PDA

View Full Version : The Gaffer on new signings

H18sry
19-06-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120619/boss-on-player-recruitment_2262950_2816624 :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
19-06-2012, 04:54 PM
PF mentions that signings take time and don't happen over night. 19 days in still no signings. We need to sign at least 10 players who are better than what we have just now, it takes 3-4 weeks training and playing pre season games together to get them ready as a team for Utd away on 5th Aug! The clock is ticking fast.....hopefully we won't do it the Hibs way and sigh aload off duds sometine in August hail hail

PISTOL1875
19-06-2012, 04:55 PM
You have to remember that when you have a tournament in during the summer , everything stops regarding transfers. Only the bigger clubs are the ones who really sign players at this period..

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-06-2012, 04:58 PM
They've been reading Hibs.net :agree: :greengrin

Billy
19-06-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZLFfyITRw

TornadoHibby
19-06-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120619/boss-on-player-recruitment_2262950_2816624 :wink:

Not much new there then! :rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
19-06-2012, 05:20 PM
The way Pat talks about McPake makes it seem increasingly likely that he won't be signing for us. Hopefully I am reading too much into it though.

Beefster
19-06-2012, 05:24 PM
You have to remember that when you have a tournament in during the summer , everything stops regarding transfers. Only the bigger clubs are the ones who really sign players at this period..

Aye, the Euros are the major factor in why Hibs haven't announced any signings.

DMR1875
19-06-2012, 05:28 PM
STV just announced that Hibs cannot meet McPake's wage demands.

S4uzee
19-06-2012, 05:32 PM
The way Pat talks about McPake makes it seem increasingly likely that he won't be signing for us. Hopefully I am reading too much into it though.
Get that impression aswell. Particularly liked the bit about the nastiness - about time

essexhibee
19-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Mcpake on Twitter rubbishing that STV report.

Wheat Hound
19-06-2012, 05:39 PM

cannot or will not; the latter I presume. Petrie!!!

DMR1875
19-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Mcpake on Twitter rubbishing that STV report.

Just read that too. If there is one guy we need to get our hopes up it's him. C'mon Rod.

Matty_Jack04
19-06-2012, 05:46 PM
@JamesMcPake: Surprised by STV news 2nite!! Wage demands?? Not sure where that has come from #strange

H18sry
19-06-2012, 05:49 PM

James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake
Surprised by STV news 2nite!! Wage demands?? Not sure where that has come from #strange
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

2m AP ‏@biscuit1969
@JamesMcPake not like stv to get it wrong NOT
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

55s James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake
@biscuit1969 have to say I was very surprised when it came on!!
Hide conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

AP ‏@biscuit1969
@JamesMcPake I think Hibs would be also,must be a slow sports day for stv so they make stuff up #utterrubbish

Anybody hear what was said?

Thecat23
19-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Is this a wind up? Hibs won't be signing anyone who's there so how does this effect us exactly? I know players and agents and that's rubbish as there are loads of players talking to clubs just now. I know of one talking to Hibs but no chance am I putting it up as I know both parties want to keep it quiet just now.

Col2
19-06-2012, 05:53 PM
STV also said he was a free agent which he is not. Quality reporting, not!

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Is this a wind up? Hibs won't be signing anyone who's there so how does this effect us exactly? I know players and agents and that's rubbish as there are loads of players talking to clubs just now. I know of one talking to Hibs but no chance am I putting it up as I know both parties want to keep it quiet just now.

Yeah you't think it'd be the other way round, big clubs struggling to sign players, as the big players are away.

Andy74
19-06-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd forgotten how much I love Pat Fenlon until I heard that again.

We have someone here that wants to and can change everything about this club.

It's helped me forget some of the nonsense on here and everyone's opinion on how Hibs should go about their business. Pat knows what he's doing.

Col2
19-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Didn't read it that way to be honest Andy.

Was uninspiring. Dont like false promises like the next person but first proper interview from the club in a month and we get the 'we are trying very hard to get players in' line. Insert last 5+ mangers and that quote could be associated with them.

Not asking for much, just want Hibs to give us the fans some hope and excitement. What's next, by early July 'ideally I would have wanted some new players in for start of pre season but it's only been the past few days players and clubs have been contactable due to holidays and Euro 2012'.

HibbyDave
19-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I'll stand by my previous post on the subject of transfers. We won't sign a single player till 7-10 days before the window closes.

Planet Hibs
19-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Every year is the same with the line we are sure to hear sooner rather than later 'players, agents and clubs all on their holidays' therefore we make last ditch signings.
Just a bigger job required this year cos we are 8 players short minimum imo....one of them please must b a player with an ounce of skill and ability to beat his opponent!

Andy74
19-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Was uninspiring. Dont like false promises like the next person but first proper interview from the club in a month and we get the 'we are trying very hard to get players in' line. Insert last 5+ mangers and that quote could be associated with them.

Not asking for much, just want Hibs to give us the fans some hope and excitement. What's next, by early July 'ideally I would have wanted some new players in for start of pre season but it's only been the past few days players and clubs have been contactable due to holidays and Euro 2012'.

So they are not trying?

I prefer him to tell the truth, as he has done.

Hearing him talk about signing the right quality and the right characters wasn't of any interest to you?

I think the replies on this thread illustrates why the club should not bother talking at all. It's pathetic the take people have on it.

E10 Rifle
19-06-2012, 06:31 PM
A lot of players are under contract until the end of June, things will start to move in July...and PF has until Christmas

ALF TUPPER
19-06-2012, 06:34 PM
James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake
Surprised by STV news 2nite!! Wage demands?? Not sure where that has come from #strange
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

2m AP ‏@biscuit1969
@JamesMcPake not like stv to get it wrong NOT
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

55s James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake
@biscuit1969 have to say I was very surprised when it came on!!
Hide conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

AP ‏@biscuit1969
@JamesMcPake I think Hibs would be also,must be a slow sports day for stv so they make stuff up #utterrubbish

Anybody hear what was said?

Anyone ??
Biscuit ?? = Allan Preston (agent)

Col2
19-06-2012, 06:42 PM
So they are not trying?

Hearing him talk about signing the right quality and the right characters wasn't of any interest to you?

I think the replies on this thread illustrates why the club should not bother talking at all. It's pathetic the take people have on it.

Eh? What rubbish. 'Tell the truth'? Well I thought that was a given for a Hibs manager. 'Pathetic' that I and others expect a club with the biggest rebuilding job to do in SPL have made some confirmed progress in the transfer market after two years of shocking football and one month to the day since the biggest humiliation and biggest let down in one single game arguably in our history???

I will say it again after saying it several times. The club OWE the fans big time after 19th May. They had to make a statement of intent, instead they are hiding. Leadership, long term plan, new ideas, some inspiration. All lacking.

Ferryhibby
19-06-2012, 06:44 PM

It's helped me forget some of the nonsense on here and everyone's opinion on how Hibs should go about their business. Pat knows what he's doing.

Top post...me i'll wait till we sign people the past few seasons with the names being linked here had most of us on the brink of lunacy at times..il trust what Pat brings in..he's talking a lot of sense to start with.

Col2
19-06-2012, 06:45 PM
A lot of players are under contract until the end of June, things will start to move in July...and PF has until Christmas

I reckon he has until October. By the way when is he AGM?

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Eh? What rubbish. 'Tell the truth'? Well I thought that was a given for a Hibs manager. 'Pathetic' that I and others expect a club with the biggest rebuilding job to do in SPL have made some confirmed progress in the transfer market after two years of shocking football and one month to the day since the biggest humiliation and biggest let down in one single game arguably in our history???

I will say it again after saying it several times. The club OWE the fans big time after 19th May. They had to make a statement of intent, instead they are hiding. Leadership, long term plan, new ideas, some inspiration. All lacking.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

GordonHFC
19-06-2012, 07:16 PM

I heard that he is waiting to see if he can get a pay off from Coventry. If not he will not be coming. Currently on £6000 a week there.

jodjam
19-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I'll stand by my previous post on the subject of transfers. We won't sign a single player till 7-10 days before the window closes.

I think you will be proven wrong.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Still a bit of bed wetting going on. We will sign players that want to play for the club, not rush in to things and sign 2nd rate journeymen as we have done in the past. Keep the faith.

HibbyDave
19-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Meant to say 7-10 days before season starts (window open till end of Aug)-Doh!

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Still a bit of bed wetting going on. We will sign players that want to play for the club, not rush in to things and sign 2nd rate journeymen as we have done in the past. Keep the faith.

And if anyone beats our offer, they will want to play for that team too. There are not many players out there, who want to play for us because we are Hibs. They will come for what we can offer, not an undying love of easter road.

scoopyboy
19-06-2012, 08:06 PM

You might want to change it to 7-10 days before the players report back to training (July 2nd). :greengrin

S.sct
19-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Did get that feeling.

BoltonHibee
19-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Here we go again, do you never learn Andy? Away and pull your pants back up!

S.sct
19-06-2012, 08:18 PM

So lets just make something up then. The guy has communicated what his vision is going forward, if achieved that will be massive progress for me which equates to hope. No?

hibsforeurope
19-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Fenlon talking about signing more like mcpake suggests to me he has/will sign and we are looking at more of the same. Not sure if I'm taking this comment in wrong way but here's hoping.

IWasThere2016
19-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Huns' player scared to be first to leave? :wink:

Thecat23
19-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Huns' player scared to be first to leave? :wink:

Haha I'm saying nothing ;)

Thecat23
19-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah you't think it'd be the other way round, big clubs struggling to sign players, as the big players are away.

Exactly.. They bigger clubs in Europe will all be doing deals but more so after the Euros. If they are targeting these players.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Fully expect us to sign a load of crap about a week before the season kicks off.

I don't think I can handle yet another relegation battle.

Fully expect not to be ar ER very much next season.

I'm so glad I didn't fall the cup final ticket scam, I feel for those guys who bought a ST.

IWasThere2016
19-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Nae need to :wink:

jdships
19-06-2012, 09:19 PM
So they are not trying?

As they say " an old head on young shoulders "" and that you are
Good post which sums it up for me perfectly

StevieC
19-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I heard that he is waiting to see if he can get a pay off from Coventry. If not he will not be coming. Currently on £6000 a week there.

Exactly. Have 2 months close season on £6k a week and sign in time for new season or sign early and have 2 months at £3k a week.

It's a no-brainer!

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Fully expect us to sign a load of crap about a week before the season kicks off.

I'm so glad I didn't fall the cup final ticket scam, I feel for those guys who bought a ST.

Having read your posts over the last few weeks, i am convinced you are one of them. :jamboclow

stantonhibby
19-06-2012, 09:37 PM

would you be happy if this player signed ?

FranckSuzy
19-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Eh? :confused: You either bought one or you didn't. Simple. Scam? Nah :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 09:40 PM

Never mind, I'm sure you'll be on here regularly telling us how pish we are

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 09:44 PM

That's a nice dog in your avatar.

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Obviously after he has returned from *********** of course.....

EDIT: Why is that starred out? :eek:

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Having read your posts over the last few weeks, i am convinced you are one of them. :jamboclow

Na, just long in the tooth and a realist half hoping to be proved wrong.

Sadly when it comes to predicting anything about Hibs, I'm very rarely wrong these days.

I take it you have a different take in things?
Do you think Petrie will splash the cash, that we'll have a decent squad in place with a decent pre-season behind them before a ball is kicked?

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Obviously after he has returned from *********** of course.....

EDIT: Why is that starred out? :eek:

Because your a clown that needs to learn to respect other people's opinion maybe?

lucky
It actually surprises me how many Hibs fans dislike our club. Many excuses over why they won't watch Hibs. SPL rules, newco, no signings, RP and STF, prices of STs. FFS we are meant to be supporters

FranckSuzy

Sadly when it comes to predicting anything about Hibs, I'm very rarely wrong these days.

Do you think Petrie will splash the cash, that we'll have a decent squad in place with a decent pre-season behind them before a ball is kicked?

Funnily enough, you're becoming very predictable too :yawn:

matty_f
19-06-2012, 09:48 PM
It actually surprises me how many Hibs fans dislike our club. Many excuses over why they won't watch Hibs. SPL rules, newco, no signings, RP and STF, prices of STs. FFS we are meant to be supporters

:top marks:

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Because your a clown that needs to learn to respect other people's opinion maybe?

Cos that made sense, good one. :aok:

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:50 PM

Yup, and you'll be boring us all to death about how good we are.

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Maybe you should lead by example and respect his opinions rather than resorting to name calling?

matty_f
19-06-2012, 09:52 PM

You're.

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Yup, and you'll be boring us all to death about how good we are.

Well I'll be qualified to comment having decided to support my team rather than sit at home sniping

theonlywayisup
19-06-2012, 09:55 PM

I fully expect Petrie to "splash the cash" that comes from ST sales. That is money in the bank that he can then use to sign players. It is a vey simple equation, the greater the ST pot, the better the standard of player that Fenlon will buy.

Petrie will not "splash the cash" over and above the ST sales, with the hope that Littlest Hobo and others might or might not pop along to buy a matchday ticket.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Funnily enough, you're becoming very predictable too :yawn:

Same old Hibs.net, post something that is critical of the club and the usual suspects line up to shoot you down.

I'll be getting accused if being one of them soon, oh that's already happened.

If you have a differing opinion, let's hear it.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe you should lead by example and respect his opinions rather than resorting to name calling?

Maybe you should mind your own business.

FranckSuzy
19-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Same old Hibs.net, post something that is critical of the club and the usual suspects line up to shoot you down.

Classy reply.

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 09:58 PM
It's a public forum, it is his business.

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Hahaha. :hilarious :bye:

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 09:59 PM

You're (note the correct spelling) the one who said you wouldn't be at ER much this coming season. Say it on a public forum and it becomes everyone's business. Still, as long as you're (see that, I did it again!) happy

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2012, 10:00 PM

If you think folk on here are fannies and it's the same old Hibs.net why continue to post? You've given up going to ER so why not do the same on here if you feel that way. Genuine question not spoiling for an argument on this.

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:01 PM

These ones.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O6Q1zNTCosk/T1ilB8bHG7I/AAAAAAAABFE/SsAyPaJnw1I/s1600/The+Usual_Suspects.jpg

HNA1
19-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Can we keep this on topic please?

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:02 PM
These ones.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O6Q1zNTCosk/T1ilB8bHG7I/AAAAAAAABFE/SsAyPaJnw1I/s1600/The+Usual_Suspects.jpg

:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I fully expect Petrie to "splash the cash" that comes from ST sales. That is money in the bank that he can then use to sign players. It is a vey simple equation, the greater the ST pot, the better the standard of player that Fenlon will buy.

Petrie will not "splash the cash" over and above the ST sales, with the hope that Littlest Hobo and others might or might not pop along to buy a matchday ticket.

I'm no expecting him to sign over and above what we can afford but let's face it, we have signed a barrel load of ***** the last three seasons.

It worries me that they daft ***** don't know what a good footballer is.

Defend the club all you like but they have been letting the supporters down for the last few years.

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuLgsVcQUY

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:04 PM

You respect your elders okay.

Shrekko
19-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I cannot believe that a petty argument over one fans attitude towards Hibs is going to over-shadow the whole thread thus denying us all the chance to feed TQM's ego and beg him for clues about the Hun we're trying to sign!

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:06 PM
You're (note the correct spelling) the one who said you wouldn't be at ER much this coming season. Say it on a public forum and it becomes everyone's business. Still, as long as you're (see that, I did it again!) happy

Oh Jonny!

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2012, 10:08 PM

:agree::agree:

I like PF, he knows what he wants, love him saying we need steel, and to instill nastiness.....

BroxburnHibee

Maybe you should try respecting differing opinions instead of having a pop at people who dare not to slag the club at every opportunity.

"Same old Hibs.net" :hilarious

Jonnyboy

Very good points and well made :agree:

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Can we keep this on topic please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9A5ryNbUU :greengrin

Change hazelnut to fanny. :faf:

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9A5ryNbUU :greengrin

Are you really this bored? :hilarious

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:13 PM
You respect your elders okay.

Ha ha, I only respect those that respect me.

I gave my opinion, then I get all sorts of smart arsed reply's (read back) one accusing me of being one of them.

I realise there are one or two of you think that your "celebrity .net posters" to be honest I couldn't give a monkeys who you are or who you know.

If your no happy with my opinion then come up with a counter argument.

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2012, 10:15 PM

I gave my opinion, then I get all sorts of smart arsed reply's (read back) one accusing me of being one of them.

I realise there are one or two of you think that your "celebrity .net posters" to be honest I couldn't give a monkeys who you are or who you know.

We have celebrities posting on here?

JustSimplyHibs
19-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I cannot believe that a petty argument over one fans attitude towards Hibs is going to over-shadow the whole thread thus denying us all the chance to feed TQM's ego and beg him for clues about the Hun we're trying to sign!

Scottish player with international caps :wink:

SteveHFC
19-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Neil Alexander :wink:

Littlest Hobo
Maybe you should try respecting differing opinions instead of having a pop at people who dare not to slag the club at every opportunity.

"Same old Hibs.net" :hilarious

Maybe you wanna read all the posts first before typing a load of crap.

I only gave an opinion.

I only retaliated to what OP's said to me which I think I'm perfectly entitled to.

blackpoolhibs

Clubfoot?

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Are you really this bored? :hilarious

Just chilling Fraz, Docs orders. :greengrin

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe you wanna read all the posts first before typing a load of crap.

I only gave an opinion.

I only retaliated to what OP's said to me which I think I'm perfectly entitled to.

Bit contradictory. I thought opinions were allowed?

Littlest Hobo

Think their celebs. AKA as folk that spend all their time on .net and have no life.

micka_weer
Really like PF too and really liked the fact that he's trying to turn the club (not just the team) around. I just hope we have the patience to let him do it as I'm not 100% sure we'll see the fruits of his labour in the coming season or maybe even the next? This season I'll be honest and admit that I would accept not worrying about the prospect of being relegated as long as I could see an improved attitude in the team and on the pitch. It might just be a case of 'slow and steady wins the race' ;-)

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Clubfoot?

Please no, just no :greengrin

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Think their celebs. AKA as folk that spend all their time on .net and have no life.

Like who? Name the posters who sit on .net all the time and have no life.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Bit contradictory. I thought opinions were allowed?

I draw the line when you accuse me of being one of them.

No counter argument to my post just a cheap shot at a disgruntled supporter.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Yip its him, and at last we are also interested Bob Malcolm.

Hibbylad86
19-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Clubfoot?

Awww naw!

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Yip its him, and at last we are also interested Bob Malcolm.

Ah the famous Sir Robert of Malcolm - excellent :wink:

HH81
19-06-2012, 10:22 PM

Me :agree: Least i always buy the lads a drink :greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 10:23 PM

Lang Toun Hibs
19-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Deary me, who's a bit tired and grumpy then? :na na:

Cheer up, might never happen...worse things happen at sea etc. Not much of a counter argument but I don't think you'd accept my mindless optimism anyway!

For what it is worth I simply don't think it can be as bad as the last couple of seasons with the exception of a very few really enjoyable highlights along the way. Looking forward to the new season whoever we have guesting for our famous club.

The hard times make the good moments all the more sweeter.

Glory Glory!

:flag:

edinburghhibee
19-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Clubfoot?

Please not clubfoot!!! anyone else but him!

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok - on your advice I've read the whole thread (although I didn't realise that was the rule before being allowed to post a comment) :wink:

You're opinion and one you're entitled to - one that was bound to provoke a response as you well know.

Perhaps an obvious retort but hardly the crime of the century on here.

Good post :aok:

Name calling - let yourself down their buddy - respect opinions? :hmmm:

So my opinion is if you cant take it - don't dish it out.

oldbutdim
19-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Neil Alexander possibly.
:wink:

JustSimplyHibs
19-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Christian Nade :dunno:

Just Alf
19-06-2012, 10:32 PM

:-)

Snap!

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Name and shame them. Down with "Celebrity .net posters" :halowitch:

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Deary me, who's a bit tired and grumpy then? :na na:

Cheer up, might never happen...worse things happen at sea etc. Not much of a counter argument but I don't think you'd accept my mindless optimism anyway!

For what it is worth I simply don't think it can be as bad as the last couple of seasons with the exception of a very few really enjoyable highlights along the way. Looking forward to the new season whoever we have guesting for our famous club.

The hard times make the good moments all the more sweeter.

Glory Glory!

To be fair, each of the last 2 seasons i have said the new manager will surely bring in better players than the previous one. I have been wrong each time, and we now start at an even lower ebb than we did then.

I dont think we are taking this as serious as it really is, we are a very poor team, with very few players good enough to play in the SPL, never mind our 1st team.

We need A LOT of players, perhaps as many as 10 good enough to walk straight in the side.

I'm worried just how much work there is to be done, we are in a very precarious situation, Fenlon needs to get it right straight away the club cant afford another relegation battle.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Does highlighting spelling mistakes give you that feeling of one up man ship you where looking for?

Highlighting someone's lack of education is very low and very sad if not Padantic.

It's usually something used when you have no counter argument, or when your not happy about the content of someone else's post and you want to snipe back as quickly as possible without having to put much thought into it.

Either way you need to grow up.

FWIW I'm at work typing on tapa talk on my phone, hence the reason for the poor grammer. I hope that appeases you Mr Jonnyboy

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:37 PM
To be fair, each of the last 2 seasons i have said the new manager will surely bring in better players than the previous one. I have been wrong each time, and we now start at an even lower ebb than we did then.

I dont think we are taking this as serious as it really is, we are a very poor team, with very few players good enough to play in the SPL, never mind our 1st team.

We need A LOT of players, perhaps as many as 10 good enough to walk straight in the side.

I'm worried just how much work there is to be done, we are in a very precarious situation, Fenlon needs to get it right straight away the club cant afford another relegation battle.

I agree, first time for everything.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Does highlighting spelling mistakes give you that feeling of one up man ship you where looking for?

Highlighting someone's lack of education is very low and very sad if not Padantic.

It's usually something used when you have no counter argument, or when your not happy about the content of someone else's post and you want to snipe back as quickly as possible without having to put much thought into it.

FWIW I'm at work typing on tapa talk on my phone, hence the reason for the poor grammer. I hope that appeases you Mr Jonnyboy

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree, first time for everything.

Sorry to be padantic, but what is the point you are trying to make in this thread?

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Padantic is a good thing. Talking of celebrity posters, has Padantic_Hibee got an oscar yet for his performance in the transfer window deadline day? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2012, 10:42 PM

i'd take broadfoot back at ER again jb :agree: would mean a heck of a reduction in salary though, so most likely a non-starter :cb

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:44 PM

:faf: Always good to finish with a laugh :aok:

As to a counter argument, I don't see much point to be honest. You seem pretty set in your views and I doubt anything I say will change them. I know we've been dire the last couple of seasons or more. I've witnessed it with my own eyes but I remain optimistic that things will take a turn for the better in the coming season. Let's be honest, being a Hibby brings more low's than high's and so when a fellow fan rams the low's down your throat it's hard not to react.

You've said you won't be at ER much this coming season and yet you have no idea what players might be brought in. Your guess is they'll be crap and that's why you'll stay away which is your choice but if you've supported Hibs for as long as you say you have then you'll have seen crap before but still come back for more.

I'll not react any further to the 'grow up' jibe, other than to say calling someone a clown for having a different point of view is pretty childish, don't you think?

Anyway, get back to work and stop robbing your employer by spending time on Hibs.net

PS The last line was meant to raise a smile so don't take it personally :wink:

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Jonnyboy needs to grow up, he can't get any older. :faf:

Only kidding ya young pup J. :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
19-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Agree with this statement, this is a do or die seasons in my eyes. For the past four years we have been on a doward spiral, another season will finish Hibs off, the fans will disappear, our youth is not being fully developed because the player/manager revolving door policy at ER, clearly huge divides in the Hibs support and many more problems.

Do or die season and Pat Fenlon knows it...I do believe wee Paddy will get it right, will he sign a full team before kick off, no. However, with 6 decent signings and a few loan signings till Jan, we will be on course for a top six finish a league cup win over THEM (2-1) and a semi appearance.

:pfgwa

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Jonnyboy needs to grow up, he can't get any older. :faf:

Only kidding ya young pup J. :greengrin

6'1" 40 stone and 141 years old - bit late to grow up now methinks :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Name and shame them. Down with "Celebrity .net posters" :halowitch:

Your one who thinks they are.

You seem to have decent knowledge of what's went down in the past regarding players signing or what have you. That I respect.

However it doesn't make your opinions any more valid than mine.

If I'm negative about the coming season and also about the how the club go about their business then there are reasons behind that, usually caused by years of being let down. That's the way I am and I'll no appologise to anyone for my opinions.

When your fellow supporters start accusing you of being a yam and start pulling you up for spelling mistakes it's a sad day, hang your head in shame Jonnyboy and FrazHibs

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:48 PM
i'd take broadfoot back at ER again jb :agree: would mean a heck of a reduction in salary though, so most likely a non-starter :cb

I really don't think it's him to be honest :greengrin

SteveHFC
19-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Someone said on the bounce it's Alexander :wink:

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:49 PM

You seem to have decent knowledge of what's went down in the past regarding players signing or what have you. That I respect.

If I'm negative about the coming season and also about the how the club go about their business then there are reasons behind that, usually caused by years of being let down. That's the way I am and I'll no appologise to anyone for my opinions.

When your fellow supporters start accusing you of being a yam and start pulling you up for spelling mistakes it's a sad day, hang your head in shame Jonnyboy and FrazHibs

Stop making them then - simples

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I really don't think it's him to be honest :greengrin

i really should start reading whole threads :greengrin but anyway, i'd still have him back at ER

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:54 PM
:faf: Always good to finish with a laugh :aok:

As to a counter argument, I don't see much point to be honest. You seem pretty set in your views and I doubt anything I say will change them. I know we've been dire the last couple of seasons or more. I've witnessed it with my own eyes but I remain optimistic that things will take a turn for the better in the coming season. Let's be honest, being a Hibby brings more low's than high's and so when a fellow fan rams the low's down your throat it's hard not to react.

You've said you won't be at ER much this coming season and yet you have no idea what players might be brought in. Your guess is they'll be crap and that's why you'll stay away which is your choice but if you've supported Hibs for as long as you say you have then you'll have seen crap before but still come back for more.

I'll not react any further to the 'grow up' jibe, other than to say calling someone a clown for having a different point of view is pretty childish, don't you think?

Anyway, get back to work and stop robbing your employer by spending time on Hibs.net

PS The last line was meant to raise a smile so don't take it personally :wink:

I retaliated to being accused of being one of them and you being pedantic and highlighting my poor grammer which compared to most on here is of "a" level standard ; )

Those are my opinions, this is how I feel about Hibs right now.

This is a forum to vent those opinions, otherwise it's the oozy 9mm up Gorgie.

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Stop making them then - simples

Then what you do with your time Jonnyboy? ; )

Col2
19-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Someone said on the bounce it's Alexander :wink:

Would be very happy with that.

Jonnyboy
19-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Then what you do with your time Jonnyboy? ; )

Spend all day and night on here, jumping on folk who make spelling mistakes :greengrin

All joking apart, you're hurting re Hibs and the state the club is in. Your views are as valid as the next man's but I don't share them all so we'll never fully agree. That's messageboard's for you :wink:

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 11:01 PM

As apposed to calling a collection of Hibs fans fannys? :confused:

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 11:02 PM

I have no really gave an opinion on this thread Hobo, just posted a lot of pish, chill out man/woman, your getting wound up a bit, have a laugh, you are having digs at folk and they are having digs back, lets get one thing straight eh, we all want Hibs to do well, yes. ?

So am i a Celebrity .net poster. :aok: :not worth :not worth :aok:

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Spend all day and night on here, jumping on folk who make spelling mistakes :greengrin

All joking apart, you're hurting re Hibs and the state the club is in. Your views are as valid as the next man's but I don't share them all so we'll never fully agree. That's messageboard's for you :wink:

Ok fair enuff ..... Wink!!

IWasThere2016
19-06-2012, 11:08 PM

At last a sensible post :wink: :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I have no really gave an opinion on this thread Hobo, just posted a lot of pish, chill out man/woman, your getting wound up a bit, have a laugh, you are having digs at folk and they are having digs back, lets get one thing straight eh, we all want Hibs to do well, yes. ?

So am i a Celebrity .net poster. :aok: :not worth :not worth :aok:

Let's get that one thing straight then Silver, I only retaliated to the bog standard pish you get in response when you post anything negative about the club on here.

I have stayed calm and chilled, yes I've had one or two counter digs back which I feel I'm perfectly entitled to do.

Let's just leave it eh!!

Any news about potential signings then? Not worthy! ; )

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 11:16 PM
As apposed to calling a collection of Hibs fans fannys? :confused:

A collection of Hibs fans? How many is that then?

As for calling them fannies, na it was only you I called a fanny in response to being accused of being one of them.

It was a counter dig.

Not nice is it?

HNA9
19-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Think this argument has went on long enough eh?

Try and get it back on subject guys please :aok:

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Right let that be a lesson to all of you cant's ; )

I'm orf back to work.

silverhibee
19-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Let's get that one thing straight then Silver, I only retaliated to the bog standard pish you get in response when you post anything negative about the club on here.

I have stayed calm and chilled, yes I've had one or two counter digs back which I feel I'm perfectly entitled to do.

Let's just leave it eh!!

Whittaker to Hibs, you heard it here first. :wink:

Littlest Hobo
19-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Not Hibs class ; )

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 11:32 PM
A collection of Hibs fans? How many is that then?

As for calling them fannies, na it was only you I called a fanny in response to being accused of being one of them.

It was a counter dig.

Not nice is it?

It wasn't actually, your post has been deleted but you referred to coming on to .net with 'these fannys'

stokesmessiah
19-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Think this argument has went on long enough eh?

Try and get it back on subject guys please :aok:

:aok:

Correct, boring.

HNA9
19-06-2012, 11:39 PM
It wasn't actually, your post has been deleted but you referred to coming on to .net with 'these fannys'

I think this has went on long enough Fraze - kindly drop it.

Aldo
20-06-2012, 12:01 AM

;-)

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Whitaker eh? Wonder if he would still get a game for Scotland?

TrickyNicky
20-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Whitaker eh? Wonder if he would still get a game for Scotland?

Let's get McGregor anaw:greengrin - that'll be his Scotland career over too, Levein would surely draw the line at such an insult!

Septimus
20-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Is Davie Weir still at Ibrox? Don't suppose that we would get him if he is as he is probably still good enough for the Third Division.

IWasThere2016
20-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Name I've got is not Alexander, Whitty or Clubfoot..

3pm
20-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Healy or Little.

18Craig75
20-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm sure this is the same template interview we've had from Mixu, Yogi and CC in recent times? I'd rather hear about how we've signed Mcpake, not about how good a player and guy he is, we know that already...

frazeHFC
20-06-2012, 07:28 AM

Grant Adam? :dunno:

Thecat23
20-06-2012, 07:43 AM

I can see everyone's point here. But guys come on, we're all hibs fans and many of us are not happy at the way the club is run, but some are. We should be respecting others opinions whether we agree or not. having digs at each other is petty and makes everyone look a bit silly. This forum is to talk about Hibs agree/disagree that's what makes it interesting. So lets move on from the sly comments and get back to debating the Hibs. :agree:

EskbankHibby
20-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Just watched the whole interview, enjoyed it. All we can do is give Pat the time he needs to be a success.

Can't wait for the football to start again, this bickering is tiresome.

stantonhibby
20-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Must be Lee Wallace then !

Aldo
20-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Must be Lee Wallace then !

Lee mcculloch!

brog
20-06-2012, 08:23 AM

I read it in exactly the opposite way. Couldn't see why PF would go out his way to identify JM as man we need if he didn't think we had a reasonable chance of getting him!
PS, very sorry my post is actually about the thread title! :wink:

BEEJ
20-06-2012, 08:29 AM

:agree: This post sums it up for me. :top marks

As for the interview, this first part doesn't really tell us very much. Except that we should not expect any announcements on new additions soon.

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I can see everyone's point here. But guys come on, we're all hibs fans and many of us are not happy at the way the club is run, but some are. We should be respecting others opinions whether we agree or not. having digs at each other is petty and makes everyone look a bit silly. This forum is to talk about Hibs agree/disagree that's what makes it interesting. So lets move on from the sly comments and get back to debating the Hibs. :agree:

It's over as far as I'm concerned but I'd like to echo your words ( respect other people's opinions ) far too much petty lips on this forum when you say something negative regards the club.

1. The very old and boring you must be a Jambo. FFS!

This statement is the lowest of the low and should be followed by a warning.

2. The Padantic among you who no doubt never kipped school as much as I did, who resort to pulling you up in poor grammer. Pmsl

Again, not a nice thing to be humiliated for, just because you have a different opinion on the football club we all love.

This should be an instant warning, as it can lead to further nastiness.

Take note admin, nip it in the bud.

HNA6
20-06-2012, 08:44 AM
It's over as far as I'm concerned but I'd like to echo your words ( respect other people's opinions ) far too much petty lips on this forum when you say something negative regards the club.

2. The Padantic among you who no doubt never kipped school as much as I did, who resort to pulling you up in poor grammer. Pmsl

Again, not a nice thing to be humiliated for, just because you have a different opinion on the football club we all love.

Take note admin, nip it in the bud.Its over but you cared to start another post ..!!! ..give it a rest, its getting boring now ..

marinello59
20-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Why don't you offer your services and run the site as you see fit?

J-C
20-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Love the fact that you want admin to nip this in the bud, yet you were the one who argued with anyone that disagreed with your views on the subject and added to this thread for about 4 boring as hell pages. Oh by the way it's PEDANTIC, simple spell check prior to posting won't make you come over as a complete knob in future.

JimBHibees
20-06-2012, 09:05 AM

I thought the opposite the fact that he was speaking about him alot would mean to me he is still very much in his thought and IMO we will sign him.

J-C
20-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I thought the opposite the fact that he was speaking about him alot would mean to me he is still very much in his thought and IMO we will sign him.

He kept going on about players in his mould, older, solid, good professional etc

As someone said in another thread, most contracted players cannot be legally signed till July 1st, only free agents and current players can be signed at this moment in time, official signing day is July 1st.

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Love the fact that you want admin to nip this in the bud, yet you were the one who argued with anyone that disagreed with your views on the subject and added to this thread for about 4 boring as hell pages. Oh by the way it's PEDANTIC, simple spell check prior to posting won't make you come over as a complete knob in future.

http://www.monkeyboobies.com/gallery/d/36-2/pedantic.png

half.time.draw.
20-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Not far wrong except the missing yam fud bit!

Andy74
20-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Let's just leave it eh!!

So it's fine to be consistently critical but not to be consistent if you disagree?

Seen that mentioned a few times that there is always a leap to defence. Surely that indicates there is even more attacking going on?

HNA12
20-06-2012, 09:57 AM

Can we leave this one alone now? Thanks.

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 10:19 AM

So it's a free for all now is it?

Admin, are those kinda comments allowed because my vocabulary in swear words is right up there with the best.

I've bitten my tongue, seems others are allowed to say as they please.

Benny Brazil
20-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Admin, are those kinda comments allowed because my vocabulary in swear words is right up there with the best.

Here's a suggestion - ignore it / them, don't reply and then we can get back to discussing Hibs and new players (or lack of).

edinburghhibee
20-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I can tell you right now that whitty will not be signing for hibs THIS Pre season, however him broony and thommo all have plans to come back at some stage of there playing career.

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Here's a suggestion - ignore it / them, don't reply and then we can get back to discussing Hibs and new players (or lack of).

It's a forum. I'll keep defending my opinion thank you very much for the advice anyway.

Just Alf
20-06-2012, 10:50 AM
CHILL!

:banghead:

You boys have been reading Kickboak too much, it`s rubbing off on you!,

:D

marinello59
20-06-2012, 10:54 AM

Look at the post made twenty minutes before this one asking for this to be dropped which you have totally ignored. . There have been digs coming in from various people including yourself. If you can't take what you are happy to dish out then perhaps a football forum isn't for you.

--------
20-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Clubfoot AND Bob Malcolm?????????????????? :faf:

Takes me back to the days of Ally Scott and Pat Caughey.

My, how we laughed when we first saw those two play in the green-and-white .... :boo hoo:

PS: FAO the OP - there in NO APOSTROPHE in a plural noun like "signings".

NOT EVEN ON THE INTERNET! :grr:

Kato
20-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Takes me back to the days of Ally Scott

Looked like a Nazi Max Wall without the comedy. I occasionally laughed though.

paul_hfc3
20-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Can not be bothered reading this whole thread. What is going on?? Thought this was about transfers and players, not an episode of Eastenders in Alan Sugars Boardroom. This thread has been hijacked. Complete farcical! Blame Admin. SpamHeid must go! (Joking don't ban me spamheid:wink:)

Anyway those wanting to buy players NOW NOW NOW, its stupid imo. These things is like a song and dance with the agents you have to go through. Its not laziness or Petrie being tight. Agents are the ones holding the cards here, no us. Just wait, trust in Paddy :flag:

IWasThere2016
20-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Lee mcculloch!

:cb

--------
20-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Looked like a Nazi Max Wall without the comedy. I occasionally laughed though.

Moved like Max Wall as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6N1bgar8A&feature=related

Only not as graceful.

Lang Toun Hibs
20-06-2012, 02:50 PM
He kept going on about players in his mould, older, solid, good professional etc

As someone said in another thread, most contracted players cannot be legally signed till July 1st, only free agents and current players can be signed at this moment in time, official signing day is July 1st.

Bit off topic this...oh no, wait my misstook!

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Look at the post made twenty minutes before this one asking for this to be dropped which you have totally ignored. . There have been digs coming in from various people including yourself. If you can't take what you are happy to dish out then perhaps a football forum isn't for you.

Na I've no ignored anything pal, careful consideration is given before I respond to each every post . Including yours.

Now drop it ; )

Just Alf
20-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Sigh

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Right has everyone quite finished ??

On a more positive note, Neil Alexander is supposedly in talks with us.

That might cheer me up into a more positive outlook regards our wonderful club. If true! ; )

Lang Toun Hibs
20-06-2012, 03:05 PM

That might cheer me up into a more positive outlook regards our wonderful club. If true! ; )

That's the spirit!

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Personally I am fine with the lack of announcements regarding signings at this moment in time. For the launch of the home kit though I would like to see a a couple of new players unveiled or else I will be hitting the panic button. It is a huge rebuilding job, and it is not like it can be done in a rush at the last minute either, it will need to be a prolonged and concerted effort from the club to at least stabilise the team for next season instead of a continued downward spiral.

Wilson
20-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't want to see the manager giving the usual 'we want quality over quantity' quote. We say that every season and usually end up with neither.

I want to see quality brought in in quantity - it is necessary for a club which has lost so many players and was found severely lacking - all over the park - last season.

Just Alf
20-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Fingers crossed it's true, he'd defo be a plus!

Billy
20-06-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cznvaavDJ5g

Littlest Hobo
20-06-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cznvaavDJ5g

That tops bowfin by the way, I hope it's no the new home top ; )

Speedway
20-06-2012, 04:09 PM
That tops bowfin by the way, I hope it's no the new home top ; )

I dunno, makes a good change from those colours we always get beat wearing.

Beefster
20-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I've had little comfort from what Fenlon's said so far....

"We want experienced players but it's difficult..."

"We are talking to some players about staying but it's difficult..."

"We have some good players at this club..."

"Yup, money's tight but we have to deal with it..."

Expectation management in action.

Andy74
20-06-2012, 05:39 PM

We can all see the interview - what's the point in being so selectively negative?

He's right about this club being soft top to bottom and talking itself down. The fans play their part in that.

matty_f
20-06-2012, 05:45 PM
He also said that now, more than ever, the club needs the fans to back it. This in the context of the interview meant both in financial and remaining 'on-side' terms, IMHO.

MUPPET
20-06-2012, 05:49 PM

You missed out the fact that we have been short changed for years and watched absolute *****!

ancient hibee
20-06-2012, 06:14 PM
You missed out the fact that we have been short changed for years and watched absolute *****!

How many other clubs have won a trophy in the last 5 years?

Ray_
20-06-2012, 06:52 PM

All that illustrates is just how quickly our deterioration was!

Thecat23
20-06-2012, 06:57 PM
would you be happy if this player signed ?

Personally I would yeah.

Beefster
20-06-2012, 07:07 PM
We can all see the interview - what's the point in being so selectively negative?

He's right about this club being soft top to bottom and talking itself down. The fans play their part in that.

I was pointing out the bits that concern me and that I've heard every window for who knows how long. I'm fed up hearing the same pish over and over and over from a succession of different managers - it's almost like someone is scripting this stuff for them.

As for the 'soft' rubbish, considering I was one of the few on here trying to get some folk to grow a set and have some confidence pre-cup final, I'm well aware of the fans' role. I think that that applies more to games though rather than having a grumble about the club's actions during the close season.

JimBHibees
20-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Think he comes over well and very happy he is our manager at this time and just hope he gets the breaks that we need and get a strong start to the season.

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I was pointing out the bits that concern me and that I've heard every window for who knows how long. I'm fed up hearing the same pish over and over and over from a succession of different managers - it's almost like someone is scripting this stuff for them.

As for the 'soft' rubbish, considering I was one of the few on here trying to get some folk to grow a set and have some confidence pre-cup final, I'm well aware of the fans' role. I think that that applies more to games though rather than having a grumble about the club's actions during the close season.

Totally agree, but every manager outside the OF spouts the same stuff, and even the Yams, after years of delusion, are at it. I'd prefer it if they just said nothing.

Eyrie
20-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Totally agree, but every manager outside the OF spouts the same stuff, and even the Yams, after years of delusion, are at it. I'd prefer it if they just said nothing.

Both the club and the manager would be pilloried if they said nothing.

MSK
20-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Both the club and the manager would be pilloried if they said nothing.Damned if they do ..damned if they dont on here ..:agree:

Tyler Durden
20-06-2012, 07:57 PM

You may love Pat and take comfort in his latest comments but the rest of us aren't obliged to share your optimism.

When you look at the size of the rebuilding job a lot of people won't find it acceptable that Hibs appear to be following the same recruitment methods that have failed for the last 2-3 years. We've every reason to doubt Hibs as a club.

That's the reality, it's not about talking Hibs down.

Just Alf
20-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Both the club and the manager would be pilloried if they said nothing.

Aye was thinking similar :-/

BEEJ
20-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I thought the interesting bit in Part 2 was about the continuing discussions with a couple of existing players now at the end of their contract with a view to them staying.

That's two from:

Garry O'Connor
Mark Brown

Callum Antell
Scott Smith
Lewis Horner

with the first two names actually mentioned in this context in the interview. (In fact I think Antell may already have been awarded a new contract but it's just not been officially announced yet.)

It has been commonly assumed on here that Garry O'Connor has left the club. But that has not yet been officially announced and this may confirm why.

S4uzee
20-06-2012, 10:00 PM

Correct. I believe in Fenlon, it makes a change from last summer when calderwood was disinterested and didn't even want to be here!

Eyrie
20-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't think O'Connor can stay if Fenlon is serious about shaking up the dressing room culture. Besides, he's still to be sentenced for the cocaine.

The Green Goblin
21-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Personally I would yeah.

Why don't you just say who it is?

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:34 AM

Because if he told you that we were talking to the ex-Motherwell and Wigan forward who has increasingly moved to left midfield he might be accused of Leeding you on.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Because if he told you that we were talking to the ex-Motherwell and Wigan forward who has increasingly moved to left midfield he might be accused of Leeding you on.

The same one who has just been saying he will be playing for Rangers no matter what division they are in?

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:46 AM
The same one who has just been saying he will be playing for Rangers no matter what division they are in?

The very fella.

ahibby
21-06-2012, 11:01 AM

How many other clubs Hibs size have been involved in a relegation battle in the last five years?

By the way I am happy to wait until the last day of the window to hear about signings. I'd be happier to hear about good signings before that when they happen please............. santa.

ancient hibee
21-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Aberdeen?

JustSimplyHibs
21-06-2012, 11:18 AM
All that illustrates is just how quickly our deterioration was!

However our current manager has entered into one cup competition, reached a final and was close to securing a European place, he knows to become a force there must be harmonoy between supporter and club. The board have backed a 'Lets work together' supporters iniative, as long as it is of the benefit to the club, gains support and is on-going, hopefully the feel good factor will come back.

Famous5forever
21-06-2012, 11:23 AM

Petrie and the words moneys tight kinda sums the man up.

MSK
21-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Petrie and the words moneys tight kinda sums the man up.Aw change the record ffs !!!! :blah:

Thecat23
21-06-2012, 11:28 AM

What and if it goes wrong or falls through I get the usual gash saying it was rubbish? I know this guy has spoken to Hibs and I'm not sure what will happen now.

.Sean.
21-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't think O'Connor can stay if Fenlon is serious about shaking up the dressing room culture. Besides, he's still to be sentenced for the cocaine.

I have it on pretty good authority drink or drugs wasn't the issue with O'Connor last season. Going out and drinking after the Cup Final was of course both idiotic and inexcusable but it was the first time in months he'd been drinking. He was also tested throughout the season by the club for drugs. Nor was he allowed to attend events with fellow players where there was a chance he could get up to no good and he accepted that no problem.

I reckon he'll get a slap on the wrist over the drugs and with no fraud charge looming over him and a full pre-season to get back in shape, I'd offer him another one-year deal which I think he'd accept.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Petrie and the words moneys tight kinda sums the man up.

You should have said before now.

Captain Trips
21-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I think we need 8+ new players all better than what we had, I am still concerned about some who are here for next season also.

The players signed will really need to be for longer than 6,12-18mths. The short term stuff has left us in a sorry state.

I think the way the club has been run in terms of getting in managers and the contracts we have been giving out has left us in a extremely difficult position and one I do not think PF has the papers for.

Although not PFs fault as such he is tasked with a total rebuild and that is hard enough as no manger really will identify 8 players who all work out. IMO Hibs yet again regardless of any rallying calls etc are in real trouble. I do not wish to hear anymore about in this together and fans, since 2007 the best thing I have really seen from anything connected with Hibs was the stands at Hampden from 14:00 -15:00 on 19th of May. If that couldnt get you playing then you should get out the game.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree that we need about 7/8 players to build us into a competitive team but i dont think all of that is going to be done in 1 window, IMO its going to take another 1 or 2 windows to be where we would like. its going to be a work in progress again this season. Though i am hoping for a more comfertable one than last.

brog
21-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Even with you already having lost your own bet :wink: I believe your amended statement will be wrong also. I would be astonished if we haven't announced more than one signing in the next 10 days - that's July 1 & the day after most 2011/2012 contracts expire.

--------
21-06-2012, 01:05 PM

What's the alternative?

Gushing Pollyanna "always look on the bright side"? "It's a bit disappointing that someone gave you a pair of crutches for your birthday, but look on the bright side - you don't need them - you can walk without them!"

The club's in a truly dreadful state right now. This is the result of a steady decline over the past five years - a decline presided over by STF and RP and the board members, managers, and coaching staff THEY appointed.

Every close season Hibs fans have been promised 'exciting' new players. What we got was the likes of O'Brien, De Graaf, Thornhill and Gatheussi. And two-three dozen more like them.

How many players have come to ER in the last five years? How many are still here? How many would we want to be still here?

How many managers? Since 2000 we've seen McLeish, Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Paatelainen, Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon in the hot seat, plus a couple of caretakers.

Once upon a time players signing for Hibs signed three- or four-year contracts. I can even remember players renewing their contracts - deciding to stay on when their contracts ended.

Now? We sign loanees and short-contract men - 18 months is about as much as they can stand at ER. And as soon as the contract's up - they're off, regardless of any soft soap about re-signing they may have been quoted as coming out with while they were here.

There is something seriously wrong at Easter Road, and it's BEEN seriously wrong for a long time now.

I go with Beefster here - that statement from the 'gaffer' reeks of expectation-management. It's the 'same-old, same-old' we've heard around this time for the last four years at least. It neither reassures me, nor convinces me.

I am NOT convinced that we won't see the same last-minute, bargain-basement, short-term, Band-Aid-on-the-cancer, everyone-else's-rejects lining up at ER for the start of next season.

I am NOT convinced that Pat Fenlon doesn't have to run every potential signing he lines up past STF and RP, or that THEY don't make decisions regarding such signings solely in the light of what the contract will do to the bottom line of the accounts at the next AGM.

I AM NOT CONVINCED THAT THE PEOPLE WHO OWN AND RUN HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE YET GOT THE MESSAGE THAT IF THEY DON'T WISE UP AND MAKE IT THEIR ABSOLUTE FIRST AND ONLY PRIORITY TO PUT A DECENT TEAM ON THE PITCH AT THE START OF NEXT SEASON, THIS CLUB WILL SIMPLY SINK FARTHER INTO THE ABYSS.

And I will say this, and continue to say this, until I am FULLY convinced that this situation has changed.

--------
21-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree that we need about 7/8 players to build us into a competitive team but i dont think all of that is going to be done in 1 window, IMO its going to take another 1 or 2 windows to be where we would like. its going to be a work in progress again this season. Though i am hoping for a more comfertable one than last.

Gatecrasher - sorry, mate, but we don't have 2 or 3 windows to sort this out. We have to do it NOW, or we're going down to the First Division.

We need decisive action from the owner and board NOW, and sadly I see little or no sign of that happening as yet.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2012, 01:16 PM
What's the alternative?

Gushing Pollyanna "always look on the bright side"? "It's a bit disappointing that someone gave you a pair of crutches for your birthday, but look on the bright side - you don't need them - you can walk without them!"

The club's in a truly dreadful state right now. This is the result of a steady decline over the past five years - a decline presided over by STF and RP and the board members, managers, and coaching staff THEY appointed.

Every close season Hibs fans have been promised 'exciting' new players. What we got was the likes of O'Brien, De Graaf, Thornhill and Gatheussi. And two-three dozen more like them.

How many players have come to ER in the last five years? How many are still here? How many would we want to be still here?

How many managers? Since 2000 we've seen McLeish, Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Paatelainen, Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon in the hot seat, plus a couple of caretakers.

Once upon a time players signing for Hibs signed three- or four-year contracts. I can even remember players renewing their contracts - deciding to stay on when their contracts ended.

Now? We sign loanees and short-contract men - 18 months is about as much as they can stand at ER. And as soon as the contract's up - they're off, regardless of any soft soap about re-signing they may have been quoted as coming out with while they were here.

There is something seriously wrong at Easter Road, and it's BEEN seriously wrong for a long time now.

I go with Beefster here - that statement from the 'gaffer' reeks of expectation-management. It's the 'same-old, same-old' we've heard around this time for the last four years at least. It neither reassures me, nor convinces me.

I am NOT convinced that we won't see the same last-minute, bargain-basement, short-term, Band-Aid-on-the-cancer, everyone-else's-rejects lining up at ER for the start of next season.

I am NOT convinced that Pat Fenlon doesn't have to run every potential signing he lines up past STF and RP, or that THEY don't make decisions regarding such signings solely in the light of what the contract will do to the bottom line of the accounts at the next AGM.

I AM NOT CONVINCED THAT THE PEOPLE WHO OWN AND RUN HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE YET GOT THE MESSAGE THAT IF THEY DON'T WISE UP AND MAKE IT THEIR ABSOLUTE FIRSTANDONLYPRIORITY TO PUT A DECENT TEAM ON THE PITCH AT THE START OF NEXT SEASON, THIS CLUB WILL SIMPLY SINK FARTHER INTO THE ABYSS.

And I will say this, and continue to say this, until I am FULLY convinced that this situation has changed.

I agree Doddie, we are in a hell of a state as we stand after looking so good only 5 years ago. This is the biggest rebuilding job i have witnessed ever, and Fenlon said he just has to get it right. I'm still to be convinced he can, for a number of reasons, but he is right, he must get it right or we are donald ducked imo.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 01:22 PM
What's the alternative?

I AM NOT CONVINCED THAT THE PEOPLE WHO OWN AND RUN HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE YET GOT THE MESSAGE THAT IF THEY DON'T WISE UP AND MAKE IT THEIR ABSOLUTE FIRSTANDONLYPRIORITY TO PUT A DECENT TEAM ON THE PITCH AT THE START OF NEXT SEASON, THIS CLUB WILL SIMPLY SINK FARTHER INTO THE ABYSS.

Does it matter what previous managers have said? They all made bad choices.

Pat should be given the benefit to carry through what he is talking about - previous managers haven't really talked so clearly about the type of characters they need.

however, the point is that Pat didn't actually say the things quoted above in the context shown .

I just wonder what people think will change round here while so many go out their way to ensure we are all miserable and being fed the most negative slant on anyhting.

The interviews could be seen as an opportunity for a fresh start with new ideas and with it an appreciation of what needs to be done.

I also don't think your summary of how recent transfers have worked is in any way accurate either.

Famous5forever
21-06-2012, 01:49 PM
What's the alternative?

Yes i agree its as if we started going into a tailspin after JC Left and its now almost out of control we keep repeating the same moves appointing the wrong managers bringing in last min loanees at the last min as panic appointments and these players are not motivated or interested in playing for the jersey.
Unless things change its going to be more downhill we need a complete root and branch clear out of all the dross 8 to 10 quality players brought in ASAP who will play with passion and this means serious investment on the product ON THE PITCH.
A Repeat of the same moves will not improve the team and we will get off to a bad start will Paddy get over the hurdle of the next AGM ? Well he better watch his back because the last 2 incumbents did not.
We need to get back to winning and winning in style the way Moga had us playing the last 2 seasons have been torture and another season like that must be avoided.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Gatecrasher - sorry, mate, but we don't have 2 or 3 windows to sort this out. We have to do it NOW, or we're going down to the First Division.

We need decisive action from the owner and board NOW, and sadly I see little or no sign of that happening as yet.
I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, I agree there are problems with quality of player that need to be fixed now but very few managers with the resources we have can just purchase a good team in 1 window then expect us to be a top team in the league. I'm definitely expecting improvement but i think we need to be realistic with the amount of work fenlon has this summer.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes i agree its as if we started going into a tailspin after JC Left and its now almost out of control we keep repeating the same moves appointing the wrong managers bringing in last min loanees at the last min as panic appointments and these players are not motivated or interested in playing for the jersey.
Unless things change its going to be more downhill we need a complete root and branch clear out of all the dross 8 to 10 quality players brought in ASAP who will play with passion and this means serious investment on the product ON THE PITCH.
A Repeat of the same moves will not improve the team and we will get off to a bad start will Paddy get over the hurdle of the next AGM ? Well he better watch his back because the last 2 incumbents did not.
We need to get back to winning and winning in style the way Moga had us playing the last 2 seasons have been torture and another season like that must be avoided.

Can you talk us through how we approached tranfers under Mowbray then that is different to now?

Was it the process or the judgemet and ability of the manager?

Aldo
21-06-2012, 02:08 PM
We have been on the downward spiral since the cup win in 2007 IMHO. Instead of kicking on we have taken backward steps.

If the Clancy signing is correct then that's a start. For me a keeper and McPake are the next priority.

Build from the back... If the reports of Kyle are correct then if he is fit (and can prove this) then we should take him on board. A guy that can bully CH's and hold the ball up is what we've been missing.

I don't care who they've played for as long as they come in and do a job for us... Show commitment and play for the team.

Let's get over this.... They've played for them, he's from the lower leagues and he's crap....it's about building a TEAM.

In PF I trust.

O and FWIW I am not expecting miracles straight away but looking for improvement on last season (which won't be hard)

Famous5forever
21-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Can you talk us through how we approached tranfers under Mowbray then that is different to now?

Was it the process or the judgemet and ability of the manager?

Mowbray never brought in 6 or 7 players on loan in the last few days of the window which is what has been happening in the last 2 or 3 windows then come the next window most of them leave then the circle starts again we need to change this patern it does not work.

Thecat23
21-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Its no shock Hibs have one of the highest turnover of players in the past 5 years if not the highest. Poor management choices and poor targets. Even players who were meant to be decent turned out gash. Was it because these players knew they weren't signing for long? I'd like to see a back bone keeper/defender/midfielder/forward, all singed up on a 3 year deal. Not some cheap option, just go out and bloody get the players we need to build a team round. Believe me it will be worth it because this league is already on it's backside and 2nd place looks up for grabs now. Good side = fans coming back = More cash for Petrie. makes perfect sense.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Mowbray never brought in 6 or 7 players on loan in the last few days of the window which is what has been happening in the last 2 or 3 windows then come the next window most of them leave then the circle starts again we need to change this patern it does not work.

Can you point out the occassions please where 6 or 7 players have been signed on loan in the last days of windows?

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Can you point out the occassions please where 6 or 7 players have been signed on loan in the last days of windows?

It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true
It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true It is true

We say it often enough it will become true. You know it is the .net way. :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
21-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Fenlon was at Tolka Park tonight watching Shelbourne v Shamrock....

Eyrie
21-06-2012, 10:24 PM

Any players catch the eye?

frazeHFC
21-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Please no!

Aldo
21-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Please no!

Why not.. Experienced ex international who would (for me anyway) would add experience and a winning mentality to our team.

This is my opinion mind you.

IWasThere2016
22-06-2012, 05:41 AM
What's the alternative?

Well said, Doddie.

ahibby
22-06-2012, 08:05 AM
I too have thought that there has been something wrong with the football side of things at Hibs for a few seasons now and predicted the relegation battle we had a couple of seasons prior to it happening. I don't think Hibs have fixed all the problems we have had and I don't know whether PF can be a success with the people who have failed in football terms still being at the club. I hope so and would give PF every chance to show he can succeed in the face of adversity. That's why i bought my st this season as soon as they were available. I am concerned that there are still people at the club pulling strings who must take responsibility for our downwards trend since when ever however, I hope they can improve and learn by their mistakes. I am not going to repeat what I think about BB and SL as some of you know already. I've heard that PF is a yes man but I don't know what else anyone in his shoes could be; I mean if you don't go along with the chairman and executives then you fall on your sword, don't you? I wish the netters would try and look on this as a chance for a fresh start and just wait and see whether things improve rather than convince themselves so soon that they won't. I hope for improvement and by that I mean if we finish mid table this season and push on from that next, then I'll be a happy teddy bear(and there aren't many of them around these days).

Wilson
22-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Any players catch the eye?

A keeper tried but fumbled it.

Andy74
22-06-2012, 08:13 AM

Is Gary Twigg still kicking about?

Emerald
22-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Here we go..........:rolleyes:. If he starts filling the club with LOI players we are back to the Duff Jimmy days. Yes there are a few gems there but it worries me that this is where his comfort zone is and contacts are.

Andy74
22-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Here we go..........:rolleyes:. If he starts filling the club with LOI players we are back to the Duff Jimmy days. Yes there are a few gems there but it worries me that this is where his comfort zone is and contacts are.

As evidenced of course by one of his eight or nine signings so far being from the LoI!

Emerald
22-06-2012, 08:29 AM
As evidenced of course by one of his eight or nine signings so far being from the LoI!

I said if he STARTS to. Its where he knows the ropes, just like Duff Jimmy with his signings from from Div One, where we ended up.

--------
22-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I think we need 8+ new players all better than what we had, I am still concerned about some who are here for next season also.

The players signed will really need to be for longer than 6,12-18mths. The short term stuff has left us in a sorry state.

I think the way the club has been run in terms of getting in managers and the contracts we have been giving out has left us in a extremely difficult position and one I do not think PF has the papers for.

Although not PFs fault as such he is tasked with a total rebuild and that is hard enough as no manger really will identify 8 players who all work out. IMO Hibs yet again regardless of any rallying calls etc are in real trouble. I do not wish to hear anymore about in this together and fans, since 2007 the best thing I have really seen from anything connected with Hibs was the stands at Hampden from 14:00 -15:00 on 19th of May. If that couldnt get you playing then you should get out the game.

:top marks

Does it matter what previous managers have said? They all made bad choices.

Pat should be given the benefit to carry through what he is talking about - previous managers haven't really talked so clearly about the type of characters they need.

however, the point is that Pat didn't actually say the things quoted above in the context shown .

I just wonder what people think will change round here while so many go out their way to ensure we are all miserable and being fed the most negative slant on anyhting.

The interviews could be seen as an opportunity for a fresh start with new ideas and with it an appreciation of what needs to be done.

I also don't think your summary of how recent transfers have worked is in any way accurate either.

Andy, you are sounding more and more like the frog in the saucepan. The water's getting hotter and hotter, but you're determined to insist that there's no real problem, things are just pleasantly warm, there's no chance at all that the water'll reach boiling point, why's anyone complaining and would we all just shut up so that you can enjoy your hot tub?

My concern isn't primarily with previous managers. My concern is with the men who appointed them, one after the other after the other as the team entered into and continued a slow slide down the table, as the football on display got worse and worse, as each successive manager "cleared out the dead wood" and brought in "his own men" to "turn things around" and "get us climbing the table again".

Guess what? We HAVE to stop the slide down the table NOW, or we're back in the First Division this time next year.

We HAVE no more wiggle room.

Pat Fenlon at least seems to understand that. However, as I keep saying, my concern isn't with him - it's with the men who appointed him and whose responsibility it is to back him, within reason, with the resources he needs to do the job he came to do.

Please explain to me where I misrepresented the state of the playing-staff last season? The first team wasn't made up of loanees, short-contract men, and youngsters? Who at ER right now - apart from a couple of the younger players - will still be at ER next season? Claros leaves in December. Kujabi and Osbourne leave in the summer. We have no signed senior goalkeeper. The young players we were encouraged to look to for the future of the club have, with the exception of Paul Hanlon, David Wotherspoon, Callum Booth and Lewis Stevenson, signally failed to materialise. And neither David Wotherspoon nor Callum Booth had what I would call a successful season last year.

When did a senior professional last sign for us on a contract longer than 18 months to 2 years? Where does the backbone of the team come from - the senior pros who have a stake in keeping the team in the SPL and taking us up the table? Rather than taking their wages and moving on regardless of results achieved?

Do you think I post like this because I enjoy it? Maybe I was glad we were stuffed stupid at Hampden? Maybe I welcomed the opportunity to get stuck into STF and RP all over again, rather than celebrating a long-overdue Cup win? Come to think of it, if we'd won the Cup, I'd have been absolutely devastated? I'd have had to cheer up?

According to you, we mustn't criticise, mustn't ask questions, mustn't rock the boat. It was people saying THAT who allowed David Duff and Jim Gray to take the club to the verge of extinction just over 20 years ago.

And there were those who were adamant that we shouldn't be questioning Hart and Turnbull as they prematurely dismantled the best Hibs team I've been privileged to see. And of course we weren't in financial trouble - something to do with a certain £140,000 transfer fee, IIRC - or at least we weren't until Tom Hart popped his clogs and the ordure met the air-conditioning unit ....

And the guys who were untroubled by Joe Baker being transferred to Torino for asking for an extra £5 in his wage packet. Joe wasn't really THAT good, they said. We'd sign someone just as good for a fraction of the Torino fee, they said. We had brother Gerry, they said. We had Stan Vincent, they said. Joe was greedy, they said.

It was all bollocks then, and it's all bollocks now.

I long to see Hibs on an even keel, going well, fighting their weight. The last time I recall such a thing within the bounds of prudent financial practice was when Tony Mowbray was manager; the previous time was when the much-maligned Alex Miller was in charge.

All I ask is a team that's trying, a team that can play decent football, and a wee bit excitement every now and again.

Not year after year of a slow, agonising decline with you telling us the ship's unsinkable and leading us all in choruses of "Nearer My God To Thee" as she slips beneath the waves.

Andy74
22-06-2012, 10:12 AM
:top marks

Andy, you are sounding more and more like the frog in the saucepan. The water's getting hotter and hotter, but you're determined to insist that there's no real problem, things are just pleasantly warm, there's no chance at all that the water'll reach boiling point, why's anyone complaining and would we all just shut up so that you can enjoy your hot tub?

My concern isn't primarily with previous managers. My concern is with the men who appointed them, one after the other after the other as the team entered into and continued a slow slide down the table, as the football on display got worse and worse, as each successive manager "cleared out the dead wood" and brought in "his own men" to "turn things around" and "get us climbing the table again".

Guess what? We HAVE to stop the slide down the table NOW, or we're back in the First Division this time next year.

We HAVE no more wiggle room.

Pat Fenlon at least seems to understand that. However, as I keep saying, my concern isn't with him - it's with the men who appointed him and whose responsibility it is to back him, within reason, with the resources he needs to do the job he came to do.

Please explain to me where I misrepresented the state of the playing-staff last season? The first team wasn't made up of loanees, short-contract men, and youngsters? Who at ER right now - apart from a couple of the younger players - will still be at ER next season? Claros leaves in December. Kujabi and Osbourne leave in the summer. We have no signed senior goalkeeper. The young players we were encouraged to look to for the future of the club have, with the exception of Paul Hanlon, David Wotherspoon, Callum Booth and Lewis Stevenson, signally failed to materialise. And neither David Wotherspoon nor Callum Booth had what I woiuld call a successful season last year.

When did a senior professional last sign for us on a contract longer than 18 months to 2 years? Where does the backbone of the team come from - the senior pros who have a stake in keeping the team in the SPL and taking us up the table? Rather than taking their wages and moving on regardless of results achieved?

Do you think I post like this because I enjoy it? Maybe I was glad we were stuffed stupid at Hampden? Maybe I welcomed the opportunity to get stuck into STF and RP all over again, rather than celebrating a long-overdue Cup win? Come to think of it, if we'd won the Cup, I'd have been absolutely devastated? I'd have had to cheer up?

According to you, we mustn't criticise, mustn't ask questions, mustn't rock the boat. It was people saying THAT who allowed David Duff and Jim Gray to take the club to the verge of extinction just over 20 years ago.

And there were those who were adamant that we shouldn't be questioning Hart and Turnbull as they prematurely dismantled the best Hibs team I've been privileged to see. And of course we weren't in financial trouble - something to do with a certain £140,000 transfer fee, IIRC - or at least we weren't until Tom Hart popped his clogs and the ordure met the air-conditioning unit ....

And the guys who were untroubled by Joe Baker being transferred to Torino for asking for an extra £5 in his wage packet. Joe wasn't really THAT good, they said. We'd sign someone just as good for a fraction of the Torino fee, they said. We had brother Gerry, they said. We had Stan Vincent, they said. Joe was greedy, they said.

It was all bollocks then, and it's all bollocks now.

I long to see Hibs on an even keel, going well, fighting their weight. The last time I recall such a thing within the bounds of prudent financial practice was when Tony Mowbray was manager; the previous time was when the much-maligned Alex Miller was in charge.

All I ask is a team that's trying, a team that can play decent football, and a wee bit excitement every now and again.

Not year after year of a slow, agonising decline with you telling us the ship's unsinkable and leading us all in choruses of "Nearer My God To Thee" as she slips beneath the waves.

Yes, criticise but make some of it accurate and aimed at the right people!

When have I ever said people shouldn't question or criticise?

You are still talking aboout people who have no dealings with the footballing side of the club and laying the balme at their door. We got here due to bad decisions by managers, and yes, the people that decided to put them there.

We currently aren't sliding down a table, we are level with the others and we have an opportunity to put it right and get the right people into the club.

What you and others are continually doing is looking at bad choices previous mangers have made and telling us all day in and day out that it will happen again.

Have you even commneted on the positive signing made yestrday for example?

--------
22-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes, criticise but make some of it accurate and aimed at the right people!

When have I ever said people shouldn't question or criticise?

You are still talking aboout people who have no dealings with the footballing side of the club and laying the balme at their door. We got here due to bad decisions by managers, and yes, the people that decided to put them there.

We currently aren't sliding down a table, we are level with the others and we have an opportunity to put it right and get the right people into the club.

What you and others are continually doing is looking at bad choices previous mangers have made and telling us all day in and day out that it will happen again.

Have you even commneted on the positive signing made yestrday for example?

Detail the inaccuracies in that post, Andy.

Explain how people who work for a football club can do so without having dealings in some way or another with the footballing side of that club - the whole point of everything that goes on at a football club is to put a decent team on the pitch. Nothing else.

"We currently aren't sliding down a table, we are level with the others and we have an opportunity to put it right and get the right people into te club." That's sophistry. We're only level with all the other teams right now because we're in the close season, and this right now we have exactly HOW MANY signed senior professional players on our books? By that I mean players with more than half-a-dozen games in the first team under their belts. It's dead easy to be level with everyone else when no games are being played.

And no, I am NOT banging on about past managers and the decisions THEY made - I'm expressing a perfectly legitimate concern about the people at the top of the club who appointed those managers, the same people who make decisions about budgets and wage-structures and how budgets should be spent and how wage-structures should operate.

The "people who have no dealings with the footballing side of the club" - whom I'm supposedly blaming unfairly for the mess the club is in - are the same people who appointed the managers who you concede made bad decisions. The people who organise marketing, budgets, PR, ticket sales, stadium maintenance, whatever - who they are and what they do inevitably impimges on the football team. The club IS the football team.

And yes, I HAVE commented on Clancy's arrival - positively. You should know - you quoted and responded to it (agreeing with me). It's two posts from the end of the last page of the transfer rumours thread. But one swallow doesn't make a summer, and one signing won't make a team. You've said it yourself - we need around another 8 players - goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and strikers.

If you have no answer to what I'm saying, don't re-write it so and make it into something I'm NOT saying.

The Green Goblin
22-06-2012, 03:00 PM
What and if it goes wrong or falls through I get the usual gash saying it was rubbish? I know this guy has spoken to Hibs and I'm not sure what will happen now.

I wasn't having a go. But my question was, and is, genuine - why not just say that "-----" has spoken to Hibs but not sure how it will pan out? Why not just say the name?