PDA

View Full Version : Boycott clubs that vote "yes" to a newco Rangers? (merged)

Chuck Rhoades
15-06-2012, 01:22 PM
So many twists and turns, whatever the outcome, we are all going to be hit somehow:

Published on Thursday 14th June, 2012 by Celtic Trust
So what now?

Through all the long months of administration from which the huns have, this morning, exited into liquidation, many organisations and individuals have tried to get clarity on what may happen if a new company is formed which seeks to take on the huns' mantle. The word Newco has become so ubiquitous that it no longer requires any explanation and, I am sure, will appear in the Oxford English Dictionary list of new words in the near future.

Now that the only avenue for those who seek to continue the 'long and proud tradition' of the now defunct R@ngers FC is to form a Newco (indeed one is already formed) then the question of how this Newco will be treated by the footballing authorities is really the only question on the minds of most supporters of football in Scotland.

On the basis that the assets of the RFC (including the name, the team, the ground, the training ground and the SPL share] are bought by Charles Green or, say Walter Smith for example, then we can assume that they intend to field a team in either the SPL or the SFL.

The Celtic Trust, along with other Celtic supporters' organisations and the supporters of other SPL clubs have, both in writing and in person, tried to get some clear answers to questions which relate to how this would come about (see details of our meetings and correspondence with the SPL and the SFA respectively].

On the basis of this, our understanding is that the SPL Clubs will be asked, on 29 June or shortly thereafter, to agree to register the the transfer of the SPL share to the new owners. This is the point where each Club in the SPL will finally have to decide whether they are in favour of sporting integrity or not. It really is as simple as that.

All of the other issues regarding the EBTs, the tax case, the dual contracts, sanctions for taking the SFA to court etc are dead - they died this morning along with R@ngers FC - albeit that the directors of the former company can be investigated by the liquidators. In terms of football, the only issue now is how the Newco (which carries no debt, no sanctions, no threat of punishment) will be treated. It can't play in Europe for three years at least since it has to have three years worth of accounts. So it all boils down to this:

Will the SPL Clubs agree to the registration of the share transfer ie let a Newco into the SPL?
Will the SFA licence a Newco to play in the SPL?

Which we can boil down still further to:

Will the Scottish football authorities and the member clubs in Scotland defend the integrity of the game or not?

Many supporters' organisations of Celtic and other Clubs have already gone on record with their views on this matter, but at the risk of repeating ourselves or labouring the point, we will restate the Trust view here.

If any SPL Club votes for an automatic reentry into the SPL of a Newco R@ngers then we will immediately enter into discussions with other Celtic supporters' organisations and the wider Celtic support to decide the precise form of the economic sanctions that we will impose on that Club or Clubs.

http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377 (http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377)

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Whilst I am no lover of Celtic, this strikes me as a good thing. Makes the choice for the waverer clubs simple:

A) Vote Huns out. Pluses = keep Celtic travelling support income, keep home fans happy/income, moral high ground/sporting integrity maintained. Negatives = lose Huns travelling support income (but partially offset by replacement team's travelling support).

B) Vote Huns in. Pluses = keep Huns travelling support income. Negatives = lose Celtic's travelling support income. Unhappy home fans/less income from home fans. Moral high ground/sporting integrity down the toilet.

Decision seems pretty straightforward to me....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Whilst I am no lover of Celtic, this strikes me as a good thing. Makes the choice for the waverer clubs simple:

A) Vote Huns out. Pluses = keep Celtic travelling support income, keep home fans happy/income, moral high ground/sporting integrity maintained. Negatives = lose Huns travelling support income (but partially offset by replacement team's travelling support).

B) Vote Huns in. Pluses = keep Huns travelling support income. Negatives = lose Celtic's travelling support income. Unhappy home fans/less income from home fans. Moral high ground/sporting integrity down the toilet.

I agree with that, its a no brainer in my opinion.:agree:

Broken Gnome
15-06-2012, 01:51 PM
They were doing so well before trotting out the ridiculously self-indulgent 'economic sanctions' line. Akin to NATO or the UN clearly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Could just be that Celtic are the only other team where the media will not just simply sweep fans views under the carpet, it was quite a re-assuring read and as BH says a no brainer for sure.

Ross4356
15-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Does that include their own team?

I do however agree with them 100% and urge Hibs fans to do the same

greenlex
15-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Can they no just both **** off?

Andy74
15-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Does that include their own team?

I do however agree with them 100% and urge Hibs fans to do the same

I agree.

I don't buy that Celtic will say no. There are a range of interests where the Old Firm act as one, not least of which the relationship with their main sponsors.

They know that the Old Firm itself is a product and taking that away, even for a spell, will have huge implications for them.

By the way, for this, and saftety reasons I don't think the votes will be disclosed.

TRC
15-06-2012, 02:05 PM
people are saying we will be without match day income, but do we not spend more on match days when they are here anyway. more police security etc so if it's Dundee or whoever the need for these extra police etc will not be needed saving the club money?

easteroad
15-06-2012, 02:05 PM
So many twists and turns, whatever the outcome, we are all going to be hit somehow:

So what now?

Through all the long months of administration from which the huns have, this morning, exited into liquidation, many organisations and individuals have tried to get clarity on what may happen if a new company is formed which seeks to take on the huns' mantle. The word Newco has become so ubiquitous that it no longer requires any explanation and, I am sure, will appear in the Oxford English Dictionary list of new words in the near future.

Now that the only avenue for those who seek to continue the 'long and proud tradition' of the now defunct R@ngers FC is to form a Newco (indeed one is already formed) then the question of how this Newco will be treated by the footballing authorities is really the only question on the minds of most supporters of football in Scotland.

On the basis that the assets of the RFC (including the name, the team, the ground, the training ground and the SPL share] are bought by Charles Green or, say Walter Smith for example, then we can assume that they intend to field a team in either the SPL or the SFL.

The Celtic Trust, along with other Celtic supporters' organisations and the supporters of other SPL clubs have, both in writing and in person, tried to get some clear answers to questions which relate to how this would come about (see details of our meetings and correspondence with the SPL and the SFA respectively].

On the basis of this, our understanding is that the SPL Clubs will be asked, on 29 June or shortly thereafter, to agree to register the the transfer of the SPL share to the new owners. This is the point where each Club in the SPL will finally have to decide whether they are in favour of sporting integrity or not. It really is as simple as that.

All of the other issues regarding the EBTs, the tax case, the dual contracts, sanctions for taking the SFA to court etc are dead - they died this morning along with R@ngers FC - albeit that the directors of the former company can be investigated by the liquidators. In terms of football, the only issue now is how the Newco (which carries no debt, no sanctions, no threat of punishment) will be treated. It can't play in Europe for three years at least since it has to have three years worth of accounts. So it all boils down to this:

Will the SPL Clubs agree to the registration of the share transfer ie let a Newco into the SPL?

Will the Scottish football authorities and the member clubs in Scotland defend the integrity of the game or not?

Many supporters' organisations of Celtic and other Clubs have already gone on record with their views on this matter, but at the risk of repeating ourselves or labouring the point, we will restate the Trust view here.

If any SPL Club votes for an automatic reentry into the SPL of a Newco R@ngers then we will immediately enter into discussions with other Celtic supporters' organisations and the wider Celtic support to decide the precise form of the economic sanctions that we will impose on that Club or Clubs.

http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377 (http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377) while I am sure the majority of Scottish football fans would agree with most of this the last paragraph is the very reason the "also rans" need to get this one right.

JimBHibees
15-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I agree.

I don't buy that Celtic will say no. There are a range of interests where the Old Firm act as one, not least of which the relationship with their main sponsors.

They know that the Old Firm itself is a product and taking that away, even for a spell, will have huge implications for them.

By the way, for this, and saftety reasons I don't think the votes will be disclosed.

I think they would be petrified of their fans reaction if they did.

HibbySpurs
15-06-2012, 02:11 PM
This just makes the decision tougher :greengrin

On the one hand we can vote no & not have to look at the huns fans ugly mugs
On the other we could vote yes and (hopefully) not have to look at the Celtic fans likewise ugly mugs

It's a toughie I tell you...... :devil:

Paisley Hibby
15-06-2012, 02:12 PM
They were doing so well before trotting out the ridiculously self-indulgent 'economic sanctions' line. Akin to NATO or the UN clearly.

I agree - sanctimonious claptrap.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 02:17 PM

I presume we are looking at naval blockades and no fly zones over large parts of Scotland?

Perhaps Glasgow's East End will stop sending food packages to Edinburgh and Perth?

Pete
15-06-2012, 02:20 PM
We shouldn't be looking for any negatives in this message...this is a good thing and strengthens the argument for voting "no".

They're on our side. Good on them.

HibbySpurs
15-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I presume we are looking at naval blockades and no fly zones over large parts of Scotland?

Perhaps Glasgow's East End will stop sending food packages to Edinburgh and Perth?

Perhaps these sanctions will include an end to various fringe benifits of going to Parkhead, such as the ever popular "watch yer car, mister" scheme or the even better £5 car parks which are actually just the public highway anyway?
:rolleyes:

HibbySpurs
15-06-2012, 02:24 PM
We shouldn't be looking for any negatives in this message...this is a good thing and strengthens the argument for voting "no".

Yes we know that what they are saying is right and most of us no doubt agree with what is said, however the last paragraph is just laughable to be honest.

Why not just say that the Celtic trust will endeavour to boycott the grounds of the SPL clubs who vote yes?

Instead he trumpets on about "economic sanctions", who does he think he is exactly? David Cameron? Or more likely Hilary Clinton:greengrin.

100% behind their (and our) no campaign though.:aok:

stokesmessiah
15-06-2012, 02:27 PM

THis part doesnt really stand up though. They have already agreed to boycott our ground and anyone elses that has spoken out against them.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes we know that what they are saying is right and most of us no doubt agree with what is said, however the last paragraph is just laughable to be honest.

Why not just say that the Celtic trust will endeavour to boycott the grounds of the SPL clubs who vote yes?

Instead he trumpets on about "economic sanctions", who does he think he is exactly? David Cameron? Or more likely Hilary Clinton:greengrin.

100% behind their (and our) no campaign though.:aok:

It does rather illustrate what we'd be left with regardless.

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 02:41 PM
THis part doesnt really stand up though. They have already agreed to boycott our ground and anyone elses that has spoken out against them.

Agreed they have said this but choice B in my post is setting what happens if a club votes in favour of Huns...ie that club WOULD still have the honour of ra peeepul gracing your home ground with their presence and general bonhomie.

:greengrin

norwayhibs
15-06-2012, 02:50 PM

This

ahibby
15-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Clubs who intend to vote yes will no change their mind because of a threat of a boycott from Celtic. My reasoning is that it's the difference between definitely not having Rangers paying supporters and maybe not but probably having the Celtic paying supporters. What they say they will do and what happens as the season progresses and their fans have to get behind their team may be two different things. Can you really see them not going to Ibrox to support Celtic, no danger, they will be there.

On another note I can't see how McCoist can stay at Rangers under the new regime. He would have to have a level of trust in them that no one else in Scotland could possibly imagine credible.

JohnStephens91
15-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't see why people are criticising the Celtic fans for this :confused: they have merely presented their own potential actions against other SPL clubs in a dignified manner. Of course they were going to say things such as economic sanctions instead of 'we're not coming to your ground so you won't make money' as it sounds more professional.

Anyway, this is what the media will want to hear, they can start mixing everything up. Traynor and his band of blue waffles will love this to be added into the mix as they scream out that they are being victimised by their rivals, as they have done constantly. Hibs are not much of a threat with regards to boycotting Inverness away, despite taking up a great bunch and a good number of supporters, whereas Celtic will pose a huge threat to them not coming up. This is the same for Kilmarnock, Motherwell and any other club planning a yes vote.

It is time for the fans of all clubs to stick together and put pressure on all the boards, in the end we all want the same goal of seeing The Rangers Football Club punted to the 3rd division of the SFL.

heretoday
15-06-2012, 03:23 PM
One thing about the Jungle Jims. They hang together.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Typical self indulgent nonsense from Celtc. They obviously don't catch on to the fact that main benefit of the lack of our ground being contaminated by Rangers fans is the absence of sectarianism. Until they can promise the same, they are just as unwelcome.

hibsbollah
15-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I know its the 'done thing' for us to be scathing about Celtc at every opportunity (usually inserting that classic Both Cheeks of The Same Erseİ cliche), but FFS i cant see anything wrong with that statement. In fact its excellent and i wish something so articulate could come from our representatives once in
while.

'economic sanctions' is a completely appropriate phrase to use.

O'Rourke3
15-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Just more of the same from both Rangers and Celtic, Rangers unhappy, they get out and march, Celtic unhappy, we'll issues threats to everyone else on repurcussions. Red nose day, Celtic have a green nose day and Rangers a blue. They are so f***n self inflated it's not true. Try playing matches against no opposition, just get them out of the league and see how far they get.

I want us to vote against any newco getting straight in, but if the vote goes the way the majority of the folks on here seem to want, all we'll hear is how it was the Celtic fans that made sure it happened. Once again re-writing the history of Scottish Football....

HKhibby
15-06-2012, 03:50 PM

And Celtic would really know about the moral high ground?...half of their support couldnt even spell moral!...let alone know what it means

Pete
15-06-2012, 04:00 PM
We should be doing something similar. This is fans fighting fire with fire yet some still moan because it's celtic. We should forget who it is and ALL jump on this bandwagon and get something organised and quickly. Nearly every SPL club would be up for this and once confirmed, we should communicate our intentions to every member club.

This is a chance to send the message that fans rule the game...not TV. You'll lose just as much money by voting yes so what's the point?

GreenPJ
15-06-2012, 04:12 PM
And Celtic would really know about the moral high ground?...half of their support couldnt even spell moral!...let alone know what it means

So what. Do you want the same thing they want.

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 04:19 PM

My post wasn't about Celtic having the moral high ground. But if it was, then Celtic are operating at very high altitude relative to the Huns in the context of the central topic here.

jacomo
15-06-2012, 04:36 PM

:agree: Typically self-regarding stuff from the Celtc masses - so up themselves it's untrue.

I agree.

The Rangers situation has got ever more complicated for the Celtic board. On the one hand, they have to say no to placate their own fans and preserve their high-minded sense of self. On the other hand, doing so will condemn their closest business partners and probably hurt season ticket sales at Celtic Park more than anywhere else.

I don't think they have a choice on this, but behind closed doors Lawwell and co will be gutted about Rangers' fate.

GreenPJ
15-06-2012, 04:37 PM
We should be doing something similar. This is fans fighting fire with fire yet some still moan because it's celtic. We should forget who it is and ALL jump on this bandwagon and get something organised and quickly. Nearly every SPL club would be up for this and once confirmed, we should communicate our intentions to every member club.

This is a chance to send the message that fans rule the game...not TV. You'll lose just as much money by voting yes so what's the point?

I think the point is that clubs may not be up for this but fans in the main seem to be and that is what needs to steer clubs.

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2012, 04:40 PM

And I bet they are all New Labour lovers as well!!!!:agree::wink:

stoneyburn hibs
15-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Celtic fans to boycott any "yes" teams has surely made it an easier decision for any of the chairmen that may be sitting on the fence.
Lose income from one or the other, vote no and get the fans onside.

I can only see the Celtic supporters statement as being a positive in the rejection of Rangers straight back in the SPL.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-06-2012, 05:02 PM
For me. They're absolute idiots as Celtic as a club have the most to lose from not having Rangers in the league. That "two cheeks of the same arse argument". But in addition to this, for supposedly "the best fans in the world", they seem keen to exploit any situation in which they have an excuse not to actually show up and not watch their team play.

jgl07
15-06-2012, 05:08 PM
For me. They're absolute idiots as Celtic as a club have the most to lose from not having Rangers in the league. That "two cheeks of the same arse argument". But in addition to this, for supposedly "the best fans in the world", they seem keen to exploit any situation in which they have an excuse not to actually show up and not watch their team play.

What a load of bolloxs!

The arguments used are exactly the same as 75% of the contributors to this site.

If the SPL votes Rangers back in, I will not attend another Hibs match until such time as they extract themselves from this corrupt travesty of a League.

Cropley10
15-06-2012, 05:09 PM

sadly that is not an option currently

:agree:

I've read elsewhere that Utd and the Dons will also boycott attending Clubs who vote YES to New Club.

This is democracy troops, fan power - we have a common objective; do not allow Doncaster to fabricate a scenario that allows cheats (vile cheats at that) to prosper.

steakbake
15-06-2012, 05:12 PM

And pro-EU to a man ;-)

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I know its the 'done thing' for us to be scathing about Celtc at every opportunity (usually inserting that classic Both Cheeks of The Same Erseİ cliche), but FFS i cant see anything wrong with that statement. In fact its excellent and i wish something so articulate could come from our representatives once in
while.

No, it is the most self-serving form of pompous twattery, worthy of the Huns themselves, and therefore only giving credence to the the 'two cheeks' theory.

And it's a crying shame, because people will focus on that guff, to the detriment of what they are actually saying, and they shouldn't, because hats off to them, Celtic fans have got it right. The only way the Huns will not be allowed to steamroller to the top of the pile, shed of debt and with the only sanctions being three poxy tears out of Europe, is by Scottish Football fans right across the board saying that this is unacceptable and that they will have nothing to do with clubs who endorse this cheating.

HibeeBigFly
15-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I think it will be a secret vote and Celtic will vote YES imo. Will they boycott themselves?

Eyrie
15-06-2012, 06:02 PM
For all the sanctimonious sign off, the general message is exactly what is required from fans of all clubs regardless of how their chairman votes. And that is away fans boycotting all grounds whose clubs vote for cheating.

steakbake
15-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Despite the content at the end, I think it's fair comment. It would be good if the teams do stick together for sporting integrity, put rivalries aside.

I wonder if this statement is as much for an internal Celtic audience as for other clubs, just in case CFC over think the situation.

Sudds_1
15-06-2012, 06:17 PM

Putting the argument aside for a moment........does this not mirror exactly the blackmail the Huns are trying on Scottish football supporters?

That is......you need us, so if you don't do as we say we will punish you. Arrogant, sanctimonious and downright nasty.

In other words.....we are all minnows. We have to toe whatever line the inform decide. Or we suffer.

Hate the pair of them.with a REAL vengence.

neilmartinrocks
15-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Putting the argument aside for a moment........does this not mirror exactly the blackmail the Huns are trying on Scottish football supporters?

That is......you need us, so if you don't do as we say we will punish you. Arrogant, sanctimonious and downright nasty.

In other words.....we are all minnows. We have to toe whatever line the inform decide. Or we suffer.

Hate the pair of them.with a REAL vengence.

Aye thats exactly how i read that as well, especially the last bit.

sadtom
15-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I really just dont get some folk on here.
Celtc get often and rightly slated for their roll in the OF duopoly. However when the do something themselves that tries to break this '2 cheeks of the same erchie' monstrosity that has ruined Scottish fitba for decades. Even if their club has the most to lose, some folk still slate them.
The celtc support, like ourselves, dons, arabs, yams (yes even them) and most of the other fans are wanting to see justice served. (however pious some people think they are). We ALL should be united in our stance against cheats who outrageously think they should be allowed to continue as if nowt has happened. We should match the orcs threat for threat and not be intimidated by them. Equally we should not allow them to bully the broadcasters/sponsors etc. The fight against the bullying cheats has a far better chance of winning with a co-ordinated campaign of 11 v's 1.
We would rightly give them grief all the times the evil twins act as one. So on this momentus occasion when 1 breaks with the other and stands with the rest it should be welcomed with open arms and not sneered at. With some comments on here it seems they are damned if they do or damned if they dont.
If the huns turn the screw on the spl/sfa/sky/clydesdale bank/the individual clubs/or whoever stands up to them. Then we have a far better chance of thwarting their threats by being as united as possible with each other. Preferably ALL the clubs and fans but if some choose to allow themselves to be browbeaten or just plain side with the cheats the i think its our obligation tofight fire with fire. To lend our support to those on the side of right and to shun those who choose the 'dark side'.
I welcome this move from celtc as i would from any of the clubs and i think we collectively need to mobilise and flex some muscle to show the whole of Scotland that we will not be bullied or intimidated. A co-ordinated response is required
Brung it on you cheating hun f****.

steviehibsleith
15-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Celtic fans to boycott any "yes" teams has surely made it an easier decision for any of the chairmen that may be sitting on the fence.
Lose income from one or the other, vote no and get the fans onside.

I can only see the Celtic supporters statement as being a positive in the rejection of Rangers straight back in the SPL.

What happens if Celtic Chairman votes Yes - Dont believe Lawwell has come out and said what he intends to do, just he will listen to supporters.

neilmartinrocks
15-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Celtc get often and rightly slated for their roll in the OF duopoly. However when the do something themselves that tries to break this '2 cheeks of the same erchie' monstrosity that has ruined Scottish fitba for decades. Even if their club has the most to lose, some folk still slate them.
The celtc support, like ourselves, dons, arabs, yams (yes even them) and most of the other fans are wanting to see justice served. (however pious some people think they are). We ALL should be united in our stance against cheats who outrageously think they should be allowed to continue as if nowt has happened. We should match the orcs threat for threat and not be intimidated by them. Equally we should not allow them to bully the broadcasters/sponsors etc. The fight against the bullying cheats has a far better chance of winning with a co-ordinated campaign of 11 v's 1.
We would rightly give them grief all the times the evil twins act as one. So on this momentus occasion when 1 breaks with the other and stands with the rest it should be welcomed with open arms and not sneered at. With some comments on here it seems they are damned if they do or damned if they dont.
If the huns turn the screw on the spl/sfa/sky/clydesdale bank/the individual clubs/or whoever stands up to them. Then we have a far better chance of thwarting their threats by being as united as possible with each other. Preferably ALL the clubs and fans but if some choose to allow themselves to be browbeaten or just plain side with the cheats the i think its our obligation tofight fire with fire. To lend our support to those on the side of right and to shun those who choose the 'dark side'.
I welcome this move from celtc as i would from any of the clubs and i think we collectively need to mobilise and flex some muscle to show the whole of Scotland that we will not be bullied or intimidated. A co-ordinated response is required

I was in agreement with them untill the thinly veiled threat at the end nae need for that bit which i think is what the hostility was about.

sadtom
15-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I was in agreement with them untill the thinly veiled threat at the end nae need for that bit which i think is what the hostility was about.

Its not exactly a hangable offence. We cant let pishy little things like that detract from the real battle. Scottish fitba is at stake. If we collectivly need to match the huns threats with our own then sobeit.

Sudds_1
15-06-2012, 06:48 PM

oh come on Tom....are you really that naive? This is the Celtic who recently claimed they were too big for Scottish football....we were all keeping them back from fame and wealth, hence their attempt to get into England. They were unceremoniously knocked back....and realise they have to stay where they are with the rest of us. S

o, the big fish in the pond wans to do two things....make sure its nearest rival is put out of the way so they can clear up and dominate even more, and at the same time make sure us minnows know whose boss by threatening us with punishment if we don't do what the boss team wants.

This isn't about any solidarity with their scottish club partners. They don't see us as that. They never have...and if you believe this is in any way Celtic "co-ordinating" the scottish football response you are mistaken. Its a blunt threat to bully the other chairmen o make sure Celtic get what THEY want... no more, no less.

And just for the record, I DON'T think the Huns newco should start anywhere but Div 3.

neilmartinrocks
15-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Its not exactly a hangable offence. We cant let pishy little things like that detract from the real battle. Scottish fitba is at stake. If we collectivly need to match the huns threats with our own then sobeit.

Hangable no. Just a tad arrogant (imo).
Gives the impression of them TELLING us how to vote. Like i said nae need for it.

whiskyhibby
15-06-2012, 06:57 PM
It's about time for a collective fans response to the Huns arrogant approach to the SFA/SPL, how about a Scottish fans petition to both bodies

Pete
15-06-2012, 07:02 PM
oh come on Tom....are you really that naive? This is the Celtic who recently claimed they were too big for Scottish football....we were all keeping them back from fame and wealth, hence their attempt to get into England. They were unceremoniously knocked back....and realise they have to stay where they are with the rest of us. S

o, the big fish in the pond wans to do two things....make sure its nearest rival is put out of the way so they can clear up and dominate even more, and at the same time make sure us minnows know whose boss by threatening us with punishment if we don't do what the boss team wants.

This isn't about any solidarity with their scottish club partners. They don't see us as that. They never have...and if you believe this is in any way Celtic "co-ordinating" the scottish football response you are mistaken. Its a blunt threat to bully the other chairmen o make sure Celtic get what THEY want... no more, no less.

And just for the record, I DON'T think the Huns newco should start anywhere but Div 3.

If rangers are out of the league celtic can't bully anyone.

Forget your hatred of them and what you think their motives are. Its the end result that is important.

They're offering an alternative to the bullying from rangers and the media. We need to make the same threats as them.

sadtom
15-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Nowt to do with anything other than winning this 'war'. I think ALL the clubs should effectively be threatening each other with sanctionsif they choose to sell the credibility and integrity of scottish football down the river.
We should be saying exactly the same as them. I am not viewing thrm as a hero riding to our rescue. Merely as allies in a common fight.
But as i said they have more to lose than most financially so i thunk they should be congratulated not pilloried for doing the right thing (for once) for whatever reason.

Scorrie
15-06-2012, 07:05 PM
I think it will be a secret vote and Celtic will vote YES imo. Will they boycott themselves?

Surely it canne be a secret vote as Sally McCoist will want to know who voted for what wont he...?

In fariness to Celtic "boycott" proposal, that would scare some chairman I would have thought, particularly Killie

stoneyburn hibs
15-06-2012, 07:42 PM
What happens if Celtic Chairman votes Yes - Dont believe Lawwell has come out and said what he intends to do, just he will listen to supporters.

Previously i have said that i thought that Celtic would vote no , i still think that however i feel that as the days go by and we hear more and more of the bile/sanctimonious ***** from Ibrox , the more other clubs fans/officials turn against them , add that to the Celtic statement and its looking good.

Jim44
15-06-2012, 07:46 PM
What a load of guff here about Celtic Trust's choice of language, veiled threats etc. Stop nit-picking and ask yourself 'do you agree with their intent and their motives?'. I hope everyone to a man does.

The_Todd
15-06-2012, 07:49 PM

Hold up, pause, whoa, stop.

If Celtic fans came out with "Let's get Rangers back in, we need them badly" we'd be screeching the place down. They say the opposite and we call them "idiots"? I have no time for Celtic at all, but in this instance they're bang right in putting fairness and integrity before a quick buck from Sky and NewCo Firm derbies. OK, we know their main reason for doing so is because they hate Rangers, but then so do we.

The Celtic board cannot ignore the noise from their own fans, an empty Celtic Park every week will be massively damaging for RaSeelickFitbaClub more so than a loss of OF derbies and a reduced TV deal (never in a million years NO TV deal).

Ryan91
15-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Nowt to do with anything other than winning this 'war'. I think ALL the clubs should effectively be threatening each other with sanctionsif they choose to sell the credibility and integrity of scottish football down the river.
We should be saying exactly the same as them. I am not viewing thrm as a hero riding to our rescue. Merely as allies in a common fight.
But as i said they have more to lose than most financially so i thunk they should be congratulated not pilloried for doing the right thing (for once) for whatever reason.

The old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind here, as much as we may despise them, for the time being they want the same as us, No Newco Rangers coming straight back to the SPL and for that we should thank them for standing with us.

Folks can make sly digs and sneer at them for threatening economic sanctions (boycotts of away games) against other clubs and effectively bullying others into voting how they want, but if that's what it takes to ensure that the correct decision is made then so be it, because you know that the Huns have done the exact same.

I hope that a group of fans of our own great club can put out a similar statement letting clubs know that should they vote Yes and Rangers do get back in then don't expect to see a travelling Hibernian support.

frazeHFC
15-06-2012, 07:58 PM

I like your thinking on this one Mr Greenlex.

scoopyboy
15-06-2012, 08:07 PM

A few I know said they will and are letting Celtic know it as well.

They daren't alienate their own fans.

joe breezy
15-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Loads of them are saying they won't go back to Celtic if they voted to let Rangers back

One Celtic fan on KDS forum saying Celtic should give gate money to away teams but not share Celtic away games

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8699575/1/

Sir David Gray
15-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I hate Celtic with a passion and can't stand their fans one bit.

However I agree with their stance here and it's one that I hope is repeated right across the board from SPL teams.

The new Rangers MUST NOT be allowed into the SPL next season.

joe breezy
15-06-2012, 09:35 PM
A lot of the Celtic fans on that Kerrydale Street forum are alright I think

If it wasn't for Celtic fans a lot if this hun criminality would have gone unreported - their bloggers have led the way on this

heretoday
15-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Celtic will dominate everything from now on.

Winston Ingram
15-06-2012, 10:21 PM
really pleased about this. I hate Celtic. This however i'm happy with this:agree:

Winston Ingram
15-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Who cares. 1 set of morons or 2? Far better having fewer of them IMO:agree:

hibee_nation
15-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Who cares. 1 set of morons or 2? Far better having fewer of them IMO:agree:

Don't worry i'm sure the diet huns will only be too happy to fill the gap till their big cousins are back in the SPL

Cocaine&Caviar
15-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Hold up, pause, whoa, stop.

If Celtic fans came out with "Let's get Rangers back in, we need them badly" we'd be screeching the place down. They say the opposite and we call them "idiots"? I have no time for Celtic at all, but in this instance they're bang right in putting fairness and integrity before a quick buck from Sky and NewCo Firm derbies. OK, we know their main reason for doing so is because they hate Rangers, but then so do we.

The Celtic board cannot ignore the noise from their own fans, an empty Celtic Park every week will be massively damaging for RaSeelickFitbaClub more so than a loss of OF derbies and a reduced TV deal (never in a million years NO TV deal).

Maybe not screaming for them to stay no, but the fact that themajlrity of the Celtic supporters I know completely ignore this, and essentially deny it, are just ignorant.

Pete
15-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Clubs in the SPL are being influenced by the fact that there will be a large loss of revenue if Rangers aren't in the top league next season. They're also getting messages from Sky that it would be preferable for Rangers to be in the league. The media are going all out with their scaremongering and pro-rangers agendas.
These economic arguments are very real and it could be argued that voting for Rangers to be admitted would be financially beneficial compared to the alternative.
However, with Celtic saying they will now boycott any clubs who vote for Rangers the alternative has changed. These clubs have two choices:

1. Vote yes and receive money from Rangers visits and a solid TV deal. However, they will lose an equal amount by having no Celtic fans there and no doubt a lot of home fans will not go back.

2. Vote no and lose the Rangers income and destabilise the TV deal. However, Celtic will turn up and there will be no loss of home fans due to this vote...and some extra ones might even turn up due to every team having a better chance of finishing higher in the league.

The majority of fans of every club don't want to see newco Rangers waltz into the SPL. A lot have even said that they will walk away from Scottish football altogether if this happens. There is a real feeling amongst the fans but it isn't really being channeled in the right way.

I believe it's time to strengthen the argument for voting "no" to a newco. This poll is to guage the feeling amongst our fans to see if we can get together as one and boycott the grounds of those clubs who put money before integrity.
If there's a strong enough feeling we should take this issue to the supporters branches and see how they feel about it...this would also give it a bit more gravity as it wouldn't simply be some faceless internet poll. If we're all agreed on this course of action we should then write to every club in the SPL and tell them that should they vote "yes" then there will be no Hibernian supporters attending their ground for the foreseeable future.
It won't be personal as I believe EVERY club who's fans don't want a newco Rangers should do this. It would be a case of everyone threatening everyone else but if that's what it takes to strengthen the "no" argument then so be it.

Celtic doing this will have the most effect but we all feel exactly the same about this Newco and the pressure some clubs have been put under. It might be classed as bullying but it would be fighting fire with fire as there has been bullying from day one from the "yes" camp.
The media will be all over the Celtic boycott so if we also let our feelings be known then it will be an issue that the fans of every club have, not just those of Celtic...which is the truth.

Even if 50% of clubs in the league threaten this course of action it will be a very persuasive argument that no chairman can ignore.

Edit: If you are one of the many people who won't go to any Hibs matches should Rangers be admitted then please vote yes as you are therefore one of the supporters who wont be going to any of these grounds!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate Celtic with a passion and can't stand their fans one bit.

However I agree with their stance here and it's one that I hope is repeated right across the board from SPL teams.

The new Rangers MUST NOT be allowed into the SPL next season.

Not sure how many different threads I can agree with this sentiment on, but, FH you are 100% correct.

ForeverGreen
15-06-2012, 11:28 PM
As much as I agree that clubs should take a stance against the "newco" some of the other SPL clubs are just not in a position to ours. I would still go to watch Hibs and would not boycott grounds just for the fact they voted to allow the newco entrace to the league. The clubs should never have been put in this position in the first place.. They broke the rules the SFA should have :bye: goodbye as soon as the CVA was rejected!

monktonharp
15-06-2012, 11:35 PM
cant believe some of the posts on this thread. a section of celtic fans have said basically that if newco are in, due to a yes vote, then they will boycott any club that have been found to vote yes.. and a poll on here recently showed 99% in favor of a no. so has that suddenly changed,because a set of supporters from celtic are flexing their muscles a bit and telling it how it is....they dinnae want cheats in?. same as most on here dinnae want, naw?

monktonharp
15-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I've not voted, and not entitled to vote as i've already stated that if newco are in.......i'm out

HibeeBigFly
15-06-2012, 11:40 PM
As much as I agree that clubs should take a stance against the "newco" some of the other SPL clubs are just not in a position to ours. I would still go to watch Hibs and would not boycott grounds just for the fact they voted to allow the newco entrace to the league. The clubs should never have been put in this position in the first place.. They broke the rules the SFA should have :bye: goodbye as soon as the CVA was rejected!

100% correct!

It is a complete joke that a vote is taking place in the first place. They have ruined Scottish football for 23 years through blatant cheating and instead of booting them out they get a newco where they can start from scratch a probably do it again.

monktonharp
15-06-2012, 11:42 PM
should your heading for the poll not read something like....all those that intend to attend spl matches this season, regardless of newco in or newco out.........

Pete
15-06-2012, 11:47 PM
I've not voted, and not entitled to vote as i've already stated that if newco are in.......i'm out

That means by default you should vote yes to a boycott!!

You're out of Scottish football therefore you certainly wont be attending a clubs ground who vote yes to a newco. The fact that Rangers are in the SPL means you will not attend that ground.

If we get enough momentum to tell hearts we're not coming should they vote yes then that might sway them if Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic do the same. It might seal our boards vote should Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen make the threats in our direction. Aberdeen and Celtic should be enough for ICT and Ross County to be swayed but others can add weight.

I think we have a real opportunity here to fight back.

Just_Jimmy
15-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes. I include hibs in this if we vote yes.

TariqE
15-06-2012, 11:58 PM
The vote of the SPL chairmen needs to be made public. If this its known beforehand, then there can be no secret deals and no backstabbing.

ekhibee
16-06-2012, 12:48 AM
100% correct!

It is a complete joke that a vote is taking place in the first place. They have ruined Scottish football for 23 years through blatant cheating and instead of booting them out they get a newco where they can start from scratch a probably do it again.

Even though I agree with what you say, really it's irrelevant, because there is a vote whether we like it or not. And I would boycott all grounds who's boards voted Yes to Rangers/Newco coming back to the SPL(I did vote Yes to the OP). If I thought Hibs were going to say Yes I would not be going back to Easter Road either. But you are quite right, the whole situation is being made to look a lot more complicated than it actually is, if a team, any team, breaks the rules that way there is only 1 course of action, end of story. And if the SKY deal falls through the only people that can be held responsible for that are Rangers themselves, if they hadn't broken the rules in the 1st place, big time, factors like tv money etc wouldn't have even been mentioned.

jgl07
16-06-2012, 01:37 AM

Me too.

But if Rangers fail to make it on a 7-5 vote, I will not travel to Kilmarnock or any of the other teams who supported Rangers.

Pete
16-06-2012, 02:12 AM
The vote of the SPL chairmen needs to be made public. If this its known beforehand, then there can be no secret deals and no backstabbing.

The results will be made public regardless and everyone knows this. There's too many insiders.

There will be no hiding place for any chairman or board.

Pete
16-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Me too.

But if Rangers fail to make it on a 7-5 vote, I will not travel to Kilmarnock or any of the other teams who supported Rangers.

That's how I feel too. My dad, my son and myself will never again set foot in any ground that votes for a newco. We would have made a nice wee positive dent in their coffers as we would like to go on outings to other grounds as hibs fans next season.

I'd rather put all that money down the drain than give it to a club that votes for a newco. We can live with going to Easter Road and going to the clubs grounds who's board value footballing integrity.

Hibby
16-06-2012, 03:54 AM
This!!! :flag::flag::hibees

:not worth[Q

UOTE=The Wee Hibby;3264529]:agree:

The old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind here, as much as we may despise them, for the time being they want the same as us, No Newco Rangers coming straight back to the SPL and for that we should thank them for standing with us.

Folks can make sly digs and sneer at them for threatening economic sanctions (boycotts of away games) against other clubs and effectively bullying others into voting how they want, but if that's what it takes to ensure that the correct decision is made then so be it, because you know that the Huns have done the exact same.

I hope that a group of fans of our own great club can put out a similar statement letting clubs know that should they vote Yes and Rangers do get back in then don't expect to see a travelling Hibernian support.[/QUOTE]

Steve20
16-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Nope. I won't boycott any game for that reason. Only reason I won't be going is if Hibs show no ambition in the transfer window.

lucky
16-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Like most fans I want the Huns punished for their sins. But we live in a democracy and people have the right to have different beliefs. These threats of boycotts will only damage further our already damaged game. If Hibs fans had voted to allow the newco into the SPL we would be going mental on here about the wee greens threats. No club has the right to damage another club over this. The rhetoric from Celtic fans amuses me because I fully expect them to vote for the newco. Otherwise the voting structure of the league will change and so will their inflated slice of the tv money

ANDY McGEECHAN
16-06-2012, 07:14 AM

Well said that man. :top marks
:top marks:top marks

Cabbage East
16-06-2012, 07:19 AM
As much as I dislike Celtic, I totally agree with what they're saying here.

Lungo--Drom
16-06-2012, 07:21 AM
They are! Being a west coast Hibby I used to hang around with a few Celts and they are dyed in the wool Labour. Which always made me laugh as they were so "Irish", off to Dublin every year for a piss up, visit Kilmainham etc. and then home to vote for an English based party. Aye, plastic Paddies wi cute little New Labour enamel badges on their green and white scarfs :D

SouthamptonHibs
16-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Well done Celtic fans...huns should be in div three at best

SouthamptonHibs
16-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Yes sad thing is im willing to boycot Hibs unless we sign some decent players asap! not interested in der hun when we r brutal

Lungo--Drom
16-06-2012, 07:25 AM
:flag::flag::hibees

I agree, well said wee hibby! Despise the celts, laugh at them, hate them, or all three but in this case they want the same thing as us so i support them in this move totally. Nevermind the moral high ground angle let's just unite with anyone saying 'no' and get this job done, bury the hun.

Job done - bury the hun!

...i hope that a group of fans of our own great club can put out a similar statement letting clubs know that should they vote yes and rangers do get back in then don't expect to see a travelling hibernian support.

Pretty Boy
16-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Absolutely.

I don't particularly like the Celtic fans organised boycott threat and wouldnt like Hibs fans to do the sane.

I would however make the personal decision to withhold my money from any club that votes yes, and that includes Hibs. They've got the huns money so they wouldn't be getting mine.

Lungo--Drom
16-06-2012, 07:31 AM
I have voted yes. Looking at the tally the 'Yes I will boycott 'YES' clubs' vote currently has a...

...Quantum :greengrin

Just Alf
16-06-2012, 07:46 AM
A lot of the Celtic fans on that Kerrydale Street forum are alright I think

If it wasn't for Celtic fans a lot if this hun criminality would have gone unreported - their bloggers have led the way on this

Agreed

During all this I've been lurking ( :-) ) the other teams boards and I've been pleasantly surprised at how "normal" the vast majority of the Celtic boards are, on the flip side the Rangers ones have sometime bordered on illegal, might be the situation they're in but if any of the board members who will be voting have a random look at their boards then it's going to be a defo no, we just don't need their **** in footy.

To Cut a long story short, it's good to see other teams aligning to us, it makes us collectively stronger and takes away the rangers financial argument re the loss of their visiting fans.

hibbymark
16-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I have said no. If Hibs were playing well and challenging at the top end of the table next season playing the type of football we all want to see and were playing St.Johnstone away I would go to the game. Watching Hibs is what I do. :flag:

The_Todd
16-06-2012, 09:09 AM
If Rangers are in the SPL, then I'm out entirely. No more SPL for me in any shape or form so I can't vote on this.

The_Todd
16-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Incidentally, if the NewHun FC are rejected then I wouldn't take it out on any club that voted "yes". It would no longer be relevant, and wouldn't help anything IMO.

Cropley10
16-06-2012, 09:14 AM

What, like they did last season??

Would it be better to have New Huns in the SPL so they can dominate as well?

Cropley10
16-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Agreed

During all this I've been lurking ( :-) ) the other teams boards and I've been pleasantly surprised at how "normal" the vast majority of the Celtic boards are, on the flip side the Rangers ones have sometime bordered on illegal, might be the situation they're in but if any of the board members who will be voting have a random look at their boards then it's going to be a defo no, we just don't need their **** in footy.

To Cut a long story short, it's good to see other teams aligning to us, it makes us collectively stronger and takes away the rangers financial argument re the loss of their visiting fans.

Hun boards are a cess pit. Literally no word is banned on RM - and the c word proliferates.

Stevo1875
16-06-2012, 09:18 AM
i voted no... i would only boycott rangers games. i'd want this to impact as little as possible on hibs. boycotting the majority of games would be a bad for team. boycotting rangers would send out a clear message.

with all this talk and uncertainty, i'm not surprised we haven't signed anyone yet. time to punt them and get on with it i think!

The_Todd
16-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Unless you really care about the current "title race", and let's be honest nobody outside the OF really cares who wins the league anyway, that doesn't matter. Either Celtic alone dominate the league or Celtic and Rangers dominate the league - difference being in the Hun-Free scenario at least other teams get a shot at being runners up no and again.

PatHead
16-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Any club who has put themselves in the position of having to vote for Rangers has also been cheating by living outwith their means. If clubs like St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have being paying more than us in salary they have been cheating as much as Rangers. Stuff them all and let them live within their means like we have. If that means Kilmarnock or the likes going under so be it. Bet you the SPL won't give them all the consideration they are giving Rangers in letting them back into the SPL.

Clubs like Raith Rovers, Partick and the likes have had to survive in the 1st Division and these clubs should suffer same fate

GORDONSMITH7
16-06-2012, 10:42 AM
cant believe some of the posts on this thread. a section of celtic fans have said basically that if newco are in, due to a yes vote, then they will boycott any club that have been found to vote yes.. and a poll on here recently showed 99% in favor of a no. so has that suddenly changed,because a set of supporters from celtic are flexing their muscles a bit and telling it how it is....they dinnae want cheats in?. same as most on here dinnae want, naw?

Absolutely spot on amigo.

BIG G

Moody Mulder
16-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Agreed, there's too much emphasis on old firm boycotts, most of their fans are skint and on the dole and the economic sanctions the celtic fans want to impose are not nearly as hard as they would have us all believe

Saorsa
16-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I have little time for celtc or their fans but in this instance if the threat of their non attendance plus the non attendance of fans from other clubs is what it takes tae make sure any chairman thinking of making the wrong decision make the right one, then it'll do for me.

Sweet Left Peg
16-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Perhaps these sanctions will include an end to various fringe benifits of going to Parkhead, such as the ever popular "watch yer car, mister" scheme or the even better £5 car parks which are actually just the public highway anyway?
:rolleyes:

Always thought that was where they got their nickname from.....Weegie like me tae watch yer car, mister?

leggeto
17-06-2012, 07:57 PM
most clubs will know the cash loss if no rangers in, bit of a worry, but the price could be a lot higher if the public know you wanted to keep them in, the sensible thing to do is for all clubs to come together and vote them out, no straglers no nonsense

Eyrie
17-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Clubs thinking of voting yes to Sevco 5088 FC should think a little harder about the cash loss from boycotts by their own fans as well as Hibs, Aberdeen, Sellick and other clubs.

--------
18-06-2012, 09:49 AM

So what now?

http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377 (http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=377)

while.

Totally agree with you guys. Anything that encourages clubs to resist the pressure to rubber-stamp Rangers Newco's entry into the SPL/SFL without effective sanctions is a good thing.

We can wax humorous about 'no-fly zones' and 'naval blockades', but the fact is that the ONLY thing that might get some chairmen thinking clearly about a morally and economically sound future for Scottish football as a whole is if they're persuaded that they stand to loose as much by voting "HunCo II" into the League unconditionally as they do by getting their backbones down out of their lofts and standing up to them.

joe breezy
18-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Totally agree with you guys. Anything that encourages clubs to resist the pressure to rubber-stamp Rangers Newco's entry into the SPL?SFL without effective sanctions is a good thing.

We can wax humorous about 'no-fly zones' and 'naval blockades', but the fact is that the ONLY thing that might get some chairmen thinking clearly about a morally and economically sound future for Scottish football as a whole is if they're persuaded that they stand to loose as much by voting "HunCo II" into the League unconditionally as they do by getting their backbones down out of their lofts and standing up to them.

I want us to put as much pressure on them as possible but to be honest if the vote goes the right way I'd still be prepared to go to Killie or St Johnstone away...

Goes the wrong way and I'd absolutely boycott them

18-06-2012, 10:28 AM
I voted yes, simply because any club that votes that bunch of cheating, corrupt jokers straight back into the top flight like nothing has happened has chosen money over morals. It is morally wrong that rangers, after all the corruption and disrepute they have dragged Scottish football into in order to cheat their way to titles etc for years and years should be kept in the SPL like nothing has happened. If it was a smaller club like say Motherwell or St Johnstone or even hibs or hearts for that matter, they would be shafted down to the 3rd division, no question or debate. I realise Rangers bring a lot of money to other clubs in the league but I dont see why this should make them immune of punishment if they break the rules. What kind of message does that send out about Scottish football? The old firm can do whatever they like but can not be punished, whilst the others have to play by the rules and be very careful otherwise will be hammered.

Elephant Stone
18-06-2012, 12:32 PM
100% yes.

Andy74
19-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Have any of the fan groups pulled something together on this?

Prior to 4 July it would make a pretty stark case if fans of the other 11 teams had a real, joined up statement of intent with figures that can prove how many have signed up to not attending games next year if clubs vote yes.

If not it's just a bit of whingeing that the clubs know many will never actually carry through with once the games get underway.