PDA

View Full Version : David Moyes

theonlywayisup
16-06-2012, 07:46 PM
.......top man. On BBC at the moment. Have to say he comes across as a good person. I think he has respect as a top class manager.

I think a move to a top club will come his way soon, but where................

Been mentioned for Spurs! Do you think he would be able to replace Fergie at ManU?

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-06-2012, 07:58 PM
He is a decent guy, a good manager and will be a Premiership manager for years to come, whether at Everton or elsewhere.

Have to say though that Lineker's constant badgering him tonight about the Spurs job was embarrassing. He must have put it to Moyes half a dozen different ways whether he would be interested in taking the job and you could see that Moyes himself was getting a bit peeved off about it in the end.

J-C
16-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I think he's been given the nod for the Man U job when Fergie retires in a year or so

Iceman1875
16-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I think he's been given the nod for the Man U job when Fergie retires in a year or so

Jose the special one will replace fergie

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2012, 08:13 PM

I doubt it, he only likes "the peoples clubs" :wink:

Bizzle14
16-06-2012, 08:17 PM
He's a good manager, couldn't win the skol cup in 91 tho :wink: :flag:

Cocaine&Caviar
16-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Shame he's always so full of positives for Celtic, other than that top manager & top man.

HibbySpurs
16-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Would be very happy if he got the Spurs job

The Harp
16-06-2012, 10:19 PM
As I've a soft spot for Everton I hope he stays. He's been there for years though and will obviously move at some stage. It would be interesting to see how far he could take the Toffees (or any other club) if he had even half the money the top Premiership clubs spend on quality signings.

yeezus.
16-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I thought Martin O'Neill was going to get the Man Utd job, but I reckon Sunderland will be his final post.

Sweet Left Peg
17-06-2012, 09:15 PM
He's a good manager, couldn't win the skol cup in 91 tho :wink: :flag:

Exactly! Still think about Micky Weir tearing his defence a new one every time I see him. To a boy on his 11th birthday it seemed like a million Hibees were there that day. Coming back through Gorgie with flags out the window and Wind of Change by The Scorpions on the radio. Awesome day... Still got the strip and the scarf.

Top manager, Moyes. Tells it straight too.

17-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Good manager and I think he would do a really good job at spurs tbh.

heretoday
17-06-2012, 10:29 PM
It would be interesting to see how he'd cope with having large amounts of cash at his disposal.

I hope some eastern potentate comes along and buys up the People's Club so that Moyesie can do a Fergie at Goodison.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Martinez for the spurs job. Moyes wouldn't know what entertaining football is.
Everton and Spurs are worlds apart when it comes to pleasing the supporters.

Lucius Apuleius
18-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Would like him as Scotland Manager.

--------
18-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Would like him as Scotland Manager.

Yup, I totally agree, but why in the world would he take it?

Currently he has a very high reputation in the game, he's settled at Goodison and in the frame for almost every big job that comes along in the EPL. Why on earth would he want risk his reputation and career to work for the blue-nosed fannies at Hampden?

They probably don't want him anyway - he kicks with the wrong foot, football-wise.

I don't think he'd fit at Spurs, not that he couldn't do the job - just somehow I don't think he'd blend in. A mismatch, I'd say.

As for entertaining football, it's easy enough to be picky about having your team play attacking, attractive football when they have a huge transfer budget and the maanger uses it well to bring in top players and build a winning team, but some Hibees have been banging on about "flair football" and "the Hibernian ethos" to the point that no manager or player seems good enough for them.

Me? I'd just like to see Hibs string a few wins together next season - and I really won't care if we prioritise on having ten men behind the ball for 89 minutes if that's what it takes to win a few. I'll take a cagey 1-0 win over a flowing, "flair-packed" 4-5 defeat any day.

Moyes has the priceless gift of being able to build a consistent, competitive, winning team from far less than his immediate rivals have at their disposal. And FWIW Everton don't come over as a 'boring' team when I see them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes does indeed go to Old Trafford when Ferguson retires. And I think he'd do well. He's a good manager who makes the very best of the money and players he has at his disposal. The ironic thing is, IMO he's exactly the sort of manager who would do well at Anfield, but I don't see him going there ...

Ands someone should have told Lineker to shut it about Spurs.

Lucius Apuleius
18-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup, I totally agree, but why in the world would he take it?

Absolutely, and on looking at it he really has no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that I always got the impression he respected his country and would step up to the plate if asked. I know we are grim (Hibs and Scotland) but I still see it as the ultimate managerial position managing your country. We will never know mate as I don't think he will be offered it either.

allezsauzee
18-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Well Scotland could get themselves a good manager by doing what it normally takes to get somebody good....pay the market rate for them.

Sadly the SFA won't show the required ambition and we'll have a succession of managers that are out of their depth

--------
18-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Absolutely, and on looking at it he really has no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that I always got the impression he respected his country and would step up to the plate if asked. I know we are grim (Hibs and Scotland) but I still see it as the ultimate managerial position managing your country. We will never know mate as I don't think he will be offered it either.

That's exactly what it should be. I don't think too many contemporary managers feel the same way, though. Most seem to see it as a steppingstone to a better job in a bigger league with a richer club. And I'm not just talking about Scots, either.

When we look at what Moyes has achieved at Goodison from very little (in EPL terms), we might very well conclude that he's exactly the sort of manager - able, straightforward, and from all appearances a fairly honourable man - who would be perfect for the job, an inspirational leader for the sport in Scotland.

Instead of which we have Missing Link. :rolleyes: