PDA

View Full Version : Could Hibs sign some of the Rangers walkouts?

SGHIBEE
26-06-2012, 07:38 PM
With younger Rangers players not taking up the option to transfer to the Newco (Ness, McCabe for example) does anyone think there's a chance of Hibs offering any of these boys a one year deal to stay in Scotland?

I know they are young but they are decent players.

Seem to recall McCabe having a stormer against Celtic.

PJ IronHIbee
26-06-2012, 08:07 PM
With younger Rangers players not taking up the option to transfer to the Newco (Ness, McCabe for example) does anyone think there's a chance of Hibs offering any of these boys a one year deal to stay in Scotland?

I know they are young but they are decent players.

Seem to recall McCabe having a stormer against Celtic.

Never mind the decent young players. How about offering Naismith, Davis & Aluko an opportunity to play in the SPL next season! We are crying out for players of this ilk just now. I for one could handle these three ex Huns donning the famous green & white:na na:. Can't say the same about macGregor, lafferty and some of the other clowns that will walk.
Rangers No More, Lochaber no more
GGTTH
:pfgwa

bighairyfaeleith
26-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Never mind the decent young players. How about offering Naismith, Davis & Aluko an opportunity to play in the SPL next season! We are crying out for players of this ilk just now. I for one could handle these three ex Huns donning the famous green & white:na na:. Can't say the same about macGregor, lafferty and some of the other clowns that will walk.
Rangers No More, Lochaber no more
GGTTH
:pfgwa

naismith, are you having a giraffe:faf:

Aldo
26-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Alexander will do for me, if we can sign him that is. ;-)

Billychaotic182
26-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I'd take Ness and Alexander

PJ IronHIbee
26-06-2012, 08:27 PM
naismith, are you having a giraffe:faf:

I suppose he's probably not quite Hibs class but i'm happy to offer him some training facilities!!!

SloopJB
What is sporting integrity?

SteveHFC
Kyle Hutton :aok:

SGHIBEE
26-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Alexander will do for me, if we can sign him that is. ;-)

Would be a great signing IMHO. Can't believe he was second fiddle at rangers so long

Greedy bassa though so will be a sub down south somewhere

ekhibee
26-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd take Ness and Alexander

:agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Alexander, Hutton, Fleck, Ness, McCabe, McCulloch, Little, and Broadfoot would all be realistic IMO

Aldo
Would be a great signing IMHO. Can't believe he was second fiddle at rangers so long

Greedy bassa though so will be a sub down south somewhere

You never know. The chance to be No1 might appeal after taking quite a wage to sit on bench. Fingers crossed.

HibbyAndy
Why do some hibs fans honestly think we can pick up players like Alexander and Naismith or these ilk of players?..Seriously what planet do yous live on?...We pay nothing in wages compared to England's ****tier teams. I honestly shake my head sometimes at the nonsense that gets posted on here regarding potential signing targets.Wake up.

Irish_Steve
26-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Why do some hibs fans honestly think we can pick up players like Alexander and Naismith or these ilk of players?..Seriously what planet do yous live on?...We pay nothing in wages compared to England's ****tier teams. I honestly shake my head sometimes at the nonsense that gets posted on here regarding potential signing targets.Wake up.

:top marks

ekhibee
26-06-2012, 08:38 PM
My understanding is that Alexander is out of contract, he'd be a great keeper to have at Hibs considering the pish we've had for the last few years. I've always liked Aluko as a player, but reckon he'll go down south. Some of the young ones would be good to get, get at least a couple of good years out of them then flog them for big bucks. The best player to sign would probably have been Davis but that's a non-starter obviously. Would be good to get an agreement with Newco when they're in Div 3 to get 1st choice on their best young players, just in case we get injuries :greengrin

SGHIBEE
26-06-2012, 08:45 PM
My understanding is that Alexander is out of contract, he'd be a great keeper to have at Hibs considering the pish we've had for the last few years. I've always liked Aluko as a player, but reckon he'll go down south. Some of the young ones would be good to get, get at least a couple of good years out of them then flog them for big bucks. The best player to sign would probably have been Davis but that's a non-starter obviously. Would be good to get an agreement with Newco when they're in Div 3 to get 1st choice on their best young players, just in case we get injuries :greengrin

Well we won't be signing any players cause HibbyAndy says so.

Stick oot tongue smiley

Billychaotic182
26-06-2012, 08:48 PM

Yeah but the likes of Ness Little or Hutton are not exactly going to get a transfer down England so what's wrong with us thinking about them as signing targets

Judas Iscariot
26-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Alexander, Hutton, Fleck, Ness, McCabe, McCulloch, Little, and Broadfoot would all be realistic IMO

Realistic in what universe?

HibbyAndy
26-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Well we won't be signing any players cause HibbyAndy says so.

Stick oot tongue smiley

We will be signin players:agree: Just not players that can get so much more than what we can pay from A.N Other..

Don't get me wrong tho, I do have a good chuckle at the players we get linked with, And an even bigger chuckle at the gullable one's that actually believe we can sign players like Alexander.

mrdependable
26-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Id like to think that the younger players are on our radar. A couple of years playing regular SPL football and then get their move down South could suit both parties.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah but the likes of Ness Little or Hutton are not exactly going to get a transfer down England so what's wrong with us thinking about them as signing targets

I said in the ilk of Alexander or Naismith..

But even the names you mention above still would command much more in wages than what hibs can afford .

SGHIBEE
26-06-2012, 08:56 PM
We will be signin players:agree: Just not players that can get so much more than what we can pay from A.N Other..

Don't get me wrong tho, I do have a good chuckle at the players we get linked with, And an even bigger chuckle at the gullable one's that actually believe we can sign players like Alexander.

I agree we get linked with some belters but my original point still stands regarding the rangers younger players. I agree with the unlikelyhood of Alexander, Davis or aluko ever wanting to come to Hibs for a pittance

Franck is God
27-06-2012, 11:32 AM

The fringe players like Ness, McCabe & Hutton will be on the same as our own young players. If and when they cement a place in the first team they will be awarded a new deal but until then they are just prospects. I think the bumber contract they gave Fleck a few years ago made them wary of offering too much before ability had even been proven at a decent level.

The only players at Rangers that we couldn't match wages for are the ones that they paid actual money for or are fully established in the first team so are paid apropriately for their position.

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 11:50 AM
The fringe players like Ness, McCabe & Hutton will be on the same as our own young players. If and when they cement a place in the first team they will be awarded a new deal but until then they are just prospects. I think the bumber contract they gave Fleck a few years ago made them wary of offering too much before ability had even been proven at a decent level.

The only players at Rangers that we couldn't match wages for are the ones that they paid actual money for or are fully established in the first team so are paid apropriately for their position.

Never in time, who on earth tells you these things?

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Nonsense, they are (or more accurately were) on pretty good money, in some cases more than first team money in other SPL clubs. That's why most OF youth players are reluctant to leave, unless it's just a loan.

heretoday
27-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Given that money seems to be their master I'd say it's unlikely we'll see any of them at ER. Tynie more like.

Franck is God
27-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Never in time, who on earth tells you these things?

Who tells you otherwise?

Why would Rangers or Celtic pay over the odds for youth players until they have established themselves as first team players. Once they have shown that they are worth a long term deal I am sure they will be well paid for it and at that point other SPL sides have no chance of matching wages but up until that point we will all be similar.

They are simply big clubs not charities. I remember an article written about the time that Scott Brown went to Celtic and was given a contract worth £25k per week and that Darren O'Dea who had earlier that season played in the Champions league at the San Siro was annoyed at being on £900 per week.

Long Time Hibee
27-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Who tells you otherwise?

Why would Rangers or Celtic pay over the odds for youth players until they have established themselves as first team players. Once they have shown that they are worth a long term deal I am sure they will be well paid for it and at that point other SPL sides have no chance of matching wages but up until that point we will all be similar.

They are simply big clubs not charities. I remember an article written about the time that Scott Brown went to Celtic and was given a contract worth £25k per week and that Darren O'Dea who had earlier that season played in the Champions league at the San Siro was annoyed at being on £900 per week.

I would think this is correct. Didn't the boy MacMillan join Dunfermline from the Huns in order to guarantee 1st team football every week? I doubt that Dunfermline would be paying him huge money?

Sylar
27-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Alexander's wages were rumoured to be in the vicinity of £20k p/w, were they not? (This might well be wrong, but it's in my the back of my mind somewhere!)

McCulloch has already said he won't leave Rangers and Fleck already has clubs looking at him down south, but certainly the likes of Hutton, Ness, McCabe and Little shouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility.

Ness, McCabe and/or Little would certainly add some quality to our team

virtualhibby
27-06-2012, 06:18 PM
You have to factor in that to pay the equivelant of £20k per week in rangers dollars, would cost the new team nearer £30k per week because you have to add tax.

O:-)

jdships
27-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Who tells you otherwise?

:thumbsup:
Exactly !
I know of two "OLD" RFC under 19's , through my Hibs lads, and they were on around £400 a week .
Re where RFC players will go .
These guys are now "free agents" many of them worth £500,000/£3,000,000.
They, or their agent , can knock on the door of any EPL/Championship club and ask for 50% of their transfer value as a signing on fee and the club gets a bargain and the player can buy a house

And they all lived happily ever after !!!:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Who tells you otherwise?

Came from the players.

When Scotland under 19s were playing in the European Championships in England three the Hibs players involved were getting about a tenth of the wages the Rangers players were getting. At one point a Rangers player (Stirling) told Fleck to shut up about money as it wasn't fair on the rest of the players to hear about it.

When they turned up for squad training the Rangers players were turning up in brand new cars whilst others were driving ordinary wee cars that probably exhausted their wages. Rangers had around six players in that squad and at the time only Fleck had played for the first team.

As an aside Hearts youths were also earning multiples of ours.

When Darren O'Dea was earning £900 a week our laddies at East Mains were earning £100 a week in their first season.

Some Rangers laddies were getting in excess of £10000 signing on fees and salaries of over £1000 a week

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 06:59 PM
:thumbsup:
Exactly !
I know of two "OLD" RFC under 19's , through my Hibs lads, and they were on around £400 a week .Re where RFC players will go .
These guys are now "free agents" many of them worth £500,000/£3,000,000.
They, or their agent , can knock on the door of any EPL/Championship club and ask for 50% of their transfer value as a signing on fee and the club gets a bargain and the player can buy a house

And they all lived happily ever after !!!:rolleyes:

And you can bet your last that none of the Hibs under 19 players were on anything like £400 a week.

Sammy7nil
27-06-2012, 08:46 PM
And you can bet your last that none of the Hibs under 19 players were on anything like £400 a week.

Minimum weekly wage will be about £185

jdships
27-06-2012, 08:54 PM

Absolutely correct !!!
Would not be fair to quote the actual wages that my two rellies get paid ( that is their business alone ) !!
If any of the U 19's at Ibrox were on £1000 a week wage it was no more than two or three at most .
The two lads I met were as I say on £ 400 plus extra's and one of them as a 16 year old was paid a £1500 signing on fee .
Only place you will find £10000 signing on fees , for 15/17 year old's is in the top half of EPL .
Have never come across a one off payment of that size in Scotland .
Yes payments are made as a youngster progresses " up the ladder" and can reach around that figure over three/four years
Am not that closely involved in football this last year and things can change !!!

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Minimum weekly wage will be about £185

I think you will find the minimum weekly wage only kicks in when a person is 18yo.

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Absolutely correct !!!
Would not be fair to quote the actual wages that my two rellies get paid ( that is their business alone ) !!If any of the U 19's at Ibrox were on £1000 a week wage it was no more than two or three at most .
The two lads I met were as I say on £ 400 plus extra's and one of them as a 16 year old was paid a £1500 signing on fee .
Only place you will find £10000 signing on fees , for 15/17 year old's is in the top half of EPL .
Have never come across a one off payment of that size in Scotland .
Yes payments are made as a youngster progresses " up the ladder" and can reach around that figure over three/four years
Am not that closely involved in football this last year and things can change !!!

100% agree, that is why I never named players or exact amounts.

I agree that only a few of the huns 19s would be earning £1000 a week and in the team that I was referring to it didn't take a lot of working out.

However McCabe and Ness have played several times for the first team (even against Celtic from memory) and without knowing for fact I would suspect that they were earning more than any Hibs player last season.

I don't think we have a chance of landing either and am pretty sure their agents will have them fixed up with clubs already.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I had actually heard a couple weeks ago that we were looking to sign Jamie Ness, any truth in this?

scoopyboy
27-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I had actually heard a couple weeks ago that we were looking to sign Jamie Ness, any truth in this?

I hadn't heard anything about that, that doesn't mean it isn't true however.

I would find it quite amusing however if it was right and a sign of the times.

Rangers had been chasing Scott Smith for a couple of seasons and I'm pretty sure Ross Caldwell would have been at Ibrox next season if it hadn't went diddlies up for the cream buns.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I hadn't heard anything about that, that doesn't mean it isn't true however.

I would find it quite amusing however if it was right and a sign of the times.

Rangers had been chasing Scott Smith for a couple of seasons and I'm pretty sure Ross Caldwell would have been at Ibrox next season if it hadn't went diddlies up for the cream buns.

Would be great Scoopyboy. Really rate Ness!

danhibees1875
27-06-2012, 11:16 PM
As my second name is Ness and I have it printed on the back of Hibs tops as it is then it would be a really conveniant signing for me. :greengrin

frazeHFC
27-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Stoke City are after Jamie Ness, so not got any hopes up for him coming.

Pete
28-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Don't want any of these young rangers players and I don't care how good they are.
They'll act like big time charlies and will hide when the going gets tough. They will consider a move here a step down and I'd prefer youngsters to play for us for whom hibs is their biggest gig yet and they feel they have something to prove.
Some of them might well prove to be great investments but its too big a risk spending a sizable chunk of our small budget on youngsters like that. Remember, they've proved nothing yet.

Say no to sevco rejects!

Edit: I mean rangers FC rejects.

Iceman1875
28-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Jamie ness has signed for Stoke today - 4 year deal

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Jamie ness has signed for Stoke today - 4 year deal

Feel rather foolish now :greengrin

_hucks_
29-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Don't know why people think it so unlikely that we could sign Alexander - it's surely no different to landing Mark Brown?

Steve-O
30-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Don't know why people think it so unlikely that we could sign Alexander - it's surely no different to landing Mark Brown?

Indeed. However, I just read that Alexander is now staying on at Sevco :agree:

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 08:34 AM

In Alexander's case it would be wages that would be the stumbling block.

Has a year left on his contract earning big bucks so he won't come to us for a lot less.

Next close season could be different though.

muirhousehibby
30-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I think you will find the minimum weekly wage only kicks in when a person is 18yo.

yeah that sounds about right m8

Aberdeen Fc u17s full time get £200 a week.

Livingston Fc get £60 a week

HibsMax
30-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Let people dream, Grinch. ;)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?actv4a

NOLA
30-06-2012, 05:11 PM
no. wages

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 05:16 PM
no. wages

Nothing to do with the thread Lupo but George Best is sporting a bottle green top in your avatar.

Pretty much the same colour as the new top.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Nothing to do with the thread Lupo but George Best is sporting a bottle green top in your avatar.

Pretty much the same colour as the new top.

Trick of the light.
You and I are similarly aged Scoopy. You don't belive our colour was bottle green then do you? I remember it very differently......

scoopyboy
30-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Trick of the light.
You and I are similarly aged Scoopy. You don't belive our colour was bottle green then do you? I remember it very differently......

I didn't to be honest.

Now I'm not so sure.

I'm sure there are you tube clips of that era that might "shed some light" on the matter.

Squealing pig
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM

21 mate