PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon four match ban

Spike Mandela
15-06-2012, 08:57 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/106348-hibernian-boss-pat-fenlon-handed-four-game-ban-for-cup-final-incident/

Four match ban, perhaps Hibs should take it to court of session and get it all out there about Mr Thomson's performance:greengrin

johnrebus
15-06-2012, 09:04 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/106348-hibernian-boss-pat-fenlon-handed-four-game-ban-for-cup-final-incident/

Four match ban, perhaps Hibs should take it to court of session and get it all out there about Mr Thomson's performance:greengrin

Great stuff.

Lennon got less for virtually assaulting a referee.

:cb

hibbysam
15-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Great stuff.

Lennon got less for virtually assaulting a referee.

:cb

Lennon got off scot free for the exact same crime at Ibrox

mcvie7
15-06-2012, 09:17 AM

Says on Sky Sports News it's 2 game ban

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Too severe relative to Lennon. Predictable.

Doesn't help with Fenlon's perception of everyone is out to get hibs..

cabbageandribs1875
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18151985

Manager Pat Fenlon has been given a four-match ban, two of which are suspended, for his gesture during Hibernian's Scottish Cup final defeat.

Peevemor

It is, with the possibility of 2 more depending on his behaviour.

Spike Mandela

Serves a 2 match ban immediately with 2 suspended.

Spike Mandela
15-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Lennon got off scot free for the exact same crime at Ibrox

As is currently being proven there is no such thing as a precedent in Scottish Football.

I think Mr Doncaster says it best when he says "we treat all teams the same, witout fear or favour unless it's the old firm."

lyonhibs
15-06-2012, 09:24 AM
As is currently being proven there is no such thing as a precedent in Scottish Football.

I think Mr Doncaster says it best when he says "we treat all teams the same, witout fear or favour unless it's the old firm."

Did he ACTUALLY say that???

Spike Mandela
15-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Did he ACTUALLY say that???

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well in the written word without a 'wink' smiley.:greengrin

I tagged a bit on the end of his quote but wasn't really joking.:cb

Kato
15-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Cheers Scottish Football.

Black's elbow. Punishment: A chat about the weather.
Pinhead's dive: Punishment. A penalty for them.

SFA: Hating Hibs since 1875.

JimBHibees
15-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Thought it was quite good to see Sergio's reaction in the background which kind of says it all.

4 games for a gesture like that dear oh dear what a joke.

I think it is safe to say that Hibs should appeal and try and get it down given and I may be wrong it is his first offence.

I think Thomson has had it in for him since PF wanted an explanation of his awful decision at Pittodrie. He has had it in for Hibs all his life right enough.

Judas Iscariot
15-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Cheers Scottish Football.

Black's elbow. Punishment: A chat about the weather.
Pinhead's dive: Punishment. A penalty for them.

SFA: Hating Hibs since 1875.

This

fat freddy
15-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Ally McCoist demands the names of the tribunial members who voted to impose a transfer embargo on his club...this in turn leads to death threats against the members of the tribunial from the mutants that McCoist was pandering to...............result?...no action from The SFA

Pat Fenlon shows his frustration in the dugout.....result?....4 game ban.

says it all really...

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Thought it was quite good to see Sergio's reaction in the background which kind of says it all.

I think it is safe to say that Hibs should appeal and try and get it down given and I may be wrong it is his first offence.

I think Thomson has had it in for him since PF wanted an explanation of his awful decision at Pittodrie. He has had it in for Hibs all his life right enough.

What was Sergio's reaction Jim?

lyonhibs
15-06-2012, 10:41 AM
What was Sergio's reaction Jim?

If you look at the STV link, Sergio is clearly giving it the old "oh come on ref" body language in reaction to Miss Thomson's childish decision to send Fenlon to the stands.

Sadly, the brown paper bags and their ill-gotten contents had already exchanged hands by then :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 10:45 AM
If you look at the STV link, Sergio is clearly giving it the old "oh come on ref" body language in reaction to Miss Thomson's childish decision to send Fenlon to the stands.

Sadly, the brown paper bags and their ill-gotten contents had already exchanged hands by then :greengrin

Never noticed the link, I really must pay more attention:greengrin

ancient hibee
15-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Meanwhile Sandy Jardine leads a fan protest movement which threatens to punish clubs who oppose them while being an employee of Rangers and doesn't even merit an interview with the SFA-why would that be I wonder?

hibsbollah
15-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Meanwhile Sandy Jardine leads a fan protest movement which threatens to punish clubs who oppose them while being an employee of Rangers and doesn't even merit an interview with the SFA-why would that be I wonder?

You're auld enough to have seen Jardine play, so you'll know why. The man is a bully.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-06-2012, 11:37 AM
fenlon's ban is fair enough IMO.

Lennon's is an absolute disgrace. Maybe the SFA are scared of the reaction from Lennon? Can't understand the logic behind lennon's sent ace, especially given he's a repeat offender and an utter cock.

hibbygraham
15-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Relative to other offenders' bans for worse gestures/words, the length of Fenlon's punishment is harsh. However, no manager should be reacting like that to the crowd; looks equally silly and immature.

HibsMax
15-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Relative to other offenders' bans for worse gestures/words, the length of Fenlon's punishment is harsh. However, no manager should be reacting like that to the crowd; looks equally silly and immature.

Agree with that. The victim here is Scottish Football's integrity, or lack thereof.

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 02:14 PM

On a day which saw the vast majority of our players appear to not give one, I'm reassured to see our manager showing a bit of passion, clearly hating and reacting to what had unfolded in front of him. Give me that every time rather than the likes of Calderwood who would have sat there as impassive and vacant as ever.....:rolleyes:

silverhibee
15-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Ally McCoist demands the names of the tribunial members who voted to impose a transfer embargo on his club...this in turn leads to death threats against the members of the tribunial from the mutants that McCoist was pandering to...............result?...no action from The SFA

Pat Fenlon shows his frustration in the dugout.....result?....4 game ban.

says it all really...

Even worse was that Ally McCoist already new the names of the people who sat on that panel when he said it on R@ngersmedia.

The more the SFA do to piss everyone else of unless you support the old/newco firm the more they will drive people away from Scottish football, when you have seen what has went on with Lennon & McCoist over the last few seasons and got away with it, and then Pat Fenlon makes a gesture(first offence) and gets a four match ban(2 suspended) what a bleeping joke the SFA are.

You have to ask yourself, is it really worth spending your hard earned money to watch your team in a rigged league where two teams get away with anything they want by the SFA and the other 10 get a raw deal from the SFA. :rolleyes:

What ban did Sparky get for his first gesture.?

JimBHibees
15-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Even worse was that Ally McCoist already new the names of the people who sat on that panel when he said it on R@ngersmedia.

The more the SFA do to piss everyone else of unless you support the old/newco firm the more they will drive people away from Scottish football, when you have seen what has went on with Lennon & McCoist over the last few seasons and got away with it, and then Pat Fenlon makes a gesture(first offence) and gets a four match ban(2 suspended) what a bleeping joke the SFA are.

You have to ask yourself, is it really worth spending your hard earned money to watch your team in a rigged league where two teams get away with anything they want by the SFA and the other 10 get a raw deal from the SFA. :rolleyes:

What ban did Sparky get for his first gesture.?

One game ban I am sure.

silverhibee
15-06-2012, 03:25 PM
One game ban I am sure.

So is there different bans for different gestures, or more plausible is that the SFA just make it up as they go along.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:38 PM
So is there different bans for different gestures, or more plausible is that the SFA just make it up as they go along.

:agree:

Hibercelona
15-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I can understand the 2 match ban for the gesture.

But what are the other 2 for?

As I recall, he was told to leave the dugout and he went without any fuss at all. :confused:

RIP
15-06-2012, 04:11 PM
On a day which saw the vast majority of our players appear to not give one, I'm reassured to see our manager showing a bit of passion, clearly hating and reacting to what had unfolded in front of him. Give me that every time rather than the likes of Calderwood who would have sat there as impassive and vacant as ever.....:rolleyes:

Agree

Only thing though it's yet another symptom of the malaise affecting Hibs that so much of our on the park energy appears to be spent

Giving rude signs
Complaining to refs
Diving
Moaning
Feeling sorry for ourselves
Wrapped up in Celtic-style conspiracy theories

rather than

applying ourselves
showing discipline
getting in the other teams faces
showing dignity and
genuine courage

Worst discipline record in the SPL this season. Have we morphed into a bunch of poor-spirited wasters on and off the park?

Time to turn things around

Hibercelona
15-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Agree

Only thing though it's yet another symptom of the malaise affecting Hibs that so much of our on the park energy appears to be spent

Giving rude signs
Complaining to refs
Diving
Moaning
Feeling sorry for ourselves
Wrapped up in Celtic-style conspiracy theories

rather than

applying ourselves
showing discipline
getting in the other teams faces
showing dignity and
genuine courage

Worst discipline record in the SPL this season. Have we morphed into a bunch of poor-spirited wasters on and off the park?

Time to turn things around

Agree with most of that.

But showing up Thompson as the twisted jambo ramjet that he is, is hardly based on just theory.

hibsbollah
15-06-2012, 04:15 PM
We dont complain to refs nearly enough IMO. Its called exerting pressure, and it works.

degenerated
15-06-2012, 04:46 PM
He should wind himself up and come back as a new manager called The Pat Fenlon and insist that any sanctions apply only to the old manager. That's how it's done these days, is it not? :dunno:

jacomo
15-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Hadn't noticed that before. Sergio's a great guy.

Jonnyboy
15-06-2012, 09:18 PM

That's not why he gestured though, is it?

Tin hat on here but I think his actions deserved punishment. Citing bans given to others is all good and well but Pat must have known his actions would be punished. Wasn't it Pat who said he'd had a stern word with Leigh about the gesture to the Rangers fans - double standards I reckon.

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Tin hat on here but I think his actions deserved punishment. Citing bans given to others is all good and well but Pat must have known his actions would be punished. Wasn't it Pat who said he'd had a stern word with Leigh about the gesture to the Rangers fans - double standards I reckon.

His gesture was to the Jambos fans because he was angry. Good I say. Shows passion. But agreed it deserves punishment.

Eyrie
15-06-2012, 09:37 PM
There is a consistency to Fenlon being punished for the same gesture that Griffiths was punished for.

There is a lack of consistency when O'Connor can be cited for diving (even if the charge is dismissed) but Susa is not.

Bishop Hibee
15-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Yes and no :greengrin

Fenlon's reaction to the yams was idiotic. They were absolutely loving it when he reacted and got sent to the stand. He should have shown more dignity and expressed any anger to the overpaid wage thieves in Hibs jerseys that day. His statement that the GIRUY gesture was aimed at his own players is implausible. A ban was inevitable.

HOWEVER given what McCoist has got away with re the SFA panel that he demanded be named even though he knew or had access to the names, Fenlon's punishment is grossly excessive shows the ineptitude of those that 'govern' the game in Scotland.

Jonnyboy
15-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes and no :greengrin

Fenlon's reaction to the yams was idiotic. They were absolutely loving it when he reacted and got sent to the stand. He should have shown more dignity and expressed any anger to the overpaid wage thieves in Hibs jerseys that day. His statement that the GIRUY gesture was aimed at his own players is implausible. A ban was inevitable.

HOWEVER given what McCoist has got away with re the SFA panel that he demanded be named even though he knew or had access to the names, Fenlon's punishment is grossly excessive shows the ineptitude of those that 'govern' the game in Scotland.

I agree the punishment was disproportionate when measured against McCoist and others BUT two wrongs don't make a right :greengrin

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 09:48 PM
What was the gesture? Give them the V's.

I left at 4 so I was on the bus by the time I heard he was sent off.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Fenlon will be gone before November. A couple of games sitting in the stand won't make much difference. It was a childish act and shows exactly where our lack of onfield discipline comes from. Unfortunately we have chosen not to act during the summer so will just have to endure another wasted season.

hibsbollah
15-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Fenlon will be gone before November. A couple of games sitting in the stand won't make much difference. It was a childish act and shows exactly where our lack of onfield discipline comes from. Unfortunately we have chosen not to act during the summer so will just have to endure another wasted season.

Thanks for letting me know, i wont get my hopes up now:aok:

matty_f
15-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Whar are you on about?

Dunbar Hibee
15-06-2012, 10:14 PM

You have had a few pops at Fenlon on ths board. Why?

hibee_nation
15-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Arrg does this mean i have wasted my money on 2 season tickets then, could you not have told us sooner. :grr:

Ozyhibby
15-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Arrg does this mean i have wasted my money on 2 season tickets then, could you not have told us sooner. :grr:

So long as Rangers are dealt with appropriately then I'll be wasting my money on two season tickets as well.
The reason I have a pop at him is I don't rate him at all. His record so far is worse than calderwoods, his team lacked any forward creativity, could not retain possession of the football and had no width what so ever.
Love to be proved wrong but I doubt it.

son of haggart
16-06-2012, 07:07 AM

It was slightly childish, but i dont recall any other examples from Fenlon which could be said to be encouraging a lack of onfield discipline. I took it as simply a man at the end of his tether and at the time while i had a chuckle to myself I could sympathise with what he must have been feeling. I think a simple warning or a suspended ban would have sufficed.

While I can understand the SFA feel the need to discipline people who bring the game into disrepute I think the 4 match ban is harsh for what I thought was a first offence . The fact it was in a Cup Final may be more embarrassing but should make no difference to the severity of the ban. The antics of Lennon - for example his behaviour towards the referee after the Hearts semi final game, merit far greater sanctions, and yet again there would appear to be double standards applied.

SouthamptonHibs
16-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Lucky him...16th of June still no signings we r doing it the Hibs way.....2012/13 ? More ***** ahead......

Offside Trap
16-06-2012, 07:27 AM
So long as Rangers are dealt with appropriately then I'll be wasting my money on two season tickets as well.
The reason I have a pop at him is I don't rate him at all. His record so far is worse than calderwoods, his team lacked any forward creativity, could not retain possession of the football and had no width what so ever.
Love to be proved wrong but I doubt it.

Can't argue with your assessment of the team. But I would question the bit in bold. That was a team put together with sticky plasters and it showed. I very much doubt that if Fenlon had a blank piece of paper, time and a proper budget to work with then his team would have looked and played like it did. But he didn't have any of those luxuries last (mid) season.

If we are seeing the same things at Xmas without any sign of improvement then I'll start worrying. But I think we will see gradual improvement from here. But it ain't going to be overnight and we need to give Fenlon time - and certainly beyond November 2012!!

Lungo--Drom
16-06-2012, 07:34 AM
PF should appeal this for sure and get the cheating Yam CT exposed too!

snooky
16-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Jings! A 4 match ban for a rude gesture?
On a pro-rata scale, I shudder to think what he would have got for say, engineering a £100m fraud.
Probably a damn good hanging, endorsed by the SFA/SPL and their little CT elf.

lyonhibs
16-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Hadn't noticed that before. Sergio's a great guy.

:agree: Far too good for that mob, both on a "as a man" and a "as a manager" level. Delighted to see him gone.

greenginger
16-06-2012, 08:58 AM
After hearts second goal, Skacel runs to the corner flag in front of the Hibs fans where I was sitting and is joined by half a dozen other Hearts players some of whom gave us the GIYUY gestures.

Thomson, the corrupt referee, stood and watched with a grin on his face and made no attempt to move the players back to their own half.

Of course the BBC failed to show any of this on their match highlights. Its a pity nobody had a phone camera picture to publish to show a further example of bent refereeing.

Eyrie
16-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Jings! A 4 match ban for a rude gesture?
On a pro-rata scale, I shudder to think what he would have got for say, engineering a £100m fraud.
Probably a damn good hanging, endorsed by the SFA/SPL and their little CT elf.
The Kilmarnock chairman (and some others) would say that he's suffered enough.

Albion Hibs
16-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Fenlon showed a real lack of class when he made his gesture to the hearts fans, I expect a lot more from the manager of our club.

He has a two game ban, which he cant moan about, if he does not do anything like that again, then the other two games disappear and he/we have no problem.

NOLA
17-06-2012, 12:21 AM
After hearts second goal, Skacel runs to the corner flag in front of the Hibs fans where I was sitting and is joined by half a dozen other Hearts players some of whom gave us the GIYUY gestures.

Thomson, the corrupt referee, stood and watched with a grin on his face and made no attempt to move the players back to their own half.

Of course the BBC failed to show any of this on their match highlights. Its a pity nobody had a phone camera picture to publish to show a further example of bent refereeing. the ref didnt score the goals though, we werent good enough end of story.

Since90+2
17-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Lucky him...16th of June still no signings we r doing it the Hibs way.....2012/13 ? More ***** ahead......

Aye.

16th June , still 2 weeks away from pre season training even starting. May aswell just give up now for next season eh? :rolleyes: