PDA

View Full Version : Question If you could only have one...

down-the-slope
20-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Just as a bit of light relief (or maybe not) and to keep it topical

You can only have one of the following...

England DO NOT win Euros....

Sevco 5088 DO NOT get into SPL this year....

Which are you having and why...
:confused:

(personally can't contemplate either of them over coming the odds as they would be unbearable...)

Thecat23
20-06-2012, 08:04 AM

(personally can't contemplate either of them over coming the odds as they would be unbearable...)

After Hibs losing the SCF to them nothing will compare to that. So I don't give a toss if England win it. In fact I have them in the sweep :greengrin still wanted them out though but really not fussed. I'd hate and mean hate for Newco Rangers to get in.

AustinHibee
20-06-2012, 08:07 AM
If England win,big deal.
If Rangers get in SPL football in this country is finished forever for me.

Sylar
20-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't mind if England win - this "it'll get rammed down our throats" argument is all fair and well, but it's easier to ignore English coverage during a major tournament in future than it is to go the entire SPL season having to potentially watch a NewCo in the SPL!

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-06-2012, 08:10 AM
It makes no difference what SPL fans think or say, the huns will be back in the league whichever way.

England nil.....:agree:

stokesmessiah
20-06-2012, 08:15 AM
It makes no difference what SPL fans think or say, the huns will be back in the league whichever way.

England nil.....:agree:

I used to think that also but i really am starting to feel the tide is turning against them now.

hibsbollah
20-06-2012, 08:21 AM
England winning it wont bother me as much as it would have done previously. In fact it will make TheSun et al look even more stupid than usual.

They wont though.

franks
20-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Come on England.

Bill Milne
20-06-2012, 08:28 AM
The only important thing for me just now is punishing the "The Huns"!!

Steve20
20-06-2012, 08:31 AM
The only important thing for me just now is punishing the "The Huns"!!

More important than Hibs putting together a team? I can't understand this.

greenginger
20-06-2012, 08:33 AM
If Engerland win the Euro's after Ukraine's disallowed goal it will be a Tainted Title won't it. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
20-06-2012, 09:56 AM
If Engerland win the Euro's after Ukraine's disallowed goal it will be a Tainted Title won't it. :greengrin

In this case, two wrongs did indeed, make a right.

The officials were wrong not to give offside against Ukraine and then wrong not to give the goal.

Correct outcome.

At The Edge
20-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Sevco not to get back into the SPL this year, England winning i can live with, turn the tv or radio off, no big deal, however the fallout from Sevco getting a team into the SPL will have ramifications for years to come.

TrickyNicky
20-06-2012, 10:09 AM
In this case, two wrongs did indeed, make a right.

The officials were wrong not to give offside against Ukraine and then wrong not to give the goal.

Correct outcome.

Maybe you're right Hibbyradge but you didn't answer the question, pick one , pick one, pick one :na na:

TrickyNicky
20-06-2012, 10:11 AM
That is tough!

England to win, I love you Wayne :greengrin

These Huns really don't know what we're willing to do to see the back of them.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Maybe you're right Hibbyradge but you didn't answer the question, pick one , pick one, pick one :na na:

There's actually a part of me that would quite like England to win, although I did find myself heading the ball towards their goal on a couple of occasions last night!

However, if The Huns are in the SPL next year, I'll be finished with Scottish football, so that's more important.

neilmartinrocks
20-06-2012, 10:29 AM
oh tricky one this....
but there is mair chance of Italy putting the engerlish out with their reserves than the spl putting the huns out with a vote.
so ill go for no huns.

Hibs Class
20-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Tricky indeed - if England do win the euros then it will give the red white & blue flag waving hordes at greyskull a little silver lining in their otherwise heavily cloudy year. Guess I can tolerate that if it means the SPL is cleansed of most things hunnish.

Dinkydoo
20-06-2012, 12:01 PM
No Newco in the SPL for me; no contest really.

Eyrie
20-06-2012, 07:12 PM
No Sevco 5088 in the SPL is a no-brainer, so I'll readily cheer for England in the final.

As regards them winning it, I survived the horror of them doing so at RWC2003.

DH1875
20-06-2012, 10:41 PM
On the plus side, we won't have to hear about 1966 ever again :agree:.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2012, 12:24 PM

At times of dilemma, such as this, I often find myself asking "what would Walter Smith do".

It's a no-brainer, I want both.

erin go bragh
21-06-2012, 04:25 PM
The only bonus of england winning it, will mean that dirty cheating hearts loving creep thomson, gets no where near the final ,newco gtf :agree:

ggtth

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2012, 09:41 PM

The goal wasn't disallowed as it was never acknowledged as crossing the line in the first place.:greengrin