher would be good. As you say, Rhodes, 100% English, not even a Granny to call on.

He's Scottish, even if some nationality police say otherwise.

Northernhibee
19-08-2012, 10:56 PM
100% playing for Scotland. He feels Scottish, supports Scotland and wants to play Scotland. He's a good lad! :agree:

Good times. A player we need.

Lucius Apuleius
20-08-2012, 05:43 AM

By FIFA rules he is eligible to play for Scotland. Good enough for the Frances' and Spains' of this world, and England incidentally, then good enough for me.

JHFC
22-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Fee agreed.

Edinburgh Green
22-08-2012, 01:53 PM

You do realise Fletcher is English as well yeah?

Allant1981
22-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Was just about to post the same thing

Squealing pig
22-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Rhodes and fletch up front for the future happy days.

Squealing pig
22-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Sunderland and wolves agree fee. Pay day for rod?

BarneyK
22-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Sunderland and wolves agree fee. Pay day for rod?

Unless he's Fletch's agent, naw.

JimBHibees
22-08-2012, 02:30 PM
You do realise Fletcher is English as well yeah?

Born in England to an English dad and Scottish mother and then moved to Scotland at 10 or so. Seems to me he is a strong case to call himself Scottish.

essexhibee
22-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Fletch should thank Petrie for where he is now. IIRC he blocked a move to Celtic which Steven wasnt happy about but what a great decision for his career it was.

A perfect example of a player who worked hard and has become twice the player he was in his SPL days who is now going to be the biggest transfer fee for a Scottish player if I'm right. Can only hope young Scottish talent e.g Russell etc will look at Fletcher and aspire to be like him as opposed to bevy merchants.

Edinburgh Green
22-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Born in England to an English dad and Scottish mother and then moved to Scotland at 10 or so. Seems to me he is a strong case to call himself Scottish.

I class him as Scottish as well, was replying to the poster who wanted Russell and Fletcher as Rhodes is 'English'

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2012, 02:43 PM

He can call himself whatever he wants, but to me he's English. He was born in England and thats what he is in my opinion. FWIW i have no problem with him playing for us, or anyone else who qualifies through the rules.

essexhibee
22-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm born in England to two scottish parents and would never consider myself English. Always Scotland!! :agree:

Haymaker
22-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm born in England to two scottish parents and would never consider myself English. Always Scotland!! :agree:

Exactly. It's more than where you were born.

ScottB
22-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Exactly. It's more than where you were born.

Yup. Nationality is for the most part, an emotional thing.

If you were born in England, to 2 Scottish parents, then you have every bit as much right to claim to be Scottish as someone born in Scotland if that's what you want to do. Just as you could be born in Scotland to 2 Polish parents but decide to call yourself Scottish.

My only issue is those with no Scottish parents or grandparents, that have never even been here suddenly declaring themselves Scottish to get a call up. Fair enough if there's some emotional / family connection I guess, otherwise that's a bit much really.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2012, 03:46 PM
My issue is with English folk wearing kilts, I just don't get it! I have lived here for 20 years but would never ever consider wearing a kilt as I feel as an Englishman I shouldn't be wearing one.

FFS I recently attended a wedding in Manchester where there was no Scottish connections what so ever yet the English groom, best man and ushers all wore kilts WTF.

Anyway back to Fletcher and his nationality..............who cares!

jdships
22-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Me likewise also :aok::agree:

derek0762
22-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I believe the move to Sunderland for Fletch is going through now £14million well deserved move for him imo

down-the-slope
22-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I believe the move to Sunderland for Fletch is going through now £14million well deserved move for him imo

:hmmm: interesting MON is generally a good judge of players and team builder - he hs been peristent with this one

Squealing pig
22-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Unless he's Fletch's agent, naw.

He wasn't sol bambas agent and got payday so how u work that one out smart ar$e

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Did we get anything from Bamba's move to Turkey?

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Did we get anything from Bamba's move to Turkey?

Yes something like 80k IIRC

cad
22-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Does anybody know who his agent is ?

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Yes something like 80k IIRC

Was that a slice of Leicester's slice of the profit?

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Was that a slice of Leicester's slice of the profit?

Yes it was something like 10% of sell on value

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 06:36 PM
My issue is with English folk wearing kilts, I just don't get it! I have lived here for 20 years but would never ever consider wearing a kilt as I feel as an Englishman I shouldn't be wearing one.

Maybe you English just aren't as assured in your sexuality as we chosen people. :na na:

Onceinawhile
22-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes it was something like 10% of sell on value

Yes but we sold bamba direct to Leicester. We sold fletch to Burnley who then sold him to wolves. It's an extra degree of seperation hence we sgouldnt get anything for it.

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes but we sold bamba direct to Leicester. We sold fletch to Burnley who then sold him to wolves. It's an extra degree of seperation hence we sgouldnt get anything for it.

I knew that, I was just answering the question posed by CWG...It would be some negotiation skills to have a sell on clause for the 3rd move.....

BarneyK
22-08-2012, 06:51 PM

Ok I'll try. Let me see, we sold Sol to Leicester and got a sell-on fee when he moved on to Turkey. We sold Fletch to Burnley and we got a sell-on fee when he moved to Wolves. When he moves to Sunderland, Burnley will get the sell-on fee. Unless Rod has performed some financial jiggery-pokery we're due nowt. That do you?

Baldy Foghorn
22-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Ok I'll try. Let me see, we sold Sol to Leicester and got a sell-on fee when he moved on to Turkey. We sold Fletch to Burnley and we got a sell-on fee when he moved to Wolves. When he moves to Sunderland, Burnley will get the sell-on fee. Unless Rod has performed some financial jiggery-pokery we're due nowt. That do you?

In a nutshell............

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 07:13 PM

Well worked out, smart ar$e :greengrin

(actually, my head wasn't on right...I had it in my mind that Sol had moved on 3 times. I was mixed up, and was thinking of when he naffed off to the CAN for Ivory Coast. That felt like a transfer, since he effectively never kicked a ball for us after that :greengrin)

VickMackie
22-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Can we add that hibs won't get a sell on fee to this thread title!

Jack Hackett
22-08-2012, 07:27 PM
£3m move to Burnley...£6.5m move to Wolves...reported £14m move to Sunderland, for a grand total of £23.5m http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

.....and the yams scoffed when it was rumoured Real Madrid were keeping an eye on him :lolyam:

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Can we add that hibs won't get a sell on fee to this thread title!

However, Rod and I have a deal on the HunsInAdmin thread.

(you heard it here first, Agent Scotland)

Iggy Pope
22-08-2012, 07:58 PM
He can call himself whatever he wants, but to me he's English. He was born in England and thats what he is in my opinion. FWIW i have no problem with him playing for us, or anyone else who qualifies through the rules.

His Mother's Scottish. Unlucky to have geography create an accident of birth and I don't know if you've heard him speak but if I were a stranger to overhear him in conversation with you, I wouldn't have any doubt about which one was the Scot and which one was the exile! :cb

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 08:00 PM
His Mother's Scottish. Unlucky to have geography create an accident of birth and I don't know if you've heard him speak but if I were a stranger to overhear him in conversation with you, I wouldn't have any doubt about which one was the Scot and which one was the exile! :cb

Sadly, though, due to an accident of idiocy, Fletch has less chance of playing for Scotland these days than BH.

Iggy Pope
22-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Sadly, though, due to an accident of idiocy, Fletch has less chance of playing for Scotland these days than BH.

Ha! You might know your ins and outs on the Hun debacle, but you won't get the next Scotland job (or will you :hmmm:),,,I witnessed BlackpoolHibs trying to trap the match ball he nicked in Slovenia and it ended up in Vienna somewhere! Maybe it was the clogs those Lancashire folk insist on wearing.

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Ha! You might know your ins and outs on the Hun debacle, but you won't get the next Scotland job (or will you :hmmm:),,,I witnessed BlackpoolHibs trying to trap the match ball he nicked in Slovenia and it ended up in Vienna somewhere! Maybe it was the clogs those Lancashire folk insist on wearing.

:top marks

IWasThere2016
23-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Beeb saying the Wooliffs have accepted a £12m bid.

clerriehibs
23-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Was it the Sun that levein fell out with recently? If so, they're trying to curry favour with the fud again. According to roger hannah's article, Fletch told the SFA he no longer wanted to play under the current regime.

Utter bollocks and too wrong to be an accident.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Maybe you English just aren't as assured in your sexuality as we chosen people. :na na:

Oh don't worry, I know you lot are assured, how else would you explain the skirts! At least my Morris dancing outfit is shorts :na na:

Eyrie
23-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh don't worry, I know you lot are assured, how else would you explain the skirts! At least my Morris dancing outfit is shorts :na na:

All that fresh air aids development :wink:

Looking forward to watching Fletcher continuing to play well in the Premiership.

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19363561?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Levein needs to man up

Spike Mandela
23-08-2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19363561?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Levein needs to man up

Like his little bitter dig about him not being worth it. What a fud!. Really can't wait for him to be sacked.

ronaldo7
23-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Levein needs to man up

That will never happen. He's got it in for Steven for his comments about the Czech game.

Mon Dieu4
23-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Like his little bitter dig about him not being worth it. What a fud!. Really can't wait for him to be sacked.

Exactly, instead of talking up one of our players he comes out with more spiteful rubbish, erse of a man

Nuitdelune
23-08-2012, 08:53 PM

He should be sacked for those comments alone

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-08-2012, 08:59 PM
That will never happen. He's got it in for Steven for his comments about the Czech game.

every time this prick opens his mouth it makes me want to scream blue murder! see he has to have any excuse to have a dig at probably our best striker! the guy is a total f*nny. i actually rate Craig Latrine but his focus on certain things get right up my nose. also while im at it. his f*****ing interview trying to swerve the topic about why Ian Black was played before other players and also the Goodwillie situation.

and he has the cheeky to say that everyone is on his back about his decisions.

i want to hit something really hard!!!!!!!!!!

LeighLoyal
23-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Do Hibs get anything out of this move? I thought FIFA rules mean we get a kick back?

clerriehibs
23-08-2012, 09:32 PM
every time this prick opens his mouth it makes me want to scream blue murder! see he has to have any excuse to have a dig at probably our best striker! the guy is a total f*nny. i actually rate Craig Latrine but his focus on certain things get right up my nose. also while im at it. his f*****ing interview trying to swerve the topic about why Ian Black was played before other players and also the Goodwillie situation.

and he has the cheeky to say that everyone is on his back about his decisions.

i want to hit something really hard!!!!!!!!!!

on what evidence ... :confused:

NOLA
23-08-2012, 09:42 PM
so potter finally says that fletcher wont feature in any of his squads while he is the manager, also to have a sly dig about him not being worth the transfer fee :trumpet:

jgl07
23-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Do Hibs get anything out of this move? I thought FIFA rules mean we get a kick back?

What planet are you on?

Fletcher moved from Hibs to Burnley who sold him to Wolves.

He is 25.

How can Hibs expect anything from a subsequent move to Sunderland?

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2012, 11:13 PM
What planet are you on?

He is 25.

i don't understand why a few on here seem to think we will be entitled to a % of every transfer that fletch will make for the rest of his career :confused:

Wotherspiniesta
24-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Bitter yam fud.

I dont care what anyone says, the guy has a problem with players with a Hibs connection who haven't played/are playing for either side of the OF.

When he ignored Riordan, when he ignored O'Connor, the latest little dig at Griffiths where he said he could be as good as Johnny Russell, and this ongoing pathetic saga with Fletcher. Kevin ****ing Kyle got a call up to the Scotland squad while he was with Hearts and that **** needed a new hip!

Can't wait for the day he gets sacked and wish him nothing but misery for the rest of his managerial career.

silverhibee
24-08-2012, 12:35 AM

:agree:

Don Giovanni
24-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Bitter yam fud.

Can't wait for the day he gets sacked and wish him nothing but misery for the rest of his managerial career.

This :agree: . Exactly this.

Jambo Tramp GTF.

Hainan Hibs
24-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Avril is completely out of his depth at international level. Not only has he thrown out any pride in the jersey (playing Matt "It's a shame England never came calling" Gilks and James "I don't feel very Scottish" Morrison), he seems to have lost the plot and now doing things such as playing Black solely to show his power as boss to massage his ego.

The SFA really need to look at their policy on managers. Doing no too bad at Dundee UTD does not make you international management material.

With a half decent manager we could be looking forward to a trip to Rio. With this fud we will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in the group.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2012, 07:33 AM

:greengrin First time i have been called an exile.

I blame the drink, my first touch is normally good, form is temporary class is permanent. :wink:

jacomo
24-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Exactly, instead of talking up one of our players he comes out with more spiteful rubbish, erse of a man

Every time he returns to this subject, he reveals himself as a small-minded wee weasel of a man.

What doesn't he understand about the need for some tact and dignity from the Scotland manager? Pathetic.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Steven Fletcher's scoring record in the Premiership is superb (30 goals in 76 starts) - if he were English he would be in the England squad, and have moved for a **** load more than £12M.

Levein "lifted the phone" to try and entice players who had been banned from playing for Scotland for getting drunk a matter of hours before a game, before then embarrassing themselves on TV, into returning to play (was even knocked back by one, embarrassingly), - also Kris Boyd, who had refused to play for the previous manager, not exactly fitting into the picking players who 'would do anything they could to play for their country'. Levein has singled Steven Fletcher out, pure and simple, as he has not afforded him the same courtesies that he offered others.

Ok Fletcher maybe could have picked up the phone, but given the story of how and why he didn't want to be selected for Scotland was apparently portrayed as nothing like it actually was, I can understand why a 23 year old guy may feel somewhat aggrieved at how he had been treated - also, it's surely the manager's role to be the responsible one, and lead by example. To resolve any ambiguity over whether he wanted to be selected or not, Levein should have simply picked him, after all, it's his job as Scotland manager to pick the best Scottish players available to him - had Fletcher then got back and said that he did not wish to play for Scotland, it would have been sorted out once and for all.

Levein has clearly wanted to make an example of Fletcher and instill some humility - that in itself would be no bad thing had he treated other (less talented) players in the same way, but he clearly hasn't. He is an ******** and it is utterly ridiculous that he has questioned his worth. I can barely get excited about watching Scotland as it is, but this clown makes it nigh on impossible.

VickMackie
24-08-2012, 12:37 PM
What planet are you on?

He is 25.

There was a FIFA law introduced that transfer fees filter down to the lowest level of football. It's not a sell on fee he means.

I raised the same question but don't know of it applies to every club or just those at the lowest level. Or if it even exists any more.

robinp
24-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Fletcher has signed and is in the squad for Saturday against Reading. :cb

jacomo
24-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Ok Fletcher maybe could have picked up the phone, but given the story of how and why he didn't want to be selected for Scotland was apparently portrayed as nothing like it actually was, I can understand why a 23 year old guy may feel somewhat aggrieved at how he had been treated - also, it's surely the manager's role to be the responsible one, and lead by example. To resolve any ambiguity over whether he wanted to be selected or not, Levein should have simply picked him, after all, it's his job as Scotland manager to pick the best Scottish players available to him - had Fletcher then got back and said that he did not wish to play for Scotland, it would have been sorted out once and for all.

Fletcher never said he didn't want to play for Scotland. He did say that, given that his club was fighting for survival and he hadn't left the bench in previous Scotland games, he didn't want to be selected for a particular game.

Far, far away from the worst crime a Scottish player has committed... even if it angered Levein at the time (and perhaps it was the wrong thing to do) he should be man enough to sort it out. Instead, not only is he not picking him, he seems to want to belittle Fletcher in public at every opportunity. Pathetic.

As for the fee Sunderland are prepared to pay - it's silly, but that's the market. Fletcher is a Liverpool fan and I still maintain Pool should have signed him... he'd be at least as effective as Carroll as a target man, but far more technically accomplished.

Lost_Mackem
24-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Really happy with the signing, we look a lot more solid up front with the aquisitions of Saha and Fletch... now if we can just get Adam Johnson signed I will be a very happy Mackem. :greengrin

robinp
24-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Really happy with the signing, we look a lot more solid up front with the aquisitions of Saha and Fletch... now if we can just get Adam Johnson signed I will be a very happy Mackem. :greengrin

I agree, I thought hibs.net was bad, but the AJ/SF transfer saga on the sunderland forums has been on another level. I expect Sunderland to explode if AJ signs.:faf:

silverhibee
24-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Levein needs to man up

What a fud this mutant is. Potter, not you PH. :greengrin

This is the man that went begging to the crab to come back and play for his country, and crab turned him down making him look like a right clown, he then came away with this tom kite about the two fingered goalie,http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/25/craig-levein-allan-mcgregor-scotland and folk don't think he has an agenda with Hibs, just to back that uphttp://sport.stv.tv/football/272467-craig-levein-gary-oconnor-will-be-in-contention-when-off-field-problems-are-resolved/, he came away with more tom kite as you will notice that Goodwillie was in that squad and he had rape and assault charges to go to court for but left O'Connor out for the same reasons, which Levin said he knew nothing about these charges, but he was and had been made aware about Goodwillie outstanding cases but still continued to pick him, after that horrible game that the whole of the world slated him for the formation he picked, he took the hump with David Tanner when he questioned him after the Spain game about the tactics he had played against the Czech team, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951W3Ab3onM

How is he still the National manager of Scotland. :confused:

ancient hibee
24-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't know who looks after Fletcher's career but Riordan and O'Connor could have done with him to keep their careers on track.If someone is paying £14M for Fletcher then properly managed they would be fetching twice that.

Monts
24-08-2012, 02:33 PM

This is the man that went begging to the crab to come back and play for his country, and crab turned him down making him look like a right clown, he then came away with this tom kite about the two fingered goalie,http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/25/craig-levein-allan-mcgregor-scotland and folk don't think he has an agenda with Hibs, just to back that up he came away with more tom kite as you will notice that Goodwillie was in that squad and he had rape and assault charges to go to court for but left O'Connor out for the same reasons, which Levin said he knew nothing about these charges, but he was and had been made aware about Goodwillie outstanding cases but still continued to pick him, after that horrible game that the whole of the world slated him for the formation he picked, he took the hump with David Tanner when he questioned him after the Spain game about the tactics he had played against the Czech team, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951W3Ab3onM

Interesting direct quote from Craig Levein in that Guardian article.

"I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't pick the best players."

Judas Iscariot
24-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Well done Fletch :thumbsup:

Oh aye..

Craig Levein is a trampy, unwashed, Hertz **** :agree:

Future17
24-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Don't know who looks after Fletcher's career but Riordan and O'Connor could have done with him to keep their careers on track.If someone is paying £14M for Fletcher then properly managed they would be fetching twice that.

Fletcher at Hibs was a better football player than either of them.

GreenPJ
24-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Its too early to be on the strong stuff.

O'Connor was always limited from a technical perspective, his first touch was and always will be poor. When he was fit he would run the channels well and was strong and had a bit of an eye for goal but to think he is worth anywhere near Fletcher or his price tag is just crazy. At best O'Connor was a 3/4M player in the stupid inflated world of the premiership. As for Riordan, he has more technical ability than O'Connor and Fletch but he does not have the physical side to him or enough blistering pace to persuade any premiership team to pay anywhere near the fee for Fletcher even when he was at the top of his career. O'Connor did as well as he could have in terms of teams and transfers imo, Derek could have done more but didn't. Fletch can and will continue to develop and be a premiership mainstay for a good few years imo.

ronaldo7
24-08-2012, 02:50 PM

This is the man that went begging to the crab to come back and play for his country, and crab turned him down making him look like a right clown, he then came away with this tom kite about the two fingered goalie,http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/25/craig-levein-allan-mcgregor-scotland and folk don't think he has an agenda with Hibs, just to back that up he came away with more tom kite as you will notice that Goodwillie was in that squad and he had rape and assault charges to go to court for but left O'Connor out for the same reasons, which Levin said he knew nothing about these charges, but he was and had been made aware about Goodwillie outstanding cases but still continued to pick him, after that horrible game that the whole of the world slated him for the formation he picked, he took the hump with David Tanner when he questioned him after the Spain game about the tactics he had played against the Czech team, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951W3Ab3onM

Spot on Silver. The guy has just binned our chances of making the next world cup by his continued harrassment of Fletcher. I used to enjoy going along to the Scotland games but he has put paid to all of that. I will not be paying my hard earned to follow this balloon into battle.

Scotland I'm out.

jacomo
24-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Very little to do with Fletcher's agent (who screwed up badly trying to get him a move to Celtc) and more to do with his dedication and professionalism.

LeighLoyal
24-08-2012, 03:08 PM
There was a FIFA law introduced that transfer fees filter down to the lowest level of football. It's not a sell on fee he means.

I raised the same question but don't know of it applies to every club or just those at the lowest level. Or if it even exists any more.

Just checked FIFA website and it only applies up to age 23, is called 'training compensation'. So missed out by a couple of years. I think Hibs should get another kick back. Burnely and Wolves are trousering a fortune on our player. :greengrin

sbell1875
24-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I know there is another thread on the go but it has a lot of pages and it may been covered already but are we due any percentage of the Steven Fletcher deal to Sunderland?

I find it unlikely we would be as it is the 2nd move since he left us but hopefully PF may soon find himself with some funds!

Mon Dieu4
24-08-2012, 04:17 PM
We get 90% wolves get 10%

Hibbyradge
24-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I know there is another thread on the go but it has a lot of pages and it may been covered already but are we due any percentage of the Steven Fletcher deal to Sunderland?

I find it unlikely we would be as it is the 2nd move since he left us but hopefully PF may soon find himself with some funds!

No. Why would there be any money due to Hibs?

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2012, 04:21 PM

The Tache is good.

But he aint that good.

Macaroon
24-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Very very very unlikely. Unless Rod has pulled another trick out of that 'tache of his. :cb

sbell1875
24-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm sure I've done it in Football Manager I just wasn't sure if we had done anything similar!

Gmack7
24-08-2012, 04:33 PM
yes we get a laqge wedge as we did when kenny miller moved to the MLS

Craig_in_Prague
24-08-2012, 04:36 PM
cant wait until Sunderland sell him for near 20m in 2 years... we'll be minted with all these transfers :-)))

pentlando
24-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Might not be such a daft question. When we sold Fletcher to Burnley we agreed to receive a % of any money they made from future transfer on Steven Fletcher. Depending on wording and interpretation, you could say that Burnley's sell on clause is money received from the transfer of Steven Fletcher, so we could be entitled to a % of that?

I'm pretty sure Burnley would have ensured this not to be the case though.

Mikey
24-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Levein gets 50% for every Scotland game he misses.

Future17
24-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Might not be such a daft question. When we sold Fletcher to Burnley we agreed to receive a % of any money they made from future transfer on Steven Fletcher. Depending on wording and interpretation, you could say that Burnley's sell on clause is money received from the transfer of Steven Fletcher, so we could be entitled to a % of that?

I'm pretty sure Burnley would have ensured this not to be the case though.

Is Hibs were an English club we would be entitled to a cut of the fee.

Don't think Burnley will have inserted a sell-on clause as they got about £7.5m for him if memory serves.

Part/Time Supporter
24-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Is Hibs were an English club we would be entitled to a cut of the fee.

Don't think Burnley will have inserted a sell-on clause as they got about £7.5m for him if memory serves.

They did. Hibs will get 15% of their 15% cut.

Wolves make a minimum profit of £5M on this deal, so they will pass on £750K to Burnley. They will in turn pass on ~£107K to Hibs.

whiskyhibby
24-08-2012, 06:12 PM
BBC Scotland reported £13M fee

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2012, 06:39 PM
BBC Scotland reported £13M fee

This transfer just shows how ridiculous the inflated transfer values of players down south have become. Fletcher was always going to develop into a good player , but £13m ?

Saorsa
24-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Levein needs to man upWhat a ****in' prick he is, letting his own ego get in the road of what's best for Scotland by not picking the best striker available. Worst Scotland manager ever and totally out of his depth and a ****in' smelly h****s jakey, trampy ******* tae boot

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/potterbf4.gif

Emerald
24-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Well done Steven, you have now proved yourself at two EPL clubs and have a big transfer on your head. All this Scotland thing is a nonsense. Its up to the manager to contact players and pick them for his team, not the other way around. All players are different, some easy going and easy to deal with and others not. I'm not for one minute suggesting SF is difficult but its up to the manager and his people skills to make sure a storm in a tea cup like this is talked through and put to bed. We can't have strikers like Fletch not being considered for Scotland.

I do however agree that £13m is way OTT to pay for him but thats the market the EPL are in. Hearts fans talking about playing against a Liverpool team last night worth £30m! The inflated prices in England are way over the top, that Liverpool team would struggle to do well in the SPL. Compare it to the Liverpool team we beat 1 nil at Eater Road in 1975 in the UEFA Cup: :agree:

1 - 0
Hibs v Liverpool
Easter Road
17 September 1975, KO: 0:00 Attendance: 19,219

Liverpool
Clemence
Neal
Jones
Lawler
Cormack
Hughes
Keegan
Hall
Heighway
Kennedy
Callaghan

Substitutes
Toshack
McDonnell
Boersma
McDermott
Lindsay

VickMackie
24-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Wolves make a minimum profit of £5M on this deal, so they will pass on £750K to Burnley. They will in turn pass on ~£107K to Hibs.

Surely that would only apply of the wording was correct in that we'd get 15% of all transfer fees gained.

Would burnley not have stipulated it was for one transfer only and not including any additional sell on fees they receive?

pentlando
24-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Surely that would only apply of the wording was correct in that we'd get 15% of all transfer fees gained.

Would burnley not have stipulated it was for one transfer only and not including any additional sell on fees they receive?

Yeah that was my point earlier. To prevent Hibs receiving a cut of the money, the words would have to be next transfer only etc. If it only makes reference to transfer money received by Burnley re Fletcher, we're entitled to a cut of all money the receive in transfer fees, including this money. Will be a small cut of the fee, but if the figure is £100k as someone mentioned early, that's massive for us.

whiskyhibby
24-08-2012, 09:42 PM
This transfer just shows how ridiculous the inflated transfer values of players down south have become. Fletcher was always going to develop into a good player , but £13m ?

In the English market Martin ONiell reckons that's his value, he seems a pretty good manager, so who are we to argue?............

whiskyhibby
24-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Well done Steven, you have now proved yourself at two EPL clubs and have a big transfer on your head. All this Scotland thing is a nonsense. Its up to the manager to contact players and pick them for his team, not the other way around. All players are different, some easy going and easy to deal with and others not. I'm not for one minute suggesting SF is difficult but its up to the manager and his people skills to make sure a storm in a tea cup like this is talked through and put to bed. We can't have strikers like Fletch not being considered for Scotland.

I do however agree that £13m is way OTT to pay for him but thats the market the EPL are in. Hearts fans talking about playing against a Liverpool team last night worth £30m! The inflated prices in England are way over the top, that Liverpool team would struggle to do well in the SPL. Compare it to the Liverpool team we beat 1 nil at Eater Road in 1975 in the UEFA Cup: :agree:

1 - 0
Hibs v Liverpool
Easter Road
17 September 1975, KO: 0:00 Attendance: 19,219

Liverpool
Clemence
Neal
Jones
Lawler
Cormack
Hughes
Keegan
Hall
Heighway
Kennedy
Callaghan

Substitutes
Toshack
McDonnell
Boersma
McDermott
Lindsay

Good points and rather telling of how far the SPL and Scottish football in particular has fallen, co-incident that it during the period when the Old Firm have dominated all competition? ......""......I think not!

c31
25-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Fletcher wont score today - the games off I believe...

SteveHFC
25-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Fletcher wont score today - the games off I believe...

yes waterlogged pitch game off

TheMentalHibees
25-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Levein would obviously much rather have Craig Mackail-Smith than Steven Fletcher in the squad, his prerogative I suppose.

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2012, 02:04 PM

alan preston on bbc just confirmed we get nowt

ronaldo7
25-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to add that seeing Martin O'Niell, and the National Manager of Wales saying they both rate Fletch just grates with that jakey runt still picking up a wage at the SFA.

Broken Gnome
27-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Lancashire Telegraph says Burnley will get £600k from Fletch's move. That's £600k AFTER "the payment to Hibs".

They get 15% of a £7.5m profit. We, somehow, seem to be quids in.

Stevie Reid
27-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Lancashire Telegraph says Burnley will get £600k from Fletch's move. That's £600k AFTER "the payment to Hibs".

They get 15% of a £7.5m profit. We, somehow, seem to be quids in.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9894870.Howe_not_expecting_transfer_cash/

The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009.

But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs, is unlikely to be made available to Howe, who was again without Martin Paterson for Saturday’s defeat at Huddersfield Town after a scan revealed the striker had suffered a minor hamstring tear.

LeighLoyal
27-08-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9894870.Howe_not_expecting_transfer_cash/

The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009.

But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs, is unlikely to be made available to Howe, who was again without Martin Paterson for Saturday’s defeat at Huddersfield Town after a scan revealed the striker had suffered a minor hamstring tear.

:partyhibb

Sprouleflyer
27-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Sometimes you have to doff your cap to Mr Petrie!!!

Billy Whizz
27-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Does that mean we are likely to get £525,000???????

Broken Gnome
27-08-2012, 10:10 AM

That was my calculation as well, but surely it can't be as much as that...?

27-08-2012, 10:34 AM
The lad has done so well for himself. He was part of the "golden generation" at hibs and one of the only ones in that generation that didnt leg it down the M8 to the old firm when they got half a chance! He stayed on at hibs a bit longer, developed himself as a player and eventually got his chance to play down in the big English leagues and is now doing better than any of the lot who went running to celtic or rangers!

Good for you Steven, genuinely wish you all the very best!

Fisherrow Harp
27-08-2012, 10:38 AM
:top marks:aok:
The lad has done so well for himself. He was part of the "golden generation" at hibs and one of the only ones in that generation that didnt leg it down the M8 to the old firm when they got half a chance! He stayed on at hibs a bit longer, developed himself as a player and eventually got his chance to play down in the big English leagues and is now doing better than any of the lot who went running to celtic or rangers!

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Can't help but be impressed with Petrie's ability to squeeze the complete and utter **** out of each and every deal.:greengrin

WellingtonHibby
27-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Petite. Like. A. Boss

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Petrie must have some ****ing mental secrets on every other chairman in football or something :thumbsup:

Feel like scribbling £525,000 on my ersecheeks and mooning Tynie for a week solid :flag:

EDIT: Has the financial armageddon happened yet?

lyonhibs
27-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Only Rod Petrie could negociate a transfer deal that involves Hibs getting a cut of the deal after the deal after the deal that took him away from the club.

Magnificent effort.

JohnStephens91
27-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Petrie is magic, what a man negotiating a deal like that

justlikebrazil
27-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Just hope Fletch hammers the goals in for Sunderland and it puts that prick potter under pressure if Scotland toiling :agree:

Walter
27-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Surely it cannot be true that we would get £525,000! But if it is Petre should be mentioned in the New Years Honours and next on the list for Chancellor of the Exchequor (I have no idea how to spell that)

Gmack7
27-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Just hope Fletch hammers the goals in for Sunderland and it puts that prick potter under pressure if Scotland toiling :agree:

and when he gets a move to real madrid we wil be minted

Bobo
27-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Nah don't think it's anywhere near that figure.

If Hibs are to get 15% of Burnleys' 15% profit figure, which is the £525K, then Hibs are due a little under £79K by my reckoning. :confused:

Walter
27-08-2012, 08:03 PM

If Hibs are to get 15% of Burnleys' 15% profit figure, which is the £525K, then Hibs are due a little under £79K by my reckoning. :confused:

Sounds more likely! but still not bad eh!

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 05:45 AM

Where does it say Hibs get 15% of Burnleys 15%?

But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

That looks like 15% of £7.5M = £1.125M. Upwards of £600,000 could mean anything, but must be close to that figure. Therefore Hibs should get £525K. I think Rod must have put in a 50 / 50 or 60 / 40 split, or something in between, of any profit Burnley made of future transfer profit from Fletch, according to that report. If the split is 60 / 40, Hibs should get £450K and Burnley would get £675K. It does seem high for us, but if correct, well done the 'tache. :thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
28-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Fletcher's the gift that keeps on giving!

Wonder what we'll get from his £20m + move next time round?!

In Rod we trust.

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 05:59 AM

No, because it's 15% of profit.

Wolves have made a £5M profit on selling Fletcher (min receipt £12M, cost £7M). They are then due to pay 15% of that profit to Burnley (£750,000). Hibs are then due to get 15% of that cut (just over £100K). So after deducting the cut to Hibs, Burnley will pocket about £640,000.

There is also £2M of contingent fees due from Sunderland to Wolves, hence the £14M price mentioned in some papers. If those came in, Hibs would get another £45K (15% of 15% of £2M).

It appears that Allan Preston was talking pish, as per usual.

:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Fletcher's the gift that keeps on giving!

Wonder what we'll get from his £20m + move next time round?!

In Rod we trust.

Nothing, unless Wolves have put in a sell on clause as well. I would have thought that would be unlikely because his value won't get any higher IMO. Even if they did and Sunderland somehow made a profit on selling him, any cut would be greatly diluted by passing through another club first.

Bobo
28-08-2012, 06:07 AM

From the previous post made by Part/Time Supporter:

If this information is correct then Hibs will receive a little more than £79K that I thought but considerably less than £525K.

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 06:13 AM

But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

That looks like 15% of £7.5M = £1.125M. Upwards of £600,000 could mean anything, but must be close to that figure. Therefore Hibs should get £525K. I think Rod must have put in a 50 / 50 or 60 / 40 split, or something in between, of any profit Burnley made of future transfer profit from Fletch, according to that report. If the split is 60 / 40, Hibs should get £450K and Burnley would get £675K. It does seem high for us, but if correct, well done the 'tache. :thumbsup:

Hibs got 15% of Burnley's profit when they sold Fletcher in 2010. £7M sale (Burnley to Wolves) - £3M cost (Burnley from Hibs) = £4M profit to Burnley. 15% of that profit was paid to Hibs = £600K (or "more than £500K" as the Evening News put it). (Evening News report (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/steven-fletcher-transfer-to-wolves-nets-hibs-163-500k-1-1243731))

This cut that Burnley are now getting from their sell on clause is pure profit on the deal, so Hibs are entitled to 15% of that as well.

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 06:14 AM
From the previous post made by Part/Time Supporter:

If this information is correct then Hibs will receive a little more than £79K that I thought but considerably less than £525K.

I didn't see previous post made by P/TS, but based my calculations on the newspaper report. P/TS obviously has more / different information than the newspaper report. :wink:

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Hibs got 15% of Burnley's profit when they sold Fletcher in 2010. £7M sale (Burnley to Wolves) - £3M cost (Burnley from Hibs) = £4M profit to Burnley. 15% of that profit was paid to Hibs = £600K (or "more than £500K" as the Evening News put it). (Evening News report (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/steven-fletcher-transfer-to-wolves-nets-hibs-163-500k-1-1243731))

This cut that Burnley are now getting from their sell on clause is pure profit on the deal, so Hibs are entitled to 15% of that as well.

If your info is correct and I'm not doubting you, then I stand corrected. The newspaper report is obviously not reporting the facts in full. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 06:21 AM
I didn't see previous post made by P/TS, but based my calculations on the newspaper report. P/TS obviously has more / different information than the newspaper report. :wink:

I don't. I'm just interpreting it correctly.

These sell on clauses are all based on profit nowadays. This is because if it was 15% of the total price (which your numbers are based on), there would be a risk that a club could make a loss on a player after deducting a cut to his previous club. This would make deals a lot more difficult to do, because the club would have to explain to their fans why they are selling a player and making a loss on him. Wolves are passing on a fair chunk of money to Burnley (minimum £750K, maximum £1.05M), but they will still make a healthy profit on this deal.

What the Lancashire newspaper is saying is that Burnley will receive £750K from Wolves (15% of £5M profit made by Wolves), but they have to pass on £107K (15%) of that to Hibs. That's how they work out that Burnley are entitled to "upwards of £600K" from Wolves selling Fletcher.

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't. I'm just interpreting it correctly.

I disagree.

These sell on clauses are all based on profit nowadays. This is because if it was 15% of the total price (which your numbers are based on), there would be a risk that a club

Not based on my numbers, that is the numbers in the report.

could make a loss on a player after deducting a cut to his previous club. This would make deals a lot more difficult to do, because the club would have to explain to their fans why they are selling a player and making a loss on him. Wolves are passing on a fair chunk of money to Burnley (minimum £750K, maximum £1.05M), but they will still make a healthy profit on this deal.

Correct

What the Lancashire newspaper is saying is that Burnley will receive £750K from Wolves (15% of £5M profit made by Wolves), but they have to pass on £107K (15%) of that to Hibs. That's how they work out that Burnley are entitled to "upwards of £600K" from Wolves selling Fletcher.

Wrong.

The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009. But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

If you take those figures literally, Burnley get upwards of £600K from £1.125M, therefore Hibs get downwards of £525K from the same figure.

BURNLEY manager Eddie Howe is not expected to get extra funds to strengthen his squad before Friday’s transfer deadline, despite the Clarets due to receive a portion of the estimated £14m sell-on fee for Steven Fletcher. Howe would have hoped for a timely budget boost after former Burnley striker Fletcher completed his move from Wolves to Sunderland last Friday. The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009. But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

You either have inside knowledge on the deal or the newspaper is wrong with it's figures.

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Wrong.

The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009. But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

If you take those figures literally, Burnley get upwards of £600K from £1.125M, therefore Hibs get downwards of £525K from the same figure.

BURNLEY manager Eddie Howe is not expected to get extra funds to strengthen his squad before Friday’s transfer deadline, despite the Clarets due to receive a portion of the estimated £14m sell-on fee for Steven Fletcher. Howe would have hoped for a timely budget boost after former Burnley striker Fletcher completed his move from Wolves to Sunderland last Friday. The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m, although first club Hibernian are also due their share after factoring in additional sell-on clauses at the time of his Turf Moor move in 2009. But that windfall, which is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs,

You either have inside knowledge on the deal or the newspaper is wrong with it's figures.

I don't and it's not wrong.

The Lancashire paper's figures are a bit vague because of the add-ons in the Wolves - Sunderland deal. Wolves are guaranteed £12M, but the add-ons could take it to £14M. Burnley will make a minimum of £750K gross from the deal (15% of £12M less £7M), but if the add-ons all come in, then they would make another £300K, giving a total of £1,050K.

The key phrase there is "the windfall is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs". This means that the minimum amount Burnley will make after passing on the cut to Hibs is above £600K, which is correct. Wolves pass on £750K to Burnley, who pass on £107K to Hibs, leaving them with £643K ("upwards of £600,000). If the add-ons from Sunderland are paid to Wolves, Burnley would get 15% of those, and would then pass on 15% of that to Hibs.

In summary:

If Sunderland pay full price (£14M):

*Wolves make a profit of £7M
*Burnley take 15% of that, £1,050K (~£900K after deducting cut to Hibs)
*Hibs take 15% of Burnley's cut, £152K

If Sunderland only pay the minimum price (£12M):

*Wolves make a profit of £5M
*Burnley take 15% of that, £750K (~£640K after deducting cut to Hibs)
*Hibs take 15% of Burnley's cut, £107K

The report mentions that there is an "anticipated profit" to Wolves of £7.5M. This is based on Sunderland paying the total price and some reports had the Burnley to Wolves fee as being £6.5M rather than £7M. It wasn't publically confirmed what the correct figure was.

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't and it's not wrong.

The Lancashire paper's figures are a bit vague because of the add-ons in the Wolves - Sunderland deal. Wolves are guaranteed £12M, but the add-ons could take it to £14M. Burnley will make a minimum of £750K gross from the deal (15% of £12M less £7M), but if the add-ons all come in, then they would make another £300K, giving a total of £1,050K.

The key phrase there is "the windfall is believed to be upwards of £600,000 following the payment to Hibs". This means that the minimum amount Burnley will make after passing on the cut to Hibs is above £600K, which is correct. Wolves pass on £750K to Burnley, who pass on £107K to Hibs, leaving them with £643K ("upwards of £600,000). If the add-ons from Sunderland are paid to Wolves, Burnley would get 15% of those, and would then pass on 15% of that to Hibs.

In summary:

If Sunderland pay full price (£14M):

*Wolves make a profit of £7M
*Burnley take 15% of that, £1,050K (~£900K after deducting cut to Hibs)
*Hibs take 15% of Burnley's cut, £152K

If Sunderland only pay the minimum price (£12M):

*Wolves make a profit of £5M
*Burnley take 15% of that, £750K (~£640K after deducting cut to Hibs)
*Hibs take 15% of Burnley's cut, £107K

The report mentions that there is an "anticipated profit" to Wolves of £7.5M. This is based on Sunderland paying the total price and some reports had the Burnley to Wolves fee as being £6.5M rather than £7M. It wasn't publically confirmed what the correct figure was.

If Burnley get 15% of an anticipated profit of £7.5M, they receive up to £1.125M before Tax. If Burnley's share is upward of £600K after Hibs share, it's safe to assume Hibs share is downwards of £525K before tax. That's a fair assumption to be made from the newspaper report, shirley?

Part/Time Supporter
28-08-2012, 07:29 AM
If Burnley get 15% of an anticipated profit of £7.5M, they receive up to £1.050M before Tax. If Burnley's share is upward of £600K after Hibs share, it's safe to assume Hibs share is downwards of £450K before tax. That's a fair assumption to be made from the newspaper report, shirley?

Correction £1050K agreed.

No. The variation between the two figures ("15% of £7.5M" and "upwards of £600K") is to do with the Sunderland - Wolves add-ons. The first figure assumes that Sunderland pay all of the add-ons and doesn't account for the cut to Hibs (gross maximum), the second figure assumes no add-ons are paid and factors in the Hibs payment (net minimum).

Hibs07p
28-08-2012, 07:43 AM
No. The variation between the two figures ("15% of £7.5M" and "upwards of £600K") is to do with the Sunderland - Wolves add-ons. The first figure assumes that Sunderland pay all of the add-ons and doesn't account for the cut to Hibs (gross maximum), the second figure assumes no add-ons are paid and factors in the Hibs payment (net minimum).

The paper clearly states The Clarets are entitled to 15 per cent of an anticipated profit of £7.5m. No mention of any other payments to anyone else bar Hibs.

jacomo
28-08-2012, 12:12 PM

True... but he wanted to:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/01/steven-fletcher-hibernian-celtic-scotland

Fletcher had to be saved from himself on that occasion. I am sure he's a better (and wealthier) footballer for it.

Squealing pig
28-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Glad to see were getting something. Back to hibs after Sunderland and start again. £££

DH1875
28-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Doesn't matter if it's 100k or 500k. For Rod to pull this off is a master stroke :not worth.

Onceinawhile
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
would have cost me 4 points to put him in my fantasy football team so i put it off until the next game:grr::grr::grr:

The_Sauz
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
2 goals so far today for SF.....not Scotland class though :rolleyes:

Scott Allan Key
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
2 goals so far today for SF.....not Scotland class though :rolleyes:

Every goal shows his class. GIRUY Levein you idiot.

clerriehibs
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Every goal shows his class. GIRUY Levein you idiot.

Every fletch goal is another 2 fingers to that trumpet levein and it's ****** brilliant!!!