PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how meeting at Hibs club went?

Tom Hart RIP
17-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I understand there was a meeting at the Hibs Club this weekend.
Any feedback?

marinello59
17-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Any feedback?

There wasn't .

Jonnyboy
17-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Any feedback?

Yip. The bingo's gonnae start fifteen minutes later from now on :aok:

Tom Hart RIP
17-06-2012, 09:01 PM
There wasn't .

Was it cancelled or did I get my dates wrong?

RIP
17-06-2012, 11:39 PM
It was a good meeting with written questions from branches read out. Around 20 supporters in attendance. Would have been more but there had been a bit of confusion on whether to attend when it was announced that the date didn't suit Hibs. Mike is keen to agree a date with the Board before publicising the next forum.

I gave the guys, gals (and wee lad) a bit of info on my experiences working with Hibs on the Matchday Team and plans underway for the wider support to work together with the club over the summer. There will be an 'official' announcement from both initiatives in due course so best that I don't act as unofficial spokesperson for either.

However Kenny told an interesting story about his dad's experiences during the HOH campaign of 1990. The group went to see Tom Farmer and asked him outright "will you help us?". Apparently Tom said "Yes I will - on 2 conditions"

"My first condition is that you go to the bank and see this man" (handing Kenny's dad a business card".)

That man turned out to be Ian? Jones, a St Johnstone season ticket holder and senior manager in business banking.

"The other condition is that Ian will introduce you to a man who will organise the whole shooting match. You should put your complete trust in this man - I assure you he will not let you down"

At that meeting with Ian Jones in 1990, the banking chief opened his office door .........

...........and in walked - Rod Petrie

RoxburghHibs
18-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Was it cancelled or did I get my dates wrong?

I know off two people who attended this meeting (there were about 20 fans in total) last Wednesday. From what I hear it went well, in that the board appeared to listen to the fans views and are willing to change. They both said they can fully see why we are in the position we currently are, and lots off changes are required.

I believe actions have been handed out to all in attendance so no doubt there will be more to come...

churchy35
18-06-2012, 06:36 AM
The meeting was cancelled.

TrickyNicky
18-06-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure if anything on the internet is true anymore or even if I'm actually alive!!

6 posts on this topic - 1 was there , 2 know of people who said it went well 1 said it didn't happen, another said it was cancelled and Jonnyboy's waitin on his two fat ladies comin in!!

:dizzy::panic:

RIP
18-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I know off two people who attended this meeting (there were about 20 fans in total) last Wednesday. From what I hear it went well, in that the board appeared to listen to the fans views and are willing to change. They both said they can fully see why we are in the position we currently are, and lots off changes are required.

I believe actions have been handed out to all in attendance so no doubt there will be more to come...

I went along as a branch member

Things kicked off on time at 12.30 pm and ran till 3pm. Well organised and structured meeting I felt. Folk were passionate and articulate and some excellent points were made. However I can confirm that no members of the Hibs board or management team were at the Hibs Club on Saturday.

What your pals heard Roxburgh was Mike Riley was giving feedback from (in my opinion) a very positive meeting he attended on Wednesday night at Easter Road involving reps from a wide range of supporters groups and organisations. Scott Lindsay and David Forsyth represented Hibs on this occasion although Fife or Rod have attended earlier meetings. That particular project 'Let's Work Together' has been in planning for a few months and a brief announcement will be made in due course.

The HSA have an important part to play as part of the big picture whilst keeping their membership fully engaged in forums at Sunnyside. Personally, I think it's all steps in the right direction but the bottom line is results on the park

Greenheart
18-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I e-mailed the board re the Newco and the meeting on Wednesday was refernced se below the reply I got

Thank you for contacting the Club on this important issue. A large number of supporters have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Our Chairman has already made clear that our Club believes that sporting integrity must be placed at the centre of any decision-making.

There are further investigations which remain to be concluded into the conduct of Rangers and we hope that these matters can also be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible.

The matter needs to be dealt with to allow clubs like Hibernian, who have consistently conducted themselves in a proper manner, to get on with the business of playing football and competing in a fair SPL competition in 2012/13.

Thank you once again for contacting the Club. Your views are clearly understood.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

Kato
18-06-2012, 07:53 AM
The meeting was cancelled.

That's true. I saw a unicorn put a "meeting cancelled" sticker over the board-room door.

Jonnyboy
18-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure if anything on the internet is true anymore or even if I'm actually alive!!

6 posts on this topic - 1 was there , 2 know of people who said it went well 1 said it didn't happen, another said it was cancelled and Jonnyboy's waitin on his two fat ladies comin in!!

:dizzy::panic:

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I e-mailed the board re the Newco and the meeting on Wednesday was refernced se below the reply I got

Thank you for contacting the Club on this important issue. A large number of supporters have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Our Chairman has already made clear that our Club believes that sporting integrity must be placed at the centre of any decision-making.

There are further investigations which remain to be concluded into the conduct of Rangers and we hope that these matters can also be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible.

The matter needs to be dealt with to allow clubs like Hibernian, who have consistently conducted themselves in a proper manner, to get on with the business of playing football and competing in a fair SPL competition in 2012/13.

Thank you once again for contacting the Club. Your views are clearly understood.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

That should dispel any concerns that Hibs might vote newco in

Just_Jimmy
19-06-2012, 11:05 AM
That should dispel any concerns that Hibs might vote newco in

Exactly. I actually feel that if there is only 1 NO vote that I'll be able to hold my head up that it was Hibernian who stood on the side of integrety.