PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros not happy with Fenlon

silverhibee
16-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Wonder if we will see him back at ER again.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4377327/Jorge-still-raging-at-Cup-KO.html

JohnStephens91
16-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Keeping fit? More like needing to get fit.

He obviously has the skill to succeed in the SPL, I just hope that he realises it and is able to perform well. He has shown glimpses of what he can do, although glimpses are not enough. No matter what I'll be behind him, no point in getting on his back when he clearly wants to try his hardest for the team.

ChilliEater
16-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm glad he's unhappy about it - there'd be something wrong if he was satisfied about anything to do with that day - but he has to accept that he was ***** and deserved to be hooked. Maybe no more so than Soares or Osbourne, but at least one of them had to go.

Carheenlea
16-06-2012, 11:59 PM
A misleading thread title and newspaper headine I`d say. Going by the quotes it sounds like he was disappointed to be taken off so early for tactical reasons but he will continue to work hard at Hibs.

Questionable whether these are actual quotes anyway. It is The Sun after all.

hibee62
17-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Hang on, at no point does he say he's "raging", he says he's disappointed at being taken off, doesn't say he didn't agree with the decision. And maybe there is some miscommunication and a need for them to clarify something re pre season training...

Overall, a made up article that you would expect from the sun... Move along!

Bobby's Cinema
17-06-2012, 12:11 AM
A misleading thread title and newspaper headine I`d say. Going by the quotes it sounds like he was disappointed to be taken off so early for tactical reasons but he will continue to work hard at Hibs.

Questionable whether these are actual quotes anyway. It is The Sun after all.
:agree: Either way he can't have any complaints imo.

ScottB
17-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Total non story then, so he's upset that he was hauled off after 41 minutes, so says he is trying to keep as fit as possible and will work hard when he returns.

Good!

Frazerbob
17-06-2012, 12:19 AM
What a joke of a story from an even bigger joke of a paper. **** the Sun!

lyonhibs
17-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm glad he's unhappy about it - there'd be something wrong if he was satisfied about anything to do with that day - but he has to accept that he was ***** and deserved to be hooked. Maybe no more so than Soares or Osbourne, but at least one of them had to go.

I'd say, whilst none of our midfield were even half way acceptable on May 19th, Soares should have been hooked for Sproule (or even me, and I'd been drinking since 9am) long before Claros was. Thought it at the time, and still think it now.

Wotherspiniesta
17-06-2012, 12:21 AM
" I will keep working hard at Hibs "

Sorry Jorge but you're one of the laziest midfielders I've seen. You played the final as if you'd been drugged. Ambled about the pitch not laying a finger on any Hearts player.

One point during the match summed up his performance for me. We were 2-0 down and the ball broke with Driver a good 10 yards away from it. Claros was 5 yards from the ball. Claros, stopped running, looked at Doherty and expected him to get it.

Pitbull? thats a laugh.

Ultrabee1-0
17-06-2012, 02:07 AM
you do know this 'pitbull' name is all to do with his football style!
its to do with how he got shot! you really do look for any excuse to get on a players back ffs.

givescotlandfreedom
17-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Sadly he should never have been anywhere near the Hibs team to start with. Nothing personal but the boy's been extremely disappointing.

I'm_cabbaged
17-06-2012, 06:00 AM
you do know this 'pitbull' name is all to do with his football style!
its to do with how he got shot! you really do look for any excuse to get on a players back ffs.

He is ***** though, eh.

Hainan Hibs
17-06-2012, 06:07 AM
"Tactical decision"

:faf:

Jorge exemplifies our attitude in games against Hearts. He doesn't turn up against them, he hides on the pitch, and generally just looks scared to be within 5 yards of a Hearts player.

Jorge, you were hooked after 41 minutes because in the biggest game in Hibs recent history you were a ****ing imposter, and put in a performance you should be ****ing ashamed of.

ALF TUPPER
17-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Hang on, at no point does he say he's "raging", he says he's disappointed at being taken off, doesn't say he didn't agree with the decision. And maybe there is some miscommunication and a need for them to clarify something re pre season training...

Overall, a made up article that you would expect from the sun... Move along!

Great post .

The Sun ? Sheesh. This is typical of the rubbish produced by this comic

hibsbollah
17-06-2012, 06:16 AM
He hasnt 'hit out at Fenlon'. Theres no connection between what he actually said and the Sun's interpretation of it.

Move on please.

Lungo--Drom
17-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Good to see the Sun journalist who wrote this can't use English properly...
"But the midfielder can’t get over his Cup Final snub where he was hauled off in the first half by boss Fenlon as Hibs were overran by Hearts."

It should be 'overrun'. Here's some lessons for any other illiterate journalists:
"The Jambos overran me"
"The team was overrun by the Jambos"

Sorry, mention of the Cup Final this early on a Sunday brings the latent school teacher out in me O:)

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4377327/Jorge-still-raging-at-Cup-KO.html

hibsbollah
17-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Good to see the Sun journalist who wrote this can't use English properly...
"But the midfielder can’t get over his Cup Final snub where he was hauled off in the first half by boss Fenlon as Hibs were overran by Hearts."

It should be 'overrun'. Here's some lessons for any other illiterate journalists:
"The Jambos overran me"
"The team was overrun by the Jambos"

Sorry, mention of the Cup Final this early on a Sunday brings the latent school teacher out in me O:)

Also 'snub where'. A snub is not a place.

Dr Jimmy
17-06-2012, 07:46 AM

Can we start posting the article instead of the link to that rag. It keeps their hits and SEO lower.

down-the-slope
17-06-2012, 08:07 AM
What a joke of a story from an even bigger joke of a paper. **** the Sun!:agree: i didn't even need to look at article once i saw 'source'....would be upset if he was not disappointed. also a Hibs player getting fit in summer...hope that catches on :rolleyes:

Holmesdale Hibs
17-06-2012, 08:32 AM
It's very thin on quotes, don't think he said much wrong. It's difficult to tell the tone (or even the legitimacy) of his comments given the source.

IF hibs haven't told him when to return, then that's surprising and pretty bad tbh.

Claros, like the rest of our midfield, did absolutely **** all in the final so he can have no complaints about being subbed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Difficulty here is that whenever a story appears in The Sun, you can be sure that it is 100 percent accurate.

NAE NOOKIE
17-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Hes lucky thats all he has to complain about, if complain he did of course.

In some parts of the world the fans would have been down to the training ground trashed his car ( I know he probably doesnt have one ) and spat on him after being part of such a humiliation.

The best thing any Hibs player who was near Hampden on 19/5 can do would be to NEVER mention that game again and instead get on with trying to make up for it.

Littlest Hobo
17-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Never buy a paper these days, and reading that pile of ***** I can see I'm no missing much.

As for the Pit bull, what a ****ing embarrassment.

We needed a player that would hit the ground running, instead we got a guy that needed time to settle and get up to speed with fitness and the fast kick and run Scottish game.

How he managed to get in the starting eleven I'll never know.

J-C
17-06-2012, 10:50 AM
It was obvious in the final that Hearts were hammering us down the flanks, Soares should've been hooked first as he was not helping out whatsoever, Claros being in the middle should've stayed, allowing Sproule to help Kujabi like he did in other matches, we were never winning that game but Fenlon could've made it a lot less by his decisions.

Glad wee Claros is unhappy, maybe make him buck up his ideas and come back a bit more determined to prove everyone wrong.

hibsbollah
17-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Im hoping that Jorge surprises us by 'getting used to the pace of the SPL' (which is a total misnomer IMO but there you go). Hes shown quality on the ball in some games but has been nonexistent in others. The Cup Final was his worst display, which is a worry in itself.

Can anyone think of an example of a player who has been disappointing for half a season and gone on to be a success for us?

tamig
17-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Fair enough comments. He was gutted at being taken off in biggest game of his life.

Northernhibee
17-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Dunno who the new signings are, but they're pish, no Hibs class, get whoever they're going to be right to ****. Bet the pies will be ***** again this year too, sack the pastry chef. Turnstiles are narrow for a fat bloke like me, whoever designed that isnae Hibs class and can get to ****. The guy who selects the tunes before the game starts - Hard Fi? Maybe good enough four years ago but no anymore, he can **** off.

Some people love ****ing moaning on here, it's beyond belief sometimes.

chinaman
17-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Im hoping that Jorge surprises us by 'getting used to the pace of the SPL' (which is a total misnomer IMO but there you go). Hes shown quality on the ball in some games but has been nonexistent in others. The Cup Final was his worst display, which is a worry in itself.

Can anyone think of an example of a player who has been disappointing for half a season and gone on to be a success for us? alan o`brien :na na:

Beefster
17-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not happy with Claros so it all balances itself out.

Emerald
17-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Well I'm not happy with the manager either, rubbish since he arrived, disgrace in the cup final and his rebuilding is really going well. Lets wait for the LOI to arrive!

woody47
17-06-2012, 12:34 PM
What I do not understand is why ANYONE reads this drivel. The sun and record are a joke when it comes to journalism.

inglisavhibs
17-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd say, whilst none of our midfield were even half way acceptable on May 19th, Soares should have been hooked for Sproule (or even me, and I'd been drinking since 9am) long before Claros was. Thought it at the time, and still think it now.

The midfield was set up wrongly from the start. We had to stop hearts wide payers and instead ignored them! Claros should have been man for man against Black and Osbourne against Barr, leaving our crap wide payers to mark Suso and Driver. Not rocket science to try and stop the opposition playing. Getting to half time level should have been our first aim but instead we marked nobody and handed the initiative to them. I wouldn't have been happy with the manager either.

ForeverGreen
17-06-2012, 02:10 PM
There was others I would have hooked before Claros, I think this guy could be a decent player if he upped his workrate and agression.

Stevo1875
17-06-2012, 02:12 PM
you could re-write that article plenty of ways with the quotes used and context being considered.:yawn2:

we'll see what happens soon enough.

Franck Stanton
17-06-2012, 02:52 PM
The midfield was set up wrongly from the start. We had to stop hearts wide payers and instead ignored them! Claros should have been man for man against Black and Osbourne against Barr, leaving our crap wide payers to mark Suso and Driver. Not rocket science to try and stop the opposition playing. Getting to half time level should have been our first aim but instead we marked nobody and handed the initiative to them. I wouldn't have been happy with the manager either.

Agree with every word mate. I am willing to give Fenlon a chance to build his team, and was/am happy at his appointment, BUT......he really did get the team and tactics all wrong in the final. Should have had the basic tactical brain to do as you state above. Hope to god he has learned from it.
P.S. Why didn't you apply for the managers job ? Given your advice I think we would have put up a far better show in the final than the spineless travesty that transpired

jacomo
17-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Has Claros really not been given a date to report back for duty at Hibs? He's still contracted to us, and unless that situation changes, surely he and all contracted players should have clear instructions on when to return for pre-season. They should also have been issued with fitness plans to keep themselves in some sort of shape over the summer, or perhaps work on certain weaknesses.

Are we a professional sporting organisation or not?

silverhibee
17-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Has Claros really not been given a date to report back for duty at Hibs? He's still contracted to us, and unless that situation changes, surely he and all contracted players should have clear instructions on when to return for pre-season. They should also have been issued with fitness plans to keep themselves in some sort of shape over the summer, or perhaps work on certain weaknesses.

Are we a professional sporting organisation or not?

Correct, that is how it is done, players are given instructions about what date to return for pre-season, also what they should be doing to keep fitness levels up during there holiday, unless things have changed which i doubt then i am surprised that Claros doesn't know when to report back to EM for pre-season. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2012, 06:29 PM
With the way he runs, I hope if he does come back, he's had his ankle and knee joints lubricated.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Given the rag this has been printed in and Claros's non existant English, I wouldn't give their interpretaion of what he actually said a shred of credibility.

Andy74
18-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Presumably all the leagues and cups you've won would illustate how well this would actually have worked?

Thecat23
18-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Presumably all the leagues and cups you've won would illustate how well this would actually have worked?

He is just stating the obvious, Do you disagree with what he is saying. I know I don't. Hibs played a stupid diamond formation and from the start and were overrun.

Hibiza
18-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Dunno who the new signings are, but they're pish, no Hibs class, get whoever they're going to be right to ****. Bet the pies will be ***** again this year too, sack the pastry chef. Turnstiles are narrow for a fat bloke like me, whoever designed that isnae Hibs class and can get to ****. The guy who selects the tunes before the game starts - Hard Fi? Maybe good enough four years ago but no anymore, he can **** off.

Some people love ****ing moaning on here, it's beyond belief sometimes.

Aye better tunes , a rousing 21st cent anthem and good pies,

Northernhibee
18-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Well I'm not happy with the manager either, rubbish since he arrived, disgrace in the cup final and his rebuilding is really going well. Lets wait for the LOI to arrive!

:rolleyes:

Mon1875
18-06-2012, 05:50 PM
He wrote on Facebook that he was coming back to Hibs. He seems happy enough with everything.

tamig
18-06-2012, 06:02 PM
He is just stating the obvious, Do you disagree with what he is saying. I know I don't. Hibs played a stupid diamond formation and from the start and were overrun.

Exactly. We've played the game far too narrow for years now. Any team with wide men always give us major problems. You would expect the manager to see that.

inglisavhibs
18-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I assume from your comments that you were happy leaving Grainger and Driver the freedom of Hampden and to a lesser degree Suso on the other side. Why do you think Fenlon had to go 4-4-2 after half an hour. Unfortunately we will never know how the 2nd half would have worked out due to the disastrous start we made. It 's the managers job to get things right from the start and Fenlon failed. It's also possible that even if he had got it right we may still have been beaten. We didn't even make Hearts work for their win.

Beefster
19-06-2012, 03:52 PM

I won a prize for writing an essay on Rabbie Burns once. The best thing about it was that no-one, except other folk that have won prizes related to Burns, can ever question anything I say about Burns.

Burns once travelled to the moon and was present at the shooting of JFK. True story.

PatHead
25-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon insists the arrival of Jorge Claros' family in Edinburgh will allow fans to see the best of the Honduran next season. (Various) on bbc

Hope he is right

Vault Boy
27-06-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.laprensa.hn/Secciones-Principales/Deportes/Futbol-Internacional/El-Hibernian-confia-en-que-Jorge-Claros-tendra-una-mejor-temporada#.T-r7ibWhRch For anyone still interested in the situation regarding Jorge, the page will need translating, but the article was in good enough English to comprehend. I know some of the South American newspapers have been incorrect in the past, but there is nothing there that is much of a surprise, Paddy thinks he will be a big player next season, which most of us guessed anyway. :aok:

Spike Mandela
27-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I will be seriously disappointed if we don't start our new season with an entirely new midfield. None of those that 'graced' the midfield last year showed they had what it takes to make this a club that challenges for top six never mind Europe or the now available second place.

DanHFC1875
27-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Claros hasn't had one good game for Hibs.... hard to pick out any plus points.... McPake... ehhhh.... Nope... nothing else.