PDA

View Full Version : Green meets Petrie

erin go bragh
17-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already ,in todays sunday mail ,they are saying that Green met Petrie at an Edinburgh hotel on friday afternoon in a bid to charm some votes ahead of the gttf vote .

Why would RP even meet CG :confused:

ggtth

Viva_Palmeiras
17-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Not read the rag - Was it supposed to be a hotel at Edinburgh airport?
Doesn't sound like Rods style...? Surely a place more out the way would be appropriate

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already ,in todays sunday mail ,they are saying that Green met Petrie at an Edinburgh hotel on friday afternoon in a bid to charm some votes ahead of the gttf vote .

ggtth

Why would you even believe anything that paper would print?

Not in a million years would Rod meet Green in a hotel in Edinburgh.

stubru59
17-06-2012, 04:29 PM

ggtth

Well, assuming Petrie did meet with Green, I'd like to think he reminded them that sporting integrity would be the guiding principle on how we voted.

Stantons Angel
17-06-2012, 04:35 PM
If you consider that Rod Petrie is supposed to be at the Euros, i would assume this is not an accurate report?

AlanRuff
17-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I saw RP in his car on Friday morning at the esso garage at craigleith so he ain't at the euros.

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Someone said on here during the week that Petrie was attending a meeting at a hotel with Greene. Either it's true or the mail has lifted it straight from here

Kato
17-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I saw RP in his car on Friday morning at the esso garage at craigleith so he ain't at the euros.

Congratulations on your 13th post.

Baldy Foghorn
17-06-2012, 04:55 PM
If you consider that Rod Petrie is supposed to be at the Euros, i would assume this is not an accurate report?

Exactly, RP at Euro's.....

What strikes me about the report, is that it was believed that Green met with Petrie. Why would Green meet any other SPL Chairman (obviously to discuss the impending vote), but the SFA should have categorically stated that Newco had to apply to Division 3....This whole situation reeks to high heaven............

Capt Mainwaring
17-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Why would Petrie or any other SPL Chairman not want to meet and find out a bit more of the views of the new owner of Hunville 2012? Seems reasonable to me.

Would like to think that having heard the apologies and grovelling of the new man in town , that he was told in no uncertain terms that "you can't put a price on sporting integrity" so here's a Guide to Scottish Division 3 Grounds and some useful tips on knowing which Creditors to take seriously.

Unfortunately for Greene he's just bought the bed that someone else made but he's going to have to lie in it!

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Steven Thomson of Dundee United is quoted as saying that The Rangers will have to work hard to get the 8 votes. This sounds to me like an invitation to offer sweeteners to the "Gang of 10". If there was a benefit for Hibs then it would be a bit daft of Rod not to listen to Green's pitch.

Baldy Foghorn
17-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Steven Thomson of Dundee United is quoted as saying that The Rangers will have to work hard to get the 8 votes. This sounds to me like an invitation to offer sweeteners to the "Gang of 10". If there was a benefit for Hibs then it would be a bit daft of Rod not to listen to Green's pitch.

Not sure how much of a sweetener would be offered FR, but RP has been consistent in his views on sporting integrity from the beginning, dont think Green would manage to sweet talk RP.....

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Not sure how much of a sweetener would be offered FR, but RP has been consistent in his views on sporting integrity from the beginning, dont think Green would manage to sweet talk RP.....

I think Petrie sees the benefits of a league without Huns. At the same time, it is only courtesy to listen to what another owner has to say. Who knows he might offer up some worthwhile suggestions - this a new era, and maybe Green recognises how tight a corner he is in.

I don't think there would be anything sinister about Rod meeting the guy. He knows what "the vast majority" of Hibs fans want.

Baldy Foghorn
17-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I think Petrie sees the benefits of a league without Huns. At the same time, it is only courtesy to listen to what another owner has to say. Who knows he might offer up some worthwhile suggestions - this a new era, and maybe Green recognises how tight a corner he is in.

I don't think there would be anything sinister about Rod meeting the guy. He knows what "the vast majority" of Hibs fans want.

I know it is courtesy to listen, but I fail to see the point, Green should be accepting of the punishment that fits the crime....The continual lack of remorse, and various media outlets citing they have been punished enough is galling.....This is the time to re-shape our game, stopping the corruption and making it fairer for all teams outwith the old firm....

brianmc
17-06-2012, 05:33 PM

What strikes me about the report, is that it was believed that Green met with Petrie. Why would Green meet any other SPL Chairman (obviously to discuss the impending vote), but the SFA should have categorically stated that Newco had to apply to Division 3....This whole situation reeks to high heaven............

It was "believed" is paper talk for it is a slow news day so we're gonna make **** up.

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I know it is courtesy to listen, but I fail to see the point, Green should be accepting of the punishment that fits the crime....The continual lack of remorse, and various media outlets citing they have been punished enough is galling.....This is the time to re-shape our game, stopping the corruption and making it fairer for all teams outwith the old firm....

There is what should be, and there is what is.

They are disgusting, they have no honour or decency, and they are cheats. The reality is though that these are not factors that seem to worry the people who run our game - if they did this would have been settled months ago. It's clear they will do anything to preserve the status quo.

With that in mind, a pragmatic person would have to balance up the options in favour of what was best for their club. I'm sure Rod would have made it clear to Green, if they met, that he would have to be able to come up with 12,000 new fans for Hibs (source: The Bloke in the Pub) if Der Hun is allowed to play.

My feeling is that Green will have a good few sleepless nights between now and the SFA's ultimate capitulation to Rangers. Scotland stands at the crossroads.

Captain Trips
17-06-2012, 05:47 PM

There is no crime with New Rangers, simply they should be voted no 11-0 if clubs are worried about money and are prepared to allow a new club and that is what it is into SPL then the whole league setup is null and void.

Under no circumstances at all should a new club ever just go straight into top flight that is what the leagues are there for. Every other club not in leagues should be applying to get that space they have as much right as new Rangers.

If they are allowed in we are saying you can buy your position in our league without kicking a ball and that is nothing short of a disgrace to the game.

sahib
17-06-2012, 05:54 PM

How do you know that?

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2012, 06:16 PM
There is no crime with New Rangers, simply they should be voted no 11-0 if clubs are worried about money and are prepared to allow a new club and that is what it is into SPL then the whole league setup is null and void.

Under no circumstances at all should a new club ever just go straight into top flight that is what the leagues are there for. Every other club not in leagues should be applying to get that space they have as much right as new Rangers.

If they are allowed in we are saying you can buy your position in our league without kicking a ball and that is nothing short of a disgrace to the game.

:agree: The next step is buying ref's and opposition players. This cannot be allowed to happen, its in the rule books, just grow a pair and apply the ****in rules.

Littlest Hobo
17-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Never knew who this character Green was until I saw him on TV the other day.

He looks like a trust worthy kind of guy.

Not!!

Baldy Foghorn
17-06-2012, 06:32 PM
How do you know that?

RP was asked to attend a meeting with supporter's at Sunnyside, he sent a letter back saying he could not attend as he was on SFA business at the Euro's

Baldy Foghorn
17-06-2012, 06:33 PM
:agree: The next step is buying ref's and opposition players. This cannot be allowed to happen, its in the rule books, just grow a pair and apply the ****in rules.

The whole process is getting more shambolic as each day passes......

O'Rourke3
17-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I'll stick up for Rod, maybe he was invited, maybe he went, and maybe he even agreed to support in the meeting. So Green goes away thinking only 7 more..... Then Rod stitches them up. :cb

edwards
17-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Has he been taking tips off Calderplank :agree:

lord bunberry
17-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I've just been given the minutes from the big meeting

Greene: gonna let us back in the league rod.

Petrie: naw.

AlanRuff
17-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Congratulations on your 13th post.

:rolleyes: So because I only have 13 posts I'm obviously a yam, I get it now. FWIW I did see him, and it's cos of moronic responses like yours that I and I'm sure a lot of others without 100's of post don't contribute very often.

P.S. 14 posts now :na na:

leggeto
17-06-2012, 08:14 PM
dont beleive it,weegee paper winding us up

BroxburnHibee
17-06-2012, 08:19 PM
:rolleyes: So because I only have 13 posts I'm obviously a yam, I get it now. FWIW I did see him, and it's cos of moronic responses like yours that I and I'm sure a lot of others without 100's of post don't contribute very often.

Wind your neck in. Posters with low post counts will be treated with suspicion - its natural.

If you don't like something that is said then argue your point but don't give me this pish about 'lot of others' don't contribute cos of it.

We all started with zero - get a thicker skin and join in. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
17-06-2012, 08:24 PM
So what if he did meet Green???

I doubt owt said would move RP's stance.

Kato
17-06-2012, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes: So because I only have 13 posts I'm obviously a yam, I get it now.

Never mentioned you obviously being a hearts fan, but if that's how you want to take it then who am I to argue.

FWIW I did see him,

RP was asked to attend a meeting with supporter's at Sunnyside, he sent a letter back saying he could not attend as he was on SFA business at the Euro's

You and BF can argue it out between you then.

and it's cos of moronic responses like yours that I and I'm sure a lot of others without 100's of post don't contribute very often.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot because of your shyness.

5 years and 14 posts - all the morons on here must be really off-putting.

Congratulations. :flag::flag::flag:

Just Alf
17-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Never mentioned you obviously being a hearts fan, but if that's how you want to take it then who am I to argue.

You and BF can argue it out between you then.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot because of your shyness.

5 years and 14 posts - all the morons on here must be really off-putting.

Congratulations. :flag::flag::flag:

As the meeting was at the Hilton Edinburgh Airport he could have been killing 2 birds with one stone! (decent parking as well ;-)

I'm sure I read that Green was trying to "do the rounds" of the SPL chairmen so everything said above could be correct!

\o/

Kato
17-06-2012, 08:52 PM
As the meeting was at the Hilton Edinburgh Airport he could have been killing 2 birds with one stone! (decent parking as well ;-)

I'm sure I read that Green was trying to "do the rounds" of the SPL chairmen so everything said above could be correct!

\o/

Yup, Could be.

AlbertK86
17-06-2012, 09:20 PM
So what if he did meet Green???

I doubt owt said would move RP's stance.

Hopefully he'll take a rigid stance like he does on our wage bracket

Lungo--Drom
17-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Someone in another thread on .net said yesterday that their mate works at the airport and that this meeting did in fact take place. This was then rubbished by another poster who said Rodders is away at the Euros but how long does a flight take from Ukraine or Poland to Edinburgh? Starting to think that there must be a grain of truth in this story somewhere.

ggtth

JohnStephens91
17-06-2012, 11:30 PM
If the Tash is indeed in Poland it is a short flight time, roughly around 2 and a half hours I would guess, so it is conceivable that they would be able to meet so close to the airport and for him to get his next flight back out to Poland or Ukraine.

Green is just doing his groveling act to all the other 11 chairmen to try and get them to back the Newco to stay in the top flight, it seems like he is starting off with Petrie as he has been the most vocal against the Newco starting right back in the top flight. Hopefully the rest of the clubs see how much of an effect accepting The Rangers Football Club back into the top flight will have on their own support bases and do not give in to the mindless pleading by Green and his consortium.

We are at a major crossroads in Scottish football, we can either take the smooth path and allow everything to change for the better in terms of competition and distribution of wealth and also for a better voting system in place to use on major decisions. Of course we can go down the proverbial **** creek and hit the waterfall of reduced fan pulls and hit rock bottom as empty stadiums become the norm.

Over to you chairmen.

monktonharp
18-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Hopefully he'll take a rigid stance like he does on our wage bracket I dont see it as "hopefully" at all. I dont sit and hope that Petrie decides to vote NO. I DEMAND that he votes NO. and if he decides, on behalf of Hibernian, to vote the other way,then that's it for me, nae mair fitba, and whether the vote goes in favor of newhun or not, and Petrie is in the yes camp, then that is it for me. It is blatantly obvious to the HFC board, (and me) that 95%plus of the Hibs fans cant stomache the thought of those ***** getting into the spl,so they must do the correct thing.

Lucius Apuleius
18-06-2012, 05:15 AM
What I would like an answer to, if indeed the Tache flew in specifically for this meeting is the who the hell paid for it?

Caversham Green
18-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Like others, I don't see a lot wrong with Rod meeting up with Green. Better to assess Green's real intentions in a private meeting rather than depend on his public blusterings. It also gives Rod the opportunity to air his views face to face and I don't think it's possible for Rod to change his mind given how unequivocal he's been so far.

Also Rod is a vice president of the SFA and the president is inactive in anything to do with Rangers - maybe he was meeting Green in that capacity.

Or maybe Green was offering him a job. Expect Rod to start burbling nonsense about bags of sweeties any day now.

Ultrabee1-0
18-06-2012, 09:01 PM
i cut his hedge the other day there, no rod just the wife :wink:

fat freddy
18-06-2012, 09:06 PM

how much did he pay you out of his 'hedge fund'?

WindyMiller
18-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Strimming her bush?

Jonnyboy
18-06-2012, 09:25 PM
The following was posted by Greenheart on another thread.

I e-mailed the board re the Newco and the meeting on Wednesday was refernced se below the reply I got

Thank you for contacting the Club on this important issue. A large number of supporters have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Our Chairman has already made clear that our Club believes that sporting integrity must be placed at the centre of any decision-making.

There are further investigations which remain to be concluded into the conduct of Rangers and we hope that these matters can also be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible.

The matter needs to be dealt with to allow clubs like Hibernian, who have consistently conducted themselves in a proper manner, to get on with the business of playing football and competing in a fair SPL competition in 2012/13.

Thank you once again for contacting the Club. Your views are clearly understood.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

That should put any concerns, as to how Hibs will vote, to bed