PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Billy Brown gone - Confirmed by HFC

shadyhibs
27-06-2012, 02:32 PM
billy brown set to take raith rovers job??

Saorsa
27-06-2012, 02:34 PM
billy brown set to take raith rovers job??hope he gets it :bye:

Hainan Hibs
27-06-2012, 02:44 PM
hope he gets it :bye:

Agreed.

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Good luck to him then :aok:

Sean1875
27-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Got my fingers crossed.

hibsmad
27-06-2012, 02:53 PM
:pray:

I won't be able to look at next season as a new start unless the guy who had mixed emotions about losing to them in the final has moved on. PLEASE let this be true!

Andy74
27-06-2012, 04:38 PM
A wage I'd like to see spent on a player. Pat has managed before with just Liam O'Brien with him and I don't think he needs the Brown advise anymore.

If it's somone else to coach during training I'm sure there are other cheaper options who can coach just as well.

HibbyAndy
27-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Good. Hope the jambo **** gets the gig, Never liked having a jambo helmet as a no 2 in the first place, And that was certainly enhanced when he said prior to Hearts semi final along the lines of he wouldnt be to bothered if hearts won the SC. Do one you hearts ****!!.

Hibs7
27-06-2012, 04:56 PM
We live in hope, bye, bye, you won't be missed.

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 04:58 PM

Perfect.

Sammy7nil
27-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks Billy it did not work out, good luck in your next job.

Phil D. Rolls
27-06-2012, 05:08 PM

You never know, they have just had a Yam fud for a manager.:dunno:

JohnStephens91
27-06-2012, 05:11 PM
He'll have mixed emotions against Dunfermline when he is up against his old pal if they face off next season, then the Raith supports will feel how we felt in the build up to the final against them. The reason he was kept on was to help Pat adjust to the Scottish game and to me he failed that. He seems like an honest man and I find it difficult to wish for him to be sacked or to f*** off, but I would not shed a tear if he left.

If he does get the job then good luck to him.

3pm
27-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I am not so sure.

Hiber-nation
27-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Can't see it happening, they will go for the cheap option which could be Grant Murray.

California-Hibs
27-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Where is this information coming from?.....

Bostonhibby
27-06-2012, 06:34 PM
If he goes I will have the same sort of mixed emotions as troubled him to be honest. What is the difference between joy and ecstacy?

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 06:40 PM
:pray:

I won't be able to look at next season as a new start unless the guy who had mixed emotions about losing to them in the final has moved on. PLEASE let this be true!

agree with this.

Hopefully he is away.

neilmartinrocks
27-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Where is this information coming from?.....

greggs:greengrin:greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-06-2012, 07:46 PM
A wage I'd like to see spent on a player. Pat has managed before with just Liam O'Brien with him and I don't think he needs the Brown advise anymore.

If it's somone else to coach during training I'm sure there are other cheaper options who can coach just as well.

This.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-06-2012, 09:05 PM
here's hoping. never a Hibs man.
bye!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-06-2012, 10:02 PM
See ya Billy, see ya pal!

Craig_in_Prague
27-06-2012, 10:17 PM
dont let the door skelp you on the way oot.

iwasthere1972
27-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I'll miss him as much as I miss the wife.

Cheerio ya wee Jambo.

SmokieJoe
28-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Or if Dunfermline get a stay of execution will he be back as FJK's assistand next season?

Dave-O
28-06-2012, 12:27 PM
He should have been gone after the comment before the final, it really ruined the build up to think an arse like that and the way he was thinking was involved in firing up the players, no wonder we got the performance we did, piss off billy and thanks for nowt.

big-mo
28-06-2012, 01:00 PM
His contact is up at the end of the month anyway.

Coco Bryce
28-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Not sure about going to Raith but BB is no longer at Hibs.

3pm
28-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Since when?

Emerald
28-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Since when?

With all the other **** going on at the moment, who f****** cares.

Col2
28-06-2012, 06:53 PM
All I know is he wont be part of pre season training. Not sure if contract not renewed or got another deal and declined us. But he is away, was told earlier today.

ALF TUPPER
28-06-2012, 07:16 PM

More £££££ for PF ?

Kerrrrr chinggggg !! Salary saved ;-)

Col2
28-06-2012, 07:20 PM
More £££££ for PF ?

Kerrrrr chinggggg !! Salary saved ;-)

Helps towards the £250k gap.

Ignoring the HUGE gap that will be created if today's announcement is accurate.

BEEJ
28-06-2012, 07:21 PM
All I know is he wont be part of pre season training. Not sure if contract not renewed or got another deal and declined us. But he is away, was told earlier today.
Calling up Kevin Kyle to offer him pre-season training / a trial at EM was probably the last straw.

:wink:

IWasThere2016
28-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Said months ago he was surplus to requirements.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2012, 07:32 PM
dont let the door skelp you on the way oot.

Actually hope the door does skelp him on the way oot.:greengrin

Thomson
29-06-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120629/club-update_2262950_2826536

Bye Bye Billy!

DAVE1875
29-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Liam O'Brien to take over as Paddy's assistant?

MrSmith
29-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Good luck Billy and thanks for your contribution.

H18sry
29-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Luke Shanley ‏@LukeShanley
Billy Brown to leave #Hibernian when his contract expires tomorrow.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

hibeeleicester
29-06-2012, 10:45 AM
LOB to be Paddy's assistant, was always going to be the case.

Hibs7
29-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Another one off the wage bill ;-)

Forza Fred
29-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I read o fBrown's leaving in the same report that confirmed Fife Hyland had left the club

I dont think there will be many who 'will miss either of them.

SteveHFC
29-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Good :aok:

Part/Time Supporter
29-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Predictable. Hopefully Hibs stop going in for these arranged marriages (CC/Adams, CC/Brown, Fenlon/Brown).

Dinkydoo
29-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Good.

We need management that will bleed green - whether that be bottle, light green.....:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
29-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Good riddance to the fat jambo ****ing ******* (Feels good to be able to say that again:greengrin)

Littlest Hobo
29-06-2012, 11:52 AM
It's players that win football marches, I think everyone at Hibs need to realise this.

Billy was a motivator, he was always on to a hiding to nothing with the pile of ***** we brought in.

Thanks for your efforts Billy, good luck in the future.

Can we please sign a few footballers now ffs!

I

Hibby Gav
29-06-2012, 12:31 PM
lol

ScottishComedyFC‏@ScotComFC
Billy Brown's on the phone to John McGlynn now. "Yeah, I know I said 'I was a Hibs fan all along' but obviously I was JOKING!"

silverhibee
29-06-2012, 02:03 PM
It's players that win football marches, I think everyone at Hibs need to realise this.

Billy was a motivator, he was always on to a hiding to nothing with the pile of ***** we brought in.

Thanks for your efforts Billy, good luck in the future.

Can we please sign a few footballers now ffs!

I

:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
29-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Predictable. Hopefully Hibs stop going in for these arranged marriages (CC/Adams, CC/Brown, Fenlon/Brown).

Completely agree you can probably throw in Sauzee/Park and Mixu/Park also. They dont work IMO as any manager needs a trusted assistant. The fact that Brown obviously fancied the main job and was then shoehorned into the Fenlon team would have put added pressure on the relationship also IMO.

Franck Stanton
29-06-2012, 02:12 PM
At last, a bit of good news, glad he is away, never liked having a spy in the camp. He is and never was a Hibs man. Made no difference to us when he was here - wage thief. Good riddence I say. Onwards and upwards Hibs.

DMR1875
29-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Actually hope the door does skelp him on the way oot.:greengrin

Is it OK if I skelp him on the way oot! :bye:

Hibernia&Alba
29-06-2012, 03:53 PM
It was a silly appointment in the first place. I've nothing against the guy, I'm sure he did his best when here, but he's a Jambo through and through whose comments about having mixed feelings about the cup final were hard to take. Not one of us.

Bostonhibby
29-06-2012, 05:05 PM
It was a silly appointment in the first place. I've nothing against the guy, I'm sure he did his best when here, but he's a Jambo through and through whose comments about having mixed feelings about the cup final were hard to take. Not one of us.

:agree: Will they be able to give him his winners medal now?:bye:

hibiedude
29-06-2012, 05:12 PM

100% agree

Jones28
29-06-2012, 07:45 PM
No idea what he did while he was here, no obvious contribution and I was sickened when he said he had mixed feelings about the final.

However good luck to him

HibbyAndy
29-06-2012, 07:57 PM

This in a nutshell.

Absolute spot on..It was a no win situation, The guy is a Hearts ******* and i dont give a toss if he followed Hibs 60 million years ago, A total waste of a wage up there with paying 100K for Martin Scott and giving him a 3 year contract..OR..OR...not taking the reported 300K for Coco the clown calderwood and end up paying the twat of in the end making a MASSIVE!!! mistake when all and sundry could see it.

In summary..A total waste of a wage to a hearts *******

Peevemor
29-06-2012, 08:06 PM

100% agree

Ditto.

sahib
29-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Good.

We need management that will bleed green - whether that be bottle, light green.....:greengrin

Or one that knows what it is doing.

NOLA
29-06-2012, 09:06 PM
A stick on for the raith gig, good luck to him

The Green Goblin
30-06-2012, 05:10 AM
To this day the only person at Hibs who ever specifically mentioned or acknowledged his sympathy and disappointment on behalf of all the overseas fans who spent a lot of money and travelled thousands of miles to be let down by the team/club at the final. Whatever the "issues" with him during his time at Hibs, I wish him all the best.

stevenhibs
30-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I was delighted when he joined the club, particularly when I heard he was a hibs fan (many moons ago, but still) however, I wont be able to ever get past the mixed emotions comment. I actually had to rewind that when I seen it. To feel that way I guess is understandable but to actually say it on live tv is just embarrassing.

Best of luck to him for the future though.

Onion
30-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Will we notice any difference ? There are a lot of people still at ER who appear to add little positive value to our performances on the park, so IMHO this is money well saved.

heretoday
30-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Looked at on paper he was involved in a team that made it to the Cup final and staved off relegation. So thanks Billy but you were always too close to the evil empire for comfort so goodbye Billy.

Golden Bear
30-06-2012, 08:02 AM
To this day the only person at Hibs who ever specifically mentioned or acknowledged his sympathy and disappointment on behalf of all the overseas fans who spent a lot of money and travelled thousands of miles to be let down by the team/club at the final. Whatever the "issues" with him during his time at Hibs, I wish him all the best.

:agree:

The unknown factors were his ACTUAL influence and responsibilities at the Club. It's now well and truly Pat Fenlon's show and I sincerely hope that he is up for the job.

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 08:53 AM
:rolleyes:

Sneer away but Brown is a nice honest fella, who has worked hard for the good of Hibs.

He probably shouldn't have been appointed in the first place because we all know what his back ground was and that he would never have been fully accepted by the supporters.

Something has been seriously wrong at the club regards players and their attitudes, I was kinda hoping getting BB in would help solve of those issues.

Too many comings at the club, Derek Adams being an example, now BB.

What is going on?

Continuity is what we need but that doesn't seem to be the case at ER.

I'd like to know why he has left the club.

Peevemor
30-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Sneer away but Brown is a nice honest fella, who has worked hard for the good of Hibs.

He probably shouldn't have been appointed in the first place because we all know what his back ground was and that he would never have been fully accepted by the supporters.

Something has been seriously wrong at the club regards players and their attitudes, I was kinda hoping getting BB in would help solve of those issues.

Too many comings at the club, Derek Adams being an example, now BB.

What is going on?

Continuity is what we need but that doesn't seem to be the case at ER.

I'd like to know why he has left the club.

He was given a contract until the end of the season when CC was at Hibs and JJ was on the dole.

Fenlon has since arrived at Hibs with his own sidekick and JJ got the Dunfermline gig.

There's no point looking for anything sinister behind his moving on - it seems pretty straightforward to me..

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 10:16 AM
He was given a contract until the end of the season when CC was at Hibs and JJ was on the dole.

Fenlon has since arrived at Hibs with his own sidekick and JJ got the Dunfermline gig.

There's no point looking for anything sinister behind his moving on - it seems pretty straightforward to me..

Hopefully Pat can bring in his own staff, and bring some much needed continuity to EM.

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Cheerio Billy and good luck wherever you end up.

But this is what I was on about after the cup final. Whatever the reason for his going he was too close to the Yams for me and its time for us to least start matching the attitude the Yams have to our city rivalry.

It seems to me that there is a culture at the PBS that you must beat Hibs which is drummed into everybody in the club from top to bottom. That attitude doesnt seem to have been replicated at ER over the years and to an extent the cup final was ( if not inevitably ) at least a likely outcome of the culture at both clubs.

Like I've said before ( and I think PF agrees ) This club is too bloody nice and its time for that to change.

A darker Green strip and Billy Brown leaving are cosmetic and superficial changes ... but IMO they are both steps in the right direction.

Callum_62
30-06-2012, 10:49 AM
interesting if true....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2012/06/30/axed-hibs-no-2-billy-brown-this-could-be-first-year-since-i-left-school-i-ll-be-without-a-club-86908-23902637/

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 11:12 AM
interesting if true....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2012/06/30/axed-hibs-no-2-billy-brown-this-could-be-first-year-since-i-left-school-i-ll-be-without-a-club-86908-23902637/

It's looking increasing like that the club have real money issues.

So we can't afford to have an assistant manager now.

What is going on at the club??

Golden Bear
30-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't think it was a case of being "ruthlessly axed by Rod Petrie" - it was simply a case that his contract had expired and was not renewed.

I had nothing against BB at all, but if his salary can be put into the available budget for the playing squad then I can live with it.

matty_f
30-06-2012, 11:29 AM

It's a combination of things, but the money issue is because the club aren't generating enough through season ticket sales and other revenue streams. Two awful seasons on the bounce with lower prize money and a general downturn at the club is crippling us.

We are in a very bad way - Brown's comments only serve to highlight that.

The quicker everyone wakes up to the fact that there is no money at the club and that they NEED our help to sort it, the better.

Until then, it's only going to get worse.

VickMackie
30-06-2012, 11:31 AM

BS.

He was probably on the phone to JJ after the final having phone sex.

Hibs7
30-06-2012, 11:50 AM
interesting if true....

That is typical crap DR reporting he wasn't AXED, his contract was up, sensationalist journalism at its worst.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2012, 11:52 AM
interesting if true....

Non story here. With revenue potentially going down because of the Rangers fiasco, Hibs will have to cut their cloth accordingly. I think we have enough coaches on the books at the moment. Hopefully any potential savings will be spent on a new player.

Hibiza
30-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Bye Billy, thanks for , eh...eh ???????????

BEEJ
30-06-2012, 12:39 PM
That is typical crap DR reporting he wasn't AXED, his contract was up, sensationalist journalism at its worst.
It is the usual attempt by the DR to stir up sensationalism where none exists. And to bring RP's name into the frame at every opportunity.

However, one question does arise. And that is, why did it take the club until last Tuesday to tell BB his services were no longer required. We ought to have been able to tell him that at the beginning of June.

Coco Bryce
30-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe that's when they found out he had applied for the Raith job?

Jamesie
30-06-2012, 01:12 PM
The most concerning comment in the story is : " I was led to believe I would be offered a new contract and Pat wanted me to stay."

If Fenlon truly wanted Brown to stay then I do have my doubts over Fenlon himself unfortunately.

3pm
30-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I was told last Saturday night he was staying. The contract had all been discussed.

Apparently Fenlon wanted him.

Jim44
30-06-2012, 01:27 PM
The huns are making big things sbout Brown's departure, highlighting it as the beginning of the end of the SPL. To be honest, his sacking probably has a lot to do with the 'cutting of the cloth', but it's the way things have to be as clubs overhaul and rationalise their financial positions.

matty_f
30-06-2012, 01:32 PM
The huns are making big things sbout Brown's departure, highlighting it as the beginning of the end of the SPL. To be honest, his sacking probably has a lot to do with the 'cutting of the cloth', but it's the way things have to be as clubs overhaul and rationalise their financial positions.

Are there still huns?! :greengrin

Hibs are cutting costs on a huge scale at the moment. We are rooked :agree:

As with all the SPL clubs, times are tough just now and we need everyone to get behind the club to see it through it.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2012, 01:53 PM

Maybe we've just realised that we can swap a Hertz **** baboon of a No 2 with the signing of a new skipper, popular throughout the support?

weecounty hibby
30-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe we've just realised that we can swap a Hertz **** baboon of a No 2 with the signing of a new skipper, popular throughout the support?
:top marksLets not start to pee in our pants at the thought of losing BB. There was no change in attitude or commitment from the team when he arrived and that was supposed to be his forte! Who would you rather have BB or JMcP.

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 02:07 PM
BS.

He was probably on the phone to JJ after the final having phone sex.

Pat Fenlon wanted him to stay.

It worries me that we can't afford to have an assistant that the manager wanted to keep..... allegedly!

weecounty hibby
30-06-2012, 02:11 PM

It worries me that we can't afford to have an assistant that the manager wanted to keep..... allegedly!

Who says we can't afford him? Oh aye that's right, he does and of course that bastion of truth and justice the Daily Record. PF has a team of coaches that he has worked with before. BB was ineffectual at best and a downright disaster at worst. Mixed feelings before the CF!?!?!? Hibs fan, who was employed by Hibs should have wanted to ****ing destroy them.

Wotherspiniesta
30-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Why does it bother you we've not got Billy Brown anymore?

Liam O'Brien is the assitant manager now. I failed to understand why we needed the 2 of them to assist Fenlon in the first place.

I'm glad he's gone anyway. Not sure what he even brung to the table in the first place. Apart from barking at players, generally looking like a dour faced ******* and telling the press that Garry O'Connor is a diver.

Since it's emerged that Brown isn't getting his contract renewed (or being RUTHLESSLY AXED as the daily record would want you to believe) we've signed James McPake on a permanent deal. So we've saved money by not re-hiring a guy who done absolutely nothing last year and re-invested that wage on a guy who was a great captain and influence on our team near the end of the season. Win-win.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Did YOU want him to stay?

Hibs7
30-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Won't be missed !

Littlest Hobo
30-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Did YOU want him to stay?

I didn't want him in the first place.

If PF wanted him to stay but had no option because of financial reasons then that worries me.

Don't know what to believe anymore regards Hibs, after the Derek Adams thing I was completely at a loss to the goings on at the club.

My only hope is that PF has the right people around him and now we can get on with building a team with a wee bit of harmony in the camp.

Coco Bryce
30-06-2012, 02:38 PM
He was sacked because they found out he applied for the Raith job behind their backs.

BEEJ
30-06-2012, 02:42 PM
He was sacked because they found out he applied for the Raith job behind their backs.
Well that would put a slightly different complexion on it.

Not really 'sacked' as such; just that the offer of a new contract was withdrawn because, it would seem, he was not wedded to the Hibs cause.

lapsedhibee
30-06-2012, 02:46 PM

Deserved to go if that's the case, on grounds of stupidity alone. If he'd had half a brain and been paying attention he would know that the correct way to go about getting a fitba manager's job is not to apply for it but to find yourself coincidentally in the club shop at the time there's a vacancy.

LeighLoyal
30-06-2012, 02:54 PM
He's a good football man, wish him luck if he gets the Raith job.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I didn't want him in the first place.

If PF wanted him to stay but had no option because of financial reasons then that worries me.

Don't know what to believe anymore regards Hibs, after the Derek Adams thing I was completely at a loss to the goings on at the club.

My only hope is that PF has the right people around him and now we can get on with building a team with a wee bit of harmony in the camp.

I would worry a wee bit less if I were you and believe a little bit less of some of the bollox you read on here.
I have yet to read any quotes from Fenlon stating that he wanted him to stay indeed, the papers are full of PF wishing him all the best, including tonight's EEN.
BB might have thought he was staying but he is clearly a jump-the-dyke dullard.

Good riddance. Move on and forget him.

leggeto
30-06-2012, 05:44 PM
thanks for all the good work you done billy now go away

TomoHFC
30-06-2012, 06:09 PM
wish him the very best in the future

ScottB
30-06-2012, 06:14 PM
As I've said before, I couldn't care less what his background or personally allowances were. He was brought to the club ostensibly to get the squad into shape, sort out training, get them fit and cut out the mistakes, at first at least.

I see no evidence that he achieved that in any shape or form, so no great loss for us frankly.

Long Time Hibee
30-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Why does it bother you we've not got Billy Brown anymore?

Liam O'Brien is the assitant manager now. I failed to understand why we needed the 2 of them to assist Fenlon in the first place.

I'm glad he's gone anyway. Not sure what he even brung to the table in the first place. Apart from barking at players, generally looking like a dour faced ******* and telling the press that Garry O'Connor is a diver.

Since it's emerged that Brown isn't getting his contract renewed (or being RUTHLESSLY AXED as the daily record would want you to believe) we've signed James McPake on a permanent deal. So we've saved money by not re-hiring a guy who done absolutely nothing last year and re-invested that wage on a guy who was a great captain and influence on our team near the end of the season. Win-win.

Agree with this. He should have helped with his inside knowledge of Hearts but his 'mixed feelings' at the final was inexcusable.
Positive mental attitude can win games, the opposite clearly has the opposite effect and so he only has himself to blame for his removal.
In addition if his wage saving has helped with James McPake's signing then its a no brainer for me.
Welcome aboard James McPake, cheerio Billy Brown. :aok:

--------
30-06-2012, 11:31 PM
wish him the very best in the future

No I don't - not if he's working with Fat Jim again.

Nothing but the worst for two Jambo leg-ends.

ronaldo7
30-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Cheerio Billy, see ye in the queue at Greggs in Mussy ya radge.

Thank **** for that!

JohnStephens91
30-06-2012, 11:59 PM
As I have said previously, I wish him all the best. Unless of course he goes to Hearts it is a different matter.

lucky
01-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Won't be missed. If this helps RP find the £250k to kick the Huns out of the SPL even better. Once a yam always a yam. Bye bye Billy