PDA

View Full Version : Hibs say 'No' to Newco... (merged)

3pm
24-06-2012, 09:11 PM
On the official site now.

VickMackie
24-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Following a meeting of its Board of Directors, Hibernian FC confirmed that the Club will vote against the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL to a newco at the General Meeting of SPL clubs on 4 July 2012.* This re-affirms the view of the Board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance.

The Board is also acutely aware that in making this decision, Hibernian - *like other clubs in the SPL - *will suffer collateral financial damage at a time of severe economic hardship and uncertainty.* The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland.

Yay!

Ashtead Hibs
24-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Just been posted on official website

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120624/club-statement_2262950_2821039

theonlywayisup
24-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Following a meeting of its Board of Directors, Hibernian FC confirmed that the Club will vote against the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL to a newco at the General Meeting of SPL clubs on 4 July 2012.* This re-affirms the view of the Board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance.The Board is also acutely aware that in making this decision, Hibernian - *like other clubs in the SPL - *will suffer collateral financial damage at a time of severe economic hardship and uncertainty.* The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland.Yay!Beat me to it.......http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120624/club-statement_2262950_2821039

stoneyburn hibs
:cb

Hibee Ryan
We had been hinting at it, but it's good that we have came out and stated our position. That's Rangers now pretty much guaranteed to get rejected. GREAT NEWS:top marks:top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
24-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Excellent news.
Let them rot

SteveHFC
24-06-2012, 09:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xlibsQxy1qh8wujo1_400.gif

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2012, 09:16 PM
:cb

Hibs vote was NEVER in doubt IMO, ever since RP was on the panel of a programme regarding the situation, sporting integrity has always been the saying from Day 1

CallumLaidlaw
24-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I think Sevco will withdraw ther bid this week

DH1875
24-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Just been posted on official website

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120624/club-statement_2262950_2821039

About time :thumbsup:.

DH1875
24-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I think Sevco will withdraw ther bid this week

Aye, they'll try and make out it was their desicion to go to the 3rd :bye:.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Been a good last half an hour.

The_Todd
24-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Good unambiguous statement. Good job.

EK_Hibs
24-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hibs vote was NEVER in doubt IMO, ever since RP was on the panel of a programme regarding the situation, sporting integrity has always been the saying from Day 1

This.

Good statement from the board.

Newco, GTF!

Northernhibee
24-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Tremendous.S

Saw on NewcoMedia that someone knows where Whittaker lives as he lives round the corner from a family member "just in case anyone wanted to know" - the day after posting the details of someone who works at a JJB sports and a description after making a "newco" joke - these ****bags cannae **** off from the SPL soon enough.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I am a bit lost with this. Has there been a requirement for clubs to make their intentions known? To me, that is like a jury going public before the trial? What is the point in the vote now and does this let RFC have a legal challenge?

Thecat23
24-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Well done the board. 100% the right choice.

pedroorange1875
24-06-2012, 09:40 PM
i applaude the Hibs board for this. I have already (early bird) bought my season ticket. However if the SPL/SFA do not throw the newco or whatever they are called to the bottom league then i will not attend another game ever. I pay to watch a fair league where Hibs have a chance to win.

Barney McGrew
Never in doubt :aok:

Northernhibee
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223837

Dinnae see how a team with no history and near no players hoping that they might be granted a place in the fourth tier of Scottish football can call us a "diddy team"

:lolrangers:

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I am a bit lost with this. Has there been a requirement for clubs to make their intentions known? To me, that is like a jury going public before the trial? What is the point in the vote now and does this let RFC have a legal challenge?

This isn't a trial though so no problem.

weedgiehibbie
24-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Great news from Hibs :agree:

Now is the time for us fans to get right behind the team though as stated there will be some financial loss however we Hibbies can keep that to a minimum by getting along to Easter Road and cheering on Hibs & thi statement may just get a few more through the turnstyles - our presense in the stands will hopefully make a big difference both on the pitch and off it :flag: (hopefully this makes sence as i've had a few ciders watxhing the footie haha)

fat freddy
24-06-2012, 09:45 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223837&view=findpost&p=1060150762

rangers fans under the impression that sir tom farmer has sold hibs to tom hunter..

SkintHibby
24-06-2012, 09:45 PM
A lot of things make me proud to be a Hibby and yet again , my club do the right thing by Scottish football.

Unusual from Hibs who usually do things very quietly.:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2012, 09:47 PM
This isn't a trial though so no problem.

i am just worried about clever lawyers and any inference about influence over independence.

IWasThere2016
24-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Well done the board. 100% the right choice.

Yup - the only call. Well done RP, SL etc..

Onion
24-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Following a meeting of its Board of Directors, Hibernian FC confirmed that the Club will vote against the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL to a newco at the General Meeting of SPL clubs on 4 July 2012.* This re-affirms the view of the Board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance.

The Board is also acutely aware that in making this decision, Hibernian - *like other clubs in the SPL - *will suffer collateral financial damage at a time of severe economic hardship and uncertainty.* The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland.

Yay!

All I can say is that I am PROUD of my club. Well done to the Board for making the tough decision in trying circumstances.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2012, 09:52 PM
i am just worried about clever lawyers and any inference about influence over independence.

Do you get clever lawyers with legal aid :greengrin

SaulGoodman
24-06-2012, 09:54 PM

I think it's more the fact that fans have been threatening a boycott should teams vote yes, I think the clubs would rather make their intentions clear as soon as they can still get sales in.

JohnStephens91
24-06-2012, 09:54 PM
:giruy::lolrangers: No words are needed

VickMackie
24-06-2012, 09:58 PM

Seems quite straightforward to me.

Should a new club be permitted into the top division of Scottish football.

No.

The right should be earned. Not passed on like a daysaver that someone has finished using after ripping the arse out of it.

Eyrie
24-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Long expected, but good to see it in black and white.

So that's three public "no" statements now and several other clubs expected to join after the fig leaf of consulting their fans.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-06-2012, 10:00 PM
:giruy::lolrangers: No words are needed

Has anyone else read the posts from the Huns forum?!

What a misguided bunch! Putting that VERY politely

Some seem to reckon this decision will be our financial ruin and some even seem to be surprised in our decision.

The sooner we put this sick dog done the better. It's only cruel to allow them to keep suffering this this :na na:

Northernhibee
24-06-2012, 10:01 PM
No need to worry. They're already suing all and sundry just now anyway, the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund appear to be questioning if they can sue the players refusing to be transfered to a division 3 (if they're lucky) diddy team - there'll be no lawyers to fight the case of clubs making their intentions clear in advance :hibees

Don Giovanni
24-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Well done Hibs. The correct decision.

Ultrabee1-0
24-06-2012, 10:08 PM
For once the board has listened to us and not thought of the money they will loose! Hats off to RP and the board very good decision can't thank them enough!

SaulGoodman
24-06-2012, 10:08 PM
We need to be careful here. apparently Rangers won't forget what we've done to them when it comes time for them to bail us out, like they've done many times before. I fear we have made a big mistake!

:faf::faf: :lolrangers:

hibsbollah
24-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Im proud of my club :agree:

Jim44
24-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I hope this 'going public' approach doesn't give the 'fence-sitters' the opportunity to vote 'tactically'. There is no doubt that who votes for whom is going to influence how the 'civil war' pans out next season. Threats of boycotts will probably become realities and I hope the clubs who have expressed their preference for supporting Rangers get their come-uppence. For example, Michael Johnston gave a pretty clear indication that Killie would vote 'yes'. If he knows that a 'no' vote is a certainty, he could change his mind and give a meaningless, hypocritical 'no' in order to escape the consequences next season. These 'fence-sitters' have a dilemma now................... do they vote 'no' and avoid financial losses from a big drop in away fans or do they vote 'yes' and take a hit from 'Rangers' fans in two or three seasons.

Billychaotic182
24-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes yes yes yes

Bobby's Cinema
24-06-2012, 10:12 PM
:giruy:Newco :giruy:Michael Johnston.

Onion
24-06-2012, 10:13 PM
I think it's more the fact that fans have been threatening a boycott should teams vote yes, I think the clubs would rather make their intentions clear as soon as they can still get sales in.

That really assumes the huns don't get their 8 votes. If Hibs, Arabs and Yams are the only No voters, most will still walk away from the game.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Indeed. The only thing that surprised me was that some folk thought our Board would vote to let them in. Was never gonna happen

Part/Time Supporter
Long expected, but good to see it in black and white.

So that's three public "no" statements now and several other clubs expected to join after the fig leaf of consulting their fans.

Stevie Brown told St. Johnstone fans at a forum last week that he will vote no. There's no statement on the Saints website but you can take that as read. Saints have been pissed off in the past by clubs that have lived beyond their means (Livi, Gretna) so were hardly likely to be sympathetic to the Huns.

Well done Hibs on showing some spine and backing their beliefs (live within your means) when it means something.

SaulGoodman
That really assumes the huns don't get their 8 votes. If Hibs, Arabs and Yams are the only No voters, most will still walk away from the game.

I think It's pretty clear we won't be the only No voters now. Aberdeen are going to their fans, as are Motherwell. And Celtic surely won't vote Yes.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I think It's pretty clear we won't be the only No voters now. Aberdeen are going to their fans, as are Motherwell. And Celtic surely won't vote Yes.

Only needs five to screw the huns over :flag:

3pm
24-06-2012, 10:19 PM

It's not screwing them over! We're just playing our part in the process! :o)

Stantons Angel
24-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I too feel very proud of my club for having the courage to stand up and be counted in such a difficult financial climate. Rod is right sporting integrity is vital to the core of Scottish Football. We may lose a lot of money but i for one wont miss the hoards of bigots swelling our stadium with their filth and bile!

All clubs are going to lose revenue at the gates next season because of the "NO Vote" so it is up to us, the supporters to get out and get behind our club!

Many on here have mouthed off about the board not doing this or not doing that. Here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is and get behind the team!!

We need you there on the terracing showing the club you are behind them, get out and persuade your mates to get involved too. Your club has gone out on a limb and shown they have the courage of their convictions. Its now up to you ........ the supporters ......... to do the right thing and to do it now!!!

ggtth....

Jonnyboy
24-06-2012, 10:21 PM
It's not screwing them over! We're just playing our part in the process! :o)

True but I just love the thought of them suffering a right royal shafting (pun intended) :greengrin

DiscoLovinHibee
24-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I hope this 'going public' approach doesn't give the 'fence-sitters' the opportunity to vote 'tactically'. There is no doubt that who votes for whom is going to influence how the 'civil war' pans out next season. Threats of boycotts will probably become realities and I hope the clubs who have expressed their preference for supporting Rangers get their come-uppence. For example, Michael Johnston gave a pretty clear indication that Killie would vote 'yes'. If he knows that a 'no' vote is a certainty, he could change his mind and give a meaningless, hypocritical 'no' in order to escape the consequences next season. These 'fence-sitters' have a dilemma now................... do they vote 'no' and avoid financial losses from a big drop in away fans or do they vote 'yes' and take a hit from 'Rangers' fans in two or three seasons.

Earlier on in the week I would have said Killie will be voting yes so they can do one if they think they will ever see any of my cash again.

Now tho, the need to boiycott teams who are (or would have been if it wasn't a formality) a yes vote seems a bit pointless. The Killie fans are the one who will be furious with their chairman and it is they who will deal the biggest blow to him (and rightly so) so there is no point in us cutting off our nose with Killie just to spite our face.

Newco can ram it!

iwasthere1972
24-06-2012, 10:27 PM

Dinnae see how a team with no history and near no players hoping that they might be granted a place in the fourth tier of Scottish football can call us a "diddy team"

Another quote

A nothing club with an absent support.

A bit harsh. They might even fill a stand next season.

Crazyhorse

I think thats right. Hibs have been in the lead on this issue but it is also clear that this has been a defining moment for fan power in Scottish football.

DiscoLovinHibee

In my opinion, out of the 11 clubs the team most likely to vote yes would have bee Celtic to keep their 11-1 voting structure. That's why their fans and their 'economic sanctions' argument just looked foolish.

Now that Rangers are buried, the 1st vote the SPL should have is a 7-5 majority required on ALL decisions and an equal 12 way split of ALL TV money. If they threaten to resign - let them (where will they go?).

Rangers are gone - now is the time to go after the other half!

Dashing Bob S
24-06-2012, 10:31 PM
While I'm delighted at the decision, I'm not entirely convinced it ISN'T motivated by financial interests. It's clear that the fans of Scottish clubs have had enough of the games administrators, and are looking for an opportunity to jump ship. It's clear that if they submitted to the Huns it would be the last straw for many of them in terms of buying ST's. I think people are realizing that the Hun's behaviour over the years, in sectarianism and financial and sporting corruption has alienated as many fans as its pulled in to the game. I think clubs see this as a last chance to get fans onside.

JohnStephens91
24-06-2012, 10:31 PM
A selection of my favourite quotes from their forum:

"Amateurish. Where is the "sporting integrity" in announcing the vote before the meeting, and even before they have heard our case, or even alternatives, or whatever. Just a joke really. Clubs pandering to the mob in order to get season ticket sales up. That is all it is pure and simple. They all say we are corrupt. I think the rest need to start looking at themselves in the mirror. What is the point of all this? They are all racing to execute us in public even before the day of judgement. Makes me sick. **** the lot of them."

"Cheers Hibs I'd say we'll see you on the way up but you probably won't have the money to hang about for us."

"I live and study in Edinburgh: the Hibs fans have been as bad, if not worse, than the tims. An unusually bitter, envious and illiterate group of supporters - even by SPL standards."

"What club? Gone in 10 years."

"Was gonna say that's us doomed, but really there voting us out to doom themselves, one thing is they yahoos that threaten a boycott it'll only make Scottish football more clean rather than the sectarian pish they dribble at every game My point is personally after what we're going thru the ****ing lot of them deserve to get the hit so **** them"

Part/Time Supporter
24-06-2012, 10:32 PM

Diddy team > No team

LancashireHibby
24-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Well done to Petrie and the rest of the board. I'd hoped we'd be one of the clubs making a stand, and I'm so proud that that's becoming a reality.

hibsbollah
24-06-2012, 10:33 PM
While I'm delighted at the decision, I'm not entirely convinced it ISN'T motivated by financial interests. It's clear that the fans of Scottish clubs have had enough of the games administrators, and are looking for an opportunity to jump ship. It's clear that if they submitted to the Huns it would be the last straw for many of them in terms of buying ST's. I think people are realizing that the Hun's behaviour over the years, in sectarianism and financial and sporting corruption has alienated as many fans as its pulled in to the game. I think clubs see this as a last chance to get fans onside.

I dont care what its motivated by, and we're unlikely to find out. What matters is the right thing was done :agree:

joe breezy
24-06-2012, 10:59 PM
I will definitely buying a club membership and something else for this

£100 end of July - all I can afford at the moment but just want to make sure I contribute from afar

Hopefully those holding back on STs will buy although I suppose you have to wait till its certain - I don't think Hibs should be punished now

But understand reservation with the 1st division talk

Hibernian Verse
24-06-2012, 11:04 PM
More to the point, they won't be the only club applying for that spot in the SFL. Granted, they'll get it, but clubs like Preston Athletic and Spartans aren't going to stand by and watch another shot at it disappear!

Part/Time Supporter
24-06-2012, 11:08 PM
More to the point, they won't be the only club applying for that spot in the SFL. Granted, they'll get it, but clubs like Preston Athletic and Spartans aren't going to stand by and watch another shot at it disappear!

That depends on whether the other teams think they've got a decent chance of getting the slot. If the meltdown of NewHuns continues apace, they won't be in any kind of condition to make a serious application. If Green is somehow able to stabilise the position then there isn't much point in the non-league clubs chucking money away on a doomed application.

lucky
24-06-2012, 11:52 PM
No excuses from Hibs fans now get the STs bought

jamesjamieson
25-06-2012, 12:01 AM

I'll be buying mine this week. Well done to the board for making what was obviously a tough decision. :applause:

Unfortunately it's likely that Rangers will get parachuted into Division One somehow but that's out of Hibs' hands. Having to apply to Division Three is of course the fairest route for Rangers to take. Hopefully that will be the outcome.

Radium
25-06-2012, 12:38 AM
:thumbsup:

muzzhfc
25-06-2012, 01:03 AM
well done to the board. this is the proudest i have felt of our club since 15:00 on Saturday, 19 May. Something (cant remember what) horrible happened then. Surpressed memories i think. Anyway, WELL DONE!! Next step is to ensure that Rangers or whatever they are calling themselves, are punnished. Not to the first Division, to the 3rd Division, where they will be given a fair chance to join the SFL along with any other clubs. I strongly believe this is the next stage in recovery for Scottish Football. Now we all need to dig deep and support the club more than ever before. Home/away tops/strips, leisure wear (next forum, bring up the poorer selection of items in the shop - WE should be deciding what WE want, not board members.) I'd love to get a season ticket but i cant for 2 reasons; 1)work 2) finance, but where I can, I shall go to games and support the green machine. No matter what. This is something we need to remember for the foreseeable future. Without or support, the club could fall apart and we may no longer have a club to support.

Glory Glory!

brydekirk
25-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Im sure I read on here last week that ICT were voting no to newco.

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Yay!

Hibs have now done what it was pretty clear from the off that they were going to do.

Its a fact that Hibs and other clubs will take a financial hit as a result of this. Theres no doubt that this is a great result for fan power and may be a lead in years to come for fans all over Europe, who knows. But no matter what the reason Hibs and other clubs have done the right thing.

But the most important part of that statement is the second paragraph. We have got what we wanted NO NEWCO IN THE SPL now its up to football fans in Scotland to put our money where our mouths are and back our clubs.

Coz if an SPL club goes down the pan as a result of a no vote the current buns will laugh their a'ses off and get a chance to say 'we told you so'

Well done Hibs

LancsHibs
25-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Well done Hibs, what we all wanted to hear and one in the mouth for that gob***** wannabe bully Charles Geen and his 'people' :thumbsup:

LancsHibs
25-06-2012, 07:15 AM
PS wish we could sign Whittaker & Naismith, that would really make them puke:everythin

son of haggart
25-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Well done Hibs

There are some issues which should transcend local rivalries and the action of those clubs sayiong'No' will help to restore some semblance of belief in the fairness of the game in Scotland

We have to keep the pressure up for a restructuring particularly of the financial benefits from tournaments and media. Only by doing this will the smaller clubs be sustainable and cocooned from the bullyboy tactics of the OF chairmen.

DMR1875
25-06-2012, 08:35 AM

They seem quite upset. Take it they don't like Mondays! :greengrin

ANDY McGEECHAN
25-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Ha Ha Just read that rangers forum. Apparently I'm just an EAST COAST PAPE who supports Edinburgh Celtic. Charming :na na::na na:

frazeHFC
25-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Is that guy saying we sing sectarian songs every game? :hilarious

Going bust ya huns, GOING BUST! :singing:

JeMeSouviens
25-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Well done Hibs. :agree:

25-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Well done hibs :agree:

Huns GTF :bye:

KdyHby
25-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Will not buying one until I'm assured that Sevco 5088 are not in SPL2/Div 1.

KingFranck
25-06-2012, 01:20 PM
It was a no brainer for Hibs let me explain-
If we vote YES for them to enter the SPL - Celtic Supporters Association voted to boycott any club that votes for them to be in the SPL therefore we'd lose 3800 x £28 assuming no Celtic fan turns up at ER but when we play the new club from Ibrox they'd bring 3800
If we vote NO then no Rangers fans but 3800 Celtic fans oh plus however many the 12th club bring to ER.

If Celtic fans hadn't made that decision then it would have been a difficult decision.

PatHead
25-06-2012, 01:35 PM
If we vote YES for them to enter the SPL - Celtic Supporters Association voted to boycott any club that votes for them to be in the SPL therefore we'd lose 3800 x £28 assuming no Celtic fan turns up at ER but when we play the new club from Ibrox they'd bring 3800
If we vote NO then no Rangers fans but 3800 Celtic fans oh plus however many the 12th club bring to ER.

If Celtic fans hadn't made that decision then it would have been a difficult decision.

Don't agree in the slightest. Celtic fans would have had no bearing on the decision at all. Hibs had made it clear integrity came first a long time age. Don't give Celtic fans credit for that. Far more importantly Hibs fans made it clear where they stood. Cheshire and Warrington deserve a lot of credit for that.

Dashing Bob S
25-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Would have preferred Hibs to have publicly announced that they would be voting YES to a newco. And then immediately go 'we just changed our mind - got you there!' It would bring a bit of humour back into a game which has become rather too po-faced of late.

vanNISHtelroy
25-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Well done to the Hibs board.

Think we'll see MJ come out and say Killie were always going to vote against it or some other random rubbish soon :wink:

Hibiza
25-06-2012, 02:03 PM
:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
25-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Ha Ha Just read that rangers forum. Apparently I'm just an EAST COAST PAPE who supports Edinburgh Celtic. Charming :na na::na na:

And yet they believe their club and fans are misunderstood. Casual bigotry is second nature to many Rangers fans who just don't see their views as unacceptable.

This is about the consequences of a club being liquidated due to its own financial policy. It has nothing to do with religion or politics, yet their lunatic conspiracy theorists are seeing plots everywhere.

Well done Hibs for doing the right thing.

Eyrie
25-06-2012, 06:22 PM

On the contrary it was an extremely difficult decision.

If we'd voted "no", then we would have been spared 3800 Huns spewing their bigoted bile, but if we'd voted "yes" we'd have been spared 3800 Sellik spewing their bigoted bile.

Fortunately Petrie had played the "sporting integrity" card before the boycott threats were made, and it made an excellent tiebreaker.

One down, one to go.

VickMackie
25-06-2012, 06:33 PM

I think we're still down a few hundred notches on the 'who screwed who over' ladder!

VickMackie
25-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Would have preferred Hibs to have publicly announced that they would be voting YES to a newco. And then immediately go 'we just changed our mind - got you there!' It would bring a bit of humour back into a game which has become rather too po-faced of late.

:faf:

25-06-2012, 07:40 PM

:lolrangers::faf:

Rot in hell Huns :devil::rotflmao: