PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Boco

joe breezy
28-06-2012, 05:04 PM
One of my friends has been working with Jimmy Boco recently so she pus us in touch - his first message

"Always be there for HIBEES cause HIBEE I AM and for ever I'll BE"

Seems a top bloke :thumbsup::flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2012, 05:46 PM
One of my friends has been working with Jimmy Boco recently so she pus us in touch - his first message

He's missed out on the ST payment plan? so dosh up front it is :)

LEaston87
28-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Iv got him on Facebook, I always tag him in places with me for a laugh, people will think he was in Magaluf 2 weeks ago

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Whats he upto now?

If ever a player was suited to hibs it was Jimmy Boco

erin go bragh
28-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Remember walking around meadowbank stadium ,trying to find how to get in as hibs were playing hearts in the east of scotland shield final [had finnished work early as had my hearts work mate ] half way round the stadium we bumped into Jimmy Boco who spotted my hibs scarf and said come with me my hi bees friends , got us in for brussel sprout ,top man :agree: sure we beat them 2/1 .

ggtth

SkintHibby
28-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Now and again Hibs fans tag onto rubbish players who turn into cult heros for whatever reason.

Jimmy Boco is that man.:agree:

SteveHFC
28-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Jimmy Boco - Legend

stoneyburn hibs
28-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Jimmy Boco - Legend

Steady son i think you have had too much sugar tonight.

SteveHFC
28-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Steady son i think you have had too much sugar tonight.

He was my favourite player when i first started watching Hibs :wink:

SkintHibby
28-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Jimmy Boco - Legend

You are 19 ffs. The guy was pish and example of the rubbish we find acceptable at ER!

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:24 PM
You are 19 ffs. The guy was pish and example of the rubbish we find acceptable at ER!

One man's legend is another man's dumpling.

If Mainboy wants to think of JB as a legend then he has every right to do so :wink:

SteveHFC
28-06-2012, 10:24 PM

If Mainboy wants to think of JB as a legend then he has every right to do so :wink:

:wink:

SkintHibby
28-06-2012, 10:27 PM

My first game was a Joe McBride double at Swiney in 84? so he will forever be a legend to me (even if he was pish too lol).

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:30 PM
My first game was a Joe McBride double at Swiney in 84? so he will forever be a legend to me (even if he was pish too lol).

Indeed.

Jeezo, some folk even rated Paul Tosh :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
28-06-2012, 10:37 PM
He was a cult figure at Hibs but when i think of Jimmy all i can think of is that 4-3 defeat against Rangers at Easter Road , we should never have lost that game.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Ffs he was ****
End of
Jesus cult figure

Behave yersel. Nobody's saying we should be signing him up

Magnifique
28-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Ffs he was ****
End of
Jesus cult figure

Don't be dissing the Boco fellie, if half our recent superstars had half his heart we'd be in a much better place

Now where's ma Boco wig?

stoneyburn hibs
28-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Ffs he was ****
End of
Jesus cult figure

Pinhead , nuff said.

KeithTheHibby
28-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Not the best player in the world by any means but he loves the Hibs.
Came over for Ian Murrays testimonial despite now even knowing the guy and was responsible for Pires and Vierra playing.
Was also life and soul of the party up the town after.

Top bloke is JB.

tooley
28-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Indeed.

My Hibs hero growing up was Gordon Rae, loved the guy, my all time hero is Franck, one gave 100% every time he played, one gave 100% every time he played, but was a European cup winner, is there a difference? Your hero is who makes the impression on you surely???

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:05 PM
My Hibs hero growing up was Gordon Rae, loved the guy, my all time hero is Franck, one gave 100% every time he played, one gave 100% every time he played, but was a European cup winner, is there a difference? Your hero is who makes the impression on you surely???

GGTTH

Agreed

El Gubbz
29-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Same with me mate. No idea but he must have done something right at the Hibs Kids things for us to like him (not the Craig Thomson(Player) kind of right)

hibbybrian
29-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Despite getting dissed from many on here as a player, it's a pity more of the Cup Final team didn't have that attitude so maybe not a legend as a player but your ok by me Jimmy :cb

joe breezy
29-06-2012, 05:45 AM
My pal works in sports marketing & community football projects so he must be still involved in the game, meeting my pal next week so will find out next week properly

At times like these whether as a player someone was a top performer it's good to have characters

Just saying the guy seems a top bloke

This was the last message he sent

"I have very good memories of my time at Easter road. I miss Scotland so much. ANd it's always a pleasure to come back to Edinburgh.

Take care

Jimmy ( a Hibee for the rest of my life....)"

HibbyAndy
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Akin member him gettin knocked clean out at Ibrox in the air when he jumped to heider a baw..Was flat oot by the time he reached the groond.

He really was pish lol, But very likeable.

Hibercelona
01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Boko is always the one I remember most from my childhood. :agree:

500miles
01-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Boko is always the one I remember most from my childhood. :agree:

I think, to be fair to Jimmy, his career was at it's end when he came to Hibs. He served RC Lens in the top Tier of French football for many years, and came with a decent pedigree. Just don't think he had the legs to be the flying fullback anymore. That said, he managed to produce some of the best runs in Ian Murray's testimonial, in the 15ish minutes he managed!

DH1875
01-07-2012, 11:51 PM

You should have seen super Joe play :thumbsup:.

SteveHFC
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
You should have seen super Joe play :thumbsup:.

Unfortunately i didn't get to see him play . I heard he was a quality player? :greengrin

Patatango
02-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Behave yersel. Nobody's saying we should be signing him up

Its no the fact that people are saying we should sign him, more the fact that people seem to be remembering him with fond memories...HE WIS PISH

joe breezy
02-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Its no the fact that people are saying we should sign him, more the fact that people seem to be remembering him with fond memories...HE WIS PISH

Think of the hair :)

Beefster
02-07-2012, 06:13 AM

Exactly. I won't rest until Davie Farrell is mentioned in the same breath as Sauzee, Reilly and Stanton.

micka_weer
02-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Opinions eh? :-) always liked Boco, also liked Lovering and Matty Jack, you'll never find a player that 100% of people like I guess. There'll be Hibbies out there who'll tell you Sauzee and Stanton were overrated!

I'm_cabbaged
02-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Had the best song for a player, end of.

ShanksSaidNo
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Indeed.

I always thought he'd have been better suited to a first name of 'Utter'.

Jonnyboy
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Folk recall him with fondness but not because of his ability :greengrin

Hibercelona
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Had the best song for a player, end of.

"Good to.... good to be, good to be a..... Hibee!".

Much better than that daft "Turnbull's Tornadoes" song, they must have been having a right laugh with that one. :wink:

Hibercelona
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Folk recall him with fondness but not because of his ability :greengrin

:agree:

A man full of class..... just not anywhere near the pitch. :wink:

jgl07
02-07-2012, 10:11 PM
I think, to be fair to Jimmy, his career was at it's end when he came to Hibs. He served RC Lens in the top Tier of French football for many years, and came with a decent pedigree. Just don't think he had the legs to be the flying fullback anymore. That said, he managed to produce some of the best runs in Ian Murray's testimonial, in the 15ish minutes he managed!

The club claimed he was 32 when he was signed although a bit of digging identified he was 34. He was running out of legs to play full back by then.

I can recall one match after he had been emptied where he turned up in the Hibs end at an away match. It may have been Kilmarnock. The crowd burst out into spontaneous applause when he took his seat.

jgl07
24-07-2012, 01:13 PM
A mention of Jimmy in the interview with Patrick Viera here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18968970

It covers his role in helping to set up the Diambars football academy in Senegal.