PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen and Administration

Frazerbob
22-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Loads of rumours doing the rounds up here that Willie Miller and his cronies got the elbow due to Aberdeen considering administration. £15m in debt and a new stadium to fund with the poorest crowds for decades would suggest they are in the deep doggy-doo.

Not sure if Miller was for or against administration.

I wonder if the Sheep are considering voting in favour of Newco Huns despite their fans being very much against it?

Hibs Class
22-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Loads of rumours doing the rounds up here that Willie Miller and his cronies got the elbow due to Aberdeen considering administration. £15m in debt and a new stadium to fund with the poorest crowds for decades would suggest they are in the deep doggy-doo.

I wonder if the Sheep are considering voting in favour of Newco Huns despite their fans being very much against it?

I believe they're voting no - that possibly makes sense financially as well as being the right thing to do from integrity point of view.

MussiHibee
22-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Aberdeen just announced they will vote NO.

bingo70
22-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Jim Spence has just tweeted Aberdeen are saying no to a newco

oxymoron
22-06-2012, 09:32 AM

No rurmours up here in Sheepland (from those of us quite close to the action :wink:). Millar was emptied cos he was doing sweet FA, taking Milne's shilling but briefing his old mates in the local press on inside stuff - which they in turn gave the club a kicking for. The Asset Management Group got fed up with the lack of ambition (regular europe) and wanted to move on to something more worthwhile - like courting the oil & gas sector. The Dons are financially rooked but will stumble on - the stadium is a bit of a poisoned chalice - they like to talk it up as being the sign of an ambitious club, but in reality its a crap location, there are issues over land ownership and frankly they'd all rather it disappeared onto the horizon before serious cheques have to be signed.

oxymoron
22-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Jim Spence has just tweeted Aberdeen are saying no to a newco

not the least bit surprised. The attitude here has been as strong as our own, and Milne doesny mess with the few fans still loyal

jgl07
22-06-2012, 09:47 AM
These rumours were on Rangers media yesterday.

That is some co-incidence!

Part/Time Supporter
22-06-2012, 10:34 AM

:agree:

Wishful thinking by (desperate) Huns.

Hamish
22-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Sure I read yesterday their bank is only supporting them due to personal guarantees from Milne and another director. They are really struggling, but are only one of many.

neilmartinrocks
22-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Rumours planted to make the Sheep think "we need the huns to survive" there was an attempt to do the same at Saints. Underhanded ****witts.

allezsauzee
22-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Nah Willie Miller was sacked because he was a waste of a wage

Hibbyradge
22-06-2012, 12:26 PM
@STVSport: Aberdeen FC denies reports it will vote against a newco Rangers in the SPL http://t.co/w3WVXR2J

Hibs 7
22-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Milne (as a property developer) knows the value of Pittodrie and it's way more than £15m. When / if they move to Cove, he / the
sheep will cash in

marinello59
22-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Milne (as a property developer) knows the value of Pittodrie and it's way more than £15m. When / if they move to Cove, he / the
sheep will cash in

You reckon? Selling Pittodrie will clear their debts, that's all. As a condition of their last debt restructuring the bank gave them a deadline to get out of Pittodrie. The board there are certainly not in the driving seat for this.

Hibs 7
22-06-2012, 01:19 PM
You reckon? Selling Pittodrie will clear their debts, that's all. As a condition of their last debt restructuring the bank gave them a deadline to get out of Pittodrie. The board there are certainly not in the driving seat for this.

Milne owns Aberdeen as far as building permits etc are concerned, the land might be worth 15m to the the club, but to a man in milnes position, it's worth so much more

marinello59
22-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Milne owns Aberdeen as far as building permits etc are concerned, the land might be worth 15m to the the club, but to a man in milnes position, it's worth so much more

The land has been offered for sale on the open market as far as I recall. With permission for 350 homes.

Hibs 7
22-06-2012, 01:33 PM
The land has been offered for sale on the open market as far as I recall. With permission for 350 homes.

Sorry not lived in Scotland for a while but I understand there has been severalbidders but no buyer and by counting 260 (250k each) townhouses and 90(160k) apartments (I think planning permission is in place) by selling price, thats worth a lot to a property developer with connections in aberdeen.

I guess what I'm getting at is that they won't to into admin any time soon based on their debt.

I think the sheepies are peeved because they think they're being stitched up by Milne

MSK
22-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Sorry not lived in Scotland for a while but I understand there has been severalbidders but no buyer and by counting 260 (250k each) townhouses and 90(160k) apartments (I think planning permission is in place) by selling price, thats worth a lot to a property developer with connections in aberdeen.

I guess what I'm getting at is that they won't to into admin any time soon based on their debt.

I think the sheepies are peeved because they think they're being stitched up by MilneIf Milne sells the land for say £15m who say;s he is putting anything towards Aberdeens debt ?..if its his land then its his money I would have thought ..

JimBHibees
22-06-2012, 02:22 PM
:agree:

Wishful thinking by (desperate) Huns.

Expect alot more of that in the next few weeks especially from the succulent lamb media.

--------
22-06-2012, 02:25 PM
If the Dons are strapped for cash to the point of considering administration, the banks may very well decide the matter for them.

Vote for the Newco or else ...

Hibs 7
22-06-2012, 02:26 PM
If Milne sells the land for say £15m who say;s he is putting anything towards Aberdeens debt ?..if its his land then its his money I would have thought ..

Aberdeen FC own the land, not Milne but I'd think if aberdeen sold it his company would be in there

BarneyK
22-06-2012, 02:29 PM
If the Dons are strapped for cash to the point of considering administration, the banks may very well decide the matter for them.

Vote for the Newco or else ...

Which from the bank's point of view would be counter-productive if 5 or more of the other clubs voted "No", by way of possibly disenchanting some of their own support. If the bank are to be the prime motivators they would be well advised to learn the lay of the land before voting at all.

MSK
22-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Aberdeen FC own the land, not Milne but I'd think if aberdeen sold it his company would be in thereApologies mate, I thought Milne owned the land ..:aok:

R'Albin
22-06-2012, 02:36 PM
@STVSport: Aberdeen FC denies reports it will vote against a newco Rangers in the SPL http://t.co/w3WVXR2J

Voting no the the Huns could be the death of Aberdeen. Many fans will be on the brink of giving up on them and voting yes to the Huns could well push them over the edge. Besides Celtic I think they would have the biggest backlash, they absolutely hate the Huns.

Oh and the stadium move is also suicidal, moving almost an hour's drive out of the city in a place which has barely any pubs around it, into a stadium that I've got no idea how they're gonna fund is mental. However Milne's intentions have to be questioned, I seriously doubt he's going through with it for the benefit of Aberdeen football club.

jgl07
22-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Which from the bank's point of view would be counter-productive if 5 or more of the other clubs voted "No", by way of possibly disenchanting some of their own support. If the bank are to be the prime motivators they would be well advised to learn the lay of the land before voting at all.

Exactly.

The same reason why Sky are not shouting the odds and threatening a cancellation of the deal. If you annoy your subscribers you are are likely to lose out.

Hibs 7
22-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Apologies mate, I thought Milne owned the land ..:aok:

Only going by what the mrs told me but if anyone knows she does :agree:

jgl07
22-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh and the stadium move is also suicidal, moving almost an hour's drive out of the city in a place which has barely any pubs around it, into a stadium that I've got no idea how they're gonna fund is mental. However Milne's intentions have to be questioned, I seriously doubt he's going through with it for the benefit of Aberdeen football club.

An hour's drive?

By what means of transport? You could do it in an hour by pogo stick!

R'Albin
22-06-2012, 03:22 PM
An hour's drive?

Okay I maybe over-estimated it a little :greengrin

DH1875
22-06-2012, 03:36 PM
So it's still non the wiser which way they'll vote :dunno:.

oxymoron
22-06-2012, 03:40 PM
An hour's drive?

...puff, pant! Just tried it - yes you can, bouncing up and down at the traffic lights is a killer though.

Spike Mandela
22-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I think the fans have made their mind up....:faf:

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/

jgl07
22-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Although:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/AFC-1.png

joe breezy
22-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Magic :)

Lungo--Drom
23-06-2012, 01:07 AM
I always think of Darlington FC when I read about teams planning a move to a new ground. Their current stadium is a giant white elephant and their old stadium is a weed infested vandalised jungle that has never been re-developed. They should have stayed at the old ground. Falkirk are the same. A massive modern stadium with three stands and on the fourth side some boarded up wasteland.

jgl07
23-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I always think of Darlington FC when I read about teams planning a move to a new ground. Their current stadium is a giant white elephant and their old stadium is a weed infested vandalised jungle that has never been re-developed. They should have stayed at the old ground. Falkirk are the same. A massive modern stadium with three stands and on the fourth side some boarded up wasteland.

The Falkirk Stadium is hardly massive. There was no way hat they could have stayed at Brockville. They would never have got a safety certificate for much longer with all that crumbling terracing and the deathtrap of a main stand.

The Darlington move was a major mistake.

Aberdeen have no real options but to move. Their main stand looks to be on its last feet. The current ground is awful and wind swept with no cover from the gales across the North Sea. Maybe the new ground is a bit oversized but their current one is also too big for their current support.

Frazerbob
23-06-2012, 12:35 PM
The Falkirk Stadium is hardly massive. There was no way hat they could have stayed at Brockville. They would never have got a safety certificate for much longer with all that crumbling terracing and the deathtrap of a main stand.

The Darlington move was a major mistake.

Aberdeen have no real options but to move. Their main stand looks to be on its last feet. The current ground is awful and wind swept with no cover from the gales across the North Sea. Maybe the new ground is a bit oversized but their current one is also too big for their current support.

I beleive the main problem with Pittodrie is the roof on the main stand which will not have it's safety certificate renewed in a couple of years. At least that's the line being trotted out by the club.