PDA

View Full Version : NHC Europa League draw: St. Johnstone vs Eskisehirspor (Turkey)

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Tough tie, especially away in Turkey. And it could still be Besiktas they end up playing if the Court of Arbitration for Sport come rule in their favour.

Since90+2
25-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Tough tie, especially away in Turkey. And it could still be Besiktas they end up playing if the Court of Arbitration for Sport come rule in their favour.

That will be them out then.

StevieC
25-06-2012, 03:43 PM
That will be them out then.

I don't think any Scottish team expects to get into the next round of the Europa these days.

Stranger things have happened though and I hope they can overcome their Turkish opponents (whoever it might be).

neilmartinrocks
25-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't think any Scottish team expects to get into the next round of the Europa these days.

Stranger things have happened though and I hope they can overcome their Turkish opponents (whoever it might be).

whats the odds they will keep the unbeaten at home going?

Squealing pig
25-06-2012, 03:57 PM
riordan hat trick 4 3 turks

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 04:02 PM
whats the odds they will keep the unbeaten at home going?

All they would need is a 0-0 at home and a scoring draw away from home, it is entirely plausible. But remember how hard a shift the Hibs players put in when we played in the Athens heat? The Saints have a tough job and I hope they can do it.

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Hope they get pumped home and away.

neilmartinrocks
25-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Hope they get pumped home and away.

still no recovered from last night?
maybe woy could gie them lessons on getting pumped.:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2012, 06:33 PM
still no recovered from last night?
maybe woy could gie them lessons on getting pumped.:greengrin

**** em the only Scottish club I support are Hibs the rest can get to ****!

joe breezy
25-06-2012, 07:23 PM
**** em the only Scottish club I support are Hibs the rest can get to ****!

I understand this attitude with what was the old firm and hearts but if all Scottish clubs constantly get pumped in Europe there won't be much of a euro opportunity for Hibs

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 07:31 PM
We need them and all the others to do well for the coefficient otherwise Hibs will not have a good run in Europe when we are good enough to get there. Although we'll still laugh when the Yams get pumped.

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2012, 07:33 PM
We need them and all the others to do well for the coefficient otherwise Hibs will not have a good run in Europe when we are good enough to get there. Although we'll still laugh when the Yams get pumped.

Coefficient not in my train of thoughts just another Scottish club getting pumped makes me happy.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Coefficient not in my train of thoughts just another Scottish club getting pumped makes me happy.

Been on the Don Revie have we??

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Been on the Don Revie have we??

Sober as a judge mate :greengrin

Not touched a drop since Saturday night, why would you possibly think I am bevvied? :confused:

Allant1981
26-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I agree, i really dnt care if they win or lose

Hibernian Verse
26-06-2012, 08:50 AM

What have you got against the likes of Albion Rovers?! People think your bevvied because you sound a wee bit mental. I'd like to see Motherwell and the Saintees do well fwiw.

lyonhibs
26-06-2012, 08:54 AM
What have you got against the likes of Albion Rovers?! People think your bevvied because you sound a wee bit mental. I'd like to see Motherwell and the Saintees do well fwiw.

:agree::agree:

Absolutely nothing against either of those clubs doing well - be happier to see St Johnstone doing well, owing to Motherwell's horrid stadium and previous dalliances with administration, but not too fussed either way.

Have Motherwell been drawn their opponent in the CL qualifiers yet?

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2012, 08:58 AM

ditto :aok: some people just cant/wont look at the bigger picture, they just cant seem to grasp the fact how much poor results in european games could have an impact on hibs at some time :rolleyes:

mon the muthers and saintees

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2012, 07:38 PM

:a bite:

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2012, 07:39 PM
ditto :aok: some people just cant/wont look at the bigger picture, they just cant seem to grasp the fact how much poor results in european games could have an impact on hibs at some time :rolleyes:

:tee hee:

ballengeich
26-06-2012, 07:51 PM

I like to see most Scottish teams do well, but I don't think the coefficient makes a great deal of difference to Hibs chances in future years. To an extent it's self-correcting. A low coefficient leads to Scottish clubs entering in an earlier round against a poorer standard of opponent. The teams are more likely to win and as a result the coefficient rises. If you're good enough to qualify for group stages of either tournament it doesn't matter much which qualifying round you start in. The problem is that our clubs haven't been good enough to get through the final qualifying rounds as Scottish football has declined relative to a lot of other countries in recent years.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2012, 08:01 PM
riordan hat trick 4 3 turks

Deek's a free agent now.