PDA

View Full Version : Urgent How do we fill a £250k hole?

matty_f
26-06-2012, 07:55 AM
According to the EEN, Hibs will be £250k down if/when the SPL vote goes against Sevco.

We're already massively stretched in terms of finances (£800k loss last year, another loss expected this year).

The club needs to find at least £250k to cover otherwise we're looking at some severely hard times, worse potentially than we've had in the last two years.

We need to do something about it, and do it now.

What can we/you do to help the club bridge that gap? Do we have it in us as a support to rally round for the club again at a time when it desperately needs us to?

ahibby
26-06-2012, 08:00 AM
According to the EEN, Hibs will be £250k down if/when the SPL vote goes against Sevco.

We're already massively stretched in terms of finances (£800k loss last year, another loss expected this year).

The club needs to find at least £250k to cover otherwise we're looking at some severely hard times, worse potentially than we've had in the last two years.

What can we/you do to help the club bridge that gap? Do we have it in us as a support to rally round for the club again at a time when it desperately needs us to?

Stick some cash on Germany to win the European. Send your stick ons to Hibs for all horse races and other betting competitions for starters.

Last Minute
26-06-2012, 08:04 AM
What about the semi final and the Final Money

Mon Dieu4
26-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Play better football, maybe very simplistic but £250k works out at about 530 odd people extra at each home game, with better football on show and a higher league position its not an impossible ask, if even a few of the alienated fans came back id say it is infact pretty simple

GreenPJ
26-06-2012, 08:08 AM

The players start to win and put on entertaining football, the club identify 10 home games where they reduced ticket prices to £15, supporters encourage their mates to come to these games at reduced prices (1100 at each of these 10 games will do it) in the hope that they enjoy it and start to come to more than just the reduced games. To compensate season ticket holders for the reduced prices the clubs sends out vouchers for the club shop that encourages people to spend. :greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
26-06-2012, 08:11 AM
The Sol Bamba sell on clause raises another £70k.
'Mutually consenting' Fife Hyland saves a reported £80k, now if only our other three paid directors could survive on a pittance of £1000 per week each then we would have saved £240k if the figures are to be believed.

This should be a godsend to Hibs given that other clubs are not in a position to make these types of savings without affecting their squads.

If we can increase the crowds by playing some decent/winning football then the only way is up.

Steve-O
26-06-2012, 08:11 AM
25,000 of us donate a tenner = easy :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
26-06-2012, 08:12 AM

617 adult season tickets.

Squealing pig
26-06-2012, 08:15 AM

after cup final donation?

StevieC
26-06-2012, 08:16 AM
It's been suggested on another thread to make the two Club 12 home games a "No to Newco" day.

All supporters pitch in and try and get friends, family, lapsed supporters along for these games. Season ticket holders, that can afford it, pay at the gate.

With the right amount of committment, and if it's promoted well, an extra 6-7,000 paying customers at these games would make up that £250k shortfall.

Deek01
26-06-2012, 08:16 AM
What about the unplanned sell on money we were meant to get from the bamba sale?

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm pledging £25 over and above what I'd normally spend on Hibs in a season.

Steve20
26-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Put a decent team on the pitch. You can't expect fans to make up the £250k hole and still watch the same level of rubbish that we've had to put up with for the last couple of years.

steakbake
26-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Put a decent team on the pitch. You can't expect fans to make up the £250k hole and still watch the same level of rubbish that we've had to put up with for the last couple of years.

Partly this - this is the first step.

Also, ensuring that people show up for the games in good numbers. I like the idea of the Club 12 fixture at ER being a like the Green Day. Let's get people along. It might be there's a few freebies but with a more competitive league competition, some incentives from the club which might cost in the short term but gain in the medium to long and last but very much not least, a renewed and committed team on the park, I think the hole might be filled a lot more easily than might first appear.

StevieC
26-06-2012, 08:29 AM

As much as the poor football has irked me over the last few years, this episode is beyond the team on the park. I feel we have to put aside what we've had to watch and try and concentrate on the problem in hand, and how we as a club can help support our board in their efforts to ensure that we move in the right direction .. without crippling the club.

Bighoose
26-06-2012, 08:30 AM
A simple donation and in return you get a Hibs tee-shirt with printed on the front .... "I happily paid £XXX to get rid of Rangers. And it was worth every penny"

Steve20
26-06-2012, 08:36 AM
As much as the poor football has irked me over the last few years, this episode is beyond the team on the park. I feel we have to put aside what we've had to watch and try and concentrate on the problem in hand, and how we as a club can help support our board in their efforts to ensure that we move in the right direction .. without crippling the club.

I think the fans have backed the club in previous years, but haven't got anything back from the board other than failed managers and a revolving door of players. This was the summer that the board needed to show the Hibs support that they are serious about getting it right on the pitch. Another season of the same type of football will result in season ticket sales being even lower next summer and then we would be in big trouble.

Voting against Rangers getting into the SPL has put less pressure on the board this summer from the majority of Hibs supporters, but that will only last so long.

justlikebrazil
26-06-2012, 08:39 AM
It's easy everyone buy a pie every home game job done!!! :-D

ForeverGreen
26-06-2012, 08:42 AM
If we can get a decent team on the park next season that is getting results and pushing for top 4 then the fans will flood back in which will easily compensate for the loss of sevco next season... A goo league finish will also bring in more money. Thankfully in comparison to other clubs we are fortunate enough that we have the bank ballance to take a years hit. With every other team struggling financially I think this is the time for us to step it up a bit that 2nd place spot is anyones who wants it.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 08:42 AM
A simple donation and in return you get a Hibs tee-shirt with printed on the front .... "I happily paid £XXX to get rid of Rangers. And it was worth every penny"

Thats a good start.

Increase income or reduce outgoings is the simple answer. However I think Rod made his decision knowing that the season on the back of a cup final we have inreased season tickets. The current situation may also encourage a few more season tickets to be sold?

gegs70
26-06-2012, 08:47 AM
oh and yes put an entertaining team on the park with a constant stream of talented players supported and learning from experienced players on the park!

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Thats a good start.

Increase income or reduce outgoings is the simple answer. However I think Rod made his decision knowing that the season on the back of a cup final we have inreased season tickets. The current situation may also encourage a few more season tickets to be sold?
We have not gained more STs from the Cup Final than we have lost/not renewed - source: Scott Lindsay.

Andy74
26-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Is there not a pile of people who were ready to buy season tickets if Rangers were chucked out?

I'd also happily save the wages currently spent on the likes of Scott and Galbraith who were never near squads anyway.

Prawn Sandwich
26-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Partially, by having a reduced Policing and Stewarding costs to control the brainless cretins who would normally populate the south stand when the great unwashed visit.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:01 AM
We have not gained more STs from the Cup Final than we have lost/not renewed - source: Scott Lindsay.

Ok we will have brought new or lapsed season ticket holders who were wanting to secureva cup final ticket. Perhaps some season ticket holders are waiting to see what encouragement they get from the
tranfer market?

Jim44

Elementary economics. Offer an inferior product, nobody's willing to buy. Offer quality and value for money, Bob's your uncle. Simples.

cocopops1875
What about the semi final and the Final Money

What about it ? Please tell me you don't believe that we did ok financially due to a cup run ? At best its plugged what may have been a massive hole

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Ok we will have brought new or lapsed season ticket holders who were wanting to secureva cup final ticket. Perhaps some season ticket holders are waiting to see what encouragement they get from the
tranfer market?

We didn't though. We lost 2,000 of them.

hibs0666
26-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Pray that Wolves sell Fletcher on for at least £5 million.

jonty
26-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Put pay-per-click adverts on the official website. Not pay-per-impression, or they'd only cover the first £5

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 09:07 AM
tranfer market?

we are down on season tickets so regardless of how many we brought back we have lost more. Transfer budget relates to ST sales so if we wait to see who we bring in before committing to a ST we are unlikely to be impressed by the quality of signing

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:09 AM
What about it ? Please tell me you don't believe that we did ok financially due to a cup run ? At best its plugged what may have been a massive hole

I agree saved us from a massive loss...
would have been better financially had we won ....

I thought we would have increased season tickets due to the way we sold cup final tickets.....but prev poster have corrected me? We need to be a little slicker with the way we use our youth academy they need more 1st team game time working with better older experienced professionals to help them become better players.

keep the faith
26-06-2012, 09:10 AM

Yep. i would do this.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:18 AM
we are down on season tickets so regardless of how many we brought back we have lost more. Transfer budget relates to ST sales so if we wait to see who we bring in before committing to a ST we are unlikely to be impressed by the quality of signing

So bottom line is we are down on season tickets....and we are unlikely to encourage anymore sales of season tickets. People will pick and choose games but if product aint there attendance will drop...if results and product is good you may see an increase on half season tickets? I suppose we cant blame fans for feeling that way....its been 1 disappointment after another no one will pay 20+ quid for rubbish. "If you want entertainment...go to the pictures - source Bobby Williamson"

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Yep. i would do this.

me too...

StevieC
26-06-2012, 09:20 AM
It's easy everyone buy a pie every home game job done!!! :-D

Pie money goes to the catering company.

scoopyboy
26-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Agree 100%.

Getting to either the semi of League Cup or Scottish Cup would cover it easily.

Easiest way to get Hibs fans through the turnstiles is put a team on the pitch.

StevieC
26-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Is there not a pile of people who were ready to buy season tickets if Rangers were chucked out?

I made a decision (well before the cup final) that, for the first time in 12 years, I wouldn't be renewing this year.

The Rangers situation was either going to enforce that decision or spur me into changing my mind.

If Newco are in Division 3 (or not playing football at all) then my faith in Scottish football may well be restored enough for me to do a u-turn on my decision.

matty_f
26-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Dunno if you were being serious, but would people consider contributing into a fund set up specifically to fund the difference? I don't see how this couldn't be done, and it would be fairly low cost to do.

617 adult season tickets.

:thumbsup: Without a doubt. We need more fans to support the club financially through season ticket purchases. The £250k void is filled quickly if people buy season tickets.

after cup final donation?

What cup final donation?

It's been suggested on another thread to make the two Club 12 home games a "No to Newco" day.

All supporters pitch in and try and get friends, family, lapsed supporters along for these games. Season ticket holders, that can afford it, pay at the gate.

With the right amount of committment, and if it's promoted well, an extra 6-7,000 paying customers at these games would make up that £250k shortfall.

This is a great idea as well. Fantastic. :agree:

I guess it's much harder to get a decent team on the pitch when you're £250k down on a financial year that brought about a £800k loss...

:top marks:

Would suspect this would need to be a supporter-led initiative, but something like that could work. Maybe needs a more catchy slogan though!

Hibbyradge
26-06-2012, 09:33 AM

I've not read anyone say that.

I have consistently said that I will buy a season ticket if Newco start again in Division 3.

If there's a fudge, I'll give up.

down-the-slope
26-06-2012, 09:33 AM

I like a party :greengrin Good day for Dnipro bucket collection as well

If Club 12 ends up being Dundee they will bring 1500-2500 the short trip down particularly if we make it cheaper for them too (free kid with adult is way to go rather than just cheap adults)

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I've not read anyone say that.

I have consistently said that I will buy a season ticket if Newco start again in Division 3.

If there's a fudge, I'll give up.

I've read several people say it yet the circumstance seem to change.

Hibs play in the SPL not the SFL. Why would whatever decision the SFL make now have any effect on what you do?

Gatecrasher
26-06-2012, 09:36 AM
So as a STH who has already renewed and buying both tops, what do you suggest I do? Perhaps a help our club PayPal fund?

Speedy
26-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not convinced we would be £250k down...unless it's taking into account the people that won't come back if they are voted in to the SPL?

WHUHibs
26-06-2012, 09:39 AM
It is quite simple reduce costs and increase revenues,,,however, if it was that simple then all clubs would be in profit.

Football is an emotive game that drives the income, without spending on the product then the income drops as does the entertainment. There is virtually no other business like it.

There are many ways to increase income as reducing costs will be difficult.

Hibs have always been innovators, we now need to start clever planning and quick income streams.

We can all sit back and say we need a better product before we invest but the reality is if we don't invest our money and time to HIbs we will rely on luck of producing talent to sell on and that might not happen for a very long time.

A successful team will generate cash,,,and we need to invest. However, rod won't get such an easy ride next time when supporters will want money ring fenced for the team so the product on the pitch will be what we are looking for.

2012 will be a time for change and hopefully we will have a strategy to protect the club for many years to come!

WHUHibs
26-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I've read several people say it yet the circumstance seem to change.

Hibs play in the SPL not the SFL. Why would whatever decision the SFL make now have any effect on what you do?
:top marks

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:42 AM
So as a STH who has already renewed and buying both tops, what do you suggest I do? Perhaps a help our club PayPal fund?

Nothing wrong with the suggestion but I doubt enough would follow through for it to be worth it. it's also not sustainable income.

It's those that don't renew, pay at gate or buy merchandise currently who are the key. We need more of them to come back.

Accepting of course that on the pitch we haven't given them any encouragement recently. We do need people to try and draw a line under that though and try and encourage the future to be better. We can only do that by being able give the manager the cash to bring players in to make a difference. We can't do that though if everyone sits back and waits for it to happen without being part of it.

There's an opportunity here to be a key part of a more competitive league and cup set up At least other than first place in the SPL.

johnrebus
26-06-2012, 09:44 AM
So, who said we are down on season tickets?

The club?

Someone who works in the club?

The jannie?

:confused:

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:45 AM
encourage other teams fans to turn up to fill the away end. More Hibs kids days or family fun days? Just a suggestion? A bbq and beer tent gala day....

matty_f
26-06-2012, 09:46 AM

The club?

The jannie?

Scott Lindsay.

leither17
26-06-2012, 09:46 AM

Did we not get a slice of the transfer from burnley to wolves? Don't think we are due any more

Monts
26-06-2012, 09:47 AM

The club?

The jannie?

Jack
26-06-2012, 09:51 AM
617 season tickets to make up the difference but its already been made known we’re 2,000 down :panic:

One of the guys on the fundraising bit of the supporters groups has come up with a great idea that I think would make up some of the shortfall, I hope it works. It will give all fans of the Club at home, far away and even further away, even the furthest away to contribute to the Club.

I thought I had thought about it but he's thought about it first :doh:

Anyway, get a decent squad together; get a decent string of results together and the support will return. We have only had one decent cup run in the last 5 years so doing well in the cup with our cup expert manager would also help.

Come on Pat, you're the man :pfgwa

gegs70
26-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Did we not get a slice of the transfer from burnley to wolves? Don't think we are due any more

Nope wont be due anything from fletcher moving anywhere but due something from bamba sale if EEN article was correct?

StevieC
26-06-2012, 09:58 AM

That depends on how the SFL reach their decision.

There is talk at the moment of the SPL offering them sweeteners if they let them into the 1st Division. If that happens that it is very much an SPL led cop-out, and as such the SPL teams that initiated it would have to face the fan backlash.

johnrebus
26-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Scott Lindsay.

Blooming heck, never saw this.

If this is true and we are 2000 season tickets down on the back of the cup final euphoria then that is bad.

Very bad.

:shocked:

:panic:

green glory
26-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Is this 2000 down on last season? I thought we'd sold a lot more ST's than last season because of the final. I certainly know a few who haven't renewed for a couple of seasons until the final. There should be plenty first-timers too I would have thought.

Andy74
26-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Is this 2000 down on last season? I thought we'd sold a lot more ST's than last season because of the final. I certainly know a few who haven't renewed for a couple of seasons until the final. There should be plenty first-timers too I would have thought.

We evidently had more who didn't renew than those who bought one at the time of final tickets being offered.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Blooming heck, never saw this.

If this is true and we are 2000 season tickets down on the back of the cup final euphoria then that is bad.

Very bad.

:shocked:

:panic:

yes agree....i was in the shop a few times renewing season tickets and a lot if people were in signing up for season tickets not renewing. So I tjought would have a positive turn out if we are down on season tickets that is disastrous....

StevieC
26-06-2012, 10:16 AM

I was told that new season ticket sales for the purposes of a cup final ticket were not as high as many might have thought.
On the back of 2-3 really poor years, a poor cup final performance and the Rangers situation it's hardly surprising that many did not renew. I get the impression that this may have been as high as 3-4k not renewing.

truehibernian
26-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I was told that new season ticket sales for the purposes of a cup final ticket were not as high as many might have thought.
On the back of 2-3 really poor years, a poor cup final performance and the Rangers situation it's hardly surprising that many did not renew. I get the impression that this may have been as high as 3-4k not renewing.

Can't argue at all that the product has been very poor this past two seasons.

However if anyone can pin down SL to put in writing that we are '2,000' down in seasons, then I'd be surprised. It's also very very unlike SL to be so 'loose lipped' - to those that say he is the source of the info - when did he say this and are you close to SL ?

In responses to me he has always been quite guarded and 'party line'.

spike220
26-06-2012, 10:24 AM
My top ideas:

1. We all pay ten quid HAT (Hun Added Tax) - oh the Irony!!!
2. We sell fund raising false taches in the Hibs shop, to all wear on match days (would make a great Pic! too)
3. We start a wee Hibs lottery or 1000 club, we all put in couple of quid and at every home game a winner is picked out of a hat at half time.
4. We sell the rights to be in the team to play club 12 to the highest bidder.
5. We buy Ibrox and turn it into a circus....wait a minute I think that has already been done!!!

zlatan
26-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Sexy car wash

gegs70
26-06-2012, 10:26 AM

However if anyone can pin down SL to put in writing that we are '2,000' down in seasons, then I'd be surprised. It's also very very unlike SL to be so 'loose lipped' - to those that say he is the source of the info - when did he say this and are you close to SL ?

It may be true regarding being down on renewing season tickets but not quite sure on the figure quoted?

spike220
26-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Touch the Tache of the Tache twenty quid a go.

johnrebus
26-06-2012, 10:28 AM

I know I will probably get battered for this, but why does Fenlon not state that Hibs will get back to playing in the manner we are - or were - famous for?

Hibs fans want to see attacking, passing football, not the eye bleeding ***** we have had to put up with for the past few years?

Pretty obvious really.......,

:tin hat:

Stevie Reid
26-06-2012, 10:28 AM
I renewed my season ticket long before the cup final place was won, and for the first time ever I will buy both home and away tops (haven't bought any kind of Hibs strip for more years than I can remember) as the 2 for 1 deal is a good and the strips (if the home is as we think it will be) are quality.

Would also happy contribute a tenner to a fund and try to rally as many people as possible to the Club 12 game.

spike220
26-06-2012, 10:29 AM
I know I will probably get battered for this, but why does Fenlon not state that Hibs will get back to playing in the manner we are - or were - famous for?

Hibs fans want to see attacking, passing football, not the eye bleeding ***** we have had to put up with for the past few years?

Pretty obvious really.......,

:tin hat:

:tumble:

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 10:30 AM

The fan forum was where he said this so assuming you take him at face value its FACT. To be fair he had to say this now as there had been chat on here throwing numbers up to 12k season tickets sold, so fans thinking we have plenty cash due to the cup final want to see it being spent. Sadly its not even half that number and we didn't make a fortune in the cup

gegs70
26-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Organise a concert at ER proclaimers...fish etc....fundraiser...prematch drinks in er...

Monts
26-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I thought he had said that 2000 had not renewed. And that the cup final uptake had not made up the shortfall?

A subtle but important difference.

johnrebus
26-06-2012, 10:32 AM
:tumble:

Nice to come up with some reasoned debate........,

If you are happy watching garbage football, then good luck.

:love ya!:

yekimevol
26-06-2012, 10:33 AM
As has already been said, put a decent squad on the pitch and people will turn up. Thus making more cash.

spike220
26-06-2012, 10:36 AM
As has already been said, put a decent squad on the pitch and people will turn up. Thus making more cash.

This is all a bit chicken and egg sounding mate!

Steve20
26-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I guess it's much harder to get a decent team on the pitch when you're £250k down on a financial year that brought about a £800k loss...

Can't keep expecting fans to fork out money on season tickets in blind faith, though.

spike220
26-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Nice to come up with some reasoned debate........,

If you are happy watching garbage football, then good luck.

:love ya!:

Never underestimate the power of tumbleweed.:greengrin

truehibernian
26-06-2012, 10:40 AM
The fan forum was where he said this so assuming you take him at face value its FACT. To be fair he had to say this now as there had been chat on here throwing numbers up to 12k season tickets sold, so fans thinking we have plenty cash due to the cup final want to see it being spent. Sadly its not even half that number and we didn't make a fortune in the cup

Cheers mate, not doubting the fact he's made comment on the subject, just goes against the grain that he'd be so precise with figures. The board are usually very guarded about such things. If we are such numbers down then it is very worrying.

johnrebus
26-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Never underestimate the power of tumbleweed.:greengrin

:tee hee:

Chuck Rhoades
26-06-2012, 10:58 AM

We aren't 2,000 down - he said 2,000 still hadn't renewed from last year and new ST that were sold did not cover the 2,000 that hadn't renewed.

We will be nowhere near 2,000 down on last year IMO.

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 11:10 AM
We aren't 2,000 down - he said 2,000 still hadn't renewed from last year and new ST that were sold did not cover the 2,000 that hadn't renewed.

Also some guess work based on a factual number of tickets sold last season, as far as I'm aware there was not an official number put on that

gegs70
26-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Aha that sounds better....and what date was this meeting?

matty_f
26-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Can't keep expecting fans to fork out money on season tickets in blind faith, though.

We pretty much have to. What else have we to go on? Fenlon's had one transfer window a couple of months into his reign with very little (if any) funds available to bring players in. He got in players that kept us up and took us to a cup final.

The club have said that every penny raised through season ticket money will go on the playing side. There is no extra money the board can invest themselves into the squad. They've cut costs on a huge level off the field to try and maximise how much Fenlon's got, but we are looking at (according to the EEN yesterday) another loss this year after an £800k loss last year, and needing to find £250k to plug the gap Rangers have left.

That's not really about blind faith any more, it's about supporting the club.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Would club benefit from finding alternative revenue streams such as city centre hotels, restaurants, up market bars not unlike wotherspoons to generate regular income rather than just football income or stadium income?

Just lookin at the bigger picture thats all?

VickMackie
26-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Would club benefit from finding alternative revenue streams such as city centre hotels, restaurants, up market bars not unlike wotherspoons to generate regular income rather than just football income or stadium income?

Just lookin at the bigger picture thats all?

Whilst it may sound like a good idea would you like hibs to shell out x hundred thousands or millions on a business instead of players?

joe breezy
26-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Yip

gegs70
26-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Whilst it may sound like a good idea would you like hibs to shell out x hundred thousands or millions on a business instead of players?

If it brings in a consistent revenue stream to allow us to increase wages and become more competitive Yes....but it was just a thought?
It would also be a good way to flog football tickets to rich tourists? Complementry tickets etc..

Monts
26-06-2012, 11:46 AM
If it brings in a consistent revenue stream to allow us to increase wages and become more competitive Yes....but it was just a thought?
It would also be a good way to flog football tickets to rich tourists? Complementry tickets etc..

Is this not what killie do with a hotel?

IIRC its the one thing thats keeping them afloat.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Is this not what killie do with a hotel?

IIRC its the one thing thats keeping them afloat.

not sure?

We are well placed for tourist trade
..festival etc but possibly a lot of competition in edinburgh?

Tom Hart RIP
26-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Aha that sounds better....and what date was this meeting?

If SL is telling truth we have a max7000 ST holders next season.
According to Hylands figures of an average of £12 per game then we have taken in approx £1.5m.
If PF gets all this money for players then it's not surprising we cant pay £3k per week for players.
At least others are in worse position.

gegs70
26-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes I know with the lost revenue teams wont want to exceed their finances and players may not want to come to teams in the Spl! Thats why we need to be smarter with the youyh policy
which has been hugely disapointing.

SloopJB
26-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm not convinced we would be £250k down...unless it's taking into account the people that won't come back if they are voted in to the SPL?
Good point.
How was that figure derived? was it by taking out the away fans for two games?
If so, any replacement for club 12 would have to be taken into account.
Would the supporters of Sevco turn up in their numbers if they were admitted to the SPL with sanctions, or simply having to sell of top earners to survive?

It's also a wake up call, we are constantly reminded that times are hard. How would any SPL club fare if another club dissolved mid season? Plan B?

muzzhfc
26-06-2012, 12:01 PM
we made over 200k at the final on tickets alone (based on 21k x £25), the board should then of said "right, we dont know where rangers will be playing next season, lets keep this unexpected cup final ticket money out of the budget. that way we can plug any gaps if they arent in the spl." that would be the sensible business model to follow surely? i know we all want to hear that the money is going on a nice new shiney squad but id rather have a club for a squad to support . . .

Gez1875
26-06-2012, 12:05 PM
its only an extra 617 season tickets which because of the cup final ballot box, i'm led to believe we have surpassed the number needed to cover for the loss for years to come......if we dont use it on players that is.....

scoopyboy
26-06-2012, 12:08 PM

I asked him if 2000 hadn't renewed but new ST holders cut into the 2000.

He looked at me and stated we were still 2000 down.

Tom Hart RIP
26-06-2012, 12:08 PM
What I don't understand is this.
If we had 7k ST holders last season and only 5k renewed then that's 12k cup final tickets.
Less than 2k got new ST which makes it 14k.
Less than 1k members which makes it up to 15k.
So where did other 5k go?
Any ideas?
Not being critical to anyone. Just wondering if anyone knows.

Greenheart
26-06-2012, 12:11 PM

How will that help they signed him from Burnley?

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 01:28 PM
we made over 200k at the final on tickets alone (based on 21k x £25), the board should then of said "right, we dont know where rangers will be playing next season, lets keep this unexpected cup final ticket money out of the budget. that way we can plug any gaps if they arent in the spl." that would be the sensible business model to follow surely? i know we all want to hear that the money is going on a nice new shiney squad but id rather have a club for a squad to support . . .
the cup final money was not free/spare money all its going to do is help square up our worst trading year in a long time

Steve20
26-06-2012, 01:40 PM
We pretty much have to. What else have we to go on? Fenlon's had one transfer window a couple of months into his reign with very little (if any) funds available to bring players in. He got in players that kept us up and took us to a cup final.

The club have said that every penny raised through season ticket money will go on the playing side. There is no extra money the board can invest themselves into the squad. They've cut costs on a huge level off the field to try and maximise how much Fenlon's got, but we are looking at (according to the EEN yesterday) another loss this year after an £800k loss last year, and needing to find £250k to plug the gap Rangers have left.

That's not really about blind faith any more, it's about supporting the club.

So if people renew again and have to watch another year of rubbish, do they just do the same every year? It's time the club was putting a product on the park to attract people back. I understand supporting the club, but they need to give something back to the fans.

This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't renewed my season ticket yet. I want to see what players are brought in first this time.

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 01:50 PM
So if people renew again and have to watch another year of rubbish, do they just do the same every year? It's time the club was putting a product on the park to attract people back. I understand supporting the club, but they need to give something back to the fans.

This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't renewed my season ticket yet. I want to see what players are brought in first this time.

As is your right mate I get it I'm on record as saying this will be my last season if there is not a feeling of improvement, will still pay at the gate but having a season book is actually losing me money these days. So get behind the team and manager one last time (if you are at that stage) let's get behind pat

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Lest we forget those three little words "Duff and Gray" :(

jgl07
26-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Lest we forget those three little words "Duff and Gray" :(

Almost as bad a combination as Duff and Phelps!

woodythehibee
26-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Great idea. If it was marketed in the right way i.e hibs say that they done what the supporters wanted and now the fans have to back the club financially by showing up in numbers. A lot of hibbys would turn up to show their appreciation of the decision

KdyHby
26-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I made a decision (well before the cup final) that, for the first time in 12 years, I wouldn't be renewing this year.

The Rangers situation was either going to enforce that decision or spur me into changing my mind.

If Newco are in Division 3 (or not playing football at all) then my faith in Scottish football may well be restored enough for me to do a u-turn on my decision.

Here too

KdyHby
26-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Given that the season ticket deal included a free extra ticket/s against the team formerly called Rangers, there's now an opportunity to rebrand seasons; and hopefully sell alot more?

muzzhfc
26-06-2012, 03:01 PM
the cup final money was not free/spare money all its going to do is help square up our worst trading year in a long time

doh. very true.

jamie-fairbairn
26-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Put a team on the pitch and aim for 2nd or 3rd to get a european place and atleast the semi finals of one of the cups, also if the fans bought one of the tops and attended as many games as we could then we should be ok. I know it's asking alot of us again and we've got nothing back in previous years but there is now alot more on offer/ at stake now

matty_f
26-06-2012, 03:22 PM

I think if it was under different circumstances then I'd agree, but the club needs support as much now as it does in the good times.

The club has given something back to the fans, it's stood up for our values and is voting 'No' to Sevco. That will cost us money.

In terms of quality, the only way we're going to see if Pat is able to give us something back is by giving him something first. He never got last season's season ticket money so we do have to have blind faith in him at this stage.

The club have to arrest this slide, and they need our help to do it. Again, you're asking for getting something back and the club are looking at as many ways as possible to improve the situation, to the point where we've got groups of fans meeting with the board to find solutions to the issues.

This is a pivotal moment in Scottish football.

As a support we can dictate how strongly Hibernain comes out of all this. We can sit back and say it's been pish so we're not spending any more (and we're entitled to do so), and watch in anger as it invariably gets worse, or we can do something about it.

I would hope that the majority of fans will realise that this is the time to step up to the plate.

S.sct
26-06-2012, 03:31 PM
The only real way to plug the gap is to get a product on the park and yes punters will return, but maybe not in the numbers you may think. As has been discussed in the past when guys stop attending they fill that gap with something else (re-commit the fitba allowy). I have only just purchased an ST for the first time since 1992 and was one of the people who stopped going every week and found something else to fill the gap.

The other issue is the current financial climate where the screws are on everybody's income. The club need to get this and offer packages that would allow an option for everybody. I've had a think about this and have come up with a wee idea -

The club could offer 3 types of membership which would offer an incentive and encourage commitment -

Gold Membership - The current season ticket which involves an upfront commitment. This option should represent the best value for money and carry the most attractive benefits.

Silver Membership - This would be the new idea. The club would offer a contract which would be set up for the first half of the season. This would be a direct debit commitment which would commit the person to every home game (from August to December). The cost could be reduced from walk up prices to say £26 for cat A and £22 for cat B. The cost of each game would be taken from your account on the day of the game so really would be the same commitment financially as walk up so would not be a big an impact on anyone who could not afford the outlay for a gold membership. There would be an option to sign up again for the second half of the season or off course encourage a half season ticket (if by the off chance we have a good product on the park).

Bronze Membership - The current membership deal which allows ease of ticket purchase with no booking fee (maybe a wee sweetener of a free match as last season)

Not sure if my so called "silver membership" would be a goer but I think the packages would present more viable options for committed income to the club. I would also suggest reducing the current cost of a kids ST to £20 - £30 rising to £50 for the so called Hibs future (get them in....)

There's also the use of the stadium, don't know if the club do anything in the wedding market but I think I'm right in saying that the Botanic Gardens offer a package for £5000 for everything (ceromony, meal and knees up). I'm sure this could be a nice wee earner during the summer months.

There's also the concert thing, we have only had Elton John at ER why not work on this market also (i'm sure ER would be a good mid sized stadium concert venue)

Could have gone into more detail but hate reading looooooong posts so have spared you all.

Any thoughts?

Seveno
26-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Dunno if you were being serious, but would people consider contributing into a fund set up specifically to fund the difference? I don't see how this couldn't be done, and it would be fairly low cost to do.

I'm up for that. I suggest that fans are asked for donations ranging from £10 to £50.

Kaff
26-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I manage about 4 games a season (costs about £300 for me per game taking kids, boat, hotel etc) so i'm def going to try and make 2 extra games with both kids this year. Only adds up to an extra £75-100 for Hibs but if 3000 fans have the same idea then we can cut into that shortfall.
I think this is something the club and supporters groups, forums must keep banging on about all season so the feeling of 'doing the right thing' is not forgotten, i obviously hope we're in the top 3-4 but if we hit a rough patch we've got to see this through and not let the Huns point out that we did actually need them.

Stevie Reid
26-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I think if it was under different circumstances then I'd agree, but the club needs support as much now as it does in the good times.

The club has given something back to the fans, it's stood up for our values and is voting 'No' to Sevco. That will cost us money.

In terms of quality, the only way we're going to see if Pat is able to give us something back is by giving him something first. He never got last season's season ticket money so we do have to have blind faith in him at this stage.

The club have to arrest this slide, and they need our help to do it. Again, you're asking for getting something back and the club are looking at as many ways as possible to improve the situation, to the point where we've got groups of fans meeting with the board to find solutions to the issues.

This is a pivotal moment in Scottish football.

As a support we can dictate how strongly Hibernain comes out of all this. We can sit back and say it's been pish so we're not spending any more (and we're entitled to do so), and watch in anger as it invariably gets worse, or we can do something about it.

I would hope that the majority of fans will realise that this is the time to step up to the plate.

:agree:

Wholeheartedly agree with all of your posts on this thread, Matty.

Whilst I cannot argue with anyone not renewing for next season (I gave it serious consideration myself until the PP deadline came around), this is such a crucial time for the club that I would urge anyone in a position to do so, to do it.

Given how dire we have been these last 2 seasons, and how devastating/humiliating the cup final was, we are actually in a position of relative strength given that we have spent years trying to cut our cloth accordingly and spend within our means ahead of any of our SPL competitors - we are in a much better position than a team that finished 10th and 11th in successive seasons has any right to, with regards to the size of our budget, and the opportunity afforded Pat Fenlon in relation to the scope to rebuild a very poor squad.

Whilst I would love things to be different (obviously), I do not buy my season ticket with Hibs with a view to any guarantees of good football or success - I am buying into something that will hopefully become something bigger, better and stronger over time. Whilst I cannot knock anyone for not doing similar, especially whilst watching our most hated rivals prosper from doing the exact opposite to us, this is one season where the effect of the ST money can be demonstrated more clearly than ever, not just in terms of plugging the reported £250K gap that will be left by Rangers' absence from the league, but also with regards to emphasising the size of our club within the SPL.

There are only 3 teams that have larger attendances than us in the SPL, and Rangers will no longer be in it and Hearts are finally seriously reigning in their spending after the excesses of previous years - add to that the fact that Motherwell are struggling even despite finishing in a Champions League spot, and Dundee Utd are struggling to sell tickets despite successive good league finishes and a recent SC win. History suggests that 3rd spot is up for grabs season after season in the SPL, now 2nd spot (for at least a couple of years) is - even without the CL spot, the prize money and prestige of such a finish is still extremely significant.

Fans often expect much from Hibs given the size of our club, what better way to show our size than to buy into the new opportunities presented by this sea change in Scottish football and help us prosper, possibly to whole new heights? I can completely understand anyone's reluctance to buy a season ticket given what we've had to suffer in recent years - but we cannot reach such heights without everyone who can being on board.

StevieC
26-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Given that the season ticket deal included a free extra ticket/s against the team formerly called Rangers, there's now an opportunity to rebrand seasons; and hopefully sell alot more?

I agree.

How would those that took the "early bird" incentives feel if the club were to re-introduce these incentives, given the uncertaintity surrounding Rangers?

down-the-slope
26-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree.

How would those that took the "early bird" incentives feel if the club were to re-introduce these incentives, given the uncertaintity surrounding Rangers?

delighted if it meant a bigger budget for the manager and led to a greater sense of fans being in for the fight back to respectability we all want

matty_f
26-06-2012, 04:58 PM
delighted if it meant a bigger budget for the manager and led to a greater sense of fans being in for the fight back to respectability we all want

:agree:

I took the early bird offers and couldn't care less if the offers were re-introduced to bring revenue into the club now.

Nevi1875
26-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Organise a concert at ER proclaimers...fish etc....fundraiser...prematch drinks in er...

This

virtualhibby
26-06-2012, 06:18 PM

IMHO - There are 2 issues at play. I stopped buying a ST for my son and I 2 yrs ago, in protest that Yogi was useless as a manager and Rod Petrie was ultimately responsible for recruiting a stream of crap managers and being too tight in trying to attract decent footballers. Losing out on players to lesser rivals is a continual story in his tenure. Nothing has changed, I will be back when Petrie falls on his sword or is sacked. Lets face it, the big issue is continual drop in ST is down to his decisions, in neglecting the customer for bean counting. Had the huns not provided the distraction they have since the tail end of the season / cup final, I suspect fans might have forced Petrie out for his very obvious failings. I am not about to change my mind and let Petrie continue with my financial support, however I am happy to help address the gap the 'No to Newco' decision has resulted in by Hibs voting to keep football relevant in Scotland. I'll be bringing the family on those days. Top idea.

yekimevol
26-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Surely the actual question here is how do you plug a whole of 1.05 million ? the yearly loss with the added lose of rangers.

The first step is to fix the team on the pitch. That will mean a team finishing higher in the league for next season meaning more money in the coffers and a successful team will bring more fans back to easter road.

Then the ambitious task will be getting into the europa league for a few seasons on the bounce. If we can get our euro coefficient up and attempt to get into the group stages their is some good money their as well.

VickMackie
26-06-2012, 07:53 PM
3 league placed higher will plug 250k on the current tv deal!

cocopops1875
26-06-2012, 07:55 PM
IMHO - There are 2 issues at play. I stopped buying a ST for my son and I 2 yrs ago, in protest that Yogi was useless as a manager and Rod Petrie was ultimately responsible for recruiting a stream of crap managers and being too tight in trying to attract decent footballers. Losing out on players to lesser rivals is a continual story in his tenure. Nothing has changed, I will be back when Petrie falls on his sword or is sacked. Lets face it, the big issue is continual drop in ST is down to his decisions, in neglecting the customer for bean counting. Had the huns not provided the distraction they have since the tail end of the season / cup final, I suspect fans might have forced Petrie out for his very obvious failings. I am not about to change my mind and let Petrie continue with my financial support, however I am happy to help address the gap the 'No to Newco' decision has resulted in by Hibs voting to keep football relevant in Scotland. I'll be bringing the family on those days. Top idea.

May i ask who ?

virtualhibby
26-06-2012, 11:41 PM
May i ask who ?

Do I need to? Thought it was well accepted that when another SPL club shows interest we generally lose out. Sheridan. Goodwin. John Sutton, Darren Barr, Pernis alk spring to mind.

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 12:17 AM

"We" as in the fans do something every year. We support them. We buy STs, club merchandise etc etc.

Hopefully, the club can do soemthing about it.

matty_f
27-06-2012, 12:47 AM
"We" as in the fans do something every year. We support them. We buy STs, club merchandise etc etc.

Hopefully, the club can do soemthing about it.

Some of us do.

How do you suggest the club go about doing something about it?

zlatan
27-06-2012, 12:50 AM
As per my previous post I have spoken to my mate and he is happy to help with the sexy car wash idea.

cocopops1875
27-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Do I need to? Thought it was well accepted that when another SPL club shows interest we generally lose out. Sheridan. Goodwin. John Sutton, Darren Barr, Pernis alk spring to mind.

Well yeah you kinda have to, We will start with the yams Sutton & Barr how can we offer a wage to compare with hearts (a club who offer far more than they can afford) ? Then we have Sheridan who we wanted to sign however his club only wanted to loan him and didnt even respond to Hibs offer, Goodwin I admit was a weird one however he stayed at his club as opposed to choosing an entirely new club, and finally when did we go for and lose out on Pernis?

jodjam
27-06-2012, 05:35 AM
finish higher up the league and collect more prize money would help.

Here's a daft thought. I guess it wouldn't work in these tight times but you never know.

Sell 2,500 tickets at £100 a pop or 250 @ £1000 each to local business or fans before the season starts. The winning ticket gets the south stand naming rights for the entire season. Name on all match tickets sold and name up on the stand for all to see. Would look pretty good if a fan won it, his or hers name up in lights all season.

The losers would get some mention in the programme at various points during the season.

virtualhibby
27-06-2012, 07:00 AM
You know what mate, I put things like IMHO at the start of my post specifically because it means it's my opinion / view and it kind of suggests you might think differently on this point. If you think differently then that is OK. Without trying to derail the original (well intended and constructive) post, I was trying to share why I abstain so there you go. Personally, I think we lose out when other SPL teams compete with and i'd guess iI am not alone in this view, if you think otherwise maybe pop me a list of all of the players we have signed when there has been competition from elsewhere. You have mentioned elsewhere your giving up your ST, maybe share why that is and it will help others understand why STs are in decline and what you think the issue / root of the problem is.
Lets face it, thats the bigger problem in the short term - why have 2000 ST holders not renewed.

P.S. Are you related to Petrie? You defend hin a lot. ;)

cocopops1875
27-06-2012, 07:45 AM
You know what mate, I put things like IMHO at the start of my post specifically because it means it's my opinion / view and it kind of suggests you might think differently on this point. If you think differently then that is OK. Without trying to derail the original (well intended and constructive) post, I was trying to share why I abstain so there you go. Personally, I think we lose out when other SPL teams compete with and i'd guess iI am not alone in this view, if you think otherwise maybe pop me a list of all of the players we have signed when there has been competition from elsewhere. You have mentioned elsewhere your giving up your ST, maybe share why that is and it will help others understand why STs are in decline and what you think the issue / root of the problem is.
Lets face it, thats the bigger problem in the short term - why have 2000 ST holders not renewed.

P.S. Are you related to Petrie? You defend hin a lot. ;)
I did explain my reasons for considering giving up my ST I don't get value for money from it these days ( some would suggest nobody does) as I will on average miss 4 games per year due to other commitments, but if I felt the money was funding great things I would continue. As for my defence of the tash I'm of the opinion he does a good job for the club however its not my opinion that counts its sir toms ;-). As for players we have beaten someone to I look no further than our latest signing and Claros, we have signed plenty players from "off the radar" Big Garry for example so hardly fair to suggest that we are losing out. As I have said many times people trot out myths and paper chat as fact and from what I read you named Barr and Sutton so I ask would you have gone head to head with hearts on money ?

DH1875
27-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Is £250k not for two games though? We only had one home game against them last season so is that not about £125k :confused:. I'd imagine I'm right cause if it were only one, the headline/story of £500k would be slightly more worrying. So take off the extra cost of things like police/stewards compared to a Cat B game and it's more like £100k. An extra cup game, finish higher in league or European place will off set that so what's the worry, what's urgent :confused:.

Have we not sold something like 12k ST's for next season because of the cup final tickets :devil:.

Big Frank
27-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Some of us do.

How do you suggest the club go about doing something about it?

How would you suggest they do something about it ?

Hibernian have been rank rotten for gong on 25years bar a short respite in the sauzee years and mowbrays kids. Other than this, pretty much, we have been gash.

The fans haven't. The fans have been great. There is non out there like us.

Out of the 4 main teams in Scotland (now 3 :greengrin), by a country mile we have suffered the most. Yet we support our club. And in numbers.

The club need to start operating, em like a football club. Like it or lump it we are in a ***** state as we have pumped the family silver since 2007 - old story so non more needs to be said.- Get a team, or be seen trying, and Hibernians fans will fall in love all over again.

As has been stated in this thread, the sort "shortfall" money from the huns can be made up by Hibernian quite easily. (money for bamba, internal non player staff changes.... whisper it STF...)

There is no quick answer here Matty, but whatever is needed for solutions - it MUST be driven by the club.

I say a huge well done to all Hibernian supporters, those who go home and away, ST holders, walk ups, a few times a year, or only when they can afford it fans for putting up with what they have to.

matty_f
27-06-2012, 02:22 PM
How would you suggest they do something about it ?

Hibernian have been rank rotten for gong on 25years bar a short respite in the sauzee years and mowbrays kids. Other than this, pretty much, we have been gash.

The fans haven't. The fans have been great. There is non out there like us.

Out of the 4 main teams in Scotland (now 3 :greengrin), by a country mile we have suffered the most. Yet we support our club. And in numbers.

The club need to start operating, em like a football club. Like it or lump it we are in a ***** state as we have pumped the family silver since 2007 - old story so non more needs to be said.- Get a team, or be seen trying, and Hibernians fans will fall in love all over again.

As has been stated in this thread, the sort "shortfall" money from the huns can be made up by Hibernian quite easily. (money for bamba, internal non player staff changes.... whisper it STF...)

There is no quick answer here Matty, but whatever is needed for solutions - it MUST be driven by the club.

I say a huge well done to all Hibernian supporters, those who go home and away, ST holders, walk ups, a few times a year, or only when they can afford it fans for putting up with what they have to.

The club are doing something about it, and have tried to do something about it for some time. Every penny that's come in on season tickets has gone to the manager for the playing squad for many years now, and our wage/turnover percentage is higher than recommended. We had an £800k loss in last year's accounts because a)income was down and b) the Board backed the manager.

Some of our support have been terrific, others have turned their backs. Where are the fans that were here under Mowbray? How terrific have they been? They want the club to do more with less.

And the club are driving improvement, as much as they can with the resource that they've got, and they're getting help from supporters to drive it further, but like it or not the task is made significantly more difficult when folk won't back the club financially.

And yes, a huge well done to the fans who go home and away, ST holders, walk ups, a few times a year, or only when they can afford it fans for putting up with what they have to. They deserve better.

As for the shortfall being made up easily, it's a simplistic view to think it's only £250k to be covered. I used that figure in the thread title because it was quoted in the EEN and was topical, but we should also consider that the club made a significant loss, and is likely to report a further loss this year despite a cup run and significant costs savings.

Edit - Pat sums up my point much better than I can, here : http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120627/a-message-to-all-hibernian-supporters_2262950_2561148

virtualhibby
27-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I did explain my reasons for considering giving up my ST I don't get value for money from it these days ( some would suggest nobody does) as I will on average miss 4 games per year due to other commitments, but if I felt the money was funding great things I would continue. As for my defence of the tash I'm of the opinion he does a good job for the club however its not my opinion that counts its sir toms ;-). As for players we have beaten someone to I look no further than our latest signing and Claros, we have signed plenty players from "off the radar" Big Garry for example so hardly fair to suggest that we are losing out. As I have said many times people trot out myths and paper chat as fact and from what I read you named Barr and Sutton so I ask would you have gone head to head with hearts on money ?

I grant you we got Claros from under the nose of the huns, whether they had money at the time to sign him is a different question. We signed him on loan 2 weeks before the administration day. Not been a particularly good signing from what I hear and an ex player re-signing doesnt count!

I have no idea on the salary difference for Barr and Sutton if playing for Hibs or them. Doesn't change the facts that we wanted to sign them and lost out tho. I'd prefer Hibs to live a bit more dangerously in the xfer market personally and spend more. If you pay peanuts, the only way you will get good signings and not monkeys is through a good manger that can spot and attract young / emerging talent. Petries record is pash there too. Petrie seems to be the decision maker on Managers and funding signings. In any other industry I think he would be seen as a failure and sacked long ago..**** signings, **** managers, **** mustache, neatly stacked beans. But we are way off topic now. I am away for a pint.

Albion Hibs
27-06-2012, 04:48 PM
There was plenty of people on here saying they would never again go to easter road if we voted to keep rangers, I am sure more than a few dont often turn up at Easter Road, perhaps if they came back to support hibs, on the back of the club supporting the views of its supporters then we would cover off any financial loss.

Sunny1875
27-06-2012, 05:40 PM
We could bury the carcas of Rangers in it

cocopops1875
27-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I grant you we got Claros from under the nose of the huns, whether they had money at the time to sign him is a different question. We signed him on loan 2 weeks before the administration day. Not been a particularly good signing from what I hear and an ex player re-signing doesnt count! Why Have you only heard this ? and who makes the rules about what counts ?:aok:

I have no idea on the salary difference for Barr and Sutton if playing for Hibs or them. Doesn't change the facts that we wanted to sign them and lost out thoBut surely if our valuation of a player is say £2000 a week then thats what we offer ? why offer bigger money just because hahahearts do?. I'd prefer Hibs to live a bit more dangerously in the xfer market More dangerously than signing ed de graff ?personally and spend more. If you pay peanuts, the only way you will get good signings and not monkeys is through a good manger that can spot and attract young / emerging talent. Petries record is pash there too. Petrie seems to be the decision maker on Managers and funding signingsIt does seem that he is the decision maker yes, my contention is that hibs signing a manager is always gonna be a gamble, a throw of the dice if you will sadly its not worked of late but again i ask you who would you have given the job to that would assure you of results ?. In any other industry I think he would be seen as a failure and sacked long agoNot if he was the owners choice of MD ..**** signings, **** managers, **** mustacheI object its a crackin mouser , neatly stacked beans. But we are way off topic now. I am away for a pint.Enjoy :greengrin :cb

Phil MaGlass
04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
How about a Hibs v Hearts game played at Murrayfield in the middle of October (since theres a 4 month gap between derbies).Call it the Edinburgh friendly cup or something just as naff. Make it a family day and charge 15 quid for adults, let the kids meet the players, have a live band or two, have a Hibs v Hearts select play first, 20 mins each way. The fans showed it could be done at Hampden, why not Murrayfield?
We could in scotland make it Scottish Derby Day, Dundee v D.Utd. etc. All gate receipts and money raised 50/50.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm off to use my 2 for 1 top voucher tomorrow. Home top for me and away strip for one of my boys. Money Hibs wouldn't have got if they had voted yes.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 03:17 PM
How about a Hibs v Hearts game played at Murrayfield in the middle of October (since theres a 4 month gap between derbies).Call it the Edinburgh friendly cup or something just as naff. Make it a family day and charge 15 quid for adults, let the kids meet the players, have a live band or two, have a Hibs v Hearts select play first, 20 mins each way. The fans showed it could be done at Hampden, why not Murrayfield?
We could in scotland make it Scottish Derby Day, Dundee v D.Utd. etc. All gate receipts and money raised 50/50.

Its a decent idea, huntic play friendlies to raise money why cant we? Not sure about the bands, but even if its a resurrection of the east of scotland shield for the 1st team it could be a winner?

Mikey
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm sure I'll get plenty stick for this as I have in the past, but how's about people just go to the home games?

goosefat
04-07-2012, 03:59 PM
We could just not bother paying our tax bill for the next few years.

It'll be alright...:crazy:

BEEJ
04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
The club have said that every penny raised through season ticket money will go on the playing side.
This is the nub of the problem, Matty. Whereas in previous seasons it was all ticket sales at ER that went into the Manager's budget, this season it's just the season ticket money that is being factored in.

Given the uncertainties in the game the Board are unwilling to make any budget allowance for walk-up ticket sales. And specifically, through the figure you're highlighting, they're focussed on the loss of two away-end sell-out fixtures in season 2012/13.

Now in my case the purchase of a season ticket has just not been practical for a few years now. There are other competing demands on my time, I find it hard to make fixtures with kick-off times other than on a Saturday or a mid-week evening. I also have to factor in the travel involved.

So I'll get to some home fixtures and a few away matches; but a season ticket just isn't worth it. I think there will be a number of supporters in the same boat. We know we will be spending money at the club through the 2012/13 season but our contribution no longer factors into the Manager's budget becuase it's not money up front.

So here's my suggestion. It's along the lines of S.sct's post earlier in this thread but to my mind an even more attractive proposition for folks in my situation.

The club should enable supporters to purchase pre-paid Hibs expenditure cards for the 2012/13 season. Main points of the scheme:

would be available to purchase in £50, £100, £150, £200 or £250 values
funds can be drawn down for spend on tickets for matches at ER;
funds can also be drawn down for the purchase of merchandise at the club shop or online
fund balances remaining on any cards by the end of May 2013 are lost to the card-holder and retained by the club
use it or lose it basis.

This way people are enabled to commit up front in a practical way to the club in the way that they believe they best can. Most important - the club is guaranteed the income up front. That risk is removed.

So if, for example, someone can comfortably commit pre-season to attending six home fixtures and the purchase of two Hibs shirts from the new kit, they could purchase a £200 pre-paid Hibs card for season 2012/13.

It's not a season ticket and therefore should not carry any incentives as are set aside, rightly, for those willing and able to make that level of commitment.

But given how the club is now viewing the footballing landscape ahead, this idea shows a degree of committment over and above walk-up tickets through the year (for those in a position to pay in advance).

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Its easy.

If everybody who ( rightly ) expressed moral outrage at Hibs voting a newco huns into the SPL and put pressure on them to vote no, in the full knowledge that such a vote would cost Hibs money, came out and backed the club by buying STs or going to as many walk up matches as they could afford then we would fill the hole quite easily.

No ?

PatHead
04-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm off to use my 2 for 1 top voucher tomorrow. Home top for me and away strip for one of my boys. Money Hibs wouldn't have got if they had voted yes.

Your not still wearing Hibs tops at your age Bish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Baker II
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Partially, by having a reduced Policing and Stewarding costs to control the brainless cretins who would normally populate the south stand when the great unwashed visit.

That would mean the policing costs for such games are in excess of £100k ? The police bill us around £6k for Hearts and Old Firm games, and I doubt if the stewards costs exceed this. I know you may be tongue in cheek but is a serious point that some fans seem to seriously believe there are meaningful savings to be had from not having large amounts of away supporters.

Stress I do not want Rangers in top league but no point pretending it will not cost money.

tommmyboy
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
ask the proclaimers and such bands to come ER and play a few tunes should raise the funds :hibees:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:agree:

nribs
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
This is the nub of the problem, Matty. Whereas in previous seasons it was all ticket sales at ER that went into the Manager's budget, this season it's just the season ticket money that is being factored in.

Given the uncertainties in the game the Board are unwilling to make any budget allowance for walk-up ticket sales. And specifically, through the figure you're highlighting, they're focussed on the loss of two away-end sell-out fixtures in season 2012/13.

Now in my case the purchase of a season ticket has just not been practical for a few years now. There are other competing demands on my time, I find it hard to make fixtures with kick-off times other than on a Saturday or a mid-week evening. I also have to factor in the travel involved.

So I'll get to some home fixtures and a few away matches; but a season ticket just isn't worth it. I think there will be a number of supporters in the same boat. We know we will be spending money at the club through the 2012/13 season but our contribution no longer factors into the Manager's budget becuase it's not money up front.

So here's my suggestion. It's along the lines of S.sct's post earlier in this thread but to my mind an even more attractive proposition for folks in my situation.

The club should enable supporters to purchase pre-paid Hibs expenditure cards for the 2012/13 season. Main points of the scheme:

would be available to purchase in £50, £100, £150, £200 or £250 values
funds can be drawn down for spend on tickets for matches at ER;
funds can also be drawn down for the purchase of merchandise at the club shop or online
fund balances remaining on any cards by the end of May 2013 are lost to the card-holder and retained by the club
use it or lose it basis.

This way people are enabled to commit up front in a practical way to the club in the way that they believe they best can. Most important - the club is guaranteed the income up front. That risk is removed.

So if, for example, someone can comfortably commit pre-season to attending six home fixtures and the purchase of two Hibs shirts from the new kit, they could purchase a £200 pre-paid Hibs card for season 2012/13.

It's not a season ticket and therefore should not carry any incentives as are set aside, rightly, for those willing and able to make that level of commitment.

But given how the club is now viewing the footballing landscape ahead, this idea shows a degree of committment over and above walk-up tickets through the year (for those in a position to pay in advance).

Pre-paid expenditure cards!! Sounds like a great idea? is there a reason this hasn't been done before? does anyone know if other clubs do this?