PDA

View Full Version : Own Goals

Purple & Green
28-06-2012, 12:00 PM
What memories do you have of own goals scored by opposition players for Hibs?

Any favourites/Any that stick in the mind?

Hibbyradge
28-06-2012, 12:09 PM
WTF?

This is the main forum.

Go elsewhere if you want to discuss non-controversial football stuff.

Andy74
28-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Willie Miller scored a beezer of a sort of overhead kick from outside his own box as the keeper came out to collect it. Tannadice and Murdo McLeod's debut I think.

Edit: Wasn't your question but never mind!

ian cruise
28-06-2012, 12:13 PM
WTF?

This is the main forum.

Go elsewhere if you want to discuss non-controversial football stuff.

i agree. This thread has no mention of newcos or players we have missed out on!

Admins sort it out.....

Twa Cairpets
28-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Donkey/giraffe McPherson LC final. A true joy to see him lift his head just to see 1000s of Hibbys going totally Radio Rental.

Monts
28-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I remember a few years ago in a derby we scored a goal, and rob jones was announced as the scorer.

Having put money on him to score first we went down to the bookies in the concourse at half time, who told us they werent paying out. We badgered them until they ended up paying out.

Upon seeing the replay after the game it turned out it was an own goal by Berra I think, but the announcer netted us a few quid :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
28-06-2012, 12:38 PM
january 2010, we were playing st mirren at home. bamba scored an own goal to put us one nil down, we equalised, then in the last moments of injury time, a cross from the left was put into his own net by jack ross, giving us a 2-1 win.

me and my mate had money on hibs win/hearts lose that day - they got beaten away at st johnstone, 2-1 i think it was. made it all the more sweeter that it was a jambo working in the ladbrokes on easter road when we collected our winnings. up ye.

pentlando
28-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Zaliukas O.G. just seconds after we went behind at E.R. was an absolute corker!

HibeePaj
28-06-2012, 12:56 PM
On the subject, does anyone know the number of OG's Shelton Martin scored at Hibs?

LancashireHibby
28-06-2012, 12:57 PM
i agree. This thread has no mention of newcos or players we have missed out on!

Admins sort it out.....
I was about to suggest that the NewCo situation is one big own goal....

Frogga
28-06-2012, 01:07 PM
On the subject, does anyone know the number of OG's Shelton Martin scored at Hibs?

He scored a belter away to Falkirk once... Slicing the ball in the complete opposite direction he was aiming into the top corner of our net. Wasn't funny at the time!!

wearethehibs
28-06-2012, 01:11 PM
january 2010, we were playing st mirren at home. bamba scored an own goal to put us one nil down, we equalised, then in the last moments of injury time, a cross from the left was put into his own net by jack ross, giving us a 2-1 win.

me and my mate had money on hibs win/hearts lose that day - they got beaten away at st johnstone, 2-1 i think it was. made it all the more sweeter that it was a jambo working in the ladbrokes on easter road when we collected our winnings. up ye.

I had money on Liam Miller to score 1st and last in that game. He didn't score 1st or last but due to the 2 own goals I won both bets.

DarrenSQH
28-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I remember a few years ago in a derby we scored a goal, and rob jones was announced as the scorer.

Having put money on him to score first we went down to the bookies in the concourse at half time, who told us they werent paying out. We badgered them until they ended up paying out.

Upon seeing the replay after the game it turned out it was an own goal by Berra I think, but the announcer netted us a few quid :greengrin

Nice work, my dad ran down when he heard they were paying out to collect his winnings too. Every week he put £2 on rob jones first goal and with decnt odds he must have won quite a bit over the first season.

Fenriz
28-06-2012, 02:26 PM

On a similar note, I seem to remember Steven Tweed scoring quite a few OG's back in the 90's- although I was pretty young at the time, and so the memories may well have been exaggerated.

lyonhibs
28-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Reminds me of the trivia question

Q/ Which one SPL player scored the most goals past Chris Woods when he was playing for Rangers and England?

A/ Terry Butcher, who was his team-mate for both Rangers and England at the time!!

Just_Jimmy
28-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Donkey Darren Dodds used to score more against than for. A few times he scored at both ends.