PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Pre-season friendlies (games in Belgium, Zeeland & Berlin, home v Huddersfield)

Pages : [1] 2

HH81
22-05-2012, 06:41 AM
I know some want to forget about football but Saturday is gone now, lets try think to pre season.......

I'd like Hibs to play some teams in Yorkshire this year.....

Leeds
Sheffield (either clubs)
Huddersfield

Would make a great day (s) out :agree:

McKenzie
22-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Is the friendly against the Bohs not being played pre-season? Also wouldn't mind Newcastle

Barney McGrew
22-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Back to Ireland again would be great, plus a decent 'glamour' friendly against a big european side at ER.

HH81
22-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Is the friendly against the Bohs not being played pre-season? Also wouldn't mind Newcastle

Yes I could go with Newcastle, great place for a few drinks :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
22-05-2012, 07:57 AM
The only place i'd consider watching a Hibs pre season game after Sat is Southampton or Pompey....Hibs can come down to my manor for a change. ps can't see any team thats any good wanting to play us

one day maybe...
22-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Pre season should be,

Arthurs Seat Monday morning, Gullane Sands Monday afternoon,
Arthurs Seat Tuesday morning, Gullane Sands Tueasday afternoon
Arthurs Seat Wednesday morning, Gullane Sands Wednesday afternoon
Arthurs Seat Thursday morning, Gullane Sands Thursday afternoon
Gullane Sands Friday morning, Arthurs Seat Friday afternoon just to mix it up a bit,

Game Saturday v Arniston Rangers away.

Same the following week with a game against Penicuik Juniors on the Saturday,

Repeat until the message sinks in that playing for Hibernian is a privelage not to be abused, then they can think of playing a glamour friendly. I want to see Hibs come out with a completely different attitude next season or I fear many will walk away.

Show these imposters/wage thieves that they have to learn where they may end up if they don't apply themseves and take the chance given to them by a professional football club.

marinello59
22-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Ireland.

green&left
22-05-2012, 08:44 AM
With a few holidays booked and money being a bit tight, a tour of Ulster, north of Scotland or England would do me.

jonty
22-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Blackpool, Preston, Morecambe would do.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 08:59 AM
From a selfish point of view would rather it wasn't Yorkshire as I'm off down there in August so don't fancy the same place twice in a month.

Lancashire would do. Blackpool, Blackburn and Preston.

green glory
22-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Albion Rovers. I've never experienced the glamour of Coatbridge.

Just_Jimmy
22-05-2012, 09:03 AM
East fife, raith rovers, cowdenbeath and dunfermline. Any further than that and i wont be bothering my arse.

Jim44
22-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Where do you fancy going Pre-Season?

Personally I'd like two or three weeks in a hot dry climate plus a few days in a slightly cooler destination to climatise for the new season.

As for the players a few weeks at Kwik Fit, Edinburgh City Hospital Psychology Unit and in some cases the nearest knacker's yard might do the trick.:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
22-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Czech Republic.

why not :-))

Thecat23
22-05-2012, 10:58 AM
the Moon. Maybe that way the players wouldn't venture out knowing that no matter what pub they find it's not going to have an atmosphere!

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Germany. Pick up a few players whilst they're here. The standard of the German 3rd division is very high and there are a few gems to be had. Oh and the beer and totty is top notch.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Blackpool, thats about as far as i'd go to watch them this pre season.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Liverpool, Everton, Tranmere would do me.

LancashireHibby
22-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Crewe or Port Vale, someone along those lines. Planning on going to the Bohs game away if it's still on?

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Dalkeith Thistle
Newtongrange Star
Easthouses Lily

would do me :greengrin

gbur123ukgb
22-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Pre season should be,

Gullane Sands Friday morning, Arthurs Seat Friday afternoon just to mix it up a bit,

Repeat until the message sinks in that playing for Hibernian is a privelage not to be abused, then they can think of playing a glamour friendly. I want to see Hibs come out with a completely different attitude next season or I fear many will walk away.

Show these imposters/wage thieves that they have to learn where they may end up if they don't apply themseves and take the chance given to them by a professional football club.

Thats a great idea should start preseason in three wkees time that is plenty of break for this hardworking players repeat for six weeks playing agianst all the crap of the day.
could always run them from portobello to seaton sands and back five times working day from 8.30am and not finish until 6pm by end of it they would be supper fit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 02:53 PM
London.

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Millwall anyone :greengrin

down-the-slope
22-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Ireland is a Cert - Bohs match to play already...PF knows the facilities they can use...also big parts of England would be stopped by police due to potential for trouble..

Anywhere else would be too expensive / disruptive to getting a team working playing together.

rockysrovers
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
London
:flag:

MacBean
22-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Madrid

green viper
22-05-2012, 05:35 PM
what about wolves so we can say a proper bye to matt doherty :greengrin:greengrin

Bristolhibby
22-05-2012, 05:37 PM
A tour of the South West.

Choose from Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Yeovil Town, Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle.

How about Cardiff, Southampton, Portsmouth or Reading?

J

weehibee19
22-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Probably London to play QPR? Crystal Palace? Watford? or maybe Newcastle,Sunderland or Yorkshire!

Holmesdale Hibs
22-05-2012, 05:51 PM
London to play millwall, crystal palace and charlton. Maybe arsenal and spurs if there's time after.

NOLA
22-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Albion Rovers. I've never experienced the glamour of Coatbridge.
rare day oot :thumbsup:

SouthEnglandHib
22-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Hertfordshire.

Stevenage, Barnet and then across to Bedfordshire to face the **** Luton would do me fine.

But I wouldn't say no to Newcastle, just not Hudders or Sheff United. Sheff Wednesday would be good

Sir David Gray
22-05-2012, 09:31 PM
With the way I'm feeling right now, Easter Road is too far to travel.

francobaresi
22-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I'll be going as far away from Hibernian FC as possible... This will take lots of time to heal... Don't be deluded by friendlies, not worth wasting your money on...

Haymaker
22-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Southampton, Portsmouth and Brighton. Then Millwall.

HibsMax
22-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Over to Boston for a friendly against the Revolution. But don't play it at Gillette, play it at Fenway. :) There was supposed to be a Rantic game there a year or so ago but it was called off, I think by Rangers.

Ryan91
23-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Over to Boston for a friendly against the Revolution. But don't play it at Gillette, play it at Fenway. :) There was supposed to be a Rantic game there a year or so ago but it was called off, I think by Rangers.

Now that's an Idea I could get behind, maybe Mr. Kraft could teach the players a thing or two about winning the big one.

Realistically, I wouldn't mind playing a few English teams, anywhere is fine, apart from perhaps Cornwall/Devon.

HoboHarry
23-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Barcelona and we can shoplift Messi, Xavi and Iniesta when nobody is looking.

Haymaker
23-05-2012, 01:10 AM

That would be a cracker!

Golden Bear
23-05-2012, 07:20 AM
A huge away pre-season friendly has been arranged against Selkirk on Tuesday 31st July.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Pre season should be,

this one

PeterboroHibee
23-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I'll be going as far away from Hibernian FC as possible... This will take lots of time to heal... Don't be deluded by friendlies, not worth wasting your money on...

Tend to agree, I went to alot of them last season and it is just a waste of money. If we play some of the smaller Scottish clubs at their grounds Id go as enjoy those sort of friendlies, but after this season, I wouldnt be wasting money following the team outwith Scotland.

SouthEnglandHib
24-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Any pre seasons been announced yet?

Bostonhibby
25-05-2012, 07:06 PM

:greengrin Boston Utd is fine by me, Surounded by Batemans pubs, "proper" football and they wait for you to finish your beer before they kick off.
Actually anywhere - always go pre season, tends to be when we have our finest moments.

LancashireHibby
25-05-2012, 09:55 PM
:greengrin Boston Utd is fine by me, Surounded by Batemans pubs, "proper" football and they wait for you to finish your beer before they kick off.
Actually anywhere - always go pre season, tends to be when we have our finest moments.
Any excuse to visit Eagle's Chippy is a good one by me :not worth :not worth

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Friendlies are for a good day out, having a few beers wi yer mates and a sing song and showing the local uneducated fans what a Hibs support is like. Who cares about the result, its the trip that counts.

JohnStephens91
26-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Grimsby, then we can make the really short travel to visit the worlds smallest pub in Cleethorpes http://www.whitebeertravels.co.uk/signal.html

HH81
26-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Any excuse to visit Eagle's Chippy is a good one by me :not worth :not worth

Is that the one on the main road next to the ground :confused:

If so very good chippy :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
26-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Being pioneers I think a visit to Naija land would be good.

hibee81
27-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Id like a pre season tour of Malta, good training facilities out there (well good enough) and a game against Hibernians, Valleta and Sliema Wanderers, at this moment in time they are about the same standard as us and could be a decent test. Plus the nightlife in Malta and weather would be a bonus.

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Would love Hibs to come to London...

Any team would do...

Pretty Boy
27-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Sounds good to me.

Girlfriends parents live in Lincolnshire so could couple our annual visit down there with a perfect excuse not to see too much of them!

Boston Utd, Lincoln City, S****horpe and Grimbsby.

lyonhibs
27-05-2012, 01:08 PM
This is going to sound daft, but when exactly is any pre-season tour likely to take place?? July I guess? (I'm aware the obvious answer is "before next season starts" :doh:)

My movements this summer are somewhat fluid, and any Hibs games I get to see will be a bonus, so here's hoping my time in Scotland co-incides with at least one game at ER before I move yet further from The Leith San Siro to Zurich

GGTTH

lucky
27-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Any Championship or EPL club away. But do fancy a foreign trip anywhere would do but hopefully somewhere hot.

Billychaotic182
27-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I rather enjoy our games in fife. Like East Fife and Raith Rovers. But we have done that a few times now so maybe a wee trip to Bolton or Blackpool

matty_f
27-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Dunfermline.

DC_Hibs
27-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Id like a pre season tour of Malta, good training facilities out there (well good enough) and a game against Hibernians, Valleta and Sliema Wanderers, at this moment in time they are about the same standard as us and could be a decent test. Plus the nightlife in Malta and weather would be a bonus.

Indeed, I've been watching this space for nearly 3 months now

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/academy-staff-visit-malta_2262950_2635154

James Connolly
27-05-2012, 02:54 PM
A wee trip to South Wales...Cardiff, Swansea, then a game we might win, against Neath!

shezer
27-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Build up the fan base over here.Cork City.......for me :thumbsup:

millarco
27-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Celtic still went over and played Sporting Lisbon at Fenway instead. The place was packed with locals pretending to be Scottish or playing up on their long lost Irish heritage. Very strange experience, and didn't go down well when we started cheering on the Portuguese!

HibeeEmma
28-05-2012, 08:57 AM
London.

London

A tour of the South West.

Choose from Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Yeovil Town, Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle.

How about Cardiff, Southampton, Portsmouth or Reading?

J

Unlikely to be London due to the Olympics but Reading would be perfect.

HibsMax
28-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Celtic still went over and played Sporting Lisbon at Fenway instead. The place was packed with locals pretending to be Scottish or playing up on their long lost Irish heritage. Very strange experience, and didn't go down well when we started cheering on the Portuguese!

That's right, I remember now, though didn't go.

To be fair, Boston does have a fairly large Irish population. And Portuguese too, if you head a little farther south.

--------
28-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I know some want to forget about football but Saturday is gone now, lets try think to pre season.......

I'd like Hibs to play some teams in Yorkshire this year.....

Leeds
Sheffield (either clubs)
Huddersfield

Would make a great day (s) out :agree:

I think I'll go see what's on at Cineworld.

Hibiza
28-05-2012, 04:14 PM
amsterdam.

SteveHFC
28-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Geneva

Hibeesmad
28-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Tour of Wales would be good. Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham or something.

.Sean.
28-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Blackpool again please! :agree:

Sylar
28-05-2012, 04:48 PM
That's right, I remember now, though didn't go.

To be fair, Boston does have a fairly large Irish population. And Portuguese too, if you head a little farther south.

:agree:

My family are originally from Ireland and history traces them as moving over to Boston, before spreading out into the greater New England area.

The original traceable surname is "unfortunate" to say the least, in the Boston area. It's not quite "Bulger", but it's not far off!

I'm in no rush to go along to any pre-season games after the farce of a season that just passed. It's going to be a summer of baseball and the Euros and I'll perhaps perk my interest again when the season is set to start. Unless of course a NewCo Rangers are in the SPL and then I guess I'm done entirely.

alexedwards
30-05-2012, 10:43 AM
London

Due to olympics there can be no pre-season football matches in London.

Bohemian_Hibee
15-06-2012, 09:07 PM
A friend of mine living in Belgium has told me that Hibs will be playing Lierse over there on Thursday 19th July. Not sure if there's other games organised...

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Ties in with what someone else was saying, with there clue about the friendlies being "chocolate"

Bristolhibby
15-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Looks like its true.
From the Lierse official site.

C'mon Petrie, get it sorted.

http://www.lierse.com/nl/news/lierse-oefent-tegen-

http://m.voetbalnieuws.be/news/27232/Lierse_oefent_tegen_Hibernian

BEEJ
15-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Looks like its true.
From the Lierse official site.

C'mon Petrie, get it sorted.

http://www.lierse.com/nl/news/lierse-oefent-tegen-

http://m.voetbalnieuws.be/news/27232/Lierse_oefent_tegen_Hibernian
In a week when there has been absolutely no worthwhile news on the Hibs official site, could we not have announced this today ourselves?

silverhibee
15-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Ties in with what someone else was saying, with there clue about the friendlies being "chocolate"

:greengrin

hibee_nation
15-06-2012, 10:19 PM

I thought that was a load of waffle. :greengrin

SteveHFC
15-06-2012, 10:20 PM
:greengrin

There is also a large chocolate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate) factory located in Herentals.:cb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herentals

steakbake
15-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Spartans.

PJ IronHIbee
15-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Increasingly frustrated by the lack of anything Hibs recently. Let's start by signing McPake (whatever it takes) we need a leader and if nothing else he shows this in abundance. Petrie get the finger out (and the cheque book) and start re-building our wonderful club. I'm sick to death of everything west coast and I'm still struggling to accept (the manor) of the cup final defeat. We may have plenty football on the box and the soap opera that is Newco to keep most football people content in the close season but we need more than this and more is what we deserve.

GGTTH
:pfgwa

dchibs
16-06-2012, 03:48 PM
There is also a large chocolate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate) factory located in Herentals.:cb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herentals

Did it not melt in the sun:greengrin

silverhibee
16-06-2012, 05:20 PM
In a week when there has been absolutely no worthwhile news on the Hibs official site, could we not have announced this today ourselves?

I am sure Hibs would have announced it before the Belgium club if it is happening. This is our pre-season tour, Hibs will announce it when they have all the details and wee would have heard about other games as well being played in Belgium on other club websites, Hibs would have been a bit annoyed about there pre-season being put up on Lierse FC website, i may be wrong here, but i think Lierse have maybe jumped the gun on this one. :aok:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-06-2012, 06:05 PM
forget Edinburgh flights, coming in at ridiculous prices.
Cheers Hibs for yet more late fan info.

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I like Belgium and a wee trip out there would be nice.

But if its the 19th of July I would like Hibs to confirm it and also to confirm other pre season games, just in case theres a better trip to be had and so that I can beg my work for the time off and persuade my partner that a few nights in the hoose hersel would be a good thing.

Just had a thought. Does that mean that by the 19th of July Hibs think they will have a team on the park capable of taking on a Belgian professional football club?

silverhibee
16-06-2012, 06:26 PM
forget Edinburgh flights, coming in at ridiculous prices.
Cheers Hibs for yet more late fan info.

Someone on the PM board mentioned £88 return with Ryanair.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-06-2012, 07:20 PM

I skyscannered flights, only gave me BMI which was pricey. cheers.

Ireallywasthere
16-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Three games planned - great beer there

LancashireHibby
16-06-2012, 09:31 PM
The VC Herentals ground doesn't look up to much. Better than Swinie, mind.

http://imagecache.soccerway.com/venues/600x450/9344.jpg

Will wait for the club to confirm details before booking.

silverhibee
16-06-2012, 09:51 PM
The VC Herentals ground doesn't look up to much. Better than Swinie, mind.

http://imagecache.soccerway.com/venues/600x450/9344.jpg

Will wait for the club to confirm details before booking.

Will you be persuading HH18 to go over with you. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Am oan it like a car bonnet :agree:

LancashireHibby
16-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Will you be persuading HH18 to go over with you. :greengrin
He did seem keen on the idea when I bumped in to him at the rugby on Sunday!

Hibernia Na Eir
17-06-2012, 09:47 AM
think I'll still wait to see if Ireland trip is on the cards.

green with envy
17-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I am sure Hibs would have announced it before the Belgium club if it is happening. This is our pre-season tour, Hibs will announce it when they have all the details and wee would have heard about other games as well being played in Belgium on other club websites, Hibs would have been a bit annoyed about there pre-season being put up on Lierse FC website, i may be wrong here, but i think Lierse have maybe jumped the gun on this one. :aok:

Your trying to tell me that the home team has no right to put a fixture on their own website?:confused:

It may be "our" pre-seaon tour but at the same time it's also their right to announce any game to their own fans if it's been agreed.

It's not just Hibs they're playing, here's a list of their pre-season games and then tell me if you think they have jumped the gun.

http://www.lierse.com/en

Eyrie
17-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I assume that Hibs are waiting until all our pre-season games are confirmed to make an announcement, but I'd prefer a drip-drip of stories to the current public inactivity. And I'm aware that plenty of hard work is being done behind the scenes.

silverhibee
17-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Your trying to tell me that the home team has no right to put a fixture on their own website?:confused:

It may be "our" pre-seaon tour but at the same time it's also their right to announce any game to their own fans if it's been agreed.

It's not just Hibs they're playing, here's a list of their pre-season games and then tell me if you think they have jumped the gun.

Well poor show by Hibs for not announcing this game on the official website if Lierse FC have confirmed it on there's.

surreyhibbie
17-06-2012, 03:18 PM
London to play millwall, crystal palace and charlton. Maybe arsenal and spurs if there's time after.

That would do me. Except Milwall though, apparently they REALLY dont like us. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
17-06-2012, 03:58 PM
That would do me. Except Milwall though, apparently they REALLY dont like us. :wink:

Meellwall have Hun connections. Seen loyalist Millwall/Huns stuff flying about over the net. For that reason, I wouldn't fancy playing them. Thats the only reason though.

alexedwards
18-06-2012, 03:22 PM

You would be wrong. Hibs are preparing a tour and will need to add further matches before announcing the full schedule at once.
Lierse, on the other hand only need to announce the one match v Hibs for which they will have agreed terms and they can announce immediately.
Unless they were specifically asked by Hibs not toa nnounce.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Huns (probably aka Club 12) playing in Belgium a few days after us......

http://uk.soccerway.com/international/world/club-friendlies/2012/matches/

could be interesting :wink:

HibeeMcGinn1
20-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Just been announced on twitter:

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: Hibernian kick off with a friendly against Rapid Bucharest at Grangemouth on Weds 11 July #hibspreseason

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: A three-game tour of Belgium has been arranged with matches against Charleroi, Leuven and Zeeland Select #hibspreseason

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: Hibernian have arranged home friendlies against Union Berlin (25 July) and Huddersfield (28 July) #hibspreseason

FranckSuzy
20-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120620/pre-season-schedule-confirmed_2262950_2817197)

Andy74
20-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Not bad.

edinburghhibee
20-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Why we playing rapid at Grangemouth stadium???

Kenny1875
20-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Anyone have any idea why the game vs Rapid Bucharest is at Grangemouth Stadium? :confused:

Posh Swanny
20-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Might have to get my Posh flag out for the Huddersfield game. They just lurrrrrve us! :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I thought Zeeland is in Holland.

lucky
20-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Well not overly impressive list of opponents. Barely heard of any of them. As for the game at Grangemouth , is it because you can only play 1 home pre- season game unless its a tournament?

TamHibs
20-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Well not overly impressive list of opponents. Barely heard of any of them. As for the game at Grangemouth , is it because you can only play 1 home pre- season game unless its a tournament?

Can't be, we have Union Berlin & Huddersfield at Easter Road

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oafcrd

Cabbage East
20-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Anyone have any idea why the game vs Rapid Bucharest is at Grangemouth Stadium? :confused:

I too would like to know this, I assume it's because the pitch may not be ready (or we might have such a thin squad we'd rather get humiliated in front of fewer fans :rolleyes: )

dangermouse
20-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Where is the Grangemouth Stadium? (Obviously in Grangemouth :greengrin) Is it anywhere near the Falkirk Stadium? Is it the athletics track?

--------
20-06-2012, 11:12 AM

I dunno - seems OK to me. Nothing too formidable but nothing ridiculous either.

I've heard of all of them except the Zeeland Select, which I assume will be just what it says on the tin - a team made up of the best players from the smaller teams playing in the province of Zeeland?

At least this suggests that the club ARE planning to sign some players and assemble a proper squad for next season .... :devil:

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Grangemouth Stadium WTF! Just googled it, an athletics venue it looks like.

scoopyboy
20-06-2012, 11:15 AM

My guess is that our pitch may not be ready.

Was at the stadium for Father's day meal and the grass looked very long and dark green, maybe trying to give it maximum repair time as I thought it didn't look too well for our opening fixture last season against Celtic.

scoopyboy
20-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Grangemouth Stadium WTF! Just googled it, an athletics venue it looks like.

I think Falkirk Juniors play there as well.

IWasThere2016
20-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Not bad.

:agree: Decent programme

.Sean.
20-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Is the Grangemouth Stadium not Falkirk's ground?

Sylar
20-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I recall doing school athletics events at Grangemouth Stadium - pretty sure there was only one stand and the rest was terracing surrounding the running track.

Very very odd indeed :confused:

BarneyK
20-06-2012, 11:19 AM
No Lierse? :dunno:

Billy Whizz
20-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Or Dunfermline

Scouse Hibee
Is the Grangemouth Stadium not Falkirk's ground?

Falkirk Juniors.

Lungo--Drom
It's over a mile from Falkirk Stadium, its in Kersiebank Avenue just off Inchyra Road which is the main road towards the refinery once you come off the motorway. I think it is the running track yeah.

Where is the Grangemouth Stadium? (Obviously in Grangemouth :greengrin) Is it anywhere near the Falkirk Stadium? Is it the athletics track?

Titch
20-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Just been announced on twitter:

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: Hibernian kick off with a friendly against Rapid Bucharest at Grangemouth on Weds 11 July #hibspreseason

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: A three-game tour of Belgium has been arranged with matches against Charleroi, Leuven and Zeeland Select #hibspreseason

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: Hibernian have arranged home friendlies against Union Berlin (25 July) and Huddersfield (28 July) #hibspreseason

Grangemouth????

Green Man
20-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Grangemouth stadium is here map (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Grangemouth+Stadium,+Grangemouth&hl=en&hq=Grangemouth+Stadium,+Grangemouth&t=h&z=15)

The park barely look sbig enough to play football on!

Gatecrasher
20-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Grangemouth stadium is here map (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Grangemouth+Stadium,+Grangemouth&hl=en&hq=Grangemouth+Stadium,+Grangemouth&t=h&z=15)

looks easy enough to get to, might pop along

Sylar
20-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Try zooming in :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Falkirk Juniors.

Any idea what the capacity is?

Onceinawhile
20-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Charleroi is an absolute hole. Leuven is very nice. Don't bother with the Stella brewery tour though.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 11:34 AM
The Grangemouth one is odd.

Anyone know if the Charleroi will be played at their main stadium? Flights only £24 return from Manchester....

keep the faith
20-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Not a programme for the fans really. its all about preparing the team i know but is a glamour match against EPL opposition now out of the question? The last few years suggest so. A real shame. I will be waiting for the first SPL match i think.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Not a programme for the fans really. its all about preparing the team i know but is a glamour match against EPL opposition now out of the question? The last few years suggest so. A real shame. I will be waiting for the first SPL match i think.
The game against Huddersfield will be a decent test to be fair, as well the Berlin game.

Peevemor
20-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Could the Grangemouth match possibly be something Hibs have been invited to do, as opposed to organising?

S4uzee
20-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Have to agree with this

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Happy with those :aok:

Green Man
20-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Could the Grangemouth match possibly be something Hibs have been invited to do, as opposed to organising?

I wondered that myself. Could be that Rapid are basing themselves at Grangemouth for a couple of games?

Sweep
20-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Any idea what the capacity is?

1500 covered seats, click here (http://www.runtrackdir.com/details.asp?track=grangemouth)

Andy74
20-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Charleroi is an absolute hole. Leuven is very nice. Don't bother with the Stella brewery tour though.

The Saturday and Sunday games easily do-able from based in Brussels?

Andy74
20-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I wondered that myself. Could be that Rapid are basing themselves at Grangemouth for a couple of games?

They are doing their pre season training here.

A decent idea to take advantage of a decent team being around.

BEEJ
20-06-2012, 11:55 AM
That's interesting.

Wonder if they've been dumped for announcing the friendly last Friday before we had finalised our full tour schedule? :greengrin

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Livingston are also playing Rapid at grangemouth :aok:

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20120614_1.php

Andy74
20-06-2012, 12:01 PM
That's interesting.

Wonder if they've been dumped for announcing the friendly last Friday before we had finalised our full tour schedule? :greengrin

The first rule of dealing with Hibernian.

Never talk about dealing with Hibernian.

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Damn, was hoping for a nice wee foreign trip before coming back to work. Grangemouth instead. Christ, it is even closer than Falkirk!!!! Oh well. Otherwise I think pretty sensible games.

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I wish Union Berlin's game was in Berlin instead at Easter Road :wink:

BEEJ
20-06-2012, 12:05 PM
The first rule of dealing with Hibernian.

Never talk about dealing with Hibernian.
That'll be Cairney and Clancy well and truly scuppered then.

:cb

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 12:06 PM
That's interesting.

I did say they had jumped the gun by putting it up on there website.

As far as i know Hibs were never playing them.

Heard Hibs will be out there from the 14th to 22nd July.

Cabbage East
20-06-2012, 12:11 PM

What is with the obsession with English Premier League teams on here recently? It's a good programme for the fans that will travel.

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 12:11 PM

:aok:

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 12:12 PM
You would be wrong. Hibs are preparing a tour and will need to add further matches before announcing the full schedule at once.
Lierse, on the other hand only need to announce the one match v Hibs for which they will have agreed terms and they can announce immediately.
Unless they were specifically asked by Hibs not toa nnounce.

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2012, 12:16 PM
huddersfield, union berlin and bucharest will all be good tests :agree:

Onceinawhile
20-06-2012, 12:18 PM
The Saturday and Sunday games easily do-able from based in Brussels?

Charleroi is about 30-45 minutes by train.
Leuven isn't too much further. But I've only been once so not 100% sure.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2012, 12:20 PM
The below says we're also playing Barnsley and Blackpool, but I'm sure they must have mixed this up with last year's pre season friendlies?

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2012/06/20/86081-31223603/

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Blackpool away please :cb

dolphan
20-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I wish Union Berlin's game was in Berlin instead at Easter Road :wink:

Went to see them when I was there last September. The atmosphere was incredible - packed out for a league game against Aachen (who broguth a decent number given it's the opposite end of Germany). They make some serious noise!

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Anyone driving over for these friendlies? Belgium from Calais is only 30 minutes, not sure how far it is from Calais to the grounds, but they wont be very far.

The ferry is £80 return then fuel and hotel.

Andy74
20-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Charleroi is about 30-45 minutes by train.
Leuven isn't too much further. But I've only been once so not 100% sure.

Sounds good, thanks.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone driving over for these friendlies? Belgium from Calais is only 30 minutes, not sure how far it is from Calais to the grounds, but they wont be very far.

Flights are dirt cheap at the minute. Club just waiting for confirmation of venues.

joe breezy
20-06-2012, 12:29 PM
That's a money saver, wouldn't mind Leuven but it's not unmissable so will be giving it all a miss...

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Anyone got any flight prices up yet, for the last two games where is the best place to be for flights in Belgium, Brussels i take it.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Anyone got any flight prices up yet, for the last two games where is the best place to be for flights in Belgium, Brussels i take it.
RyanAir from Manchester to Charleroi are dirt cheap at the minute if that helps. I'm waiting on the venues being confirmed before I book flights.

Geo_1875
20-06-2012, 02:02 PM
RyanAir from Manchester to Charleroi are dirt cheap at the minute if that helps. I'm waiting on the venues being confirmed before I book flights.

Ryanair flights to Brussels land at Charleroi which is about 30+ miles away.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Ryanair flights to Brussels land at Charleroi which is about 30+ miles away.
...that's the whole point, considering we're playing Charleroi :wink:

pacorosssco
20-06-2012, 02:06 PM
not that much to leuven but its ok. good trip for a one dayer. its the home of stella. factory on edge of town.

trains arent bad if you can fly anywhere near. for instance you can get a 29 return from amsterdam but it is over three hours. leuven is like falkirk and edinburgh from brussels.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 02:08 PM
...that's the whole point, considering we're playing Charleroi :wink:

I think i will book to go to that game, is anyone else you know going?

If so what flights would you suggest?

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2012, 02:16 PM
not that much to leuven but its ok. good trip for a one dayer. its the home of stella. factory on edge of town.

trains arent bad if you can fly anywhere near. for instance you can get a 29 return from amsterdam but it is over three hours. leuven is like falkirk and edinburgh from brussels.

3 hours from Embra to Fawkirk?

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I think i will book to go to that game, is anyone else you know going?

If so what flights would you suggest?
I'm just going to go to that one and Mark (WarringtonHibee) fancies it as well. Presumably the kick off times will be confirmed when the venues are but working on the basis of it being an evening kick off;

Wednesday July 18th
Depart
Manchester T3 09:25
Arrive
Brussels (Charleroi) 11:50
(Should be safe enough even if it's an afternoon kick off for whatever reason)

Thursday July 19th
Depart
Brussels (Charleroi) 20:35
Arrive
Manchester T3 21:00
(There is a flight back on the Thursday at 9.30am, arriving at 9:55am if you reckon you can be up early enough!)

£12 each way through the RyanAir website.

Just going to wait for Hibs to confirm the venue just in case they play it elsewhere in Belgium as would appeared to have been the situation had we been playing Lierse.

There are a couple of Ibis etc hotels in the centre of Charleroi for E30-E50 a night which is a bargain on your own, never mind sharing.

green&left
20-06-2012, 02:20 PM

£29 to Amsterdam return, is that to Charleroi..? Or Leuven? Train from Amsterdam to Charleroi is 50,eur single and can take upto 7 hours with 2 or 3 changes.

Scrap the above. £40 single for the 4hrs train or £60 for the train thats 3hrs.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm just going to go to that one and Mark (WarringtonHibee) fancies it as well. Presumably the kick off times will be confirmed when the venues are but working on the basis of it being an evening kick off;

Wednesday July 18th
Depart
Manchester T3 09:25
Arrive
Brussels (Charleroi) 11:50
(Should be safe enough even if it's an afternoon kick off for whatever reason)

Thursday July 19th
Depart
Brussels (Charleroi) 20:35
Arrive
Manchester T3 21:00
(There is a flight back on the Thursday at 9.30am, arriving at 9:55am if you reckon you can be up early enough!)

£12 each way through the RyanAir website.

Just going to wait for Hibs to confirm the venue just in case they play it elsewhere in Belgium as would appeared to have been the situation had we been playing Lierse.

There are a couple of Ibis etc hotels in the centre of Charleroi for E30-E50 a night which is a bargain on your own, never mind sharing.

What flight back do you prefer?

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 02:38 PM
What flight back do you prefer?

Going to go for the later one, can't see us being in any state to be at the airport for checking in at 8am! :party:

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Going to go for the later one, can't see us being in any state to be at the airport for checking in at 8am! :party:

GoldenMeerkat
20-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Grangemouth Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EKG1lOZfNE

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Just booked flights and hotel. Flying on the 09:25 from Manc on Wednesday morning, back on the 20:35 on Thursday. Staying at the ibis Charleroi Centre Gare, only £34 for a room. Buzzing :thumbsup:

green with envy
20-06-2012, 03:14 PM

I'll still be there, will you?:aok:

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Just booked flights and hotel. Flying on the 09:25 from Manc on Wednesday morning, back on the 20:35 on Thursday. Staying at the ibis Charleroi Centre Gare, only £34 for a room. Buzzing :thumbsup:

can you send me a link to the hotel please?

Kojock
20-06-2012, 03:17 PM

What time do you arrive ?? Sky have just announced the kick off has been changed to 12 midday -:wink:

For anyone interested Easyjet fly to brussel daily from Liverpool

Wilson
20-06-2012, 03:21 PM
3 hours from Embra to Fawkirk?

It's the border checks at Falkirk. We don't let just anyone in!

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Good choice of teams to play against, we don't deserve to play against a team in the EPL as we have not merited a game against teams of that quality. I'm happy enough with the games we have as they are a good test for the quality of team we'll be likely to have.

yeezus.
20-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Looking forward to the Huddersfield game, they'll probably bring good support - and the day can't be any worse than Sunderland this pre season.

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 03:35 PM
The Huddersfield game should be decent :take that:wink:

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Is anyone driving to the game against Rapid Bucharest? I'm in need of a lift, petrol money will be provided of course. Failing that it will be a train and a good 40 minute walk to the stadium and then back to the station. Anything to see the team! Oh, within reason of course :wink:

HH81
20-06-2012, 03:57 PM
The Huddersfield game should be decent :take that:wink:

Would have been better in huddersfield.

Hainan Hibs
20-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Don't live too far from Vlissingen so I'll definitely pop along for that one:thumbsup:

Offside Trap
20-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/#!/HibernianFCClub)
BREAKING NEWS: Opening match of Belgium trip will now be against Lierse SK on Weds 18 July, ko 7pm at Stadium Herentals

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/#!/HibernianFCClub)
BREAKING NEWS: Opening match of Belgium trip will now be against Lierse SK on Weds 18 July, ko 7pm at Stadium Herentals
Just had an email saying that from the club...best have a look in to it!! Nightmare!

Offside Trap
20-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Just had an email saying that from the club...best have a look in to it!! Nightmare!

Wee bit more detail here. Looks like someone has screwed up!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120620/belgium-trip-amendment_2262950_2817576

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 04:09 PM

Its a 90 minute drive, shouldn't be too expensive for a 2 day hire?

£80-£90 plus fuel.

fatbloke
20-06-2012, 04:46 PM
July 21st v OHV Leuven. Leuven is famous for something but can't quite remember what:wink: Anyone know. I'm sure it's something to do with a female:greengrin

TomoHFC
20-06-2012, 05:01 PM
happy with the pre-season line up wish we were going to play newcastle or the man united second team

green with envy
20-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I did say they had jumped the gun by putting it up on there website.

As far as i know Hibs were never playing them.

Heard Hibs will be out there from the 14th to 22nd July.

Sometimes it's worth keeping it zipped.:aok:

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Its a 90 minute drive, shouldn't be too expensive for a 2 day hire?

£80-£90 plus fuel.

No boozing then so will check trains first.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2012, 05:24 PM
No boozing then so will check trains first.

I dont mind driving there and back to the airport.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I dont mind driving there and back to the airport.
In that case, you have a PM :thumbsup:

Kojock
20-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Is there a Vlissengen in Belgium the only one I can find is in the Netherlands

green&left
20-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Thats 3 of us booked up on the Ryanair Edinburgh to Charleroi (Wed - Sun). Sunday game is looking a bit tricky. Game kicks of at 14.30 in Zeeland (Middleburg I'm pressuming?) with the flight home departing Charleroi on the Sunday being 21.35. Anyone thinking of car/mini-bus hire from Leuven (or Brussels) and returning straight after the game to Brussels before train or bus onto Charleroi airport?

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Thats 3 of us booked up on the Ryanair Edinburgh to Charleroi (Wed - Sun). Sunday game is looking a bit tricky. Game kicks of at 14.30 in Zeeland (Middleburg I'm pressuming?) with the flight home departing Charleroi on the Sunday being 21.35. Anyone thinking of car/mini-bus hire from Leuven (or Brussels) and returning straight after the game to Brussels before train or bus onto Charleroi airport?
We're only doing the Wednesday night so can't help much with your travel, but where are you staying after the Lierse game? Hotels in Herentals looking in short supply, but at least there are a few bars :thumbsup:

What time does the Edinburgh flight get to Charleroi?

green&left
20-06-2012, 06:30 PM
We're only doing the Wednesday night so can't help much with your travel, but where are you staying after the Lierse game? Hotels in Herentals looking in short supply, but at least there are a few bars :thumbsup:

What time does the Edinburgh flight get to Charleroi?

I'll admit to jumping the gun and booking when Leirse had announced the game as being on the Thursday, so don't actually get in for the game on the Wednesday, don't land in Charleroi til late Wednesday evening.

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I'll still be there, will you?:aok:

Sure will be, and at the right games. :aok:

silverhibee
20-06-2012, 06:45 PM

:doh:

LancashireHibby
20-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I'll admit to jumping the gun and booking when Leirse had announced the game as being on the Thursday, so don't actually get in for the game on the Wednesday, don't land in Charleroi til late Wednesday evening.
Ah, fair enough, well I'm sure you could still manage to get to Herentals to join us for a beer! :greengrin

HH81
20-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Hudds view on the game...

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=70020

Saorsa
20-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Hudds view on the game...

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=70020

Maybe we could arrange a game against a Scottish 3rd division club.... A.F.C. Rangers or perhaps Rangers 2012 :hilarious

:thumbsup:

Squealing pig
20-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Why we playing rapid at Grangemouth stadium???

sound 2 mins along the road. big petrie must have ordered it, good budgeting. surprised its at 730 might need floodlights thatll cost extra

Bostonhibby
20-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Having a look at driving, ferry to Dunkirk then drive to Antwerp which we have done before in less than 2 hours. Straightforward drive normally. Normally do most of the pre season but one of the guys I go with is wavering until we know who we might actually be seeing. I may well go for the beer anyway.

green with envy
20-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Cool, see you at the Liers v Hibs game then.:tee hee:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Take it the game in Dublin is now a no-goer?

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Probably a stupid question to ask, can I travel on the Megabus to Brussels without a passport? Everything I have read online has different answers, I'm already believing the answer is going to be a no and not getting my hopes up. I'm in a strange predicament of not technically being a British citizen despite being born here and lived here my whole life so I am ineligible for a passport until I pay about £450 to sit a test, desperate to see Hibs playing in Europe I'd even take that 17 and a half hour Megabus journey there and back! :(

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Probably a stupid question to ask, can I travel on the Megabus to Brussels without a passport? Everything I have read online has different answers, I'm already believing the answer is going to be a no and not getting my hopes up. I'm in a strange predicament of not technically being a British citizen despite being born here and lived here my whole life so I am ineligible for a passport until I pay about £450 to sit a test, desperate to see Hibs playing in Europe I'd even take that 17 and a half hour Megabus journey there and back! :(

Scratch that, found out Megabus require you to check in with a passport when boarding the coach. :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
20-06-2012, 10:35 PM
They must be pretty confident that this match against Rapid Bucharest is not going to attract much of a support.

Grangemouth Stadium only has the one stand and it's not very big either. I don't know exactly but I would say that it has less than 1,000 seats. It does have standing room around the rest of the stadium so maybe it will be possible to accommodate extra fans but it's still a very odd choice.

As others have already pointed out, it is primarily an athletics facility and there is a running track on the outside of the football pitch so the stand is set quite far back from the pitch.

On the plus side, it should be very easy for anyone from Edinburgh to get to as it's literally just a few minutes off the M9.

DH1875
20-06-2012, 10:51 PM
They must be pretty confident that this match against Rapid Bucharest is not going to attract much of a support.

Grangemouth Stadium only has the one stand and it's not very big either. I don't know exactly but I would say that it has less than 1,000 seats. It does have standing room around the rest of the stadium so maybe it will be possible to accommodate extra fans but it's still a very odd choice.

As others have already pointed out, it is primarily an athletics facility and there is a running track on the outside of the football pitch so the stand is set quite far back from the pitch.

On the plus side, it should be very easy for anyone from Edinburgh to get to as it's literally just a few minutes off the M9.

But why Grangemouth though :confused:.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2012, 11:01 PM
But why Grangemouth though :confused:.

No idea. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that another club was playing a pre-season game there too so maybe there's some kind of agreement with Falkirk Community Trust/Falkirk Council to host games there.

Parking will also be a bit of a nightmare as well. There is a car park right next to the stadium but it's not very big and it's right across the road from flats.

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120620/pre-season-match-cancellation_2262950_2817861

Berlin game cancelled. But trying to arrange a game over there instead :thumbsup:

WellingtonHibby
20-06-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120620/pre-season-match-cancellation_2262950_2817861

Berlin game cancelled. But trying to arrange a game over there instead :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibs: look over here! Big announcement, get your ***** in gear EUR gaun tae Belgium!

Ten mins later, ,,,

Er, hud on the now, its aw changed.

Christ, is it that hard to agree a schedule, confirm and THEN announce it?

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 11:53 PM

Berlin game cancelled. But trying to arrange a game over there instead :thumbsup:

I was looking forward to the game as well, feel disappointed now

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2012, 05:13 AM
It's the border checks at Falkirk. We don't let just anyone in!

As it should be:agree: But if my missus takes three hours from Embra airport to get me home to my bed on Wednesday I will be pretty disappointed. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
21-06-2012, 06:34 AM

That's the one I was most looking forward to:rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
21-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Is there a Vlissengen in Belgium the only one I can find is in the Netherlands

Aye it's in the Netherlands, I was confused when they were saying it was Belgium as Zeeland is a region in the Netherlands.

Kojock
21-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Aye it's in the Netherlands, I was confused when they were saying it was Belgium as Zeeland is a region in the Netherlands.

Cheers mate.

Looks like it could be all change though. I have already paid out over £300 for flights, hotels, car hire etc to take in the Sat & Sun games. :grr:

big-mo
21-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Cheers mate.

Looks like it could be all change though. I have already paid out over £300 for flights, hotels, car hire etc to take in the Sat & Sun games. :grr:

It looks like the original games in Belgium will go ahead on the original dates, however they may be staying over there to play the Berlin side on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

KILSYTH HIBBY
21-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Booked flight to Charleroi, anybody know how easy it is to get to Lierse now.

LancashireHibby
21-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Reading between the lines, it looks like the Belgium trip might not go ahead then or am I just fearing the worst having already forked out for flights and hotel (a hotel that I've since cancelled because of the change to Lierse)?!

green&left
21-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Reading between the lines, it looks like the Belgium trip might not go ahead then or am I just fearing the worst having already forked out for flights and hotel (a hotel that I've since cancelled because of the change to Lierse)?!

Thats exactly what i'm thinking.

They could be saying hold fire with the potentially awkward and costly trip to Belgium as we may have a more glamourous, easier and cheaper game in Berlin, but I highly doubt that.

Official site does say we'll get an update today so we shall see. Like yourself, having booked flights and accomodation on the back of Hibs announcing their plans, i'd be very pissed off if they change the Belgium schedule.

LancashireHibby
21-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Thats exactly what i'm thinking.

They could be saying hold fire with the potentially awkward and costly trip to Belgium as we may have a more glamourous, easier and cheaper game in Berlin, but I highly doubt that.

Official site does say we'll get an update today so we shall see. Like yourself, having booked flights and accomodation on the back of Hibs announcing their plans, i'd be very pissed off if they change the Belgium schedule.
Just had an email from Garry O'Hagan, seems we're unneccesarily worried!

"Matt – not a problem. The matches in Belgium are not in doubt. The only difference is that Union Berlin’s position has changed and can now no-longer travel to Scotland. Instead they have invited us to Berlin and we are now looking at the logistics of making this happen by extending our stay."

Phew.

green with envy
21-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Just had an email from Garry O'Hagan, seems we're unneccesarily worried!

"Matt – not a problem. The matches in Belgium are not in doubt. The only difference is that Union Berlin’s position has changed and can now no-longer travel to Scotland. Instead they have invited us to Berlin and we are now looking at the logistics of making this happen by extending our stay."

Phew.

Nice one LH,

I'm Scott's dad - also going on the same trip. "phew" indeed.:thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2012, 01:09 PM
whatever happened to the Malta Hibs link?

lyonhibs
21-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Looks like the random friendly by Rapid Bucharest in Grangemouth (what a odd sentence that is!!!) is the only one I'll be in town for. I assume some hardy fools will be running a bus or 2 to The Land that Time Forgot?

Calvin
21-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Really like the idea of a jaunt to Berlin. Flights are £140 return from Aberdeen. Trying to justify that I can just book it now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Berlin on the 25th would be good with The Hammers playing in Dresden on the 27th thrown in too.

Kojock
21-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Two of us going across for the OHV Leuven and Zeeland Select games.

Flying return from Edinburgh to Charleroi with Ryanair

Depart Fri 20/07 Dept 1405 / arr 1655
Return Mon 23/07 Dept 1000 / arr 1040 £78pp

Car hire £33pp (argus carhire)

Ibis hotel Leuven 2nts £36.50pp (Fri & Sat)

Ibis Hotel Charleroi 1nt £17pp (Sun)

Both hotels booked through Expedia

Total £164.50pp

All I need to pay for now is Fuel, Food & Alcohol :aok:

Plan is to drive from Charleroi Airport to Leuven spend two nights there. Drive to Zeeland on the Sunday and after the game return to Charleroi and spend the night there before catching the flight home on the Monday.

I have two spaces available in the car (sensible people only :greengrin) If you fancy doing the same itinerary PM me and we can car share and split the costs for car hire and fuel. GGTTH

Josh 01
21-06-2012, 06:21 PM
There are five of us on the friday 14:05 ryanair flight from edinburgh
Getting the train from charleroi to leuven, 2 nights in ibis hotel leuven and back sunday night on the 21:35 flight
£140 all in for digs and travel. Not bad at all.
Looking forward to it!
Ggtth

green with envy
21-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Two of us going across for the OHV Leuven and Zeeland Select games.

Flying return from Edinburgh to Charleroi with Ryanair

Depart Fri 20/07 Dept 1405 / arr 1655
Return Mon 23/07 Dept 1000 / arr 1040 £78pp

Car hire £33pp (argus carhire)

Ibis hotel Leuven 2nts £36.50pp (Fri & Sat)

Ibis Hotel Charleroi 1nt £17pp (Sun)

Both hotels booked through Expedia

Total £164.50pp

All I need to pay for now is Fuel, Food & Alcohol :aok:

Plan is to drive from Charleroi Airport to Leuven spend two nights there. Drive to Zeeland on the Sunday and after the game return to Charleroi and spend the night there before catching the flight home on the Monday.

I have two spaces available in the car (sensible people only :greengrin) If you fancy doing the same itinerary PM me and we can car share and split the costs for car hire and fuel. GGTTH

Also staying at the Ibis Leuvan. Looking to hire a car for the select game, but we're due to fly back on the Sunday night from Charleroi...

Do you think we'd make it back for a 9.30pm flight? Not done much research into moterways etc.

SteveHFC
21-06-2012, 11:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120621/union-berlin-update_2262950_2818771

As was reported on the official website last night, Union Berlin confirmed they were unable to fulfil the planned friendly at Easter Road on Wednesday 25 July. Instead it was proposed by Union Berlin that this match could take place in Berlin on Tuesday 24 or Wednesday 25 July.
Hibernian have continued dialogue with Representatives for Union Berlin today and discussions have progressed well. Both parties are keen to try and find a solution to allow this match to take place. The club expect to be in a position to make a formal announcement by close of business (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120621/union-berlin-update_2262950_2818771#) on Friday on whether the Hibernian plans to extend its trip to Belgium and Zeeland with a match in Berlin.
Both Clubs wish to express their sincere thanks for the patience of Supporters to allow all the necessary logistical (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120621/union-berlin-update_2262950_2818771#) arrangements to be checked and put in place.

DC_Hibs
22-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Berlin on the 25th would be good with The Hammers playing in Dresden on the 27th thrown in too.

Had my eye on that game and very surprised its been allowed. Went with Frankfurt this season and police operation was major to ensure there wasnt any bother with away fans shipped in and out with huge escort at all times and police hardware incl helicopters and army type vehicles with water cannons. No idea how they would handle loads of groups of West Ham arriving in the city at different times and by different routes and bevvying all over the city. Dynamo will be out and about en masse on the Friday guaranteed.

Tremendous city for a weekend though and Dynamo with a great new stadium and regular sell outs are on the way back up after years in the wilderness and look good for top league in the near future.

I doubt you'd be wearing colours but its a big thing for them to nick shirts, scarves, flags and display them on fence during game (and light them up!). Thats best outcome, the worst is a good tanking!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a right hoot! ;-)

Kojock
22-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Also staying at the Ibis Leuvan. Looking to hire a car for the select game, but we're due to fly back on the Sunday night from Charleroi...

Do you think we'd make it back for a 9.30pm flight? Not done much research into moterways etc.

Distances & Driving Times according to Bing maps

Charleroi Airport to Leuven - 53 miles - 56min

Ibis Hotel Leuvenl to Stadium Den Dreef - 1.4 miles (4-5 hrs depending on how many pubs you stop at)

Leuven to Vlissingen – 95 miles - 1hr 32min

Vlissingen to Charleroi Airport 120 miles - 1hr 56min

Game in Vlissingen should be over and done with by 4.30pm at the latest so barring any major hold ups you should make it quite comfortably.

green with envy
22-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Ibis Hotel Leuvenl to Stadium Den Dreef - 1.4 miles (4-5 hrs depending on how many pubs you stop at)

Game in Vlissingen should be over and done with by 4.30pm at the latest so barring any major hold ups you should make it quite comfortably.

Good man! - cheers:thumbsup:

Crazyhorse
22-06-2012, 01:13 PM

That should work fine. But there are a few alternatives for anyone who hasn't arranged their trip yet.

I used to live in Leuven and am looking forward to going back to there especially.

I'm going to fly to Schiphol and take the inter city train to Antwerp (2hrs 30 euro - fast train is 1 hr and 60 euro).

I will make Antwerp my base (my favourite city in Europe) and go to the games from there.

Flanders is small and the rail network is good.

One last tip at weekends you can get same day returns to anywhere in the Benelux countries for half-price. Don't have to book you can get them at the station.

Saorsa
23-06-2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120623/union-berlin-v-hibernian_2262950_2820037

joe breezy
23-06-2012, 09:59 AM
wish the Berin game was a weekend, I've no holidays left...love Berlin too, great city

Billy Whizz
23-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Does anyone else think that we don't have enough matches at ER pre season. We're likely to have a number of new players and apart from the Huddersfield game they ate unlikely to have played at home prior to the Hearts game!

lyonhibs
23-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Does anyone else think that we don't have enough matches at ER pre season. We're likely to have a number of new players and apart from the Huddersfield game they ate unlikely to have played at home prior to the Hearts game!

Probably a bloody good thing to be honest. The Huddersfield match ought to be enough of a wake-up call for them to realise that if they don't perform on-pitch miracles, they will be mercilessly hounded all season long :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
23-06-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120623/union-berlin-v-hibernian_2262950_2820037

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I'm Leaving for two Weeks in Norway that morning and all the ferry tickets have been Booked! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :brickwall

joe breezy
23-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking of going Eurostar to Leuven then back to London on the Sunday...

Hibs playing at the home of Stella Artois - has to be done

LancashireHibby
24-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Already booked for Lierse, and now rather tempted for Berlin! Might as well not bother working in July!

big-mo
24-06-2012, 10:08 AM
That's us all booked for a 9 day holiday in Belgium and Germany taking in all 4 games. Going by car, ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge and staying in Flanders region and then Berlin. :flag:

If anyone is thinking of flying over to Berlin, check out flights from Liverpool, a lot cheaper.

lyonhibs
24-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I'm Leaving for two Weeks in Norway that morning and all the ferry tickets have been Booked! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :brickwall

That's a dull yin.

Iggy Pope
24-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone else looking at taking in Belgium and Berlin? Cannot seem to find any direct flights back to Edinburgh?

green with envy
24-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Anyone else looking at taking in Belgium and Berlin? Cannot seem to find any direct flights back to Edinburgh?

Easyjet back to Glasgow is the closest.

Squealing pig
24-06-2012, 06:15 PM
No idea. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that another club was playing a pre-season game there too so maybe there's some kind of agreement with Falkirk Community Trust/Falkirk Council to host games there.

Parking will also be a bit of a nightmare as well. There is a car park right next to the stadium but it's not very big and it's right across the road from junky flats.fixed that

Iggy Pope
24-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Right. Booked a flight to Charleroi on the Friday for Leuven on the Setterday!.... Booked a flight for Berlin from Brussels on the Monday. Anyone know much about the logistics of travelling between Leuven and Vlissingen for the game on the Sunday and a half two kick off? My heid is splitting!

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Right. Booked a flight to Charleroi on the Friday for Leuven on the Setterday!.... Booked a flight for Berlin from Brussels on the Monday. Anyone know much about the logistics of travelling between Leuven and Vlissingen for the game on the Sunday and a half two kick off? My heid is splitting!

Around 95 miles, trains go to Vlissegen, but 2 changes are required though

Crazyhorse
24-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Around 95 miles, trains go to Vlissegen, but 2 changes are required though

As far as I recall you will have to take the train from Leuven to Antwerp, change there and take the train to Roosendaal across the Dutch border. Change there for the train to Vlissegen. If you are lucky with the timetables you could do the trip in under 2 hours.

andyf5
25-06-2012, 05:29 AM

Trains in Belgium - Leuven/Antwerp train times here http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/ costs €8

Sunday 22 July
Leuven [B] dep 08:05
Antwerpen-Centraal arr 9:13

Trains in Holland - Antwerp/Vlissingen train times here http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/home one every hour and takes 1 hour 48 mins €20 each way

Sunday 22nd July
10:00 + Antwerpen-Centraal Roosendaal Intercity (NS Hispeed) +
10:28 + Roosendaal 3b
10:49 + Roosendaal 3a Vlissingen Sprinter (NS)
11:48 + Vlissingen 3

There are discounts for groups of 4 detailed on websites
Someone else said above "One last tip at weekends you can get same day returns to anywhere in the Benelux countries for half-price. Don't have to book you can get them at the station."

green with envy
25-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Trains in Belgium - Leuven/Antwerp train times here http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/ costs €8

Sunday 22 July
Leuven [B] dep 08:05
Antwerpen-Centraal arr 9:13

Trains in Holland - Antwerp/Vlissingen train times here http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/home one every hour and takes 1 hour 48 mins €20 each way

Sunday 22nd July
10:00 + Antwerpen-Centraal Roosendaal Intercity (NS Hispeed) +
10:28 + Roosendaal 3b
10:49 + Roosendaal 3a Vlissingen Sprinter (NS)
11:48 + Vlissingen 3

There are discounts for groups of 4 detailed on websites
Someone else said above "One last tip at weekends you can get same day returns to anywhere in the Benelux countries for half-price. Don't have to book you can get them at the station."

Lot's of helpful info there - nice one!

green&left
25-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone looked into getting from Vlissengen to Berlin..?

One option i've looked at is the train, takes around 8h 30m (2 or 3 changes) and costs £40 single.

Any better options?