PDA

View Full Version : If The Rangers start next season in Div 3, I will buy a season ticket. Definitely.

MCameron
13-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Only answer if you do not regularly attend matches at ER.

If the SPL reject entry of a newco Rangers to the SPL would you start attending ER on a regular basis (be honest as this has a direct impact on the income of our club).

VickMackie
13-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I go to about a quarter to a third of home games per season.

Mainly due to pricing and pish competition but if there was something to compete for it would be more interesting and the atmosphere would improve, making it more enjoyable.

HH81
13-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I live in yorkshire and have just baught a house, I would no doubt be up for around my usual 5-10 games.

Steve20
13-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I go to about a quarter to a third of home games per season.

Mainly due to pricing and pish competition but if there was something to compete for it would be more interesting and the atmosphere would improve, making it more enjoyable.

There wouldn't be though. The league isn't suddenly going to become competitive because Rangers are gone for three years. Celtic will stroll it for the forseeable future.

VickMackie
13-06-2012, 12:01 PM
There wouldn't be though. The league isn't suddenly going to become competitive because Rangers are gone for three years. Celtic will stroll it for the forseeable future.

I agree in the main. However, at the moment we're playing the OF for 24 points. Under a new set up we'd only be playing Celtic for 12 with a better chance against the **** or no **** at all. It closes that gap slightly.

Celtic may get complacent with reduced spending if they no longer need to compete with Rangers every year.

It would give us a better chance in cup as well.

calum.mcd
13-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't. I gave up my ST and stopped going years ago because I gradually became bored and disillusioned with it. I occassionally go now, mainly to big games, but just don't have the passion for it any more. I'll always be a Hibby but it would take huge changes in Scottish football generally before I'd ever be anything like a regular attendee again. I'd probably never go back near a football ground again if a newly formed team was admitted straight into the top division, it would confirm all my previous theories that the rest of us are here to serve the two Glasgow clubs and, to me, Scottish Football would lose all hope and credibility.

Matty_Jack04
13-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Id definatley go to more games I was actually wishing earlier this week that the whole saga was done with ages ago I would have got a season ticket (monthly payment)

Andy74
13-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't believe more would go on principle but perhaps in time if we were more competitive for top places as a result then crowds might go up. Celtic would still be here mind!

If both went then I think the gates for other games, which would then be meaningful more often, would go up a bit.

I still think most just want to go and see a Hibs team and to see them play well and win, regardless of who is in the league or not.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't. I gave up my ST and stopped going years ago because I gradually became bored and disillusioned with it. I occassionally go now, mainly to big games, but just don't have the passion for it any more. I'll always be a Hibby but it would take huge changes in Scottish football generally before I'd ever be anything like a regular attendee again. I'd probably never go back near a football ground again if a newly formed team was admitted straight into the top division, it would confirm all my previous theories that the rest of us are here to serve the two Glasgow clubs and, to me, Scottish Football would lose all hope and credibility.

That saved me a lot of typing!

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Simple and short from me. The reason I go to Easter Road is to see Hibs play and not because Rangers aren't playing.

Having no Rangers in the SPL wouldn't affect whether or not I go to Easter Road.

erin go bragh
13-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Simple and short from me. The reason I go to Easter Road is to see Hibs play and not because Rangers aren't playing.

Having no Rangers in the SPL wouldn't affect whether or not I go to Easter Road.
This :agree:

ggtth

joe breezy
14-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I can't become a regular without a massive pay rise so I could afford the 900 mile round trip so i had to vote now

If Hibs introduce a real membership scheme - not a dressed up free ticket that's available for a few weeks - I'd happily invest in that and any other contributions

Franck Stanton
14-06-2012, 05:57 PM

My feelings as well, would add however that whoever took their place in SPl wouldn't bring so many bigoted, knuckle-dragging, buckie-drinking ******s with them, -- so on that happy note my E/R experience would be enhanced on two further occassions.

Franck Stanton
14-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I can't become a regular without a massive pay rise so I could afford the 900 mile round trip so i had to vote now

If Hibs introduce a real membership scheme - not a dressed up free ticket that's available for a few weeks - I'd happily invest in that and any other contributions

And it's Hibs fault you stay so far away, how ?

stormchild
14-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I used to go to E.R every second week years ago. Always been and always will be a hibby but hated the vile hatred that comes from the old firm. When I became a family man I could not justify taking my kids to that bigoted vile atmosphere. If rangers were to cease to exist then I would attend more games. We need to increase the income of hibs to mount a serious challenge to our sh** neighbours.
In short yes I would attend more games.

lyonhibs
14-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Slightly obtuse question in the OP. Hibs will see more regular attendees at ER will Hibs regularly play decent football. It's got fanny all to do with Rangers.

Niffy
14-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Only if BOTH the old firm were gone.

I had someone in my shop today that was actually crying when we got talking about football & the problems with Rangers (they were Huns) and when I said welcome to the real world , what it's always been like for every other club they replied "no son , it's different for us"

Nae wonder folk hate them. In fact they mentioned that "I can't believe the hatred folk have against us now".

Blind or what ?????

jabis
14-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I used to go to E.R every second week years ago. Always been and always will be a hibby but hated the vile hatred that comes from the old firm. When I became a family man I could not justify taking my kids to that bigoted vile atmosphere. If rangers were to cease to exist then I would attend more games. We need to increase the income of hibs to mount a serious challenge to our sh** neighbours.
In short yes I would attend more games.

nae kids,but "me too" (copyright Peevmor):wink:

jabis
14-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Only if BOTH the old firm were gone.

I had someone in my shop today that was actually crying when we got talking about football & the problems with Rangers (they were Huns) and when I said welcome to the real world , what it's always been like for every other club they replied "no son , it's different for us"

Nae wonder folk hate them. In fact they mentioned that "I can't believe the hatred folk have against us now".

Blind or what ?????

get you mobile phone out next time.......film it and give us a laugh.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't live in Edinburgh so, unless I move back, rangers newco being allowed back in won't make any difference. At the moment, I only make it to a few games a year.

Although, if rangers were allowed back in, I would boycott the rangers games if they coincided with a visit home.

Ryan91
14-06-2012, 09:55 PM
If Rangers aren't let back in, in the short term, it's highly likely that Celtic will walk away with the title, for a couple of seasons at least, but we can be safe in the knowledge that it would be all change at the SPL. Only a half of OF teams on SPL board means that the clubs would likely change a number of things with regards to distribution of money (e.g. no more 50% of prize money to top 2 teams, equal distribution of money made from TV deal etc.) and a change in the voting structure on major issues from 11-1 to something more appropriate (e.g. 8-4).

Hibbyradge
18-06-2012, 08:09 PM
There, I said it.

My faith in our national sport, which is currently at a lifetime low, will have been significantly restored.

Until last year, I had a season ticket for 20 odd years, but I had no intention of buying another one this season.

I would have gone to half a dozen games or so, more if we were playing well, and if things continued to improve, no doubt I'd be an ever present again in the future.

The Rangers scandal has changed all that for me.

If they are allowed in to the top league before all the other clubs who want admission to the lowest league, I will NEVER be back.

If the SPL does the right thing, then it deserves my support.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Ditto

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I have mine, but it wont get used if they are in the SPL.

lapsedhibee
18-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Are they definitely eligible for election to Div 3? :dunno:

KdyHby
18-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Ditto to OP

jgl07
18-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I have mine, but it wont get used if they are in the SPL.

Same here.

If I hadn't bought one already I would have purchased on 'Independence Day'.

joe breezy
18-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I will buy a Hibs mug and a calendar

Scouse Hibee
18-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Will the folk who have already purchased season tickets really stay away for the whole season on a matter of principle.......................I doubt it very much!

I also doubt that non ST holders will stay away completely despite what they are saying if a Newco is allowed in the SPL.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Will the folk who have already purchased season tickets really stay away for the whole season on a matter of principle.......................I doubt it very much!

I also doubt that non ST holders will stay away completely despite what they are saying if a Newco is allowed in the SPL.

:agree:

That's my exact thoughts. When reality kicks in I reckon many will have a change of heart and reluctantly give in. Our biggest home gate of the season could well be against the New Taxdodgers. If only to give their team and supporters dogs abuse.

Hibbyradge
18-06-2012, 10:37 PM

That's my exact thoughts. When reality kicks in I reckon many will have a change of heart and reluctantly give in. Our biggest home gate of the season could well be against the New Taxdodgers. If only to give their team and supporters dogs abuse.

Those remarks say more about your values and principles than they does mine.

You are wrong.

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Yes, I hate it when that ill-starred federation of knuckle-dragging bigots, slimy, pompous glory hunters and thick peasants show up on our doorstep. Wouldn't miss them whatsoever if they ceased to exist, and would ceratinly welcome a break from their tiresome antics for three seasons.

Scouse Hibee
18-06-2012, 10:40 PM

You are wrong.

How do you know I'm wrong? You can't vouch for every fan who has said they will stay away.............................only time will tell who is wrong.

Hibbyradge
18-06-2012, 10:43 PM

How do you know I'm wrong? You can't vouch for every fan who has said they will stay away.............................only time will tell who is wrong.

I'm a non- season ticket holder so you're wrong in my case.

leither17
18-06-2012, 10:45 PM

I will 100% I'm not watching a rigged game in anyway at all I won't set foot in another scottish football ground thats how strong my feelings are on this

Scouse Hibee
18-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm a non- season ticket holder so you're wrong in my case.

Yes you can make your stance and stick with it, my point was that I doubt that everyone will stick to their principles and many will return after making a point of missing some games. As stated only time will tell how many will be able to give up Hibs/SPL completely because of a decision made by others.

Scouse Hibee
18-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I will 100% I'm not watching a rigged game in anyway at all I won't set foot in another scottish football ground thats how strong my feelings are on this

A rigged game!

PatHead
18-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes you can make your stance and stick with it, my point was that I doubt that everyone will stick to their principles and many will return after making a point of missing some games. As stated only time will tell how many will be able to give up Hibs/SPL completely because of a decision made by others.

Enough to have a significant impact on Hibs, Aberdeen and clubs who can't afford to lose anyone else

leither17
18-06-2012, 10:51 PM
A rigged game!

Teams being allowed to cheat

Scouse Hibee
18-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Enough to have a significant impact on Hibs, Aberdeen and clubs who can't afford to lose anyone else

I seriously doubt it.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2012, 10:57 PM

You are wrong.

I've already said that there is no chance that I will boycott Easter Road even if this newco whoever they turn out to be are allowed back into the SPL. I may make a stance and not go to any home games against them. I've got values but I can't see the point of punishing Hibs by Rangers failure to hand over the dosh to HMRC.

DiscoLovinHibee
18-06-2012, 11:08 PM
For the last 3 seasons I have bought a season ticket despiteknowing I'll only get to about 12 games due to other commitments - I did it for the Hibs tho.

I have not purchased one this year and I will not if The Rangers are in the SPL. I won't even pay at the gate if that is the case, i'll go non league for my day out bevying with my pals.

Hibbyradge
18-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I've already said that there is no chance that I will boycott Easter Road even if this newco whoever they turn out to be are allowed back into the SPL. I may make a stance and not go to any home games against them. I've got values but I can't see the point of punishing Hibs by Rangers failure to hand over the dosh to HMRC.

I can't see any point in a league with no rules.

Waxy
18-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I was going to take my young son to his first game next season.
But whats the point if They are voted in.what will it teach him?
That it's ok to steal millions of pounds from everyone?
Because if you can guarantee a few million pound in gate money every year you can bribe your way out of the consequences?
Who wants to subject their children to a Hibs Rangers game anyway? Not me

I'll take him to play golf

If they do the right thing and vote them out then we'll have a new Hibby

I actually cant believe whats happening.
There shouldn't even be a vote
it's disgusting
If the Rangers cared about Scottish football they'd want to start again in div 3.
IF RANGERS ARE IN THE SPL NEXT SEASON, SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS DOOMED

Moulin Yarns
19-06-2012, 05:40 AM
No.

The Rangers are a new club, never having kicked a ball. Why should it be an automatic entry into the senior leagues? They should be starting, like Gretna 2008 FC, in the Juniors, and that means applying for the West of Scotland League.

BoltonHibee
19-06-2012, 06:31 AM

I have purchased a season ticket for the new season, if newco are in the SPL I will most definately not attend one match. Moreover I will never attend another Scottish football match, game over as far as I am concerned.

NAE NOOKIE
19-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Didnt vote coz already have a ST for next year.

Think yer dead wrong here mate ... I will not boycott ER full time to punish the SPL / new huns, but there is no chance I will attend any match involving 'The Rangers' at ER or anywhere else.

lapsedhibee
19-06-2012, 07:09 AM
The Rangers are a new club, never having kicked a ball. Why should it be an automatic entry into the senior leagues? They should be starting, like Gretna 2008 FC, in the Juniors, and that means applying for the West of Scotland League.

:agree: This is where the public debate should be by now, not "SPL or Div 3?".

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I have a season ticket, and wont be back if they are back in. I will get the golf clubs out again and play golf every Saturday, at least i'd get fitter and enjoy that too.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I have a season ticket, and wont be back if they are back in. I will get the golf clubs out again and play golf every Saturday, at least i'd get fitter and enjoy that too.

You only got the vowel wrong!

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 08:51 AM
You only got the vowel wrong!

:greengrin I'm on a diet at the moment, its working too. I can see my welly now, not done that for a few years. Bloody hell, got another vowel wrong. :wink: