PDA

View Full Version : Time to back the club now that it has done the decent thing

Pages : [1] 2

Frogga
24-06-2012, 09:49 PM
"The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120624/club-statement_2262950_2821039#) to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland."

The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!

hibs0666
24-06-2012, 09:55 PM
OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

SAUZEH
24-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Time indeed for all Hibs supporters to get behind the club. We should expect queues for season tickets this week. Time to shake off last season and back the club, now that they have done the right thing.:flag:

SAUZEH
24-06-2012, 10:01 PM
ditto................:-)

Ultrabee1-0
24-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....

joe breezy
24-06-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm going to do what I can - have nothing spare this month but end July will be donating somehow

Membership / boot sponsorship or something similar

joe breezy
24-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....

Mmm doubt it...

joe breezy
24-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....

Part/Time Supporter
24-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....

Petrie is not a liar. His consistency (often under pressure) is one of his better qualities.

Saorsa
24-06-2012, 11:05 PM
I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.

Ultrabee1-0
24-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....
You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.

hibs0666
24-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.

Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.

Saorsa
24-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.It's tae dae with the right thing being done by Scottish fitba as a whole. This decision for me is bigger than what Hibs decide though they have as expected done absolutely the right thing.. The huns either start at the bottom or no at all as far as I'm concerned. Would we be having all this nonsense about league reconstruction if it wisnae tae try and weasel them in further up? Would we ****. If it was any team out with the OF it would have been done and dusted already and they would have been booted. I absolutely agree that Scottish fitba needs change but it shouldnae be getting done simply as a way tae get the cheats off the hook. Whatever the set up if they arenae at the bottom then it's game over for me.

Capt Mainwaring
24-06-2012, 11:37 PM

Then I think you hate the Huns more than you love Hibs.

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.

Saorsa
24-06-2012, 11:39 PM

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.and I couldnae give a tinkers cuss what you think.

hibs0666
24-06-2012, 11:40 PM
It's tae dae with the right thing being done by Scottish fitba as a whole. This decision for me is bigger than what Hibs decide though they have as expected done absolutely the right thing.. The huns either start at the bottom or no at all as far as I'm concerned. Would we be having all this nonsense about league reconstruction if it wisnae tae try and weasel them in further up? Would we ****. If it was any team out with the OF it would have been done and dusted already and they would have been booted. I absolutely agree that Scottish fitba needs change but it shouldnae be getting done simply as a way tae get the cheats off the hook. Whatever the set up if they arenae at the bottom then it's game over for me.

So you'll be a no then - fair do's.

Nevi1875
24-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Season ticket will be bought this weekend.

Well done RP and hibs

Saorsa
24-06-2012, 11:44 PM
So you'll be a no then - fair do's.I will be a yes and renew when the right thing is done by all.

The Green Goblin
24-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.

Capt Mainwaring
24-06-2012, 11:49 PM
and I couldnae give a tinkers cuss what you think.

Shouldnae have replied then

:na na:

What's a tinkers cuss?

SkintHibby
24-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Hibs have done the right thing and it will not affect whether I go to 1 game or 38.

Pete
24-06-2012, 11:57 PM
We've been one of the most vocal clubs since this whole saga started regarding our stance. I can't get a season but will be a regular walk-up and feel damn proud of my club. I would have went anyway but now I actually feel like they are listening and we are actually cut from the same cloth.

Rangers wont be playing in the top division next season so who knows...second is the new third!:greengrin

A Scottish cup and second place finish will do me!:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
25-06-2012, 12:01 AM
"The right thing" ..... well the only thing that they could possibly do or the backlash would have been massive - so you could say the common sense decision.

Still a long way to go to getting more fans back to ER and a bit of a cheek in that statement asking for more money when Hibs fans have backed their team more than anyone in the league over the last few terrible seasons.

These are the key areas moving forward

1. Using ST money to bring in better / committed / consistent performers

2. The other SPL clubs making the correct choice and hopefully putting sevco down to Div 3 - Div 1 isn't good enough.

I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going.

monktonharp
25-06-2012, 12:46 AM
"The right thing" ..... well the only thing that they could possibly do or the backlash would have been massive - so you could say the common sense decision.

Still a long way to go to getting more fans back to ER and a bit of a cheek in that statement asking for more money when Hibs fans have backed their team more than anyone in the league over the last few terrible seasons.

2. The other SPL clubs making the correct choice and hopefully putting sevco down to Div 3 - Div 1 isn't good enough.

I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going. wot he said

zlatan
25-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2upb6de.jpg

Offside Trap
25-06-2012, 04:55 AM
It's tae dae with the right thing being done by Scottish fitba as a whole. This decision for me is bigger than what Hibs decide though they have as expected done absolutely the right thing.. The huns either start at the bottom or no at all as far as I'm concerned. Would we be having all this nonsense about league reconstruction if it wisnae tae try and weasel them in further up? Would we ****. If it was any team out with the OF it would have been done and dusted already and they would have been booted. I absolutely agree that Scottish fitba needs change but it shouldnae be getting done simply as a way tae get the cheats off the hook. Whatever the set up if they arenae at the bottom then it's game over for me.

Whilst I think most of us understand that sentiment and have an unflinching desire to see the Huns treated per the rules, there is only so much influence our club can wield. Hibs and other clubs are making it clear to their fans that they need financial backing more so than ever in view of voting No.

If there is some sort of fudge and SevCo do not start as a new applicant to Div 3, then effectively your position (if replicated by all Hibs fans) would ultimately see Hibs go bust and disappear. That I don't get.

Gatecrasher
25-06-2012, 06:21 AM
I have already renewed for next season but i'm still a bit concerned about the whole league reconstruction thing. it seems they SPL/SFA/SFL are willing to move the goalposts to accomodate them, or am i being paranoid :confused:

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 07:00 AM
I have already renewed for next season but i'm still a bit concerned about the whole league reconstruction thing. it seems they SPL/SFA/SFL are willing to move the goalposts to accomodate them, or am i being paranoid :confused:Seems like exactly what they are trying. Little point in the clubs doing the right thing when those running (ruining) the game are hell bent on trying tae find a way tae get them off the hook as lightly as possible by bending and changing the rules or even altering the whole bloody set up. As I said earlier I think change is needed but it should be getting done because it's needed, no as a method of trying tae get the cheats off the hook. Lets see the huns in the 3rd division first then we'll see if these is such an appetite from the authorities tae make those same changes. This whole episode is a total embarrassment tae fitba in this country and those involved are a disgrace.

marinello59
25-06-2012, 07:16 AM

I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.

joe breezy
25-06-2012, 07:18 AM
You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.

Yeah I knew what you meant, total pish - 'cash in' Hibs aren't a big business that are fleecing people.

if someone wanted to 'cash in' they would be in a different business

joe breezy
25-06-2012, 07:23 AM
If people are expecting Hibs to spend more than they can afford before thinking about supporting the club in what will be a tough season financially maybe the Huns are right...?

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.

I agree its a LOT to do with which team it is, there's no denying that. Where i disagree is, if this was St Mirren, and they'd done what Rangers have done, i'd be feeling the same.

I have a season ticket for next season, i want to watch us play but i wont be back to watch Scottish football should the rules as they stand now are not applied. No other league in the world would try and shuffle things around to make sure one of the rich ones could escape the right punishment.

Thats why if they are not made to apply at the bottom i wont be back, that would be the same for Rangers or St Mirren.

hibs0666
25-06-2012, 07:28 AM

The message is clear - there will be an income shortfall because of this decision.

The majority view on this thread appears to be that the Rangers decision will not affect the money that people will spend with the club. If that is the case the club should have said yes to the huns and tried to protect that income stream as the punters are unwilling to make up the shortfall.

alnewhaven
25-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Point being if it were say, st mirren we wouldn't be having the debate as it would have been "go directly to 3rd, do not pass go ....." while traynor, young et co hammered the nails in the coffin

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bkv5u

marinello59
25-06-2012, 07:30 AM

I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going.

Maybe but we have virtually demanded that they make a decision which could have severe financial consequences. Do we now say, tough, you made the decison, you pay for it? Our club has shown leadership on this issue from a very early stage. That surely deserves some credit rather than what some are doing, saying it's all they could do etc etc etc.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Point being if it were say, st mirren we wouldn't be having the debate as it would have been "go directly to 3rd, do not pass go ....." while traynor, young et co hammered the nails in the coffin

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bkv5u

:agree: One rule for one, another rule for Rangers. :rolleyes:

marinello59
25-06-2012, 07:32 AM
The message is clear - there will be an income shortfall because of this decision.

The majority view on this thread appears to be that the Rangers decision will not affect the money that people will spend with the club. If that is the case the club should have said yes to the huns and tried to protect that income stream as the punters are unwilling to make up the shortfall.

Exactly.

Steve20
25-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Renewing my season ticket had nothing to do with Rangers getting in or not. It's what Hibs do to improve the garbage on the pitch that we have had to watch for the last few years. I usually pay for my season ticket at the start of renewal time so the club has the money right away but it's made no difference. So this year, i'm waiting to see who they bring in.

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 07:47 AM
I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 07:48 AM
I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.Anybody who has cheated on that scale should receive the severest punishment possible as far as I'm concerned. They've enjoyed the years of success that their cheating has brought them at the expense of all others. As well as the money they've bumped the tax man and their other creditors out of, I wonder just how much other clubs have lost out on in prize money by being put out of cups, league placings and European placings by them cheating. If it was anybody other than them or celtc in this position the whole thing would have been over months ago with whatever other club emptied. You're right I do hate them, I hate bigots and I hate them even more now that I ken their years of dominance at the expense of others have been brought about by cheating. I have nae desire tae stop going tae the fitba, I've been doing it for 34 years but I winnae put in another penny if those running (ruining) the game in this country allow the rules tae be bent/changed tae allow certain teams tae cheat. It's very, very simple for me, if the right thing is done (the same thing that would happen tae any other club) I'll be back, I'll back my club, I'll back other clubs that did the right thing (except h***ts & celtc). If the wrong thing is done then I'll be finding something else tae dae with my money and time.

IFONLY
25-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....

Always get one!!!!!!

matty_f
25-06-2012, 07:51 AM
We need to ensure that Hibernian FC don't suffer financially for doing the right thing. We cannot let Newco take us down with them, and it's going to take fans coming back in their numbers to make sure that we aren't put in a very severe financial situation.

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 07:52 AM

Absolute rubbish.

Hibs have done the right thing.

As RP said; "Rod Petrie, Hibernian chairman: “Fundamental to us at our club is to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards.

“It’s not a question of any sum of money in return for that integrity – integrity is beyond purchase. It’s important that all clubs can have a place within football, provided they have earned it in a sporting sense and have abided by the rules.”

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 07:53 AM

Idiot.

joe breezy
25-06-2012, 07:53 AM
I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Anybody who has cheated on that scale should receive the severest punishment possible as far as I'm concerned. They've enjoyed the years of success that their cheating has brought them at the expense of all others. As well as the money they've bumped the tax man and their other creditors out of, I wonder just how much other clubs have lost out on in prize money by being put out of cups, league placings and European placings by them cheating. If it was anybody other than them or celtc in this position the whole thing would have been over months ago with whatever other club emptied. You're right I do hate them, I hate bigots and I hate them even more now that I ken their years of dominance at the expense of others have been brought about by cheating. I have nae desire tae stop going tae the fitba, I've been doing it for 34 years but I winnae put in another penny if those running (ruining) the game in this country allow the rules tae be bent/changed tae allow certain teams tae cheat. It's very, very simple for me, if the right thing is done (the same thing that would happen tae any other club) I'll be back, I'll back my club, I'll back other clubs that did the right thing (except h***ts & celtc). If the wrong thing is done then I'll be finding something else tae dae with my money and time.

On this subject, we are as one.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message

:faf::faf:

Season ticket bought weeks before the cup final, yip i want to boycott the club and i'm dead against backing the club. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 08:00 AM

The chairmen know that they will have to take a hit.

Motherwell are trying to persuade their fans to vote Newco back in for that very reason.

But our board knows what's morally right and what Hibs fans want.

I think they also know that there would be a much deeper, and longer hit, if Newco were allowed in.

If that happened, I, and many others, would never be back.

Gatecrasher
25-06-2012, 08:05 AM

Season ticket bought weeks before the cup final, yip i want to boycott the club and i'm dead against backing the club. :rolleyes:
Same, all we are wanting is a fair league. Why is this so hard to achieve?

Brooster
25-06-2012, 08:08 AM
As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 08:09 AM

:agree: I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 08:10 AM
As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.looking for excuses :blah: :yawn:

StevieC
25-06-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before.

I'm the same. It's one thing for teams saying they'll vote NO, it's quite another paving the way for a short cut back to the SPL for Sevco.

Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.

Granted, but supporters aren't turning their backs on Hibs (you can't, you're Hibs for life) they are turning their backs on Scottish Football.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 08:15 AM
As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.

:confused:

marinello59
25-06-2012, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274182]:agree: I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.[QUOTE]

What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 08:20 AM
What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.we can just make some up for them though, that's how it's done isn't it?

marinello59
25-06-2012, 08:22 AM
.we can just make some up for them though, that's how it's done isn't it?

Apparently. :greengrin

mixuok
25-06-2012, 08:23 AM
i am delighted our club has taken a stand against the famous glasgow bankrupts. i already have my season ticket and now i will buy the new strip for the belgium jolly up..... G.G.T.T.H. :flag:

alexedwards
25-06-2012, 08:24 AM
The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!

Scottish football gets backed when and ONLY when there is factual evidence Rangers are in the BOTTOM league - can't believe the Dundee United
fans went running along as soon as their club made the announcement. :rolleyes:

StevieC
25-06-2012, 08:27 AM

The wouldn't be very smart chairmen then. The financially prudent decision would have been to make it clear from the very start that the cheating by Rangers would not be tolerated and that liquidation meant starting again at the bottom.

The longer that this has been dragged on, by SFA, SFL and SPL, is the main reason that they risk so many supporters being lost to the game forever.

We currently KNOW that they have evaded millions in tax, we currently KNOW that they used dual contracts, we currently KNOW that they have finally been liquidated, we currently DO NOT KNOW who is investing in Sevco, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they will have any players, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they could even fulfill their fixtures, we currently DO NOT KNOW if Green could still walk away.

On the back of all these uncertainties we have a court decision to change a punishment still to be resolved, we have a dual contract issue still to be resolved, we have various other rule breaks still to be resolved ... and the paper talk is not about what punishments but about how to fast-track entry into Division 1/SPL 2!

Regardless of which clubs publicly say NO, they are all part of this process and the longer they let it rumble on the more fans will be lost to Scottish Football. They have so much more power available to them than a simple "No to Newco" statement which might be viewed by some as nothing more than a season ticket selling exercise.

frazeHFC
25-06-2012, 08:30 AM

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.

It's not really about hating them more than loving Hibs. Why should fans pay hundreds of pounds to watch us play in a corrupt, 'fixed' league?

And talking of money, i know there is the TV deal debacle, but what is going to hit the club more, 3000 less at ER twice a season, or 2000 odd less at ER every game?

Those manky, sectarian, cheating hun bassas HAVE to go.

marinello59
25-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Granted, but supporters aren't turning their backs on Hibs (you can't, you're Hibs for life) they are turning their backs on Scottish Football.

Can the two be seperated? Scottish Football will continue no matter what happens and Hibs will continue to play a part in it.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274182]:agree: I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.[QUOTE]

What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.

Any newco that wants to apply to join Scottish football have to apply for the bottom tier, they cant apply to join the top tier. Rangers do not fit any of the criteria to even join division 3, but even i can see thats not going to hamper their application.

Why do you think there is such a rush to restructure Scottish football? Is it for the good of the game, or is it to help the club who have cheated more than any other club in the country of up to £150m?

Billy Whizz
25-06-2012, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=marinello59;3274188][QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274182]:agree: I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.

Any newco that wants to apply to join Scottish football have to apply for the bottom tier, they cant apply to join the top tier. Rangers do not fit any of the criteria to even join division 3, but even i can see thats not going to hamper their application.

Why do you think there is such a rush to restructure Scottish football? Is it for the good of the game, or is it to help the club who have cheated more than any other club in the country of up to £150m?

I agree with your pointbut the 11-1 vote has always held back change. Now is the time to restructure!

StevieC
25-06-2012, 08:44 AM

We have a rule that states suspension or termination regarding the punishment that was returned by the Court of Session. Given the severity of the Rangers situation they could easily suspend Rangers (which, less face it, is pretty much the minimum option on their punishment choices). On the back of that they could promote the second best teams up a division and invite another team into the league (Spartans?). That would give Rangers a year to get their house in order and the following season could see us increase the size of the SPL and allow another 2 teams (one being Sevco) into the league.

Instead, with barely over a month till the start of the new season, we are hearing talk about trying to make way for a Sevco team (in danger of administration/liquidation itself) into Division 1!?!?

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274204][QUOTE=marinello59;3274188]

I agree with your pointbut the 11-1 vote has always held back change. Now is the time to restructure!

Yip i agree 100%, once they are in the 3rd division, all SPL clubs need to restructure the whole rule book.

Scottish football has a chance to change the face of the game for the better, i'm not convinced they have the balls, or will even be allowed by the authorities to do it, even if they vote for it.:rolleyes:

marinello59
25-06-2012, 08:57 AM

No, it isn't for the good of the game. I said on another thread that if we got proper league re-construction on the back of this crisis then I couldd possibly accept Rangers only dropping one division. That's not what they seem to be trying to do though. We will end up with another ill thought out mess if they press on with this. I doubt that it can be done anyway before the new season starts. I also have a sneaky wee feeling that Rangers won't be playing anywhere at all next season.

Lucius Apuleius
25-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.

This, even though I am lucky to get 5 or 6 home games a season.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 09:04 AM
No, it isn't for the good of the game. I said on another thread that if we got proper league re-construction on the back of this crisis then I couldd possibly accept Rangers only dropping one division. That's not what they seem to be trying to do though. We will end up with another ill thought out mess if they press on with this. I doubt that it can be done anyway before the new season starts. I also have a sneaky wee feeling that Rangers won't be playing anywhere at all next season.

And if thats the case, my season ticket will get used. I will watch Hibs next season if Rangers/newco whatever they are called, are treated like any newco should be treated.

I'm not looking for any excuse to not go to games, i have booked a trip to Belgium, i have a season ticket, so as far as i'm concerned i am backing the club.

I wont go and watch SCOTTISH football if they are not punished, and the NEW club admitted at the bottom. I am not punishing Hibs should they not be punished properly, i'd be punishing myself.

I love my football, i love Hibs. What i dont love is a rigged game, and imo that would be a rigged game if the proper punishment is not administered.

InchHibby
25-06-2012, 09:20 AM
I agree its a LOT to do with which team it is, there's no denying that. Where i disagree is, if this was St Mirren, and they'd done what Rangers have done, i'd be feeling the same.

I have a season ticket for next season, i want to watch us play but i wont be back to watch Scottish football should the rules as they stand now are not applied. No other league in the world would try and shuffle things around to make sure one of the rich ones could escape the right punishment.

Thats why if they are not made to apply at the bottom i wont be back, that would be the same for Rangers or St Mirren.

I totally agree, but would also like to add that if this was any other Club outside of the Old Firm then the decision would have been made
three months ago and you would have to grovel to get back into the 3rd Division.
Also, the governing bodies dont give a toss who the other ten clubs are in the premier as long as the two Glasgow sides are there.

Caversham Green
25-06-2012, 09:58 AM
A point about the rules.

There is no provision in the rules for Sevco to be 'relegated' to SFL3 any more than there is for them to be 'relegated' to SFL1. I believe the rules do provide for them to be voted in to the SPL following the recent changes, so if the rules are to be meticulously followed Sevco are either the new Rangers FC in the SPL or they are not a football club at all and Rangers FC are dead. Anything else is a compromise and the debate should be how far the compromise goes.

If they were voted into the SPL they could be subject to whatever punishment was possible and deemed appropriate, but relegation to the SFL is not possible because the SPL can't dictate which clubs the SFL admit other than through the normal relegation mechanism. Given the extent of RFC's crimes, suspension for at least a season seems to be the most appropriate punishment if they were to be voted in - there would be no point in voting them in then expelling them.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 10:07 AM
A point about the rules.

There is no provision in the rules for Sevco to be 'relegated' to SFL3 any more than there is for them to be 'relegated' to SFL1. I believe the rules do provide for them to be voted in to the SPL following the recent changes, so if the rules are to be meticulously followed Sevco are either the new Rangers FC in the SPL or they are not a football club at all and Rangers FC are dead. Anything else is a compromise and the debate should be how far the compromise goes.

If they were voted into the SPL they could be subject to whatever punishment was possible and deemed appropriate, but relegation to the SFL is not possible because the SPL can't dictate which clubs the SFL admit other than through the normal relegation mechanism. Given the extent of RFC's crimes, suspension for at least a season seems to be the most appropriate punishment if they were to be voted in - there would be no point in voting them in then expelling them.

Exactly, any newco voted back into the SPL would have me walk away from Scottish Football. A new club under the guise of The Rangers or whatever they call themselves would have to apply at the bottom tier, like any other club.

GordonHFC
25-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately I think there is a deal being done to have them go to Div 1 and not to enter them at Div 3. We as SPL members can vote them out of the SPL but it is the SFL who will allow them to enter at the higher level.

Can we then turn round and refuse them promotion to the SPL until they have been out for a minimum of 3 years ?

StevieC
25-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Can we then turn round and refuse them promotion to the SPL until they have been out for a minimum of 3 years ?

We can only refuse if they dont meet the specified criteria ...

although that might include a UEFA licence. :wink:

happiehibbie
25-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I have actually upgraded my season tickets before all the fall out. I did tho contact the board and told them I would not be coming along if they voted yes to New co

I think we all agree they should be booted out but the Mafia as Vald says (and he is right) will miss out on freebies etc and dont want them to go down and out simple really I think the SPL,SFA and SFL should not be asked to do the right thing only 2 or 3 years ago they wanted to go to England along with Celtic this should be pointed out at all meeting that are taking place.

I personaly hate rangers and Celtic with a Passion

But RP did the right thing now he needs to invest in the team he will never get a better chance of finishing Second and champions leauge Footie :)

silverhibee
25-06-2012, 10:55 AM

What are the clubs voting NO for, is it to make sure they are not in the SPL next season or to be put down to the 3rd Division if they are welcome there, has any of the Chairman who have come out and said no actually said they want newco to start in the 3rd division, or are they just voting NO for them being in the SPL at the start of the season.

I have renewed for next season along with my son, if newco aren't in the 3rd division/Junior's playing there football next season then i wont be back to see Hibs if newco wriggle there way in to the first division, it has to be the same punishment for everyone, 3rd division or thrown out of Scottish football, my son just wants to go along and watch Hibs, this stuff doesn't bother him really, so he can take a mate along and use my ST for the up and coming season, after that Hibs (sadly) get no more of my money.

Beefster
25-06-2012, 11:08 AM
What are the clubs voting NO for, is it to make sure they are not in the SPL next season or to be put down to the 3rd Division if they are welcome there, has any of the Chairman who have come out and said no actually said they want newco to start in the 3rd division, or are they just voting NO for them being in the SPL at the start of the season.

I have renewed for next season along with my son, if newco aren't in the 3rd division/Junior's playing there football next season then i wont be back to see Hibs if newco wriggle there way in to the first division, it has to be the same punishment for everyone, 3rd division or thrown out of Scottish football, my son just wants to go along and watch Hibs, this stuff doesn't bother him really, so he can take a mate along and use my ST for the up and coming season, after that Hibs (sadly) get no more of my money.

In the SPL clubs' defence, they have no authority to decide Sevco5088's treatment beyond blocking their application to the SPL. It's presumably for the SFL to deal with any application they receive.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Do the newco actually have a team? From what it seems it is looking less and less likely. They do not have a youth system in place, obviously they have no audited accounts and they are still fighting for control of the club with others apparently looking in through the window with a view to putting in a bid. How on Earth can a company like this be allowed admittance into the First Division where clubs like Cowdenbeath and Partick have great youth systems in place and all clubs have relatively stable ownership with no backstabbing and also audited accounts to show, plus they all have a definite squad. This is replicated for Divisions 2 and 3.

Personally I am backing the club as they will vote no, it is the least we can do. If we do not back the club then there is a strong possibility that we could end up on our knees and in a similar predicament as others are in terms of awful finances. I have every faith that the Newco will not be in the SPL next season, and I also feel that smaller clubs will be voting against them in the SFL as they'll want a share of the financial pie when they visit their grounds.

Paisley Hibby
25-06-2012, 11:14 AM

I agree. But I`ve renewed my season ticket, can´t afford sponsorship and I`m too fat for a hibs top so what more can I do?

Gatecrasher
25-06-2012, 11:22 AM

like BH i just want them to receive the same treatment as any other club would. granted it looks as if the SPL are doing their bit to allow that to happen and i understand the rest will be up to the SFA but for me its crucial to my future as a Scottish Football Fan that the SFA follow through on this. Dropping down a division is not enough for me....only time will tell.

This whole situation is a complete farce and i cant believe by the time the vote goes through it will barely be a month until the season starts :rolleyes:

silverhibee
25-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I totally agree, but would also like to add that if this was any other Club outside of the Old Firm then the decision would have been made
three months ago and you would have to grovel to get back into the 3rd Division.
Also, the governing bodies dont give a toss who the other ten clubs are in the premier as long as the two Glasgow sides are there.

:top marks

Hibs Motherwell Aberdeen Dundee Utd St Johnstone etc etc feet wouldn't have touched the ground as they were kicked down to the bottom league 3 months ago if they had done done what the currant buns have done, SFA/SPL and the Scottish Press have done everything they can and say to save the cheats from the only punishment that fits the crime, demotion to 3rd division or even kicked out of Scottish football all together for the crimes they have committed over years in Scottish football.

The Huntouchables.

matty_f
25-06-2012, 11:30 AM
like BH i just want them to receive the same treatment as any other club would. granted it looks as if the SPL are doing their bit to allow that to happen and i understand the rest will be up to the SFA but for me its crucial to my future as a Scottish Football Fan that the SFA follow through on this. Dropping down a division is not enough for me....only time will tell.

This whole situation is a complete farce and i cant believe by the time the vote goes through it will barely be a month until the season starts :rolleyes:

I want to see them go to the 3rd as well, but I can see that there's not much more the SPL clubs can do other than vote against them coming straight into the SPL.

If the SFL let them in at Division 1, I won't like it but at the end of the day I'm not watching SFL football. The SPL would have, IMHO, retained its integrity by making the correct vote if we don't let them into the SPL. On top of that, they would only get voted in after a democratic vote from those that it effects directly.

The Modfather
25-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe but we have virtually demanded that they make a decision which could have severe financial consequences. Do we now say, tough, you made the decison, you pay for it? Our club has shown leadership on this issue from a very early stage. That surely deserves some credit rather than what some are doing, saying it's all they could do etc etc etc.

I've not read all of this thread, but would it not be fair for all us lapsed Hibees to applaud the decision, turn out in numbers for the games against "Team 12", thus making up the shortfall from the Rangers travelling support.

Then the ball is back in the boards court re getting the fans back on side and delivering what we have been promised for a very long time, a team worthy of our support.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 11:35 AM
In the SPL clubs' defence, they have no authority to decide Sevco5088's treatment beyond blocking their application to the SPL. It's presumably for the SFL to deal with any application they receive.

Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing. Yet those in authority at the top have been doing their damnedest to let them away with this. The people at the top of our game in my opinion are corrupt.

Rangers are dead, the new club that emerges from this has to apply at the appropriate place for entry into the SFL, THATS THE BOTTOM LEAGUE.

Anything else would be a fix, and i want no part of it. Can you imagine they are allowed into the SFL 1 next season, and they win that? The next season they are back in with us, that would be one season out of the league for £150m worth of cheating.

Why would anyone not do this, the punishment is worth every minute of a season in the 1st division. I know i'd take that punishment if Hibs could ***** £150m on players we could not afford. Imagine the fun we'd have spending all that dosh, maybe cup wins, europe every season?

Whats a season in the doldrums compared to that?

Gatecrasher
25-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I want to see them go to the 3rd as well, but I can see that there's not much more the SPL clubs can do other than vote against them coming straight into the SPL.

If the SFL let them in at Division 1, I won't like it but at the end of the day I'm not watching SFL football. The SPL would have, IMHO, retained its integrity by making the correct vote if we don't let them into the SPL. On top of that, they would only get voted in after a democratic vote from those that it effects directly.

Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing. Yet those in authority at the top have been doing their damnedest to let them away with this. The people at the top of our game in my opinion are corrupt.

Rangers are dead, the new club that emerges from this has to apply at the appropriate place for entry into the SFL, THATS THE BOTTOM LEAGUE.

Anything else would be a fix, and i want no part of it. Can you imagine they are allowed into the SFL 1 next season, and they win that? The next season they are back in with us, that would be one season out of the league for £150m worth of cheating.

Why would anyone not do this, the punishment is worth every minute of a season in the 1st division. I know i'd take that punishment if Hibs could ***** £150m on players we could not afford. Imagine the fun we'd have spending all that dosh, maybe cup wins, europe every season?

Whats a season in the doldrums compared to that?

Luckily BH done all the typing for me :greengrin

StevieC
25-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing.

With the exception of the rumoured Division 1 route.

I can't believe that this is an option that suits the SFL and can only assume that they are being pressured to do this by the SFA/SPL. If that's the case then it's really no better than their early attempts to get Sevco straight back into the SPL.

ALF TUPPER
25-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Well done the Hibernian Board ........... pwowed pwowed vewy pwowed. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 12:29 PM

I can't believe that this is an option that suits the SFL and can only assume that they are being pressured to do this by the SFA/SPL. If that's the case then it's really no better than their early attempts to get Sevco straight back into the SPL.

:agree: And that would only confirm what i said about those at the top being corrupt. Only in Scotland would this be happening, only in Scotland would this be an issue. Only in Scotland would those at the top be prepared to stab every other club in the chest, to help one club.

JeMeSouviens
25-06-2012, 12:33 PM

They are being offered sweeteners in the reconstructed league in the form of play offs for a second promotion place to the top division and a slice of the income distribution from tv/sponsors. (Both reasonable things we should do anyway, imo).

Presumably this would require backing from the SPL and the SFL. The SFL is straightforward, 3/4 of the clubs, ie. 23. Not sure which sort of resolution it would be for the SPL, but you would think a financial change of this magnitude would be an 11/12.

StevieC
25-06-2012, 12:46 PM
They are being offered sweeteners in the reconstructed league in the form of play offs for a second promotion place to the top division and a slice of the income distribution from tv/sponsors.

I am guessing that for these financial "sweeteners" to take place it would require the SPL clubs to vote to allow it to happen? As it is financial would that mean it requires an 11-1 vote in favour for it to be passed? I wonder what the supporters response would be if those clubs that are saying NO to Sevco turn round and say YES to an SFL pay-off to let Sevco into Division 1? Would they still consider rushing to the ticket office to renew their season tickets?

JeMeSouviens
25-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I am guessing that for these financial "sweeteners" to take place it would require the SPL clubs to vote to allow it to happen? As it is financial would that mean it requires an 11-1 vote in favour for it to be passed? I wonder what the supporters response would be if those clubs that are saying NO to Sevco turn round and say YES to an SFL pay-off to let Sevco into Division 1? Would they still consider rushing to the ticket office to renew their season tickets?

Yes to both I think.

I think it will also be interesting to see the reaction of SFL fans. Their clubs have nothing to lose from their current finances by blocking the Hun new club so the effect of their own supporters turning away would be even more powerful. I don't think SFL fans' attitudes will be much different from their SPL counterparts. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
25-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm getting the distinct impression that Johnny Hun won't be in any state to compete in any division next season, and we're now effectively talking about their league status in 2013-14.

If there is a criminal investigation into the legality of the sale to Whyte, that surely has profound implications for the Green purchase?

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 02:32 PM
The wouldn't be very smart chairmen then. The financially prudent decision would have been to make it clear from the very start that the cheating by Rangers would not be tolerated and that liquidation meant starting again at the bottom.

The longer that this has been dragged on, by SFA, SFL and SPL, is the main reason that they risk so many supporters being lost to the game forever.

We currently KNOW that they have evaded millions in tax, we currently KNOW that they used dual contracts, we currently KNOW that they have finally been liquidated, we currently DO NOT KNOW who is investing in Sevco, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they will have any players, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they could even fulfill their fixtures, we currently DO NOT KNOW if Green could still walk away.

On the back of all these uncertainties we have a court decision to change a punishment still to be resolved, we have a dual contract issue still to be resolved, we have various other rule breaks still to be resolved ... and the paper talk is not about what punishments but about how to fast-track entry into Division 1/SPL 2!

Regardless of which clubs publicly say NO, they are all part of this process and the longer they let it rumble on the more fans will be lost to Scottish Football. They have so much more power available to them than a simple "No to Newco" statement which might be viewed by some as nothing more than a season ticket selling exercise.:top marks

It's time for the clubs tae put pressure on the authorities tae make them act correctly as it would seem that their main interest is still tae dae everything they possibly can tae get the cheats off as lightly as possible rather than doing the right thing. IMO all those clubs both in the SPL and SFL that want tae see the right thing done should make it clear tae those running the game that they winnae play in any competition against a newco that is in any division other than the bottom one.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 02:40 PM

It's time for the clubs tae put pressure on the authorities tae make them act correctly as it would seem that their main interest is still tae dae everything they possibly can tae get the cheats off as lightly as possible rather than doing the right thing. IMO all those clubs both in the SPL and SFL that want tae see the right thing done should make it clear tae those running the game that they winnae play in any competition against a newco that is in any division other than the bottom one.

I think a lot of them will want a share of the money that The Rangers FC 2012 will be bringing their way, Division 3 beckons I feel and then The Rangers get their dream of playing in England vs Berwick Rangers and all the clubs get their wishes and make money off the fans of the newco.

JimBHibees
25-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I think a lot of them will want a share of the money that The Rangers FC 2012 will be bringing their way, Division 3 beckons I feel and then The Rangers get their dream of playing in England vs Berwick Rangers and all the clubs get their wishes and make money off the fans of the newco.

Also what is the motivation for clubs that want to get up to the SPL to include Rangers in the first division.

PatHead
25-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.Looks like naebody wants them. :bye:

Nae one likes them, they dinnae care :lolrangers:

grammyb111
25-06-2012, 03:35 PM
It would be interesting to see the opinions of Argentine football fans on this one. IIRC they kept restructuring their league to keep River (maybe Boca too) in the top division, introducing a system where you got relegated on the basis of a three(?) season average, then when River were still going to get relegated on that basis they made some 32 team league or something. Total nonsense.

Lungo--Drom
25-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
25-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.

You could have just said 'Morbo pleased' :aok:

But I agree, it is time that we stick together and vote together on key issues for the greater benefit of the Scottish game. We now have a realistic chance of voting to change the voting system and redistribute wealth accordingly to favour a democratic Scottish league. This is almost a new beginning, one where all clubs need to defend their honour and their fans, we shouldn't be pandering to any club now.

Also it is time for this to be said: Doncaster out!

GreenCastle
25-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Rewind back to the Pars game before the end of the season and the crowd at ER that evening.

Would be amazing if Hibs could get more people into ER for each match day and create a buzz that will benefit the players and improve our abysmal home record recently. :agree:

The_Todd
25-06-2012, 04:53 PM

If it was St Mirren we wouldn't be having this discussion, there would be no vote and there would be no St Mirren left to apply for Division 3.

theonlywayisup
25-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Now is the time for all football fans to support their team. It is clear that all teams are going to take a hit for stopping the Newco entry into the SPL. To fill the gap, we as football fans have to stand up again and support our team.

The "I'm not going back until.............." is not going to work. For many clubs, there may not be a future if we don't replace the money lost through Newco not being allowed entry into the SPL.

So I would ask all fans of every SPL club, whether you are an infrequent supporter or a past-frequent supporter to get back to your club and buy a season ticket. Let's prove to all that Scottish Football can survive without the Newco.

http://www.blackhillbounders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/your_club_needs_you-203x300.jpg (http://www.blackhillbounders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/your_club_needs_you.jpg)

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Now is the time for all football fans to support their team. It is clear that all teams are going to take a hit for stopping the Newco entry into the SPL. To fill the gap, we as football fans have to stand up again and support our team.

The "I'm not going back until.............." is not going to work. For many clubs, there may not be a future if we don't replace the money lost through Newco not being allowed entry into the SPL.

So I would ask all fans of every SPL club, whether you are an infrequent supporter or a past-frequent supporter to get back to your club and buy a season ticket. Let's prove to all that Scottish Football can survive without the Newco.

http://www.blackhillbounders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/your_club_needs_you-203x300.jpg (http://www.blackhillbounders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/your_club_needs_you.jpg)

Before i sign up, can you tell me where Rangers will be playing next season?

c31
25-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Rewind back to the Pars game before the end of the season and the crowd at ER that evening.

Would be amazing if Hibs could get more people into ER for each match day and create a buzz that will benefit the players and improve our abysmal home record recently. :agree:

For that to happen we would need to spend a lot of money we don't have, unless there are 1000's of fans who will simply buy a season ticket because we vote them out, for me it needs be the signing of a lot of new players who are actually football players not the calibire of the impostures we have for the last few season.

Simple for the board, spend what we don't have and more fans will come, don't spend and they won't.......

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Before i sign up, can you tell me where Rangers will be playing next season?

Not in the SPL. Our club and another 5 of our member clubs have done all they can, now it is time to at least back our own team both vocally and financially.

mca
25-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Does Anyone Know if Hibs - might throw open the payment plan option again for punters !!

its Probably the only way i could afford to go back now.. :boo hoo:

theonlywayisup
25-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Not in the SPL. Our club and another 5 of our member clubs have done all they can, now it is time to at least back our own team both vocally and financially.

Exactly.......our club has done all they can at the moment!

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Does Anyone Know if Hibs - might throw open the payment plan option again for punters !!

its Probably the only way i could afford to go back now.. :boo hoo:

A good point, raise it directly with the club.

Explain your situation as you have done here.

Hibs have asked us fans to back them, you are prepared to so in my eyes something has to be done to accomodate you and others in the same boat.

This has been a clouded close season with the old cream bun situation so Hibs might have to relent on a one season basis.

For my sins I have got involved in the working groups, if you have no joy I will raise it as an issue at the next meeting.

Hibs / we need every single person to get behind the club.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 05:14 PM

Exactly.......our club has done all they can at the moment!

We all know that they wont be playing in the SPL, if they are in any division other than the bottom tier, then the people running Football in Scotland are corrupt. Its not for me.

CB_NO3
25-06-2012, 05:26 PM
We all know that they wont be playing in the SPL, if they are in any division other than the bottom tier, then the people running Football in Scotland are corrupt. Its not for me.

I agree. I will always support Hibs by going to my usual 75% of games in a season home and away but if the new huns go into Div 1 then whats the point? They will come back stronger, debt free and we will back to square one. It has to be Div 3 at the very least.

25-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.

Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?
:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2012, 06:27 PM

Good for you

marinello59
25-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree. I will always support Hibs by going to my usual 75% of games in a season home and away but if the new huns go into Div 1 then whats the point? They will come back stronger, debt free and we will back to square one. It has to be Div 3 at the very least.

And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2012, 06:32 PM
And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.

Finally .... somebody who can see the big picture :top marks

mca
25-06-2012, 06:37 PM
A good point, raise it directly with the club.

Explain your situation as you have done here.

Hibs have asked us fans to back them, you are prepared to so in my eyes something has to be done to accomodate you and others in the same boat.

This has been a clouded close season with the old cream bun situation so Hibs might have to relent on a one season basis.

For my sins I have got involved in the working groups, if you have no joy I will raise it as an issue at the next meeting.

Hibs / we need every single person to get behind the club.

:aok: Cheers.. I have emailed the Board.. But im guessing they are busy scratching each others erses at the moment..

I reckon - their will be quite a lot of people who havent done the early payment plan option.. and i suppose hibs need everyones pounds..

Quite sure Hibs could muster up some kind of payment plan system and it doesnt matter what time of the year you join in..

Why Turn Customers Away if They Want to Pay for games on a Monthly basis..

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 06:40 PM
:aok: Cheers.. I have emailed the Board.. But im guessing they are busy scratching each others erses at the moment..

I reckon - their will be quite a lot of people who havent done the early payment plan option.. and i suppose hibs need everyones pounds..

Quite sure Hibs could muster up some kind of payment plan system and it doesnt matter what time of the year you join in..

Why Turn Customers Away if They Want to Pay for games on a Monthly basis..

Good man, let us know how you get on.

Minder
25-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?

Eyrie
25-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I've said it before and it's worth repeating - I have no problem with them entering the Scottish Football League in Division One providing they are ineligible for promotion for the first two seasons, thus keeping them from the SPL for the same three year period that would happen if they started in Division Three.

Having nothing to play for might also hurt their attendences and finances in those two seasons, which would ease the problem marinello59 has raised.

lucky
25-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Great post. Some here can't see the trees for the woods

theonlywayisup
25-06-2012, 06:43 PM
From St. Johnstone's website:

It is important that a clear and unambiguous message goes out from the custodians of Scottish Football that this sort of scenario should never be allowed to happen again.

As a result, St Johnstone Football Club will not support an application by newco Rangers to join the SPL.

We would urge all St Johnstone fans to get behind the Club and offer their support in the challenging season which lies ahead.

Like I said above, all SPL football clubs really do need their support to get behind them and support them financially this coming season. If they don't, they may not have a football club.

Saorsa
25-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Good for youyeah, it is good for me :bye:

ALF TUPPER
25-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Today is a good day to be a Hibby.

Jonnyboy
25-06-2012, 07:04 PM

I agree with this.

There are fans on here who said at the end of last season they wouldn't renew because the team wasn't worth watching. Some of those fans have now jumped on the "Huns in Div 3" bandwagon and said they won't renew until this happens to Rangers. As someone posted earlier, it seems at times as though some fans look for reasons not to renew and latch onto them.

I hate the hun with a passion and if it were up to me they'd just be wound up and join Third Lanark, Clydebank etc but I'm a Hibs fan more than a hun hater and that's why I'll be going to support my team.

joe breezy
25-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Not you

Some who're saying that Hibs are still pish so I'll still no go back but were also saying Hibs better vote no or I'll boycott type stuff

I won't be buying a season ticket - I live in Essex but I'll make sure I contribute more than I would have

jgl07
25-06-2012, 07:22 PM
For me the dealbreaker was that Rangers should not be in the SPL next season. This now appears to be assured.

I am not over concerned if the SFL are bribed by Sky to bend their rules to let Rangers into Division One. I think it is far more likely that they will end up in Division Three or not play at all in 2012-13.

I agree it is time to get behind Hibs and also to get behind the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee United, and Aberdeen by travelling to away matches in numbers.

Hopefully there will be an increase in attendances next season.

Fan power forced certain clubs to over-rule the bean counters. Fan power now needs to mobilize those who pick their matches to come more often.

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Given the crowds at Easter Road since the 60's, I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question.

mrdependable
25-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Next season and the next few seasons will be the most important period in Scottish football for a long time. The media and all who think Scottish football cannot survive without Rangers would love to point to SPL clubs struggling and in crisis. Now is the time to show that we dont need them and that the game can be stronger with a more level playing field. The SPL, SFL, SFA, club boards all have a part to play, but so do all fans to show support and to continue making our feelings known

Hibbyradge
25-06-2012, 08:13 PM
If clubs do go to the wall or even if the whole of Scottish football itself goes down the drain, it will ALL be Rangers' fault.

They caused this not the other SPL clubs.

QMU-1875
25-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Well done hibs! With that announcement me and another friend are going to get ourselves a season ticket for the east stand next season, delighted with that announcement! I said i wouldn't come back after that final for a long time but hibs have stood up to the old firm from the very beginning and it really is now more than ever that our club needs us! Together we can make hibs stronger than ever before so lets do it and who knows maybe without the h*ns we can give it a go!
:hibees

tamsonsbairn
25-06-2012, 08:53 PM

Well GG I don't know about you but there is and has been only Three True Loves in my life, sadly two didn't work out as I hoped they would, but the Third has always been, deep down the one that I will never lose my love for, guess who that Old Lady is, correct Hibernian FC. Yes they have let me down many a time in my 47 years of this love affair. At the end of the day the old saying go's you can divorce as many wives as you like but you only ever love ONE football club. As for your statement that we are being asked to forget the Horror Show from last season, where in Rods statement does he say this or are you putting words into his mouth. If you feel you are being shafted then by all means stay away from the club, and yes I am one of the ones who has renewed my brief for next season, and no I didn't have to bend over and wait for any shafting as you so eloquently phrase it. Also you say, Rod's statement along with all the other chairmen of clubs who have voted to punt the Gers into whatever league doesn't change a damn thing, after the 4th July it is out of the hands of the SPL chairmen, it will be up to the chairman of the SFL to vote on wether the Gers start in the 3rd or as it seems may be the case the SFL1. Please give Pat Fenlon a chance to see what he can or even can't bring to the table and we will take it from there. This is a time when your club needs your wholehearted support, if you feel you cannot give it to them then as I have said previously stay away.:pfgwa :hibees

mca
25-06-2012, 09:34 PM
After Decades of the Weegies Running things.... !!!!

Hibs Have Stood Up To Be Counted Against Them..
. Now They Need Our Help.. More Than Ever.. :flag:

Ryan91
25-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll be back at ER this season after being away from it last year. I sincerely hope that we can all get behind the club, now more than ever. Whilst the green half of Glasgow may well run away with the title next year, our club needs to be one of the main voices in having things changed with regards to the league. First things first - get rid of Donkey Doncaster - the man desperately tried to keep the Huns and knows nothing about the game, a man with knowledge and passion for the Scottish game needs to be put in charge of our top league. A change in the voting structure also needs to be put forward as one of the most important issues.

In a few years time we may well have a truly competitive league.

GGTTH

brydekirk
25-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Finally .... somebody who can see the big picture :top marks

Agree, great post.

whiskyhibby
26-06-2012, 06:02 AM
I agree with this.

There are fans on here who said at the end of last season they wouldn't renew because the team wasn't worth watching. Some of those fans have now jumped on the "Huns in Div 3" bandwagon and said they won't renew until this happens to Rangers. As someone posted earlier, it seems at times as though some fans look for reasons not to renew and latch onto them.

I hate the hun with a passion and if it were up to me they'd just be wound up and join Third Lanark, Clydebank etc but I'm a Hibs fan more than a hun hater and that's why I'll be going to support my team.

Absolutely spot on! Don't look for excuses, get behind the team and the others that have committed to voting no or the SPL could implode next year

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2012, 06:54 AM
yeah, it is good for me :bye:

Ach ... yer right sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ... I take it back.

What I meant to say was summed up perfectly by Marinello59 in his post.

There will be some folk who fall into the all or nothing camp on this one. I just hope that the vast majority of supporters round Scotland fall into the 'lets look to the future camp'

Saorsa
26-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Ach ... yer right sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ... I take it back.

What I meant to say was summed up perfectly by Marinello59 in his post.

There will be some folk who fall into the all or nothing camp on this one. I just hope that the vast majority of supporters round Scotland fall into the 'lets look to the future camp'I have nae wish tae stop going tae the fitba, I was even talking tae my mate yesterday tae see what seats were available near him for season ticket purchase as I still hope the right thing will be done by all following on from what the SPL clubs have done and I will be at the fitba. I winnae however stand for any subverting of the rules or any attempts tae treat this club differently from any other, that's just how I feel and that's no going tae change.

Littlest Hobo
26-06-2012, 08:12 AM
It's not about Rangers for me

It's not about how much money we spend.

All I would like to see us do is get back on the right path again.

We as a football club have lost our way the last few seasons.

I go to Easter Road to enjoy myself, I'm hoping the players will try and entertain me and the thousands of others who work hard all week and need something to take their minds off all the doom and gloom that's happening in the world right now.

Eleven guys trying to play the right way would do for me.

Will I buy a ST?

I'm not convinced ER will be a happy place again next season with or without Rangers.

I'll probably go to some games, my decision to go again soon after is usually based on how much I enjoyed the last game.

I'll never give up going, I just want to be entertained.

Is that too much to ask?

JimBHibees
26-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.

Whats stopping them moving the league games to Falkirk?

While I wont be happy if Rangers dont get put down to Division 3 that isnt in Hibs gift to control that decision. What does need to happen though is for the SPL teams to radically change the shape and voting structure of the league while Rangers are not in it. I am sure you will get the usual posturing from the other cheek but it is vital that a fairer playing field is now delivered.

The second part is for as many Hibs fans (and fans of the other teams) to support the club as possible as you can be sure that the compromised journos like Traynor et al would like noting more than the non-OF teams struggling. This is massive in Scottish football however it is up to the fans to come in more numbers and also provide an entertaining and competitive brand of football.

Get along and buy season tickets if you can, get along to as many games as possible and buy more stuff out of the club shop.

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:03 AM
I ink it's time to start trying to think a bit more positively about the current opportunities.

We've been rubbish, no getting away from it but we now have a bit of leeway to get the right players in to the club.

IF we can do that, and we all start at zero again now, we have a great opportunity to fight for second place and to compete in both cups.

Scottish football must surely now change in terms of the voting and money distribution so we should be seeing this as the possible start of a good period.

Let's face it, some of the other clubs are going to struggle with their own budget and stadium issues and so we are well place to be a major player.

That said we have to take this opportunity to sort out what happens on the pitch. What's done is done and we need to stop dwelling on our poor form and let this new team and new management begin with our positive support.

I hope those that were posturing about supporting Hibs more if Rangers were dealt with follow through with it.

Lucius Apuleius
26-06-2012, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;3275166]Whats stopping them moving the league games to Falkirk?

QUOTE]

Think the Shire could be used as an analogy for all the lower division teams. Very few of them have the means to segregate.

Cocohibby
26-06-2012, 10:11 AM

This:agree:

StevieC
26-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Think the Shire could be used as an analogy for all the lower division teams. Very few of them have the means to segregate.

Which teams are unable to host these fixtures?

I'm yet to see a Scottish Cup tie forfeited because a lower division team was unable to host an SPL team.

JimBHibees
26-06-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm yet to see a Scottish Cup tie forfeited because a lower division team was unable to host an SPL team.

I agree they have the choice either a very small all ticket crowd or if logistically an issue move their home games v Rangers to a larger ground such as Falkirk in East Stirling's case. I would have thought that Rangers being in Div 3 would have been a massive bonus for these teams and surprised that may not appear to be the case. The main issue of course is that they will have less chance of promotion because of Gers in league.

The Green Goblin
26-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Well GG I don't know about you but there is and has been only Three True Loves in my life, sadly two didn't work out as I hoped they would, but the Third has always been, deep down the one that I will never lose my love for, guess who that Old Lady is, correct Hibernian FC. Yes they have let me down many a time in my 47 years of this love affair. At the end of the day the old saying go's you can divorce as many wives as you like but you only ever love ONE football club. As for your statement that we are being asked to forget the Horror Show from last season, where in Rods statement does he say this or are you putting words into his mouth. If you feel you are being shafted then by all means stay away from the club, and yes I am one of the ones who has renewed my brief for next season, and no I didn't have to bend over and wait for any shafting as you so eloquently phrase it. Also you say, Rod's statement along with all the other chairmen of clubs who have voted to punt the Gers into whatever league doesn't change a damn thing, after the 4th July it is out of the hands of the SPL chairmen, it will be up to the chairman of the SFL to vote on wether the Gers start in the 3rd or as it seems may be the case the SFL1. Please give Pat Fenlon a chance to see what he can or even can't bring to the table and we will take it from there. This is a time when your club needs your wholehearted support, if you feel you cannot give it to them then as I have said previously stay away.:pfgwa :hibees

I appreciate that post, thank you. I am going to have a wee think about what you wrote before replying properly, but let me just say that no, I am not in a good place with Hibs right now, and I am not pretending otherwise. I Just had my heart broken too badly in the cup final, after 30 years of supporting the club through thick and thin with everything I had, but this was one let-down too far for me. I travelled 12000 miles and spent a months wages (that I will be paying off for the next 6 months) and I did my part as a supporter, but what happened on May 19 just "broke" something inside of me. I gave everything I had, as I have done so many times before, and that was what was offered in return. Not even making a game of it. At every turn, it always seems to be that when something goes wrong, it is always the fans who are asked to fix it, by reaching into their pockets yet again. My "shafting" comment was maybe a bit ott, but that's how it seems to me. 9 managers plus 2 caretakers in 11 years and a team that has eroded away to almost nothing. A few weeks ago, it was about the team and whether or not it would be rebuilt properly. Now, it's about supporting the team because Hibs said no to the Newhuns. That wasn't a brave decision, it was the RIGHT decision, the ONLY decision to make. There shouldn't have been any doubt about it, but now it is being used as the reason (note, I didn't say "excuse") to yet again reach into our pockets and prove our worth for the umpteenth time. Well, tell me this- when are the club going to give us a team worthy of the support we give it? As much as this may sound like a rant, it's not intended as such - it's just how I feel, and, as I have posted elsewhere since the final, it's a horrible thing to feel and I wish so much it wasn't like this. So, maybe you are right, you know? About staying away. I have always tried to be positive and 100% in my support of Hibs. When I come back, I book my match tickets ages in advance and plan my trip around the games. Now, it's just different. I just haven't gotten over May 19th, and it has made me bitter and angry. I thought I might be over it by now, but I am not. That's just the way it is for me and I'm feeling very sorry and frustrated because of it. I am just writing from the heart here. I'll think on what you wrote and again I thank you for taking the time to think and reply. GG

Lucius Apuleius
26-06-2012, 11:23 AM

I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate. I ahve not a clue which clubs are like this. I am a Hibs supporter. How many 3rd division grounds do you think I could have been at since they brought in segregation? Bear in mind segregation never used to occur at all. Maybe that is the way it would be. To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a flying one whether they segregate for the hun or not. I was merely pointing out that I think very few of them, not just teh Shire, have the ability to do so. Cups would not be forfeired they aould move to a bigger ground if they wanted to. Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st. :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I completely agree with the clubs decision but I think some posts are giving the club a bit too much credit. They made the only decision they could and I'd as far as saying there was such overwhelming agreement amongst the fans that the decision was made for them. Voting yes would have been completely impossible.

As has rightly been said above, kicking the Huns down to division 3 is only the start and sorting out the distribution of finances and the league voting structure is essential to stopping the downward spiral of the SPL.

But, as has also been said, now the fans have been heard it's important for people (obviously if circstances permit) to come out and support the club. This is a real opportunity to get the SPL back on track and we should do everything we can to make it work.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate. I ahve not a clue which clubs are like this. I am a Hibs supporter. How many 3rd division grounds do you think I could have been at since they brought in segregation? Bear in mind segregation never used to occur at all. Maybe that is the way it would be. To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a flying one whether they segregate for the hun or not. I was merely pointing out that I think very few of them, not just teh Shire, have the ability to do so. Cups would not be forfeired they aould move to a bigger ground if they wanted to. Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st. :greengrin

Every season a small club, maybe from the 3rd division are drawn at home to one of the bigots. We then hear how great it is for that team, and how it will keep them going for another season or 2.

How do these club manage to stage these games without segregation, and why are they so grateful for the draw?

I cant remember any of these games being switched to a different ground, although i'm happy to be corrected?

Another scare story to add to the others that are just not true.

JimBHibees
26-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
East Stirlingshire
Elgin City
Montrose
Peterhead
Queen's Park
Stirling Albion
Stranraer

These are the Division 3 teams, many of which have hosted the OF in the past so think it is a nonsense argument to be made for Rangers not being put in bottom division. They even get a chance to go to Hampden. :greengrin

1two
26-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I think rod is up to his usual tricks. He's obviously seen we're set for a big loss from the free OF tickets to season ticket holders so he's voted them out to make a big saving.

Poor show in my opinion

Part/Time Supporter
26-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Every season a small club, maybe from the 3rd division are drawn at home to one of the bigots. We then hear how great it is for that team, and how it will keep them going for another season or 2.

How do these club manage to stage these games without segregation, and why are they so grateful for the draw?

I cant remember any of these games being switched to a different ground, although i'm happy to be corrected?

Another scare story to add to the others that are just not true.

Those cup ties are almost always televised, which means about £100K from Sky. They wash their face on the gate less security costs, the TV money is the profit. If Rangers were in SFL3 there would be no bonanza for the other clubs, because the games wouldn't be on live television.

inglisavhibs
26-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Sorry mate i doubt you have been speaking to a Shire official and if you have he doesn't know much about his own club! Shire share facilities with Stenhousemuir at Ochilview which has perfect segregation in place.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Those cup ties are almost always televised, which means about £100K from Sky. They wash their face on the gate less security costs, the TV money is the profit. If Rangers were in SFL3 there would be no bonanza for the other clubs, because the games wouldn't be on live television.

I never thought of that, although because of demand a new TV deal for the SFL would be made, and i'd hazard a guess there might be TV at their games? :dunno:

down-the-slope
26-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree they have the choice either a very small all ticket crowd or if logistically an issue move their home games v Rangers to a larger ground such as Falkirk in East Stirling's case. I would have thought that Rangers being in Div 3 would have been a massive bonus for these teams and surprised that may not appear to be the case. The main issue of course is that they will have less chance of promotion because of Gers in league.

Jim - I find this odd.

Most of us don't want Sevco 5088 in the SPL...what makes people suddenly think that having them in Div 3 would be positive for that league?

The nice family atmosphere their fans will create / the increased policing costs / the smell of *ish from every one of clubs small town doorways / the chance to be fall guys in a version of football similar to WWF / safety changes and costs that may only be needed for one season...I could go on...

JimBHibees
26-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Jim - I find this odd.

Most of us don't want Sevco 5088 in the SPL...what makes people suddenly think that having them in Div 3 would be positive for that league?

The nice family atmosphere their fans will create / the increased policing costs / the smell of *ish from every one of clubs small town doorways / the chance to be fall guys in a version of football similar to WWF / safety changes and costs that may only be needed for one season...I could go on...

No doubt the clubs would need to have a peg on their nose while playing them however I would have thought that they would make a reasonable profit on these games especially if there is a tv deal attached. Some of these clubs only get 2 or 300 at games so to get Rangers twice at their ground in a season could see them right for a few years I would have thought.

StevieC
26-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate.

My apologies. I thought the jist of your post was that if they couldn't segregate they couldn't host.

Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st. :greengrin

Okay.

Unsure about Annan, Elgin and Peterhead. The rest can segregate.
The obvious choices would seem to be Inverness or Aberdeen for Elgin or Peterhead, although their stadiums look like they could be segregated by housing home fans in the stands. Annan might be a bit harder, but they are close to the motorway and Motherwell/Hamilton might be possible, although Carlisle is the closest.

Lucius Apuleius
26-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Think people are missing the point of my post. I was merely pointing out that if the Chairman of the Shire had a problem with segregation then so would others. As I said previously I could not give a flying one about the 3rd 2nd or even 1st division and how they segregate or otherwise their grounds.

StevieC
26-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Great post. Some here can't see the trees for the woods

Not sure what you mean Kev.
Rangers debt was effectively wiped the day that they went into Administration, so they were always going to be stronger, regardless of which division they are playing in (if any) this season. Not much anyone could have said or done about that, it was taken out of everyones hands while the Administrators slowly dismantled the horrendous mess.
If and when they return to the SPL they may well come back stronger than they were before Administration, but I'm not convinced it will be by much. I don't think that there are many that are thinking they are out, now back to business as usual. There will be rule changes, there will be a better distribution of money and fans have been pushing for league construction for a while now, so that's not going to suddenly stop.

Chuck Rhoades
13-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Sevco into Division 3 - for those who want to and can afford it now is the time to put the the last season and Rangers situation behind us and support the club we all love, Hibernian.

Thecat23
13-07-2012, 01:13 PM
This...

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Sevco into Division 3 - for those who want to and can afford it now is the time to put the the last season and Rangers situation behind us and support the club we all love, Hibernian.

:top marks:top marks:flag::flag:

cocopops1875
13-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Nah sure some will find anothee excuse not to renew

Onion
13-07-2012, 01:18 PM

Agree with this, but be prepared for a few more twists and turns before this is concluded. Gonna get bump.

Northernhibee
13-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Was made redundant three weeks ago. Soon as I'm back in work I'll be down at ER to join the party :flag:

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 01:22 PM
If this decision is not contested and an attempt made to put NewCo into SPL / SPL2, I'm going to buy my Dad and Niece STs for the coming season.

He said he wouldn't be back if they got off lightly.

green glory
13-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Get your ST's and give Nutsy the funds he needs.

GGTTH.

Steve20
Nah sure some will find anothee excuse not to renew

Correct my excuse is I've not renewed for the first time in 15 years because i'm still not over the cup final and will wait to see what Hibs are doing this summer after years of garbage on the pitch. Hibs owe the fans big style.

The situation at the Huns was never going to affect whether I get a season ticket or not.

DC_Hibs
I'm not going back until both Doncaster and Regan are removed from office.

My boycott started off with "No Newco in SPL".

Then quickly moved onto "No Newco in Div 1".

Running out of ideas for the next excuse not to attend.........

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 01:34 PM

No NewCo in SFL3?

Macaroon
13-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Correct my excuse is I've not renewed for the first time in 15 years because i'm still not over the cup final and will wait to see what Hibs are doing this summer after years of garbage on the pitch. Hibs owe the fans big style.

The situation at the Huns was never going to affect whether I get a season ticket or not.

Players that you want to see at ER cannot be brought in without people committing to Season Tickets. People who are waiting for the season to start are doing no good to the club when they finally do renew as the ST money was intended solely for transfers. It's time for so called "supporters" who can afford it to support their club regardless of situation and help Hibs to bring in the quality of players that Hibs need and deserve.

flash
13-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Well it should do. If you don't understand why then there is little hope.

S4uzee
13-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Spot on, everthing here is similar to my thinking

green&left
13-07-2012, 01:41 PM

The weather.....

Pity I can't make tomorrow but even more so looking forward to Belgium and the start of the season.

Jobs not over yet though, next out has to be Regan and Doncaster!

LancashireHibby
13-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Won't be buying a season ticket for pure cost reasons, but I'm delighted that I'm able to continue attending games.

18Craig75
13-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Players that you want to see at ER cannot be brought in without people committing to Season Tickets. People who are waiting for the season to start are doing no good to the club when they finally do renew as the ST money was intended solely for transfers. It's time for so called "supporters" who can afford it to support their club regardless of situation and help Hibs to bring in the quality of players that Hibs need and deserve.

Motherwell, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness & St Mirren all finished above us and none were humiliated by their rivals; And if you believe the Hibs board all on budgets inferior to ours...Get off your high horse - the club have a lot of making up to do, not the fans.

MB62
13-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Motherwell, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness & St Mirren all finished above us and none were humiliated by their rivals; And if you believe the Hibs board all on budgets inferior to ours...Get off your high horse - the club have a lot of making up to do, not the fans.

I can fully understand both arguements here and neither are wrong IMO.
My own position is and always, I will be a PATG supporter simply because I will be missing at least 3 home games and a season ticket is not value for money based on that. I know the club desperately need our cash but unfortunately I am not a charity financer, I am desperately needing my cash too.

As for the SEVCO decision, whilst pleased that they will be in div 3 as it stands, I doubt we have heard the last of this escapade.

happiehibbie
13-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Well peeps we got what we wanted lets buy our ST and get behind the team the board and Pray to god its better than last year

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Buy your Season Ticket Now..............but don't try it onlne as they're no longer available there.......and don't try phoning in to the Ticket Office cos there's no one answering calls today!

Let's all get behind the club!

* Disclaimer: But only if you live within easy travelling distance of the stadium :na na:

JustSimplyHibs
13-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Well peeps we got what we wanted lets buy our ST and get behind the team the board and Pray to god its better than last year

Totally, now is the time to fill Easter Road for once and maintain attendance levels above 17000

silverhibee
13-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Feel the same way, a bleeping nightmare that wont go away. :agree:

California-Hibs
13-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Hopefully people who stated ''I'm not buying one unless Rangers are demoted to Division . If they are, then i'll be first in the que'' will not act as hypocrites now, and will stand by their words and support HIBERNIAN! :agree:

This is a very good and historic day for Scottish Football, Hibs need our support now more than EVER! Time to put money where mouths are and give Pat a few more pennies to bring in new players. :agree:

marinello59
13-07-2012, 04:12 PM
It doesn't take long for a positive rallying call to be taken over by whining 'the club owes me' types does it? We'll support you evermore. Maybe you should get off your high horse and get behind the team from day one of the new season. They are going to need us more than ever now.

LeighLoyal
13-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I will be buying one. First time in four years! :aok:

Beefster
13-07-2012, 04:22 PM
People who are waiting for the season to start are doing no good to the club when they finally do renew as the ST money was intended solely for transfers.

This is utter rubbish.

down-the-slope
13-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I am on the one hand pleased that both the SPL & SFL have not been blackmailed into any other desicions than that they have made.

However the financial consequenses that are now brought about by the actions of one club will now be felt in even greater measure by all 41 clubs as central revenue drops by 50% or possibly more.

We really need fans of all clubs to back their clubs and each other in view of this. I truly hope fans of every club who have made this their 'line in the sand' will renew ST's / commit as 'walk ups' / buy merchandise etc.

With the probablity of more saturday 3pm games we will also see if the fans do respond to the traditional KO time as many have said they would.

Ozyhibby
13-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I will be purchasing two tickets in the next week or so.

whiskyhibby
13-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Got mine already but I want to buy two kicks for kids tickets but nothing on the website?

basehibby
13-07-2012, 05:35 PM

:agree: :top marks - and this goes for EVERY club in Scotland - not just Hibs.

The clubs have rightly acted in accordance with the wishes of their supporters - despite the apocalyptic prophecies of various high profile harbingers of doom. IMO it is now the responsibility nay DUTY of fans up and down the country to prove the doom-mongers wrong by turning up at the gates in large numbers to offset any drop in revenue resulting from the demise of the Huns.

The clubs have now done their bit due to pressure from the fans and it would be nothing short of a betrayal IMO for anyone who has agitated for justice to be done regarding newco Huns to withdraw their support now that their demands have been met. Fan power has made a massive difference in bringing this debacle to a just conclusion - but it will all come to nought if we don't back it up with the power of the pounds in our pockets.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 05:38 PM
:agree: :top marks - and this goes for EVERY club in Scotland - not just Hibs.

The clubs have rightly acted in accordance with the wishes of their supporters - despite the apocalyptic prophecies of various high profile harbingers of doom. IMO it is now the responsibility nay DUTY of fans up and down the country to prove the doom-mongers wrong by turning up at the gates in large numbers to offset any drop in revenue resulting from the demise of the Huns.

The clubs have now done their bit due to pressure from the fans and it would be nothing short of a betrayal IMO for anyone who has agitated for justice to be done regarding newco Huns to withdraw their support now that their demands have been met. Fan power has made a massive difference in bringing this debacle to a just conclusion - but it will all come to nought if we don't back it up with the power of the pounds in our pockets.

Every supporter of every club who voted NO should be proud tonight......:agree::agree:

IFONLY
13-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Totally, now is the time to fill Easter Road for once and maintain attendance levels above 17000

You are surely deluded if you think that>

Winston Ingram
13-07-2012, 05:46 PM

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. I nearly renewed after they announced they wouldn't be voting for Newco getting back into the SPL then they topped it by coming up with the Div 1 pish.

Until it's confirmed by the SFA/SPL that they are starting in Div 3 my money is staying in my bank account. I wouldn't put anything past the incompetent tits who are in charge of our game and would trust them as far as I could throw them

As soon as that confirmation comes, I'll renew:agree:

basehibby
13-07-2012, 05:47 PM

:agree: regular gates of 17000+ would be pure barry I'm sure you agree, but perhaps 12000 plus is a more realistic target if still an optimistic one.

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 05:53 PM
6 Season tickets for my family will be bought IF Der Hun are really in Division 3.

SouthamptonHibs
13-07-2012, 06:03 PM
PATG for me, i should get to 8 or so Hibs games this year at ER (if there any good). Up for first two home games, if we get beat by Hearts on 11th that is likely to put me off booking loads off extra flights up. If that happens i'll put my money into the Hibernians scheme...might aswell try and help the new crop grow. I'm Still scared but May 19th Hibs need to sign two strikers 4 decent midfielders and another defender to have a decent season. sorry started moaning on what is a great day for Scottish Football. Hail Hail

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 06:07 PM
PATG for me, i should get to 8 or so Hibs games this year at ER (if there any good). Up for first two home games, if we get beat by Hearts on 11th that is likely to put me off booking loads off extra flights up. If that happens i'll put my money into the Hibernians scheme...might aswell try and help the new crop grow. I'm Still scared but May 19th Hibs need to sign two strikers 4 decent midfielders and another defender to have a decent season. sorry started moaning on what is a great day for Scottish Football. Hail Hail

So you want another 7 players in before the kick off in 3 weeks.....Did Hibs win the Euromillions on Tuesday?

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I realise it's a personal decision but it would be great if as many fans of the remaining clubs made the effort to get to as many games as possible, even to buy Season Tickets.

I realise that Hibs have been terrible for years now and that some fans are putting off buying STs until they see some decent signings. What I would say to them is that it's totally understandable but we're now in a new situation where the club really needs you.

It's no longer about the quality of the football but whether you want Scottish Football, and Hibs in particular, to be here in the long run and, hopefully, successful.

Bishop Hibee
13-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Perhaps more realistically we should be targeting a home fixture and trying to fill 3 sides of the stadium. This would go a long way to cancelling out the lost income from visit(s) of oldco supporters. First home game of the season as per the Dons would be sensible :agree:. Show 'them' that we are still here supporting our club.

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2012, 06:13 PM
There are piles of currant buns out there just dying for all of the folk who were determined for them to end up in division3 to prove all of their claims that Scottish football will die without them correct.

Mr Regan and Mr Doncaster I am sure are just dying for a chance to say 'I told you so'

The only people out there who can stop that from happening is us .... the fans. The final battle in this war is the one to prove who was right. Can the fans save the game? ... or was Jim Traynor right? ... are we just a bunch of keyboard heros without the first idea of how to stop the demise of Scottish football?

If you are a supporter of any club in the SPL and you want to keep your club in business, then how your club performed last season, or the season before, or before that, should be the least of your concerns ..... this is now about saving your club. Whats the point of sitting back waiting for your club to do better if your way of doing that is sitting back and letting it die?

**** me .... this ( and I'm sure the message boards of every club ) has been awash over the last few months with folk pushing each other out of the way to get to the front of the huge queue of supporters who were all just desperate to outdo each other with their high minded statements of integrity at any cost.

Well .......... It looks like we ( Include myself ) have now got the vote for sporting integrity 99% of us wanted.

But ...... Its easy to bang on about integrity and fairness and all that high minded stuff when it doesnt cost you anything ..... But getting what we wanted has cost our club and every other club a huge amount of money, thats the cost of this .. So the time has now come to ante up.

Or is this, and every other message board in Scotland just like Jim Traynor and his cronies said all along ..... Populated by a bunch of blowhards.

GGTTH

Hibs7
13-07-2012, 06:36 PM
As many people as possible turn up at the first home game, fill the stadium and show "Rangers defunct", Regan and Doncaster that we CAN survive without the cheats.
18-19,000 at the first home game will show what we can do.
I will, who else thinks it is worth it.?

SouthamptonHibs
13-07-2012, 06:38 PM
So you want another 7 players in before the kick off in 3 weeks.....Did Hibs win the Euromillions on Tuesday?

I've been waiting for Hibs to sign all 11 players since May 20th mate. I thought they would come out and get a couple off signings early to get the fans buzzing for new season. Hibs have left themselves with a shocking midfield and no strikeforce three weeks before the season starts. i can only think they have been waiting for todays news. We have a tough start to the season Hibs have one chance to get it right v Hearts on 11th if we get beat again it will be hard to get fans to turn up for the remainder of the season mate....hopefully we sign aload off decent players and we pump the hearts on the 11th

18Craig75
13-07-2012, 07:42 PM
It doesn't take long for a positive rallying call to be taken over by whining 'the club owes me' types does it? We'll support you evermore. Maybe you should get off your high horse and get behind the team from day one of the new season. They are going to need us more than ever now.

My post was in response to another poster who was having a go at someone for still hurting and feeling negative about Hibs after the final/last season...which IMO is completely justifiable. Who do you think you are preaching to me about supporting the club? My season ticket was bought and paid for months ago, but I can completely understand why other folk haven't renewed yet because I feel completely humiliated and let down by the club as well.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I've been waiting for Hibs to sign all 11 players since May 20th mate. I thought they would come out and get a couple off signings early to get the fans buzzing for new season. Hibs have left themselves with a shocking midfield and no strikeforce three weeks before the season starts. i can only think they have been waiting for todays news. We have a tough start to the season Hibs have one chance to get it right v Hearts on 11th if we get beat again it will be hard to get fans to turn up for the remainder of the season mate....hopefully we sign aload off decent players and we pump the hearts on the 11th

Seriously you are kidding right??? If we lose to them on the 11th it wont be great but we live with it.....I can't agree with you saying that it would be hard for fans to go back for the remainder of the season, it would only be the first home game of season.....I can't get my head around that statement....

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2012, 08:35 PM
There are piles of currant buns out there just dying for all of the folk who were determined for them to end up in division3 to prove all of their claims that Scottish football will die without them correct.

Mr Regan and Mr Doncaster I am sure are just dying for a chance to say 'I told you so'

The only people out there who can stop that from happening is us .... the fans. The final battle in this war is the one to prove who was right. Can the fans save the game? ... or was Jim Traynor right? ... are we just a bunch of keyboard heros without the first idea of how to stop the demise of Scottish football?

If you are a supporter of any club in the SPL and you want to keep your club in business, then how your club performed last season, or the season before, or before that, should be the least of your concerns ..... this is now about saving your club. Whats the point of sitting back waiting for your club to do better if your way of doing that is sitting back and letting it die?

**** me .... this ( and I'm sure the message boards of every club ) has been awash over the last few months with folk pushing each other out of the way to get to the front of the huge queue of supporters who were all just desperate to outdo each other with their high minded statements of integrity at any cost.

Well .......... It looks like we ( Include myself ) have now got the vote for sporting integrity 99% of us wanted.

But ...... Its easy to bang on about integrity and fairness and all that high minded stuff when it doesnt cost you anything ..... But getting what we wanted has cost our club and every other club a huge amount of money, thats the cost of this .. So the time has now come to ante up.

Or is this, and every other message board in Scotland just like Jim Traynor and his cronies said all along ..... Populated by a bunch of blowhards.

GGTTH

Many a wise word written that's the challenge we face.

JustSimplyHibs
13-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Not deluded at all wee man, the purpose of building a 20000 all seater stadium is to fill it esp. the home end, every time you play, at home!

Why waste money if you have no intention in filling it, every home game?

Where is the delusion?

We live in a city where a near half million people live in it - we only attract 6500-8000 out of that half million, at least a third of that half million follow Hibs, it is upto the club to entice the third back to the club.

One Day
13-07-2012, 10:06 PM

The only people out there who can stop that from happening is us .... the fans. GGTTH

Thats the bottom line, lets get out there and show them

Spike Mandela
14-07-2012, 05:58 AM
This isn't just about backing the team, it isn't about a thumbs up or down to Petrie and it certainly isn't about hoping Rangers die or any of that nonsense.

This is about proving the doomsayers wrong. We have a massive thread on here full of passion and cries for justice from the ordinary fan. Much disillusionment was forecast should the newco get a soft landing in the SPL or Div 1 but it hasn't happened.

Now we have to brace ourselves, take a deep breath and get ourselves down to ER, Tynie, Tannadice, Killie, wherever your favourite team resides and get your crowds up. What a massive snub to the likes of Regan, Doncaster, Traynor and Murdoch that would be.

If it doesn't happen, and the game deteriorates, the likes of Traynor will never tire of telling us and we really will have cut off our nose to spite our face.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (says a man from Alloa:wink:)

SouthamptonHibs
14-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Seriously you are kidding right??? If we lose to them on the 11th it wont be great but we live with it.....I can't agree with you saying that it would be hard for fans to go back for the remainder of the season, it would only be the first home game of season.....I can't get my head around that statement....

Baldy im hurting im still fubar from May for me Hibs need to show me some love now ps loads off ST's over the years plus i got married at the stadium mate....i love hibs but im pissed off we have all these great facilities but a **** team......if Hibs don't beat hearts on 11th i won't be hurrying up to see them...im bored off there bon belief...i love then but come on 11 games and we cant beat a team like Hearts .....

IFONLY
14-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Not deluded at all wee man, the purpose of building a 20000 all seater stadium is to fill it esp. the home end, every time you play, at home!

Why waste money if you have no intention in filling it, every home game?

Where is the delusion?

We live in a city where a near half million people live in it - we only attract 6500-8000 out of that half million, at least a third of that half million follow Hibs, it is upto the club to entice the third back to the club.

Cant fill it for a local derby or the old firm visits who do you think would be the opposition when we fill it??

Dashing Bob S
14-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Cant fill it for a local derby or the old firm visits who do you think would be the opposition when we fill it??

The Old Firm are not a big draw for Hibs fans. An early OF game at ER tends to pack in a decent Hibs support, when new season optimism is high. In subsequent games however, there are often far less Hibs fans than there would be for games against M'well, A'deen, DU etc, the crowd inflated by a full away end.

This is because few supporters enjoy witnessing the ugly triumphalism of a sectarian, cheating bigot fest.

This to me is that fundamental lie about the drawing power of Rangers. They (and Celtic) drive away as many decent fans per season as they bring to games.

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Perhaps SKY will do the decent thing and leave the £80,000,000 on the table.

:greengrin

Saorsa
14-07-2012, 01:58 PM
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. I nearly renewed after they announced they wouldn't be voting for Newco getting back into the SPL then they topped it by coming up with the Div 1 pish.

Until it's confirmed by the SFA/SPL that they are starting in Div 3 my money is staying in my bank account. I wouldn't put anything past the incompetent tits who are in charge of our game and would trust them as far as I could throw them

As soon as that confirmation comes, I'll renew:agree:This.

I wouldnae trust these scheming *******s as far as I could throw a grand piano. Once I see the fixture lists published and confirmed with them in division 3 then I'll make my move and no before

basehibby
14-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I think many fans will be waiting to see the outcome of the forthcoming SPL summit - if they try any funny stuff with a hastilly assembled SPL2 I think we can expect a host of supporters to turn their backs on the game in Scotland out of pure disgust at the two-faced hypocracy of it all.

If on the other hand, the SPL continue to plow the furrow of sporting integrity then I would expect an upsurge in ST sales around the country as those with the means to do so register their approval at justice being upheld.

I'm not quite in good enough financial shape to go for a ST at the mo but expect to be registering my approval at the right outcome by heading down the shop and purchasing a new home top and by getting to as many games as possible in the new season.

I would be utterly amazed if the rumours about a hastilly convened SPL2 did come to fruition - with all that has happenned it would be an exercise in outright stupidity as the SPL clubs would be throwing away at a stroke all of the goodwill and respect built up amongst their supporters as this whole sorry episode has unfolded.

basehibby
14-07-2012, 02:45 PM
The Old Firm are not a big draw for Hibs fans. An early OF game at ER tends to pack in a decent Hibs support, when new season optimism is high. In subsequent games however, there are often far less Hibs fans than there would be for games against M'well, A'deen, DU etc, the crowd inflated by a full away end.

This is because few supporters enjoy witnessing the ugly triumphalism of a sectarian, cheating bigot fest.

This to me is that fundamental lie about the drawing power of Rangers. They (and Celtic) drive away as many decent fans per season as they bring to games.

:agree: Very true Bob - something that is starkly demonstrated by the widespread tendency of parents NOT to take their younger kids along to games vs the OF for fear of exposing them to the threat of violence as well as the whole nauseating bileous bigot fest which unfailingly unfolds.

Famous Fiver
14-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Dashing Bob S

I am right with you.

Hibs home support against the Old Firm has dwindled over the years and I put it down to the bigoted sectarian bile which spills out of the away end.

Losing Old Firm income can easily be made up by increased home crowds, obviously depending on some decent results.

Look at the crowd at the home game against Dunfermline as an example. The Cup Final (ouch) could have been sold out three times over and not an Old Firm sectarian bigot in sight. Did we rely on Rangers for any of that income?

Hibs (and Scottish Football) WILL survive the 'Rangers' debacle. All it needs is some strong leadership, good marketing and SPORTING INTEGRITY.

down-the-slope
14-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Dashing Bob S

I am right with you.

Hibs home support against the Old Firm has dwindled over the years and I put it down to the bigoted sectarian bile which spills out of the away end.

Losing Old Firm income can easily be made up by increased home crowds, obviously depending on some decent results.

Look at the crowd at the home game against Dunfermline as an example. The Cup Final (ouch) could have been sold out three times over and not an Old Firm sectarian bigot in sight. Did we rely on Rangers for any of that income?

Hibs (and Scottish Football) WILL survive the 'Rangers' debacle. All it needs is some strong leadership, good marketing and SPORTING INTEGRITY.

If you are talking about match day ticket sales - then over the course of a season I would agree :agree:

If you mean income generally from OF participation then i'm afraid thats a different story and we along with other clubs are going to suffer massively from the reduction in central revenue and falling distributed shares due to colapse of TV deals and changes to sponsorship agreements both centrally and on a club basis.

(still think Div 3 is correct outcome - but I do not share optimism of some as to how the financial fall out can be overcome. Lots wanted decision far less are willing or able to do whats needed to prevent harm being done)

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I think many fans will be waiting to see the outcome of the forthcoming SPL summit - if they try any funny stuff with a hastilly assembled SPL2 I think we can expect a host of supporters to turn their backs on the game in Scotland out of pure disgust at the two-faced hypocracy of it all.

If on the other hand, the SPL continue to plow the furrow of sporting integrity then I would expect an upsurge in ST sales around the country as those with the means to do so register their approval at justice being upheld.

I'm not quite in good enough financial shape to go for a ST at the mo but expect to be registering my approval at the right outcome by heading down the shop and purchasing a new home top and by getting to as many games as possible in the new season.

I would be utterly amazed if the rumours about a hastilly convened SPL2 did come to fruition - with all that has happenned it would be an exercise in outright stupidity as the SPL clubs would be throwing away at a stroke all of the goodwill and respect built up amongst their supporters as this whole sorry episode has unfolded.

That would be fantastic BH

I for one am still a bit sceptical about this happening to any significant level. Its easy to muster fan power when all you need them to do is commit themselves to not spending any money or move away from their keyboards.

When it comes to spending £20 every other Saturday or walking out of the house into the freezing cold in order to show football your appeciation of its decision to give you what you demanded of it. Or making a commitment to try and save your club from the fallout of the decision you demanded it make.

Well ... thats a different story.

StevieC
14-07-2012, 06:57 PM
As many people as possible turn up at the first home game, fill the stadium and show "Rangers defunct", Regan and Doncaster that we CAN survive without the cheats.
18-19,000 at the first home game will show what we can do.
I will, who else thinks it is worth it.?

A huge "No to Newco" turnout has been mooted for the first fixture against "Club 12"

:wink:

down-the-slope
14-07-2012, 07:45 PM
A huge "No to Newco" turnout has been mooted for the first fixture against "Club 12"

:wink:

Which is a great idea...if ever the administrators get round to telling club 12 who they are before the season starts :rolleyes:

Archie70
14-07-2012, 11:33 PM
9909 -

That was our average home attendance last season.

That's the figure we have to surpass this year to show an increased attendance without Newco.

Surely we can show Doncaster, Regan, et al that we were right, they were wrong.

If there was ever a reason or a season to just go along and cheer Hibs on, then this is it.

Put the last few seasons behind us and, irrespective of performances or results, lets get along and have a higher home attendance this season than last!

Do whatever it takes, bring a mate, take the kids, hell even drag the wife along!

9909- we can beat that!

Glory Glory!

c31
14-07-2012, 11:35 PM
the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6

frazeHFC
14-07-2012, 11:39 PM
the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6

But that's where we come in. The more season tickets bought = the more/better players we can sign!

Liberal Hibby
14-07-2012, 11:39 PM

Um - I think you're missing the point...

Archie70
14-07-2012, 11:43 PM

This is bigger than just signing 1 or 2 players. This is 2 fingers up to all that is wrong with the game and has been for years. As above, put results, performances, signings etc aside and just get along and cheer them on!

gbur123ukgb
14-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Come on guys back Hibs all the way show Regan and Doncaster and the huns we are here to stay.
Full house for the Hearts game
No excuses get tickets bought now lets change the atmosphere around club.
:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

c31
15-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Um - I think you're missing the point...

no I think you are missing the point, the hard core have renewed it the next level that needs enticed, better produce more customers - simply business i'm afraid and unless the team has someone worth watching then i'm afraid the 'full house' signs will not be required

frazeHFC
15-07-2012, 12:17 AM
no I think you are missing the point, the hard core have renewed it the next level that needs enticed, better produce more customers - simply business i'm afraid and unless the team has someone worth watching then i'm afraid the 'full house' signs will not be required

What you say is true, however in this thread the poster is forgetting about how we do ourselves in a matter of speak, but saying fans should come out to show the SPL doesn't need Rankers and prove the clowns in charge of the league wrong.

hibee92
15-07-2012, 12:48 AM
With or without Rangers I was renewing my season ticket. I've never included Rangers in my decision to get a season ticket. This isn't an uber-fan thing I just have never thought of them as a club as I bought a season ticket.

Hibs will always be Hibs.

Hibs don't need anyone else, especially them.

I buy a season ticket because I want to see Hibs at Easter Road 19 times in the season regardless of who we play.

Again this isn't an uber-fan thing. If people don't want to buy a season ticket fair enough, I actually understand why the wouldn't!

But don't let these horrible bunch change your mind. Make up your own mind, they have no right to decide for anyone.

Buy a season ticket or don't. Just don't let THEM have the lasy say.

This fairly drunken post is brought to you by Hibee92.

matty_f
15-07-2012, 01:16 AM
There's a thread about Hibs being at risk of going into administration, and another asking for the clubs to do the right thing re sevco, despite the financial hit each club will take.

In spite of this, it looks a lot like folk would rather we struggled financially until we get better players in. This is just absurd, imho. The only time I can think of the club needing fans to back it more was at the time of the FTB trying to wipe us out.
Stand Up and Be Counted kept us at Easter Road and the support were there for the club.

We have to stand up for the club again now. Surely we as a support are not going to watch the club take a huge hit and not play our part in fighting back?

As someone's posted above, this season it has to go beyond the 11 players on the park. We are backing Hibs and the health of the game.

LioNeilMessi
15-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Come on guys back Hibs all the way show Regan and Doncaster and the huns we are here to stay.
Full house for the Hearts game
No excuses get tickets bought now lets change the atmosphere around club.
:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

I was one of the panic merchants that bought a ST for the cup final so I will be there. Although it's too soon after the final and still a heck of a lot of work to do on the team. Therefore I definitely can't see us selling out the first home derby... As long as we FINALLY put in a good shift in against them and beat them I don't care what the Huns or Doncaster thinks about us.:flag:

gbur123ukgb
15-07-2012, 01:45 AM
good point about the final hopefully after another couple of good players in we can start to bannish the hurt of the final i hope the 20k fans come out and back the team this season.
I think if we can get another couple of good players we may have a good season gk has good pedigree clancy played in team which got to champions league qualifies and cairney was one of best mid players in first divison and will be like pat mcginley for us then there is mcpake he is a quality player as i said another couple and we are looking better as i think claros will be a good player with a preseason.
Regardless of what has gone before lets get behind the team lets bring back the passionto er where players are not scared to perform

Captain Trips
15-07-2012, 02:11 AM
What I think scares your Regans, Doncasters, Traynors etc is the SPL doing ok without Rangers, I think that will worry them more than it failing.

Pretty Boy
15-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Aberdeen are apparently going all out to try and get a sell out for their first game.

Forget the fact its Hearts and if you can afford it and can make it then get yourself along. Hibs need every single fan we can get right now, and if we win the taunting will bother you a whole lot less.

lord bunberry
15-07-2012, 04:48 AM
There's a thread about Hibs being at risk of going into administration, and another asking for the clubs to do the right thing re sevco, despite the financial hit each club will take.

In spite of this, it looks a lot like folk would rather we struggled financially until we get better players in. This is just absurd, imho. The only time I can think of the club needing fans to back it more was at the time of the FTB trying to wipe us out.
Stand Up and Be Counted kept us at Easter Road and the support were there for the club.

We have to stand up for the club again now. Surely we as a support are not going to watch the club take a huge hit and not play our part in fighting back?

As someone's posted above, this season it has to go beyond the 11 players on the park. We are backing Hibs and the health of the game.

Now is the time for supporters to start supporting the club needs us more than ever. What happened in the past is gone now we everyone pulling in the same direction

edinburghhibee
15-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Right here is my view on this, and the tin hat is strapped on tight!

I think that the people who call themselves supporters and come out with the lines "get better players in an i'll come back" are just looking for that excuse not to bother there arse.

Supporters go to games regardless of what's gone on the last few years. Yes cash is hard to spare these days and I have no issue with this excuse but the "better product" excuse is for glory hunting members of our support who turn up to hampden and claim to be the best supporters around.

We are the people who have told our club that we will come and buy season tickets in our droves should clubs do the correct thing and have the rangers placed in div 3. You look threw most of the threats regarding this subject and you'll see how many made this claim.

Yet I bet we haven't shifted many more season tickets. if Petrie is trying to get the rangers back to the spl through other means now it's because we the support didn't stand by our word to support the club in their time of need.

We need to stand up and be counted not to prove the Huns, Doncaster, regan, or smith wrong but to show the board we are serious about supporting the hibees.

Rant over!

NAE NOOKIE
15-07-2012, 09:55 AM

I dont think you are missing the point C31.

I think you are just ignoring it. In normal circumstances the result of our last few seasons should be a dwindling home support and you couldnt really be surprised at that.

But as we are all aware there is now a bigger issue, a bigger picture, this has become about making sure that full time professional football continues in Scotland ..... There is a risk that even if clubs dont go bust, that some clubs may have to go part time ... if that happens to Dundee Utd, Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone then our league will certainly be devalued.

To me for all that folk have been lining up to have a pop at the quality of our game over the last number of years, it has always been a matter of pride that a wee country like Scotland can sustain so many full time clubs.

In order to maintain that and to give our clubs the best chance to get through this crisis, the folk who say they support the game have to do just that ..... support it. We can get back to normal fan stuff like not going to games coz the team is crap at a later date.

Green Man
15-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I can't afford a season ticket, I'm not sure how many walk up games I'll be able to afford but I'll get to as many as I can. I plan to support the club in any other way I can though; I'll be getting a subscription for Hibernian TV, I'll be spending a bit cash in the club store next time I can get there, and if a membership scheme is offered again I'll be taking it up. The club deserve our backing any way we can right now, no matter how big or small that is.

Chuck Rhoades
15-07-2012, 11:16 AM
But that's where we come in. The more season tickets bought = the more/better players we can sign!

Chicken and Egg stuff.

The club cannot keep expecting the fans to step up with £400 for a season ticket. We have a massive opportunity to claim 2nd place this season and play CL football next year.

IMO the club need to go into some manageable debt and invest in playing squad, rather than PF budget only being based on how many STs we shift.

lucky
15-07-2012, 11:30 AM
We all need to back our club. The merchants of doom are predicting the game is finished but it is up to us as fans to prove them wrong. For me it's straight forward back our team and directors who have put us fans first for a change. If sky pull out then we hit back at them if the SFA try to noble the vote we hit back at them. This is our time to take the game back.

IFONLY
15-07-2012, 12:15 PM

:agree:
Very true Bob - something that is starkly demonstrated by the widespread tendency of parents NOT to take their younger kids along to games vs the OF for fear of exposing them to the threat of violence as well as the whole nauseating bileous bigot fest which unfailingly unfolds.

Thank you telling me something that I am already aware of.My reply was to "Just simply Hibs" when he was asking for Hibs fans to fill E.R.. I said that he was deluded if he thought that would happen and I asked him what the opposition in his opinion would be for this to happen. I then quoted the three on paper biggest games of the season saying that we cant get anywhere near full capacity whilst playing these games.I am of the opinion that we will never see a full E.R. no matter who the opposition is.

basehibby
15-07-2012, 02:20 PM

:agree: :top marks It seems some folk are determined to bury their heads in the sand over this when it's really pretty straight forward. Hibs - and all the other SPL clubs - will have to see a significant boost in attendances merely to stand still financially this coming season.

As for putting a decent team on the park we will have to hope that Fenlon can pull a few quality rabbits out of his hat, but one thing is certain - fans who decide to withold their support are dramatically reducing his chances of doing so.

Anyone hanging on to the chicken and egg argument really needs to wake up and smell the coffee - if they aint prepared to feed the chicken then all they can be sure of is that Fenlon will have a smaller quantity of lower grade eggs with which to prepare their omelette.

Mikey
15-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Assuming that lot are still in div 3 tomorrow night you can be sure that the goalposts will be moved again and the next reason for not buying a ST, or going to the games, will be wanting to know what Petrie's involvement has been.

joe breezy
15-07-2012, 02:34 PM
I do believe in backing the club although they certainly haven't done the 'decent thing' they've done anything but the decent thing

marinello59
15-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I do believe in backing the club although they certainly haven't done the 'decent thing' they've done anything but the decent thing

Garbage. They voted to exclude Sevco from the SPL which is exactly what was originally demanded. Regan quite rightly got a lot of flak for talking down Scottish football. Ironic really that a lot of his critics on here will quite happily talk their own club down all the time.

Saorsa
15-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Garbage. They voted to exclude Sevco from the SPL which is exactly what was originally demanded. Regan quite rightly got a lot of flak for talking down Scottish football. Ironic really that a lot of his critics on here will quite happily talk their own club down all the time.They voted tae exclude sevco from the SPL but tried tae bully them in tae the 1st division, that's no quite the same thing.

I will be back and I will have a season ticket when and only when I see those fixtures published with them in the 3rd division and there is absolutely nae room for any further other underhand maneuvering. I wouldnae trust any of these ***** as far as I could throw a grand piano and that includes Petrie, I wouldnae believe them if they telt me it was Sunday today.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Assuming that lot are still in div 3 tomorrow night you can be sure that the goalposts will be moved again and the next reason for not buying a ST, or going to the games, will be wanting to know what Petrie's involvement has been.

Mikey, i read this web site every day, and maybe its me, but i dont see anyone moving the goalposts?

Its another of these if you say it enough times, it becomes a fact?

What i have seen is the club chairmen of every club reacting to the pressure put on them, by enough supporters not willing to put up with those in authority trying to bully and brain wash us into accepting something akin to the WWF.

As i said before, if you were happy with that, then fine, but i'm glad, and proud enough of us actually had enough of a backbone to stand up to these idiots running the game, and were not prepared to accept being bent over and buggered, then expected to pay for it too.

Dont get me wrong, i love going to the football, its the best day of the week, but i was not prepared to go KNOWING it was fixed.

The next stage is coming up, the restructuring of the game from top to bottom, we still at this minute in time, have the same crooks running the game. Perhaps fan power can change that too, i hope they can?

Doing nothing is not an option, in fact its adding to the problem in my opinion. The fans, well some of them have shown the way forward, its time for us all to have our voices heard, and get these changes the game needs, for the better of everyone.

Hibiza
15-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Forget the bigots , english seeking want to levers.

joe breezy
15-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Garbage. They voted to exclude Sevco from the SPL which is exactly what was originally demanded. Regan quite rightly got a lot of flak for talking down Scottish football. Ironic really that a lot of his critics on here will quite happily talk their own club down all the time.

It's the duplicity of Rod Petrie I'm referring to

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-leaked-email/2305

Doesn't matter what role he was fulfilling at the time in my opinion - he's a fundamental part of running Hibernian Football Club