PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kenny Shiels touchline ban

Part/Time Supporter
22-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Nothing remarkable in of itself, except that he was given the ban for comments about a game that didn't involve his team! Presumably he was on Radio Scotland that day? Seems a bit of a dodgy precedent to me and will surely discourage some active players and managers from doing media work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18554803

Saorsa
22-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Nothing remarkable in of itself, except that he was given the ban for comments about a game that didn't involve his team! Presumably he was on Radio Scotland that day? Seems a bit of a dodgy precedent to me and will surely discourage some active players and managers from doing media work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18554803They'll just have tae stick with sacked managers off the SPL merry-go-round and ex yams.

Hibs Class
22-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Interesting point. I wonder if it would have been a different decision if shiels had said the ref had a poor game. His comment was that decisions were loaded in celtic's favour and that could have been seen as implying cheating by the ref; if that is how it was seen then the authorities may have felt they had to act.

Saorsa
22-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Interesting point. I wonder if it would have been a different decision if shiels had said the ref had a poor game. His comment was that decisions were loaded in celtic's favour and that could have been seen as implying cheating by the ref; if that is how it was seen then the authorities may have felt they had to act.They dinnae really like the truth being telt, that's why you're no allowed tae say anything.

Gez1875
22-06-2012, 04:27 PM
punished for speaking the truth..........how come u can claim a player has dived, which is someone cheating, but u cant claim a referee has cheated by giving wrong decisions

BEEJ
22-06-2012, 04:31 PM
They'll just have tae stick with sacked managers off the SPL merry-go-round and ex yams.
And also now, Willie Miller!

punished for speaking the truth..........how come u can claim a player has dived, which is someone cheating, but u cant claim a referee has cheated by giving wrong decisions
Because the match officials are deemed to be above reproach and beyond criticism.

Hibbyradge
22-06-2012, 04:40 PM

Giving a wrong decisions isn't usually cheating.

degenerated
22-06-2012, 04:42 PM

It is when Craig Thomson officiates hibs games though.

Saorsa
22-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Giving a wrong decisions isn't usually cheating.Just a coincidence though that the majority of their wrong decisions always favoured 'certain' teams. It'll just be team now of course.

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Bizarre considering how much Lennon gets away with...

Saorsa
22-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Bizarre considering how much Lennon gets away with...nae need tae say any mair really is there?

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2012, 06:52 PM
nae need tae say any mair really is there?

I should have put ENDOF at the end of my post:greengrin

JohnStephens91
22-06-2012, 07:14 PM
This is just outright ridiculous. The BBC ought to take more care in selecting their guests and what questions they as them in the future though.

Gez1875
23-06-2012, 10:20 AM

knowingly doing it is!!!