PDA

View Full Version : What does the Newco future hold in store for you?

Hibbyradge
19-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Friday night: Support Edinburgh RFC at Murrayfield

Saturday: Golf then a swally.

Sunday: Sleep late then a relaxing post swally brunch, followed by 2 English Premier League games on TV.

HH81
19-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Friday night super league

Saturday hibs game on radio or tv

Sunday cougars.

Saorsa
19-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll still meet up with the lads on match days, I'll just no be going tae the games with them that still go. If there's a game on doon the links at the same time I'll maybe nip out and watch that providing it's no pishing doon, if it is I'll just stay in the boozer.

HH81
19-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I'll still meet up with the lads on match days, I'll just no be going tae the games with them that still go. If there's a game on doon the links at the same time I'll maybe nip out and watch that providing it's no pishing doon, if it is I'll just stay in the boozer.

Least you can still buy me a pint when I'm up then dd :-)

Saorsa
19-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Least you can still buy me a pint when I'm up then dd :-)nae probs ya sassenach :wink: :greengrin

:cheers:

HibbyDave
19-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Friday night: Support Edinburgh RFC at Murrayfield

Saturday: Golf then a swally.

Sunday: Sleep late then a relaxing post swally brunch, followed by 2 English Premier League games on TV.

THIS (except that Golfy thing) .....I've got sticks or whatever they are called but i'll just go for the swally after a good long walk in the countryside.

HH81
19-06-2012, 06:30 PM
nae probs ya sassenach :wink: :greengrin

:cheers:

No idea what sassenach means but doubt its a complement ha ha.

Steve20
19-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Sat - go to the Hibs game.

Sun - watch English Premier League games on tv.

Hibrandenburg
19-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Maybe I'll get a life.

The_Todd
19-06-2012, 07:42 PM
I've taken out a Spurs "One Hotspur Lillywhite Membership" - the same as our Club Membership (entry card to the stadium, first dibs on tickets). I'll go to WHL a couple of times, and attend Spurs away matches in the north (ie Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan). Of course, money and distance means I can't do this more than a handful of times a year. I may return to watching the Edinburgh Capitals hockey.

Other than that, anything but attending or watching SPL matches.

The above applies if NewCo get in, regardless of how Hibs vote - I'll no longer have any belief or faith in Scottish Football or it's authorities and no respect for the clubs which constitute it.

Mikeystewart
19-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe I'll get a life.

:top marks

Maybe a blessing in disguise for some of us.....:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 07:53 PM
SSN, the odd game at Bloomfield road, and a golf membership at The Deveres in Blackpool.

BoltonHibee
19-06-2012, 07:55 PM
SSN, the odd game at Bloomfield road, and a golf membership at The Deveres in Blackpool.

De Veres had a great deal on their golf courses last year, not sure if it's still about.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 07:57 PM
De Veres had a great deal on their golf courses last year, not sure if it's still about.

£300 for 300 points i think, cant remember how many points each game is, but it works out at £7 odd a game.

snooky
19-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Depends on the facts.
If there is no legal reason the new company can play in the SPL then there's not much can be done.
It would then be up to the authorities to carry out their investigations and act accordingly.

If it is proven there has been rule breaches which the new company are liable for and nothing happens then that would be different.

I'm not going to say what I'm going to do until we've heard the obese female's aria.

Just learned that it pays not to scan-read.
I read that as 'ar$e'. :embarrass

BoltonHibee
19-06-2012, 08:08 PM
£300 for 300 points i think, cant remember how many points each game is, but it works out at £7 odd a game.

That's the one, but it was £250

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 08:10 PM
That's the one, but it was £250

It still might be Moray, we were talking about it the other night, and i thought i heard £299 mentioned but could be wrong?

Gatecrasher
19-06-2012, 08:17 PM
The bundesliga

Rossco1875
19-06-2012, 08:26 PM

A pint and a seat waiting for me after every game :wink:

son of haggart
19-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Friday night same as now - taking the kids to boys/ girls brigade and buying in some beers for R&R with Mrs SOH
Saturday Kingstonian game with my boy - beers at half time and after the game
Sunday my boy playing rugby - surprisingly no beers

maybe get in a bit more gardeig and hillwalking - Newco could add years to my life expectancy!

Saorsa
19-06-2012, 08:59 PM
A pint and a seat waiting for me after every game :wink:well, a seat anyway :wink:

HH81
19-06-2012, 09:03 PM
A pint and a seat waiting for me after every game :wink:

Ross,

You have more chance of platting piss than DD getting you a beer :greengrin

Saorsa
19-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Ross,

You have more chance of platting piss than DD getting you a beer :greengrinshut it you :greengrin

.Sean.
19-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I'll still be going to watch Hibs.

Rossco1875
19-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Ross,

You have more chance of platting piss than DD getting you a beer :greengrin

The trick john is to get a couple of jaeger bombs down him :wink: then the pints start rolling in:greengrin

jgl07
20-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Probably more trips to Manchester on a Saturday!

Lungo--Drom
21-06-2012, 04:14 AM
> NASCAR on Premier Sports.
> Gaelic football and hurling on Premier Sports and maybe three of four times a year actually go to a match over in Ireland.
> NRL Australian Rugby League on Premier Sports.
> BRISCA stock car racing on Premier Sports (coz I can't resist watching the presenter, the delectable Natalie Quirk aka The Quirkmeister)
> The 'International Rules' crossover football between Ireland and Australia - it's a cross between GAA and AFL if you can picture that, but brilliant anyway.
> Bamber Bridge FC in the EvoStik Northern Div. 1

hibbiedon
21-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Im a Hibs fan, why would I stop going to watch them, I disagree with bigotry but still went regardless of what the old firm did, I disagree with child molesters but still went regardless of what hearts did, I respect animal rights but still went regardless of what dons fans do
:flag:

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 08:07 AM
If Hibs vote no I'll still go to home games and probably increase my attendance at away games against other teams who do the right thing.

That will still free up a lot of time as I'll never watch Newco either home or away and I won't attend the grounds of clubs who vote yes.

So more golf, few more East of Scotland games etc.

If Hibs vote them back in I might have another crack at playing Saturdays myself.

hibsbollah
21-06-2012, 08:11 AM
As long as Hibs vote no i'll still be going to Easter Road.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm not really looking for any old excuse not to support my team so I'll be watching Hibs still.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm not really looking for any old excuse not to support my team so I'll be watching Hibs still.

Maybe you don't care about integrity and fairness, but you really shouldn't be so dismissive of those who do.

Any old excuse, indeed.

No wonder football fans get taken for mugs. Like the victims of domestic violence, they just keep coming back for more.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Maybe you don't care about integrity and fairness, but you really shouldn't be so dismissive of those who do.

Any old excuse, indeed.

No wonder football fans get taken for mugs. Like the victims of domestic violence, they just keep coming back for more.

Selective integrity and fairness.

Yep, I'll be going back for more at Hibs regardless.

flash
21-06-2012, 10:07 AM
As long as Hibs vote no i'll still be going to Easter Road.

Snap.

green&left
21-06-2012, 10:11 AM
It's a ticky one. If Hibs vote Yes (will we ever know?) I'd consider chucking it, and having missed 5 games in as many seasons home and away that's not looking for 'any old excuse'. If we vote no then attend everyweek as I do now, maybe boycotting those that voted yes? It's the day out factor of the pubs and train trips i'd miss. 90 minutes of alleged fitba is the worst part so don't think it would be all that difficult giving that up.

khib70
21-06-2012, 10:14 AM
This:agree:

I'm not going to penalise the team I've supported all my life because of Team 12, or anyone else.

I don't go to that many away games anyway these days, and quite often go down to watch the EPL champions - but empty stands at away games are hardly going to bring about any improvement in our team's performance, are they?

Northernhibee
21-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Cove Rangers or Inverurie Loco Works.

Won't be the same and wouldn't have the same emotional attachment but if Rangers get away scot free at least it wouldn't be a corrupt league.

JimBHibees
21-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Im a Hibs fan, why would I stop going to watch them, I disagree with bigotry but still went regardless of what the old firm did, I disagree with child molesters but still went regardless of what hearts did, I respect animal rights but still went regardless of what dons fans do
:flag:

Superb. :faf:

Saorsa
21-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not really looking for any old excuse not to support my team so I'll be watching Hibs still.:yawn:

Why do you think people need an excuse no tae go? I've spent hundreds every year mostly watching rubbish, particularly lately, I still did it. I dinnae need an excuse no tae spend hundreds doing that, I would simply stop (like many others have already) if I dindae want tae do it and I'd need nae excuse tae justify myself tae you or anybody else so change the record. If this league votes tae allow cheats back in after they've lied, stolen and broken just about every rule in the book then they can do one. If that is the road Scottish fitba chooses tae go down, it'll be going down it without me and many others.

I will not waste my money on that, as far as I'm concerned it will nae longer be a sport, just a corrupt rip off business with about as much credibility as WWF wrestling, nae mair, nae less. Most of the people involved in the game in this country would struggle tae do the right thing if their life depended on it and they'd sell their granny for an easy few quid.

If the right thing is done I will still be going tae every hame game and may even still renew my season ticket

MrRobot
21-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I'll still be going to watch Hibs.

Ditto. Changes nothing for me. Team I support so ill be going along.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 09:36 PM
After todays announcements from Tannadice and Tynecastle it looks like my time is going to be spent watching a lot more Hibs.

LancashireHibby
21-06-2012, 09:40 PM
If Hibs vote no I'll still go to home games and probably increase my attendance at away games against other teams who do the right thing.

That will still free up a lot of time as I'll never watch Newco either home or away and I won't attend the grounds of clubs who vote yes.
That just about covers it for me. My spare Saturday's will be spent watching Bolton, plus there are plenty more midweek games in the Championship. In fact, 2012/13 is looking pretty likely that I will be going to more Bolton games than Hibs games for the first time in about 4 years.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Ditto. Changes nothing for me. Team I support so ill be going along.

:agree:

Nevi1875
22-06-2012, 09:40 PM
It's a ticky one. If Hibs vote Yes (will we ever know?) I'd consider chucking it, and having missed 5 games in as many seasons home and away that's not looking for 'any old excuse'. If we vote no then attend everyweek as I do now, maybe boycotting those that voted yes? It's the day out factor of the pubs and train trips i'd miss. 90 minutes of alleged fitba is the worst part so don't think it would be all that difficult giving that up.

This

Not the missing 5 games a season tho I am about 9/10

son of haggart
22-06-2012, 09:50 PM
:yawn:

Why do you think people need an excuse no tae go? I've spent hundreds every year mostly watching rubbish, particularly lately, I still did it. I dinnae need an excuse no tae spend hundreds doing that, I would simply stop (like many others have already) if I dindae want tae do it and I'd need nae excuse tae justify myself tae you or anybody else so change the record. If this league votes tae allow cheats back in after they've lied, stolen and broken just about every rule in the book then they can do one. If that is the road Scottish fitba chooses tae go down, it'll be going down it without me and many others.

I will not waste my money on that, as far as I'm concerned it will nae longer be a sport, just a corrupt rip off business with about as much credibility as WWF wrestling, nae mair, nae less. Most of the people involved in the game in this country would struggle tae do the right thing if their life depended on it and they'd sell their granny for an easy few quid.

If the right thing is done I will still be going tae every hame game and may even still renew my season ticket

Very well put, and I agree with every word you have said

weecounty hibby
23-06-2012, 07:15 AM
:yawn:

Spot on. I am now at 39 years of watching Hibs and always hoped to see them win the league. If der hun is allowed back in i will now know that it is impossible and that all the non of clubs in the spl DO NOT care about winning it only about cash.

Fantic
23-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Thing is that football fans are fickle. You just need to look on this messageboard or any other to see all the melodramatics after a defeat (myself included!) and everybody not going back, protests etc etc.. and all the excitement after any simple win!

If Hibs were to go on a good run am sure all those who were 'staying away' wouldn't stay away for very long. The thing about us football fans is that we think the world revolves round us but at the end of the day most people only have a fleeting interest in football or don't care at all! The statements we try and make all seem a little less important after a week or 2.

FWIW i don't think there's any danger 'The Rangers' will be in the SPL this year.. every week something else seems to go against them and they'll be lucky to survive in any form at all .. we might not even see them again:thumbsup: Hopefully they cheatin hearts c**** are next.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Thing is that football fans are as fickle. You just need to look on this messageboard or any other to see all the melodramatics after a defeat (myself included!) and everybody not going back, protests etc etc.. and all the excitement after any simple win!

If Hibs were to go on a good run am sure all those who were 'staying away' wouldn't stay away for very long. The thing about us football fans is that we think the world revolves round us but at the end of the day most people only have a fleeting interest in football or don't care at all! The statements we try and make all seem a little less important after a week or 2.

FWIW i don't think there's any danger 'The Rangers' will be in the SPL this year.. every week something else seems to go against them and they'll be lucky to survive in any form at all .. we might not even see them again:thumbsup: Hopefully they hearts c**** are next.
I disagree. Football in Scotland is at a real crossroads, i think there are thousands of genuine fans out thrre who are already close to quitting and this could be the last straw for many

Fantic
23-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I disagree. Football in Scotland is at a real crossroads, i think there are thousands of genuine fans out thrre who are already close to quitting and this could be the last straw for many

maybe you're right but is it not probably just more the end of 'the old firm' than anything else. All the other teams will just keep struggling along no matter what happens with newco.

Spike Mandela
23-06-2012, 08:27 AM
With the likelyhood growing of a Kop out drop to div 1 punishment I still reckon lots of supporters will walk away from the game. The authorities will bend over backwards to accomadate Rangers. All their sanctions will be wrapped in a neat little 1 year relegation and any SFA appeal panel decision will no doubt reside with oldco.

In my situation Hibs season ticket loss would be a golf memberships gain. Not punishing Hibs or anything like thay just somebody who loves football totally scunnered by the game in this country.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Thing is that football fans are fickle. You just need to look on this messageboard or any other to see all the melodramatics after a defeat (myself included!) and everybody not going back, protests etc etc.. and all the excitement after any simple win!

FWIW i don't think there's any danger 'The Rangers' will be in the SPL this year.. every week something else seems to go against them and they'll be lucky to survive in any form at all .. we might not even see them again:thumbsup: Hopefully they cheatin hearts c**** are next.

I think you are wrong on this, normally i'd agree but we are witnessing a real change in the way fans are feeling on Scottish football.

I have been at the end of my tether for a long time, i think others feel the same. We have watched a whole industry try and ignore the biggest scandal to hit our game ever, and what have the people in charge done?

We have also witnessed the media ignore it, in fact frightened of it so much its taken someone from England to actually ask any searching questions, questions each fan wants asked but nobody from the scottish media dare ask.

I agree some folk can be fickle, have been myself. But i guarantee you, my season ticket thats been bought and paid for weeks ago, will NOT be used once next season, and will never be bought again if this corrupt league let them back in the SPL, or restructure the whole game, and let them in SPL 2 or league 1 or whatever they call it.

NO SURRENDER.

Fantic
23-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I think you are wrong on this, normally i'd agree but we are witnessing a real change in the way fans are feeling on Scottish football.

I have been at the end of my tether for a long time, i think others feel the same. We have watched a whole industry try and ignore the biggest scandal to hit our game ever, and what have the people in charge done?

We have also witnessed the media ignore it, in fact frightened of it so much its taken someone from England to actually ask any searching questions, questions each fan wants asked but nobody from the scottish media dare ask.

I agree some folk can be fickle, have been myself. But i guarantee you, my season ticket thats been bought and paid for weeks ago, will NOT be used once next season, and will never be bought again if this corrupt league let them back in the SPL, or restructure the whole game, and let them in SPL 2 or league 1 or whatever they call it.

NO SURRENDER.

I agree NO SURRENDER

I don't know maybe I am wrong, but I just think if we did go on a good run most of the fans would drift back.. and the huns2 would jut get ripped about all this from now on. This applies to all the other SPL teams. Hopefully they'll just go down the tubes.