PDA

View Full Version : Billy brown

dp00
20-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Anyone know if billy brown returned to work with pat Fenlon on Monday ?

yekimevol
20-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Hope not, jambos a jambo.

Coco Bryce
20-06-2012, 06:51 PM
No. He's still on holiday.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Why would he not return?

Hibs7
20-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Contract up ?

hibs4life
20-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Hope not, jambos a jambo.
Aye, that level of insightful comment and debate is just what I come on here for.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2012, 07:01 PM
One of my mates spoke to him in Magaluf over the summer. His words were that he fully expected to be at Hibs this season.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2012, 07:06 PM
One of my mates spoke to him in Magaluf over the summer. His words were that he fully expected to be at Hibs this season.

:aok: Good we need continuity throughout the coaching staff if we are to build on last year.

ionahibby
20-06-2012, 07:08 PM

He has been working for the last couple of weeks on a few things as far I'm aware.

Coco Bryce
20-06-2012, 07:10 PM
He has been working for the last couple of weeks on a few things as far I'm aware.

Aye, his tan.

ionahibby
20-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Aye, his tan.

Must have been before his holiday then i def know he was working as of a couple of weeks ago.

stanton_4
20-06-2012, 08:30 PM
No. He's still on holiday.

That's a bit strange since I saw him washing his car outside his house in Mussy just last week.

chrisski33
20-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Whys that strange? have u never been on holiday and stayed at home or perhaps he had been away and was back home!

That's a bit strange since I saw him washing his car outside his house in Mussy just last week.

stanton_4
20-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Whys that strange? have u never been on holiday and stayed at home or perhaps he had been away and was back home!

Fair enough I took it to mean he was supposed to be away on holiday. As in not at home. Which he isn't.
Glad I cleared that up :greengrin

Coco Bryce
20-06-2012, 09:11 PM

Maybe so, but he's away on holiday at the moment and two weeks before that he was in Majorca :greengrin

nickwhibs
20-06-2012, 09:26 PM
To be honest I'd prefer if he wasn't at Hibs next season. I think he has to much to say for himself and is the type who would undermine Fenlon. I also didn't like his 'old friends' act at the final. Is he even a good coach? We've made no progress since he came last season. He doesn't comes across well in interviews either... But appart from all that I like him :greengrin

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Geez, is it over already? It's only Mid-June.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Geez, is it over already? It's only Mid-June.

Did it ever start?

ahibby
21-06-2012, 10:50 AM
This is one of the problems Hibs have. He and Jumbo Jim made up the management team that took Hearts (with all their lith money) through a fifteen game period with out a win and were subsequently sacked for not being good enough. However, someone at Hibs thinks Billy Brown is good enough, I don't. In his short period in charge Hibs were woeful to the extent they were the worst I've seen. Nothing I saw gives me confidence in him in any way shape or form. He is part of the problem and should be replaced with someone more capable and inspiring. Rant over.

JIm
21-06-2012, 10:52 AM
To be honest I'd prefer if he wasn't at Hibs next season. I think he has to much to say for himself and is the type who would undermine Fenlon. I also didn't like his 'old friends' act at the final. Is he even a good coach? We've made no progress since he came last season. He doesn't comes across well in interviews either... But appart from all that I like him :greengrin

I'm lead to believe that none of the current first team coaching staff are particularly good out with Thommo (GK Coach). The irony as Calderwoods coaching was meant to be first class.

ALF TUPPER
21-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm happy for Bill-B to be back with the coaching staff for the pre-season and to have input into who PF buys in / signs up.

I dont give a flyin **** where he has been in the past.
:agree:
How does that song go ... ? "He's one of our own !"

Lets all get behing the Club, Directors, Management, Coaches and players!!

Cant wait to see the new look team - Glory Glory to the :hibees

Andy74
21-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm lead to believe that none of the current first team coaching staff are particularly good out with Thommo (GK Coach). The irony as Calderwoods coaching was meant to be first class.

First class as in it was easy and everyone was happy? Good times.

Golden Bear
21-06-2012, 12:44 PM
It's difficult to pass comment on BB as I have absolutely no idea of the extent of his influence or his actual responsibilities.

Let's face it you have the best teacher in the world and the pupils are a bunch of no good numpties then any influence will be negligible!

JimBHibees
21-06-2012, 12:46 PM

I think the opinion of players who have struggled to make any sort of impression in an average SPL over a number of seasons about the merits or otherwise of different coaches/managers must be taking with a huge pinch of salt.

Wotherspiniesta
21-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm happy for Bill-B to be back with the coaching staff for the pre-season and to have input into who PF buys in / signs up.

I dont give a flyin **** where he has been in the past.
:agree:
How does that song go ... ? "He's one of our own !"

Lets all get behing the Club, Directors, Management, Coaches and players!!

Cant wait to see the new look team - Glory Glory to the :hibees

That would be all well and good if he wasn't talking about "mixed emotions" before the biggest game in our history and trying to prepare our players for a team he has such fond memories of.

Billy Brown may or may not be a dirty sneaky jambo *******. But I thought he would have had more of an impact on the team mentalility than he did have last season. That's what he should be judged on. So far he's just come across as a moaning faced git with little impact on the team.

JIm
21-06-2012, 05:48 PM

First class as in it was game related, fun, challenging etc. Not possession boxes, lack of anything game related and lack of anything enjoyable.

Think we are all aware that Calderwood let himself down with his man management or lack of, but theres a reason why he's so highly regarding by Chris Hughton and co and that is his coaching ability.

Current sessions are not enjoyable. Simply passing on the views that i have heard..............

IMO good training with the right mix of man mangement, coaching etc is vital in the performances on the park. Mowbray was the perfect example.

HibbyDave
21-06-2012, 07:17 PM
this is one of the problems hibs have. He and jumbo jim made up the management team that took hearts (with all their lith money) through a fifteen game period with out a win and were subsequently sacked for not being good enough. However, someone at hibs thinks billy brown is good enough, i don't. In his short period in charge hibs were woeful to the extent they were the worst i've seen. Nothing i saw gives me confidence in him in any way shape or form. He is part of the problem and should be replaced with someone more capable and inspiring. Rant over.

this.

Kato
21-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Current sessions are not enjoyable. Simply passing on the views that i have heard..............

Which players are saying this.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2012, 07:41 PM

:agree: Ties in completely with info I heard as well, funny enough described as clueless in comparison to what clueless used to achieve in his sessions!

Speedway
22-06-2012, 09:09 AM
First class as in it was game related, fun, challenging etc. Not possession boxes, lack of anything game related and lack of anything enjoyable.

Think we are all aware that Calderwood let himself down with his man management or lack of, but theres a reason why he's so highly regarding by Chris Hughton and co and that is his coaching ability.

IMO good training with the right mix of man mangement, coaching etc is vital in the performances on the park. Mowbray was the perfect example.

Good, they are there to work and when they are so good at their work that they don't find it hard anyone, they will be able to enjoy the fact that they are actually footballers now and can progress training to something they might enjoy.

Andy74
22-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Good, they are there to work and when they are so good at their work that they don't find it hard anyone, they will be able to enjoy the fact that they are actually footballers now and can progress training to something they might enjoy.

Correct. Whatever league it was in Fenlon has won stuff, lots of stuff. The Hibs players that have played for him so far have achieved nothing at all.

Whatever Fenlon had to make them do given their clear lack of fitness and simple ability to defend, or indeed attack, it had some impact. I couldn't care less if some of the squad didn't enjoy the change.

I've also heard the opposite from Scott Lindsay on match preparation. CC still had the whole squad involved and they didn't work on an shape or game prep at all.

Fenlon takes the players that will be involved and works on shape and game prep without those that aren't involved getting in the way.

Perhaps those that are left out don't like it, but tough, I think he wants them to work hard to get back in.

JimBHibees
22-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Correct. Whatever league it was in Fenlon has won stuff, lots of stuff. The Hibs players that have played for him so far have achieved nothing at all.

Whatever Fenlon had to make them do given their clear lack of fitness and simple ability to defend, or indeed attack, it had some impact. I couldn't care less if some of the squad didn't enjoy the change.

I've also heard the opposite from Scott Lindsay on match preparation. CC still had the whole squad involved and they didn't work on an shape or game prep at all.

Fenlon takes the players that will be involved and works on shape and game prep without those that aren't involved getting in the way.

Perhaps those that are left out don't like it, but tough, I think he wants them to work hard to get back in.

Completely agree I am sick to the back teeth of these type of opinions from players who are basically failures. So if training was such a joy WTF were we so poor under CC.

Fenlon is right the club and the players are a soft touch and have been pampered too much and more need to be launched or have their ever so delicate egos told who is in charge and who isnt.

IWasThere2016
22-06-2012, 09:53 AM

CC's training was enjoyed by the players for the variety. Brown is held in high regard in the game as a coach/tactician. Heard also that training under new regime is not enjoyable/very basic also. TM had Veno and a good blend it would seem.

Andy74
22-06-2012, 10:00 AM
CC's training was enjoyed by the players for the variety. Brown is held in high regard in the game as a coach/tactician. Heard also that training under new regime is not enjoyable/very basic also. TM had Veno and a good blend it would seem.

Needs must and that lot had to be taken through basics.

sadtom
22-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I have to admit i'm quite concerned about the whole management team at ER. I'm as desperate as the next fan for PF to be a success and i hope he is able to assemble a side that we all want to watch and be proud of.
My fear is that our desperation will blind us to reality. Coco the clown got much longer than he should have as it was clear very early on that he was not up to it. However our turnover of coaches saw CC cut much more slack than he should have. I really fear that this may be repeated and increased with PF.
Just hoping for something to be true isnt enough.
I have also heard worrying stuff about the training etc. Not that its not enjoyable...but that its poor and quite basic and amateurish. Also that the communication is poor and the players are not always sure of their role in
the team.
I think good managers have an immediate impact and can make the sum of the parts greater than the parts. I dont think PF managed that.So if there are question marks already over his man management/communucation abilities but also his training/coaching then you would hope that his strengths are in tactics, or motivation or ability to spot a player and to be honest McPake aside (though i have hopes for Doyle) i dont see much evidence that he has succeded in any of these diciplines either.
He has to be given this season to build his team but we cant allow blind faith to cloud our judgement. So far the only improvement i've seen is that PF seems more passionate and personable than CC. Which aint exactly a big ask.
As for BB i fail to see whst he brings to the club. Other than p*** off a good number of our fans with his 'mixed emotions'. If his contract is up then he diesnt deserve a new one (imho). So without any malice i think its best to let PF bring in someine else.
A big season ahead. I live in hope but if i'm honest i'm not that hopefull.

IWasThere2016
22-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I have to admit i'm quite concerned about the whole management team at ER. I'm as desperate as the next fan for PF to be a success and i hope he is able to assemble a side that we all want to watch and be proud of.
My fear is that our desperation will blind us to reality. Coco the clown got much longer than he should have as it was clear very early on that he was not up to it. However our turnover of coaches saw CC cut much more slack than he should have. I really fear that this may be repeated and increased with PF.
I have also heard worrying stuff about the training etc. Not that its not enjoyable...but that its poor and quite basic and amateurish. Also that the communication is poor and the players are not always sure of their role in
the team.
I think good managers have an immediate impact and can make the sum of the parts greater than the parts. I dont think PF managed that.So if there are question marks already over his man management/communucation abilities but also his training/coaching then you would hope that his strengths are in tactics, or motivation or ability to spot a player and to be honest McPake aside (though i have hopes for Doyle) i dont see much evidence that he has succeded in any of these diciplines either.
He has to be given this season to build his team but we cant allow blind faith to cloud our judgement. So far the only improvement i've seen is that PF seems more passionate and personable than CC. Which aint exactly a big ask.
As for BB i fail to see whst he brings to the club. Other than p*** off a good number of our fans with his 'mixed emotions'. If his contract is up then he diesnt deserve a new one (imho). So without any malice i think its best to let PF bring in someine else.

the team.
A big season ahead. I live in hope but if i'm hinest, i'm nit that hopefull.y

I cannae find ma BlackBerry - have you nicked it?!?!? :wink:

sadtom
22-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I cannae find ma BlackBerry - have you nicked it?!?!? :wink:

Galaxy II here. ;-)

Andy74
22-06-2012, 02:07 PM
the team.

Sorry, but I think there was a huge difference in the team that wasn't necessarily reflected in points won, althugh it is questionable whether we would have won any of the SC games under CC, or the away games to Dunfermline, Killie and ICT.

The defending was much more solid - we weren't giving cheap goals away every week and we had a bit more of an attacking threat.

The January signings have to be seen for what they were at the time, just something we needed to do at a difficult time to get players. The last Dunfermline game had key performances from McPake, Doyle, Soares and Doherty.

sadtom
23-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Sorry, but I think there was a huge difference in the team that wasn't necessarily reflected in points won, althugh it is questionable whether we would have won any of the SC games under CC, or the away games to Dunfermline, Killie and ICT.

The defending was much more solid - we weren't giving cheap goals away every week and we had a bit more of an attacking threat.

The January signings have to be seen for what they were at the time, just something we needed to do at a difficult time to get players. The last Dunfermline game had key performances from McPake, Doyle, Soares and Doherty.

The stats for last season would suggest otherwise.

CC 2011/12 League form - L7 D4 W3 F 14 A 22 = -8 13pt from 42 (31%)
PF 2011/12 League form - L13 D4 W5 F24 A 41 = -17 19pts from 66 (29%)

On average, under PF we conceeded a fair bit more, scored fractionaly more had a slightly worse goal difference and a poorer points ratio.

Andy74
23-06-2012, 07:13 AM
The stats for last season would suggest otherwise.

CC 2011/12 League form - L7 D4 W3 F 14 A 22 = -8 13pt from 42 (31%)
PF 2011/12 League form - L13 D4 W5 F24 A 41 = -17 19pts from 66 (29%)

On average, under PF we conceeded a fair bit more, scored fractionaly more had a slightly worse goal difference and a poorer points ratio.

As I said it wasn't necessarily reflected in points but there was visible improvement.

sadtom
23-06-2012, 10:03 AM
QUOTE=Andy74;3272308]As I said it wasn't necessarily reflected in points but there was visible improvement.[/QUOTE]

Really? I must have blinked. ;-)

sadtom
23-06-2012, 11:01 AM
QUOTE=Andy74;3272308]As I said it wasn't necessarily reflected in points but there was visible improvement.[/QUOTE]

marinello59
23-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Or just didn't want to see it.

iwasthere1972
23-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I was excited and optimistic when Billy Brown joined the coaching staff at Hibs but I can't see what he gives us that the guys before him gave. He should have gone when Calderwood left.

sadtom
23-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Or just didn't want to see it.

Why wouldn't i want to see it? I'm desperate for us to improve.
As i said before i think there are lots of fans that are allowing blind faith to see what they want to see.
McPake has been good for us but him aside the football has been as rank in the 2nd half of the season as it was in the 1st. IMHO people are kidding themselves on if they think otherwise. We were still a very poor side and 2 decent shows against the pars (who have to be the worst outfit i've ever seen in the SPL) wont convince me that improvement has been made.
Exactly where and when were these good performances supposed to have happened?

Aldo
23-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Sorry but for me PF had one objective a d one objective only...... Keep us up, so the stats me bollocks to me TBH. Calderclown was a totally and utter arse of a manager and brought nowt to the club but a dark cloud and despair.

PF, LOB and BB will get ma full support and the rest on here need to be patient (some won't be) BB is an easy target fur the boo boys. Get off their case FFS and get behind them

marinello59
23-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Why wouldn't i want to see it? I'm desperate for us to improve.
As i said before i think there are lots of fans that are allowing blind faith to see what they want to see.
McPake has been good for us but him aside the football has been as rank in the 2nd half of the season as it was in the 1st. IMHO people are kidding themselves on if they think otherwise. We were still a very poor side and 2 decent shows against the pars (who have to be the worst outfit i've ever seen in the SPL) wont convince me that improvement has been made.
Exactly where and when were these good performances supposed to have happened?

I think the point was being made was that there was improvement in the displays after Pat Fenlon arrived rather than that we were world beaters. Following several matches on here last season there were threads where the majority saw positives compared to what had gone before. Just search for the post match threads you didn't post on. :greengrin
It's all about opinions after all, no need to dismiss those who disagree with you as kidding themselves on or being lead by blind faith. We all know how far we have fallen. I don't know any Hibs fans who see us as being in anything other than in desperate straits at the moment. Some of us are glass half full types, some are glass half empty and some are permanently torn faced ***** who would rather nurse their permanent wrath towards Hibs than take any joy whatsoever out of following the club they ''love''.

JIm
23-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Surely the idea is to create an environment where players work hard and enjoy what they do? If i wasnt enjoying training, the setup, atmosphere at the club i wouldnt stay?

The point i'm trying to make though is that even if they do all the basics PF doesnt seem to have the ability or nouse to step it up to the next level.

Hibernia&Alba
23-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Did he return wearing a maroon mankini with 5-1 emblazoned across the crotch?

sadtom
23-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I think the point was being made was that there was improvement in the displays after Pat Fenlon arrived rather than that we were world beaters. Following several matches on here last season there were threads where the majority saw positives compared to what had gone before. Just search for the post match threads you didn't post on. :greengrin
It's all about opinions after all, no need to dismiss those who disagree with you as kidding themselves on or being lead by blind faith. We all know how far we have fallen. I don't know any Hibs fans who see us as being in anything other than in desperate straits at the moment. Some of us are glass half full types, some are glass half empty and some are permanently torn faced ***** who would rather nurse their permanent wrath towards Hibs than take any joy whatsoever out of following the club they ''love''.

In my 40 odd years watching, i reckon coco the clown was the most soul destroying, inept manager we've ever had.
Much as i was delighted to see the back of him and was hugely encouraged by the noises made by PF when he arrived i've seen very little evidence that we've improved.
Incidently i'd have been classed as a happy clapper in relation to Mowbray, JC & Yogi. And a doom and gloomer under Mixu and Coco.
With PF the jury is out. I hope as much as the next fan that he does the biz. Though i fear another long season ahead.