PDA

View Full Version : NHC Steve Clarke - New West Brom Manager.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-06-2012, 08:02 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4381005/This-is-the-beginning-one-day-my-dream-is-Ill-be-manager-of-Scotland.html

I will watch this one with interest.

When touted for the Hibs job i was excited with this prospect and ambition with the board at the time, I was very disappointed in not getting him and seeing what he could have done.........

HH81
19-06-2012, 08:10 AM
I can see West Brom going down this season, will be a hard job keeping them up.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Big risk for West Brom imo.

Clarke has no managerial pedigree as his own man and West Brom is a tough first job at a very high level.

I think a big part of the excitement when we thought he was coming to Hibs was because some people had hyped it in their own minds that we were getting Mourinho by proxy.

James70
19-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Really hope he does well but he might just turn out to be another excellent assistant manager who doesn't have what it takes to be a good manager in his own right. He certainly has a hard act to follow and we will never know how close he came to getting the Hibs job or how he would have done if he had got it.

JimBHibees
19-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Big risk for West Brom imo.

Clarke has no managerial pedigree as his own man and West Brom is a tough first job at a very high level.

I think a big part of the excitement when we thought he was coming to Hibs was because some people had hyped it in their own minds that we were getting Mourinho by proxy.

Would tend to agree with that and think he is an excellent coach. Can remember going down to Liverpool and got an apartment overlooking Melwood and he was certainly taking the session which looked very good to me.

I hope he does do well however it will be a steep learning curve for him and he will need a trusted assistant.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Seems to be well thought of in the game down there. I don't think that either Southampton or West Ham will be relegated from the EPL next season so there will be tough days ahead for a lot of the teams in the lower half.

lyonhibs
19-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Would tend to agree with that and think he is an excellent coach. Can remember going down to Liverpool and got an apartment overlooking Melwood and he was certainly taking the session which looked very good to me.

I hope he does do well however it will be a steep learning curve for him and he will need a trusted assistant.

Tommy Craig? :dunno:

JimBHibees
20-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Tommy Craig? :dunno:

Nah a good one. :greengrin

ancient hibee
20-06-2012, 06:16 PM
It's pretty easy to be a good coach if you're at Liverpool or Chelsea-you've got good players.

Thecat23
20-06-2012, 07:04 PM
It's pretty easy to be a good coach if you're at Liverpool or Chelsea-you've got good players.

Tell that to "King Kenny" & AVB. :D

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Tell that to "King Kenny" & AVB. :D

Haha I was waiting, didn't take too long! :greengrin

lyonhibs
20-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Eh??? :confused: