PDA

View Full Version : Greggs O'Connor Back to Russia?

SteveHFC
23-06-2012, 12:28 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4389753/Coke-rap-Gaz-in-Russia-for-signing-talks.html

JohnStephens91
23-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Good luck to him, wherever he goes! Remember he is one of our own! :aok: Hopefully he can keep himself fit too!

silverhibee
23-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Good luck to him, wherever he goes! Remember he is one of our own! :aok: Hopefully he can keep himself fit too!

Yep, good luck to him where ever he ends up(which i think will be Hibs) but that story is pretty crap, he will be limited to where he goes now with his drug conviction and i would be very surprised if any clubs are wanting to talk to him just now knowing he is to be sentenced soon for his drugs stuff.

Maybe a move to Rangers could be a possibility now for him. :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
23-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Good luck to him whenever he goes. I just hope it isn't Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
23-06-2012, 03:53 PM
In his dreams! When he went to Moscow they sent him on a hard core few days' fitness test in Munich to assertain he was an extremely fit athlete. Now he can't outrun the plod in their suit of armour.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Good luck to him whenever he goes. I just hope it isn't Hibs.

Agreed......His final 4-5 months at us were pitiful, his antics off the field were embarrassing....I will never forget the sight of him laughing straight after the Cup Final, then he goes up the town afterwards on the lash....."One of our own", I don't think so.....

Hibbyradge
23-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't think anyone could perform at their best when they had a very serious fraud triakl and another drug prosecution hanging over their head.

I would be happy to see him at ER (Depending on Newco vote).

Billy Whizz
23-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Any idea when his sentence is given?

andyhibs
23-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Agreed......His final 4-5 months at us were pitiful, his antics off the field were embarrassing....I will never forget the sight of him laughing straight after the Cup Final, then he goes up the town afterwards on the lash....."One of our own", I don't think so.....
:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think anyone could perform at their best when they had a very serious fraud triakl and another drug prosecution hanging over their head.

I would be happy to see him at ER (Depending on Newco vote).

Are you serious Dave? He was overweight, could not run, his first and second touches were like a Carlos free-kick.....How anyone would even contemplate him returning after he thought it was acceptable to fanny around, laugh and joke after the debacle at Hampden is beyond me...

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Are you serious Dave? He was overweight, could not run, his first and second touches were like a Carlos free-kick.....How anyone would even contemplate him returning after he thought it was acceptable to fanny around, laugh and joke after the debacle at Hampden is beyond me...

I dare say if he was any good for us after around september - october i might be wavering, but as you say he was like a cart horse for most of the season. He was on fire early doors, but a complete waste of a jersey for 3/4s of the season.

I'd rather he went to Russia.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I dare say if he was any good for us after around september - october i might be wavering, but as you say he was like a cart horse for most of the season. He was on fire early doors, but a complete waste of a jersey for 3/4s of the season.

I'd rather he went to Russia.

agree it would be a tough call if he was scoring and playing well, but he was a liability in most games after his goals dried up

3pm
23-06-2012, 06:12 PM

The cup final joke around was what pissed me off. It still does.

Said before and I'll say it again. If we're serious about changing the culture of the club that prick won't form part of the solution.

Littlest Hobo
23-06-2012, 06:13 PM
If he showed the right attitude and got really fit then ye I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Total waster.

Hainan Hibs
23-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't want him anywhere near ER. If we are serious about changing the culture around ER then players like O'Connor are the last type we need around ER.

I wish him well though and hope he gets a move.

snooky
23-06-2012, 06:30 PM
IIRC, when Garry was transferred to ML they really put him through his paces. The next time he came home he was clearly much leaner and fitter.
It will be much harder for him this time around to get fit over there given that he is older and what he's gone through.
Can't see a move to a big Russki team happening.
Good luck to him wherever he ends up be it ER (I don't think he'll be back) or pastures new.

Hibrandenburg
23-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Do we have an extradition treaty with them?

Hibernia Na Eir
23-06-2012, 07:43 PM
yet another player who could have been a great. remember seeing him score 4 or 5 past Galashiels pre season (IIRC) and thought, he's a player. it didn't even seem that long ago.
very sad.