PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lynsday Gone?

Weir7
28-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Word is that Scott is away moving to another STF company? Anybody heard?

Col2
28-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Good. If someone could tell me what his success are then if it's more than two I will be surprised.

Winston Ingram
28-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Stf?

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Word is that Scott is away moving to another STF company? Anybody heard?I wish the rest would follow him. :agree: can you say that on here?

Col2
28-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Sir Tom farmer

tooley
28-06-2012, 10:47 PM

Thought he left at the end of the season???

oldbutdim
28-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Thought he left at the end of the season???

Fife left.
:agree:

down-the-slope
28-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Thought he left at the end of the season???Nope... its Fife Hyland who has moved onScott was make CEO

hibbybrian
29-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Received an e-mail from him this afternoon so he's definately still at post today

Brooster
29-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Scott Lyndsay leaving is one of the best things that could happen to Hibs at the moment. He is completely out of his depth. The trail of destruction he has left at Hibs and other companies over the years is proof of that.

jodjam
29-06-2012, 06:52 AM
He'll probably come back and haunt us by scoring the goal that relegates us ....... :wink:

Big Frank
29-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Scott Lyndsay leaving is one of the best things that could happen to Hibs at the moment. He is completely out of his depth. The trail of destruction he has left at Hibs and other companies over the years is proof of that.

Thats interesting... can you substantiate this? (no' bothered really about other coys - would like more on the "trail of distruction he has left at Hibs".....

Speedway
29-06-2012, 11:07 AM
He's confirmed on the fishy as being one of a three man exec team so doubt he's off anywhere. I think the OP's info may be referring to Fife.

Weir7
29-06-2012, 12:04 PM
He's confirmed on the fishy as being one of a three man exec team so doubt he's off anywhere. I think the OP's info may be referring to Fife.

Source still believes Scott will be away. There will be big changes. Which could see Rod as president of SFA.

ALF TUPPER
29-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Got an excellent email from him on Wednesday morning - sent at 00:35. He's certainly putting the hours in.

I like the guy. :aok:

--------
29-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Got an excellent email from him on Wednesday morning - sent at 00:35. He's certainly putting the hours in.

I like the guy. :aok:

He possibly works all night to sort out the mess he's caused during the day? :devil:

And just being able to compose an excellent email does not qualify one as a fit director/chairman/CEO of a football club.

SneakersO'Toole
29-06-2012, 01:20 PM

I agree Brooster, we can but hope there is truth in this.

I am convinced that he is not the leader this club requires to move us forward. He has presided over failure after failure and I just don't buy that he will turn it around. My confidence in the board at the last AGM was threadbare and 10 months on it has dwindled further.

I can't fault the obvious hours he is putting into the job. However, you can work all the hours you want but unless you have the talent and capability then it counts for nothing.

marinello59
29-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Why don't you expand on that one then and give examples of the trail of destruction he has left at Hibs and other companies. If you can't substantiate it maybe you should withdraw it. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if the whole board waved goodbye after the whole Calderwood saga that saw yet another season wiped out. Throwing in remarks like that seems more than unfair though.

Peevemor
29-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Maybe a "newco"? :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Bostonhibby
30-06-2012, 07:37 AM
He'll probably come back and haunt us by scoring the goal that relegates us ....... :wink:

:greengrin Or signing for the Yams who will instantly treble his salary.

Brooster
30-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont think I need to elaborate too much on the sub standard job he is doing at Hibs, our current plight is all the evidence you need. And lets just say he left a decent sized East Lothian company in tatters before he arrived at Hibs. The latest example of his incompetence was at a recent Q&A with fans - when asked about the complete lack of professionalism within the squad and club in general he said it was entirely up to the manager to instill values/professionalism etc. When everyone in the room disagreed and suggested these values should come from the very top (as well as the manager of course) he stood by his word......basically washing his hands of any responsibility. As Ive said before he is out of his depth and out of touch. He should/needs to move on if things are to improve behind the scenes.

truehibernian
30-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I dont think I need to elaborate too much on the sub standard job he is doing at Hibs, our current plight is all the evidence you need. And lets just say he left a decent sized East Lothian company in tatters before he arrived at Hibs. The latest example of his incompetence was at a recent Q&A with fans - when asked about the complete lack of professionalism within the squad and club in general he said it was entirely up to the manager to instill values/professionalism etc. When everyone in the room disagreed and suggested these values should come from the very top (as well as the manager of course) he stood by his word......basically washing his hands of any responsibility. As Ive said before he is out of his depth and out of touch. He should/needs to move on if things are to improve behind the scenes.

Totally agree Brooster and I've been a critic of both Fyfe and Scott because I really think they lack(ed) overall knowledge of the game, on and off the field.

His handling of the Palsson affair was quite frankly laughable. I know the owners of the place and the first media account was the correct one. Scott airbrushed it, sanitised it, and went public.

Discipline didn't exist at ER. It was (is) plain to see.

Tom Hart RIP
30-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Agree 100%.
for the last 4 years we have been spending far too much on directors.
Hyland was the worst but IMO Lindsay is not far behind.
He reminds me if a wee laddie in awe of the players when he should be laying down the law.

sahib
30-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Agree 100%.
for the last 4 years we have been spending far too much on directors.
Hyland was the worst but IMO Lindsay is not far behind.
He reminds me if a wee laddie in awe of the players when he should be laying down the law.

He is running a football club not some correctional institution for wayward boys.

H18BYM
30-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Care to explain the comment about Scott leaving an East Lothian company in tatters? To blame Scott for its demise is nothing other than ill informed dross.

Brooster
01-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Care to explain the comment about Scott leaving an East Lothian company in tatters? To blame Scott for its demise is nothing other than ill informed dross.

Forgive me if didn't hold a senior position at said company and left when they were in tatters. Anyhow I would much rather focus on the shortcomings dispayed in his current role. You obviously know him very well :wink: so maybe you would care to explain a bit about about his complete lack of accountability on the schocking lack of discipline/professionalism among a number of players in the last few seasons.

Beefster
01-07-2012, 07:14 AM
If Son of Rodders worked for a 'normal' company with shareholders that he didn't know, he'd have moved on ages ago. Real executives don't survive repeated failures of the business function they're in charge of.

SneakersO'Toole
01-07-2012, 07:44 AM

Spot on. At the last AGM it was me who posed the question of the broken culture at Hibs and how gauling it was for fans to read these stories in the press as well as the ludicrous time off they received after the home defeat to Dunfermlone. His response - passing of the buck to the manager who by then had departed.

His answers for everything are cop outs IMO, the latest Hibs statement being a prime example. The lack of accountability at the top is frightening - its always some elses fault or someone elses actions that must change. No acceptable.

1875 NO 1
01-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Spot on. At the last AGM it was me who posed the question of the broken culture at Hibs and how gauling it was for fans to read these stories in the press as well as the ludicrous time off they received after the home defeat to Dunfermlone. His response - passing of the buck to the manager who by then had departed.

His answers for everything are cop outs IMO, the latest Hibs statement being a prime example. The lack of accountability at the top is frightening - its always some elses fault or someone elses actions that must change. No acceptable.

Mr Teflon. Nothing is his fault. His handing of David Woodison's role is pathetic. His response at AGM was parnoid. And at latest Q&A session stating he doesn't scout players. So Mr Lyndsay why does he go and watch games down south and look at players?

Golden Bear
01-07-2012, 08:55 AM
So I presume this is all speculation at the moment?

Perspective
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Mr Teflon. Nothing is his fault. His handing of David Woodison's role is pathetic. His response at AGM was parnoid. And at latest Q&A session stating he doesn't scout players. So Mr Lyndsay why does he go and watch games down south and look at players?

:top marks

H18BYM
01-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Forgive me if didn't hold a senior position at said company and left when they were in tatters. Anyhow I would much rather focus on the shortcomings dispayed in his current role. You obviously know him very well :wink: so maybe you would care to explain a bit about about his complete lack of accountability on the schocking lack of discipline/professionalism among a number of players in the last few seasons.

I've no desire to debate Scott's role in the shambles that has been Hibs in recent years, just pointing out that your comment re his role in the demise of the company mentioned wasn't factually true. It was left in tatters but by no means was that Scott's fault. I know because I was there before and after Scott took the reigns and would state that most people who had dealings with him during this time would hold him in very high regard.

Can't argue too much that his time at Hibs has been anything other than a disaster....

Brooster
01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I've no desire to debate Scott's role in the shambles that has been Hibs in recent years, just pointing out that your comment re his role in the demise of the company mentioned wasn't factually true. It was left in tatters but by no means was that Scott's fault. I know because I was there before and after Scott took the reigns and would state that most people who had dealings with him during this time would hold him in very high regard.

Can't argue too much that his time at Hibs has been anything other than a disaster....

Fair play mate but the views of many people I know who worked their during his time varies vastly from your view. Regardless I still think the Hibs machine would run smoother and more efficiently if he wasn't around.

H18BYM
01-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Fair play mate but the views of many people I know who worked their during his time varies vastly from your view. Regardless I still think the Hibs machine would run smoother and more efficiently if he wasn't around.

Your last sentence could probably be applied to almost all of the current board...