PDA

View Full Version : Sect 43/12th man

Hail Hail 96
26-06-2012, 11:48 PM
What do you guys think about sect 43 or the 12th man?, i personally think they are doing a cracking job. Still don't understand why people have a go at them for trying to create an atmosphere.......keep up the good work lads :not worth

frazeHFC
26-06-2012, 11:51 PM
They do a cracking job! :agree: :greengrin

People don't generally have a go now. Obviously some are against any boycott, but in terms of the atmosphere on match days, feedback has been great towards the end of the season.

Hail Hail 96
26-06-2012, 11:52 PM
They do a cracking job! :agree: :greengrin

can i get a free scarf now? :wink:

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 12:00 AM
What do you guys think about sect 43 or the 12th man?, i personally think they are doing a cracking job. Still don't understand why people have a go at them for trying to create an atmosphere.......keep up the good work lads :not worth

I think they are a bunch of young boys who tried and failed to get on X Factor. To a boy their hairstyles consists of big flicks and they all wish they were in one direction.

Their leader is also very crap at writing letters.

Hail Hail 96
27-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I think they are a bunch of young boys who tried and failed to get on X Factor. To a boy their hairstyles consists of big flicks and they all wish they were in one direction.

Their leader is also very crap at writing letters.

:tsk tsk:

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 12:05 AM
:tsk tsk:

If you want to join HH96, ensure you have the correct flick.

Or we wont let you in.

Hail Hail 96
27-06-2012, 12:08 AM

Or we wont let you in.

:boo hoo:

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 12:12 AM
:boo hoo:

Worry not HH96.

Do NOT cut you hair for the next few weeks. Aim for a big flick. It will come.

If you do not cut your hair and practice hard on your letter writing skills, there will be a place for you amongst us :agree:

We are a brotherhood all going in one direction.

wearethehibs
27-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Love how people think its mostly young "one direction" types. Dont consider myself to be an active member but I do always stand next to them and only a few of them look like "one direction" types.

Im of the opinion that those horrible chino things should be banned from all football grounds. I see more peole in other parts of the stand wearing them than in S43.

Chuck Rhoades
27-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Quite funny that I barely have hair, yet appear to have a flick:cb

GreenArmy1875
27-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Does it matter if they wear chinos or have "flicked hairstyles"? if they are creating a good atmosphere im all for it and the team appreciate this. Keep it up Guys :top marks

Deek01
27-06-2012, 09:04 AM
The guys deserve a lot of credit for the work they've put into making match days a bit more enjoyable. I would much rather sect43 continue to persue creating an atmosphere at ER rather than going to home games with an atmosphere as dull as a day at Rugby Park.

RIP
27-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Think away Big Frank - never let ignorance of the truth, get in the way of tongue in cheek humour. :greengrin

I am 55, my brother 53 and there's a few more in our 40's and 50's. The guy who designed the wonderful Hampden displays is 47. The guy with the drum is 38. The volunteers that did the Hampden setups, bucket collections, film fundraising were aged between age 11 and 74. There were a good few lassies as well

Maybe you just have a think about One Direction? :devil:

silverhibee
27-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Hooligans. :cb

silverhibee
27-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Or we wont let you in.

Is it not a quiff BF.. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
27-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Think away Big Frank - never let ignorance of the truth, get in the way of tongue in cheek humour. :greengrin

I am 55, my brother 53 and there's a few more in our 40's and 50's. The guy who designed the wonderful Hampden displays is 47. The guy with the drum is 38. The volunteers that did the Hampden setups, bucket collections, film fundraising were aged between age 11 and 74. There were a good few lassies as well

Maybe you just have a think about One Direction? :devil:

Its the turn-ups on the jeans being held up with braces that worries me, with your size 12 doc martins. :wink: :greengrin

Not very One Direction. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
27-06-2012, 12:18 PM
The guy with the drum is 38

Please tell me we're not going to have to put up with a ****ing drum next season?

ALF TUPPER
27-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Doing a great job folks - keep it up. :greengrin

bingo70
27-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Please tell me we're not going to have to put up with a ****ing drum next season?

He was there for a few games last year.

I like what they're trying to do, however I think what they're actually achieving is the opposite of what they want to do. Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground.

Did a great job with the displays at hampden but at easter road I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.

It's all a bit too false and forced for my liking.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2012, 12:35 PM
He was there for a few games last year.

I like what they're trying to do, however I think what they're actually achieving is the opposite of what they want to do. Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground.

Did a great job with the displays at hampden but at easter road I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.

It's all a bit too false and forced for my liking.

Thats my view too, and again they wont want to hear this, but the stand is much too big for what they are trying to do.

Unless they are relocated to the bottom tier of the FF, i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time. There are way too many people who just dont want to join in, and would rather moan about them than support the team.

Having their own space, where only folk who wanted to behave a little more boisterous is the only way this will survive in my opinion.

Barney McGrew
27-06-2012, 12:37 PM
i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time.

To be fair they might be. They might have left school by then :whistle:

:duck:

RIP
27-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground. I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.

Thanks Bingo for this positive feedback

Where do you sit about?
Do you know "most of the people" around you?
What are the songs that you would prefer we sing?

Unless they are relocated to the bottom tier of the FF, i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time.

That must be you into double figures now Gary on this proposal? IIRC there's only 2 other posters who agree with you. I guess we will still be reading this in 10 years time :greengrin cos you never address any of our points i.e.

The singing section has been in the East since '86 - No?
It's in the same place as it's always been - 25 yards out from the South goal - No?
I haven't met a soul who actually wants to relocate from the East to the FF. I've been in the East for 26 years as have most of my mates
The FF is the Family Stand - assigned by the club. Where do you propose to relocate them? Do they want to relocate?
It's too far away from the away support

Complete non-starter

Just_Jimmy
27-06-2012, 01:33 PM
The problem is not Sec43, in reality the problem is a ridiculously oversized white elephant of a stand that we can neither fill, nor create an atmosphere from.

I'm aware about planning etc but Easter Road is too big for Hibs needs now.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2012, 01:41 PM

Where do you sit about?

That must be you into double figures now Gary on this proposal? IIRC there's only 2 other posters who agree with you. I guess we will still be reading this in 10 years time :greengrin cos you never address any of our points i.e.

It's in the same place as it's always been - 25 yards out from the South goal - No?
I haven't met a soul who actually wants to relocate from the East to the FF. I've been in the East for 26 years as have most of my mates
The FF is the Family Stand - assigned by the club. Where do you propose to relocate them? Do they want to relocate?

Complete non-starter

Where was most of the singing when you started going Gogs, as for me it was behind the goal? The old east was fine for it, people knew if you went there it could be a bit more boisterous. It was filthy and if you went there, you knew the score.

Again in my opinion, you will annoy far too many folk in the east, its far too big too. The bottom of the FF is the logical place for this to grow in my opinion. As for moving folk from the FF, i'd have thought they could move to the top tier, its hardly bouncing in there just now, and the family stand will be wherever the club puts it.

I know you dont agree with me, thats fine, but i will continue to say what i feel on this subject, because thats what i think is your only way forward.

As for it being too far away from the opposition support, thats as lame an excuse as i have ever heard. Tell me the best atmospheres hibs have had in recent seasons on our travels, and how many of them have been in the middle of the stadiums?

Hibernian Verse
27-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Section 43 have ruined chinos for me. For a start they aren't proper chinos and are usually from River Island. Other outlets are available.

It's a conspiracy.

Leishy1995
27-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I think it would be harsh to judge their success based on last season which saw a very low amount of people turn up. If the stadium was more occupied by fans and people still didn't join in, then we'd be able to judge. Keep up the good work though lads. Chinos are forever hideous.

At The Edge
27-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Worry not HH96.

Do NOT cut you hair for the next few weeks. Aim for a big flick. It will come.

If you do not cut your hair and practice hard on your letter writing skills, there will be a place for you amongst us :agree:

We are a brotherhood all going in one direction.

Filcks were sooooooo last season!
this season the kids will be rocking out with 1950's stylee quiffs!

:wink:

At The Edge
27-06-2012, 02:20 PM

next season we have a new improved drum, we got a deal from the local pipe band and its one of those snares that they have.
you'll be able to hear the drum from the other side of Edinburgh, Paddy wants an atmosphere, thats what hes going to get with this bad boy! :greengrin

At The Edge
27-06-2012, 02:24 PM
BH, i'm part of the working group thats being put together, its defo an issue that i'll raise to see about the feasability of a safe standing area in the lower FF, and all the issues that it raises.
:greengrin

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Quality lads :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
27-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Chinos are rank.

End of.

Beefster
27-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Chinos are rank.

End of.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever be as rank as the tartan jeans some cretins used to wear when I was a kid.

At The Edge
27-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever be as rank as the tartan jeans some cretins used to wear when I was a kid.

We have a winner in the bad fashion stakes, these jeans were truly horrific, school disco nightmares are flooding back with the vision of these jeans and the folk wearing them.

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Chinos are rank.

End of.

I think entry to the Section should consist of farahs. They pump chinos and stay-press

And a healthy flick.

Mon the sect43 farah boys!

bingo70
27-06-2012, 04:50 PM

Where do you sit about?

Complete non-starter

This is what I mean, you're totally over analysing something that should just be a random sing song to reflect your emotions driven by what you see on the pitch.

What was wrong with just shouting/singing the first song in your head and seeing who else joins in? It's worked for years.

All this giving groups names, making new songs that no-one outside your group knows is all a bit forced and not how singing at football has ever worked.

In fairness to you it was a tough season for you last season with creating an atmosphere but from what I've seen imo its never going to work like you want it to

NAE NOOKIE
27-06-2012, 05:40 PM

Where do you sit about?

Complete non-starter

I'm one of the three then.

ER has had lots of different singing areas over the years, from the North stand to the Coo shed, so you are a wee bit wide of the mark there.

If I ask uncle Rod to take out the seats will you consider the FF then. You can move the family section to the East or West nae problem IMO.

Please dont take this as criticism ... I dont want shadowy figures accosting me in the pie queue flashing their STs and saying " section 43, yer coming with us"

JohnStephens91
27-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Another debate on Section 43, this is rather frustrating. I have sat in the old East Stand when I was younger and a PATG with my dad holding a season ticket as there was no childrens season ticket for the East. It used to be all singing and bouncing for most games, then when we moved for cost reasons to the Famous Five there was still no problem with singing and going nuts whenever we scored or won.

For the past few seasons I went back to PATG as I work in a bar and I was never guaranteed a Saturday off, and I have sat in the FF, the West and the new East in all that time period and the decline in the atmosphere has been catastrophic to say the least. People seem embarrassed to sing now and all I hear is people chatting as if they were at a social club meeting, rather than backing the team. I know recently we haven't had much to cheer on the pitch but we as a support need to seriously look at ourselves rather than complain at others for trying to instill a more vocal element to our support.

There should be no complaining over where Section 43 sit, instead we should all be singing instead of leaving the work to a group and then criticising them for trying. We are all in the Hibs family and instead of turning on our own we need to back them. The whole of Easter Road should be in fine voice and not just one section.

jgl07
27-06-2012, 07:02 PM
the problem is not sec43, in reality the problem is a ridiculously oversized white elephant of a stand that we can neither fill, nor create an atmosphere from.

I'm aware about planning etc but easter road is too big for hibs needs now.

ltyf!

3pm
27-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I'd put the singing lads in the bottom of the west at the away end. Smaller, would look busier, more prominent than tucked away at the back of the east, more hostileand would scare the **** out the subs that are warming up!

Just_Jimmy
27-06-2012, 08:29 PM
ltyf!

eh, settle ya prick!

I'm formally wee_mad_mental_hibby and a season ticket holder. so bolt.

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm formally wee_mad_mental_hibby and a season ticket holder.

ah, but what trousers do you wear :confused:

Just_Jimmy
27-06-2012, 08:56 PM
ah, but what trousers do you wear :confused:

two pairs of chinos at once! and I wear my pants on my head and pencils in my ears....wibble. :greengrin

down-the-slope
27-06-2012, 09:51 PM
BH, i'm part of the working group thats being put together, its defo an issue that i'll raise to see about the feasability of a safe standing area in the lower FF, and all the issues that it raises.

Not if I don't have your details your not :wink:

essexhibee
27-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Chinos and combovers all the way. I feel we should "essex-up" the sect43 look. I'd be happy to offer to help in this.

Discuss.

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Chinos and combovers all the way. I feel we should "essex-up" the sect43 look. I'd be happy to offer to help in this.

Discuss.

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

To be fair Essex... I think we could do with the help :agree:. TOWIS43

RIP
27-06-2012, 10:34 PM
This is what I mean, you're totally over analysing something that should just be a random sing song to reflect your emotions driven by what you see on the pitch. What was wrong with just shouting/singing the first song in your head and seeing who else joins in? It's worked for years.

Probably the most ludricous post of the year:faf:

I went to my first match in 1961. I've been signing regularly since 1968. Only Hibs songs as well

Where do you get off try to teach yer elders tae suck eggs ya wee pup?

Your the one over-analysing it

I just sing my heid off as does everyone else where I stand?

RIP
27-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm one of the three then.

ER has had lots of different singing areas over the years, from the North stand to the Coo shed, so you are a wee bit wide of the mark there.

If I ask uncle Rod to take out the seats will you consider the FF then. You can move the family section to the East or West nae problem IMO.:greengrin

Tell you what son. I won't tell you where you should sit if you don't tell me where to sit.

Where do you sit incidently?

djs69
27-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Keep up the good work both, whatever the difference is. Stuff tho folk who complain about your inappropriate songs, sing whatever and sing louder, wish the ff had your enthusiasm EH8 HIBS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-06-2012, 10:57 PM
I take it the younger S43 boys will be bringing their cougars with them this season, that might be fun at HT!

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Tell you what son. I won't tell you where you should sit if you don't tell me where to sit.

FF ..... Until they make it standing of course :greengrin

HH81
28-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I take it the younger S43 boys will be bringing their cougars with them this season, that might be fun at HT!

Cougars :greengrin

bingo70
28-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Probably the most ludricous post of the year:faf:

I went to my first match in 1961. I've been signing regularly since 1968. Only Hibs songs as well

Where do you get off try to teach yer elders tae suck eggs ya wee pup?

Your the one over-analysing it

I just sing my heid off as does everyone else where I stand?

Behave yersel, just cause you've been singing at football for years doesn't make the current singing section less irritating, you asked what songs should get sung, you've given yer wee group a name and even a logo, there's threads on here asking for feedback on how good a job your doing, at what point between the 60s and now did that become normal behaviour for a grown adult?

HibeeSince85
28-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Dearie me eh, bring back the auld East without all this organised pish.

I'm with Bingo here, sing what comes into yer heid(as long as its appropriate of course - unless it's Thomson, then sing whatever ye like at that fandan)

Emails threatening other clubs, trying to be the voice of the fanbase, asking for feedback then being unable to take that feedback without getting into a row over it is daft.

Also if you guys are the "elders of S43 then get it organised a bit better, a wee read over the email to DUFC before it was sent could have avoided the rashness of youth.

I sit in the East by the way, about 3 town from you, ST Mmoved for next season to the middle mind you, feels more like a youth club IMO.

Fair play though for supporting the team home Abd away but the whole thing comes across in the wrong way for me.

RIP
29-06-2012, 10:15 AM
The only organised pish is the pish being written on this thread

We have a few hundred Hibbies in the East (Sections 42-44) who sing Hibs songs
Nothing organised about it at all - never has been
Differrent people randomly start songs and others join in
To suggest otherwise is a loady pish IMO
According to one or two this singing annoys other supporters in the East.
In 2 years not a single supporter has come over and complained about anything as far as I know
To suggest loads of folk in the East don't like hearing Hibs songs being sung is a loady pish IMO
Are traditional football values are going to be lost for ever - some folk are determined to turn Easter Road into a library? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
29-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Why do you keep on asking posters that.?

Barney McGrew
29-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Nothing organised about it at all - never has been:rolleyes:

Eh? Your own website, scarves, displays and it's not being organised?

bingo70
29-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Eh? Your own website, scarves, displays and it's not being organised?

Is this not where the difference comes in between the singing section and section 43? The difference is lost on me but i think i remember them saying before they were different.

If i'm right and they are different then i think even arranging to sit beside people you don't know takes an element of organising and then i remember them saying they had 'discussions within the group' and decided to sing less hearts related songs so they obviously decide in advance what songs will or won't be sung.

I'm sure they used to have there own message board on here did they not as well to discuss making up of new songs? It's definately not as random as Gogs is making out.

It wasn't a library atmosphere before the singing section arrived so i don't know why they think it would be one if they disappeared and to say there's not been a complaint in two years is nonsense, i can believe nobody has gone up to them and asked them to stop but thee's been plenty critics on here.

At The Edge
29-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Is this not where the difference comes in between the singing section and section 43? The difference is lost on me but i think i remember them saying before they were different.

If i'm right and they are different then i think even arranging to sit beside people you don't know takes an element of organising and then i remember them saying they had 'discussions within the group' and decided to sing less hearts related songs so they obviously decide in advance what songs will or won't be sung.

I'm sure they used to have there own message board on here did they not as well to discuss making up of new songs? It's definately not as random as Gogs is making out.

It wasn't a library atmosphere before the singing section arrived so i don't know why they think it would be one if they disappeared and to say there's not been a complaint in two years is nonsense, i can believe nobody has gone up to them and asked them to stop but thee's been plenty critics on here.

12th Man was set up with the opening of the new east, S43 has evolved out of that group with a focus on being more active on the flag making, drum banging, card displays, streamer throwing part of going to see Hibs.
The S43 lads and lassies are drawn towards making ER a noiser, more colourful place,

Is it organised? yeah i suppose it is, the S43 forum exists for the use of people interested in flag making, drum banging, card displays, streamer throwing etc its also used to exchange ideas with like minded folk, just as you may use other parts of the interweb to further your intrests/hobbies etc.
Its also used to help people get to games, take flags and talk about other 'groups' around the world, strangely a bit like this forum.

Song wise, it was taken as an overall task to cut down on the hearts songs when not playing hearts, also the peado songs, just as Hibs supporters in the 80's made an effort to distance themselves from the pro IRA songs.
Songs are there to supprt the team, hence why the Tornadoes song and the classics are sung more regular, not saying that they weren't before, but the group made an effort to go with trad Hibs songs.

As for complaints....i've been up there in S43 since the East opened, never had a single soul come up to me and tell me to shut up or stop singing or doing whatever we do. the only complaints come from our own fans via faceless forums.

We're not all the same (thankfully):wink: and i know some folk may not like what we do
Hibs fans will come and go, all supporting the team in their own way, no way is better than another way.
This is our way of supporting the Greatest team in the world
We know we're not the first....but i hope we're not the last
:pfgwa

bingo70
29-06-2012, 03:31 PM
12th Man was set up with the opening of the new east, S43 has evolved out of that group with a focus on being more active on the flag making, drum banging, card displays, streamer throwing part of going to see Hibs.
The S43 lads and lassies are drawn towards making ER a noiser, more colourful place,

Is it organised? yeah i suppose it is, the S43 forum exists for the use of people interested in flag making, drum banging, card displays, streamer throwing etc its also used to exchange ideas with like minded folk, just as you may use other parts of the interweb to further your intrests/hobbies etc.
Its also used to help people get to games, take flags and talk about other 'groups' around the world, strangely a bit like this forum.

Song wise, it was taken as an overall task to cut down on the hearts songs when not playing hearts, also the peado songs, just as Hibs supporters in the 80's made an effort to distance themselves from the pro IRA songs.
Songs are there to supprt the team, hence why the Tornadoes song and the classics are sung more regular, not saying that they weren't before, but the group made an effort to go with trad Hibs songs.

As for complaints....i've been up there in S43 since the East opened, never had a single soul come up to me and tell me to shut up or stop singing or doing whatever we do. the only complaints come from our own fans via faceless forums.

We're not all the same (thankfully):wink: and i know some folk may not like what we do
Hibs fans will come and go, all supporting the team in their own way, no way is better than another way.
This is our way of supporting the Greatest team in the world
We know we're not the first....but i hope we're not the last
:pfgwa

I thought the singing section were keen to distance themselves from being called the 12th man as the 12th man was for everyone in the ground and not just one section or have i got that wrong?

I think you've probably not been criticized because people generally are more interested in whats going on on the pitch rather than picking a fight with a group of people in the stand, on here though they can moan about the team and the fans, nothing to do with being faceless.

Ultimately i don't really care what you get up to, i hope what you do is a success, everyone enjoys themselves and any positive influence you're trying to have on the team works.

I was just a bit bored when i replied to this thread at first, maybe i shouldn't have :greengrin

RIP
29-06-2012, 04:27 PM
I thought the singing section were keen to distance themselves from being called the 12th man as the 12th man was for everyone in the ground and not just one section or have i got that wrong?

Happy to clarify bingo

Feb 2010 2 guys started a facebook campaign to get Hibs to identify an area in the new East equivalent to the Gantry
I helped out by progressing with the club, who then announced it as a "Singing Section"
Personally I hate that expression but I guess Fife had to give it an a name of some kind
There has never been a group of supporters called The Singing Section - it's just an area of seats, that aren't sat on
The trouble was that initially, the area had nobody to fill it
So in June 2010, I invited supporters to a meeting at the Hibs Club to create a 12thMan group
That groups purpose was to recruit more singers into the section and work up a better atmosphere
First year 2010/2011 went well and the group folded - job done for some, unfinished business for others
In 2011/2012 Sect43 evolved from some of the supporters that had occupied the area in Year 1 and wanted to take things up a gear in terms of displays
It's still early days, the group is small but growing but I'm sure it will push on this season and next
At Celtic it took 3 to 4 years and at Hibs we've endured 2 years of unrelenting misery at ER
Anyone that can sing their way through that deserves a bloody medal :greengrin

As far as singing goes though I just turn up and sing as do all the folk around me. It's as instinctive and natural as it's aye been. Come over and stand with me at the next game if you dinnae believe me

Yuillsy
29-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Can i ask about your logo, where did it come from and why did you all pick it?
Imo the logo of the young guy with the scarf covering his face looks more "wee hooligan wanting to cause trouble" rather than "big group with a wide age range organising displays and singing songs"?
I think your displays have been brilliant and I'm not picking on you I'm just a bit confused with the image it could cause.
I would maybe have had a picture of a few folk doing the Hibees bounce.