PDA

View Full Version : East Mains Changes

Andy74
21-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I see that Pat has asked for East Mains to be segregated with specific areas for the youth players, reserves and first team squad.

Looks like the others will need to earn their right to mix with the first team and the facilities.

Seems like some may have been quite comfortable without having achieved anything or doing anything to push themsleves into it.

Sounds a good idea.

He has, in the past, talked about the stadium being too nice for opposing teams to play in and that changes would be made at the end of the season. Anyone any ideas on what he was referring to?

EskbankHibby
21-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I see that Pat has asked for East Mains to be segregated with specific areas for the youth players, reserves and first team squad.

Looks like the others will need to earn their right to mix with the first team and the facilities.

Seems like some may have been quite comfortable without having achieved anything or doing anything to push themsleves into it.

Sounds a good idea.

He has, in the past, talked about the stadium being too nice for opposing teams to play in and that changes would be made at the end of the season. Anyone any ideas on what he was referring to?

Bit old school but he could be referring to the courtesy afforded to visiting teams in terms of facilities.

The away dressing room at Tynecastle is smaller than most East Senior clubs, Killie as well but not as bad as tynie. Home dressing room at Killie is bigger than my house!

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Sounds a good idea.

Bit old school but he could be referring to the courtesy afforded to visiting teams in terms of facilities.

The away dressing room at Tynecastle is smaller than most East Senior clubs, Killie as well but not as bad as tynie. Home dressing room at Killie is bigger than my house!

The away dressing room at Tynecastle is an absolute hole.

There's barely room to move, theres about 4 ancient showers seperated from the changing room and they are lukewarm at best.

It's no wonder teams don't like playing there, I've seen council parks with far better facilities.

JimBHibees
21-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe narrowing the pitch depending on who we are playing against. Turning off the heating of the away dressing room. I can remember going round a tour of Anfield and they seemed to be proud that the away dressing room had little or no heating and was very spartan with regard to facilities. In saying that Hibs dressing rooms are way better than Anfield.

--------
21-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe narrowing the pitch depending on who we are playing against. Turning off the heating of the away dressing room. I can remember going round a tour of Anfield and they seemed to be proud that the away dressing room had little or no heating and was very spartan with regard to facilities. In saying that Hibs dressing rooms are way better than Anfield.

If Hibs are giving the away teams the same standard of facilities as they're giving their own players, they're idiots.

IMO the away dressingroom should be a frigid rabbit-hutch with inadequate showers and walls so thin that every word spoken in it can be heard all over the stadium.

And the match officials should be told we can only afford hot water for THEIR showers after a home victory.

Sorry - that last sentence should read "only afford water". :devil:

muzzhfc
21-06-2012, 01:28 PM
If Hibs are giving the away teams the same standard of facilities as they're giving their own players, they're idiots.

IMO the away dressingroom should be a frigid rabbit-hutch with inadequate showers and walls so thin that every word spoken in it can be heard all over the stadium.

And the match officials should be told we can only afford hot water for THEIR showers after a home victory.

i disagree, the officials should be bathed in pools of gold, with beautiful women. they should then be fed the finest steaks. then that way we might have some ******g decisions going our way!

Andy74
21-06-2012, 01:31 PM

We may have some problem in that we are UEFA compliant or whatever - we probably have a certain standard and there's not much we can do about it.

We should certainly not be offering anything above what we need to by way of facilities.

BEEJ
21-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Having home supporters on all four sides of the ground, as we did at the Dunfermline match?

:dunno:

Vini1875
21-06-2012, 06:26 PM
It is up to us the fans to make it hostile for other teams. The truth is we only make it hostile for our own team or actually a few individuals in our team.

Just Alf
21-06-2012, 06:33 PM
It is up to us the fans to make it hostile for other teams. The truth is we only make it hostile for our own team or actually a few individuals in our team.

yup heard it said on Sportsound a couple of times by opposing managers that "we'd" actually helped them! ..... one was Butcher can't remember the other :confused:

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Always prefeered hardcore home support being behind the goals myself.

lord bunberry
21-06-2012, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=EskbankHibby;3270302]

There's barely room to move, theres about 4 ancient showers seperated from the changing room and they are lukewarm at best.

It's no wonder teams don't like playing there, I've seen council parks with far better facilities.

Every part of tynecastle is a hole not just the away dressing room

WhileTheChief..
21-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Shortly after East Mains opened they talked about how the youth facilities would be inferior to the first team squad so that they had something to aim for. Can't remember who it was but I'm surprised it's taken 5 years for them to get round to it!!

leithsansiro
21-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I like the psychological approach Pat seems to be taking here - you ain't in the first team, you need to earn it. Too many Johnny BigBalls think they've made it before really deserving it.

truehibernian
21-06-2012, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=EskbankHibby;3270302]

You should try training in the rickety wooden gym under the main stand then PB.....it's no doubt still full of medicine balls and damp ;-)

JohnStephens91
21-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Hopefully the fans can play their part again, like we used to. And hopefully the heating systems in the away changing room will malfunction. And the lighting. And the flushing toilets...

--------
21-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Sounds a good idea.

I think there were a few things wrong with the way East mains was operating. We certainly weren't getting the best out of the place.

Separating the squads by level - youth, reserve, first team - seems to be to be basic common sense. First-teamers should be concentrating on preparing for the next game, not playing keepie-uppie with the kids.

And muzzie's right - we should be pampering the match-officials to within an inch of their lives. IIRC Juventus once provided a certain Scottish referee (John Gordon?) with a gold watch, gold pen, and gold-leaf-engraved notebook - merely to ensure he had adequate and fitting equipment to allow him to referee the European Cup match he was there to officiate at, you understand. they left them on the bedside table in yje suite they booked for him in Turin's finest five-star hotel. They won the match, but it was the last European match Gordon ever refereed.

JohnStephens91
21-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I think there were a few things wrong with the way East mains was operating. We certainly weren't getting the best out of the place.

Separating the squads by level - youth, reserve, first team - seems to be to be basic common sense. First-teamers should be concentrating on preparing for the next game, not playing keepie-uppie with the kids.

And muzzie's right - we should be pampering the match-officials to within an inch of their lives. IIRC Juventus once provided a certain Scottish referee (John Gordon?) with a gold watch, gold pen, and gold-leaf-engraved notebook - merely to ensure he had adequate and fitting equipment to allow him to referee the European Cup match he was there to officiate at, you understand. they left them on the bedside table in yje suite they booked for him in Turin's finest five-star hotel. They won the match, but it was the last European match Gordon ever refereed.

I just looked it up, it was AC Milan who gave the gifts, but John Gordon is spot on

JoeT_WasTheBest
21-06-2012, 10:51 PM

I was on the stadium tour the other week and the away dressing room is smaller, is more bare and has a lower ceiling than the home one. Definitely not as welcoming, while still meeting UEFA requirements.

--------
25-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I just looked it up, it was AC Milan who gave the gifts, but John Gordon is spot on

Silly me! As if the guys at Juve would ever let themselves get caught up in anything dodgy or dishonest.... :rolleyes: